PDA

View Full Version : NFF: Vote Leh/Laf or Harvard/Yale

Lehigh Football Nation
May 8th, 2007, 03:15 PM
Time to get this survey pointed in the right direction. Please vote for the truly BEST Rivalries, preferably Lehigh/Lafayette:

http://www.footballfoundation.com/index.php

Please don't let that pansy rivalry, ND/USC, win. :)

RichH2
May 8th, 2007, 03:19 PM
Vote early and vote often

dbackjon
May 8th, 2007, 03:20 PM
Your up to 13. Voted for ya! :D

carney2
May 8th, 2007, 03:22 PM
Please don't let that pansy rivalry, ND/USC, win.

That's not a rivalry. It's a marketing vehicle.

Ivytalk
May 8th, 2007, 03:37 PM
I voted for H-Y.xthumbsupx

But I'll have to access another computer to vote again!

Notre Dame-USC? Sheesh!xsmhx

ucdtim17
May 8th, 2007, 05:44 PM
ND-SC is leading because it is the premiere rivalry in college football. There's not even anything else to compare it to as an intersectional rivalry (esp. with two of the elite programs in CFB, if not THE two premiere programs)

Minn-Wisc ??? That's a rivalry? How is that on there and not Cal-Stanford?

May 8th, 2007, 09:07 PM
somehow Laf/Leh are now in second place!

ngineer
May 8th, 2007, 09:52 PM
Vote early and vote often

I tried but it wouldn't let me...Must not be based in Chicago...:D

Mr. C
May 8th, 2007, 09:55 PM
ND-SC is leading because it is the premiere rivalry in college football. There's not even anything else to compare it to as an intersectional rivalry (esp. with two of the elite programs in CFB, if not THE two premiere programs)

Minn-Wisc ??? That's a rivalry? How is that on there and not Cal-Stanford?
USC-Notre Dame isn't even USC's biggest rivalry. UCLA is. I can think of tons of rivalry games I'd rather watch than USC-Notre Dame.

Mr. C
May 8th, 2007, 09:57 PM
I'd put Montana-Montana State's Brawl of the Wild on there. In terms of competitiveness, you can't get better than Appalachian State-Furman or Delaware-Villanova.

WUTNDITWAA
May 8th, 2007, 10:05 PM
I may take a beating for this, but I have to go with Army/Navy. xreadx

Mr. C
May 8th, 2007, 10:08 PM
Nothing wrong with Army-Navy as a rivalry. I gave my vote for Lehigh-Lafayette, because I wanted to see an FCS team finish as strongly as possible.

GeeWiz
May 8th, 2007, 10:18 PM
I'm sorry but a non-league game can NEVER be a bigger rivalry than a conference game. So USC-ND argument is ridiculous! xnonox

Yale-Harvard is meaningful since the Ivies cannot participate in FCS playoffs and it has often determined the Ivy Champion. But it hurts in that it's not televised nationally IMO (it is regionally in the NE). Army-Navy is at least for all to see.

To me it's Michigan-Ohio State. One of those two are ALWAYS in the Big-10 title hunt, have NFL caliber players of both sides, the fans really dislike each other and have great bands.

WUTNDITWAA
May 8th, 2007, 10:19 PM
Very understandable.

WUTNDITWAA
May 8th, 2007, 10:21 PM
I'm sorry but a non-league game can NEVER be a bigger rivalry than a conference game. So USC-ND argument is ridiculous! xnonox

Yale-Harvard is meaningful since the Ivies cannot participate in FCS playoffs and it has often determined the Ivy Champion. But it hurts in that it's not televised nationally IMO (it is regionally in the NE). Army-Navy is at least for all to see.

To me it's Michigan-Ohio State. One of those two are ALWAYS in the Big-10 title hunt, have NFL caliber players of both sides, the fans really dislike each other and have great bands.

WGN out of Chicago picks up the Harvard/Yale game each year. I've watched it each of the last two years, here in ol' Dixie.

ucdtim17
May 8th, 2007, 10:25 PM
USC-Notre Dame isn't even USC's biggest rivalry. UCLA is. I can think of tons of rivalry games I'd rather watch than USC-Notre Dame.

That's ridiculous - go ask the SC fans and see what they say. They'll tell you ND is their peer and UCLA is their annoying little brother.

ucdtim17
May 8th, 2007, 10:32 PM
Here's a nice little rundown for those who don't understand the ND-SC rivalry:

http://www.ndnation.com/blog/2006/07/notre-dames-greatest-rival.html

GeeWiz
May 8th, 2007, 10:33 PM
WGN out of Chicago picks up the Harvard/Yale game each year. I've watched it each of the last two years, here in ol' Dixie.

Yeah well that's the Tribune Co. that picks the game.

Put Yale-Harvard on NBC. If they can put Grambling-Southern on NBC certainly they could put on Yale-Harvard correct?

WUTNDITWAA
May 8th, 2007, 10:34 PM
I'm a little surprised it's not on ESPN2 or the like.

Mr. C
May 8th, 2007, 10:37 PM
That's ridiculous - go ask the SC fans and see what they say. They'll tell you ND is their peer and UCLA is their annoying little brother.
Call it ridiculous if you want, Having lived and worked in the L.A. area, I have seen how USC and UCLA fans feel about each other. The USC-UCLA usually has better games, too. USC was fuming pretty good when that "Annoying little brother" knocked it out of the BCS championship game this year.

Mr. C
May 8th, 2007, 10:41 PM

Just because someone from Notre Dame says its so, doesn't make it so. I grew up in California, watching USC and UCLA meet with the Rose Bowl on the line. USC may be Notre Dame's biggest rival, but the reverse just isn't true.

GeeWiz
May 8th, 2007, 10:42 PM

If both teams have more than one loss and no shot of a National Title then this game is not compelling to me at all - other than some big games in the past ... Sorry.

Michigan-Notre Dame is more compelling IMO because they play early and always have title hopes right out of the gate - so the game takes on big meaning. ND-SC meet late and ND is usually out of it by then.

And let's not kid ourselves, before Pete Carroll, USC was nothing special to sh&t on UCLA. UCLA won their share of games vs. SC when Terry Donahue was coach.

Maroon&White
May 8th, 2007, 10:47 PM
I would have voted Amherst/Williams, but since the poll was only for D1 I voted Army/Navy.

dbackjon
May 8th, 2007, 10:48 PM
Another Lehigh-Lafayette vote from me, this time from home computer!

May 8th, 2007, 10:57 PM
either choose the most played rivalry of all-time "Lafayette v. Lehigh" or the rivalry between two teams that helped make all collegiate sports popular "Harvard v. Yale".

Hint. Vote, clear your browser cache, close your browser, open your browser vote again......... repeat at least 10 times.

Mr. C
May 8th, 2007, 11:12 PM
If both teams have more than one loss and no shot of a National Title then this game is not compelling to me at all - other than some big games in the past ... Sorry.

Michigan-Notre Dame is more compelling IMO because they play early and always have title hopes right out of the gate - so the game takes on big meaning. ND-SC meet late and ND is usually out of it by then.

And let's not kid ourselves, before Pete Carroll, USC was nothing special to sh&t on UCLA. UCLA won their share of games vs. SC when Terry Donahue was coach.
And Dick Vermeil before that.

Mr. C
May 8th, 2007, 11:25 PM
either choose the most played rivalry of all-time "Lafayette v. Lehigh" or the rivalry between two teams that helped make all collegiate sports popular "Harvard v. Yale".

Hint. Vote, clear your browser cache, close your browser, open your browser vote again......... repeat at least 10 times.
Doing my part to stuff the ballot box for Lehigh-Lafayette. Up to 61 votes, but still trailing USC-Notre Dame by 44 votes. Come on, folks! Let's all get out the vote.

GeeWiz
May 8th, 2007, 11:38 PM
I have a friend who went to Lehigh and he used to try to get me to see the passion of the rivalry with Lafayette. Other than the fact it's the most played. I thought he was nuts.

But I just didn't see it quite like Harvard-Yale or Army-Navy.

If anyone else wants to add their two cents as to why they think this rivalry is so great, I'd love to read it.

