Southsider
September 29th, 2019, 05:19 PM
B
LEHIGH @ COLGATE

FORDHAM @ Yale

HOLY CROSS @ BUCKNELL

GEORGETOWN @ Cornell

LAFAYETTE @ Bye

It’s really hard to care. Under current rules every team looking at a “competitive team” every 4 or 5 years.

bonarae
September 29th, 2019, 05:44 PM
Lehigh
Yale
HC
Georgetown

Just not sure about these kinds of threads these days. xsmhx

Ivytalk
September 29th, 2019, 07:18 PM
Colgate
Yale
Cross
Cornell

SUPharmacist
September 29th, 2019, 10:07 PM
Colgate
Yale
Holy Cross
Cornell

RichH2
September 30th, 2019, 08:37 AM
I am sensing some doom and gloom angst. Truth be told PL sucks right now and has for a while. We have repeatedly beaten this horse to death. We all expected so much better. Rehashing the whys serves little purpose. The Council will determine our future. I look at this year as one of rebuilding for all PL teams, except the Hoyas. We will improve . Enough to be competitive? Perhaps. A winning OOC record? Not under current rules.
In the meanwhile, I will continue to root for our teams. I have seen our teams go from the heights to the pits and back again more than once over my time. The cycle will continue to play out. Hopefully while I'm still here to enjoy it. xnodxxcoffeex

Son of Eli
September 30th, 2019, 04:44 PM
Lehigh
Yale
Holy Cross
Cornell

TheValleyRaider
September 30th, 2019, 07:43 PM
4-3 last week, but props to Fordham and Georgetown for being 2 of those losses (let's not talk about the other one). 21-10 for the season, with League play underway

Lehigh at Colgate Colgate Not sure what is stranger about this, that both teams are so underwhelming (to put it oh so mildly), or that this game is likely to resemble a defensive slugfest given both team's offensive difficulties. Raiders have not won 2 straight against the Hawks since going 3 in a row in 2007-09. Time to end that.

Fordham at Yale Yale Is last week the win Fordham needs to start saying signs of progress are there? Richmond may be down, but CAA wins are what you want to see. Really any OOC win, but that one does look good. Yale, though, is an entirely different animal. We'll see if the Bulldogs are really as good as their preseason projections, but the Rams are not Ivy-contender-level, whatever corner they may have turned.

Holy Cross at Bucknell Holy Cross League play is here at last for the (I guess?) favorites. Per the previous thread, it's been a calendar year since the Bison won a game, and I don't see any reason to believe their offense will move the ball against a good Crusader defense. Their defense might keep the Cross down for a bit, but I expect HC to get off to a good League start.

Georgetown at Cornell Georgetown Time to go out on a limb a bit. The Hoyas picked up a nice win in NYC, and now go upstate. Big Red's win came against Marist, who the Hoyas have also knocked off. Two consecutive road wins for Georgetown? I'm willing to believe.

Colgate TD
September 30th, 2019, 08:01 PM
Colgate - time to start the march to the 2019 PL Championship.
Yale - none of us (almost) are on a par with the Ivies
HC - Bison no match for the latest "Beast of the East"
G'town - Finally....we have a team that can beat an Ivy opponent

Sader87
September 30th, 2019, 08:38 PM
HC is really a year or so away from being pretty good. The defense is fairly solid but the offense has struggled mightily so far this year.

I think we'll be in the mix this year if only because the league is so down....but we are very much a work in progress right now.

Gangtackle11
September 30th, 2019, 09:31 PM
This is going to get tough since the PL are now playing each other. Hard to pick the best loser each game. xlolx xpeacex

RichH2
October 1st, 2019, 08:03 AM
This is going to get tough since the PL are now playing each other. Hard to pick the best loser each game. xlolx xpeacex

Indeed. :)

blackbeard
October 1st, 2019, 08:49 AM
Colgate
Yale
Georgetown
Cornell
BYE

carney2
October 1st, 2019, 09:33 AM
LEHIGH @ COLGATE - Remember when this used to be THE game each year? Now we are looking at an afternoon where these two have one win between them and no discernible "O." RichH predicted a zero-zero tie where everyone, I assume, just loses interest and goes home. I would usually pick the home team in a futility bowl like this, but am following a hunch.

FORDHAM @ Yale - Kudos to the Rams for their win over Richmond, but this mountain appears too high and steep.

HOLY CROSS @ BUCKNELL - Theoretically, the PL's best against the worst. I'm not sure how you make that distinction in a group this bad.

GEORGETOWN @ Cornell- The Hoyas continue to have their Andy Warhol 15 minutes of fame. Even pitiful Cornell should be up to this task, however.

LAFAYETTE @ Bye - Despite a spirited performance against Penn, it's tough to pick a John Garrett "coached" team against anyone.

van
October 1st, 2019, 09:53 AM
LEHIGH @ COLGATE - OK, it's a homer pick without much conviction

FORDHAM @ Yale - home field advantage pick, will see if the Rams are for real

HOLY CROSS @ BUCKNELL - Buffs waiting for BB start

GEORGETOWN @ Cornell- which Hoya shows up, the one that took Columbia or lost to Davdison? Big Red have QB injury? could go either way

Fordham
October 1st, 2019, 01:32 PM
Colgate
Yale
HC
Cornell

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 1st, 2019, 07:38 PM
Trying to decide if I want to go to the Lehigh-Colgate game on Saturday. It's going to be a frosty morning but I think I could still sneak in 9 holes at Seven Oaks before the game. The biggest issue is the game itself has the potential to be awful imo. Neither offense has much of anything right now. Since it's my bday I rather not be tortured by bad football.

Southsider
October 1st, 2019, 07:45 PM
Trying to decide if I want to go to the Lehigh-Colgate game on Saturday. It's going to be a frosty morning but I think I could still sneak in 9 holes at Seven Oaks before the game. The biggest issue is the game itself has the potential to be awful imo. Neither offense has much of anything right now. Since it's my bday I rather not be tortured by bad football.

Happy Bday Owl. I’m right behind you on the 7th. Thought about going up, but our son/daughter in-law suggested we go to garlic festival in Easton. I think we’ll accept the invite! Less chance of disappointment.

RichH2
October 1st, 2019, 09:18 PM

Happy Birthday owl. 18 holes sounds like a better present on Saturday.

Sader87
October 1st, 2019, 10:30 PM
I'll say this, Chesney better win Saturday...a loss here would be very bad for him.

PAllen
October 2nd, 2019, 12:39 AM
Happy BDay Owl. Mine's coming up as well. For the first time in a long time, I have no interest in seeing Lehigh play as a present.

ngineer
October 2nd, 2019, 01:33 PM
Gonna roll with what appears to be an invigorated "D" for Lehigh. This could be "one of those games" where nothing happens...a "Seinfeld game"? LU has always been known to 'travel well'...will be interesting how many will be in the stands on either side of the field on Saturday. Lehigh 17- 13.

Hoping the Rams can pull it off, but don't see it happening. Eli's Coming, 24-17.

Could the Crusaders be caught looking past Bucky? They shouldn't and won't. HC 24-13

A Hoya win among the Finger Lakes would give a big "thumb's up" for the League. Really don't know if they are up to it, two weeks in a row, but going with a hunch...Hoyas, 28-24.

Laughyette spends the weekend considering how they will "cobble" together a win somewhere.

Sader87
October 2nd, 2019, 02:30 PM
Offshore lines today:

Yale -18.5
Colgate -10
Cornell -10.5
HC -10

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 2nd, 2019, 03:39 PM
Happy BDay Owl. Mine's coming up as well. For the first time in a long time, I have no interest in seeing Lehigh play as a present.

Thanks!

It's a shame both teams stink. Temple plays Thursday night against ECU and ND has a cupcake so my Saturday is free to roam.

RichH2
October 4th, 2019, 01:52 PM
Pretty much need to win out to break .500. Oh, well.
So I' m going with who I want to win.

Lehigh over Gate. Pure homer pick

Hoyas over Cornell. Why not.

Rams-Yale. Yale just a bit much for Rams even wearing rose colored glasses

Cross- Bison. Buckies no match yet for Crusaders

Bye-Pards. Bye easy over College Hill Boys. Might as well keep their streak of Ls intact.

