PDA

View Full Version : #1 NDSU versus top 10 UNI (10/12)

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 6th, 2019, 01:05 PM
UNI will be a top 10 team come tomorrow.

This should be a great game. Both have very good defenses.

NDSU:

Can they run power against this UNI defense?
Will UNI bring pressure to confuse Lance in hopes he makes mistakes?
Both run and pass game are moving the chains.
Lean on the OL.
DL rotation is great. 10-12 guys are getting in there.
Special teams needs to get better. Weak spot right now.
Homecoming: should be a great crowd.
5 game winning streak against UNI.....make it 6!
Keep McELvain in the pocket

UNI:

Do they have enough of a running game to keep NDSU honest on defense?
Keep McElvain clean.
Small QB. DL....get the hands up.
Noise. Will it be a factor for McElvain?
NDSU offense clicking. Too much to defend?

Good old fashion slobberknocker.

IMO, NDSU has more offensive firepower compared to UNI. Both defenses are very good but if UNI cannot run the ball, they have no chance.

NDSU by 2 scores.

mvfcfan
October 6th, 2019, 01:07 PM
NDSU by at least 17.

TheKingpin28
October 6th, 2019, 01:31 PM
I am beyond pumped for this game. This is one of the few teams every year (regardless of record) who gives NDSU troubles and I wouldn't be shocked if the final score is within 10.

31-23 NDSU

penguinpower
October 6th, 2019, 01:33 PM
If the game is at the dome it is far more difficult. most teams get 3 points for home field. They get at least 10. That place is a pain in the ass

ysubigred
October 6th, 2019, 01:37 PM
If the game is at the dome it is far more difficult. most teams get 3 points for home field. They get at least 10. That place is a pain in the assTechnically it is in a dome not a gym. NDSU by 10

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

BisonFan02
October 6th, 2019, 01:47 PM
If the game is at the dome it is far more difficult. most teams get 3 points for home field. They get at least 10. That place is a pain in the ass

The Bison are better on the road.

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 6th, 2019, 01:49 PM
I am beyond pumped for this game. This is one of the few teams every year (regardless of record) who gives NDSU troubles and I wouldn't be shocked if the final score is within 10.

31-23 NDSU

I don't think anyone is scoring 23 on this defense. Delaware had 2 garbage time scores.

TheKingpin28
October 6th, 2019, 01:51 PM
I don't think anyone is scoring 23 on this defense. Delaware had 2 garbage time scores.

I believe NDSU gives up 23+ here and on the road against SDSU.

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 6th, 2019, 02:04 PM
I believe NDSU gives up 23+ here and on the road against SDSU.

What's the bet then?

xnodx

TheKingpin28
October 6th, 2019, 02:32 PM
What's the bet then?

xnodx

31-23 #bookit xlolx

I only bet with Thumper as he knows how to win them.

Professor Chaos
October 6th, 2019, 03:52 PM
This game makes me nervous. Hopefully the NDSU coaches and players keep their focus amongst all the chatter talking about how good they are after dismantling Illinois St and amongst the hubbub of homecoming. UNI's defense is legit and their offense, as inept as they've been at times, seems to swing for the fences a lot so they've got a punchers chance to burn the Bison defense with big plays.

I think this will be a dogfight similar to the 2015 homecoming game with something like 5 lead changes in the 4th quarter. I'll be satisfied with any kind of a win in this one.

Thumper 76
October 6th, 2019, 04:03 PM
31-23 #bookit xlolx

I only bet with Thumper as he knows how to win them.

Usually it’s because the amount of hubris coming from ndsu fans has goaded me into making a bet xlolx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TheKingpin28
October 6th, 2019, 04:13 PM
Usually it’s because the amount of hubris coming from ndsu fans has goaded me into making a bet xlolx

Are you sure it wasn't just that you wanted to drink with me? :(

Lorne_Malvo
October 6th, 2019, 04:14 PM
To POD Knows:

https://media1.tenor.com/images/447d0c42ca1db12ce1218adbe143d539/tenor.gif?itemid=12306147

Sincerely.

Bisonator
October 7th, 2019, 07:44 AM
UNI didn't impress me much against YSU. Their offense is meh again. Their defense is ok but not as dominate as past teams IMO. Of course they always seem to play NDSU tougher then anyone else. We should win this game going away.

dewey
October 7th, 2019, 09:51 AM
Hopefully we hang 50 on them again this year:D

Dewey

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 7th, 2019, 10:12 AM
UNI didn't impress me much against YSU. Their offense is meh again. Their defense is ok but not as dominate as past teams IMO. Of course they always seem to play NDSU tougher then anyone else. We should win this game going away.

I have a feeling this might be the case.

The Bison OL stepped up and dominated a good ISU DL. How they have another good DL.

Pick your poison. What do you defend? The Bison offense can run and pass the ball very effectively. Then there is the thread of TL running the ball also. A lot of pieces to defend for a defense.

The Bison defense should be fine. Keep McElvain in the pocket and don't let him improvise for a potential big play.

If the Bison continue to play like they did against Ill State, no one is beating them this year. That puts a huge smile on my face because this team is so young and will be better in the coming years....xnodx

MSUBobcat
October 7th, 2019, 12:59 PM

They didn't impress me much against ISU-o either. 13 points against the Bengals has to be the definition of an inept offense. Even D-II Western Colorado was able to muster 13 points ON THE ROAD vs. the Bengals!!

NDSU dump trucks them similar to ISU-r last weekend, IMO, "always playing NDSU tougher than anyone else" aside.

paward
October 7th, 2019, 02:21 PM
That Dome is a tough place to play in. I think the key chains may get them within ten points no more.

uni88
October 7th, 2019, 05:52 PM
UNI gets curb-stomped by the bi-sons. UNI has a good D that gives up too many big plays and an inconsistent O that won't be on the field long enough. Bi-sons blow the doors off the Fargo Great Wolf Lodge Dome in the 2nd half when the UNI D is gassed.

