penguinpower
September 29th, 2019, 09:11 AM
Should be a good one

Schism55
September 29th, 2019, 09:58 AM
Knife fight in a ditch! Let's go!

ysubigred
September 29th, 2019, 11:17 AM
This comes down to whose defense is better. Both offenses are handy but not stellar.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 29th, 2019, 11:21 AM
This would be a good game to be at.

Should be a slugfest.

Paladin1aa
September 29th, 2019, 11:48 AM
Even matchup that should be a close game.

ytownchief22
September 29th, 2019, 12:30 PM
UNI Dome has been a house of horrors for YSU. This one will be about defense and which offense doesn't turn the ball over. Should be a good one.

BeamMeUp
September 29th, 2019, 12:43 PM
Past 5 games at the UNI Dome between these two programs:
2007: UNI 14-13
2009: UNI 21-7
2011: UNI 21-17
2013: UNI 22-20
2017: UNI 19-14

Last YSU win in the dome... Jimbo was our Congressman, William Jefferson Clinton our President, and James P. Tressel our head coach... 1999 was the year.

that guy
September 29th, 2019, 10:01 PM
On paper this should be a good close game but will Farley do Farley things or will the cat pics come out again. One of these two coaches could make this game a blow out either way.

FUGameBreaker
September 29th, 2019, 10:08 PM
UNI will have to win 1 of the next 2 to stay in the conversation (YSU or @NDSU), falling to 2-4 with games still @Ill. St. and @SDSU seems like to much to overcome

Bisonator
September 30th, 2019, 08:04 AM
UNI will have to win 1 of the next 2 to stay in the conversation (YSU or @NDSU), falling to 2-4 with games still @Ill. St. and @SDSU seems like to much to overcome
Agreed but this is UNI's MO. Get down early in the season, fight, claw and scatch back to a playoff spot.

RabidRabbit
September 30th, 2019, 05:28 PM
Past 5 games at the UNI Dome between these two programs:

Last YSU win in the dome... Jimbo was our Congressman, William Jefferson Clinton our President, and James P. Tressel our head coach... 1999 was the year.

Welcome BeamMeUp! Always good to get new blood posting.

BeamMeUp
September 30th, 2019, 07:11 PM
Welcome BeamMeUp! Always good to get new blood posting.
Happy to be here! In honor of Jimbo:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=12x8AefWNiI&list=LL3uRTKlvBXWh1wVIAztf0WQ& index=2&t=0s

The Yo Show
September 30th, 2019, 07:32 PM
As soon as I saw your profile, knew that you were well of aware of Jimbo. The name "BeamMeUp" being his catchphrase (referencing star trek) because of things he thought were out of this world crazy with the government. Plus the image. Welcome to the board!

Paladin1aa
September 30th, 2019, 07:37 PM
I suspect Beam me Up is familiar - maybe 6’5, Italian last name, former Penguin Club member.................

What say you......

PantherRob82
September 30th, 2019, 07:50 PM
I'm not sure what to expect anymore. I've seen the good, bad and ugly with this team. Nothing will surprise me this season. I don't expect to lose the next two though.

Professor Chaos
September 30th, 2019, 07:55 PM
This was my pick for the game of the week in the FCS. I'm very interested to see how YSU shows on the road in a tough environment against a good team and/or to see if UNI has just been living off the diminishing equity of a quality loss to Iowa St. I put together a statistical breakdown for this matchup (national ranks are in parenthesis):

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/48823619433_affb79c704_c.jpg

It's kind of eye opening just how inefficient UNI's offense has been so far this year. 100th in yards per play, 103rd in yards per rush, 57th in passing efficiency. Their defense is going to have win this one for them since YSU's defense looks legit so I don't see the Panthers putting up much more than 20.

That said it'll probably be 42-38 now that I called out the UNI offense.

