SHSU at McNeese
Nicholls at Texas State
SFA at Lamar

Bonus: Attendance at McNeese game

Bonus: Total HBU points scored

BEAR
September 22nd, 2019, 12:56 PM
Pick'em Week 4 results:

Several posters picked the games correctly so I had to go with who was closest with both bonus questions.

Bonus answer 1: 8196
Bonus answer 2: 436

The closest poster with all correct picks and who was also closest in both questions with 7670 and 320-

Outsider1

Recap:
Week 1: Wildcat1997
Week 2: Daytripper
Week 3: McNeese72
Week 4: Outsider1

Good luck to all in this week's picks!

Massey Ratings on percent chance HOME TEAM has to win this week's games:

HBU 83%
NWST 17%
UIW 43%
McNeese 44%
Texas State 51%
Lamar 78%

McNeese75
September 22nd, 2019, 01:08 PM
Texas Southern at HBU
SLU at NWST
ACU at UIW
SHSU at McNeese
Nicholls at Texas State
SFA at Lamar

Bonus: Attendance at McNeese game 9750

Bonus: Total HBU points scored 42

Wildcat1997
September 22nd, 2019, 01:12 PM
Texas Southern at HBU
SLU at NWST
ACU at UIW
SHSU at McNeese
Nicholls at Texas State
SFA at Lamar

Bonus: Total HBU points scoredHBU
SLU
ACU
SHSU
Texas State
Lamar

#1: 8000

#2: 35

bonarae
September 22nd, 2019, 05:09 PM
Texas Southern at HBU
SLU at NWST
ACU at UIW
SHSU at McNeese
Nicholls at Texas State
SFA at Lamar

Bonus 1: 7500
Bonus 2: 42

McCowboys
September 23rd, 2019, 06:19 AM
Anybody choosing McNeese this week -- What have you been smoking? What exactly did you see this weekend that makes you think the Cowboys can outscore the Bearkats?

Hey, Daytripper! I see that you have done some weekly polls. If you plan to do a poll for this game between SHSU and McNeese, let me know so I won't clutter up the board with a duplicate thread.

Watch out for HBU! Seems like they found some defense to go along with their high-powered offense!

Katfan
September 23rd, 2019, 07:02 AM
Texas Southern at HBU
SLU at NWST
ACU at UIW
SHSU at McNeese
Nicholls at Texas State
SFA at Lamar

HBU
SLU
UIW
SHSU
Texas State
SFA

Daytripper
September 23rd, 2019, 07:21 AM
Anybody choosing McNeese this week -- What have you been smoking? What exactly did you see this weekend that makes you think the Cowboys can outscore the Bearkats?

Hey, Daytripper! I see that you have done some weekly polls. If you plan to do a poll for this game between SHSU and McNeese, let me know so I won't clutter up the board with a duplicate thread.

Watch out for HBU! Seems like they found some defense to go along with their high-powered offense!

Will do.

Daytripper
September 23rd, 2019, 07:26 AM
Texas Southern at HBU - HBU - The Huskies are for real, I think
SLU at NWST - SLU - This could get ugly quick
ACU at UIW - ACU - Abilene Christian gets better every week
SHSU at McNeese - McNeese - I don't think the UIW win means anything
Nicholls at Texas State - Nicholls - The Colonels get an FBS scalp
SFA at Lamar - SFA - Jacks get their first win...and on the road

Bonus: Attendance at McNeese game - 10,905

Bonus: Total HBU points scored - 42

Sammy94
September 23rd, 2019, 08:21 AM
Texas Southern at HBU
SLU at NWST
ACU at UIW
SHSU at McNeese
Nicholls at Texas State
SFA at Lamar

Bonus: Attendance at McNeese game 9982

Bonus: Total HBU points scored 37

Serpentor
September 23rd, 2019, 08:34 AM
Texas Southern at HBU
SLU at NWST
ACU at UIW
SHSU at McNeese
Nicholls at Texas State
SFA at Lamar

Bonus #1: 8,700
Bonus#2: 42

Outsider1
September 23rd, 2019, 08:43 AM
Texas Southern at HBU
SLU at NWST
ACU at UIW
SHSU at McNeese
Nicholls at Texas State
SFA at Lamar

Bonus: Attendance at McNeese game: 10,275(Are Bearkat fans going to make the trip?)

