PDA

View Full Version : Prairie View A&M, Your On The Clock

UNHWildCats
May 8th, 2007, 06:03 PM
You are the last ones without a completed schedule. xnonox xnonox xnonox xnonox You announced your 10 games on Feb 14 and said an 11th game was coming....

If this was the NFL Draft, ya'll would be Mr. Irrelevent xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

FINISH THE DAMN THING!

dbackjon
May 8th, 2007, 06:09 PM
You are the last ones without a completed schedule. xnonox xnonox xnonox xnonox You announced your 10 games on Feb 14 and said an 11th game was coming....

If this was the NFL Draft, ya'll would be Mr. Irrelevent xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

FINISH THE DAMN THING!

Travis, you're slipping - you haven't updated your schedule spreadsheet for the NAU and ASU schedules..xnonox xnonox

UNHWildCats
May 8th, 2007, 06:12 PM
i have lemme upload them

dbackjon
May 8th, 2007, 06:13 PM
i have lemme upload them

They don't do any good unless uploaded :p

UNHWildCats
May 8th, 2007, 06:14 PM
i gotta hunt down some of those obscure team logos thats why I hadnt upl;oaded yet but i'll do it with just the text on a few of them til i get the logos tonite or tomororw

UNHWildCats
May 8th, 2007, 06:19 PM
ok. Uploaded!

BaylorTitan
May 8th, 2007, 09:32 PM
Does PVA&M even need to post a schedule? just put 0-11 or 1-10 on there and your good.

Sorry for a newbie question, but where can I bet those niffty signature graphics at?

May 8th, 2007, 09:35 PM
... Sorry for a newbie...well newbie, might as well know that smack isn't allowed on the discussion board... it is reserved for reasoned talk only.

smack goes --------------->

BaylorTitan
May 8th, 2007, 09:38 PM
well newbie, might as well know that smack isn't allowed on the discussion board... it is reserved for reasoned talk only.

smack goes --------------->
Is it really smack when its true though? Thanks for the warning I'll keep it off of this board.xthumbsupx

May 8th, 2007, 09:42 PM
Is it really smack when its true though? Thanks for the warning I'll keep it off of this board.xthumbsupxBTW, look for the bars in the General AGS Website/Board Comments and Suggestions board.

3rd Coast Tiger
May 9th, 2007, 02:38 AM
Prairie View will be just fine this year.

Robert Strait and J.J. Joe send help.

TexasTerror
May 9th, 2007, 06:47 AM
Is it really smack when its true though? Thanks for the warning I'll keep it off of this board.xthumbsupx

PVA&M of now is not the same team of yesteryear...

While Grambling is having an easy time with the Panthers still, PVA&M beat Southern this past year...

And while PVA&M got swept off the field by a sub-Div I squad in a game that was suspended, the Labor Day Classic has become a different game as the squads aren't too different anymore...

813Jag
May 9th, 2007, 06:52 AM

While Grambling is having an easy time with the Panthers still, PVA&M beat Southern this past year...

And while PVA&M got swept off the field by a sub-Div I squad in a game that was suspended, the Labor Day Classic has become a different game as the squads aren't too different anymore...
How many people didn't do this?

BaylorTitan
May 9th, 2007, 10:10 AM

Their athletic department has always frustrated me. They have so much football and basketball talent in thier backyard, but they can't seem to turn the corner. I hope they are good this year.

Panther88
May 9th, 2007, 10:26 AM
I really don't know where we stand, talent-wise. But, we've made great strides over the last 2 years. The thing that plagues us is inconsistency and an incomplete coaching staff (no "true" OOC last fall believe it or not xsmhx ). Hopefully those things are addressed this fall. What I'm excited about lol (and don't you dare laugh!!!! lol) this upcoming fall is our potential special teams play. :) It's a VERY important part of the game that severely gets overlooked (especially the ball placement part as it relates to kickoffs and punts).

Thx for keeping the smack out of this thread ralph.

Panther88
May 9th, 2007, 10:31 AM
How many people didn't do this?
Well, lol to put it bluntly Jag, even during SU's "down" year(s), we STILL wouldn't win the game. lol Just shows how SORRY and putrid we were.

Last falls' gameplan was very simple and it started in the trenches on O and D. xreadx On O, we rotated those large linemen and kept POUNDING the ball. Didn't pass but what... maybe 9-11 times the entire game (check the stats on that one). On D, again they rotated down linemen and the LB corp. xreadx Who kept pushing and controlling the line of scrimmage. SU made it e-z because we KNEW that you all wouldn't run that much, if @ all. Just pass happy. So, we'd send the entire defense along w/ the waterboys on the blitz. xreadx

I think the final 5 minutes of the game coupled w/ Pete's arrogance and desire not to abandon his offensive "philosophy" cost SU the game. The LAST 2 minutes and even overtime, PV pretty much had their way w/ SU as the SU players were winded and tired (heat and being leaned upon for the entire game).

MplsBison
May 9th, 2007, 10:32 AM
Is You're really that much harder to type than Your?

People just won't do it.

Panther88
May 9th, 2007, 10:33 AM
Is You're really that much harder to type than Your?

People just won't do it.

Where Bison? Where? xconfusedx

MplsBison
May 9th, 2007, 10:46 AM
Prairie View A&M, Your On The Clock

813Jag
May 9th, 2007, 11:48 AM
Well, lol to put it bluntly Jag, even during SU's "down" year(s), we STILL wouldn't win the game. lol Just shows how SORRY and putrid we were.

Last falls' gameplan was very simple and it started in the trenches on O and D. xreadx On O, we rotated those large linemen and kept POUNDING the ball. Didn't pass but what... maybe 9-11 times the entire game (check the stats on that one). On D, again they rotated down linemen and the LB corp. xreadx Who kept pushing and controlling the line of scrimmage. SU made it e-z because we KNEW that you all wouldn't run that much, if @ all. Just pass happy. So, we'd send the entire defense along w/ the waterboys on the blitz. xreadx

I think the final 5 minutes of the game coupled w/ Pete's arrogance and desire not to abandon his offensive "philosophy" cost SU the game. The LAST 2 minutes and even overtime, PV pretty much had their way w/ SU as the SU players were winded and tired (heat and being leaned upon for the entire game).
I've been to a few games where you guys were a couple of plays away. You always play SU tough. We didn't run the ball well until the end of the season xreadx

Panther88
May 9th, 2007, 03:34 PM
I've been to a few games where you guys were a couple of plays away. You always play SU tough. We didn't run the ball well until the end of the season xreadx

The games that PV gets up for: SU. lol Only that one. I cannot explain it but you can sense it. xreadx There's a lot of history between the schools. You'd think it would be TSU or even GSU but TSUers are pretty much sisteren/brethren and GSU is.... well... lol They are what they are. lol

Glad to hear that SU FINALLY showed some semblance of a run game. One dimesnionalism isn't good. Even in our case. We run like there is no tomorrow but can't spell the word "pass." The "pass" is the "past" to us.lol Smash mouth football is what Frz and staff stress.

It'll be an interesting game this fall as we show some REAL speed (finally!!!) in the backfield and @ the wide-out positions. :) Also, we have a QB entering who SHOULD contend for the #1 spot. xreadx

813Jag
May 9th, 2007, 03:41 PM
The games that PV gets up for: SU. lol Only that one. I cannot explain it but you can sense it. xreadx There's a lot of history between the schools. You'd think it would be TSU or even GSU but TSUers are pretty much sisteren/brethren and GSU is.... well... lol They are what they are. lol

Glad to hear that SU FINALLY showed some semblance of a run game. One dimesnionalism isn't good. Even in our case. We run like there is no tomorrow but can't spell the word "pass." The "pass" is the "past" to us.lol Smash mouth football is what Frz and staff stress.

It'll be an interesting game this fall as we show some REALY speed (finally!!!) in the backfield and @ the wide-out positions. :) Also, we have a QB entering who SHOULD contend for the #1 spot. xreadx
Honestly I don't know what we'll do this year. xconfusedx We've had some coaching changes so September will be huge for us. But I agree being one dimesnional isn't good. How did Coach Dorsey say it "We gonna run on the field and run off of it" That's all the running we did. xnonono2x

Panther88
May 9th, 2007, 09:46 PM
Honestly I don't know what we'll do this year. xconfusedx We've had some coaching changes so September will be huge for us. But I agree being one dimesnional isn't good. How did Coach Dorsey say it "We gonna run on the field and run off of it" That's all the running we did. xnonono2x

LOL! You guys perfected Dorsey's slogan. lol But, he also said "as soon as we get off the bus, we'll be throwing passes until we get back on the bus." Again, you all perfected it. xnonono2x

SUjagTILLiDIE
May 9th, 2007, 09:47 PM
The games that PV gets up for: SU. lol Only that one. ell, thats everybody in the SWAC.

Panther88
May 10th, 2007, 08:52 AM
ell, thats everybody in the SWAC.

It's just something about you Jags that brings out the best.... or worst in everyone. lol xlolx

RabidRabbit
May 10th, 2007, 09:33 AM
Valpo & PVAM have the 9/22 date open. This could be a beneficial game for both teams. :D

Panther88
May 10th, 2007, 10:55 AM
Valpo & PVAM have the 9/22 date open. This could be a beneficial game for both teams. :D

$$$$$$$$ for travel, etc. I think PV wants a home game on that date. As cheaply as possible, so.... don't be surprised to see FCS applicant Langston on the slate in our house yet again. I would hope w/ differing results though. xnonono2x They REALLY put it to us last fall. That all-world QB and that O and D line they had were manhandling us. xreadx

While I'm @ it, (for TexasTerror mainly) this is the FIRST fall where we've actually matured and have an all FCS (formerly I-AA) schedule w/in the last 15 or so years! We're SLOWLY making great strides.

TexasTerror
May 10th, 2007, 11:37 AM
$$$$$$$$ for travel, etc. I think PV wants a home game on that date. As cheaply as possible, so.... don't be surprised to see FCS applicant Langston on the slate in our house yet again. I would hope w/ differing results though. xnonono2x They REALLY put it to us last fall. That all-world QB and that O and D line they had were manhandling us. xreadx

Langston wants to go FCS? This is the first I've heard about it. Any links?

While I'm @ it, (for TexasTerror mainly) this is the FIRST fall where we've actually matured and have an all FCS (formerly I-AA) schedule w/in the last 15 or so years! We're SLOWLY making great strides.

Congrats, if that's the case! What will happen next year with more open dates? We going to see some PVA&M vs SLC match-ups?

Panther88
May 10th, 2007, 01:28 PM
Langston wants to go FCS? This is the first I've heard about it. Any links?

Wild rumor TT. Just got it verified by their admins that they're staying put in NAIA land. Not enough resources ($$$$$) currently to fund facilities for the move to FCS. I'd spoken w/ someone ~2 years ago and they indicated that LU was considering a move to Div II of the NCAA. xconfusedx

Congrats, if that's the case! What will happen next year with more open dates? We going to see some PVA&M vs SLC match-ups?
Good question. Not sure. If there's $$$$ to be made, I'm sure PV admins will step up and make something good happen. R we ready for that level of competition? lol I don't think so. lol

BigApp
May 12th, 2007, 03:13 PM

it would certainly make for an interesting crowd!

DFW HOYA
May 12th, 2007, 03:18 PM
I'm sure PV admins will step up and make something good happen. R we ready for that level of competition? lol I don't think so. lol

Just hope it's not a game with Paul Quinn.

downbythebeach
May 12th, 2007, 08:55 PM
If they want an easy game I hope they go with Lincoln U out of Missouri.

R.A.
May 20th, 2007, 12:48 PM
It seems like PVAMU and Savannah State would have scheduled each other by now...

2007 PVAMU Football Schedule
Sept. 1 *Texas Southern Houston 7:00 p.m.
(Labor Day Classic)

Sept. 8 North Carolina A&T Los Angeles TBA
(Angel City Classic)

Sept. 15 *Southern Baton Rouge, La. TBA

Sept. 22 Open

Sept. 29 *Grambling State Dallas 6:00 p.m.
(State Fair Classic)

Oct. 6 *Alcorn State Alcorn State, Miss. TBA

Oct. 13 *Alabama State Montgomery, Ala. TBA

Oct. 20 Open

Oct. 27 *Mississippi Valley Prairie View 2:00 p.m.
(Homecoming)

Nov. 3 *Arkansas-Pine Bluff Pine Bluff, Ark. TBA

Nov. 10 *Jackson State Prairie View 1:00 p.m.

Nov. 17 *Alabama A&M Prairie View 4:00 p.m.

SAVANNAH STATE 2007 Football Schedule

Aug. 30 @ Morgan State University Baltimore, Md.
Hughes Stadium 7:00 p.m.

Sept. 8 Johnson C. Smith Univ.*
Joe Turner Classic Savannah, Ga.
Ted Wright Stadium 4:00 p.m.

Sept.15 Bethune-Cookman Univ.*
Military Appreciation Day Savannah, Ga.
Ted Wright Stadium 4:00 p.m.

Sept. 22 OPEN

Sept. 29 @ Fort Valley State Univ. Fort Valley, Ga.
Wildcat Stadium 5:00 p.m.

Oct. 6 @ Charleston Southern Univ. Charleston, S.C.
Buccaneer Field 1:30 p.m.

Oct. 13 Morehouse College
15th CSRA Classic Augusta, Ga.
Lucy C. Laney Stadium 2:00 p.m.

Oct. 20 North Carolina Central Univ.*
Church and Community Day Savannah, Ga.
Ted Wright Stadium 2:00 p.m.

Oct. 27 Edward Waters College*
Homecoming Savannah, Ga.

Nov. 3 @ Gardner-Webb Univ. Boiling Springs, N.C.
Spangler Stadium 1:30 p.m.

Nov. 10 OPEN

Nov.17 Mississippi Valley State Univ.*
Senior Day Savannah, Ga.

PantherRob82
May 20th, 2007, 12:51 PM
Can't believe it's still open.

Model Citizen
May 20th, 2007, 04:39 PM
If they want an easy game I hope they go with Lincoln U out of Missouri.

I looked at the Lincoln athletic site and came across their baseball page. Interesting picture for a team at an HBU.

http://www.lincolnu.edu/pages/1018.asp

already123
May 27th, 2007, 09:55 PM
anyone think PV will be decent this year? i have personally seen some of their skill players...they can turn some heads. (but can that transfer onto the field?)

813Jag
May 28th, 2007, 07:28 AM
I think they'll be better, how they finish I don't know. It seems as if the SWAC west division will be wide open. xconfusedx

already123
May 28th, 2007, 06:18 PM
true true