Big Cats
September 30th, 2019, 08:37 PM
[QUOTE=BeamMeUp;2806788]Past 5 games at the UNI Dome between these two programs:

Last YSU win in the dome... Jimbo was our Congressman, William Jefferson Clinton our President, and James P. Tressel our head coach... 1999 was the year.[/QUOTE

The difference in 2007 was a blocked extra point by the UNI defense with only seconds left in the game.

ysubigred
September 30th, 2019, 08:43 PM
[QUOTE=BeamMeUp;2806788]Past 5 games at the UNI Dome between these two programs:

Last YSU win in the dome... Jimbo was our Congressman, William Jefferson Clinton our President, and James P. Tressel our head coach... 1999 was the year.[/QUOTE

The difference in 2007 was a blocked extra point by the UNI defense with only seconds left in the game.Since the start of YSU vs UNI I've been convinced that UNI could dress the band in football uniforms and somehow win the friggen game [emoji2962]

ST_Lawson
September 30th, 2019, 10:12 PM
[QUOTE=Big Cats;2807471]Since the start of YSU vs UNI I've been convinced that UNI could dress the band in football uniforms and somehow win the friggen game [emoji2962]

I've known some pretty big folks in the UNI band (that was back in the '90s though). You might not be wrong.

Bisonator
October 1st, 2019, 10:07 AM
I'm not sure what to expect anymore. I've seen the good, bad and ugly with this team. Nothing will surprise me this season. I don't expect to lose the next two though.
https://media.tenor.com/images/b85413b368392ba78e647438f2366d46/tenor.gif

uni88
October 1st, 2019, 12:49 PM

https://media.tenor.com/images/b85413b368392ba78e647438f2366d46/tenor.gif

Any given Saturday.

ysubigred
October 1st, 2019, 02:06 PM
I suspect Beam me Up is familiar - maybe 6’5, Italian last name, former Penguin Club member.................

What say you......

I believe that be him. First name start's with a "M".

ysubigred
October 1st, 2019, 02:07 PM
xsmiley_wix

Paladin1aa
October 1st, 2019, 02:13 PM
Normally, the Dome is a curse for YSU with some really good teams losing close games in odd ways. After last weeks game with RMU, I was leaning towards UNI, until game notes came out today and indicates Jones at C will start and was not seriously injured last week. That’s all I needed. He is YSUs best OL. In fact, the turnaround this year can be attributed to the late transfers that are game changers. YSU best players are new - Jones the 2 year C starter from WVU, Jones the S Starter from Vanderbilt, and now add in Douglas, OG, the former starter from Tenn Tech and the return of stars from injury, Reed the Florida DE transfer and S Hegedus. YSU is a much better club this year. Now to the game -

YSU whipped UNI last year 31-10. Since then, I see YSU as greatly improved over last year. For sure the schedule has been cupcakes and a Samford team that is probably going to do well this year. But the talent upgrade is obvious. I expect YSU to control both LOS, ramming the ball down UNIs throat and using play action pass when they load the box. On D, watch YSUs front 4 as I expect them to dominate. They handled Howard’s QB Newton, brother of Cam Newton, and he was easily the best athlete on the field that game. He was also the most dangerous QB the Guins will face this year. YSUs DEs are dominating and DT Craig a pure animal. Add in Cook who was moved from DE for his strength and speed and you got run stuffers and pass rush killers. This was the similar situation last year when YSU won and they have only gotten better personnel wise. UNI did not make up ground on YSU in one year.

I think the curse is over this year. Game may be close for awhile, but YSU has the horses.

BisonBacker
October 1st, 2019, 02:21 PM
Should be a good one

Really looking forward to seeing this game play out.

JayJ79
October 1st, 2019, 11:13 PM
Since the start of YSU vs UNI I've been convinced that UNI could dress the band in football uniforms and somehow win the friggen game

and if they did that, then UNI could actually call their plays without the band blaring on for once.

FUGameBreaker
October 2nd, 2019, 06:40 AM
and if they did that, then UNI could actually call their plays without the band blaring on for once.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mfebpLfAt8g

ysubigred
October 2nd, 2019, 07:14 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mfebpLfAt8g

LOL!! thanks for digging that up xlmaox

Derby City Duke
October 2nd, 2019, 08:41 AM
How much of YSU's good start is taking advantage of their OOC schedule?

Can UNI come out ready to play from the opening whistle or will they repeat last week's slumberful start?

UNI probably needs this game more than YSU. The Valley will be its typical grind-fest, but with road trips to NDSU, SDSU, and Ill. St., 6-6 could be a real possibility. I believe UNI is better than 6-6, but they'll need to refocus to beat the Cat-man and his Penguins.

UNI by 4 points.

Sycamore62
October 2nd, 2019, 11:24 AM
will Bo get enough unsportsmanlikes to offset Farely being Farely?

clenz
October 2nd, 2019, 11:25 AM
YSU won't do **** on this defense....but will UNI have any kind of offense for the first time this season?

uni88
October 2nd, 2019, 12:04 PM
YSU won't do **** on this defense....but will UNI have any kind of offense for the first time this season?

And will UNI take the field at the whistle or wait until later in the game to start playing?

ysubigred
October 2nd, 2019, 12:09 PM
And will UNI take the field at the whistle or wait until later in the game to start playing?

This could be a crazy game. YSU starts slow and mid game plays like gang busters and finish lost and UNI seems the 180 can't wait xthumbsupx

clenz
October 2nd, 2019, 12:18 PM
WSU had 2 yards of offense in the second half against UNI.

However, because UNI decided the game didn't start until the second quarter it was 17-0 9 minutes in

UNI fumbled the opening kick and started inside their own 20 - punted.
First play for WSU was 73 yards for a score - WSU had 202 yards of offense for the entire game after that
Ensuring kick off UNI fumbles and WSU recovers

WSU yards by quarter

169 yards in the first quarter
95 yards in the second quarter
-7 yards in the third quarter
6 yards in the fourth quarter

After the first play of the game WSU had 202 yards on 64 plays.
5 yards per attempt passing
1.8 YPC for the entire game

If Farley can have the team actually ready to play at kick off UNI could be pretty good...

clenz
October 2nd, 2019, 12:25 PM
I also got a kick out of YSU's twitter graphic for the game

It's a YSU playing running through a corn field. Real damn original for a game played in Iowa. I hope UNI's graphics team uses decrepit abandoned buildings, people in prisoner jumpsuits, and free cars from the early 1990s as the graphic for the game in Youngstown.

Also, the player is running through deep green corn that is like 18-24 inches tall. That's cool for a game played in like June.

Corn in October is browning out and 8-10' tall. Good luck finding an open receiver in that.

Sycamore62
October 2nd, 2019, 01:05 PM

It's a YSU playing running through a corn field. Real damn original for a game played in Iowa. I hope UNI's graphics team uses decrepit abandoned buildings, people in prisoner jumpsuits, and free cars from the early 1990s as the graphic for the game in Youngstown.

Also, the player is running through deep green corn that is like 18-24 inches tall. That's cool for a game played in like June.

Corn in October is browning out and 8-10' tall. Good luck finding an open receiver in that.

seems like the corn here is way behind schedule because of the rain. it sure isnt 24in tall though

clenz
October 2nd, 2019, 02:00 PM
seems like the corn here is way behind schedule because of the rain. it sure isnt 24in tall though
If I'm honest - I haven't left city limits/been near a corn field in probably 2 or 3 months. I have no idea what corn around here looks like. That sounds impossible for someone that lives in Iowa to say, but it's 100% the truth. My trip to Cedar Falls this weekend will be my first time out of the city since probably early July or late June....maybe sooner. I honestly can't remember the last time I left.

I'm just going with normal early October growth

Bisonator
October 2nd, 2019, 02:32 PM

Can't be any worse then this "garbage" xlolx

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MXgVKP8oW8s&feature=youtu.be

ST_Lawson
October 2nd, 2019, 07:08 PM

Drove to Springfield, IL and back last week...2 hours through central Illinois cornfields. Both the early and late corn is mostly full height, but the early corn is already brown and drying out. The corn that had to wait until things dried out looks like late July corn...tall but still very much green.

And yeah, unless the dude in the photo is about 15 feet tall, corn doesn't look like this at any time during football season.

https://twitter.com/YoungstownStFB/status/1179078889470980096

ysubigred
October 2nd, 2019, 07:16 PM

Corn in October is browning out and 8-10' tall. Good luck finding an open receiver in that.Wow you sharp knifes really pick up on silly college kids in graphic arts mistakes. Keep up the keen sense of realism xlmaox

cx500d
October 2nd, 2019, 07:18 PM
Drove to Springfield, IL and back last week...2 hours through central Illinois cornfields. Both the early and late corn is mostly full height, but the early corn is already brown and drying out. The corn that had to wait until things dried out looks like late July corn...tall but still very much green.

And yeah, unless the dude in the photo is about 15 feet tall, corn doesn't look like this at any time during football season.

https://twitter.com/YoungstownStFB/status/1179078889470980096

Maybe it’s sorghum?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ST_Lawson
October 2nd, 2019, 07:23 PM
Maybe it’s sorghum?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

or VERY weird beans

ysubigred
October 2nd, 2019, 07:24 PM
Maybe it’s sorghum?

Sent from my iPad using TapatalkPicture taken in Y-Town could be hemp [emoji86][emoji87][emoji85]

ytownchief22
October 2nd, 2019, 08:23 PM
Can't wait for this game.

clenz
October 2nd, 2019, 08:24 PM
Wow you sharp knifes really pick up on silly college kids in graphic arts mistakes. Keep up the keen sense of realism xlmaox

Sent from my SM-G965U using TapatalkI mean, if we are using wild over used generalizations that's what Youngstown has

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

ysubigred
October 2nd, 2019, 08:31 PM
I mean, if we are using wild over used generalizations that's what Youngstown has

Sent from my Pixel 3 using TapatalkI stopped paying attention to social media. Millenials be millenials.

The Yo Show
October 2nd, 2019, 08:36 PM
I saw the image and LOL'd real hard. Would have preferred they went a different route but eh. Whatever. It has no impact on the game. Expecting this to be competitive but oddly enough just because I'm expecting a competitive game someone is going to blow the other team out.

BeamMeUp
October 2nd, 2019, 10:18 PM

What say you......
Paladin1AA - Must have me confused with someone else.

Lot's of great battles over the years at the UNI Dome. Although on paper YSU has the better offense (albeit vs. weaker much weaker competition), UNI has a stout defense and I anticipate they will give YSU a lot of fits. When YSU has opportunities on UNI's side of the field, they must cash in because those opportunities will be slim pickings. UNI's offense does not wow me and I anticipate YSU's defense will have some success containing UNI's QB. If they can get early pressure on him and mix in a few sacks, I really like their chances.

Think this one comes down to special teams... A 16-13 type of score would not surprise me at all.

Lot's of talk about YSU not winning at UNI since 1999. At one point UNI won 11 straight in this series, but they have lost the last 3 times they have traveled to Youngstown interestingly enough. Point is, streaks are meant to be broken. Will YSU make enough plays to get over the curse of the dome? We shall see... xcoffeex

F'N Hawks
October 3rd, 2019, 09:07 AM
WSU had 2 yards of offense in the second half against UNI.

However, because UNI decided the game didn't start until the second quarter it was 17-0 9 minutes in

UNI fumbled the opening kick and started inside their own 20 - punted.
First play for WSU was 73 yards for a score - WSU had 202 yards of offense for the entire game after that
Ensuring kick off UNI fumbles and WSU recovers

WSU yards by quarter

169 yards in the first quarter
95 yards in the second quarter
-7 yards in the third quarter
6 yards in the fourth quarter

After the first play of the game WSU had 202 yards on 64 plays.
5 yards per attempt passing
1.8 YPC for the entire game

If Farley can have the team actually ready to play at kick off UNI could be pretty good...

I was waiting all week to find out how UNI actually dominated the game, even though they were down 29-10 in the middle of the 4th quarter. I needed that. The only real surprise is why they didn't move up the polls for such a strong showing on the road.

clenz
October 3rd, 2019, 09:10 AM
I was waiting all week to find out how UNI actually dominated the game, even though they were down 29-10 in the middle of the 4th quarter. I needed that. The only real surprise is why they didn't move up the polls for such a strong showing on the road.Hi Shannon

F'N Hawks
October 3rd, 2019, 09:20 AM
Hi Shannon

?

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 3rd, 2019, 10:14 AM
I was waiting all week to find out how UNI actually dominated the game, even though they were down 29-10 in the middle of the 4th quarter. I needed that. The only real surprise is why they didn't move up the polls for such a strong showing on the road.

Have you watched UNI play this year?

They are pretty darn good. Defense is tough as usual. They can beat anyone left on their schedule.

F'N Hawks
October 3rd, 2019, 10:25 AM
I did but only the Idaho State game.

clenz
October 3rd, 2019, 10:59 AM
Have you watched UNI play this year?

They are pretty darn good. Defense is tough as usual. They can beat anyone left on their schedule.
UNI has legitimately a top 3-5 defense in the entire nation. Even by Farley/UNI standards this defense feels like another level.

If UNI could ever figure out how to run the ball it's a really good ****ing team. Until then? Well. Better hope you can win scoring 17 points and the defense doesn't have one single let down.

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 3rd, 2019, 06:11 PM
UNI has legitimately a top 3-5 defense in the entire nation. Even by Farley/UNI standards this defense feels like another level.

If UNI could ever figure out how to run the ball it's a really good ****ing team. Until then? Well. Better hope you can win scoring 17 points and the defense doesn't have one single let down.

Watching the Iowa State game....UNI had a FR corner that did a really good job. Kid is going to be a stud.

UNI's defense is going to shut down YSU's run game and make YSU beat them passing but I don't think the Penguins are good enough to win on passing the ball. And it wouldn't surprise me if UNI runs the table. That defense is good.

BeamMeUp
October 5th, 2019, 12:31 PM
Go Youngstown... game on WBCB in Mahoning Valley.

Schism55
October 5th, 2019, 04:10 PM
Let's Go!!

Paladin1aa
October 5th, 2019, 04:27 PM
Homer announcers,lol

Professor Chaos
October 5th, 2019, 04:56 PM
14 runs and 3 passes for YSU so far? This isn't a triple option team, you're going to get smothered by UNI with a one-dimensional offense.

Schism55
October 5th, 2019, 05:05 PM
14 runs and 3 passes for YSU so far? This isn't a triple option team, you're going to get smothered by UNI with a one-dimensional offense.
No doubt. UNI pursuit to the ball carrier is impressive.

Bisonator
October 5th, 2019, 05:14 PM
Lol and just like that YSU scores a TD thru the air!xlolx

ysubigred
October 5th, 2019, 05:32 PM
YSU really stinking it up on O and D. UNI has their number even when the Guins are playing well. Maybe YSU will become a second half team for a change.

Paladin1aa
October 5th, 2019, 05:50 PM
UNI is playing well. The problems I saw preseason are still there - poor QB, holes in the OL and at CB. Weenie schedule didn’t get them ready

Paladin1aa
October 5th, 2019, 06:04 PM
3rd qtr

YSU. 14

UNI. 21

ysubigred
October 5th, 2019, 06:08 PM
Guins just look slow compared to UNI.

TheKingpin28
October 5th, 2019, 06:43 PM
Mad Pelini is coming out!

Lorne_Malvo
October 5th, 2019, 06:43 PM
15 yards on Bo. Nothing changes.

ysubigred
October 5th, 2019, 06:50 PM
15 yards on Bo. Nothing changes.Hard to beat UNI with referees assistance. Go Bo [emoji57]

ysubigred
October 5th, 2019, 07:04 PM
Great game UNI. Go get NDSU now. See you again in December [emoji106]

ytownchief22
October 5th, 2019, 07:04 PM
Winnable game. That dropped pass from Ryan will haunt him for awhile.... Just can't make mistakes like that in a close game. #7 on YSY D needs to sit. He is good for 2-3 penalizes evert game that screw the team badly. He is not that good. Offense just couldn't capitalize in the 4th. UNI has a stout defense. Mays is hurt so looks like Craycraft for a few weeks. On to a big game vs SDSU!

Paladin1aa
October 5th, 2019, 07:11 PM
YSU played bad and still had their chances. FG that barely missed and a dropped pass in the end zone.

And somethings never change - penalty on coaching staff.