Bonus: Total HBU points scored: 42

BEAR
September 23rd, 2019, 08:44 AM
Why have 5 posters picked HBU to score 42 points? xeyebrowx xlolx

Daytripper
September 23rd, 2019, 08:45 AM
Texas Southern at HBU
SLU at NWST
ACU at UIW
SHSU at McNeese
Nicholls at Texas State
SFA at Lamar

Bonus: Attendance at McNeese game 9982

Bonus: Total HBU points scored 37

What did you see in UIW that makes you think they can beat ACU?

Outsider1
September 23rd, 2019, 08:52 AM

LOL...... I promise I didn't go back and look before picking that.

Daytripper
September 23rd, 2019, 08:53 AM
LOL...... I promise I didn't go back and look before picking that.

I didn't peek. Weird coincidence.

BEAR
September 23rd, 2019, 09:08 AM
ACU needs help in their kicking game.

Guy missed a game winner against UCA. Well, we'll give him some slack on that one because that side of your line didn't block very well on an earlier missed kick from that hash.

Punter against McNeese was horrible in the last quarter. -1 yards and like a 15 yarder or something like that...UGH.

Get that straightened out and ACU is really tough.

Outsider1
September 23rd, 2019, 09:20 AM
ACU needs help in their kicking game.

Guy missed a game winner against UCA. Well, we'll give him some slack on that one because that side of your line didn't block very well on an earlier missed kick from that hash.

Punter against McNeese was horrible in the last quarter. -1 yards and like a 15 yarder or something like that...UGH.

Get that straightened out and ACU is really tough.

Can't disagree with any of that. I thought our punter had finally turned a corner. We knew our kickers were young. Blair is not our primary kicker, so he is still maturing. Simon has no such excuse. Our special teams play in general has been horrible to watch. I see some bright spots if the guys can finally pull it together. I personally see other issues that I watch closely week to week as I gauge our steps....

BEAR
September 23rd, 2019, 09:24 AM
Can't disagree with any of that. I thought our punter had finally turned a corner. We knew our kickers were young. Blair is not our primary kicker, so he is still maturing. Simon has no such excuse. Our special teams play in general has been horrible to watch. I see some bright spots if the guys can finally pull it together. I personally see other issues that I watch closely week to week as I gauge our steps....

I knew ACU would come in this year and have a great year. I'm also worried about HBU. They are coming in like a wrecking crew. Glad we don't play them this year. xlolx But ACU has a good offense. It's the small details that are keeping them from getting to that next level...for now.

SpreadTheWord
September 23rd, 2019, 09:31 AM
Texas Southern at HBU
SLU at NWST
ACU at UIW ---We are BAD!!!
SHSU at McNeese
Nicholls at Texas State
SFA at Lamar

Bonus: Attendance at McNeese game 11,500

Bonus: Total HBU points scored 48

Outsider1
September 23rd, 2019, 09:34 AM
Texas Southern at HBU
SLU at NWST
SHSU at McNeese
Nicholls at Texas State
SFA at Lamar

Traitor, you're not invited to the 42 party xsmiley_wix

Daytripper
September 23rd, 2019, 09:44 AM
Texas Southern at HBU
SLU at NWST
SHSU at McNeese
Nicholls at Texas State
SFA at Lamar

I was really surprised by how that game against us went. Your offense moved the ball pretty well, but just made important errors or penalties at the wrong time.

McNeese72
September 23rd, 2019, 10:01 AM
Texas Southern at HBU
SLU at NWST
ACU at UIW
SHSU at McNeese
Nicholls at Texas State
SFA at Lamar

Bonus: Attendance at McNeese game (Let me check the weather forecast).....If it doesn't rain 9,000

Bonus: Total HBU points scored: 45

Sammy94
September 23rd, 2019, 01:25 PM
What did you see in UIW that makes you think they can beat ACU?

Embarrassment and a home game. They have a little home win streak going on.

Sammy94
September 23rd, 2019, 01:33 PM
Are Bearkat fans going to make the trip?

Unfortunately I had something come up and had to cancel my room. I booked as soon the I saw McNeese on the schedule. I will miss pre-gaming at Darrells and The Frosty Factory.

Serpentor
September 23rd, 2019, 02:07 PM
Have you seen TSU's football program? Dayton could hang 42 on them.

SpreadTheWord
September 23rd, 2019, 03:04 PM
I was pleased with how our offense moved the ball on their first two drives until stupid penalties killed them both. Penalties at the wrong time and being unable to convert on 3rd downs has really killed the momentum of our offense. Also, the fact that our kicker can't make anything past 30 yards really hurts as well. Our defense is playing like they're still being coached by the Larry Kennan regime. Giving up huge plays for touchdowns and letting opposing offenses convert 3rd and longs. It's been very frustrating to say the least. I know our defense is still very young and learning the system but there's been a prevalent lack of effort in my opinion on both sides of the ball.

Daytripper
September 23rd, 2019, 04:07 PM
I was pleased with how our offense moved the ball on their first two drives until stupid penalties killed them both. Penalties at the wrong time and being unable to convert on 3rd downs has really killed the momentum of our offense. Also, the fact that our kicker can't make anything past 30 yards really hurts as well. Our defense is playing like they're still being coached by the Larry Kennan regime. Giving up huge plays for touchdowns and letting opposing offenses convert 3rd and longs. It's been very frustrating to say the least. I know our defense is still very young and learning the system but there's been a prevalent lack of effort in my opinion on both sides of the ball.

I think Morris's offensive schemes may have caught the Southland by surprise last year. Maybe the d-coordinators have found something.

SFA 93
September 23rd, 2019, 07:04 PM
124 Teams in the FCS

Total Defense

#122 UIW (Giving up 533.0 yards a game)
#123 SFA (Giving up 538.5 yards a game)

Total Offense

#22 UIW (455.7 yards a game) 10 TDs
#69 SFA (375.3 yards a game) 11 TDs

Going to have to outscore people.

Now I will give the Jacks credit against Nicholls and maybe the defense is starting to get it, as the Colonels were 6 for 6 on 3rd down conversions in the first half and later went 0 for 6 in the second half.

SFA is also paying defense with 2 true freshmen walk ons on the defensive line

OFFENSE
QB: #2 Trae Self 6-4; 190 (Jr.)

RB: #21 Da’Leon Ward 5-10; 180 (Jr.)

WR: #5 Calvin Clater 6-3; 200 (So.)
WR: #19 Xavier Gipson 5-9; 170 (Fr.)

OL: #70 Jaret Porterfield 6-4; 300 (Fr.)
OL: #66 Keegan Holm 6-4; 285 (Fr.)
OL: #55 Jawaun Singletary 6-1; 280 (Fr.)
OL: #52 A.J. Brown 6-2; 316 (Sr.)
OL: #71 Zach Ingram 6-7; 275 (Jr.)
TE: #86 Josh Weeks 6-3; 255 (Sr.)

WR: #84 Lar’Darion Cobb 6-3; 205 (Sr.)

DEFENSE
DE:#54 Amad Murray 6-3; 245 (R/Fr.)
DT:#90 Trevon Johnson 6-3; 260 (Fr.)
DT:#93 Rason Williams II 6-4; 270 (Fr.)
DE:#57 Gary Sampson 6-3; 280 (Sr.)

LB:#44 Bert Morris 6-1; 224 (Jr.)
LB:#7 Quin Jones 6-0; 232 (Sr.)
LB:#25 Gerard McKnight 6-2; 205 (Fr.)

CB:#26 Eli Jones 5-10; 170 (Jr.)
S:#34 Gavin Roland 5-11; 195 (Jr.)
S:#38 Trenton Gordon 5-11; 195 (Jr.)
CB:#4 Willie Roberts 5-10; 180 (Fr.)

SPECIAL TEAMS
K:#36 Storm Ruiz 5-10; 170 (Sr.)
P:#37 Max Quick 5-10; 185 (R/Fr.)
LS:#91 Chase Ruiz 5-10; 235 (R/Fr.)

Puddin Tane
September 24th, 2019, 12:29 AM
Texas Southern at HBU
SLU at NWST
ACU at UIW
SHSU at McNeese
Nicholls at Texas State
SFA at Lamar. (63-60, we have no defense)

Bonus: Attendance at McNeese game. 9,457

Bonus: Total HBU points scored 34

bwbear
September 24th, 2019, 11:38 AM
Texas Southern at HBU
SLU at NWST
ACU at UIW
SHSU at McNeese
Nicholls at Texas State
SFA at Lamar

McCowboys
September 25th, 2019, 06:52 AM
Senior defensive end Chris Livings (McNeese) -- looking ahead to the Bearkats and back to the loss to the Wildcats. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGpM5F-vujs&feature=youtu.be&fbclid=IwAR0lzVpVvxxG0umhM0ctUjtuVHuMC1py6vphesvja NI45_c7Tf6L52moXrk

The last contest between SHSU and McNeese was in 2016 in Huntsville, and it was a real shootout.

McNeese72
September 25th, 2019, 07:52 AM
Senior defensive end Chris Livings (McNeese) -- looking ahead to the Bearkats and back to the loss to the Wildcats. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGpM5F-vujs&feature=youtu.be&fbclid=IwAR0lzVpVvxxG0umhM0ctUjtuVHuMC1py6vphesvja NI45_c7Tf6L52moXrk

The last contest between SHSU and McNeese was in 2016 in Huntsville, and it was a real shootout.

I don't know if we have enough ammunition for a shootout. :(

Doc

Katfan
September 25th, 2019, 08:01 AM

That was like 99 combined points. I hope there’s more defense, but if not as long as we end up with the most points again!

McCowboys
September 25th, 2019, 08:20 AM
I don't know if we have enough ammunition for a shootout. :(

Doc

No joke, Doc!

BEAR
September 25th, 2019, 08:27 AM
Alright it's Wednesday!

Time to see if there are any injuries or other things that will hinder/help your team for your upcoming game. What say you?!

Massey Ratings still have the same percentages to win for each home team.

McNeese75
September 25th, 2019, 09:24 AM
Per the tomb of silence (coaching staff) - No significant injuries incurred in Abilene

Outsider1
September 25th, 2019, 09:30 AM
Per the tomb of silence (coaching staff) - No significant injuries incurred in Abilene

Per his tweet, LB Q. Washington tore his Achilles and is out for the season in the McNeese game.

McNeese75
September 25th, 2019, 09:42 AM
Per his tweet, LB Q. Washington tore his Achilles and is out for the season in the McNeese game.

Yeah, I figured he was hurt pretty bad when the drove him off the field. It's a shame to lose him, he is really a nice player.

Outsider1
September 25th, 2019, 09:46 AM
Yeah, I figured he was hurt pretty bad when the drove him off the field. It's a shame to lose him, he is really a nice player.

He is one of our local success stories; amazing running back that chooses local university and then switches to LB because of his athleticism. He will be back. I feel bad for him, but he is the guy who will still have a huge impact from the sideline until then!

McCowboys
September 25th, 2019, 10:01 AM

xmadx

McNeese72
September 25th, 2019, 10:13 AM

Some of the McNeese coaching staff discussing injuries.

