PDA

View Full Version : Robert Morris @ Youngstown St.

Paladin1aa
September 24th, 2019, 09:45 AM
YSU should handle Robert Morris, going to 4-0. However, I suspect that Bozo will limit the play of the starters and play the backups and redshirts, getting a good look at them in game situations. He also wants to be healthy for UNI, next up.

The problem, of course, is not to look ahead to UNI while disregarding RMU. I still remember Butler from last year. While I expected them to win this game in preseason, I note YSU is playing better than I expected. The upgrade in late transfers and Jucos plus the return of former injured starters has moved YSU up several notches in talent.

Unless the backups falter, I’d look for a 42- 14 YSU win.

ysubigred
September 24th, 2019, 10:19 AM
YSU should handle Robert Morris, going to 4-0. However, I suspect that Bozo will limit the play of the starters and play the backups and redshirts, getting a good look at them in game situations. He also wants to be healthy for UNI, next up.

The problem, of course, is not to look ahead to UNI while disregarding RMU. I still remember Butler from last year. While I expected them to win this game in preseason, I note YSU is playing better than I expected. The upgrade in late transfers and Jucos plus the return of former injured starters has moved YSU up several notches in talent.

Unless the backups falter, I’d look for a 42- 14 YSU win.

I had this one penciled in at 63-0 BUT Bobby Morris is looking better than I though at the beginning of the year and I had them the worst of the 4 OOC games. This game will probably be a mirror image of the DU game. I'm looking for a cleaner game from the Guins keeping the penalties under 6 and less than 100 yards.

Paladin1aa
September 24th, 2019, 04:24 PM
Yep, I agree, Red. I also had RMU ranked the worst of the 4 OOC games in preseason. Still, you gotta play the game. This is the prep for opening the MVFC, so I’d expect a vanilla game and take no chances getting anyone hurt . They will play everyone and rest the starters after a light workout.

I also expect a workout for all 3 QBs. Keep an eye on the special teams. THAT has to be cleaner.

kdinva
September 24th, 2019, 07:58 PM
you gotta play the game. This is the prep for opening the MVFC,

Coaches looked at the VMI tape and told the team: "do the opposite of what VMI did"....

Paladin1aa
September 25th, 2019, 06:28 PM
This is the 4th game between RMU and YSU with the Guins winning all previous games. YSU last beat RMU in 2017 beating the Colonials 30-0, despite losing their starting QB in the first O series. YSU also won 38-6 in 2016 and 21-14 in 2015.

YSU will start everyone except DE Reed , who has 4.5 sacks in 3 games. He will play sparingly.

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 25th, 2019, 06:47 PM
YSU in a rout.

4-0 in the OOC was expected. Still in the playoff field with a .500 conference record IMO. But they will be better than .500 in conference play.

The Yo Show
September 25th, 2019, 08:29 PM
This is the 4th game between RMU and YSU with the Guins winning all previous games. YSU last beat RMU in 2017 beating the Colonials 30-0, despite losing their starting QB in the first O series. YSU also won 38-6 in 2016 and 21-14 in 2015.

YSU will start everyone except DE Reed , who has 4.5 sacks in 3 games. He will play sparingly.

DE Reed can't start until the second half anyway, due to the targeting call from last game

Paladin1aa
September 25th, 2019, 08:33 PM
You may be right, Bison Fan. I see them winning the 4 OOC games and WIU, SIU, USD and ISUb. 8 wins. But they are playing better than expected and they will be tough games for the rest of the league. Have injuries or a bad game and YSU might finish 9-3 or 10-2.

The YSU D is top notch this year. Let’s see if they can shut out RMU first.

The Yo Show
September 25th, 2019, 08:41 PM
YSU in a rout.

4-0 in the OOC was expected. Still in the playoff field with a .500 conference record IMO. But they will be better than .500 in conference play.

How do you figure? I really hope so, but the way I'm seeing things:
@ UNI - L We never play well at the UNI dome and UNI is good this year)
SD STATE @ YSU - L I would love to be pleasantly surprised but SD State has usually had our number and is good this year.
@ SIU - W Toss up could see this as a win, and really need it so we can put W here
WIU @ YSU - W WIU is having a bit of a down year, and this is at home. I think this is a win, but this is homecoming and we have a habit of losing homecoming games, so not a guarentee
NDSU @ YSU - L Even getting this game at home, don't think we win. I'll venture a guess and say we hang tough and get up for the bison, but doubt we win.
YSU @ SD - W SD hasn't had the best of starts, but has beaten us with bad teams before and this is at SD so..
YSU @ ISU(B) - W Toss up game could easily be a loss
ISU(R) @ YSU - L ISU(R) has had our number recently

So there's toss up games, and maybe we are better than I think but I don't see better than .500 in conference right now. If I get pleasantly surprised and we win a game or two I'm not expecting I will be more optimistic. Either way, I'll have a better idea after next weekend with the UNI game. If we play better than I'm expecting there maybe I'll change my mind. But really see this as .500 in conference and maybe not even that.