Still think my 7-5 preseason prediction is good and maybe better. UNI should do well.

penguinpower
October 5th, 2019, 07:26 PM
UNI is playing well. The problems I saw preseason are still there - poor QB, holes in the OL and at CB. Weenie schedule didn’t get them ready

YSU controlled most of the game the second half. Can’t give up big plays on 3rd down. They essentially fixed that issue in the second half and then had a perfect chance to tie it with a stupid dropped pad and then fumble. Stupid

ysubigred
October 5th, 2019, 07:35 PM
YSU played bad and still had their chances. FG that barely missed and a dropped pass in the end zone.

And somethings never change - penalty on coaching staff.

Still think my 7-5 preseason prediction is good and maybe better. UNI should do well.I'm not sure what to think of the Missouri Valley football conference after today. Holy crapp it's NDSU then UNI of course, but the rest of the teams looked beatable. We may see Waid sooner than we think.

Paladin1aa
October 5th, 2019, 07:40 PM
I’m telling you - the coaches are gutless. Waid will be redshirted even though he is the best. To play him chases off a backup ( Craycraft), Mays graduates and you are left with walkon backups and whoever you can get to come backup a Frosh starter for years.

Lorne_Malvo
October 5th, 2019, 07:43 PM
I'm not sure what to think of the Missouri Valley football conference after today. Holy crapp it's NDSU then UNI of course, but the rest of the teams looked beatable. We may see Waid sooner than we think.

You mean NDSU then SDSU then UNI.

ysubigred
October 5th, 2019, 07:46 PM
You mean NDSU then SDSU then UNI.Unless SIU is better than I think. I think UNI is better. RU sick of winning yet [emoji57]

Lorne_Malvo
October 5th, 2019, 08:56 PM
Unless SIU is better than I think. I think UNI is better. RU sick of winning yet [emoji57]

Nevah!!!!

ysubigred
October 5th, 2019, 09:27 PM
Nevah!!!!LOL I wouldn't be either [emoji106]

clenz
October 5th, 2019, 09:35 PM
.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20191006/c133b4f856b293bf420f93abc6eb0f72.jpg

JayJ79
October 5th, 2019, 10:34 PM
the last 6 minutes of first half gametime are my favorite part of the game, as I don't have to cringe through the band blaring while the UNI offense has the ball.

that guy
October 5th, 2019, 11:26 PM
.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20191006/c133b4f856b293bf420f93abc6eb0f72.jpg

Nice cinder blocks, could at least paint them.

Professor Chaos
October 5th, 2019, 11:42 PM
Nice cinder blocks, could at least paint them.
Not enough paint left after the "Playoff participant" year list is done on the other endzone wall. xsmiley_wix

Lorne_Malvo
October 6th, 2019, 12:03 AM
I mean, if we are using wild over used generalizations that's what Youngstown has

Completely unrelated but from the Panther board. Ah the memories.

Look people its funny - (check post dates)

https://www.panthernation.com/forum/specific-sports-topic-forums/panther-football/13241-now-that-the-dust-has-settled-reviews-of-ndsu-as-a-mvfc-opponent

ursus arctos horribilis
October 6th, 2019, 12:44 AM
Wow you sharp knifes really pick up on silly college kids in graphic arts mistakes. Keep up the keen sense of realism xlmaox

There ain't a real mofo alive that has ever done one ounce of real work that doesn't know "knee high by the 4th of July" homey. So they gotta up they game.

realism hasthtaggy. xlolx

grayghost06
October 6th, 2019, 01:57 AM
Mad Pelini is coming out!

As a lifelong Husker fan, I know this scenario only too well

ysubigred
October 6th, 2019, 09:05 AM
There ain't a real mofo alive that has ever done one ounce of real work that doesn't know "knee high by the 4th of July" homey. So they gotta up they game.

realism hasthtaggy. xlolxUmm obviously those kids. #brightestbulbinthebox

ysubigred
October 6th, 2019, 09:08 AM
As a lifelong Husker fan, I know this scenario only too well

...31148How many games have the corn shuckers won since he left? I thought so. Keep throwing the streamers son. [emoji57]

grayghost06
October 6th, 2019, 10:03 AM
How many games have the corn shuckers won since he left? I thought so. Keep throwing the streamers son. [emoji57]

Your kidding right?