May 8th, 2007, 11:45 PM
... If anyone else wants to add their two cents as to why they think this rivalry is so great, I'd love to read it.It is known as THE RIVALRY

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Rivalry_(college_football)
http://www.google.com/search?q=lafayette+lehigh+rivalry

Mr. C
May 8th, 2007, 11:46 PM
I've been watching Lehigh-Lafayette for the past several years on TV and you can see a lot of passion in the crowds and also on the field. These teams really play hard against each other, which is one of the keys to a great rivalry. The past few years, since Frank Tavani has come in as Lafayette's head coach and reestablished the Leopards' program, the rivalry has jumped back up in intensity to what I understand it was like in the past. And then add the fact that it seems like this is the game that decides the Patriot League and has a lot of bearing on the playoffs and you have a major-league rivalry. It doesn't hurt that it's the granddaddy of all rivalries either.

Mr. C
May 8th, 2007, 11:47 PM
There you go quoting Wikipedia again, Ralph. Travis is going to be all over you about that.

May 9th, 2007, 12:05 AM
There you go quoting Wikipedia again, Ralph. Travis is going to be all over you about that.Hey, that page had a I-AA.org article as reference! That's top notch!!! xnodx

ucdtim17
May 9th, 2007, 03:07 AM
ND-SC, as the column said, has had more Heisman winners and more national champions than any other rivalry. Not to mention 5 of the 10 most-watched watched college football games of all-time. Harvard-Yale and Lehigh-Lafayette are great, but there's something to be said for 80-90,000 people in the stadium and everyone in the country watching on tv (As Pete Caroll said, "the epitome of college sport"). I'm sorry, it's just better.

And despite your experience in LA, I dare you to go ask the fans at wearesc.com who their main rival is. You and I both know the overwhelming majority will say ND. Why is ND-SC on every "Best Rivalry" list and SC-UCLA is never mentioned?

ucdtim17
May 9th, 2007, 03:13 AM
As one of the SC fans commented on the article:

"As a Trojan alum, I've always tried to describe what makes the SC-ND rivalry so special and the UCLA rivalry so inferior by comparison. You summed it up best by saying it is an "unrequired rivalry."

WUTNDITWAA
May 9th, 2007, 06:43 AM
There you go quoting Wikipedia again, Ralph. Travis is going to be all over you about that.

I think Wikipedia is okay to quote on a message board (never in anything formal) as long as you include the disclaimer, "This is from Wikipedia, so take it for what it's worth."

Ivytalk
May 9th, 2007, 09:18 AM
I guess I've cast 3 of the 24 votes for Harvard-Yale. That's one-eighth of the ballots. Not quite South-Side Chicago, but not bad!;)

dbackjon
May 9th, 2007, 09:20 AM
Another vote from home for the PL schools - only 4 behind!

Lehigh Football Nation
May 9th, 2007, 09:21 AM
Thanks, people! 106 vs. 102 - Lehigh/Lafayette is creeping up fast!!!!

Ivytalk
May 9th, 2007, 09:24 AM
Thanks, people! 106 vs. 102 - Lehigh/Lafayette is creeping up fast!!!!

If L-L pulls the upset, I hope it gets some press somewhere.

Pard4Life
May 9th, 2007, 10:00 AM
I just voted and L-L is behind by one!

Maroon&White
May 9th, 2007, 10:06 AM
If L-L pulls the upset, I hope it gets some press somewhere.

Are you kidding? It's a meaningless poll on the side of some website that has a whole forum trying to stuff the ballot. Big deal if Lehigh/Lafayette "wins" the poll.

Lehigh Football Nation
May 9th, 2007, 10:08 AM
Are you kidding? It's a meaningless poll on the side of some website that has a whole forum trying to stuff the ballot. Big deal if Lehigh/Lafayette "wins" the poll.

Hell, *I'll* make the press for this!!! :D

Mr. C
May 9th, 2007, 10:13 AM
party pooper. :p

andy7171
May 9th, 2007, 10:18 AM
OK I voted for Lehgih-Laffyette

Although if I voted honestly I would have gone with Army Navy.

OhioHen
May 9th, 2007, 10:25 AM
somehow Laf/Leh are now in second place!