Paladin1aa
September 25th, 2019, 08:45 PM
Correct, Yo. I don’t see YSU playing Reed much the second half in what by then could be a meaningless game they should be winning handily. He will break a sweat and sit down for the backups and redshirts.

However, watch how they use all 3 QBs. Could be a look at the future.

ysubigred
September 25th, 2019, 09:40 PM
If the Guins clean up penalties, figure out punting failures and the QB situation gets better I don't see YSU finishing any worse than 9-3. Watching all the teams only NDSU is better. UNI, is problematic as usual just because [emoji51]. SDSU and ISU r is a toss up.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

F'N Hawks
September 26th, 2019, 08:11 AM
You may be right, Bison Fan. I see them winning the 4 OOC games and WIU, SIU, USD and ISUb. 8 wins. But they are playing better than expected and they will be tough games for the rest of the league. Have injuries or a bad game and YSU might finish 9-3 or 10-2.

The YSU D is top notch this year. Let’s see if they can shut out RMU first.

Do they even make the playoffs at 8-4 if those are the 4 conference wins?

ysubigred
September 26th, 2019, 09:16 AM
Do they even make the playoffs at 8-4 if those are the 4 conference wins?

It all depends on how well SDSU, ISU r and UNI does. NDSU is a given for the playoff's. In your scenario above YSU more than likely would be the 5th team in for the MVFC. I'm not going to assume anything YSU's wheels have flown off too many time's in late OCT ~ NOV. This team talent wise is capable of great things on paper but how well can the staff make it work in the games in the conference?

Paladin1aa
September 26th, 2019, 10:52 AM
Does YSU get in the playoffs with an 8-4 record ? Yes, they probably do. Duquesne probably wins the NEC and goes to the playoffs as an auto. YSU trounced them. Other than RMU, who I don’t see finishing with a winning record, the other YSU OOC wins are probably over teams with .500 or winning records. The MVFC as a league continues to dominate others and a league member finishing 8-4 will be looked at favorably. Not many teams will finish 8-4 or better.

There is also a chance YSU wins 9 games.

Penguin Nation
September 26th, 2019, 11:40 AM
Rapist University went 12-4 in 2013 and were denied the playoffs despite playing a BIG and an OVC team, rather than the the embarrassingly weak OOC schedule they have this year. Playoffs are likely with 8-4, especially with a -DSU win, but would not be surprised if the selection committee penalizes Rapist U for the gutless OOC schedule. Either way, donÂ’t see many scenarios for a deep run unless they have the dream bracket they had in 2016 and a ton of breaks.

Thumper 76
September 26th, 2019, 12:02 PM
Rapist University went 12-4 in 2013 and were denied the playoffs despite playing a BIG and an OVC team, rather than the the embarrassingly weak OOC schedule they have this year. Playoffs are likely with 8-4, especially with a -DSU win, but would not be surprised if the selection committee penalizes Rapist U for the gutless OOC schedule. Either way, donÂ’t see many scenarios for a deep run unless they have the dream bracket they had in 2016 and a ton of breaks.

If they end up leaving out a MVFC team with a 8-4 record it’s likely the team that only beat the bottom of the league and had no wins against UNI/ndsu/SDSU/ISUr. Get a win against one of those and I’d expect that would be enough to get them in. Go 4-4 with 4 wins against a combo of SIU/USeD/MSU/WIU/ISUb(without Boyle) only depending who YSU is missing in conference and 4 losses to the top of the league with a weak OOC you put yourself in a precarious situation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ysubigred
September 26th, 2019, 01:20 PM

Wow that 16 game schedule in 2013 was hard no wonder YSU did not make the playoff's! Keep up the good work troll you don't know your ass from a hole in the ground.

