PDA

View Full Version : Patriot League Pick 'em Week 7

carney2
October 6th, 2019, 08:33 AM
Remind me again why we had all that excitement 7 or 8 years ago over athletic scholarships coming to the Pathetic Patsy League. If, as Bill Parcells said, you are what your record says you are, then non-scholarship Georgetown, at 4-1, and riding a 4 game winning streak, including two wins over Ivy opponents, is the best of this woebegone bunch. And, don't feed me anymore of your redshirt and AI BS! It's all about coaching (translation: recruiting) and institutional support. And with very isolated exceptions, we stink at both. Lafayette will be the first school headed for D3, but the rest of this League had better find someplace to hide. Just about every school's non-scholly teams of 10 or 20 years ago would blow the doors off their current play for pay bunch.

And now, for this week's version of who gives a crap:

FRIDAY:

LAFAYETTE @ Princeton

SATURDAY:

HOLY CROSS @ Brown

BUCKNELL @ COLGATE

FORDHAM @ GEORGETOWN

LEHIGH @ Bye (Apparently a home and home series because this is the second game between these two this year.)

van
October 6th, 2019, 08:44 AM
LAFAYETTE @ Princeton, the curse still in effect

HOLY CROSS @ Brown, probably more of a toss up but I will give Cross benefit of the doubt

BUCKNELL @ COLGATE, Gate is a mess but come on it is Bucky and BB is about to start

FORDHAM @ GEORGETOWN, no D vs good D, going with the good D at home

bonarae
October 6th, 2019, 08:59 AM
Princeton
Holy Cross
Colgate - toss-up?
Georgetown

Son of Eli
October 6th, 2019, 10:19 AM
Princeton, Brown, Colgate, Georgetown.

RichH2
October 6th, 2019, 10:43 AM
The ever cuddly Curmudgeon in full voice this year. An apt description of the dung heap we have sunk to.
Agree coaching is the key to success. Coaches prosper with good players. Recruiting the essential ingredient. Schollies have given us more top players but not enough to keep pace.
I'll hold judgment on Chesney, Cecchini, Gilmore and Conlin. All in varous stages of rebuilding.
Chesney has built a solid foundation.
Conlin has recruited a lot of talent but has shown little in fielding a D. Likewise Chesney has recruited very well building a decent D but still searching for a QB.
Gilmore has recruited very well. The program heading up from the bottom.Team has bought into his program
Cecchini has brought some life into Bison after being dormant for years.
Garrett has found a QB. Perhaps the best in the PL. Not much else to see tho. Almost no progress progress over 3 years.
Hunt. He is not Biddle. In dire need of an OC and some new voices. A good amount of talent and solid players but with no confidence or fire.
Hoyas are totally different metric. Excellent Head Coach who has built a very solid team within the limits imposed by his administration. A sadly epic achievement.
Coaches have to excel and the PL has to help them do so.

carney2
October 7th, 2019, 08:43 AM
FRIDAY:

LAFAYETTE @ Princeton - This game would be in the unwinnable column even if Tigger sent out its women's volleyball team in football suits. The Curse lives. Still, Tigger's rather pedestrian performance against Columbia on Saturday will give one or two people unmerited pause.

SATURDAY:

HOLY CROSS @ Brown - Brown is terrible (again/still), and you either have some faith in the Chesney experiment or you don't.

BUCKNELL @ COLGATE - Until proven otherwise (and there are lots of opportunities for that to happen), Bucky continues to look like the worst team in a very bad League.

FORDHAM @ GEORGETOWN - On the Hoyas bandwagon - for now.

LEHIGH @ Bye - C'mon, Joe, two Byes in one season?! A major scheduling screwup - and it's on you. Not to worry, though. This will be forgotten when your other brainfart of 2019 - "our coaching hire has to be all about defense," while the people's choice was hired by another PL school - comes home to roost. When that "other coach" begins to beat you in a few years, the pitchforks, tar and feathers will be headed for your house.

Fordham
October 7th, 2019, 09:20 AM
Princeton
HC
Colgate
Fordham

Lehigh Football Nation
October 7th, 2019, 10:26 AM
LAFAYETTE @ Princeton - This game would be in the unwinnable column even if Tigger sent out its women's volleyball team in football suits. The Curse lives. Still, Tigger's rather pedestrian performance against Columbia on Saturday will give one or two people unmerited pause.

A few notes on the Columbia/Princeton game. First, Columbia kept it close because they stifled Princeton's running game effectively (they only had 100 total yards rushing, or thereabouts) and held onto the ball (the Lions TOP was 34 minutes). If they had anything close to a decent offense they might have pulled off the upset. If Lafayette is to beat The Curse (not likely), they will have to do something similar.

Second, Princeton has a 13 game winning streak, hasn't lost since the final weekend of 2017, and has a team that could probably trounce Rutgers. But they only had an announced attendance of 5,225 at their conference game last weekend. Lehigh beat Colgate last week in front of a homecoming crowd of 3,838, but that was a game pitting two teams with 1 win among them. 5,225 attendance with a FCS Top 25 team... that's a problem. IMO.

RichH2
October 7th, 2019, 01:14 PM
FRIDAY:

SATURDAY:

HOLY CROSS @ Brown - Brown is terrible (again/still), and you either have some faith in the Chesney experiment or you don't.

BUCKNELL @ COLGATE - Until proven otherwise (and there are lots of opportunities for that to happen), Bucky continues to look like the worst team in a very bad League.

LEHIGH @ Bye - C'mon, Joe, two Byes in one season?! A major scheduling screwup - and it's on you. Not to worry, though. This will be forgotten when your other brainfart of 2019 - "our coaching hire has to be all about defense," while the people's choice was hired by another PL school - comes home to roost. When that "other coach" begins to beat you in a few years, the pitchforks, tar and feathers will be headed for your house.

Merrimack was a fill in game for a cancelled date. a domino effect flipping SHU to November. Joe tried to get a game for one of the Byes but no luck.

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 7th, 2019, 02:17 PM
Merrimack was a fill in game for a cancelled date. a domino effect flipping SHU to November. Joe tried to get a game for one of the Byes but no luck.

Schedule sets up perfect for a Lehigh program trying to get back on its feet. 2 stretch ('Nova/UC Davis) FCS games and basically peer NEC games at this point. The 2 byes have come at great times (post-Cali and post-Gate). I would have liked to have seen an Ivy but owell. Next year at least one returns iirc....