Leopard Loyalist
October 4th, 2019, 02:23 PM
LEHIGH @ COLGATE

FORDHAM @ Yale

HOLY CROSS @ BUCKNELL

GEORGETOWN @ Cornell

LAFAYETTE @ Bye

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 4th, 2019, 09:51 PM
Yale 30 Fordham 27 - Yale has yet to play to their potential. Rams should head to New Haven confident. This should be a good one...
Holy Cross 24 Bucknell 20 - I have a feeling this one is going to close. Holy Cross just needs to survive and advance....
Georgetown 27 Cornell 23 - The Big Red should be good enough to put up a fight at home. Georgetown is the better team and earns their first 4 game winning streak in 8 years...
Colgate 24 Lehigh 13 - If Breneman is effective the Raiders should win by a double digits imo. The Lehigh offense is atrocious...

ngineer
October 4th, 2019, 11:19 PM
Yale 30 Fordham 27 - Yale has yet to play to their potential. Rams should head to New Haven confident. This should be a good one...
Holy Cross 24 Bucknell 20 - I have a feeling this one is going to close. Holy Cross just needs to survive and advance....
Georgetown 27 Cornell 23 - The Big Red should be good enough to put up a fight at home. Georgetown is the better team and earns their first 4 game winning streak in 8 years...
Colgate 24 Lehigh 13 - If Breneman is effective the Raiders should win by a double digits imo. The Lehigh offense is atrocious...

A big Q is whether and how much Breneman plays. The Lehigh OL will have had another week together as a unit. Hopefully, should improve blocking coordination. Need to get run game working in order for the passing game to open up. I'd go with Shoup. I like his greater mobility and ability to run.

RichH2
October 5th, 2019, 08:21 AM
A big Q is whether and how much Breneman plays. The Lehigh OL will have had another week together as a unit. Hopefully, should improve blocking coordination. Need to get run game working in order for the passing game to open up. I'd go with Shoup. I like his greater mobility and ability to run.
Brisson has added a major new wrinkle for the O to boost the run game. If we can run scheme well it just might help.

TheValleyRaider
October 5th, 2019, 12:22 PM
Lehigh pinned deep, strip sack by Wheeler, Raiders recover in the end zone!

Seems like an appropriate start

7-0 Colgate
8:08 1st

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 5th, 2019, 12:22 PM
Monaco has been awful to start. Fumbles in the EZ on a Wheeler strip sack that 'Gate recovers. That should be enough points for the Raiders.

7-0 Raiders 8:50 1Q

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 5th, 2019, 12:27 PM
Now Monaco got his WR killed, Bibbens. Shoup has to go in....

TheValleyRaider
October 5th, 2019, 12:45 PM
Hawks showing a little offensive life, converted a 3rd and 18 to get into Colgate territory. Threatening as the teams switch sides

Lehigh 0
Colgate 7
End 1st

TheValleyRaider
October 5th, 2019, 12:48 PM
First play of the quarter, Monaco finds Hope, gets in for the score

7-7
14:52 2nd

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 5th, 2019, 12:48 PM
Lehigh takes advantage of a short field and scores a TD! Portorreal made a ridiculous catch on 3rd and 16 to keep the drive alive....

7-7 14:52 2Q

TheValleyRaider
October 5th, 2019, 12:54 PM
Raiders respond! Right back down the field, Twyman finishes the drive

14-7 Colgate
11:49 2nd

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 5th, 2019, 01:02 PM
Colgate has a great chance to blow this game open. Lehigh is awful. Their OL is inept and Monaco isn't mobile enough to deal with it. I have no idea how they scored a TD....

Yale 24 Fordham 10 12:00 2Q

BNiche
October 5th, 2019, 01:05 PM
Yale didn't even need a first down to throw a bomb for another TD - Yale 31-10

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 5th, 2019, 01:23 PM
Lehigh has 1st and goal at the 'Gate one....sneak it!!!! And Monaco keeps it!! 99 yard TD drive...lol. Lehigh made some nice plays but 'Gate's defense is pretty bad too. These are two pretty stinky teams. They're both playing hard....

14-14 0:18 2Q

TheValleyRaider
October 5th, 2019, 01:24 PM
Lehigh goes 99 yards at the end of the half, Monaco takes it in himself from the 1 to finish it off

14-14
0:18 2nd

TheValleyRaider
October 5th, 2019, 01:26 PM
Raiders decide to kneel it to end the half

Lehigh 14
Colgate 14
Halftime

RichH2
October 5th, 2019, 01:29 PM
That was the best drive by Lehigh in a long time. OL stood up. Monaco calmed down and settled in for the 1st time this year. Started out with the yips. RB by committee is working.