POD Knows
October 7th, 2019, 06:12 PM
NDSU always under performs at Homecoming, they turn games that should be curb stompings into a 3 or 4 touchdown nail biter wins. The last time they played UNI at a homecoming game, NDSU needed a miracle to win. No miracles this time. UNI 24 NDSU 17. #BOOKIT

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 7th, 2019, 06:38 PM
NDSU always under performs at Homecoming, they turn games that should be curb stompings into a 3 or 4 touchdown nail biter wins. The last time they played UNI at a homecoming game, NDSU needed a miracle to win. No miracles this time. UNI 24 NDSU 17. #BOOKIT

xnodx

Derby City Duke
October 7th, 2019, 07:04 PM
NDSU, 45 - 14

frozennorth
October 7th, 2019, 07:05 PM
my head says something like 38-14

my gut says 31-24

uni88
October 7th, 2019, 09:20 PM
UNI gets curb-stomped by the bi-sons. UNI has a good D that gives up too many big plays and an inconsistent O that won't be on the field long enough. Bi-sons blow the doors off the Fargo Great Wolf Lodge Dome in the 2nd half when the UNI D is gassed.

I didn't include a score. It's 13-6 bi-sons at the half and then Trey Elder takes advantage of the gassed UNI D and the bi-sons score 28 to a single FG for UNI for a final margin of 41-9.

ngineer
October 7th, 2019, 09:42 PM
I see this being a nail biter, but the Bison prevailing 20-17. I prefer a good defensive slobberknocker than a track meet.

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 8th, 2019, 06:36 AM
NDSU, 45 - 14

I'd be surprised if it was a score like this.

UNI always plays NDSU tough and this one will be the same I suspect. Although, this Bison offense is firing on all cylinders really well right now, so it will be very difficult to defend everything. OL is playing great and that is where it all starts for the Bison.

BisonBacker
October 8th, 2019, 07:02 AM
My prediction is that there will be a football game in the FargoDome on Saturday :D

Professor Chaos
October 8th, 2019, 08:45 AM
https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/48865303322_608cf47d61_c.jpg

caribbeanhen
October 8th, 2019, 09:28 AM
players change and things remain the same

Bison 38
N Iowa 21

uni88
October 8th, 2019, 11:51 AM
players change and things remain the same

Bison 38
N Iowa 21

Drink, to all that we have lost
Mistakes we have made
Players will change
But, the Bison remain the same

Gil Dobie
October 8th, 2019, 11:56 AM
Farley is saving a couple big plays for this game. I rarely pick against the Bison, been a fan too long to do something that stupid.

Bison 31-17

Professor Chaos
October 8th, 2019, 12:25 PM
Looks like the weather is going to be ugly for travel the day before the game and tailgating the morning of the game. Potential for over a foot of snow from Thursday night into Saturday: https://weather.com/forecast/national/news/2019-10-06-first-snow-of-season-rockies-plains-early-to-mid-october-forecast

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/48866432677_201a1f75f3_b.jpg

Gil Dobie
October 8th, 2019, 12:58 PM
Looks like the weather is going to be ugly for travel the day before the game and tailgating the morning of the game. Potential for over a foot of snow from Thursday night into Saturday: https://weather.com/forecast/national/news/2019-10-06-first-snow-of-season-rockies-plains-early-to-mid-october-forecast

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/48866432677_201a1f75f3_b.jpg

I'm seeing low of 34 and rain Friday and Saturday. Weatherman are such drama queens. :)

clenz
October 8th, 2019, 01:25 PM
That **** needs to stay west - for personal reasons.

Bisonator
October 8th, 2019, 02:00 PM
That **** needs to stay west - for personal reasons.
Or north. We don't need anymore moisture and especially not 2 feet of ****ing snow right now! Please go north.xprayx

TennBison
October 8th, 2019, 06:19 PM
My prediction is that there will be a football game in the FargoDome on Saturday :D
Is that before or after the "Winter Event".

PantherRob82
October 8th, 2019, 08:17 PM
There's no way UNI scores 23 in this game.

waverly_panther
October 9th, 2019, 07:39 AM
Should be a score similar to the Issue score, 38-3 or something similar. Can't see UNI scoring a TD in this one.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

waverly_panther
October 9th, 2019, 07:40 AM
Should be a score similar to the Issue score, 38-3 or something similar. Can't see UNI scoring a TD in this one.

Sent from my SM-G955U using TapatalkISU red. Damn autocorrect.

PantherRob82
October 9th, 2019, 03:04 PM

I'm sure we will get one where will runs for his life long enough to throw the ball up to someone and they make a spectacular catch to get a touchdown.

Big Cats
October 9th, 2019, 03:18 PM
There's no way UNI scores 23 in this game.

Agree. IF UNI wins, and that's a big IF, they will need to hold the Bison under 20. I don't see it happening.

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 10th, 2019, 06:32 AM
Agree. IF UNI wins, and that's a big IF, they will need to hold the Bison under 20. I don't see it happening.

This game could easily be something like 17-14 or a 13-10 score with either team winning.

Both defenses are very good but IMO, NDSU's offense is much better compared to UNI's.

BisonBacker
October 10th, 2019, 07:19 AM
This game makes me nervous. Hopefully the NDSU coaches and players keep their focus amongst all the chatter talking about how good they are after dismantling Illinois St and amongst the hubbub of homecoming. UNI's defense is legit and their offense, as inept as they've been at times, seems to swing for the fences a lot so they've got a punchers chance to burn the Bison defense with big plays.

I think this will be a dogfight similar to the 2015 homecoming game with something like 5 lead changes in the 4th quarter. I'll be satisfied with any kind of a win in this one.

UNI could be having a bad year yet always seem to play like world beaters when they play NDSU. As an example of this phenomenon just look at UCDavis. NDSU gets most everyone's "A" game. Everyone wants to knock off the Champion. Should be a good game.

dewey
October 10th, 2019, 01:30 PM

I think some turnovers by Trey Lance or some fumbles could be the recipe UNI needs in this game.

I would love to see a NDSU blowout of UNI but I just don't see it.

Maybe a high scoring game like last year?