The PL is wide open. Lehigh could just as easily go 4-7 as they can 7-4. The goal is to win games. See where they end up after Lafayette....

Sader87
October 7th, 2019, 02:48 PM
I think this week will provide a little more clarity as to who is in the hunt. (save for the Engineers of course).

* Get a bettah feel for the Hoyas vis a vis the PL with a home game against Fordham
* Can HC's O start to match its D at Brown?
* Can the Gate rebound or will they struggle at home against the Bison.
* Will the Leopards be able to hang tough at Princestone?

ngineer
October 7th, 2019, 09:07 PM
FRIDAY:

SATURDAY:

I disagree that this was a "scheduling screw up". LU could have added another game, and possibly an easy one, but with all the transition issues and 34 freshman coming in, having two byes allows for extra teaching and recovery this year, which has been needed. This team is showing significant growth as a team and starting to gel. In reality, Lehigh is 3-2, with the SFU game having a TD that was not called or reviewed at the time because the equipment wasn't working at the time. In the two losses, we were beaten by much better teams, but the team fought in each game to the end. Defense is what wins championships. I have always believed in that mantra and the attitude of the Lehigh D this year is lightyears from the past five. With all the youth, there will be more mistakes that may likely cost us a game or two, but one can see a good future. Do we need a new OC? Possibly, but one thing at a time.

ngineer
October 7th, 2019, 09:17 PM
Now for picks

'pards will continue with their phobia with Princeton, though with their new gunslinger, they may make it more entertaining than usual, Tigger, 42-24.

Major game for HC to get a W against one of the lesser lights of the IL. Failing to win this one could signal bigger problems. Cross, 24-14.

Either the Raiders will rip Bucky to shreds this week after last week's debacle, or they are 'down in the doghouse' and can't see a way out. In the PL, with one loss, their backs are to the wall to win the championship, already. Bucky has shown some offensive life, but I don't see enough to win this one. 'gate, 28-17.

The best game on the marquee, imo. The battle of the Jesuits inside the 'beltway' (which doesn't sound good in these times). This will tell us if Hoya Saxa is for real. Could be a low scoring affair, and at home, I'll go with G'town 16-13.

Lehigh gets its rematch with Bye and uses it well to heal up. Moutain Hawks lost two starting WRs on Saturday, with fingers crossed that both are not done for the season.

TheValleyRaider
October 7th, 2019, 10:20 PM
Oh how the Hamiltonians have hurt my picking. 3-1 last weekend, now up to 25-11 for the season

Lafayette at Princeton Princeton No need to reference curses here, the Tigers are simply good and Lafayette is simply...well less than good. To the extent Princeton struggled to put away Columbia, it only makes me wonder how Georgetown might stack up. The Leopards are usually good for making a few games feel more unpredictable than they end up being, but not this matchup.

Holy Cross at Brown Holy Cross Crusaders' victory over UNH still the marquee OOC win for the League this year. Right now looks like the best of the bunch, and I still feel good about picking a PL contender over an Ivy bottom-feeder. How big that spread is, well, that's not what this pick is for, now is it?

Bucknell at Colgate Colgate Hopes for an offensive bounceback are not high, at least from this picker, given the Bison typically having a strong defense. Luckily BU is every bit as toothless offensively. Wouldn't surprise me to see one (or several) defensive scores in this one. It's been a while since the Raiders lost this many in a row, so I'm not sure what to do with my hands right now. If they can't beat Bucknell at home, though?

Fordham at Georgetown Georgetown Very interested to see this one play out, as Fordham's win over Richmond suggests there might be some growth happening in the Bronx. The Hoyas keep rolling, going 2-0 in New York State over the last two weeks. Why not another win over the Empire State for what may well be the League's second best team?

PAllen
October 8th, 2019, 11:12 AM
Can we please put a stop to the "tough FCS OOC" and "we're really 3-2" lines? Davis might have been tough in the past, but they are not this year. I don't see NDSU, JMU, or anyone close on there. Nova has the chance to prove me wrong, but so far, they look like an above average CAA team. Second, we are not "really 3-2". The play was called the way it was on the field, and both teams played on with that as a given. Lehigh hasn't gotten it done against any but the weakest of opposition. It has nothing to do with how functional the replay equipment was. This program is headed into disgrace territory fast.

I wonder why they had trouble selling subscriptions for the hoped for luxury suite addition.

Lehigh Football Nation
October 8th, 2019, 01:35 PM
Can we please put a stop to the "tough FCS OOC" and "we're really 3-2" lines? Davis might have been tough in the past, but they are not this year. I don't see NDSU, JMU, or anyone close on there. Nova has the chance to prove me wrong, but so far, they look like an above average CAA team. Second, we are not "really 3-2". The play was called the way it was on the field, and both teams played on with that as a given. Lehigh hasn't gotten it done against any but the weakest of opposition. It has nothing to do with how functional the replay equipment was. This program is headed into disgrace territory fast.

I wonder why they had trouble selling subscriptions for the hoped for luxury suite addition.

Pretty sure they will be occupied during Leh-Laf

PAllen
October 8th, 2019, 02:27 PM
Pretty sure they will be occupied during Leh-Laf

They weren't built. What was built was a much pared down version that pretty much just moves the press and cameras to the other side. Nowhere near the matching tower "or even expanded" that was initially sought. I also wouldn't be so sure about L/L being a sellout. Long gone are the days that non-students had to get their tickets in August or sit on a wait list.

DFW HOYA
October 8th, 2019, 02:31 PM
They weren't built. What was built was a much pared down version that pretty much just moves the press and cameras to the other side. Nowhere near the matching tower "or even expanded" that was initially sought. I also wouldn't be so sure about L/L being a sellout. Long gone are the days that non-students had to get their tickets in August or sit on a wait list.

What was the last year that it did not sell out?

PAllen
October 8th, 2019, 03:11 PM
What was the last year that it did not sell out?

The last few at Lafayette. There has also been decreasing attendance by the Lafayette fans at Goodman. They may buy tickets, but many don't bother to come in to see the game.

Looked it up, about 500 and about 1000 shy the last two times at Goodman.

Sader87
October 8th, 2019, 03:25 PM
I wonder what the largest non LC-LU game attendance has been in the PL between 2 league membahs?

Colgate-HC drew decent crowds at Fitton but that was mostly pre-PL.

My guess would be Lehigh against probably Colgate at Goodman at some point.

PAllen
October 8th, 2019, 03:30 PM
I wonder what the largest non LC-LU game attendance has been in the PL between 2 league membahs?