TheValleyRaider
October 5th, 2019, 01:29 PM
Both teams should feel like they've missed some opportunities to take control of this game. Colgate defense alternates between swarming the backfield and giving up open receivers. Offense has had some nice drives, and some listless 3-and-outs. Whoever can be a little more consistent could pull away, but that seems unlikely.

It is not going to be pretty, but could be a tight finish

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 5th, 2019, 01:35 PM
That was the best drive by Lehigh in a long time. OL stood up. Monaco calmed down and settled in for the 1st time this year. Started out with the yips. RB by committee is working.

Monaco was playing scarred in the first time. He owes Bibbens a big time apology. Monaco had time to get rid of the ball on the strip sack. Wheeler beat his man and you can see that Monaco knew he was coming. That could end up being the game.

You can tell the individual talent on both teams but the sum of that parts is rather icky. It's a compelling pillow fight....

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 5th, 2019, 01:37 PM
Yale 45 Fordham 10 3:25 2Q

That's real ugly. Eli playing up to potential but Rams getting destroyed. Hopefully Georgetown plays well....

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 5th, 2019, 01:44 PM
Bucknell 7 Holy Cross 0 13:35 2Q

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 5th, 2019, 01:52 PM
Bucknell 14 Holy Cross 0 11:09 2Q

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 5th, 2019, 02:07 PM
Holy Cross TD...

14-7 Bison 6:52 2Q

DFW HOYA
October 5th, 2019, 02:18 PM
Georgetown 8
Cornell 0
9:23 1st

TheValleyRaider
October 5th, 2019, 02:19 PM
Limited action, neither offense looks really threatening so far in the half. Lehigh has the ball near midfield as the clock runs out

Lehigh 14
Colgate 14
End 3rd

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 5th, 2019, 02:19 PM
Why in the world did Hunt go for it on 4th down?!?! lol....

Lehigh has pretty much dominated this game yet it's tied. The 'Gate OL/offense is painful to watch.

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 5th, 2019, 02:42 PM
The Lehigh-Colgate game is ugly....yikes...

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 5th, 2019, 02:53 PM
Monaco fails to get a first down when he slides too early. Gets it on 4th...Lehigh is driving...

CHIP72
October 5th, 2019, 02:53 PM
Comment from earlier in the game - regardless of what the Stadium Network announcers say, Lehigh's biggest rival is Lafayette, not Colgate (who ranks #2).

DFW HOYA
October 5th, 2019, 02:54 PM
Comment from earlier in the game - regardless of what the Stadium Network announcers say, Lehigh's biggest rival is Lafayette, not Colgate (who ranks #2).

This is what PL football has come to. They don't even know the Rivalry. :(

CHIP72
October 5th, 2019, 02:56 PM
WTF is Lehigh doing NOT running a QB sneak on 4th and a foot???

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 5th, 2019, 02:56 PM
4th and 6 inches and Lehigh hands it off. There was basically no one to stop a QB sneak. They opted against a 38 yard Fg. What a pathetic call...

Colgate should win...

TheValleyRaider
October 5th, 2019, 02:57 PM
Lehigh makes a curious decision to go for it on 4th and short in Colgate territory, and the run is stuffed! Raider ball, tie game late

14-14
1:22 4th

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 5th, 2019, 02:59 PM
Breneman literally fumbles the ball trying to throw the ball. This is pee wee level football here....lol

TheValleyRaider
October 5th, 2019, 02:59 PM
Breneman fumbles, completely untouched, Lehigh recovers in Colgate territory

14-14
1:06 4th

CHIP72
October 5th, 2019, 03:00 PM
Big break for Lehigh on the Colgate QB fumble.

My apologies on the post delays - I've been having problems with the AGS site the last few months whenever I'm using my chromebook and I'm on my home (Verizon FiOS) network.

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 5th, 2019, 03:00 PM
I have zero faith in the Lehigh kicking game. Lehigh needs to try and score a TD...

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 5th, 2019, 03:03 PM
TD Lehigh! 'Gate still has time. Anything is possible in this one...

Lehigh 21 Colgate 14 0:33 4Q

TheValleyRaider
October 5th, 2019, 03:04 PM
Why bother with the kicker, Lehigh runs it in for a score, could be the winner

21-14 Lehigh
0:33 4th

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 5th, 2019, 03:08 PM
'Gate at the Lehigh 35...lol

Now at the Lehigh 10....two teams who just don't know how to win....