No Husker fan worth his salt would have advocated for keeping Bo as head coach (D-Coordinator would be a different story). He was not able to compete w/ the top teams in his last few years- all w/ his recruits. Who knew that the idiot AD would hire Mike Riley as the replacement.

I liked Bo until he had his meltdown on the fans in his last year. And the players love him. I actually fear for his health though. The blood vessels popping from his neck & head and the spewing of spit when he yells. He's a ticking time bomb.
And yes, I'll keep throwing the streamers. Got to do it 4 times against you guys in 2017. Payback for the Marcus Mason game xsmiley_wix See you in the playoffs

ysubigred
October 6th, 2019, 10:12 AM
Your kidding right?

No Husker fan worth his salt would have advocated for keeping Bo as head coach (D-Coordinator would be a different story). He was not able to compete w/ the top teams in his last few years- all w/ his recruits. Who knew that the idiot AD would hire Mike Riley as the replacement.

I liked Bo until he had his meltdown on the fans in his last year. And the players love him. I actually fear for his health though. The blood vessels popping from his neck & head and the spewing of spit when he yells. He's a ticking time bomb.
And yes, I'll keep throwing the streamers. Got to do it 4 times against you guys in 2017. Payback for the Marcus Mason game xsmiley_wix See you in the playoffsFair enough. Bo is a great guy and loves his kids. His temper is his weakness. Hope we make it to the playoffs. Listening to a few of the experts YSU may not win another game this year.

Streamers,,,, kind or fruity but I don't judge [emoji3060]

ST_Lawson
October 6th, 2019, 10:23 AM
Listening to a few of the experts YSU may not win another game this year.

Nope, that's our job.

penguinpower
October 6th, 2019, 11:14 AM
Your kidding right?

And yes, I'll keep throwing the streamers. Got to do it 4 times against you guys in 2017. Payback for the Marcus Mason game xsmiley_wix See you in the playoffs

I'm not defending Bo but Nebrasky ****ed up when they hire Eichorst. That was the real failure. That hire was totally inept. That ass clown never did **** anywhere. Miami was happy to dispose of him. Pelini was frustrated by lack of support. Eventhough he hates the media etc he is well liked by the players and he is happy coaching at a place that gives him as much support as possible within the athletics department. If you think Eichorst wasnt the real problem then you dont have a clue.

grayghost06
October 6th, 2019, 11:31 AM
I'm not defending Bo but Nebrasky ****ed up when they hire Eichorst. That was the real failure. That hire was totally inept. That ass clown never did **** anywhere. Miami was happy to dispose of him. Pelini was frustrated by lack of support. Eventhough he hates the media etc he is well liked by the players and he is happy coaching at a place that gives him as much support as possible within the athletics department. If you think Eichorst wasnt the real problem then you dont have a clue.

I'll assume that when you say "you", you mean Nebraska fans in general. I'm extremely well versed in the entirety of the program and have been since 1972. But yes, Eichorst was a pinhead.

uni88
October 6th, 2019, 11:58 AM
I'll assume that when you say "you", you mean Nebraska fans in general. I'm extremely well versed in the entirety of the program and have been since 1972. But yes, Eichorst was a pinhead.Since we're talking about Nebraska on a UNI/YSU thread, what do you think of Frost and his staff?

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

grayghost06
October 6th, 2019, 01:11 PM
Since we're talking about Nebraska on a UNI/YSU thread, what do you think of Frost and his staff?

Sorry, didn't intend to derail the thread. Just thought the cat pic was funny in relation to the volcanic eruptions.
I think Frost was a very good hire. He wants to be there. Wasn't thrilled with him bringing so many defensive coaches from UCF though. Fans need to be realistic on the "progress". Most automatically had them going from 4-8 to 8-4 in one year. I'll take being competitive w/ the good teams over a wins/losses ledger for this year. When Frost & staff start inking some 4 star offensive & defensive lineman, I'll know they've turned the recruiting corner. Frost can coach up WRs and RBs.

uni88
October 6th, 2019, 01:30 PM
Sorry, didn't intend to derail the thread. Just thought the cat pic was funny in relation to the volcanic eruptions.
I think Frost was a very good hire. He wants to be there. Wasn't thrilled with him bringing so many defensive coaches from UCF though. Fans need to be realistic on the "progress". Most automatically had them going from 4-8 to 8-4 in one year. I'll take being competitive w/ the good teams over a wins/losses ledger for this year. When Frost & staff start inking some 4 star offensive & defensive lineman, I'll know they've turned the recruiting corner. Frost can coach up WRs and RBs.It was actually something of a relevant derail. Check the connections between Frost and his staff to UNI.