Dewey

clenz
October 10th, 2019, 04:48 PM
Hey Fargo, turn the ****ing heat on

It's too early for this ****.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

POD Knows
October 10th, 2019, 05:34 PM

I am in Louisville on business. Supposed to be back to Fargo tonight. I will be lucky if I make kickoff

Bisonoline
October 10th, 2019, 05:48 PM

We agree!!!!!!

Bisonoline
October 10th, 2019, 05:50 PM
I am in Louisville on business. Supposed to be back to Fargo tonight. I will be lucky if I make kickoff

On the drive over today there was a temp drop of almost 20 degrees with in a 10 mile window.

Gil Dobie
October 10th, 2019, 06:06 PM
I don't mind the cold, just don't like questionable roads. Sure I can drive on those roads, have many times. Just don't know if I want the hassle.

Schism55
October 10th, 2019, 07:00 PM
My favorite game every year! Football the way it should be played. Knife fight in a ditch, let's ****ing go!
Bison win 27-13

Bisonator
October 10th, 2019, 07:27 PM

Welcome to south Canada.xdrunkyx

Can't believe the only vote for UNI is from POD Knows. Aint there one panther fan on here with some pride?xlolx

BeamMeUp
October 10th, 2019, 07:50 PM
I was very impressed with UNI's DL last week. They will make it tough for anyone to run on them this year. If the QB can get out of the pocket, the QB may have success running the ball, but that may be about it. With that being said, I do think UNI's secondary is susceptible to some big plays and I am not entirely convinced their offense is good enough to get them to where they need to be.

NDSU 24-14.

uni88
October 10th, 2019, 08:30 PM
Welcome to south Canada.xdrunkyx

Can't believe the only vote for UNI is from POD Knows. Aint there one panther fan on here with some pride?xlolxDoes POD Knows not have any pride in NDSU?

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Lorne_Malvo
October 10th, 2019, 08:51 PM
Does POD Knows not have any pride in NDSU?

I dont think you understand what POD Knows is all about.

ysubigred
October 10th, 2019, 08:54 PM
I dont think you understand what POD Knows is all about.#BOOKIT

Derby City Duke
October 10th, 2019, 08:56 PM

If you’re in Louisville again let me know. I’ll buy you a drink!

ysubigred
October 10th, 2019, 08:58 PM
If you’re in Louisville again let me know. I’ll buy you a drink!And IF DCD can't I can or both [emoji106]

Paladin1aa
October 10th, 2019, 09:24 PM
I like the Bison, 24-10.

uni88
October 10th, 2019, 09:27 PM
I dont think you understand what POD Knows is all about.I know what POD Knows is all about. :D

cx500d
October 10th, 2019, 10:01 PM
I like the Bison, 24-10.

Who doesn’t like the Bison, aka America’s team.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 10th, 2019, 10:06 PM
My favorite game every year! Football the way it should be played. Knife fight in a ditch, let's ****ing go!
Bison win 27-13

Ya, bring it UNI!!

xnodx

Drblankstare
October 10th, 2019, 10:41 PM
I always prefer this game be played early in the conference schedule, everyone gets time to heal up before the playoffs

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 11th, 2019, 06:59 AM
Tailgate might be smaller with the crappy weather. Might be a few more empty seats also.

Looking forward to the Bison owning the 1st and 2nd longest winning streaks in the FCS....xnodx

POD Knows
October 11th, 2019, 09:07 AM
If you’re in Louisville again let me know. I’ll buy you a drink!Hey, that is good to know. I actually flew into Louisville but had the meetings over at the WKU campus in Bowling Green, KY. Got back about 1:30 a.m. last night, not too bad.

SUPharmacist
October 11th, 2019, 10:07 AM
Who doesn’t like the Bison, aka America’s team.

Gross. I always hate when teams are dubbed America's team (even sarcastically). Although I guess I should celebrate it as those teams are generally successful enough that they are hated by most of the country.

BisonTru
October 11th, 2019, 10:33 AM
Damn 67 to 1 on the poll. The Bison usually choke when you least expect it and UNI always plays up for this game. I don't like it. This game is going to be close. Hope I'm wrong.

POD Knows
October 11th, 2019, 10:36 AM
Damn 67 to 1 on the poll. The Bison usually choke when you least expect it and UNI always plays up for this game. I don't like it. This game is going to be close. Hope I'm wrong.I got UNI on all three of my pics, the poll, the MVFC pick 'em and the AGS Pick 'em, it is a lock. The depression of the mood with respect to the current weather will be magnified with a Bison loss #MOTHER****INGBOOKIT

uni88
October 11th, 2019, 11:12 AM
There are three likely ways this game plays out.

The UNI defense is extremely good (but they do seem to give up a head-scratching big play or two). UNI finally has a QB who is mobile and can throw downfield. Unfortunately UNI's OLine has not been playing well and their running game has suffered.

Scenario One: UNI's D plays a great game and slows down NDSU. UNI's O makes some plays, scores a few points and controls the ball enough to give the UNI D time to catch their breath. A close game that comes down the wire.

Scenario Two: UNI's D plays a great game and slows down NDSU. UNI's O can't get it going or get first downs, they score a few field goals and maybe a TD. UNI's D is gassed in the 4th quarter and NDSU blows it wide open.

Scenario Three: UNI makes/gives up a couple head-scratching mistakes/big plays early and NDSU jumps to a quick lead. UNI's D steps up and stonewalls the NDSU O the rest of the way but UNI's O can't get it going enough to close the gap.

UNI is capable of giving the Bison all they can handle and winning this game. It's also possible that they get blown out. Hopefully it's a slobberknocker that goes to the wire.

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 11th, 2019, 11:36 AM
Couple of points:

NDSU has a big OL but UNI's is massive. Probably bigger than most FBS OLs. Somehow they cannot run block or are just not good at it. Either they are really slow or are just not good at it. If UNI cannot at least keep the Bison defense back a little with the threat of running then this game could be over early. McElvain isn't fast but he is quick IMO.....he improvises and can extend plays. His TD pass against Iowa State late in the game was awesome because he ran around evading the rush and threw a TD after it seemed like eternity.