DFW HOYA
October 5th, 2019, 03:11 PM
Georgetown 8
Cornell 0
Halftime

TheValleyRaider
Colgate manages to get down the field, one shot at the end zone with 1 second to go

CHIP72
Tom Gilmore's defensive timeouts late have been dumb IMO.

TheValleyRaider
October 5th, 2019, 03:12 PM
Pass caught, but tackled at the one

Lehigh 21
Colgate 14
Final

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 5th, 2019, 03:12 PM
Lehigh stops Colgate at the 1!! Mountain Hawks survive...

play under review but he looked well short....

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 5th, 2019, 03:14 PM
Lehigh wins 21-14!!

Nice to start league play with a win but still need a lot of improvement. Colgate is every bit as bad as their 0-6 record would indicate.

Lehigh wins the 2010's against 'Gate by a commanding 7-3 mark! They've also won 5 straight in Hamilton! Not sure a PL team has ever done that....

aceinthehole
October 5th, 2019, 03:16 PM
Lehigh wins 21-14!!

Nice to start league play with a win but still need a lot of improvement. Colgate is every bit as bad as their 0-6 record would indicate.

Lehigh wins the 2010's against 'Gate by a commanding 7-3 mark! They've also won 5 straight in Hamilton! Not sure a PL team has ever done that....

Congrats, that's an impressive run.

TheValleyRaider
October 5th, 2019, 03:17 PM
Pathetic performance from the offense. Colgate had 9 rushing yards. Unacceptable. Yeah there are injuries, yeah Breneman was clearly less mobile, but if this is the team or program that they claim to be, that they want to be, this has to be better.

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 5th, 2019, 03:18 PM
Pathetic performance from the offense. Colgate had 9 rushing yards. Unacceptable. Yeah there are injuries, yeah Breneman was clearly less mobile, but if this is the team or program that they claim to be, that they want to be, this has to be better.

The offense is Hunt's now. He wanted to put his imprint on it. He better fire himself after the year and hire a competent OC...

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 5th, 2019, 03:25 PM
Holy Cross 21 Bucknell 14 End 3Q

Georgetown 8 Cornell 0 Half

van
October 5th, 2019, 03:38 PM
Tom Gilmore's defensive timeouts late have been dumb IMO.

strongly disagree, saving Time Out to take home on bus ride home or take Time Out to be very sure everyone is on the right page, I go for the latter

- - - Updated - - -

The offense is Hunt's now. He wanted to put his imprint on it. He better fire himself after the year and hire a competent OC...
if you know any who are available call TG, he needs one too

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 5th, 2019, 03:39 PM
strongly disagree, saving Time Out to take home on bus ride home or take Time Out to be very sure everyone is on the right page, I go for the latter

The one before Colgate spiked the ball was a little strange. Might as well just let them waste a down. But overall, I agree. Better to be on the same page....

PAllen
October 5th, 2019, 03:40 PM
Didn't see the game (my daughter's rec soccer game holds more interest these days). The box score has Lehigh's O putting up a 13 play 99 yard drive. That tells you all you need to know about Colgate's D.

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 5th, 2019, 03:46 PM

- - - Updated - - -

if you know any who are available call TG, he needs one too

At least Lehigh took some shots down field. Colgate did very little to stretch Lehigh's defense.....

RichH2
October 5th, 2019, 03:51 PM

Twyman a bum ankle and Hunt rightly kept Brenerman's running to a minimum. Evident he isnt yet very mobile. Plus I give a lot of credit to Lehigh D. Sure tackling and smart play except for Gate's long drive.

RichH2
October 5th, 2019, 03:54 PM
At least Lehigh took some shots down field. Colgate did very little to stretch Lehigh's defense.....
Give some credit to LU pressure. Brenerman didnt have much time to work long passes. A lot of sacks.

van
October 5th, 2019, 03:56 PM
Give some credit to LU pressure. Breneman didn't have much time to work long passes. A lot of sacks.

give some credit to the D coaches, they have done a masterful job getting these guys in the right spots and playing hard

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 5th, 2019, 03:59 PM
Give some credit to LU pressure. Brenerman didnt have much time to work long passes. A lot of sacks.

Absolutely! Level of competition definitely helped but they got after Breneman all day!

I think it's fitting that both league games today are going to end in the nondescript score of 21-14. Holy Cross survives against Bucknell...

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 5th, 2019, 04:00 PM
Georgetown 8 Cornell 8 End 3Q

It's up to the bullpens now....

