PDA

View Full Version : ACU @ UIW (The Cats and the Birds.....)

Outsider1
September 23rd, 2019, 04:23 PM
UIW lost a couple of key players and the SLC is getting used to some of ya'lls schemes? Honestly I don't know for sure. UIW can still put a hurting on anyone, but I do think we have a better chance this year than last year to win if we don't make stupid penalities and we can get our special teams play in order....... I think our offense will be better on track this week. Does our secondary keep up?

https://abcbirds.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/threats_thumb_catandbird_Zanna-Holstova_SS.png

Daytripper
September 23rd, 2019, 04:26 PM
If UIW plays like they did against us, ACU will blow them out. I actually think UIW is better than what they showed in Huntsville.

Outsider1
September 23rd, 2019, 08:40 PM
If UIW plays like they did against us, ACU will blow them out. I actually think UIW is better than what they showed in Huntsville.

Their defense doesn't bother me. We will score. Do we do a better job of stopping them this year?

CappinHard
September 24th, 2019, 02:28 PM
How is ACU a 6.5 point dog in this one?

BEAR
September 24th, 2019, 02:33 PM
According to Massey ratings ACU is a 3 point favorite.

F'N Hawks
September 24th, 2019, 03:29 PM

It opened at 12.5!

Outsider1
September 24th, 2019, 04:15 PM
Doesn't Five Dimes have us as the favorite?

F'N Hawks
September 24th, 2019, 04:24 PM
Doesn't Five Dimes have us as the favorite?

Negative.

Outsider1
September 24th, 2019, 04:27 PM
Dangit.... will have to fix that!

McCowboys
September 24th, 2019, 05:07 PM
Outsider, did you set the poll up so others couldn't see how others voted? I always like to see the results.

Outsider1
September 24th, 2019, 07:06 PM
Outsider, did you set the poll up so others couldn't see how others voted? I always like to see the results.

I might have, but if I did I apologize. It was my first poll attempt. I know we can see the overall results but haven't tried to see who voted what.

McCowboys
September 25th, 2019, 09:21 AM
I might have, but if I did I apologize. It was my first poll attempt. I know we can see the overall results but haven't tried to see who voted what.

Yeah, I have done a couple of polls and am still messing up. Still learning. There is a check box to show the results you have to check when setting up the poll if you want others to see how people voted.

In this poll, that "one" person who voted for UIW (not me) may be the ony one who is correct, but it would be interesting to know what they think the reason is for a UIW victory.

Outsider1
September 25th, 2019, 09:35 AM
Yeah, I have done a couple of polls and am still messing up. Still learning. There is a check box to show the results you have to check when setting up the poll if you want others to see how people voted.

In this poll, that "one" person who voted for UIW (not me) may be the ony one who is correct, but it would be interesting to know what they think the reason is for a UIW victory.

If it is Spread the Word, he should vote for his team as a fan. The only way they will win is if they can consistently beat our secondary and we make too many special teams errors. Our tackling gets suspect at times in general, but I am more worried about our corners and safeties. They are improving but I want it faster.. xsmhx

SpreadTheWord
September 25th, 2019, 10:56 AM
If it is Spread the Word, he should vote for his team as a fan. The only way they will win is if they can consistently beat our secondary and we make too many special teams errors. Our tackling gets suspect at times in general, but I am more worried about our corners and safeties. They are improving but I want it faster.. xsmhx

Nope, wasn't me. As much as I want the Cards to knock off ACU again this year, I just don't see that happening. UIW hasn't shown me in 3 games this season that they're capable of playing at the high level they played at last year. I sincerely hope they figure it out before too much of the season is lost but I'm of the mindset that we're just not as good as we were last year.

Outsider1
September 25th, 2019, 11:20 AM
Nope, wasn't me. As much as I want the Cards to knock off ACU again this year, I just don't see that happening. UIW hasn't shown me in 3 games this season that they're capable of playing at the high level they played at last year. I sincerely hope they figure it out before too much of the season is lost but I'm of the mindset that we're just not as good as we were last year.

Bad fan, bad bad fan xsmiley_wix

Daytripper
September 25th, 2019, 01:10 PM
I think a Sam fan in the SLC pickem' thread picked UIW. Probably him that voted for them.

CappinHard
September 25th, 2019, 01:21 PM
It opened at 12.5!

wtf... Even Sagarin has ACU favored, and 5dimes usually follows that fairly closely.

BEAR
September 25th, 2019, 01:23 PM
Maybe ACU recruited more kickers to play other positions????? xeyebrowx

Outsider1
September 25th, 2019, 02:07 PM
[QUOTE=BEAR;2805110]Maybe ACU recruited more kickers to play other positions???

McCowboys
September 25th, 2019, 03:35 PM

I disagree! I have voted against McNeese in the polls the last two weeks. I thought you were to vote for who you thought was going to win, not who you wanted to win.

Outsider1
September 25th, 2019, 03:57 PM
If there is usually down to about a 40% chance of us winning I will vote for us. Anything beyond that I know reality just isn't on my side. McNeese had a DEFINITE shot against us last weekend. I feel better about a win against UIW than I did against the Cowboys, but it is still around that +/- 10% comfort zone of a 50/50 shot. I think Massey has us at a 57% chance of winning.

Katfan
September 25th, 2019, 04:45 PM
I think a Sam fan in the SLC pickem' thread picked UIW. Probably him that voted for them.
I did, and so does the money! Seriously I have no idea the outcome of the game. I do believe that it will be a very competitive game. I wouldn’t put to much in the score in our game. We benefited from hitting several long plays and timely penalties. It was a much needed win for us but we’re not as much better than them as the score might indicate. I think there’s a lot of parity this year in the SLC. It will be an interesting race to the finish.

Outsider1
September 25th, 2019, 04:59 PM
I think it will be a very interesting game Katfan, as well as an interesting season.

Outsider1
September 26th, 2019, 08:28 AM
With Billy out for the year, this will be our first game that we really work plays and strategies without him. He hasn't played that much in the last few games because of his shoulder and we have some good younger backs behind James and White. What we lose is the speed Billy brought. We are dynamic enough our production shouldn't drop too much but the last comparison I did for a single game was about minus 80 rushing yards without him.

BEAR
September 28th, 2019, 07:10 PM
Not looking good for ACU...

SpreadTheWord
September 28th, 2019, 07:44 PM
UIW's defense is playing exactly the opposite of how they played last week against Sam Houston.

BEAR
September 28th, 2019, 08:26 PM
Is this game televised or streamed?

BEAR
September 28th, 2019, 08:34 PM
Never mind found it in time to see UIW intercept it and run it back to the 10 or so.

BEAR
September 28th, 2019, 08:51 PM
Yikes.
UIW 29
ACU 17
7 min left

SpreadTheWord
September 28th, 2019, 09:28 PM
UIW 31 ACU 24 Final

BEAR
September 28th, 2019, 09:43 PM

like that. Dang what a pick by the gamblers....

Katfan
September 28th, 2019, 11:07 PM
like that. Dang what a pick by the gamblers....
Hey I picked it too, like I said UIW wasn’t as bad as the score in our game indicated

Outsider1
September 29th, 2019, 12:45 PM
UIW 31 ACU 24 Final

UIW planned, pepared and executed well; ACU didn't