PDA

View Full Version : Poll and discussion: Jacksonville State @ Austin Peay

mvfcfan
September 25th, 2019, 07:06 PM
I don't know about everyone else, but I am pretty excited about this game. In my M/OVC Top 19 rankings, JSU is the top team in the OVC, while APSU is currently second in the OVC. This is a chance for JSU to show that they are still the team to beat in the OVC, while APSU could really open some eyes with a win and show that they are going to be a conference title contender this season. The game is in Clarksville, TN, so APSU will have home field advantage.

My prediction: JSU by 10
I think the game stays close for most of the game, but I still think JSU is the better team and should be able to win this one. However if APSU made the upset I wouldn't be surprised either.

Thoughts?

ElCid
September 25th, 2019, 09:24 PM
Pretty sure JSU wins by a bunch. But who knows. There have been more than one eye openers this year.

JSUSoutherner
September 25th, 2019, 10:06 PM
We take an L in this one because we are on the road, will play with no urgency, and won't be able to run the ball.

PaladinFan
September 26th, 2019, 06:46 AM
I think JSU wins by a few scores.

I watched APSU against Mercer. The Gov's play a lot of man coverage and are strong against the run. The offense is nothing special. If JSU can force them out of their defensive comfort zone, I think they'll win easily.

Mocs123
September 26th, 2019, 07:53 AM
I think JSU's big wideout's will cause APSU's secondary problems. JSU wins by 10.

SU DOG
September 26th, 2019, 08:39 AM
JSU probably won't have to run the ball to get this win. Their athleticiam will be too much for the Govs. Z Cooper and those huge WRs can strike from anywhere at any time. If Bridges is back, that defense secondary is really scary. Now, I do think that the O-Line and D-Line of the Gamecocks may be a little below what they need to get deep into the Playoffs. I think injuries have probably made that issue worse. I'm certainly no expert on JSU football - just my long range observations, but they obviously do have some superior athletes. The only question that I see for this game is: Will JSU help the Govs with penalties and undisciplined play? The line right now is JSU by 6 points.

gofurman
September 26th, 2019, 12:21 PM
I think JSU wins by a few scores.

I watched APSU against Mercer. The Gov's play a lot of man coverage and are strong against the run. The offense is nothing special. If JSU can force them out of their defensive comfort zone, I think they'll win easily.

JSU should win though AP seems to have a good run d.

Derby City Duke
September 26th, 2019, 02:18 PM
We take an L in this one because we are on the road, will play with no urgency, and won't be able to run the ball.

You either really detest your school's football team, or you are the biggest sandbagger in the South...trying to remember your last positive post about the Gamecocks, but I can't...

Bisonator
September 26th, 2019, 03:01 PM
You either really detest your school's football team, or you are the biggest sandbagger in the South...trying to remember your last positive post about the Gamecocks, but I can't...
It was right before they got stomped be SELA in the first game.;)

CockyGeek
September 26th, 2019, 06:47 PM
Home field at APSU is worthless. JSU has won 12 straight and all by a couple of scores. I don't think this is the year they turn it around. I am glad for the continued success of their program (no longer being a dumpster fire), but I don't see this one being competitive.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

BEAR
September 27th, 2019, 02:36 PM
Wear down their defense and by the fourth quarter its easy scoring! xsmiley_wixxlolx

JSUSoutherner
September 28th, 2019, 03:00 PM

xcoffeex

Daytripper
September 28th, 2019, 03:07 PM
JSU looks out of sorts.

JSUSoutherner
September 28th, 2019, 03:09 PM
JSU looks out of sorts.

You mean "Austin Peay plays defense and we have no idea what to do because they are stopping our only 3 plays"?

Yeah.

Daytripper
September 28th, 2019, 03:27 PM
Gamecock players don't care. At least that is what it looks like.

JSUSoutherner
September 28th, 2019, 03:29 PM
Gamecock players don't care. At least that is what it looks like.

Yup.

Mike296
September 28th, 2019, 03:32 PM
I had a gut feeling something like this might happen

CockyGeek
September 28th, 2019, 03:32 PM
Good win, Peay. Long time coming.

CockyGeek
September 28th, 2019, 03:40 PM
Austin Peay got an onside kick up 31-7. That's something else.

JSUSoutherner
September 28th, 2019, 03:56 PM
I had a gut feeling something like this might happen

I mean are you really surprised?

I'm not.

Prime Power
September 28th, 2019, 04:13 PM
Home field at APSU is worthless. JSU has won 12 straight and all by a couple of scores. I don't think this is the year they turn it around. I am glad for the continued success of their program (no longer being a dumpster fire), but I don't see this one being competitive.

You were right, not competitive at all.

Lorne_Malvo
September 28th, 2019, 04:18 PM

Sorry man, its still a dumpster fire.

POD Knows
September 28th, 2019, 04:20 PM
JFC, way to show up JSU.

Daytripper
September 28th, 2019, 04:21 PM
WTF?....That was pathetic.

Catatonic
September 28th, 2019, 04:23 PM
That UCA win over APSU is making the Bears look good about now.