DFW HOYA
October 5th, 2019, 04:30 PM
Georgetown 14
Cornell 8
5:18 4th

Brad Hurst, he of the multiple misses last year, shanks the PAT.

TheValleyRaider
October 5th, 2019, 04:33 PM
Georgetown 14
Cornell 8
5:18 4th

Hoya Saxa

Sader87
October 5th, 2019, 05:24 PM
Gun to my head I would rank the PL thusly:

1 Hoyas
2 Saders
3 Rams
4 Engineers
5 Red Raiders
6 Leopards
7 Bison

Hardly a dime's worth of a difference from top to bottom imo

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 5th, 2019, 05:31 PM
Gun to my head I would rank the PL thusly:

1 Hoyas
2 Saders
3 Rams
4 Engineers
5 Red Raiders
6 Leopards
7 Bison

Hardly a dime's worth of a difference from top to bottom imo

I'll go
1. Georgetown
2. Holy Cross
3. Lehigh - much better defense than Fordham imo
4. Fordham
5. Lafayette - 8 straight losses
6. Colgate - 7 straight losses
7. Bucknell - 11 straight losses

The reality is no one is good. It's basically varying levels of bad. With that said, Georgetown still has a real good shot a 9 or even 10 wins.

RichH2
October 5th, 2019, 05:43 PM
I'll go
1. Georgetown
2. Holy Cross
3. Lehigh - much better defense than Fordham imo
4. Fordham
5. Lafayette - 8 straight losses
6. Colgate - 7 straight losses
7. Bucknell - 11 straight losses

The reality is no one is good. It's basically varying levels of bad. With that said, Georgetown still has a real good shot a 9 or even 10 wins.

Yup. Varying levels of misery. Lehigh showing life. Rams showing O but D has not appeared yet. Crusaders showing D but no O to speak of. Bucknell showing heart. Colgate battle weary. Not much to show as yet. Hoyas showing well in OOC, realistic hope for PL games. Pards relaxing

DFW HOYA
October 5th, 2019, 06:35 PM
On strength of schedule alone, I'd say Holy Cross is favored at the turn for the backstretch.

I won't sell Colgate short but when this league has three teams with a combined mark of 0-16, we're talking a historic low for the Likins-Brooks vision.

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 5th, 2019, 06:39 PM
On strength of schedule alone, I'd say Holy Cross is favored at the turn for the backstretch.

I won't sell Colgate short but when this league has three teams with a combined mark of 0-16, we're talking a historic low for the Likins-Brooks vision.

Lehigh gets Holy Cross and Georgetown at Goodman. I have to think Lehigh will have little trouble getting motivation for either game given what happened last year. The league race is going to be crazy. I have a feeling it's going to come down to tie-breakers. No one is going 6-0 imo...

DFW HOYA
October 5th, 2019, 06:48 PM
Laying in wait...

http://ramblingsfromthebench.blogspot.com/2019/10/leopards-2019-patriot-champs-or-not.html#more

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 5th, 2019, 06:55 PM
Laying in wait...

http://ramblingsfromthebench.blogspot.com/2019/10/leopards-2019-patriot-champs-or-not.html#more

The Leopards will have fun with Princeton next week.....

The Boogie Down
October 5th, 2019, 06:55 PM
Laying in wait...

Bet the house! (Car too)

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 5th, 2019, 07:02 PM
BTW, Lehigh has won 4/5 in Hamilton, lost in 2015.

ngineer
October 5th, 2019, 08:06 PM
Despite the early mistakes, one has to be impressed with Lehigh's resilience in not panicking and fighting like hell. I can't remember a Lehigh defense spending so much time in an opponent's backfield. Coach K really has the D fired up and it's about time we had such an attitude. Some outstanding play by DB#10, Divine Buckrham. Going for the TD late in the game rather than the FG was very important as it forced Colgate to go the distance, rather than kicking a FG to send the game into OT at the end.I missed the first quarter but saw highlights. To only give up one offensive TD to the Raiders is impressive and should give the team a lot of confidence, now, going forward. Should be 3-2 with the non-TD call against St. Francis. Downside is losing both WRs. Burbage's injury looks serious. Hopefully, Bibbens back in two weeks after the bye. But we are seeing the growth of some talented freshman all over the place. Looking forward to the bus trip to the Bronx in two weeks!