PDA

View Full Version : 2019 Pursuit of Perfection

taper
September 29th, 2019, 04:38 PM
I know some want overall record and some want FCS only so I have tags to separate FCS.

Regular season is complete. Congrats to Central Connecticut, James Madison, and North Dakota State for their perfect FCS seasons.

May Long Island, Texas Southern, and Wagner find more success next year.

After week 13
^ FBS loss
+ sub D1 win
this week's changes in gray

Wins
Central Conn^
Florida A&M^
James Madison^
North Dakota St

Loss
LIU
Texas Southern^ - also sub D1 loss
Wagner^^+ - also sub D1 loss

FUGameBreaker
September 29th, 2019, 04:52 PM
Furman baby! xthumbsupx

ursus arctos horribilis
September 29th, 2019, 05:48 PM
That's a great way to do it taper cuz I don't care a bit the FBS loss for most teams so that is nice to see it with FCS only and the additional info. if one needs it.xthumbsupx

FUGameBreaker
October 2nd, 2019, 05:51 AM
That's a great way to do it taper cuz I don't care a bit the FBS loss for most teams so that is nice to see it with FCS only and the additional info. if one needs it.xthumbsupx

Could not agree more xnodx

MSUBobcat
October 2nd, 2019, 10:24 AM

The only one I'd "disagree" with is Hampton. I agree with not penalizing a team for losing when playing UP for the purpose of this list, but c'mon, man! If you have a loss when playing DOWN, how you gonna stay on the unbeaten list??? Likely a moot point after the game against tUNA this weekend, but still...

taper
October 2nd, 2019, 06:30 PM
The only one I'd "disagree" with is Hampton. I agree with not penalizing a team for losing when playing UP for the purpose of this list, but c'mon, man! If you have a loss when playing DOWN, how you gonna stay on the unbeaten list??? Likely a moot point after the game against tUNA this weekend, but still...

Yeah, I thought about that one for awhile. Decided to stay consistent with FCS win/loss being the main list. Also pretty sure they won't last.

BEAR
October 3rd, 2019, 11:12 AM
UCA plays at Nicholls this weekend so one of them will drop off.
Southeastern Louisiana plays a decently tough McNeese defense this weekend in "The Hole" so they are on edge of dropping off. IMO. Though SLU is tough...
Houston Baptist hosts Incarnate Word. I don't see them dropping off though.

But 3 out of the 4 SLC teams could drop off while ONE is gauranteed to remain.

ST_Lawson
October 3rd, 2019, 11:59 AM
Western Illinois and Missouri State face off this weekend (both in the "Zero Wins" category), so it's guaranteed that one of those two will be removed from the list.

taper
October 6th, 2019, 04:04 PM
Week 6 updates:
Lost
Central Ark
Houston Baptist
Illinois State
Southeastern LA
Tenn Tech
Stony Brook
Youngstown St

Got a win
Bryant
Charleston Southern
Grambling St
Missouri St
Portland St
Rhode Island
Stetson

Also Miss Valley St won a D2.

ST_Lawson
October 12th, 2019, 07:19 PM
Was curious about how far back the losing streaks go for the teams that are entirely winless this year. So here's that:

Presbyterian College - 13 games
Lafayette - 9 games
Texas Southern - 9 games
Western Illinois - 8 games
Eastern Illinois - 8 games (it's a bad year to be a directional Illinois school)
Colgate - 8 games (geeze, what happened to them...9-1 in the regular season last year and beating James Madison in the playoffs...now 0-7 this season)
Valparaiso - 7 games (includes 2 DII teams)
Northwestern State - 6 games (just 2019)

Long Island is also still on the winless list, but since this is their first year as FCS, it doesn't go back any further.

Derby City Duke
October 12th, 2019, 11:49 PM
Was curious about how far back the losing streaks go for the teams that are entirely winless this year. So here's that:

Presbyterian College - 13 games
Lafayette - 9 games
Texas Southern - 9 games
Western Illinois - 8 games
Eastern Illinois - 8 games (it's a bad year to be a directional Illinois school)
Colgate - 8 games (geeze, what happened to them...9-1 in the regular season last year and beating James Madison in the playoffs...now 0-7 this season)
Valparaiso - 7 games (includes 2 DII teams)
Northwestern State - 6 games (just 2019)

Long Island is also still on the winless list, but since this is their first year as FCS, it doesn't go back any further.

Colgate lost at least 25 seniors off last year’s team.

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 13th, 2019, 05:31 AM
Colgate lost at least 25 seniors off last year’s team.