Colgate-HC drew decent crowds at Fitton but that was mostly pre-PL.

My guess would be Lehigh against probably Colgate at Goodman at some point.

I believe it's still Bucknell at Lehigh in the late 90s.

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 8th, 2019, 03:45 PM
I believe it's still Bucknell at Lehigh in the late 90s.

Lehigh vs Bucknell 10/21/00 16,906
Lehigh vs Colgate 11/9/02 15,012
Lehigh vs Holy Cross 10/27/91 14,055

Ivytalk
October 8th, 2019, 04:23 PM
Tigers devour Leopards
Holy Cross exorcises Brown.
Raiders corral Bison
Georgetown filibusters Fordham

ngineer
October 8th, 2019, 08:00 PM

Yes, I was there for that one. Parents Weekend and a gorgeous sunshine filled day in the mid-60's and South Mountain in gorgeous yellow and orange colors. The University had an aerial photo taken of the scene and it used it to grace the back page of the old "Media Guides" they used to publish.

NY Crusader 2010
October 8th, 2019, 08:20 PM

Holy Cross-Georgetown for all the marbles this year will obviously surpass those figures.

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 8th, 2019, 08:24 PM
Yes, I was there for that one. Parents Weekend and a gorgeous sunshine filled day in the mid-60's and South Mountain in gorgeous yellow and orange colors. The University had an aerial photo taken of the scene and it used it to grace the back page of the old "Media Guides" they used to publish.

I can proudly say I was at all of them. Honestly, I don't think I've missed any of the Top 20 or so crowds in Goodman history. There were numerous crowds 12k+ from 1988-2005.
1991 Dartmouth, Colgate in 1998, Towson 1999, Colgate 2000, Penn 2000, Princeton 2002, Colgate 2004 stand out as other big crowds

ngineer
October 8th, 2019, 08:29 PM

In terms of evaluating where we are we know that a touchdown was scored. Yes, the officials screwed up, and we had to play it the way it lied, but it was not called the way it was on the field. At the beginning of the year many, here, didn't think we'd win more than three games this year. Well, we have a good opportunity to well exceed that, and effectively, we have achieved that. I stated back in August we'd be anywhere from 3-8 to 8-3. With a decent defense, every game is winnable. Yes, we are far from where we want to be, and I think it will take another year or two to achieve that level, but I like the effort and intensity I have seen. There can be much satisfaction if the kids continue to improve week to week. Why continue to subject yourself to such misery?
Last week the Power rankings came out once 5 weeks results were in and of 126 teams, Lehigh was ranked at #50, with Colgate at #77. Ratings were 20.80 for Lehigh and 15.18 for Colgate. Lehigh was 14-20 point underdogs by the betting services, but the power rankings had us winning by almost 6 points..ta da. The rankings are calculated on strength of schedule. No system is perfect, but this does have an indicia the that we are not heading into 'disgrace territory fast.' We've beat the scholarship issue into submission as well as the various other issues. The best we can do, at present, is focus on winning the PL. Before 1987 we had no league championship to play for, but only hope that we would get voted into a playoff. There are a lot of things that are no longer "what they were" (including ourselves), so enjoy what you have.

ngineer
October 8th, 2019, 08:34 PM
Holy Cross-Georgetown for all the marbles this year will obviously surpass those figures.

As much as we grouse about having only 7 teams in the league, it does magnify the importance of each game. Lose one and your only realistic hope is co-champ with someone else.

PAllen
October 9th, 2019, 06:12 AM

Lol, when multiplied by 10. :)

Lehigh Football Nation
October 9th, 2019, 10:33 AM
One underreported aspect of this Patriot League football season is that it's gone almost immediately from a track-meet 52-45 league to a rock fight 13-10 league in the span of one short season. Last year, Colgate was the only team with a decent defense and it carried them a long way. Now it's looking like Holy Cross, GTown, and throw Lehigh in there have good PL defenses. Fordham's defense also looks vastly improved, and Colgate's defense still seems good as well.

PAllen
October 9th, 2019, 11:24 AM
One underreported aspect of this Patriot League football season is that it's gone almost immediately from a track-meet 52-45 league to a rock fight 13-10 league in the span of one short season. Last year, Colgate was the only team with a decent defense and it carried them a long way. Now it's looking like Holy Cross, GTown, and throw Lehigh in there have good PL defenses. Fordham's defense also looks vastly improved, and Colgate's defense still seems good as well.

Is that actually good defense, or are we just facing piss poor offenses?

Lehigh Football Nation
October 9th, 2019, 11:45 AM
Is that actually good defense, or are we just facing piss poor offenses?

A fair question. The defense that was tested the most was Holy Cross' against UNH and Yale, and they went 1-1 against them. Georgetown wore down against Davidson's rushing attack. Lehigh of course gave up yards and points to Villanova and UC Davis, though those are two very good offensive teams by any measure. Fordham is a real puzzle, too.

Still, Lehigh was routinely giving up 30+ points a game to everyone last year, and now they are ranked statistically in the top of FCS. We'll see how good they remain in the second half of they year, but there's no doubt they have a very good defense for the Patriot League.

Sader87
October 9th, 2019, 12:10 PM
Fordham's D (I'm assuming most were offensive points--didn't see) gave up 45 points in the 1st H at Yale last week.

Holy Cross' D really is primarily responsible for its 2 wins, they actually scored the winning TD vs UNH and only gave up 7 points (on a short field drive) at Bucknell last week.

They actually played pretty well against Syracuse too.....ultimately overwhelmed, but forced 4 or 5 SU punts in a row and the Orangemen only had 27 points with under a minute left in the 3rd Q.

Consistency on the offensive side has been our bete noire so far this season.

bulldog10jw
October 9th, 2019, 12:19 PM
Fordham's D (I'm assuming most were offensive points--didn't see) gave up 45 points in the 1st H at Yale last week.

Yale had a pick 6 and also a TD after returning a punt to the Fordham 3 yard line.

crusader11
October 9th, 2019, 12:45 PM
Holy Cross' defense has given up an average of 14.3 PPG against FCS opponents (Yale, UNH, Bucknell). This is the best HC defense I've seen since following the program in the early 2000s.

DFW HOYA
October 9th, 2019, 12:53 PM
Holy Cross' defense has given up an average of 14.3 PPG against FCS opponents (Yale, UNH, Bucknell). This is the best HC defense I've seen since following the program in the early 2000s.

This is the time of the year where the message picks up to "Hey, maybe the PL is pretty good after all!"

The first six weeks effectively silenced that argument. The PL stands above the Pioneer and the SWAC, but little else. There's a trend here.

Sader87
October 9th, 2019, 01:36 PM
This is the time of the year where the message picks up to "Hey, maybe the PL is pretty good after all!"

The first six weeks effectively silenced that argument. The PL stands above the Pioneer and the SWAC, but little else. There's a trend here.

I don't disagree with this assessment.....with the caveat being, "this year."

Just about every program is in some form of rebuilding this season, which has led to mostly disastrous results in OOC play. There are many long-term issues with PL football (that we have discussed here ad infinitum) but there have been a few rays of hope this season: HC-UNH, FU-Richmond, GTown ovah both Columbia and Cornell.

Holy Cross is a year (maybe 2) away from actually possibly being a very solid FCS program (i.e. on a par with the top half of the CAA and Ivy). I think they are on the right trajectory but we shall see.

Lehigh Football Nation
October 9th, 2019, 02:40 PM

Splitting hairs a little, but

http://www.college-sports-journal.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/10/fcs-sag-conf-oct5.png

http://www.college-sports-journal.com/college-sports-journal-sagarin-fcs-top-25-oct-5/

PAllen
October 9th, 2019, 03:38 PM
A fair question. The defense that was tested the most was Holy Cross' against UNH and Yale, and they went 1-1 against them. Georgetown wore down against Davidson's rushing attack. Lehigh of course gave up yards and points to Villanova and UC Davis, though those are two very good offensive teams by any measure. Fordham is a real puzzle, too.

Still, Lehigh was routinely giving up 30+ points a game to everyone last year, and now they are ranked statistically in the top of FCS. We'll see how good they remain in the second half of they year, but there's no doubt they have a very good defense for the Patriot League.

Put me in the skeptical camp. Either way, I'll just emphasize two quotes: "... a very good defense for the Patriot League." and "...wore down against Davidson's rushing attack."

PAllen
October 9th, 2019, 03:51 PM
Splitting hairs a little, but

http://www.college-sports-journal.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/10/fcs-sag-conf-oct5.png

http://www.college-sports-journal.com/college-sports-journal-sagarin-fcs-top-25-oct-5/

Kinda hard to put us above the NEC with our head to head.

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 9th, 2019, 07:17 PM
Put me in the skeptical camp. Either way, I'll just emphasize two quotes: "... a very good defense for the Patriot League." and "...wore down against Davidson's rushing attack."

It's definitely been aided by the PL. 'Gate had a great defense last year! Being able to beat up on a bunch of terrible teams inflated its statistics into the historically great territory. Which it wasn't....

Lehigh's defense has improved some but they still got worked pretty good by the two best teams they played. DeMorat and the Rams should provide a solid test.

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 9th, 2019, 07:19 PM

Holy Cross' D really is primarily responsible for its 2 wins, they actually scored the winning TD vs UNH and only gave up 7 points (on a short field drive) at Bucknell last week.

They actually played pretty well against Syracuse too.....ultimately overwhelmed, but forced 4 or 5 SU punts in a row and the Orangemen only had 27 points with under a minute left in the 3rd Q.

It was 24-3 with 10 minutes left in the second quarter. Syracuse basically threw in the towel after that and coasted to a 41-3 win.

Holy Cross has a solid defense. I don't think it's anything ground breaking but it's good. The Harvard game should tell more.

Georgetown has the best "D" in the league imo...

crusader11
October 9th, 2019, 07:58 PM
Did you watch the game?

Syracuse had the starters in and were running their offense into the 4th quarter.

ngineer
October 9th, 2019, 08:01 PM

I would "bete" that is the mantra of most of us this year.

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 9th, 2019, 08:08 PM
Did you watch the game?

Syracuse had the starters in and were running their offense into the 4th quarter.

To some extent. I'm a follower/supporter of 'Cuse athletics (went to the Clemson game). I thought 'Cuse came out amped up, jumped on HC then basically took the foot of the gas and day dreamed to a 41-3 win. Holy Cross's offense was clearly outmatched. It was the Crusaders worst enemy early in that game. Once it was 24-3 it was over.

Syracuse is nowhere near as good as they were last season. DeVito is not the quarterback Dungey was. Dungey was so good at making something out of nothing. He was also fearless for better or worse. With DeVito, Babers is not getting close to the execution/explosiveness out the of the offense he desires.

ngineer
October 9th, 2019, 08:10 PM
Kinda hard to put us above the NEC with our head to head.

True on the head to head, but on overall results this year it's basically even. No question in my mind the NEC has reached if not slightly surpassed the PL in some ways. I think a lot of us, me included, still have the NEC teams of 15 years ago in our heads when blowouts were commonplace. They have been able to recruit very skilled athletes, some with a good number of transfers, and do not have to deal with the AI. They get to drink from a deeper pool, so I don't see that changing anytime soon. I'd like to see that average improve by 10 points in the next two years.

crusader11
October 9th, 2019, 08:28 PM
Georgetown has the best "D" in the league imo...

Call me a homer, but HC has the best defense, based on solely the OOC.

HC isn't giving up 27 points to Davidson.

ngineer
October 9th, 2019, 08:36 PM
Lehigh got some bad news as their bright star of freshman WR Burbage is now out for the year with a torn achilles. Hopefully the surgery and rehab goes real well. He has shown himself to be a real talent. Luckily, we have the bye this week because Bibbens is hurt too and wouldn't have been cleared for this week. Ranks are thin at that position, now. May see a RB or DB with receiver experience make a switch. Fortunately, the OL is beginning to gel. An intact unit for three weeks in a row!! I think our new DL coach is working wonders with what has, in the past few years, been a real weak spot. We knew we had some good experience coming back in the secondary and LB corps, but the DL was the major concern. So far, so good. After the bye week, Lehigh takes on the Jesuit Amigos xsmiley_wixin back to back to back weeks!

Sader87
October 10th, 2019, 02:07 PM
Off-shore lines:

Lafayette +29
HC -6
GTown -11
Colgate -13.5

RichH2
October 10th, 2019, 06:21 PM
Tigers over the Pards
Brown over Crusaders
Gate over Bison. Bison could get the W if Gate comes in as flat.
Hoyas over Rams. What the hell.

SUPharmacist
October 10th, 2019, 07:47 PM
Princeton
Brown
Bucknell
Georgetown

ngineer
October 10th, 2019, 09:36 PM
Tigers over the Pards
Brown over Crusaders
Gate over Bison. Bison could get the W if Gate comes in as flat.
Hoyas over Rams. What the hell.