SpreadTheWord
September 25th, 2019, 10:52 AM
I think Morris's offensive schemes may have caught the Southland by surprise last year. Maybe the d-coordinators have found something.

That's what I've been wondering too. I hope he doesn't become like Jason Garrett during his OC days by becoming one of the easiest offenses to gameplan for. We also really miss having a guy like Ra'Quanne Dickens making plays out of our backfield.

BEAR
September 25th, 2019, 10:53 AM
Saturday, September 28
* Sam Houston State at McNeese, 6 p.m., ESPN+
* Stephen F. Austin at Lamar, 6 p.m., ESPN+
* Southeastern Louisiana at Northwestern State, 6 p.m., Cox Sports Television/ESPN+
Texas Southern at Houston Baptist, 6 p.m., ESPN3
Nicholls at Texas State, 6 p.m., ESPN+

*Southland Conference Game
**All Times Central

centexguy
September 25th, 2019, 02:00 PM
Dallas Martin, linebacker for LU, is out for the season with an achilles injury. He was the team's leading tackler with 40 and #3 in SLC.

Outsider1
September 25th, 2019, 02:10 PM
Dallas Martin, linebacker for LU, is out for the season with an achilles injury. He was the team's leading tackler with 40 and #3 in SLC.

What is it with achilles and LBs this week???

lionsrking2
September 25th, 2019, 02:23 PM

How are the other guys who went down this week? I saw a couple of your OL go down during the game. Hopefully it was just cramps. You guys have a good team and I expect you'll be handful the rest of the way.

McCowboys
September 25th, 2019, 03:31 PM
Some of the McNeese coaching staff discussing injuries.

xlolxxlolxxlolxxnodx

McCowboys
September 25th, 2019, 03:33 PM

xmadx

FUGameBreaker
September 25th, 2019, 03:54 PM
Yo Nicholls St., we need a school FACT here xthumbsupx

https://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?234912-Interesting-Facts-about-Current-FCS-Top-25-Schools

lionsrking2
September 25th, 2019, 05:54 PM

https://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?234912-Interesting-Facts-about-Current-FCS-Top-25-Schools

Guidry Stadium visitor's dressing room ...

http://www.yakimatent.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/Yakima-Tent-Civil-War-Wall-Tent-1.jpg

SUPharmacist
September 25th, 2019, 11:42 PM
HBU
SLU
UIW
SHSU
Texas State
Lamar

Bonus 1: 9,100
Bonus 2: 33

Outsider1
September 26th, 2019, 08:23 AM
ACU Running back Billy McCrary is out for the season. He decided to go ahead and get his shoulder operated on. We found out last night. The good news for us is that he was given a medical redshirt for us.

centexguy
September 26th, 2019, 09:46 AM
How are the other guys who went down this week? I saw a couple of your OL go down during the game. Hopefully it was just cramps. You guys have a good team and I expect you'll be handful the rest of the way.

No other injuries that I know of. LU escaped the A&M game without any major injuries. QB Hoy started the season with a pulled hamstring or something but he seems to be improving each game. The two biggest concerns are the secondary, which is a whole new group from last year, and the QB position. McBride, the Tennessee transfer, left after the first scrimmage, so the backup QBs are Johnson (a walk-on at A&M before coming to LU but has never taken a snap for LU), and Givens, a true freshman.

McNeese75
September 26th, 2019, 03:13 PM
ACU Running back Billy McCrary is out for the season. He decided to go ahead and get his shoulder operated on. We found out last night. The good news for us is that he was given a medical redshirt for us.

Good decision. He looked in pain after every play he was in last week (which were no that many).

Hood
September 27th, 2019, 02:21 AM
Some betting lines have Nicholls as the favorites in the Texas State game.

https://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?234912-Interesting-Facts-about-Current-FCS-Top-25-SchoolsI'll see what I can dig up.

F'N Hawks
September 27th, 2019, 08:43 AM
Some betting lines have Nicholls as the favorites in the Texas State game.