IMO, NDSU can pass on this defense. Might have to pass to open up the run game.

UNI always defends the Bison pretty well and I fully expect that tomorrow.

F'N Hawks
October 11th, 2019, 11:49 AM
Couple of points:

NDSU has a big OL but UNI's is massive. Probably bigger than most FBS OLs. Somehow they cannot run block or are just not good at it. Either they are really slow or are just not good at it. If UNI cannot at least keep the Bison defense back a little with the threat of running then this game could be over early. McElvain isn't fast but he is quick IMO.....he improvises and can extend plays. His TD pass against Iowa State late in the game was awesome because he ran around evading the rush and threw a TD after it seemed like eternity.

I am going to try and tune in to see how this one plays out. I want to see UNI's defense go against a good offense as they haven't played vs a good FCS offense yet this year. See if their D can keep them in the game for awhile. Don't see their offense doing much but you never know.

Professor Chaos
October 11th, 2019, 11:49 AM
Couple of points:

Yep, McElvain's mobility may cause some issues for the Bison. They've had problems keeping mobile QBs contained in the past. Hopefully the D-line is able to maintain their rush lanes and collapse the pocket around him because I don't think he's a very good pocket passer. He's at his best throwing off of a scramble.

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 11th, 2019, 11:58 AM
Yep, McElvain's mobility may cause some issues for the Bison. They've had problems keeping mobile QBs contained in the past. Hopefully the D-line is able to maintain their rush lanes and collapse the pocket around him because I don't think he's a very good pocket passer. He's at his best throwing off of a scramble.

He reminds me of Doug Flutie or a Tarkington type guy. Slippery and makes plays.

Our DBs better be ready to cover because if he runs around and extends plays there is greater opportunity to catch a big play.

Keeping him contained should be a priority. Wonder if Jabril will shadow him so he cannot run around?

uni88
October 11th, 2019, 11:58 AM
Couple of points:

True. IMO the UNI Oline did look better against YSU than they did against their first couple of FCS opponents. I think they're better when they put a hand in the turf and that they're too passive when they start in an upright position. I'd be interested in clenz's thoughts on that.

UNI's D has to be consistent and it's playmakers are going to have to make plays to keep this game close. Elerson Smith needs to get to Lance and Xavior Williams needs to be a ball hawk.

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 11th, 2019, 11:59 AM
70 to 1 right now....xeyebrowx

No one has any faith in UNI?

POD Knows
October 11th, 2019, 12:03 PM

No one has any faith in UNI?I do #BOOKIT

uni88
October 11th, 2019, 12:04 PM

No one has any faith in UNI?

I put my logic out there for everyone to see. 3 likely scenarios with the Bison winning in 2 and the other being a toss-up. So there's a roughly 1 in 6 chance that UNI wins this. I made my pick based on that probability but I'm hoping for the longshot.

BEAR
October 11th, 2019, 02:17 PM
I voted UNI.

Upset special. No logical reasoning. I've been wrong on most of my picks this year. So why would this be any different? xlolx

If I'm right then I'm buying beers for both PODKnows and Grizzalltheway if we ever meet! xdrunkyx

Ivytalk
October 11th, 2019, 04:07 PM
NDSU without breaking a sweat.

IBleedYellow
October 11th, 2019, 04:22 PM
FYI. TheRevSFA was supposed to come up for this game this weekend.

Snow said no.

So what happens? Magic.

https://twitter.com/CardboardRev

TennBison
October 11th, 2019, 04:39 PM
Snow will not be a factor in the tailgating lot as I just bought a big can of snow repellent.

TheRevSFA
October 11th, 2019, 04:48 PM
I was confused. I thought 90s rapper snow was performing and I didn’t want to hear Informer

TheKingpin28
October 11th, 2019, 07:49 PM
Made the drive from Minneapolis and that is a drive I would not recommend again. **** was horrible once I hit Fergus Falls but I got to my hotel.

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

Derby City Duke
October 11th, 2019, 08:07 PM
Hey, that is good to know. I actually flew into Louisville but had the meetings over at the WKU campus in Bowling Green, KY. Got back about 1:30 a.m. last night, not too bad.

2 of my daughters graduated from WKU. Very familiar with Bowling Green.

We only live about 15 minutes from the airport in the’Ville.

Enjoy the game vs. UNI tomorrow.

POD Knows
October 11th, 2019, 09:26 PM
2 of my daughters graduated from WKU. Very familiar with Bowling Green.

We only live about 15 minutes from the airport in the’Ville.

Enjoy the game vs. UNI tomorrow.80 degrees every day down there, came back to a blizzard, I have no idea why anybody live up here.

JayJ79
October 11th, 2019, 11:23 PM
Gross. I always hate when teams are dubbed America's team (even sarcastically). Although I guess I should celebrate it as those teams are generally successful enough that they are hated by most of the country.

I view any team that is dubbed "America's team" in much the same manner that pretty much the rest of the world views America.

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 12th, 2019, 06:21 AM
Weather?

I've driven my semi thru worse than this. No problem getting down to Fargo for this game.

Should be a good game. 2 very good defenses. The difference IMO is that the Bison offense is more diverse and harder to defend.

Bison 28-13

POD Knows
October 12th, 2019, 08:08 AM
I view any team that is dubbed "America's team" in much the same manner that pretty much the rest of the world views America.What, with envy and a burning desire to live there??

dewey
October 12th, 2019, 08:38 AM
Happy gameday!

Go Bison!

My prediction
NDSU 31
UNI 17

Deweyhttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20191012/a537c87b9b49b29bba0fb1569da83581.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

TheKingpin28
October 12th, 2019, 10:48 AM
The lots are practically empty. Really unfortunate. IMO, UNI will benefit well from this as the Dome will be relatively quiet.

Schism55
October 12th, 2019, 10:55 AM
They just picked this game on Gameday. All 4 picked the Bison. Lets go!

uni88
October 12th, 2019, 11:43 AM
I view any team that is dubbed "America's team" in much the same manner that pretty much the rest of the world views America.