If 'gate loses to Bison, they might not win a game all year.

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 10th, 2019, 10:17 PM
Bucknell's current 11 game losing streak is a school record. Anyone know what the longest losing streak by a PL school is?

Gangtackle11
October 10th, 2019, 10:50 PM
Princeton
Holy Cross
Colgate
Georgetown

DFW HOYA
October 11th, 2019, 07:46 AM
Bucknell's current 11 game losing streak is a school record. Anyone know what the longest losing streak by a PL school is?

Fordham lost 15 straight from the end of 1993 through the early 1995 season, followed by Davidson losing 13 straight in their foray into the Colonial League.

Honorable mention goes to Georgetown, which had lost 14 of 15 heading into its game with Fordham last season, having not won in the Bronx since 1974.

Georgetown 23, Fordham 11. Since then, 8-3.

GateRaider63
October 11th, 2019, 08:48 AM
Colgate lost 16 in a row starting with the last game of 1994. 0-11 in 1995 then lost the first 4 in 1996 before finishing 6-5.

ngineer
October 11th, 2019, 09:02 AM
Lehigh in the mid-60's had a horrendous wandering in the desert, but not in the PL at that time. Would have to research as to PL tenure.

Doc QB
October 11th, 2019, 09:17 AM
Fordham lost 15 straight from the end of 1993 through the early 1995 season, followed by Davidson losing 13 straight in their foray into the Colonial League..

Was that Fordham record with Moorhead at QB?? are my years incorrect?

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 11th, 2019, 09:31 AM
Colgate lost 16 in a row starting with the last game of 1994. 0-11 in 1995 then lost the first 4 in 1996 before finishing 6-5.

Yikes! That might be the winner! It's AMAZING Biddle took over in 1996 and led the Raiders to a 6-5 record. Then a year later to the PL's first playoff appearance.

aceinthehole
October 11th, 2019, 10:31 AM
In the NEC, Saint Francis lost 29 in a row. They lost the final 2 games in 1997, went winless in 1998 and 1999, and lost the first 7 games of the 2000 season. In 4 seasons from 1997-2003, the Red Flash were 6-66

Saint Francis also lost 14 in a row, starting with the final 2 games in 2007, going winless (0-11) in 2008, and losing the opening game in 2009. In 4 seasons from 2007-2010, the Red Flash were 6-37. Chris Villarrial took over as head coach in 2010 and on 2016 the SFU won the NEC AQ and reached the NCAA playoffs.

If they can do it in Lorretto, it can be done anywhere - it is all about coaching.

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 11th, 2019, 10:51 AM
Princeton 52 Lafayette 27 - The Tiger over Leopard domination is real....
Colgate 24 Bucknell 13 - I just can't see the Raiders being the team the Bison beat to get off the schneid....
Holy Cross 27 Brown 20 - The Crusaders need this one for legitimacy. Perry is a dangerous QB...
Georgetown 26 Fordham 21 - The Hoyas defense is for real. I just can't see the Rams making the needed plays to win of the road...

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 11th, 2019, 11:12 AM
Not sure if it was mentioned but the Lafayette-Princeton game is on ESPNU....

Lehigh Football Nation
October 11th, 2019, 11:20 AM
http://www.college-sports-journal.com/college-sports-journal-patriot-league-previews-and-streaming-links-week-of-10-12-2019/

The upset to watch, IMO, is Brown over Holy Cross.

van
October 11th, 2019, 11:47 AM
Not sure if it was mentioned but the Lafayette-Princeton game is on ESPNU....

yikes, Leopards skinned by tigger on national tv

Leopard Loyalist
October 11th, 2019, 01:12 PM
LAFAYETTE @ Princeton
HOLY CROSS @ Brown
BUCKNELL @ COLGATE
FORDHAM @ GEORGETOWN

A fairly boring set of predictions--the prevailing consensus.

Sader87
October 11th, 2019, 01:15 PM
Brown Stadium has been mostly a house of horrors for the Saders save for the Carter/Duffner years. We always seem to find a way to lose there. Have lost 4 straight there, last W in 2007.

For losing streaks, not so much games but time, HC beat UConn in 1968 and then lost to BC to end '68. Lost to Harvard and Dartmouth to open 1969 and then cancelled the rest of the season due to a hepatitis outbreak. Went 0-10-1 in 1970. Ended the losing tenure by beating John Harvard to open the 1971 season. Almost 3 years between W's.

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 11th, 2019, 07:00 PM
Lafayette hanging tough with Princeton. Tigers honestly don't look all that good...

PU 7-0 10:10 2Q

CHIP72
October 11th, 2019, 07:11 PM
Not really watching Lafayette/Princeton because I’m in the Twin Cities sightseeing, but in the one minute I have watched John Garrett calls a SHOTGUN run on 4th and 2 feet from his own 29 yard line. He’s dumber than a bag of rocks. Who does he think he is, Barry Switzer? (Long-time Philadelphia Eagles fans will get the last reference.)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 11th, 2019, 07:14 PM
Not really watching Lafayette/Princeton because I’m in the Twin Cities sightseeing, but in the one minute I have watched John Garrett calls a SHOTGUN run on 4th and 2 feet from his own 29 yard line. He’s dumber than a bag of rocks. Who does he think he is, Barry Switzer? (Long-time Philadelphia Eagles fans will get the last reference.)

Not an Eagles fan but I know the reference! December 1995 at the Vet! Switzer goes for a 4th and 1 at his own 35 or so. Gets bailed out with a timeout when the first attempt is stopped. Goes for it again and gets stuffed. Eagles kick the FG to win. I'll never ever forget that game! I remember listening to the end on the radio in the car before my own football banquet....

CHIP72
October 11th, 2019, 07:18 PM
Not an Eagles fan but I know the reference! December 1995 at the Vet! Switzer goes for a 4th and 1 at his own 35 or so. Gets bailed out with a timeout when the first attempt is stopped. Goes for it again and gets stuffed. Eagles kick the FG to win. I'll never ever forget that game! I remember listening to the end on the radio in the car before my own football banquet....

The Cowboys were actually at their own 29 yard line, exactly the same as tonight (albeit in a much higher leverage situation; the game was tied 17-17 with 2 minutes to go in the 4th quarter).

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 11th, 2019, 07:26 PM
The Cowboys were actually at their own 29 yard line, exactly the same as tonight (albeit in a much higher leverage situation; the game was tied 17-17 with 2 minutes to go in the 4th quarter).