It's in first place as of my vote! xbeerchugx

LeopardFan04
May 9th, 2007, 10:34 AM
I just voted again...Army/Navy by 9...

bulldog10jw
May 9th, 2007, 10:38 AM
I guess I've cast 3 of the 24 votes for Harvard-Yale. That's one-eighth of the ballots. Not quite South-Side Chicago, but not bad!;)

Two for Y-H for me. I'll do at least 3 more on other computers.

Engineer91
May 9th, 2007, 10:54 AM
Put us back up by 1

May 9th, 2007, 11:01 AM
dang it, my browser got stuck and I voted about 20 times straight... darn it

dbackjon
May 9th, 2007, 11:14 AM
Another Lehigh-Lafayette vote!

BTW - the college football HOF announcement is today - so this could get some press.

May 9th, 2007, 11:21 AM
dang it, it happened again!

Lafayette - Lehigh 173 votes
Army-Navy 121 votes
Notre Dame-USC 106 votes
Michigan-Ohio State 53 votes
Florida State-Miami 39 votes
Harvard - Yale 26 votes
Alabama-Auburn 12 votes
Oklahoma-Texas 11 votes
Florida - Georgia 8 votes
Minnesota - Wisconsin 3 votes

I'll try to go fix it in a few minutes... no guarantees

Mr. C
May 9th, 2007, 11:25 AM
Glad to see the Trojans and Fighting Irish fade. Got to think the NFF didn't expect this result. Anyone know when the poll ends?

Maroon&White
May 9th, 2007, 01:43 PM
I can't believe people are actually acting like this poll matters. xlolx

carney2
May 9th, 2007, 01:44 PM
It's a great list though, isn't it? To me everything except Florida State-Miami and Minnesota-Wisconsin is legit.

dbackjon
May 9th, 2007, 01:44 PM
I can't believe people are actually acting like this poll matters. xlolx

Nothing really matters.

So what is your point?

Obviously, it matters enough to you to point out that it doesn't matter to you. xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

Maroon&White
May 9th, 2007, 01:49 PM
Obviously, it matters enough to you to point out that it doesn't matter to you. xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

No...I just find it hilarious people like ralph acting like this is some meaningful and important poll. Let's vote time after time to make Lafayette/Lehigh the "best rivalry', maybe this will get some pressxthumbsupx xrotatehx

Just counted 605 votes...whats that, maybe 20 people xlolx xlolx xlolx

May 9th, 2007, 02:09 PM
No...I just find it hilarious people like ralph acting...untwist the panties and relax son. Just having some fun.

BTW, seems like you have never heard of the NFF but they are a big-time org in college football.

Sorry if trying to make the most-played and longest continuous rivalry the top choice disturbs you so much.

May 9th, 2007, 02:17 PM
current poll standings

vote here:
http://www.footballfoundation.com/index.php

What is the best rivalry in college football?

Lafayette - Lehigh 213 votes
Army-Navy 124 votes
Notre Dame-USC 107 votes
Michigan-Ohio State 62 votes
Florida State-Miami 40 votes
Harvard - Yale 27 votes
Oklahoma-Texas 13 votes
Alabama-Auburn 12 votes

Ivytalk
May 9th, 2007, 02:31 PM
Good to see Army-Navy in second! Beats having ND-USC, IMHO.

Lehigh Football Nation
May 9th, 2007, 02:39 PM
Good to see Army-Navy in second! Beats having ND-USC, IMHO.

Yeah - not bad for two institutions that are Patriot League associate members in all sports except football. :D

May 9th, 2007, 02:47 PM
current:

Lafayette - Lehigh 218 votes
Army-Navy 124 votes
Notre Dame-USC 108 votes
Harvard - Yale 65 votes
Michigan-Ohio State 63 votes
Oklahoma-Texas 14 votes
Alabama-Auburn 12 votes

Ivytalk
May 9th, 2007, 03:19 PM
current:

Lafayette - Lehigh 218 votes
Army-Navy 124 votes
Notre Dame-USC 108 votes
Harvard - Yale 65 votes
Michigan-Ohio State 63 votes
Oklahoma-Texas 14 votes
Alabama-Auburn 12 votes

Wow! A late charge by H-Y supporters! More than double the total of ralph's last post and past Michigan-OSU!!xnodx

Mr. C
May 9th, 2007, 03:38 PM
Funny how USC-Notre Dame has like two votes since last night.