All you have to do to make "America's team" correct in almost any instance is to insert "most hated" in the middle.

POD Knows
October 12th, 2019, 11:59 AM
They just picked this game on Gameday. All 4 picked the Bison. Lets go!
Suckers #BOOKIT

POD Knows
October 12th, 2019, 12:28 PM
UNI in all whites. That always bodes well for visiting teams #BOOKIT

Bisonator
October 12th, 2019, 01:11 PM
Gonna be a long day for UNI! 8-0 Bison!

Lorne_Malvo
October 12th, 2019, 01:17 PM
NDSU needs to keep pressure on McElvain.

Bisonator
October 12th, 2019, 01:20 PM
UNI moved the ball but stalled and missed a FG attempt wide right.

Bisonator
October 12th, 2019, 01:25 PM
UNI plays good defense on NDSU's second drive forcing a punt. It's a nice punt pinning UNI deep.

Bison56
October 12th, 2019, 01:35 PM
TD Bison! What a throw and catch!

Lorne_Malvo
October 12th, 2019, 01:35 PM
Wow what a catch by Watson.

Bisonator
October 12th, 2019, 01:36 PM
Great throw by Lance and a great catch by Watson. 15-0 Bison

centennial
October 12th, 2019, 01:36 PM
I still can't get over the fact that NDSU might have found another good QB.

Schism55
October 12th, 2019, 01:37 PM
Holy **** that throw AND catch! xthumbsupx

Lorne_Malvo
October 12th, 2019, 01:43 PM
Farley is Farleying it up already.

And NDSU screws it all up. Send in the clown car.

centennial
October 12th, 2019, 01:44 PM
WHY would you do that trick play?

Bison56
October 12th, 2019, 01:45 PM
And they give it right back.

Bisonator
KVLY camera man must of fell asleep. Mcelvain intercepted by Hendricks. Then our fullback fumbles and UNI returns it to the 11.

centennial
And gives it back

Bisonator
October 12th, 2019, 01:46 PM
TD UNI is on the board.

centennial
October 12th, 2019, 01:47 PM
No call on the false start by 3 linemen.

Lorne_Malvo
October 12th, 2019, 01:47 PM
So much false start on the UNI TD. No call.

X-Factor
October 12th, 2019, 01:48 PM
Why is a fullback trying to carry the ball and not blocking?

POD Knows
October 12th, 2019, 01:49 PM
****ty no call on the motion on the UNI O line. Garbage TD

centennial
October 12th, 2019, 01:50 PM
So much false start on the UNI TD. No call.

It was so blatant that some players seemed to be expecting a whistle and didn't even get off the line.

centennial
October 12th, 2019, 01:53 PM
Yea, he grabbed the helmet from the back you clowns.

Lorne_Malvo
October 12th, 2019, 01:55 PM
Yea, he grabbed the helmet from the back you clowns.

Sproles taken down by a grab to the helmet earhole. No call. Sproles shaken up.

centennial
October 12th, 2019, 02:00 PM
#22 might be down. Probable shoulder.

POD Knows
October 12th, 2019, 02:02 PM
Strange call on third down. Hate FGs. Gave away 4 points there

centennial
October 12th, 2019, 02:13 PM
NDSU defense is a clown show.

gregatim
October 12th, 2019, 02:15 PM
#22 might be down. Probable shoulder.

nope, defense was tired. UNI has a history of faking injuries ala SDSU when the D is tired.

NDSU 18, Officials 14

where the **** did they find these clowns from?

Herdistheword
Our DB’s need to learn how to play the ball. This is one of those games that is closer than it should be. That fumble was an absolute killer.

POD Knows
The UNI QB should just keep throwing end over end passes off his back foot. It seems to work OK. kind of having their way with the Bison secondary.

Herdistheword
October 12th, 2019, 02:16 PM
nope, defense was tired. UNI has a history of faking injuries ala SDSU when the D is tired.

NDSU 18, Officials 14

where the **** did they find these clowns from?

I mean, UNI has made some good plays. Other than the missed false start, I think the officials have been pretty good.

Grizalltheway
October 12th, 2019, 02:19 PM
Gonna be a long day for UNI! 8-0 Bison!

Cue Lee Corso.

Bisonator
October 12th, 2019, 02:26 PM
Ugly end to the first half. NDSU is missing some big plays. Trey missed 2 easy throws that could have lead to a TD and then Crosa misses his first FG. Lots to clean up at half time. 18-14 Bison at the half.

centennial
October 12th, 2019, 02:27 PM
What a **** show from NDSU. Bad play clock management. Bad play calling. Missing 2 gimmes, and then the missed FG.

TheKingpin28
October 12th, 2019, 02:35 PM
Give me a new play clock manager and someone tell Lance how to throw a ball. He looks awful with his mechanics.

centennial
October 12th, 2019, 02:42 PM
Give me a new play clock manager and someone tell Lance how to throw a ball. He looks awful with his mechanics.

The wind up is a little long. What did you see? Base too wide?

semobison
October 12th, 2019, 02:46 PM
The fumble and return turned the momentum of this game. Looked like the Bison were on the verge of blowing the game open then the fumble that gave UNI a very short field and some life.

gregatim
October 12th, 2019, 02:47 PM
I mean, UNI has made some good plays. Other than the missed false start, I think the officials have been pretty good.

There are only 7 people who didn't see the false start and think the play reviewed was a catch.

The missed false start is absolutely mind boggling and I have no idea what the umpire was watching on that play but he never even turned around to watch the play and defaulted to "I guess I didn't see it hit the ground". We like to bitch and complain about KVLY's ****ty camera work. Only replay they had was from behind the play?? Surprised they actually had the ball somewhere in the video replay.

centennial
October 12th, 2019, 02:49 PM
No one else mentioned but also in the first half, I didn't like the zero blitz, db blitzes. When your base d is doing the job why go into such an aggressive defense. I mean you don't have Aaron Rogers on the other side.