I'll see what I can dig up.

4 point favorites.

BEAR
September 27th, 2019, 08:51 AM
The Massey Ratings haven't moved their percent chance to win for HOME teams yet:

Massey Ratings on percent chance HOME TEAM has to win this week's games:

HBU 83%
NWST 17%
UIW 43%
McNeese 44%
Texas State 51%
Lamar 78%

BEAR
September 28th, 2019, 10:06 PM
Final scores:

HBU 68 TXSO 31
SLU 44 NWST 27
UIW 31 ACU 24
SHSU 28 McNeese 17
TXST 24 Nicholls 3
SFA 24 Lamar 17

Bonus: 9107

Bonus: 68

Serpentor
September 28th, 2019, 11:14 PM
I knew HBU was going to win the game handedly, but I have to admit, I didn't see 68 points coming...

BEAR
September 28th, 2019, 11:34 PM
HBU
SLU
UIW
SHSU
Texas State
SFA

Here's this week's winner. Perfect on his picks and darn close on the bonuses. Everyone else missed at least one game.

Congrats Katfan!

Katfan
September 29th, 2019, 08:39 AM
Here's this week's winner. Perfect on his picks and darn close on the bonuses. Everyone else missed at least one game.

Congrats Katfan!
Wow! I think I’m going to Vegas!

BEAR
September 29th, 2019, 10:40 AM
Recap:
Week 1: Wildcat1997
Week 2: Daytripper
Week 3: McNeese72
Week 4: Outsider1
Week 5: Katfan

BEAR
September 29th, 2019, 10:42 AM
Also, I’ve forgotten to pick twice this season. Not that it matters because my picks haven’t been close. xlolx

McCowboys
September 29th, 2019, 02:33 PM
After last night, one thing is clear: McNeese will never fill up the stadium or set an attendance record against an SLC school. Very sad, Bearkat Nation.

The worst thing about last night: KC stomped all over my #1 theory about him -- that he doesn't like orange because he never wears it -- and showed up in the orangest of orange shirts!

I wish McNeese had wide receivers like Sam Houston, and maybe with recruiting, we will some day. Bearkat QB's are good, but the speed and exceptional catches the WR's make only make the QB's better than what they are. They know how to run and use their blocks in the open field. It saddens me to no end that a team that has a tradition of being able to run the ball has not been able to do that consistently the last couple of years. Very upsetting!

ACU proved "Any Given Saturday...."

SFA fans: Our players are babies! Some are still wearing diapers and using pacifiers! Yeah, sure.

Serpentor
September 29th, 2019, 03:37 PM
After last night, one thing is clear: McNeese will never fill up the stadium or set an attendance record against an SLC school. Very sad, Bearkat Nation.

We can't even fill up our own stadium despite being one of the winningest FCS teams of the past decade. For damn sure we ain't going over to Lake Charles. Put that game in NRG Stadium and maybe...

Daytripper
September 29th, 2019, 03:54 PM

The worst thing about last night: KC stomped all over my #1 theory about him -- that he doesn't like orange because he never wears it -- and showed up in the orangest of orange shirts!

I wish McNeese had wide receivers like Sam Houston, and maybe with recruiting, we will some day. Bearkat QB's are good, but the speed and exceptional catches the WR's make only make the QB's better than what they are. They know how to run and use their blocks in the open field. It saddens me to no end that a team that has a tradition of being able to run the ball has not been able to do that consistently the last couple of years. Very upsetting!

ACU proved "Any Given Saturday...."

SFA fans: Our players are babies! Some are still wearing diapers and using pacifiers! Yeah, sure.

We have always had the skill position players, that is true. Our problems have always come down to our O-line staying healthy and our very crappy defenses. Well, based on the last two games, I think our defense is the best since the Willie Fritz years and our offensive line seems to be coming together. I'm cautiously optimistic.

