PDA

View Full Version : JMU @ Stony Brook -- October 5, 2019

Derby City Duke
September 30th, 2019, 07:47 PM
JMU finishes up a 3-game road swing as they venture to Long Island to take on the Stony Brook Seawolves.

JMU leads the series 4-1 with the Seawolves lone victory coming in the 2013 season when JMU was ranked #25 in the national polls.

Only 1 of the 5 games has been played on Long Island, that coming in 2014. The Dukes won the game 27-24.

Stony Brook played the Dukes tough in Harrisonburg last year, leading 10-7 at half. Tyler Gray hit two 4th quarter FGs to win it for JMU 13-10. The Seawolves had the better of the game in many statistical categories that day.

The teams have met once in the post-season (2017) with JMU winning 26-7 behind a stifling defense that picked up 5 interceptions on the day.

JMU must avoid looking ahead to the following weekend's matchup with Villanova. Hopefully SBU scheduling the Dukes for their Homecoming game will piss our team off and they'll take it out all day long on the Seawolves :D

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 30th, 2019, 07:54 PM
JMU is the better the team but I think they're going to be tested in this one. This has the feel of one of those "survival games"....

RootinFerDukes
October 5th, 2019, 10:53 AM
Bump. Don't get too excited Stony Brook fans!

jmufan999
October 5th, 2019, 02:17 PM
Bump. Don't get too excited Stony Brook fans!

if they win, they’ll come out of the woodwork. count on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 5th, 2019, 06:10 PM
We got a shootout on the Island!

21-21 9:13 2Q

veinup
October 5th, 2019, 06:11 PM
dang. is this only on “flo tv” or whatever?

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 5th, 2019, 06:22 PM
TD Dukes!

JMU 28-21 1:11 2Q

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 5th, 2019, 07:15 PM
JMU 31 SBU 28 5:46 3Q

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 5th, 2019, 07:47 PM
TD Seawolves!!

JMU 38-35 7:20 4Q

TheKingpin28
October 5th, 2019, 07:52 PM
JMU is trying to lose the game with the constant amount of fumbles.

jmu007
October 5th, 2019, 07:57 PM
Officiating in this game has been garbage all night. I’m so sick of this **** from the CAA year in and year out.

TheKingpin28
October 5th, 2019, 08:07 PM
Stony Brook with the tying FG!

TheKingpin28
The QB for SBU has been clutch to say the least.

Go Lehigh TU owl
Tie game!! What a battle!!

X-Factor
October 5th, 2019, 08:08 PM
Wow....and after they missed all those closer FG’s, SBU somehow connects from 47

X-Factor
October 5th, 2019, 08:13 PM
Is there anywhere to listen to this game?

X-Factor
October 5th, 2019, 08:14 PM
Is there anywhere to listen to this game?

Found it on TuneIn

Great game so far!

TD Dukes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 5th, 2019, 08:20 PM
JMU survives 45-38 in OT!

Son of Eli
Great game. Feel like JMU should have been called for interference on the last play.

TheKingpin28
Can't believe he dropped the TD on 4th down. Solid game for both teams and I could easily see SBU moving up and JMU moving down after that game.

jmu007
October 5th, 2019, 08:23 PM
So much anger from watching this game. Players can’t hold on to damn ball, refs don’t know the damn rules.... god damnit this game has me pissed. I guess I’ll just stick with being happy we won considering all the extra horse**** surrounding it. 4 turnovers shouldn’t equal a win so whatever works.

X-Factor
October 5th, 2019, 08:39 PM
So much anger from watching this game. Players can’t hold on to damn ball, refs don’t know the damn rules.... god damnit this game has me pissed. I guess I’ll just stick with being happy we won considering all the extra horse**** surrounding it. 4 turnovers shouldn’t equal a win so whatever works.

Yeah, I know what that’s like. Good teams find a way to win.

Holycityduke
October 5th, 2019, 08:48 PM
This was quite possibly the worst officiated college football game I've ever seen. Phantom calls, no fumble calls on SB, holding all day. JMU was lucky to come out of this game with a W.

Lorne_Malvo
October 5th, 2019, 08:55 PM
This was quite possibly the worst officiated college football game I've ever seen. Phantom calls, no fumble calls on SB, holding all day. JMU was lucky to come out of this game with a W.

Typical JMU crying. Nice first post.

SonuvaHenx2
October 5th, 2019, 08:56 PM

Welcome to AGS xpeacex

Lorne_Malvo
October 5th, 2019, 08:57 PM
Welcome to AGS xpeacex

:) Everyone should have to be beaten in.

TheKingpin28
October 5th, 2019, 09:04 PM

Looks like the Decembrists have arrived earlier than expected.

POD Knows
October 5th, 2019, 09:05 PM
This was quite possibly the worst officiated college football game I've ever seen. Phantom calls, no fumble calls on SB, holding all day. JMU was lucky to come out of this game with a W."No fumble calls on SB" WTF does that even mean.

POD Knows
October 5th, 2019, 09:06 PM
Looks like the Decembrists have arrived earlier than expected.It is probably AlexAle, I think I will put him on ignore after his initial post here. :D

jmu007
Yeah, I know what that’s like. Good teams find a way to win.

I feel better now. Needed another drink. Thank you for your reply.

Lorne_Malvo
Twitter: Can you envision a scenario in which NDSU would give up 38 points to Stony Brook?

Bison56
October 5th, 2019, 09:07 PM
I havent seen JMU fans this upset since they were told they couldn't throw streamers in Frisco.

jmu007
October 5th, 2019, 09:08 PM
"No fumble calls on SB" WTF does that even mean.

For what it’s worth, I think he’s talking about the quick whistle on a fumble by SB in the 4th. Replay showed it was clearly a fumble. SB scores on the following play I believe.

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 5th, 2019, 09:09 PM
JMU should just be happy they won. This was a tough road conference game. Survive and advance....

POD Knows
October 5th, 2019, 09:12 PM
For what it’s worth, I think he’s talking about the quick whistle on a fumble by SB in the 4th. Replay showed it was clearly a fumble. SB scores on the following play I believe.OK, thanks, I didn't see the game and wasn't clear as to what he was implying.

jmu007
October 5th, 2019, 09:12 PM
JMU should just be happy they won. This was a tough road conference game. Survive and advance....

Agreed. Now that the post game rage has subsided. SB exposed some weakness in the secondary that have been there all year. JMU offensive and defensive lines won the line of scrimmage for the most part. I’m pretty optimistic thanks to those groups.

TheKingpin28
October 5th, 2019, 09:16 PM
It is probably AlexAle, I think I will put him on ignore after his initial post here. :D

Don't say that name 2 more times. We don't need that bad juju

Seawolf97
October 5th, 2019, 09:31 PM
Congratulations to JMU for a tough one. Also impressed with their fan following , Nice to see so many in Purple and Gold walking around Stony Brook .

Herdistheword
October 5th, 2019, 09:58 PM
Was this just a sloppy game for JMU or do they have some weaknesses again this year. Last year their QB play seemed to be a hindrance. Though, I’m mostly basing this on what I heard and the boxscore as I don’t have flosports.

RootinFerDukes
October 5th, 2019, 10:27 PM
Great game. Feel like JMU should have been called for interference on the last play.

The officials were garbage all game and literally gave SB points. Cry me a river about one PI no call. They owed us.

RootinFerDukes
October 5th, 2019, 10:33 PM
"No fumble calls on SB" WTF does that even mean.

Before SB's fifth TD in the 4th, they fumbled the football in the red zone. It was clear live and on replay. We were provided with clear and indisputable video evidence of a fumble and player not down.

The call on the field was the player was down. The officials made no effort to review the play. SB then scored a few plays later. It should've been JMU football late in the 4th up 10 points. Ball game.

There were also 14 other points spotted to SB on equally terrible calls earlier in the game.

Good teams find ways to win in games like these. SB is a good team. I know some will try to spin that they're not. Easily a top 3-4 CAA team by season's end. They'll be in the playoffs.

RootinFerDukes
October 5th, 2019, 10:38 PM
Congratulations to JMU for a tough one. Also impressed with their fan following , Nice to see so many in Purple and Gold walking around Stony Brook .

Good game. SB will tear up the CAA. I have no doubt. Go beat Towson and VU.

RootinFerDukes
October 5th, 2019, 10:40 PM
Was this just a sloppy game for JMU or do they have some weaknesses again this year. Last year their QB play seemed to be a hindrance. Though, I’m mostly basing this on what I heard and the boxscore as I don’t have flosports.

Yes it was a sloppy JMU game. 4 turnovers resulting in many scores for SB. Defensive secondary was lit up all game but SB's QB is also pretty good. He was 50% on the day but threw some bombs when he did connect. Some very accurate deep passes that you just can't defend. Fields is a very elusive dual threat QB who had a phenomenal game.

Then there's the officials... If we had a competent, regular crew, we'd win by at least 14, even with the four turnovers.

grayghost06
October 6th, 2019, 01:09 AM

The 3 fumbles made it sloppy. I rarely complain about the refs, but these clowns were bad (even by CAA standards). Our QB is not a hindrance. He's been playing great this year and probably won us the game. The main weakness is the secondary. Our AA cornerback has been in and out of the lineup this year. He didn't play against Stony Brook and it showed.

caribbeanhen
October 6th, 2019, 07:57 AM
The 3 fumbles made it sloppy. I rarely complain about the refs, but these clowns were bad (even by CAA standards). Our QB is not a hindrance. He's been playing great this year and probably won us the game. The main weakness is the secondary. Our AA cornerback has been in and out of the lineup this year. He didn't play against Stony Brook and it showed.

he said last year though, Your QB this year seems to have tightened things up, liked the way he put his shoulder down late when he needs to but also pulls up when he really doesn't need to take a hit