JSUSoutherner
September 28th, 2019, 04:25 PM
JFC, way to show up JSU.

I tried to warn you.

CockyGeek
September 28th, 2019, 04:26 PM
Go for 70

POD Knows
September 28th, 2019, 04:27 PM
I tried to warn you.Yea, I know. JSU is impossible to gauge week to week, you never know who or what is going to show up. Watched some of this game, AP looks pretty decent.

JSUSoutherner
September 28th, 2019, 04:28 PM
AP looks pretty decent.
I have been saying this all season.

Schism55
September 28th, 2019, 04:31 PM
45-7, good ****ing grief Cocky xeyebrowx

CockyGeek
September 28th, 2019, 04:31 PM
Our last four losses have been straight up blowouts.

Daytripper
September 28th, 2019, 04:39 PM
Cooper's body language is concerning.

JSUSoutherner
September 28th, 2019, 04:41 PM
Cooper's body language is concerning.

It's not just Cooper.

Bison56
September 28th, 2019, 04:42 PM
Wow was out closing up the lake place, checking the score needless to say I am a bit shocked. I guess Southerner was right in the L.

PaladinFan
September 28th, 2019, 04:47 PM
I'm not sure I can predict much in the FCS this year.

VMI > ETSU > APSU > JSU

cx500d
September 28th, 2019, 05:02 PM
JSU is a dumpster fire

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

centennial
September 28th, 2019, 05:04 PM
Coach needs to get fired.

Professor Chaos
September 28th, 2019, 05:05 PM
Announcers talking about how JSU will see similar caliber defenses to Austin Peay in the playoffs.

Don't count your chickens fellas...

<insert Jim Mora meme>

gofurman
September 28th, 2019, 05:06 PM
I'm not sure I can predict much in the FCS this year.

VMI > ETSU > APSU > JSU

I thought same thing..

Robert Morris > VMI > ETSU > AP > JSU

Any given Saturday

At least a little SMALL boost for SoCon that APy could win OVC... and Mercer and ETSU (mid-tier SoCon) split games w possibly the OVC champion

POD Knows
September 28th, 2019, 05:12 PM
AP appears to be completely capable of chocking this thing away.

JSUSoutherner
September 28th, 2019, 05:14 PM
AP appears to be completely capable of chocking this thing away.

Are you high?

POD Knows
September 28th, 2019, 05:20 PM
Are you high?Here is how this works, I called out JSU a while back, they have now scored back to back TD's, now I called out AP, watch what happens. I control the universe and the only thing I am high on is my uncanny ability to control the action. :D

Daytripper
September 28th, 2019, 05:26 PM
Here is how this works, I called out JSU a while back, they have now scored back to back TD's, now I called out AP, watch what happens. I control the universe and the only thing I am high on is my uncanny ability to control the action. :D

https://media.giphy.com/media/bKnEnd65zqxfq/giphy.gif

POD Knows
September 28th, 2019, 05:30 PM
https://media.giphy.com/media/bKnEnd65zqxfq/giphy.gifNot a problem, it is done. You are welcome

CockyGeek
September 28th, 2019, 06:21 PM
Announcers talking about how JSU will see similar caliber defenses to Austin Peay in the playoffs.

Don't count your chickens fellas...

<insert Jim Mora meme>Those announcers have nothing to do with JSU. I'm guessing they're APSU or random hires. Terrible announcers, though.

dgtw
September 28th, 2019, 06:39 PM
Those announcers have nothing to do with JSU. I'm guessing they're APSU or random hires. Terrible announcers, though.

The ESPN Minus broadcasts use local talent.

SonuvaHenx2
September 28th, 2019, 06:50 PM
The ESPN Minus broadcasts use local "talent".

FYP xpeacex

Scrappy94
September 28th, 2019, 07:17 PM

BEAR
September 28th, 2019, 07:19 PM
52-33?

What happened to JSU? APSU is a good team but give them 52? Good grief!

Cocky
September 28th, 2019, 10:02 PM
52-33?

What happened to JSU? APSU is a good team but give them 52? Good grief!

We are not very good. Defense is terrible. DC wasnt ready for the job. Plus more issues. More to come stay tuned.

Mike296
September 28th, 2019, 11:15 PM
We are not very good. Defense is terrible. DC wasnt ready for the job. Plus more issues. More to come stay tuned.

If we can actually win the tight ball games this year we could win the conference. Won’t win a Playoff game but I think it’s either us or SEMO this year winning the OVC unless JSU pulls a miracle.

jsualumnus
September 28th, 2019, 11:50 PM
JSU is a dumpster fire

Freaking spot on, dude! I mean, holy ****, I don’t know what we doing this year. It starts with the coaching and trickles on down. Grass is in over his head with this talent that we’re SUPPOSED to have, but we’ll never do anything about it. We suck right now...

Derby City Duke
September 29th, 2019, 10:37 PM
JSU just gave up on the running game.
Cooper rarely looked comfortable in the pocket
JSU didn't tackle very well

What were the refs smoking on the onside kick call -- maybe I fast forwarded through a clear recovery by APSU -- to take the ball away from JSU

Congratulations to APSU on the win