PDA

View Full Version : Big Sky Week 6 Picks

SactoHornetFan
October 2nd, 2019, 12:32 PM
Well lets get started shall we:

ISU at UM: Grizzlies are feeling high after a big win at the UC's ag school. Bengals curb-stomped PSU at home last Saturday with 54 points. Suddenly ISU has found their QB. If this was in the Dome, I'd pick the Bengals. But its not. UM 34-17

UCD at UND: Ag school had their defense fully exposed at home...same one that nearly cost them at San Diego. UND has been a weird team but if they don't have Ketteringham, they probably don't have a shot. If he plays, the former Sioux should win. UCD 24-20

WSU at UI: Weber looked very good against UNI at home. This week they go to the Quonset Hut to take on an Idaho team with a coach and son who threw tantrums like a two-year old in a loss last week at UNC. WSU 38-3

SUU at PSU: Pillow fight of the week. Which PSU team shows up: the one that gave Pig all they could in Arky, or the one the went to Pocatello. SUU has been in some games this year, but their talent level is nowhere near their title team from two years ago. PSU 27-17

UNC at NAU: Another one of those "which team will show up this week" game for both teams. UNC finally got off the snide and upset Idaho at home last week. NAU was up 21-0 and 31-14 before giving up 35 unanswered to MSU. Could the Bears make it two in a row? Will the Jack defense not let Cookus down? NAU 28-25

MSU at CP: MSU's never say die attitude brought them back from two big deficits at home against NAU. If this happens on the road against the triple option of the Mustangs could be a long day for the Bobcats. But it won't. MSU 31-20

EWU at SAC: The GOTW in the Big Sky. Finally the Hornets officially open Big Sky play (they did beat UNC 50-0 in a non-con game on Sept 14 at home). EWU rebounded nicely against UND last week at home after the letdown in Moscow. Thomson and crew continue to thrive under Coach Taylor's wide open offense. But the story of the year so far is the SAC defense, especially against the run. SAC finally beats EWU at home for the first time. SAC 42-28

Grizalltheway
October 2nd, 2019, 02:14 PM
My only prediction is Cal Poly/MSU finishes with fewer than 100 total passing yards.

MSUBobcat
October 2nd, 2019, 02:40 PM
My only prediction is Cal Poly/MSU finishes with fewer than 100 total passing yards.

Combined or each? Not disagreeing with either, just clarifying....

Grizalltheway
October 2nd, 2019, 03:03 PM
Combined or each? Not disagreeing with either, just clarifying....
Combined. xlolx

MSUBobcat
October 2nd, 2019, 03:14 PM
My go at it:

UCD @ UND - Davis' season is really on the line here; even with the long trip back to ND, they really have to gut one out here. Davis by 4
ISU-o @ UM - Bengals just don't have the firepower to take down the Griz in Missoula, but I'm expecting quite a few total points. UM by 14
SUU @ PSU - Does it really matter? Kidding.... PSU defends its field against what appears to be a continuation of last year's dismal team. PSU by 9
WSU @ UI - After Idaho's WTF last week and BBQ pwning UNI start to finish.... WSU by 13
UNC @ NAU - Cookus & Co. had the Kitties on the ropes. But that defense, ugh... Luckily, UNC's offense is not very good. NAU by 10
EWU @ Sac State - Not a lot to go off of with their schedule to date, but the Hornets PUMMELED NoCo, who beat UI, who beat EWU. Sac>UNC>UI>EWU, that's how the foosball works, right? Sac by 6
MSU @ CP - As one would expect, this game features the #1 rushing offense in the Big Sky vs. the #10 rushing defense. What one would not expect, the #1 rushing team is not the one that runs the TO. MSU by 10

- - - Updated - - -

Combined. xlolx

K. Cuz less than 100 yards each isn't really going out on a limb.... xlolxxdrunkyx

bonarae
October 2nd, 2019, 05:36 PM
UC Davis
Griz
Portland State
Weber State
Northern Arizona
Sacramento State (upset?)
Montana State

fencer24
October 2nd, 2019, 06:31 PM
My go at it:

UCD @ UND - Davis' season is really on the line here; even with the long trip back to ND, they really have to gut one out here. Davis by 4
ISU-o @ UM - Bengals just don't have the firepower to take down the Griz in Missoula, but I'm expecting quite a few total points. UM by 14
SUU @ PSU - Does it really matter? Kidding.... PSU defends its field against what appears to be a continuation of last year's dismal team. PSU by 9
WSU @ UI - After Idaho's WTF last week and BBQ pwning UNI start to finish.... WSU by 13
UNC @ NAU - Cookus & Co. had the Kitties on the ropes. But that defense, ugh... Luckily, UNC's offense is not very good. NAU by 10
EWU @ Sac State - Not a lot to go off of with their schedule to date, but the Hornets PUMMELED NoCo, who beat UI, who beat EWU. Sac>UNC>UI>EWU, that's how the foosball works, right? Sac by 6
MSU @ CP - As one would expect, this game features the #1 rushing offense in the Big Sky vs. the #10 rushing defense. What one would not expect, the #1 rushing team is not the one that runs the TO. MSU by 10

- - - Updated - - -

K. Cuz less than 100 yards each isn't really going out on a limb.... xlolxxdrunkyx

While I agree that the Cats have the best rush defense, not sure their stats will hold up after this week. I could be wrong, and I am hoping for the Big Sky Conference to come down to the Brawl. But Cal Poly runs a different rush system than most of us are accustomed to. I will record it so I can watch after our game.

mvemjsunpx
October 2nd, 2019, 09:06 PM
Suutah 28-37 Portland St. — Last week's pillow fight went to the home team, so I guess this week's will too

Montana St. 45-35 Cal Poly — California hasn't been too kind to the Bobcats, but Poly's run D isn't good enough

EWU 28-35 Sac State — Sac has won in Cheney 4 times, but they've oddly never beaten EWU at home

Weber 24-16 Idalol — The last time these two played in Moscow, Idaho scored 79 points; 25 years is a long time xawesomex

NoCo 20-45 NAU — The 'Jacks are 9-0 at home against NoCo with an average victory margin of 22.1

Idaho St. 24-38 Montana — Over/under on Rob Phenicie stabbing victims Saturday: 1.5

Davis 31-27 NoDak — Grand Forks is a tough place to win, but the Aggies' backs are to the wall

JALMOND
October 2nd, 2019, 09:58 PM
Similar to my team, the early season looked really promising, then conference season rolled around and I came crashing down. Still, I am sitting at a fairly respectable 46-7 for the year so far. Here is my attempt at perfection this week.

EWU at SAC---The Eagles looked like they were back on track after last week's impressive win, and they head out this weekend to a place they have never lost in. But with two weeks to prepare and an odd sort of confidence, this Hornet team is ready for them...SAC 38, EWU 28.

ISU at UM---All the Bengals needed to find was a quarterback to lead this potent team and they might have found one. But to win in the Grizzlies den is a tall order for even the best of teams, and this Grizzly team seems to be rolling now...UM 31, ISU 26.

MSU at CP---The Bobcats were able to come from behind last week and get a win. However, if they try that again, the Mustangs may be able to keep them down. One the road, keep them down and hold on...MSU 24, CP 20.

UNC at NAU---The Lumberjacks are still smarting from last week's game that got away from them. Then the Bears are coming in with some confidence in getting a win at the end of their game. Could it be close? Probably not...NAU 38, UNC 7.

SUU at PSU---After a fairly good start, the Vikings pretty much did not show up for their game last week, and now come home for a tussle with a Thunderbirds crew that had a chance last week. Can the Thunderbirds steal this road game from the struggling Vikings?...PSU 31, SUU 20.

UCD at North Dakota---The Aggies are still a good team but with the loss last week, their season is pretty much on the line as they return to the state of North Dakota this week. With their backs against the wall, no game will be easy as the pressure mounts...UCD 28, North Dakota 21.

WSU at UI---Even with their strange loss last week, the Vandals showed the week before how tough it is to play in their home field. Now they get a strong Wildcat team, fresh off of taking care of business against a good Mo Valley squad. Can the Vandals win again?...WSU 21, UI 17.

MSUBobcat
October 2nd, 2019, 09:59 PM
While I agree that the Cats have the best rush defense, not sure their stats will hold up after this week. I could be wrong, and I am hoping for the Big Sky Conference to come down to the Brawl. But Cal Poly runs a different rush system than most of us are accustomed to. I will record it so I can watch after our game.

I think you meant rushing offense? And I'd be shocked if the 10th best D slowed it too much. 250 on the ground, minimum. As I said in another poll, I see more ways the Brawl ends up being for the auto-bid than not. But AGS....

FYI, you don't need to record us vs. Poly. Griz should be done with ISU before we even kickoff.

wapiti
October 3rd, 2019, 09:13 AM
EWU 32 at 38 SAC--- The two surprise teams thus far in the season, but each for different reasons.

ISU 17 at 28 UM--- The Griz will be too tough in Missoula.

MSU 24 at 17 CP--- On paper this game favors MSU, but if CP can avoid turnovers they will have a decent chance to pull off an upset.

UNC 17 at 32 NAU--- NAU is playing at home.

SUU 21 at 24 PSU--- Home team should win.

UCD 32 at 28 North Dakota--- Davis needs a win, but it is on the road.

WSU 28 at 24 UI--- Hot and Cold Idaho against a hot BBQ. Idaho only has a chance if the good Idaho teams shows up to play.

mvemjsunpx
October 5th, 2019, 12:12 AM
SUU @ PSU
Spread - Viks by 9.5
Sagarin - Viks by 6
Massey - Viks by 9

MSU @ CP
Spread - Bobcats by 5
Sagarin - Bobcats by 6
Massey - Bobcats by 3

EWU @ SAC
Spread - Hornets by 2
Sagarin - Eagles by 1
Massey - Eagles by 6

WEB @ IDA
Spread - Wildcats by 7.5
Sagarin - Wildcats by 8
Massey - Wildcats by 4

NOCO @ NAU
Spread - 'Jacks by 12.5
Sagarin - 'Jacks by 11
Massey - 'Jacks by 10

ISU @ UMT
Spread - Griz by 10
Sagarin - Griz by 12
Massey - Griz by 8

UCD @ UND
Spread - Aggies by 1.5
Sagarin - Aggies by 2
Massey - F-Hawks by 1

JALMOND
October 6th, 2019, 12:03 PM
Similar to my team, the early season looked really promising, then conference season rolled around and I came crashing down. Still, I am sitting at a fairly respectable 46-7 for the year so far. Here is my attempt at perfection this week.

EWU at SAC---The Eagles looked like they were back on track after last week's impressive win, and they head out this weekend to a place they have never lost in. But with two weeks to prepare and an odd sort of confidence, this Hornet team is ready for them...SAC 38, EWU 28.

ISU at UM---All the Bengals needed to find was a quarterback to lead this potent team and they might have found one. But to win in the Grizzlies den is a tall order for even the best of teams, and this Grizzly team seems to be rolling now...UM 31, ISU 26.

MSU at CP---The Bobcats were able to come from behind last week and get a win. However, if they try that again, the Mustangs may be able to keep them down. One the road, keep them down and hold on...MSU 24, CP 20.

UNC at NAU---The Lumberjacks are still smarting from last week's game that got away from them. Then the Bears are coming in with some confidence in getting a win at the end of their game. Could it be close? Probably not...NAU 38, UNC 7.

SUU at PSU---After a fairly good start, the Vikings pretty much did not show up for their game last week, and now come home for a tussle with a Thunderbirds crew that had a chance last week. Can the Thunderbirds steal this road game from the struggling Vikings?...PSU 31, SUU 20.

UCD at North Dakota---The Aggies are still a good team but with the loss last week, their season is pretty much on the line as they return to the state of North Dakota this week. With their backs against the wall, no game will be easy as the pressure mounts...UCD 28, North Dakota 21.

WSU at UI---Even with their strange loss last week, the Vandals showed the week before how tough it is to play in their home field. Now they get a strong Wildcat team, fresh off of taking care of business against a good Mo Valley squad. Can the Vandals win again?...WSU 21, UI 17.

6-1 this week,missed only the UC Davis game. Puts me at 52-8 overall for the season.

MSUBobcat
October 7th, 2019, 11:27 AM
My go at it:

Like others, my only miss this week was Davis @ UND (nevermind about my bolding error for ISU-o and UM, as my description and score prediction clearly indicate the Griz). I knew Davis and UND would be a tight game, but with their season hanging by a thread, I really thought they'd eke one out. Hoping for Weber and maybe Poly takes them down so they have little to play for when we head down the week before the Brawl.