May 9th, 2007, 03:48 PM
Wow! A late charge by H-Y supporters! More than double the total of ralph's last post and past Michigan-OSU!!xnodxMich-Ohio St is a good conference game but Harv-Yale is THE GAME

kardplayer
May 9th, 2007, 03:49 PM
I have a friend who went to Lehigh and he used to try to get me to see the passion of the rivalry with Lafayette. Other than the fact it's the most played. I thought he was nuts.

If anyone else wants to add their two cents as to why they think this rivalry is so great, I'd love to read it.

There's lots of reasons I could list, but the fact that a Lafayette fan is cheering a torn ACL/MCL of a Lehigh softball player shows the kind of passion (however sick it might be) there is between the two schools.

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23612

dbackjon
May 9th, 2007, 04:34 PM
Had to through Harvard-Yale a vote - maybe they can surpass the Spoiled Children.

May 9th, 2007, 04:48 PM
AGS 4K strong flexing their muscles again!!!!!!!!!!

current:

Lafayette - Lehigh 241 votes
Harvard - Yale 131 votes
Army-Navy 126 votes
Notre Dame-USC 108 votes
Michigan-Ohio State 66 votes
Oklahoma-Texas 15 votes
Alabama-Auburn 12 votes

ngineer
May 9th, 2007, 04:55 PM
Great response for both the L-L and H-Y games. Thanks for the support to all our AGS Brothers and Sisters!xthumbsupx

kardplayer
May 9th, 2007, 08:27 PM
The Notre Dame/USC voters have come alive - the L/L lead is down to about 20 votes

dbackjon
May 9th, 2007, 08:31 PM
Down to 15 now. I just voted again.

ngineer
May 9th, 2007, 10:44 PM
L-L still leading by about 20...How long does the polling last??

May 10th, 2007, 12:39 AM
How long does the polling last??Probably until an FBS team is back in first place. xrolleyesx

Pards Rule
May 10th, 2007, 06:31 AM
L-L in the lead!! Go PARDS!

Fordham
May 10th, 2007, 08:18 AM
Got my two votes in.

Go Pardineers!

Ivytalk
May 10th, 2007, 08:40 AM
L-L now up by 77 votes and H-Y has lapped Army-Navy to move into 3rd!!xhurrayx xhurrayx xhypedx xhypedx

dbackjon
May 10th, 2007, 08:56 AM
Another LL vote - up by 79

Pards Rule
May 10th, 2007, 08:57 AM
L-L still leading by about 20...How long does the polling last??

Well if we want George Bush to win, we will close it down early or if we want Gore to win we can recount! :)

blukeys
May 10th, 2007, 10:05 AM
I threw my vote to L-L.

Will probably hear tons of crowing from my local Lehigh friends once word gets out about How well they did on the poll. xrolleyesx

Pard4Life
May 10th, 2007, 10:06 AM
Got my two votes in.

Go Pardineers!

Warning: Don't ever say that!! xmadx xmadx

:D

LegacyDuke08
May 10th, 2007, 10:08 AM
In that wikapedia article it says that in 2003 Sports Illustrated did a poll of best college rivalries (not just football) and the order was
1. Alabama-Auburn
2. Duke-UNC
3. UCLA-USC
4. Army-Navy
5. Cal-Stanford
6. Havard-Yale

It says that ESPNU rated the Lehigh-Lafayette one #8 overall.

ngineer
May 10th, 2007, 12:24 PM
L-L now up by 104 votes at 1:23 EDST...Keep on truckin'''

ngineer
May 10th, 2007, 12:38 PM

You can. There's a great book with tons of photos and factoids and tales of the Rivalry from the beginning through1995 (there may have been a supplement published a couple years ago). Authors are Todd Davidson & Bob Donchez and entitled: Legends of Lehigh Lafayette..College Football's Most-Played Rivalry
It may be out of print, but you can call 1-800-385-5684 (which translates into 1-800-FULL MUG), to check it out.xreadx

Mr. C
May 10th, 2007, 01:43 PM
Warning: Don't ever say that!! xmadx xmadx

:D
I thought Pardineers was pretty funny myself. Almost as good as when Otto Fad coined the term that combined Lehigh's old and new nicknames. Wasn't it something like Engineering Mountain Hawks, or something like that?