Belichick did something similar against the Colts in '09 or '10. Kevin Faulk was stopped about a 1/2 yard short. Basically gave the game to the Colts....

Lehigh Football Nation
October 11th, 2019, 09:21 PM
28-3 final in Princeton. Tigers look a little vulnerable but so far have done what's necessary to win. I never felt Lafayette at any time was going to challenge them.

Of course they looked better than Lehigh did against them last year. One of the more painful games I've witnessed.

The Boogie Down
October 11th, 2019, 09:34 PM
Was that Fordham record with Moorhead at QB?? are my years incorrect?
Moorhead took most of those losses but that was really about everyone around him being turrble. His second stint at Rose Hill went off much smoother xthumbsupx

The Boogie Down
October 11th, 2019, 09:43 PM
After 8 pages of skimming the only guy I see not picking Georgetown is actually named "Fordham." Think the rest of yous are in for a surprise xthumbsupx

DFW HOYA
October 12th, 2019, 08:48 AM
In the NEC, Saint Francis lost 29 in a row. They lost the final 2 games in 1997, went winless in 1998 and 1999, and lost the first 7 games of the 2000 season. In 4 seasons from 1997-2003, the Red Flash were 6-66

Saint Francis also lost 14 in a row, starting with the final 2 games in 2007, going winless (0-11) in 2008, and losing the opening game in 2009. In 4 seasons from 2007-2010, the Red Flash were 6-37. Chris Villarrial took over as head coach in 2010 and on 2016 the SFU won the NEC AQ and reached the NCAA playoffs.

If they can do it in Lorretto, it can be done anywhere - it is all about coaching.

Prairie View A&M lost 80 straight playing as a I-AA non-scholarship team in a full scholarship league from 1991 to 1998.

Colgate TD
October 12th, 2019, 09:08 AM
Holy Cross - Bruno is tough this year; time for The Cross to live up to pre-season hoopla.
G'town - going with the Beast of the East
Colgate - finally a W......maybe.

Southsider
October 12th, 2019, 09:48 AM

Haven't you watched LU's first 4 games? Brisson calls the same play at the goal line.....several times. It wasn't until last week he got it right. He must read AGS to get insight!

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 12th, 2019, 11:46 AM
Holy Cross 7 Brown 0 11:49 1Q

UNHWildcat18
October 12th, 2019, 11:50 AM
Go Cross!

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 12th, 2019, 11:52 AM
Bears waste little time responding...

7-7 8:35 1Q

CHIP72
October 12th, 2019, 12:03 PM
Haven't you watched LU's first 4 games? Brisson calls the same play at the goal line.....several times. It wasn't until last week he got it right. He must read AGS to get insight!

Hah! I saw one of them in person during the Merrimack game (I think after the 80 yard pass), and I’m pretty sure I criticized that call on here right after it happened, LOL!

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 12th, 2019, 12:05 PM
HC gets a FG...

10-7 Crusaders 4:09 1Q

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 12th, 2019, 12:12 PM
Another HC FG...

13-7 Holy Cross 0:41 1Q

TheValleyRaider
October 12th, 2019, 12:13 PM
Bison offense opens the game by marching down the field for a score

7-0 Bucknell
11:12 1st

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 12th, 2019, 12:16 PM
TD Bison!

7-0 Bucknell 11:12 1Q

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 12th, 2019, 12:18 PM
3rd and 9 and 'Gate runs the ball. That's quality play calling...

TheValleyRaider
October 12th, 2019, 12:24 PM
Another drive, another score, Colgate looks completely overmatched so far

14-0 Bucknell
6:17 1st

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 12th, 2019, 12:25 PM
TD Bucknell! I think the Raiders have thrown in the towel on 2019....

14-0 Bucknell 6:17 1Q

Bears strike!

14-13 Brown 12:45 2Q

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 12th, 2019, 12:28 PM
Another drive, another score, Colgate looks completely overmatched so far

14-0 Bucknell
6:17 1st

They look like a team that simply doesn't care. That run play on 3rd and 9 was comical. Hunt is an offensive wizard....

TheValleyRaider
October 12th, 2019, 12:34 PM
Raider ball after a Bucknell defender touched the punt. Twyman takes it in a few plays later, Colgate on the board

14-7 Bucknell
2:01 1st

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 12th, 2019, 12:34 PM
Bison muff a punt at the 'Gate 20 and the Raiders make them pay. Breneman made a great play to save the drive...

14-7 Bucknell 2:01 1Q

Crusaders retake the lead in Providence..

20-14 11:50 2Q

TheValleyRaider
October 12th, 2019, 12:41 PM
Defense got a stop, and the Raiders beginning to move as the clock runs out

Bucknell 14
Colgate 7
End 1st

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 12th, 2019, 12:49 PM
Holy Cross's offense is showing some life against a dice Bear "D"...

27-17 6:30 2Q

TheValleyRaider
October 12th, 2019, 12:59 PM
Colgate defense forces 4th down on a Bison drive, 38 yard FG attempt from Pechin is good

17-7 Bucknell
6:17 2nd

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 12th, 2019, 12:59 PM
Bucknell puts together a nice drive, settle for a 38 yard FG....

17-7 Bison 6:17 2Q

DFW HOYA
October 12th, 2019, 01:09 PM
Fordham 0
Georgetown 6
14:21 1st

TheValleyRaider
October 12th, 2019, 01:12 PM
Pechin hits another one after a few big plays get the Bison deep into Colgate territory

20-7 Bucknell
0:23 2nd

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 12th, 2019, 01:12 PM
Love how Cecchini has the Bison attacking the Raiders defense. Hunt better make some half time adjustments....

Lehigh fans need temper their excitement about the LU "D". Colgate's "O" is hapless...

20-7 Bucknell 0:20 2Q

Brown tacks on a FG before half as well...

27-17 HC Half....

TheValleyRaider
October 12th, 2019, 01:19 PM
A few plays from Colgate to get within Hail Mary range, but nothing came of it

Bucknell 20
Colgate 7
Halftime

TheValleyRaider
October 12th, 2019, 01:21 PM
It continues to get worse. Really no clue how the entire team fell apart this year. Bucknell's offense has found wide open spaces in the defense, while the offense can't seem to stop pressure or avoid taking foolish penalties that kill drive.

There is a road for a comeback (starting with Colgate getting the ball to start the half), but adjustments need to be made.