Lorne_Malvo
October 12th, 2019, 02:51 PM
How does Gindorff always get that wide open.

Bison56
October 12th, 2019, 02:54 PM
How does Gindorff always get that wide open.

He must have cloaking powers.

centennial
October 12th, 2019, 03:01 PM
Geez.

Lorne_Malvo
October 12th, 2019, 03:12 PM
Trey Lance underperforming today.

Gil Dobie
October 12th, 2019, 03:13 PM
Great game, thread has a lot of bitching.

Lorne_Malvo
October 12th, 2019, 03:14 PM
Great game, thread has a lot of bitching.

Not sure what game you are watching but I am seeing a ****show.

Drblankstare
October 12th, 2019, 03:15 PM
Both offense looking like butt in the 3rd qtr. Been a good game, just no flow right now

semobison
October 12th, 2019, 03:17 PM
Lucky for NDSU #83 for UNI can't catch the ball!

centennial
October 12th, 2019, 03:21 PM
NDSU's running formations are scouted out really well. UNI knows when runs are coming, need to go under center and hit short play action passes. What happened to the WC plays? Why does NDSU run spread concepts?

Gil Dobie
October 12th, 2019, 03:25 PM
Not much different than other games. UNI has a good defense.

X-Factor
October 12th, 2019, 03:27 PM
228 rushing yards so far for NDSU early 4th quarter, 32-14

Bison56
October 12th, 2019, 03:28 PM
Cant wait to here how overrated UNI is.xrolleyesx

centennial
October 12th, 2019, 03:31 PM
UNI did better against Iowa State who I would think is a top 40 FBS team. I think NDSU is similar top 40-50 team in the country.

Drblankstare
October 12th, 2019, 03:31 PM
UNI kind of falling apart right now

Lorne_Malvo
October 12th, 2019, 03:37 PM
Cofield wanted that bad. TD NDSU.

semobison
October 12th, 2019, 03:40 PM
O-line is dominating! Nobody has run on UNI like this.

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 12th, 2019, 03:40 PM
No one in NDSU's own conference can really compete with them. Don't see any way the road to Frisco doesn't go through the Fargo Dome again.

Silenoz
October 12th, 2019, 03:41 PM
NDSU dominates some (allegedly) top 10 team

Fans complain about minor miscues

steelbison
October 12th, 2019, 03:42 PM
NDSU's running formations are scouted out really well. UNI knows when runs are coming, need to go under center and hit short play action passes. What happened to the WC plays? Why does NDSU run spread concepts?

Yep. That’s why we have almost 300 yards rushing against a team giving up 75 a game. STFU

Lorne_Malvo
October 12th, 2019, 03:44 PM
NDSU dominates some (allegedly) top 10 team

Fans complain about minor miscues

Demand perfection.

Silenoz
October 12th, 2019, 03:45 PM
Demand perfection.
You're the most successful program on the planet. You already have it...

Lorne_Malvo
October 12th, 2019, 03:47 PM
Huseman untouched, takes a dive for another typical UNI fake injury timeout.

- - - Updated - - -

You must not be watching this game. Lots of room for improvement.

Bisonator
October 12th, 2019, 03:47 PM
Wierd game. Trey was off with a lot of his throws. Crosa misses a chip shot FG. UNI misses 2 FG's and drops a TD pass. Bison run for damn near 300 yards on a UNI defense. I figured the score would be close to what it is but how we got here wasn't how I thought it would go.

steelbison
October 12th, 2019, 03:48 PM

Don’t try arguing with idiots. Honestly. These idiots never want to give the other team credit. They think every game should be 70-0

Lorne_Malvo
October 12th, 2019, 03:48 PM
Wierd game. Trey was off with a lot of his throws. Crosa misses a chip shot FG. UNI misses 2 FG's and drops a TD pass. Bison run for damn near 300 yards on a UNI defense. I figured the score would be close to what it is but how we got here wasn't how I thought it would go.

It sure has been "different".

Zeb is in.

dewey
October 12th, 2019, 03:49 PM
We had better hurry up if we are going to hang 50 on UNI again:D

Dewey

Lorne_Malvo
October 12th, 2019, 03:50 PM
Don’t try arguing with idiots. Honestly. These idiots never want to give the other team credit. They think every game should be 70-0

Lol, but yes 70-0 is acceptable.

No_Skill
October 12th, 2019, 03:52 PM
Lol, but yes 70-0 is acceptable.

Depends on the number of penalties.

Lorne_Malvo
October 12th, 2019, 03:52 PM
GO FOR 2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bisonator
October 12th, 2019, 03:53 PM
We had better hurry up if we are going to hang 50 on UNI again:D

Dewey
Keep Koby in there and it might happen.:D

centennial
October 12th, 2019, 03:53 PM
46-14 Farley doing Farley things.

dewey
October 12th, 2019, 03:54 PM
Touchdown run by true freshmen Kobe Johnson.

46-14 NDSU with 205 to go.

NDSU with 347 rushing yards.

Dewey

gumby013
October 12th, 2019, 03:54 PM
UNI making sure we don’t inflate our time of possession stats.

Bison56
October 12th, 2019, 03:55 PM

And?

semobison
October 12th, 2019, 03:56 PM
And, our #3 and #4 Rb's are better than any of UNI's! Lots of young talent on this years rebuilding NDSU team.

dewey
October 12th, 2019, 03:58 PM
The Bison win 46-14 to extend their winning streak to 27 games.

Dewey

centennial
October 12th, 2019, 03:58 PM
Do we have any ex UNI coaches anymore?

uni88
October 12th, 2019, 03:59 PM

Entz

Bisonator
October 12th, 2019, 04:00 PM
You serious clark?

Entz and Braun are former UNI coaches.

semobison
October 12th, 2019, 04:02 PM
When it is all said and done this maybe one of NDSU's best offensive teams ever. And, I have never been accused of being a homer!

NDSU1980
October 12th, 2019, 04:02 PM
Touchdown run by true freshmen Kobe Johnson.

46-14 NDSU with 205 to go.

