September 23rd, 2019, 08:22 AM
This is always a great game.

Outsider1
September 23rd, 2019, 08:34 AM
This otta be interesting for sure.

McNeese75
September 23rd, 2019, 09:39 AM
This is always a great game.

If you REALLY want it to be great, sit Stewart this weekend :D Seems like he has been around for 10 years xlolx

Daytripper
September 23rd, 2019, 09:41 AM
If you REALLY want it to be great, sit Stewart this weekend :D Seems like he has been around for 10 years xlolx

During his freshman year I posted on Katfans that he would break every Sam Houston receiving record if he stayed healthy. I was right. He's been great for us. Hope he gets a chance at the next level.

BEAR
September 23rd, 2019, 09:57 AM
Sam appears to have a pretty good offense. McNeese has a pretty good defense. But I think the passing game of Sam will get enough completed passes to outscore McNeese.

Daytripper
September 23rd, 2019, 10:01 AM
Sam appears to have a pretty good offense. McNeese has a pretty good defense. But I think the passing game of Sam will get enough completed passes to outscore McNeese.

That aerial display (531 passing yards) v. UIW was a complete shock to everybody. We all assumed that Schmid, who is now the full time starter, was more of a runner than a passer. I'm still not completely sold on him though because he could have put up those numbers simply because the UIW defense is just bad. I don't know for sure, but we will find out Saturday.

McNeese72
September 23rd, 2019, 10:03 AM
I'm afraid it is going to get ugly Saturday night.

Doc

nodak651
September 23rd, 2019, 10:23 AM
I think SHSU is better than people think. UND shut down their offense, or at least slowed it down enough for SHSU fans to be upset, but even with playing NDSU, UND has some of the best defensive stats in the country. SHSU wins this one, and their offense clicks again.

McCowboys
September 23rd, 2019, 11:27 AM
Two games in a row I have to pick against my Cowboys! xbawlingx If all goes well, I will be in attendance. I hope I get to ring my cowbell a few times!

McNeese72
September 23rd, 2019, 12:27 PM
Two games in a row I have to pick against my Cowboys! xbawlingx If all goes well, I will be in attendance. I hope I get to ring my cowbell a few times!

Hell, I want to hear the canons go off a few times other than before the game and after the game. Don't want them rusting because of disuse.

Doc

McCowboys
September 23rd, 2019, 12:48 PM
Hell, I want to hear the canons go off a few times other than before the game and after the game. Don't want them rusting because of disuse.

Doc

xthumbsupx

Sammy94
September 23rd, 2019, 01:14 PM

In total offense Sam is 6th, the crazy thing is in total defense they are 23rd.

Daytripper
September 23rd, 2019, 01:22 PM
In total offense Sam is 6th, the crazy thing is in total defense they are 23rd.

That's a good recipe.

Daytripper
September 24th, 2019, 05:43 AM
Bump

Katfan
September 25th, 2019, 07:53 PM
I think he set the SLC receiving record for yards in a game in this game his freshman year

Katfan
September 25th, 2019, 07:54 PM
Not much interest in our game. I thought it would get a little more attention

Daytripper
September 26th, 2019, 05:59 AM
Not much interest in our game. I thought it would get a little more attention

I'm not really surprised. Two unranked teams.

McCowboys
September 26th, 2019, 07:30 AM
I think he set the SLC receiving record for yards in a game in this game his freshman year

Good article in the Huntsville Item: https://www.itemonline.com/sports/traditional-southland-powers-reunite-at-potential-turning-point/article_a08be352-e009-11e9-96fb-ab4085c1aa87.html

I know the Bearkat receivers are licking their chops. Could it be another Oklahoma State massacre for McNeese?

Outsider1
September 26th, 2019, 08:21 AM
Good article in the Huntsville Item: https://www.itemonline.com/sports/traditional-southland-powers-reunite-at-potential-turning-point/article_a08be352-e009-11e9-96fb-ab4085c1aa87.html

I know the Bearkat receivers are licking their chops. Could it be another Oklahoma State massacre for McNeese?

I don't see any massacres. Your defense is too good. Although we were able to barely beat you on a couple of receptions, you played our receivers pretty well. I see the Bearkats doing some of the same. I think they will be a little more productive than us offensively. Have you guys really not played since 2016?

McCowboys
September 26th, 2019, 08:29 AM
I don't see any massacres. Your defense is too good. Although we were able to barely beat you on a couple of receptions, you played our receivers pretty well. I see the Bearkats doing some of the same. I think they will be a little more productive than us offensively. Have you guys really not played since 2016?

Yes, the last game was at SHSU in 2016 due to how the SLC has team's skip an opponent every two years. McNeese did not play HBU its first two years and now the Cowboys will not face UIW for two years. I would go out on the limb and say that Bearkat and Cowboy fans are glad to be back on each other's schedules.

McCowboys
September 26th, 2019, 08:31 AM

With an offense that is near the bottom of the entire FCS in third down conversions, our defense wears out.

Outsider1
September 26th, 2019, 08:55 AM
With an offense that is near the bottom of the entire FCS in third down conversions, our defense wears out.

Yes, but you guys also still hang in there tough and don't quit.

McNeese72
September 26th, 2019, 03:56 PM
You want to see how our offense has been struggling? Look at our 3rd down coversion rate ranking.

Katfan
September 26th, 2019, 08:54 PM
Our defense has done pretty well on 3rd conversions so far.

Daytripper
September 27th, 2019, 01:41 PM
Our defense has done pretty well on 3rd conversions so far.