Mr. C
May 10th, 2007, 09:06 PM
Lafayette-Lehigh is still leading the way over USC-Notre Dame 382-255, with Harvard-Yale still beating Army-Navy 183-134.

Mr. C
May 10th, 2007, 09:06 PM
Let's keep the votes coming and let Harvard-Yale pull past USC-Notre Dame.

dbackjon
May 10th, 2007, 09:29 PM
I almost felt sorry for MN-WI - still only three votes. But nah, still voted for the Engipards

ucdtim17
May 10th, 2007, 10:14 PM
Congrats guys, you managed to stuff the ballot box of a meaningless internet poll

ngineer
May 10th, 2007, 10:16 PM
Congrats guys, you managed to stuff the ballot box of a meaningless internet poll

Yeah, this is almost as fun as kicking field goals with folded paper!:D

dbackjon
May 11th, 2007, 12:02 AM

xthumbsupx

Mr. C
May 11th, 2007, 12:09 AM
Still another party pooper.:p

May 11th, 2007, 12:13 AM
Still another party pooper.:pWell what do you expect? No respect for their elders.

Pards Rule
May 11th, 2007, 06:25 AM

I honed my accuracy on that quite well in study hall!

dbackjon
May 11th, 2007, 11:21 AM
L-L up 404-256.

AGS rejoices ;)

Ivytalk
May 11th, 2007, 05:07 PM
I just voted for H-Y for about the tenth time. Do I get the Richard J. Daley Award for this year?:D

travelinman67
May 11th, 2007, 05:32 PM

...yeah? Would you be saying the same if UCD-Stanford were on the list?

...or nursing carpal-tunnel? xlolx

In all fairness, Stanford-Cal should have been a choice.

dbackjon
May 11th, 2007, 05:36 PM
...yeah? Would you be saying the same if UCD-Stanford were on the list?

...or nursing carpal-tunnel? xlolx

In all fairness, Stanford-Cal should have been a choice.

nah - he is a bitter ND fan.

carney2
May 11th, 2007, 06:15 PM
I just voted for H-Y for about the tenth time. Do I get the Richard J. Daley Award for this year?:D

Only if you voted as a deceased.

Ivytalk
May 11th, 2007, 08:33 PM
HARVARD-YALE ROCKETS INTO 2ND PLACE!!!xbowx xbowx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx

ngineer
May 12th, 2007, 10:09 AM
Well what do you expect? No respect for their elders.

Sublime point there, Ralph. Not me , personally, thought I'm almost 55;) ; but the fact that L-L and H-Y DO have such an old hallowed tradition I think the response reflects that. WE recognize tradition and true rivalry--not something cooked up by the media...xnodx

Mr. C
May 12th, 2007, 11:08 AM
No, you've got to do a lot better than that to keep up with the rest of the ballot-box stuffers, Ivytalk.
:) xrotatehx xlolx :D xrolleyesx xcoolx :p ;) xeekx

Mr. C
May 12th, 2007, 11:12 AM
Sublime point there, Ralph. Not me , personally, thought I'm almost 55;) ; but the fact that L-L and H-Y DO have such an old hallowed tradition I think the response reflects that. WE recognize tradition and true rivalry--not something cooked up by the media...xnodx
And the AGS congregation says "Amen."

Mr. C
May 12th, 2007, 11:18 AM
The fans of traditional football have thus spoken: The Hallowed Lafayette-Lehigh rivalry now leads with 446 votes, with Harvard-Yale second at 284. That overblown USC-Notre Dame so-called rivalry is a distant third at 256.

ngineer
May 13th, 2007, 12:03 PM
Harvard-Yale has cracked 300 and Lehigh-Lafayette leading with 471...Film at 11....xcoolx

ngineer
May 13th, 2007, 07:08 PM
476-304, L-L ahead of H-Y at 8:10 p.m EDST....Maybe we can get a 'streamer' going along the bottom of our screen to keep us 'current'....;)

Saint3333
May 13th, 2007, 07:55 PM
In that wikapedia article it says that in 2003 Sports Illustrated did a poll of best college rivalries (not just football) and the order was
1. Alabama-Auburn
2. Duke-UNC
3. UCLA-USC
4. Army-Navy
5. Cal-Stanford
6. Havard-Yale

It says that ESPNU rated the Lehigh-Lafayette one #8 overall.

That poll probably had thousands of votes instead of the hundreds this one has received.

If Harvard - Yale and Lehigh - Lafayette can still be mentioned in the same poll as OSU - Michigan, Alabama - Auburn, and USC - UCLA that says a lot about their rivalry in today's media love fest with these programs. Unfortunately for these games, $$$ talks in today's football world, and they will continue to slide behind more and more of these Big Ten, SEC, Big 12 rivalries.

dbackjon
May 14th, 2007, 02:16 PM
Current:

Lafayette - Lehigh 495 votes
Harvard - Yale 310 votes
Notre Dame-USC 259 votes
Army-Navy 143 votes
Michigan-Ohio State 86 votes

RichH2
May 17th, 2007, 12:58 PM
Just a reminder to keep voting

Ivytalk
May 17th, 2007, 01:08 PM
Just cast vote 326 for H-Y, about 60 ahead of NotreDame-USC but sucking the tail fumes of L-L.

Pards Rule
May 19th, 2007, 08:37 AM
When does this election end?

dbackjon
May 19th, 2007, 02:58 PM
When does this election end?

When ND-USC wins...

grizband
May 19th, 2007, 10:21 PM
Current poll results:

Lafayette-Lehigh 556
Harvard-Yale 340
Notre Dame-USC 268
Army-Navy 204
Michigan-Ohio State 108

While I would like to say Cat/Griz is the largest rivalry, I think the Lehigh-Lafayette or Harvard-Yale are more recognizable on a national scale.

BobbyMo
May 19th, 2007, 10:52 PM
I did my part for PA pride :)

RichH2
May 24th, 2007, 10:44 AM
602 but remember to vote poll not over yet

ngineer
May 24th, 2007, 08:45 PM
Lehigh-Lafayette has now stretched its lead to 280 votes., and Army-Navy has supplanted Notre Dame-USC for third place, so in a sense, with Army & Navy being Patriot League members in all sports, except football, the 'small schools' have taken over the lead, and rightfully so.

Go Poly
May 24th, 2007, 10:16 PM
How can anyone vote for anything but the oldest continuous rivalry?

The best is Lehigh-Lafayette!

Ivytalk
May 25th, 2007, 10:01 AM
Lehigh-Lafayette has now stretched its lead to 280 votes., and Army-Navy has supplanted Notre Dame-USC for third place, so in a sense, with Army & Navy being Patriot League members in all sports, except football, the 'small schools' have taken over the lead, and rightfully so.

Make that 279 votes!:D ;)

UncleSam
May 25th, 2007, 12:26 PM
In the FCS it's Lehigh/Lafayette, but overall the best is - Army/Navy.

ngineer
May 26th, 2007, 09:09 PM
Army/Navy is certainly in the ballpark of those rivalries where emotions run high. I've been to that classic, and it certainly draws a bigger crowd, but I didn't sense any higher level of emotion.

Go...gate
May 27th, 2007, 04:51 PM
Did my thing for the 'Pards and the Engineers.

ngineer
May 27th, 2007, 07:22 PM
Did my thing for the 'Pards and the Engineers.

You can keep 'doing it', too...;) :D

ngineer
May 29th, 2007, 09:01 PM
Cook County is reporting that Lehigh/Lafayette has opened up a 290 vote lead...film at 11....;)

ngineer
May 30th, 2007, 11:02 PM
Army/Navy pulling within 80 of Harvard/Yale....

Pards Rule
May 31st, 2007, 12:12 PM
Cook County is reporting that Lehigh/Lafayette has opened up a 290 vote lead...film at 11....;)

I have a call into my little brother (Jeb) to stop the counting now!!

Ivytalk
May 31st, 2007, 01:14 PM
Army/Navy pulling within 80 of Harvard/Yale....

Thanks for the wakeup call!xdohx

Harvard-Yale back up by 101 over A-N.

ngineer
June 2nd, 2007, 08:45 AM
I thought this poll would end with the month of May, but it's still up and running...Lehigh/Lafayette leading Harvard/Yale by 293, and H/Y leading Army/Navy by about a hundred....xcoffeex

Ivytalk
June 2nd, 2007, 11:26 AM
I thought this poll would end with the month of May, but it's still up and running...Lehigh/Lafayette leading Harvard/Yale by 293, and H/Y leading Army/Navy by about a hundred....xcoffeex

Which will die first: this poll, or the political caucus rooms in the Lounge?

65 Pard
June 3rd, 2007, 10:11 AM
Which will die first: this poll, or the political caucus rooms in the Lounge?

I wonder if they are keeping it open, hoping for a result that looks more like the order which they used in posting the choices...

ngineer
June 4th, 2007, 08:48 PM
I wonder if they are keeping it open, hoping for a result that looks more like the order which they used in posting the choices...

We'll just have to persevere and keep on votin'...:D

Ivytalk
June 4th, 2007, 08:54 PM
We'll just have to persevere and keep on votin'...:D

Thanks for the wakeup call, ng! Harvard-Yale up 117 over A-N, while trailing L-L by 300+.

Tod
June 4th, 2007, 10:29 PM
Lafayette - Lehigh
720 votes

Harvard - Yale
418 votes

Army-Navy
301 votes

Notre Dame-USC
278 votes

Michigan-Ohio State
124 votes

Florida State-Miami
52 votes

Oklahoma-Texas
41 votes

Alabama-Auburn
27 votes

Florida - Georgia
26 votes

Minnesota - Wisconsin
16 votes

ngineer
June 6th, 2007, 12:55 PM
L/L stetches lead to 316 votes. H/Y leading A/N by 116..BCS eating dust...

Ivytalk
June 6th, 2007, 01:37 PM
L/L stetches lead to 316 votes. H/Y leading A/N by 116..BCS eating dust...

Isn't there a "mercy rule" on this poll?xconfusedx xconfusedx :p

ngineer
June 6th, 2007, 11:01 PM
Isn't there a "mercy rule" on this poll?xconfusedx xconfusedx :p

Run it up, baby!;)

ngineer
June 7th, 2007, 08:29 AM
Jus' keepin' da thread up so the link is easy to find...:D xsmiley_wix

Ivytalk
June 7th, 2007, 09:19 AM
L/L now 320 ahead of H/Y, which is 119 ahead of A/N.

"No mas! No mas!"

dbackjon
June 7th, 2007, 10:05 AM
I've been working on getting Minn/Wisc out of last place - just because :D

ngineer
June 7th, 2007, 11:56 AM
I've been working on getting Minn/Wisc out of last place - just because :D

So you 'go-fer badgering' people???xsmiley_wix :D

Ivytalk
June 7th, 2007, 12:34 PM
So you 'go-fer badgering' people???xsmiley_wix :D

OH NO!! A "double-pun-tendre"!!:p xeekx

ngineer
June 7th, 2007, 01:00 PM
OH NO!! A "double-pun-tendre"!!:p xeekx

..and my wife has to live with it...;)

ngineer
June 8th, 2007, 02:20 PM
Lead has increased to 330 as of 3:20 p.m. EDST.....Reuters....Dateline....6;)

Ivytalk
June 8th, 2007, 02:24 PM
Now I know how Walter Mondale felt on election night '84!xbawlingx xcoolx

Engineer91
June 8th, 2007, 03:48 PM
New poll up now. Best football helmet. This time we are resigned to Other

Ivytalk
June 8th, 2007, 04:39 PM
New poll up now. Best football helmet. This time we are resigned to Other

I'm the first "Other"! But it will also be my last: stupid poll!xmadx

dbackjon
June 8th, 2007, 09:42 PM
I'm the first "Other"! But it will also be my last: stupid poll!xmadx

Same here - all the "Best Helmets" are the usual "glamour" ones - I guess they didn't want to give us a chance...

ngineer
June 8th, 2007, 11:21 PM
Wow--I just managed my first election victory!!!xrolleyesx :D
That was fun and ridiculous while it lasted...
No FCS helmets..Gotta go with "Others"