The also returned 10 All Patriot League selections! Their collapse is epic....

OhioHen
October 14th, 2019, 09:55 AM
The also returned 10 All Patriot League selections! Their collapse is epic....

Is that like being the buffest dude at a beer belly convention? :D

taper
October 14th, 2019, 06:37 PM
Updates for Week 7.
Lost:
Hampton
Montana St
SCST
Villanova
Yale

Won:
Bucknell
Morehead St
Morgan St
Norfolk St

No win Texas Southern got a sub D1 loss also.

ST_Lawson
October 16th, 2019, 01:59 PM
Of the latitudinal directional Illinois universities...I wonder which will get a win first (or at all this season)?
http://www.chicagonow.com/prairie-state-pigskin/2019/10/panthers-leathernecks-among-eight-winless-fcs-teams/

For EIU, their last stretch of games are: at UT Martin, vs Eastern Kentucky, at Tennessee State, vs Southeast Missouri State, and at Austin Peay
For WIU, that stretch is: vs Illinois State, at Youngstown State, vs South Dakota, at North Dakota State, vs Southern Illinois, and at Northern Iowa

WIU has 6 more opportunities as opposed to 5 for EIU, but the best odds we have of winning any of the games (as currently projected by Massey) is SIU with a 28% chance of victory.
EIU meanwhile, has a 36% chance of a win against EKU and is actually favored by a little bit against Tennessee State.

Gotta say, it's not looking very promising for my Leathernecks.

X-Factor
October 16th, 2019, 03:43 PM
Of the latitudinal directional Illinois universities...I wonder which will get a win first (or at all this season)?
http://www.chicagonow.com/prairie-state-pigskin/2019/10/panthers-leathernecks-among-eight-winless-fcs-teams/

For EIU, their last stretch of games are: at UT Martin, vs Eastern Kentucky, at Tennessee State, vs Southeast Missouri State, and at Austin Peay
For WIU, that stretch is: vs Illinois State, at Youngstown State, vs South Dakota, at North Dakota State, vs Southern Illinois, and at Northern Iowa

WIU has 6 more opportunities as opposed to 5 for EIU, but the best odds we have of winning any of the games (as currently projected by Massey) is SIU with a 28% chance of victory.
EIU meanwhile, has a 36% chance of a win against EKU and is actually favored by a little bit against Tennessee State.

Gotta say, it's not looking very promising for my Leathernecks.

Rough year for sure. Glad to see you’re still posting on here as that can sap the interest from the most die hard fans

ST_Lawson
October 16th, 2019, 04:07 PM
Rough year for sure. Glad to see you’re still posting on here as that can sap the interest from the most die hard fans

As long as we're still FCS, I'm not going anywhere.
I do tend to turn towards humor a bit more when things are down though...just gotta keep laughing right?

https://media1.tenor.com/images/fda7d8d592dda5a798dde79441a939e7/tenor.gif

taper
October 21st, 2019, 07:50 PM
Updates for week 8
Lost
Furman
Montana
NCAT
Nicholls

Won
Colgate
Merrimack - congrats on their first Division 1 win

taper
October 27th, 2019, 07:35 PM
Updates for week 9
Lost
Bethune-Cookman
South Dakota St

Won
Butler
Lafayette
MVST
Northwestern St
Valpo

ST_Lawson
October 28th, 2019, 09:04 AM
It's been a couple of weeks, so I thought I'd update my "winless streak" post...

Presbyterian College - 15 games
Texas Southern - 11 games
Western Illinois - 10 games
Eastern Illinois - 10 games

Long Island is also still on the winless list, but since this is their first year as FCS, it doesn't go back any further. They're now 0-7.

So EIU...what do you think...time for us to move down to the DII GLVC together?

taper
November 3rd, 2019, 10:54 AM
Updates for week 10.
Lost
Campbell
Kennesaw St
Sac St

Won
Western Carolina
Western Ill

taper
November 10th, 2019, 07:49 PM
Updates for week 11.
Lost
Princeton

Won
Delaware St
Eastern Ill
Presbyterian

taper
November 16th, 2019, 06:42 PM
Updates for week 12
Lost
Dartmouth
Weber St

The 4 remaining FCS undefeated are likely to remain that way. NDSU is the only one without an FBS loss, but they also didn't play one.

The 3 remaining winless all have a legitimate shot at a win next week. Good luck to all.

taper
November 23rd, 2019, 06:14 PM
Updates for regular season end:
Lost
Florida A&M