If our defense can maintain its early success, we can challenge for the conference title. I think the offense will be fine, but the D has been our downfall. Given their offensive struggles, I would like to see us do a good job of shutting down the Cowboys. Maybe hold them to a TD or two at most.

McNeese75
September 27th, 2019, 02:15 PM
If our defense can maintain its early success, we can challenge for the conference title. I think the offense will be fine, but the D has been our downfall. Given their offensive struggles, I would like to see us do a good job of shutting down the Cowboys. Maybe hold them to a TD or two at most.

xlolx We will probably hold ourselves to that unless the defense gets on a scoring tear.

BEAR
September 27th, 2019, 02:34 PM

I think your offense will have success against our D even though we have played some pretty tough teams. It was the easy passing that Hawaii had that worries me the most about SHSU...or any team that plays like that. If our offense starts off slow as it traditionally does, and our defense has issues stopping your pass game....you will walk out of Conway with a W. SLU is another team I'm worried about. The SLC is gonna be TOUGH this year. xbowx

Katfan
September 27th, 2019, 07:26 PM
I think your offense will have success against our D even though we have played some pretty tough teams. It was the easy passing that Hawaii had that worries me the most about SHSU...or any team that plays like that. If our offense starts off slow as it traditionally does, and our defense has issues stopping your pass game....you will walk out of Conway with a W. SLU is another team I'm worried about. The SLC is gonna be TOUGH this year. xbowx
Don’t give up big plays and you’ll shut us down. We've had trouble sustaining drives!

Daytripper
September 28th, 2019, 07:13 PM
McNeese 14 SHSU 7 Middle of second quarter. It's been a weird game. Our starting QB is out for the game, so our starter from last year (Brock) is in.

BEAR
September 28th, 2019, 07:14 PM
Sam defense not looking very good..

Neither team really getting anything going. Injuries to Sam QB is a big minus. Plus pass defense by both teams isn't very good.

Daytripper
September 28th, 2019, 07:54 PM
Sam defense not looking very good..

Neither team really getting anything going. Injuries to Sam QB is a big minus. Plus pass defense by both teams isn't very good.

I disagree. I think our defense is playing well. They are having to pick up the slack of all of those rain fumbles.

BEAR
September 28th, 2019, 08:14 PM
Sam 15
McNeese 14

Daytripper
September 28th, 2019, 08:16 PM
Sam 15
McNeese 14

We are hanging in there.

Schism55
September 28th, 2019, 09:24 PM
Nice win Sam xthumbsupx

Daytripper
September 28th, 2019, 09:26 PM
Nice win Sam xthumbsupx

We actually looked like a good team in the second half. Hope we can keep it up.

Serpentor
September 28th, 2019, 11:32 PM
Nice win Sam xthumbsupx

https://i.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/001/581/698/fe1.png

McCowboys
September 29th, 2019, 04:38 PM
Our defense wore out against an explosive Bearkat offense. If only we had some semblance of a rushing attack. I still do not understand why they continue to try to go right up the middle every time.

McNeese75
September 29th, 2019, 06:59 PM
Two dropped TD passes did not help the Pokes chances.

They could not cover Stewart (of course not many can) and that was the difference.

McCowboys
September 29th, 2019, 07:26 PM

This is a picture of the visitor's side. As I said, the Bearkat fans were spread out. There is a large group in the middle section, some wearing blue and some wearing orange. I thought maybe it was a mix of McNeese and Sam fans, but in retrospect that is probably not the case. Then there is a small group to the right of the McNeese band. The home side was just about filled up from what I could tell, and there were some fans on the berm in the north endzone and, of course, people in the sky boxes (like LSU Coach Orgeron) and the like.

McCowboys
September 29th, 2019, 07:56 PM
Two dropped TD passes did not help the Pokes chances.

They could not cover Stewart (of course not many can) and that was the difference.

And two missed field goals. Finally got one when we changed kickers. Too many points left on the field by the Cowboys.

Outsider1
September 30th, 2019, 08:57 AM
Our defense wore out against an explosive Bearkat offense. If only we had some semblance of a rushing attack. I still do not understand why they continue to try to go right up the middle every time.

Because it worked on us?

Sammy94
September 30th, 2019, 11:03 AM

This is a picture of the visitor's side. As I said, the Bearkat fans were spread out. There is a large group in the middle section, some wearing blue and some wearing orange. I thought maybe it was a mix of McNeese and Sam fans, but in retrospect that is probably not the case. Then there is a small group to the right of the McNeese band. The home side was just about filled up from what I could tell, and there were some fans on the berm in the north endzone and, of course, people in the sky boxes (like LSU Coach Orgeron) and the like.

The place looked empty on TV, why did McNeese change sides?

BEAR
September 30th, 2019, 11:37 AM

Yeah I don't get the whole T.V. or streaming had to be on the homeside issue. Yeah I get there are more electrical outlets and the media and stats people are there but isn't it 2019? I mean cameras are portable now. Head on over to the visitor side and show the homeside on tv. Geez. Much better look for FCS schools...

McCowboys
September 30th, 2019, 02:56 PM

Other Cowboy fans may correct me if I am wrong, but I think it was at the request of the new coach. No one really understood why the Cowboys were on that side to begin with. It is better for the visitors to sit on the sunny side and work on their tans.

Yes, poor optics by ESPN and whoever not to show the home side.

pokefan02
October 1st, 2019, 12:43 PM
A couple reasons given by the coach was to get away from the chain gang and it is more difficult to hide your play calls from the visitors sideline (This may or may not have been a joke) also it was weird to not have the home team on the press box side.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk