PDA

View Full Version : Lamar @ SHSU - Week 7

Daytripper
October 7th, 2019, 08:52 AM
Lamar (3-3, 1-2) is still an enigma. They seem to have loads of talent but barely beat Mississippi Valley State and lost to SFA. But, they beat ACU this past weekend. Sam Houston (4-2, 3-0) seems to be finding their footing, although the final score of the SFA game doesn't represent how close that game actually was. Both Lamar and SHSU really need this game to prove something.

McCowboys
October 7th, 2019, 09:18 AM
Though Sam has lots of talent, I think they like to win ugly. Being that this is in Huntsville, I go with the home team.

Katfan
October 7th, 2019, 09:24 AM
Though Sam has lots of talent, I think they like to win ugly. Being that this is in Huntsville, I go with the home team.
Don’t know that we like to, we have to. Until we get a healthy qb, it’s going to be ugly. Even then it’ll probably be ugly.

BEAR
October 7th, 2019, 09:46 AM
Lamar may be struggling but Sam has QB issues. That's big and the reason why I'm choosing Lamar.,

Sammy94
October 7th, 2019, 11:53 AM
I don't think this one is close. Sam by at least 2 tds.

Puddin Tane
October 8th, 2019, 01:28 AM
Well, I thought we were turrible 3 weeks ago, and nothing has changed except injuries. We played acu with 4th, 5th and 6th string running backs. Maybe 1 (shoulder)and 3 (concussion)will be back, dunno. Offensive line has been hit hard. Leading tackler tore Achilles. I don’t see us keeping it close, especially is Sam passes.

We actually threw the ball downfield with success against ACU, but Schultz is determined to run, come hell or high water.

beware of our 2 yard passes....especially on 3rd and long. We have the most boring offense in organized football...hurts to watch

ok, done crying, Sam by 3 tds.

Serpentor
October 8th, 2019, 06:38 AM
Lamar may be struggling but Sam has QB issues. That's big and the reason why I'm choosing Lamar.,

We have enough talented players to overcome our QB struggles, at least against most Southland opponents. SHSU should win this one, but it'll be an ugly win.

BEAR
October 8th, 2019, 10:12 AM
Dang. 15 to 1. Guess I’m on the wrong side of this issue. But then again the 3 who voted against SLU last week thought the same. Who knows in our league.

F'N Hawks
October 8th, 2019, 10:35 AM
Well, I thought we were turrible 3 weeks ago, and nothing has changed except injuries. We played acu with 4th, 5th and 6th string running backs. Maybe 1 (shoulder)and 3 (concussion)will be back, dunno. Offensive line has been hit hard. Leading tackler tore Achilles. I don’t see us keeping it close, especially is Sam passes.

We actually threw the ball downfield with success against ACU, but Schultz is determined to run, come hell or high water.

beware of our 2 yard passes....especially on 3rd and long. We have the most boring offense in organized football...hurts to watch

ok, done crying, Sam by 3 tds.

You guys didn't happen to hire a guy named Rudolph to run your offense did you?

Daytripper
October 9th, 2019, 09:00 AM
Dang. 15 to 1. Guess I’m on the wrong side of this issue. But then again the 3 who voted against SLU last week thought the same. Who knows in our league.

It's the 2019 Southland. ANYTHING, and I mean anything, can happen.