NDSU with 347 rushing yards.

Dewey
Someone is going to complain we are running up the score. I suppose one of our guys should have tackled Kobe and kept him out of the endzone

centennial
October 12th, 2019, 04:03 PM
Entz

Thanks. Seems like Entz has 2 years at UNI. Who is the DC at UNI? Might as well keep a eye on him..

He was named defensive line coach in 2010 at Northern Iowa and assumed the defensive coordinator duties at UNI in 2012 after Klieman departed for NDSU.

Edit: Someone pointed out Braun is also from UNI. Needless to say I've not been paying attention.

David Braun was named defensive coordinator and safeties coach at North Dakota State University in January 2019.

Braun came to NDSU after two seasons at Northern Iowa, where he was the defensive line coach and run game coordinator in 2017 and the outside linebackers coach and special teams coordinator in 2018.

uni88
October 12th, 2019, 04:07 PM
Thanks. Seems like Entz has 2 years at UNI. Who is the DC at UNI? Might as well keep a eye on him..

If you're scouting your next HC, I'd be looking in-house at your OLine coach. He's doing a helluva job.

uni88
October 12th, 2019, 04:09 PM
Someone is going to complain we are running up the score. I suppose one of our guys should have tackled Kobe and kept him out of the endzone

Why did you bring this up?

BisonBacker
October 12th, 2019, 04:13 PM
No call on the false start by 3 linemen.
That was unbelievable. We all saw it in the stands. Even a UNI fan sitting next to me was laughing that they didn't get called for it.

uni88
October 12th, 2019, 04:16 PM
That was unbelievable. We all saw it in the stands. Even a UNI fan sitting next to me was laughing that they didn't get called for it.

The Refs swallowed their whistles for the majority of that game and both teams benefited at times.

Schism55
October 12th, 2019, 04:19 PM
Win against UNI and no injuries (I think)...sign me the F up!
Go Bison!

NDSU1980
October 12th, 2019, 04:25 PM
Why did you bring this up?
Because someone complained when we went for 2 last week.

Professor Chaos
October 12th, 2019, 04:54 PM
When it is all said and done this maybe one of NDSU's best offensive teams ever. And, I have never been accused of being a homer!
And the QB is a freshman, both starting WRs are sophomores, and 1a and 2 TEs are sophomores, and 4 of the 6 RBs getting carries will be back next year (along with the injured Seth Wilson) as will 3 of 5 starting O-lineman. This offense will only get better as the season goes on and into the next year or two.

As for the game count me as pleasantly surprised. I thought Lance had the worst game of his young career and the defense got torched by Westin from UNI yet they still got a dominating win and the run game was just otherworldly in the 2nd half. I think this game was perfectly imperfect in the fact that they won convincingly yet have plenty of things to work on going forward.

POD Knows
October 12th, 2019, 05:03 PM
Why did you bring this up?Delaware game, some butt hurt over that.

semobison
October 12th, 2019, 05:10 PM
And the QB is a freshman, both starting WRs are sophomores, and 1a and 2 TEs are sophomores, and 4 of the 6 RBs getting carries will be back next year (along with the injured Seth Wilson) as will 3 of 5 starting O-lineman. This offense will only get better as the season goes on and into the next year or two.

As for the game count me as pleasantly surprised. I thought Lance had the worst game of his young career and the defense got torched by Westin from UNI yet they still got a dominating win and the run game was just otherworldly in the 2nd half. I think this game was perfectly imperfect in the fact that they won convincingly yet have plenty of things to work on going forward.

We are absolutely loaded at RB. I was a little concerned when Wilson, who I thought would have been our #1 guy this year got hurt. Our O-line is absolutely dominating in the run game to start conference play.
I thought we had some good young players but also thought we might have some growing pains this year and drop a game or two. This team is playing at a high level, better than I expected!

semobison
October 12th, 2019, 05:13 PM
Delaware game, some butt hurt over that.

Deleware got throttled today!

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 12th, 2019, 07:51 PM
Some thoughts after this game:

NDSU's offense is really good. With all of the young players and losses from last year, many thought there would be a step back but not so far. Hard to defend so many weapons.

NDSU's OL dominated in the 2nd half. UNI was doing a very good job of stopping the run so far this year but NDSU hammered them in the 2nd half, even without that last TD run. They just wear down defenses.

The WR corp for the Bison is young and has the potential to be the best in the D1 era as a collect group.

Trey Lance made some misreads and some bad throws but overall he did a good job. His running kept UNI off balance in the 1st half.

UNI needs to something besides throw up 50/50 balls and hope one of their WRs comes down with it. Running game is basically the QB running after the pocket breaks down. Besides the fumble return leading to an easy TD, the offense didn't do much of anything, esp in the 2nd half.

SDSU and YSU will be tough road games but both of those teams need to bring their A game and the Bison to make mistakes to win.

And this Bison team is young.....xlolx.....good news for the rest of the FCS!!

X-Factor
October 12th, 2019, 10:55 PM
Some thoughts after this game:

And this Bison team is young.....xlolx.....good news for the rest of the FCS!!

It is. It’s the youngest team we have had since I’ve started watching NDSU. Scores are likely to be pretty lop sided in a year or two. Still could lose one this year

Bisonoline
October 12th, 2019, 11:33 PM
It is. It’s the youngest team we have had since I’ve started watching NDSU. Scores are likely to be pretty lop sided in a year or two. Still could lose one this year

I think I heard Entz say that we have 65 players who are sophomores or younger.

Derby City Duke
October 12th, 2019, 11:44 PM
NDSU, 45 - 14

Dang, missed it by 1. Well done Bizon.

dewey
October 12th, 2019, 11:54 PM
Dang, missed it by 1. Well done Bizon.

Great prediction!

Dewey

Derby City Duke
October 13th, 2019, 12:11 AM
Great prediction!

Dewey

Thanks. I attribute it to the blind squirrel premise - even they find a nut every so often 🤪

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 13th, 2019, 06:49 AM

Actually there are 84.....xeekxxeekx

Sophs: 26

Fr and RFR: 58

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 13th, 2019, 06:53 AM

The 1st title year (11) was full of sophomore starters but this is a very young team. This team is loaded. Plus the verbal commits for next year are very good.