When are you changing teams? You're like the celebrities who said they were leaving the country "IF" Mr. Trump won the Presidency xlmaox

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 26th, 2019, 03:12 PM
How do you figure? I really hope so, but the way I'm seeing things:
@ UNI - L We never play well at the UNI dome and UNI is good this year)
SD STATE @ YSU - L I would love to be pleasantly surprised but SD State has usually had our number and is good this year.
@ SIU - W Toss up could see this as a win, and really need it so we can put W here
WIU @ YSU - W WIU is having a bit of a down year, and this is at home. I think this is a win, but this is homecoming and we have a habit of losing homecoming games, so not a guarentee
NDSU @ YSU - L Even getting this game at home, don't think we win. I'll venture a guess and say we hang tough and get up for the bison, but doubt we win.
YSU @ SD - W SD hasn't had the best of starts, but has beaten us with bad teams before and this is at SD so..
YSU @ ISU(B) - W Toss up game could easily be a loss
ISU(R) @ YSU - L ISU(R) has had our number recently

So there's toss up games, and maybe we are better than I think but I don't see better than .500 in conference right now. If I get pleasantly surprised and we win a game or two I'm not expecting I will be more optimistic. Either way, I'll have a better idea after next weekend with the UNI game. If we play better than I'm expecting there maybe I'll change my mind. But really see this as .500 in conference and maybe not even that.

NDSU
SDSU
Ill State

They are all at home and could win them all or lose them all. YSU always plays the Bison tough at home and winning that game is definitely possible. YSU beat SDSU at home in '17....kicked their butt. UNI will be a battle for sure but winnable. SIU, WIU, SD, ISUb.....no way.

The defense is tough as nails from highlights I've looked at so far....yes the competition is not the best but they are still very good.

IMO, it would take a huge collapse to not make the playoffs.

Penguin Nation
September 26th, 2019, 05:52 PM
Wow that 16 game schedule in 2013 was hard no wonder YSU did not make the playoff's! Keep up the good work troll you don't know your ass from a hole in the ground.

When are you changing teams? You're like the celebrities who said they were leaving the country "IF" Mr. Trump won the Presidency xlmaox

Should Rapist University replace the “Y” with “R”s on the helmets? xthumbsupx

Paladin1aa
September 27th, 2019, 10:42 AM
YSUs end season game with ISUr May decide who goes and who stays home for the playoffs.

ysubigred
September 27th, 2019, 12:34 PM
YSUs end season game with ISUr May decide who goes and who stays home for the playoffs.

Any surprises on the two deep?

ysubigred
September 27th, 2019, 12:36 PM

Just do that on your diploma and transcripts so you'll feel better about yourself.

xsalutex

Paladin1aa
September 27th, 2019, 01:34 PM
No big surprises on two deep, Red. It was known that Reed , a Florida transfer, will miss the first half due to targeting in the last game, so he wasn’t listed as the starter. I note, among others that RG has Douglas, the Tenn. Tech transfer, and Starks, a late Incoming Juco as the two deep. Without them there was a big hole there. Ditto the WVU transfer at C. Our starting RT is also a transfer. Jones, the late incoming transfer from Vandy at S. There is just a lot of holes you can see in the two deep that got fixed very late by Bozo with transfers and Jucos. Have I mentioned before he is a crappy H.S. Recruiter ? lol

Penguin Nation
September 27th, 2019, 07:38 PM
Just do that on your diploma and transcripts so you'll feel better about yourself.

xsalutex

Maybe the ones who somehow actually cheer for the rapist? How about a scholarship program at Scumbag U just for rapists? The more gruesome (like an all night gang rape, such as in Richmond’s case), the more you qualify?

ysubigred
September 27th, 2019, 08:36 PM
Maybe the ones who somehow actually cheer for the rapist? How about a scholarship program at Scumbag U just for rapists? The more gruesome (like an all night gang rape, such as in Richmond’s case), the more you qualify?Yawn. Like you said you was going to find a new team to troll. Do it I bet you don't have the balls. Actually if you're so disturbed about a 16 year old kid who did his time getting a chance in life confront him about it to his face I know you definitely don't have the ball's for that. Again you are beating a dead horse and you seem to be the only one still grinding an axe. This is my last words on this. Say what you wish you really look juvenile.

Penguin Nation
September 28th, 2019, 10:09 AM
FCOA if the defenseless girl wakes up stripped down nearly naked from her all night gang rape (in the location they relocated her to) with her rapists’ semen and urine on her? Like you said, we gotta help out these poor predators. Interesting that you chose “Big Red” as your username.