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 12th, 2019, 01:24 PM
It continues to get worse. Really no clue how the entire team fell apart this year. Bucknell's offense has found wide open spaces in the defense, while the offense can't seem to stop pressure or avoid taking foolish penalties that kill drive.

There is a road for a comeback (starting with Colgate getting the ball to start the half), but adjustments need to be made.

Coaching. Hunt is a decent but not great coach. Very little imagination and his teams often get run off the field/play soft. Might have a .500 career record after this year....

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 12th, 2019, 01:32 PM
TD Rams!! Great throwback playcall near the goal line! But the XP is blocked and returned for 2 points! The Ram kicker showed crazy speed in keeping up but his tackling attempt failed....

Hoyas 8-6 0:38 1Q

DFW HOYA
October 12th, 2019, 01:34 PM
Fordham 6
Georgetown 8
End of 1st Qtr.

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 12th, 2019, 01:39 PM
Cross starting to flex. They're definitely in the PL hunt. Harvard should be a real good barometer if they're anything more.....

34-17 12:34 3Q

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 12th, 2019, 01:43 PM
Brown says not so fast!

34-24 HC 8:43 3Q

Sader87
October 12th, 2019, 01:44 PM
Usual HC-BROWN shootout

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 12th, 2019, 01:47 PM
Colgate has done a very wise thing to start the 3rd quarter. Put the ball in Breneman's hands and tell him to make plays. Which he did the entire drive. Ends in a Twyman TD...

20-14 Bucknell 10:32 3Q

TheValleyRaider
October 12th, 2019, 01:47 PM
Good drive to open the half, Twyman finishes it off with a short yardage run score. An excessive celebration penalty will push the kickoff back, though, because of course it will

20-14 Bucknell
10:32 3rd

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 12th, 2019, 01:53 PM
TD Hoyas!

Georgetown 15-6 12:59 2Q

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 12th, 2019, 02:01 PM
Cecchini is calling a great game. Fake punt when Colgate completely retreats into return mode, halfback pass to the QB that draws a blatant PI. Ends in a nice TD pass but they fail on the 2 pt conversion...

Bison 26-14 7:11 3Q

TheValleyRaider
October 12th, 2019, 02:01 PM
Down the field go the Bison, aided by fake punt and foolish PI penalty, and they're back into the endzone. Going for two, the pass is overthrown

26-14 Bucknell
7:11 3rd

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 12th, 2019, 02:16 PM
Fordham retakes the lead in D.C...

Rams 16-15 2:14 2Q

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 12th, 2019, 02:18 PM
Holy Cross likely puts the dagger in the Bear's heart....

HC 41-24 11:49 4Q

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 12th, 2019, 02:22 PM
Brown strikes back! Crusader D has their hands full too....

41-31 10:51 4Q

TheValleyRaider
October 12th, 2019, 02:27 PM
Raiders forced to punt as the clock runs out. Little to follow a good opening drive in the 2nd half

Bucknell 26
Colgate 14
End 3rd

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 12th, 2019, 02:27 PM
Fordham 16 Georgetown 15 Half

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 12th, 2019, 02:31 PM
HC answers!

HC 47-31 9:16 4Q

TheValleyRaider
October 12th, 2019, 02:44 PM
Colgate gets deep into Bucknell territory on a labored drive, but stopped on 4th down

26-14 Bucknell
5:43 4th

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 12th, 2019, 02:45 PM
Colgates 15 play grind it out drive ends with zero points and wastes a ton of time. My goodness.....

Bison 26-14 5:43 4Q

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 12th, 2019, 02:53 PM
TD Rams!

Fordham 23-15 11:30 3Q

crusader11
October 12th, 2019, 03:00 PM
Colgate may go winless.

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 12th, 2019, 03:02 PM
TD by Bison D!! They did get the XP blocked. Bucknell will end their 11 game losing streak against the worst Colgate team I've ever seen. The Raiders have now lost 8 straight; 7 of which by double-digits. Lehigh's win last week means very little imo....

Bucknell 32 Colgate 14 0:44 4Q

TheValleyRaider
October 12th, 2019, 03:02 PM
Bucknell is able to run out most of the clock. Raider drive in the last minute sees Breneman hit and fumble, run back by Page. Extra point is blocked, but sure, another penalty (which the broadcasters talked right over). Second chance is blocked again, this one counts

32-14 Bucknell
0:44 4th

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 12th, 2019, 03:03 PM
TD Hoyas!!

Fordham 23-21 5:51 3Q

TheValleyRaider
October 12th, 2019, 03:04 PM
Best part of the game today, when it ends

Bucknell 32
Colgate 14
Final

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 12th, 2019, 03:08 PM
Best part of the game today, when it ends

Bucknell 32
Colgate 14
Final

Colgate's AD needs call Chris Young and beg him to return to Hamilton. Dan "Rockne" Hunt is more Dan "Faust" Hunt without him....

TheValleyRaider
October 12th, 2019, 03:09 PM
Who is this team? I don't think anyone expected to match last year's performance, but to turn into a team that currently does nothing well? Saying "coaching" is too monocausal. What makes this so different from every Colgate team we've seen since 1995?

A trip to Ithaca is next

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 12th, 2019, 03:32 PM
TD Hoyas! But the 2 pt try is stopped with a nice defensive play by the Rams...

Georgetown 27-23 7:14 4Q

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 12th, 2019, 03:44 PM
Hoyas intercept DeMorat at the Ram 34 with a little under 3 minutes left!

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 12th, 2019, 03:49 PM
Great game in DC!! Rams defense holds, have the ball in Hoya territory with 50 seconds left....

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 12th, 2019, 03:55 PM
Rams score on 4th and 10 with 16 seconds left! wow!!

Fordham 29-27 pending replay confirmation and the XP....

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 12th, 2019, 03:56 PM
TD confirmed, XP good!

Rams 30-27....

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 12th, 2019, 04:02 PM
Fordham 30 Georgetown 27 Final

Crushing loss for the Hoyas but the Rams made some huge plays down the stretch. I think Fordham should be solid favorites over Lehigh. DeMorat is in the lead for PL OPOY imo...

Lehigh'98
October 12th, 2019, 04:02 PM
Great W for Fordham. They hung tough and made the big play at the end. That was entertaining.

ngineer
October 12th, 2019, 04:10 PM
Watched the last 20 minutes. Very exciting game. Teams evenly matched. DeMorat redeemed himself after horrendous throw that got picked several minutes earlier. Nice to see the stadium taking shape in the background.

Also saw the end of the Bucknell game. Wow. Hunt has a major psych case in front of him the rest of the way, and Bison may have gotten a shot of adrenaline for the balance for the next few weeks. Typical Patriot League. And as much as we grouse that our level of play has not kept pace, nationally, I think it's great that the League is so balanced. I played in a high school league that was always balanced of at least 7or 8 of nine teams. Makes for great competition and keeps everyone a bit on edge, not being able to "take a week off".

Looking forward to that bus trip to the Bronx next week!

crusader11
October 12th, 2019, 04:15 PM
DeMorat is in the lead for PL OPOY imo...

Maybe. Holy Cross' Connor Degenhardt has put up some pretty gaudy numbers the past two weeks. I imagine he will win PL OPOW for the second straight week after his performance against Brown.

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 12th, 2019, 04:17 PM
Maybe. Holy Cross' Connor Degenhardt has put up some pretty gaudy numbers the past two weeks. I imagine he will win PL OPOW for the second straight week after his performance against Brown.

It'll be interesting. DeMorat made the plays when it counted against a MUCH better defense and in a far more meaningful game....

Zach Davis's 138 yard 2 TD performance will be in the mix too....

ngineer
October 12th, 2019, 04:22 PM

I watched the game last night and caused my wife to check on me downstairs when she heard me yell,"WTF are you doing!!!" as Garrett went for it on 4th down at that time. That was inexcusable. His team was still "in the game" at that point. No reason to panic. 'pard defense was playing well. Instead he gives Tigger a short field....UNR!! I "almost" felt sorry for the Leopard players....smh.

crusader11
October 12th, 2019, 04:24 PM
I could be wrong, but I think all-league awards are mostly attributed to just performance in league games, so Degenhardt's performance today may not carry much weight.

DeMorat's stat line doesn't exactly look great today, despite a very good final drive. By the way, on that drive, it was very stupid for Fordham to clock the ball on first down from around the 10-yard line. Time was not a factor. They could have used that additional down.

Logan Bitikofer had a better game, stat-wise, than DeMorat.

Fordham
October 12th, 2019, 04:31 PM
Great, gutty win against a nice Gtown team. What a game!

Colgate TD
October 12th, 2019, 04:54 PM
Cornell batter watch out.....the Red Raiders are comin' to town......smh

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 12th, 2019, 04:56 PM
Patsie Rankings after this week?
1. Holy Cross
2. Fordham
3. Georgetown
4. Lehigh?
5. Bucknell?
6. Lafayette
7. Colgate

I think an argument can be made the Bison are ahead of Lehigh. Although, Lehigh might have gotten a better Raider effort last week since they still have a clean slate in conference....

The Boogie Down
October 12th, 2019, 05:23 PM
Fordham 30 Georgetown 27 Final

Crushing loss for the Hoyas but the Rams made some huge plays down the stretch. I think Fordham should be solid favorites over Lehigh. DeMorat is in the lead for PL OPOY imo...

Happy belated birthday and, as always, thanks for the updates. It's too early & I'm too ecstatic to think about Lehigh right now. Way too early to think about OPOY too. But, tbh, I'm not sure DeMorat even gets OPOW. I mean, as happy as I am (I did think the Rams would win beforehand just not w/a minute to go), he seemed off for like 59 minutes.

I've seen every DeMorat game and rarely have I seen him miss easy targets like today. Granted Georgetown is very athletic and plays smart. They look pretty small out there but they're quick to the ball from every defensive position and seem to read everything well. Still, there were times when DeMorat was missing wide open dump offs. Even on that final drive he missed a completely open Davis on a short 5 yarder. This was just before making up for EVERYTHING by finding Kokosioulis in the corner of the end zone. Incredible ending! Incredible pass! Incredible nerves! But before that,,,, ehhh, lots of unforced errors too.

Sader87
October 12th, 2019, 07:30 PM
I don't think there's another D1 league in the country where you can basically say it wouldn't be shocking if Team A beat Team B for all 7 PL teams every week.

Does that make sense? :)

Short version: anyone can beat anyone.

ngineer
October 12th, 2019, 11:08 PM
Happy belated birthday and, as always, thanks for the updates. It's too early & I'm too ecstatic to think about Lehigh right now. Way too early to think about OPOY too. But, tbh, I'm not sure DeMorat even gets OPOW. I mean, as happy as I am (I did think the Rams would win beforehand just not w/a minute to go), he seemed off for like 59 minutes.

I've seen every DeMorat game and rarely have I seen him miss easy targets like today. Granted Georgetown is very athletic and plays smart. They look pretty small out there but they're quick to the ball from every defensive position and seem to read everything well. Still, there were times when DeMorat was missing wide open dump offs. Even on that final drive he missed a completely open Davis on a short 5 yarder. This was just before making up for EVERYTHING by finding Kokosioulis in the corner of the end zone. Incredible ending! Incredible pass! Incredible nerves! But before that,,,, ehhh, lots of unforced errors too.

Agreed. Up until the final drive, I was not impressed. He's a physical specimen, but certain was "off his sauce"....I hope he doesn't find it next week!xsmiley_wix

ngineer
October 12th, 2019, 11:10 PM
I don't think there's another D1 league in the country where you can basically say it wouldn't be shocking if Team A beat Team B for all 7 PL teams every week.

Does that make sense? :)

Short version: anyone can beat anyone.

absolutely...see my post at #135. Makes for exciting football. I don't care if high school, DIII or FBS...evenly matched schools makes for an exciting game, and isn't that what it's all about?

RichH2
October 13th, 2019, 09:39 AM
absolutely...see my post at #135. Makes for exciting football. I don't care if high school, DIII or FBS...evenly matched schools makes for an exciting game, and isn't that what it's all about?

It is no longer Gate, Lehigh and the other guys. Gonna be a very interesting PL season. Agree ngineer, it is a goal for the PL. The key for us is to elevate as a league to be competitive with our OOC rivals.
For Lehigh, I see a series of close games. It will be frustrating with close Ls and fun with nail biting Ws.
Seems likely I will have to keep my cardiologists on speed dial. xnodx xthumbsupx

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 14th, 2019, 07:33 PM

Degenhardt got OPOW

I have to think 1st team QB is a 2 horse race at this point between Degenhardt an DeMorat. Shoemaker won't get the wins and Johnson's numbers likely won't be good enough to challenge for 2nd team.

https://patriotleague.org/news/2019/10/14/patriot-league-football-players-of-the-week-announced-10-14-19.aspx