SDSU and YSU are the only possibilities for a loss.

Professor Chaos
October 13th, 2019, 07:00 AM

Actually there are 84.....xeekxxeekx

Sophs: 26

Fr and RFR: 58
Of the 23 players on the offensive 2-deep for the Bison there are only 4 seniors. Two of those are RBs where they're ridiculously stacked and another is at TE where they are also stacked (I was mistaken earlier when I said they'll return 3 starting O-lineman next year, they'll actually return 4). This offense is on a trajectory to be just stupid good in the next year and a half if not longer.

Of 45 guys on the entire non-specialist 2-deep there are 4 freshman, 15 sophomores, 13 juniors, and 13 seniors.

Professor Chaos
October 13th, 2019, 07:05 AM

The 1st title year (11) was full of sophomore starters but this is a very young team. This team is loaded. Plus the verbal commits for next year are very good.

SDSU and YSU are the only possibilities for a loss.
'15 was a very young team also. I remember in that playoff drubbing of Montana every TD was scored by a freshman. Shows how good those senior classes were in '13 and '18 that they were making huge contributions to title teams as freshman and sophomores already. It's looking like the class of '21 might be similar. :)

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 13th, 2019, 07:19 AM
Of the 23 players on the offensive 2-deep for the Bison there are only 4 seniors. Two of those are RBs where they're ridiculously stacked and another is at TE where they are also stacked (I was mistaken earlier when I said they'll return 3 starting O-lineman next year, they'll actually return 4). This offense is on a trajectory to be just stupid good in the next year and a half if not longer.

Of 45 guys on the entire non-specialist 2-deep there are 4 freshman, 15 sophomores, 13 juniors, and 13 seniors.

We can look ahead because we are....fans....:D.......this team is beating Oregon next year and if POD puts the #bookit karma on it then it will be so...xnodx

Plus a kid like (Wlodarczyk) is a beast. Let Kramer put 20 lbs on this kid and put him at LB. This kid is special IMO.

This whole roster is loaded with talent.

uni88
October 13th, 2019, 11:02 AM
We can look ahead because we are....fans....:D.......this team is beating Oregon next year and if POD puts the #bookit karma on it then it will be so...xnodx

Congrats Bison on a great game! Your OLine is as advertised and the game plan against Elerson was excellent.

I would be careful about Oregon. The Mario Cristobal Ducks are not the Chip Kelly Ducks so this won't be like Stanford playing the Quack Attack. These Ducks are much more physical with an emphasis on both lines under Cristobal. They also have the best defense in the Pac 12 this year and I think they only have 3 senior starters on D.

It'll be strength against strength in a lot of ways and should be a very good game.

POD Knows
October 13th, 2019, 11:31 AM
Congrats Bison on a great game! Your OLine is as advertised and the game plan against Elerson was excellent.

I would be careful about Oregon. The Mario Cristobal Ducks are not the Chip Kelly Ducks so this won't be like Stanford playing the Quack Attack. These Ducks are much more physical with an emphasis on both lines under Cristobal. They also have the best defense in the Pac 12 this year and I think they only have 3 senior starters on D.

It'll be strength against strength in a lot of ways and should be a very good game.
I wonder what the buyout would be for Oregon against NDSU next year. If Oregon finishes strong this year, they may want no part of that game next year, particularly if NDSU runs the table this year.

I wouldn't be afraid if I were the Duck's, they have a lot returning, will probably finish in the the top 10 this year in FBS and will roll NDSU by 4 TD's #BOOKIT all day, every way

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 13th, 2019, 11:44 AM
I wonder what the buyout would be for Oregon against NDSU next year. If Oregon finishes strong this year, they may want no part of that game next year, particularly if NDSU runs the table this year.

I wouldn't be afraid if I were the Duck's, they have a lot returning, will probably finish in the the top 10 this year in FBS and will roll NDSU by 4 TD's #BOOKIT all day, every way

xlolxxnodx

Hope they are top 10. Bigger they are the harder they fall....xnodx

Lorne_Malvo
October 13th, 2019, 01:46 PM
The Ducks have Ohio State the week after NDSU. The buyout is 1 million, so I doubt the Ducks buy NDSU out.

POD Knows
October 13th, 2019, 03:01 PM
The Ducks have Ohio State the week after NDSU. The buyout is 1 million, so I doubt the Ducks buy NDSU out.Chump change for them. You could always schedule a sure win game prior to the OSU game, hell, there are all sorts of FCS teams out there looking for a pay day.

cx500d
October 13th, 2019, 04:02 PM
The Ducks have Ohio State the week after NDSU. The buyout is 1 million, so I doubt the Ducks buy NDSU out.

Phil Knight carries that in his Prius’ glove box.

Redbird 4th & short
October 13th, 2019, 05:40 PM

This is probably a very true statement. Our defense is much better than we showed last week. Sometimes things tend to snowball .. which was certainly part of our problem. But we got 8 more sacks this week. In 2 games prior to NDSU, we had 5 sacks and 9 sacks. In the game with just 5 sacks (NAU), we had 15 QBHs. In game with 9 sacks, there were at least 5 more plays we had QB nearly sacked. Against NDSU, we had 1 sack and 1 QBH. That rebuilt OL is legit. And their defense plays fast and smart. Saw a lot of SOs on the field ... a little scary.

Schism55
October 13th, 2019, 05:44 PM
Phil Knight carries that in his Prius’ glove box.

..and in between the cushions of his wicker sofa xsmiley_wix

Gil Dobie
October 14th, 2019, 12:58 PM

You may not have been around, but the 1983 team was young from what I remember. 7 players rushed for over 200 yards, 2 were QB's. Bentrim replaced Myles Bosch during the season. Then the next year, still young, lost to Troy St on a last second FG. 1985 in their prime, barely made the playoffs and finished off with a 3rd title for that group, in 1986.