PDA

View Full Version : FCS Podcasts

Roamingriz
September 24th, 2019, 08:29 PM
Being a big fcs nerd on a board full of fcs nerds I was wondering what you all check out for podcasts to keep up on things. I use Stitcher and for whatever reason the FCS Wedge doesn't show up on there this year, but it's still a must of course ;-) I also check out the Hero Sports podcast, this year called B-Mac & Herd's FCS podcast and FCS Nation. What about you?

Roamingriz
September 24th, 2019, 08:35 PM
And I forgot the latest addition, Montana Mint Sports which is really one channel that hosts three podcasts, one Griz centered, one Bozeman Tomcats-centric, and one all around Big Sky featuring radio people, beat writers, and podcasters from different teams each week

ursus arctos horribilis
September 24th, 2019, 08:57 PM
Being a big fcs nerd on a board full of fcs nerds I was wondering what you all check out for podcasts to keep up on things. I use Stitcher and for whatever reason the FCS Wedge doesn't show up on there this year, but it's still a must of course ;-) I also check out the Hero Sports podcast, this year called B-Mac & Herd's FCS podcast and FCS Nation. What about you?

I used to use Stitcher for the last few years. I set it all up there and several other places by going in and grabbing rss feed etc. and applying to the accounts I had set up and all of that as a broadcaster. In other words I put in a good deal of work but it worked out so that I had the podcast on the main sources for people so I was happy with it all. Then all the sudden this year it just stops working. I looked quickly to see what the problem was but I was sort of pissed off that everything that used to work suddenly did not.

Then clenz mentioned this:
https://podcasts.google.com/?feed=aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuYmxvZ3RhbGtyYWRpby5jb20vdGhl LWZjcy13ZWRnZS9wb2RjYXN0

You know what I had to do to have that work...better than what I had on Stitcher? Nothing, I did zero and it just works and is a better setup in my opinion for podcast that I like to listen to. I may go back and spend more time on it but I doubt it. Google podcasts doesn't ad any ads (so far at least) to what is put up there and I think the player and layout is superior anyway. So short answer, I use Google podcast now. xlolx

I do listen to Hero once in a while and I am going to go give your other suggestions a shot. A couple of other members are doing a good job on an MVFC cast now too but I'll let the B team come in and direct you to those.

Roamingriz
September 25th, 2019, 10:29 AM
I haven't been sold on Stitcher for a while, and yeah those ads.... They sound like a pain to deal with to boot. Just checked out the Google podcast and so far so good, it is straight forward. Thanks for the heads up!

ursus arctos horribilis
September 25th, 2019, 12:22 PM
I haven't been sold on Stitcher for a while, and yeah those ads.... They sound like a pain to deal with to boot. Just checked out the Google podcast and so far so good, it is straight forward. Thanks for the heads up!

Same thing I liked about it was just the simplicity and clean look of it.

CappinHard
September 25th, 2019, 01:18 PM

If you're craving some MVFC talk, Thumper and I put out an episode each week on the Splitting Hares podcast by Jackrabbit Illustrated. We're on Spotify, Apple, Anchor, and a few others. A Jacks-centric episode comes out usually on Monday from Matt (Jackrabbit Illustrated founder) and Kyle (former Jacks football player), then on Wednesday Thumper (Brendan) and myself (Ben) put one out that recaps the Jacks game shortly, but also recaps the MVFC matchups and other notable FCS games, and previews the upcoming weeks games. Plus if you're the gambling type, we have a segment on there called 'Fade Brendan, get rich', where we make picks against the spread for all the MVFC games and a few other FCS matchups.

https://anchor.fm/jackrabbit-illstrtd/episodes/SUU-and-the-Slackoff-St-Purple-Dragons-e5el8j

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/splitting-hares-by-jackrabbit-illustrated/id1476553878

Preferred Walk-On
September 25th, 2019, 01:27 PM
If you're craving some MVFC talk, Thumper and I put out an episode each week on the Splitting Hares podcast by Jackrabbit Illustrated. We're on Spotify, Apple, Anchor, and a few others. A Jacks-centric episode comes out usually on Monday from Matt (Jackrabbit Illustrated founder) and Kyle (former Jacks football player), then on Wednesday Thumper (Brendan) and myself (Ben) put one out that recaps the Jacks game shortly, but also recaps the MVFC matchups and other notable FCS games, and previews the upcoming weeks games. Plus if you're the gambling type, we have a segment on there called 'Fade Brendan, get rich', where we make picks against the spread for all the MVFC games and a few other FCS matchups.

https://anchor.fm/jackrabbit-illstrtd/episodes/SUU-and-the-Slackoff-St-Purple-Dragons-e5el8j

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/splitting-hares-by-jackrabbit-illustrated/id1476553878

Just subscribed. Thanks a bunch.