McCowboys
September 29th, 2019, 04:16 PM
We can't even fill up our own stadium despite being one of the winningest FCS teams of the past decade. For damn sure we ain't going over to Lake Charles. Put that game in NRG Stadium and maybe...

Maybe soon the Cowboys will be back. Still, even though McNeese is struggling, the home side was pretty well filled up -- about 9,000 total. The Bearkat fans who showed up were loud when things started going their way, but they were spread out on the visitor side rather than all sitting together. If we had a team as explosive as SHSU (which we can only pray for), I think Cowboy Stadium would be packed almost every time.

It is not just the Bearkats. It seems the only fan base that makes an effort to enjoy the Southern charms of the Lake City and the awesome tailgating are the Lamar folks.

McCowboys
September 29th, 2019, 04:20 PM
We have always had the skill position players, that is true. Our problems have always come down to our O-line staying healthy and our very crappy defenses. Well, based on the last two games, I think our defense is the best since the Willie Fritz years and our offensive line seems to be coming together. I'm cautiously optimistic.

The Bearkat D definitely stuffed the Cowboys rushing attack all night. I thought maybe they had turned a corner last week against ACU, but I guess not. Now we get to see what Guidry and the Lion defense has in store for the reeling Pokes.

Now that we are through playing you guys, I hope your QB's will be OK and no serious injuries from last night.

McCowboys
September 29th, 2019, 04:23 PM
One other strange note: SHSU did not bring its band to LC, and so the Bearkat cheerleaders danced and did routines when the McNeese band played. But, on more than one occasion when our band played Jolie Blon, the Bearkat cheerleaders were swaying and clapping along with the McNeese fans! I know we hadn't played in a couple of years, but surely they would know that is one of McNeese's fight songs. ?

BEAR
September 29th, 2019, 04:25 PM
I foresee pain for the Cowboys in the near future. xsmhx

Though I will be cheering you on to upset the lions so my bears have a little breathing room for later when we play them.

Bisonoline
September 29th, 2019, 08:52 PM
One other strange note: SHSU did not bring its band to LC, and so the Bearkat cheerleaders danced and did routines when the McNeese band played. But, on more than one occasion when our band played Jolie Blon, the Bearkat cheerleaders were swaying and clapping along with the McNeese fans! I know we hadn't played in a couple of years, but surely they would know that is one of McNeese's fight songs. ?

Nope. They arent very smart. When we played them in the natty our fans were screaming when SHSU was on offense. The cheerleaders took that as a challenge and tried to get their fans to make more noise than we did while there team was on offense. They did this all game long. We laughed.

Katfan
September 29th, 2019, 09:21 PM
Nope. They arent very smart. When we played them in the natty our fans were screaming when SHSU was on offense. The cheerleaders took that as a challenge and tried to get their fans to make more noise than we did while there team was on offense. They did this all game long. We laughed.
Sad but true

Bisonoline
September 30th, 2019, 12:25 PM
Sad but true

Yeah, we all kind of looked at each other with that WTF look and couldnt believe it.

Daytripper
September 30th, 2019, 12:28 PM
Yeah, we all kind of looked at each other with that WTF look and couldnt believe it.

Our band and cheerleaders know nothing about football.

McCowboys
September 30th, 2019, 02:58 PM

xlolx

- - - Updated - - -

Sad but true

xrotatehx

Puddin Tane
October 1st, 2019, 12:13 AM
Maybe soon the Cowboys will be back. Still, even though McNeese is struggling, the home side was pretty well filled up -- about 9,000 total. The Bearkat fans who showed up were loud when things started going their way, but they were spread out on the visitor side rather than all sitting together. If we had a team as explosive as SHSU (which we can only pray for), I think Cowboy Stadium would be packed almost every time.

It is not just the Bearkats. It seems the only fan base that makes an effort to enjoy the Southern charms of the Lake City and the awesome tailgating are the Lamar folks.

same here, y’all are the only team that brings a significant number of fans to Lamar. I think sfa had about 100.