BeamMeUp
October 7th, 2019, 09:47 PM
Hate to beat a dead horse, but wanted to add some thoughts on this contest...

Overall both teams have solid defenses. However, the difference IMHO was UNI's defense was clearly better on the rush defense side of things and overall they gave up fewer big 3rd and long plays compared with YSU. That was the difference in the game, especially with how poorly YSU's defense performed in the 1st half...
YSU made some decent adjustments coming out of half which is not something they are notorious for. The adjustments enabled them to have an opportunity to win the football game, but at the very least tie it up and send it to OT. [Think missed FG after the refs vacated a targeting call against UNI and then the dropped TD pass in the 4th quarter to Emans].
If YSU wants to stop having the role of "pretender" and get the respect they are seeking in becoming a "contender", the moral victories need to end and the victories in the W column need to start. That was a winnable game on the road against a legitimate Top 15 team and they simply did not come out ready to play in the 1st half and it cost them. In many ways UNI can say the same thing about their performance against Weber State. Played very poorly in the 1st half and completely shut down Weber State in the 2nd half... but guess what, the football game isn't 30 minutes, it is 60 minutes.
With Mays clearly out this week, a lot of pressure is now on Joe Craycraft who will start against an elite Top 5 team at home under the lights. YSU has a defense that will keep them in virtually (hedging SDSU/NDSU fans) every game on their schedule. If YSU wants to win this week vs the Rabbits, they need to play like they did 2-years ago where they won 19-7 over SDSU and completely and utterly dominated the TOP. They need to give Craycraft the ability to make passes that he is capable of making and they need a MUCH better performance from their OL this week. If they do that and control the TOP, they have a chance. However, they must play to their abilities a full 60-minutes!
UNI is tough, I am not sure they win on the road in Fargo, but I see them making the playoffs. If they have an off-week offensively though the rest of the way, they could be susceptible to an upset as that "O" seems to be their weakness this year. Defense is stout!

JayJ79
October 7th, 2019, 10:34 PM
after the refs vacated a targeting call against UNI
didn't look like targeting to me on the replay shown on the videoboard.
There were other hits in the game that seemed much closer to targeting that that hit, but none of those others were called.

ysubigred
October 8th, 2019, 07:48 AM
didn't look like targeting to me on the replay shown on the videoboard.
There were other hits in the game that seemed much closer to targeting that that hit, but none of those others were called.

Involved the QB. Usually has way more attention. Weirdly enough YSU's DE gets a targeting call for drilling a QB in the chest but no calls for hits on YSU's QB, in defense of the ref our QB was running the ball.

The one I think they blew was the late hit out of bounds on the YSU punt returner.

clenz
October 8th, 2019, 08:04 AM
Involved the QB. Usually has way more attention. Weirdly enough YSU's DE gets a targeting call for drilling a QB in the chest but no calls for hits on YSU's QB, in defense of the ref our QB was running the ball.

The one I think they blew was the late hit out of bounds on the YSU punt returner.
I was shocked to see that targeting over turned.

But there was 2 targeting calls in the first half against YSU that weren't even flagged for review.

I also have no idea what missed late hit you're talking about.

ysubigred
October 8th, 2019, 08:14 AM
I was shocked to see that targeting over turned.

But there was 2 targeting calls in the first half against YSU that weren't even flagged for review.

I also have no idea what missed late hit you're talking about.

The punt return about a 15-20 yard return second QTR I think.

I'm not a big fan of the targeting thing. I played quite a few years and had my face mask broken a few times. I see the need but it needs to be a little more a objective. Maybe like the roughing the kicker penalties 5 or 15?