Preferred Walk-On
September 25th, 2019, 01:30 PM
And I forgot the latest addition, Montana Mint Sports which is really one channel that hosts three podcasts, one Griz centered, one Bozeman Tomcats-centric, and one all around Big Sky featuring radio people, beat writers, and podcasters from different teams each week

Subscribed. Looking forward to the Big Sky info.

Kemo
September 25th, 2019, 01:36 PM

I highly recommend this podcast. At times you almost think they're not the "B" team. :)

MayorOfHenTown
September 25th, 2019, 03:13 PM
I also like to listen to the Bleav in FCS Football podcast with Joe DeLeone and Sean Anderson, two current URI football players who have started an up and coming FCS podcast show. They are pretty fun guys to listen to and can't wait to see what they do after their senior season this year. I would recommend it to people. I used to listen to the YAC Podcast that the CAA put out but it hasn't had anything on there in 2 years. Wish they would start that up again.

Roamingriz
September 25th, 2019, 10:46 PM
Can be hard to come by other conference podcasts with a search, well FCS podcasts in general just googling

Roamingriz
September 25th, 2019, 10:48 PM
Appreciate the suggestions, spend a lot of time on the road with plenty of time listening to podcasts to mix it up with the radio, I'll check them out

Thumper 76
September 26th, 2019, 10:09 AM
I highly recommend this podcast. At times you almost think they're not the "B" team. :)

If you listen to my editing before Ursus gave me an assist, it would beg to differ xlolx

Thank you though, we appreciate anyone who listens.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

catbob
September 27th, 2019, 05:36 PM

Which podcast from the Mint is MSU centered? They do the GrizFanPod which is obviously 100% Griz, and then the Montana Mint Sports Pod which is equally Griz and Cats.

ASU33
September 27th, 2019, 06:22 PM
The HBCU Gameday podcast on Sound Cloud
The Carlos Brown Show on Spreaker.com

Roamingriz
September 28th, 2019, 01:40 AM
To be correct one is hosted by a griz guy and a cat guy, but Hot Take Nate bullys the mic and Bear Tycoon like the cat d bullying the griz o at the goal line last year at wa-griz

kalm
September 28th, 2019, 07:16 AM
Apple podcast app is all I've ever used for downloadable/subscribeables. Never needed anything else. Otherwise, I listen directly from the website.

jmu007
September 28th, 2019, 07:27 AM
I realize these will both be JMU centered, but they both do a really good job and are enjoyable listens..

JMUSportsBlog Podcast
Greg Madia's Walkthrough Podcast

Both are available via Apple Podcast. I use it as my sole source unless I'm going directly to a link via Soundcloud so I don't know if it's on other podcast apps or not.

Personally, I listen to those plus FCS Fans Nations and Hero Sports Brian + Mac pod.

catbob
October 1st, 2019, 12:40 PM
I'll go ahead and plug our podcast the "R&R Cat Cast", which is if you can't guess centered on Montana State. Not much there for you if you aren't an MSU fan, unless you are a team we are going to play or just have played since we'll be talking about you a bit in that capacity.

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/r-r-cat-cast-a-montana-state-bobcat-fan-podcast/id1436646868

Catbooster
October 1st, 2019, 01:58 PM
I listen to several of the podcasts listed. The Wedge is definitely the best I've heard for the FCS nationally. You guys do a great job. I'm partial to shorter podcasts, as I don't always have an hour or more to listen. Breaking it up into a review show and a preview show is great.

One I haven't seen mentioned above is FCS Fans Nation for national FCS.

I've listened to Montana Mint since they started, I think. It's generally entertaining, although I think they ramble at times (it could be shortened up). I'd say the Griz fan is a little quiet at times, so I can see why you'd think it's more Cat centered.

I like the new Montana Mint show that has people from multiple Big Sky teams and is a general Big Sky podcast.

I've listened to the Montana Mint Griz Fan podcast several times. I'm not a big fan of it. I'm always interested in what's going on with the Griz, but geez, it's long and drags out. I just deleted the latest download when I saw it was 2 hr and 20 min long. That's an awful long time to review last week's game and preview next week's. At this rate, their show will last as long as the game in a few weeks. I'm obviously not their target audience. The podcast style is more like 4 or 5 fans sitting around BS'ing about the games and team (who wants to listen to griz fans that long xrolleyesx).

In addition to some mentioned by others, I listen to some of the Tootell and Nuanez podcasts (Montana schools and some BigSky), BigSky breakdowns (Montana schools), and Bobcat Insider.

ursus arctos horribilis
October 1st, 2019, 03:43 PM
I listen to several of the podcasts listed. The Wedge is definitely the best I've heard for the FCS nationally. You guys do a great job. I'm partial to shorter podcasts, as I don't always have an hour or more to listen. Breaking it up into a review show and a preview show is great.

I've listened to Montana Mint since they started, I think. It's generally entertaining, although I think they ramble at times (it could be shortened up). I'd say the Griz fan is a little quiet at times, so I can see why you'd think it's more Cat centered.

I like the new Montana Mint show that has people from multiple Big Sky teams and is a general Big Sky podcast.

I've listened to the Montana Mint Griz Fan podcast several times. I'm not a big fan of it. I'm always interested in what's going on with the Griz, but geez, it's long and drags out. I just deleted the latest download when I saw it was 2 hr and 20 min long. That's an awful long time to review last week's game and preview next week's. At this rate, their show will last as long as the game in a few weeks. I'm obviously not their target audience. The podcast style is more like 4 or 5 fans sitting around BS'ing about the games and team (who wants to listen to griz fans that long xrolleyesx).

In addition to some mentioned by others, I listen to some of the Tootell and Nuanez podcasts (Montana schools and some BigSky), BigSky breakdowns (Montana schools), and Bobcat Insider.

And ol' Lance didn't think I knew what I was talking about a few years back when I said "We're trimming this down to 20 to 3o minutes and making two shows out of it...BOOM.

BTW, another Griz podcast in the Inside The Den podcast and it looks to run about an hour usually.

https://podcasts.google.com/?feed=aHR0cHM6Ly9yc3MuYXJ0MTkuY29tL2luc2lkZS10aGUt ZGVu

catbob
October 4th, 2019, 02:58 PM

I know, I can't believe the GrizFanPod is average like 2 hour and 15 minutes so far this season. Who on earth listens to any podcast on any subject for that long?

I like to listen to opponent podcasts - Tubs at the Club for Idaho, GrizFanPod, but man they are both getting longer and longer. Tubs last two are over 1.5 hours as well. We try and keep ours under 45 minutes but don't succeed too often, but rarely go much over an hour.

nodak651
October 8th, 2019, 11:04 AM
Anyone have a run down of which days each of these tend to be released? Hero Sports, FCS Fans Nation, Wedge, Mint, etc?

ursus arctos horribilis
October 8th, 2019, 12:41 PM
The FCS Wedge goes up by 10a Mountain every Wednesday for the review show.

It goes up by 10a on Thursday for the preview show.

We have a special "Homer" show that will go up by 10a on Friday which is a bit more like the threads on AGS in tone that will go up Friday by 10a that has MTFan4life, kalm, & Thumper 76 on it.

I don't know if we are gonna do the 3rd one each week but the other two have been on that schedule for many years now and it will continue like that.

Roamingriz
October 8th, 2019, 05:21 PM
Anyone have a run down of which days each of these tend to be released? Hero Sports, FCS Fans Nation, Wedge, Mint, etc?

Hero sports comes on out on Tuesdays and usually drop a coach interview Tuesday or Wednesday. FCS Nation comes out unofficially on Fridays, available anywhere Saturday mornings. Mint has 3 release days, Grizfan podcast on Tuesdays, Big Sky Big Takes roundtable on Wednesdays, and Cat/Griz podcast on Thursdays.

Roamingriz
October 8th, 2019, 05:27 PM
The FCS Nation podcast is a different (but very good, comprehensive, well produced) podcast from the FCS Fans Nation podcast