Paladin1aa
September 28th, 2019, 08:09 PM
YSU beats RMU 45-10. Pretty solid overall game in all phases. O was dominate, D shut them down and special teams lit it up with Coates breaking the school record for punt return yards including a 63 yd return for a TD. They cleared the bench playing a ton of guys all game long and we appeared to come out healthy as a scare with the C proved to be not a big deal. Now 4-0, it’s off to UNI next week.

ysubigred
September 28th, 2019, 08:16 PM
YSU beats RMU 45-10. Pretty solid overall game in all phases. O was dominate, D shut them down and special teams lit it up with Coates breaking the school record for punt return yards including a 63 yd return for a TD. They cleared the bench playing a ton of guys all game long and we appeared to come out healthy as a scare with the C proved to be not a big deal. Now 4-0, it’s off to UNI next week.Punter did well. 45 average and nailed Rob inside the 5. UNI is getting drilled 27-10 in the 2nd Qtr.

Paladin1aa
September 28th, 2019, 08:44 PM
I picked Weber St to beat UNI in this weeks MVFC picks. YSU should be able to play with UNI. All three phases of the game are clicking. Our QB isn’t great but can manage a game. RB by committee works and the OL is dominate. The D is for real. And now the kicking game is improved. YSU will be tough to beat.

ysubigred
September 28th, 2019, 08:51 PM
I picked Weber St to beat UNI in this weeks MVFC picks. YSU should be able to play with UNI. All three phases of the game are clicking. Our QB isn’t great but can manage a game. RB by committee works and the OL is dominate. The D is for real. And now the kicking game is improved. YSU will be tough to beat.Do you think sticking to one QB the whole game will serve the Guins better? If so who do you think the guy is? I'm leaning towards Mays.

Paladin1aa
September 28th, 2019, 09:08 PM
I’ve said this before - Mays isn’t very good as a passer. He is not a bad runner, but he is injury prone and he takes a lot of hits. Craycraft isn’t the answer. Mays can manage a game but YSU will have to depend on a run game and people will load the box on them. The Girard QB is a better choice but they want to redshirt him, not scare off Craycraft to transfer as Mays graduates and may have a problem recruiting another QB next year. All that’s left are walkons. Dicey situation.

ysubigred
September 28th, 2019, 09:20 PM
I’ve said this before - Mays isn’t very good as a passer. He is not a bad runner, but he is injury prone and he takes a lot of hits. Craycraft isn’t the answer. Mays can manage a game but YSU will have to depend on a run game and people will load the box on them. The Girard QB is a better choice but they want to redshirt him, not scare off Craycraft to transfer as Mays graduates and may have a problem recruiting another QB next year. All that’s left are walkons. Dicey situation.Not sure why you think Craycrafts transfer would scare recruits away. I don't think he'll go anywhere. Rumor has it Newton the QB for Howard is wanting an xfer would be nice but not sure he'd be a good fit.

Paladin1aa
September 28th, 2019, 09:31 PM
Look, I think they should be playing Waid as a Frosh. I think he is the best we have. But if they did, Craycraft would see no future here and transfer. A starting Frosh would also scare off incoming Frosh. Mays will graduate and behind him are walkons. Potentially, that would leave you with Waid, no Craycraft, no Mays and walkons QB and whatever you can scrape to come and potentially sit behind Waid for years. If they redshirt Waid, Craycraft might return to compete thinking he can win the job and be a backup giving you some experience behind Waid should he get hurt. Dicey situation. Believe me, Waid can run and Pass. But the coaches fear the above scenario so Waid gets redshirted.

ysubigred
September 28th, 2019, 09:38 PM
Look, I think they should be playing Waid as a Frosh. I think he is the best we have. But if they did, Craycraft would see no future here and transfer. A starting Frosh would also scare off incoming Frosh. Mays will graduate and behind him are walkons. Potentially, that would leave you with Waid, no Craycraft, no Mays and walkons QB and whatever you can scrape to come and potentially sit behind Waid for years. If they redshirt Waid, Craycraft might return to compete thinking he can win the job and be a backup giving you some experience behind Waid should he get hurt. Dicey situation. Believe me, Waid can run and Pass. But the coaches fear the above scenario so Waid gets redshirted.I agree with you 100% on Waid. I don't think Craycraft transfers if they pulled the trigger to start Waid my two cents. May's throws the ball the same speed no matter if it's 10 yds or 50 no touch at all can't believe he doesn't realize that.

penguinpower
September 29th, 2019, 06:09 AM

You're a homo.

ytownchief22
September 29th, 2019, 08:12 AM
If Jones is seriously hurt and out awhile, the offensive line play which has been good could struggle some.

Paladin1aa
September 29th, 2019, 09:23 AM
I would agree with that, Chief

ysubigred
September 29th, 2019, 10:36 AM
If Jones is seriously hurt and out awhile, the offensive line play which has been good could struggle some.You'll know before the rest of us, but it sounds minor injury to Jones. Center is the brains of the line.