PDA

View Full Version : Details- CCU's Football Growth Plan

CCU2003
May 5th, 2007, 01:22 PM
WOW! Great article on additional details of Bennett's deal along with a nice peek at the "revised" FB growth plan. All along Bennett has been trying to get his Assistants more money and as great as his [Bennett] new contract is, nearly doubling the allotted cash for his Asst. coaches is just as impressive. Way to go CCU!

From the Sun News:

On Friday, the school also released its updated Football Growth Plan, an expenditures outline.

It details contracts for all football-related employees, as well as how the operating budget will grow from now ($350,000) through the 2011-2012 season ($600,000).

The plan also states Coastal will play a Bowl Subdivision (formerly I-A) team each year beginning in 2008 to supplement income.

The buildup surrounding the new contract was much more involved, although it wasn't hard to see coming. Bennett has received overwhelming support through his five years.

Some of that support stems from the Chants' 34-11 record and last year's appearance in the playoffs, the third-fastest postseason showing for an FCS team.

He's also helped raise funds, according to Mark Adkins, who along with his brother, Will, donated $1.8 million in the fall toward Coastal's $8 million-plus proposed fieldhouse.

"It's always good to have a coach who's got a little bit of charisma," Adkins said this week.

http://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/142/story/59523.html

TexasTerror
May 5th, 2007, 08:37 PM
Coastal Carolina is no slouch when it comes to their football program. They are doing what it takes to get that program moving fast and in the right direction...

Props to Bennett and the athletic administration. He was smart not to leave when he considered throwing his name in the hat elsewhere...

CSUBUCDAD
May 6th, 2007, 09:06 AM
I always knew Bennett was a damn good coach, but I didn't realize just how good he was until I watched him engineer that decisive win over CSU last year after falling to a 17-0 deficit right off the bat. The CCU football program should be glad they signed him for 10 years, but if he continues like he has though I can assure you some program with deep pockets will try to buy out his contract and steal him away.

MarkCCU
May 6th, 2007, 09:09 AM
I always knew Bennett was a damn good coach, but I didn't realize just how good he was until I watched him engineer that decisive win over CSU last year after falling to a 17-0 deficit right off the bat. The CCU football program should be glad they signed him for 10 years, but if he continues like he has though I can assure you some program with deep pockets will try to buy out his contract and steal him away.

Of course! Bennet has been a GODSEND!

CCU97
May 6th, 2007, 09:30 AM

There aren't very many programs in FCS that are willing to shell out this kind of money to buy out his contract and then pay him substantially more to get him top agree to go....The contract allows for this to happen if it is an FBS team. Great move by CCU and Coach Bennett.

MplsBison
May 6th, 2007, 10:37 AM
I'm surprised to see that the football budget is so small.

I think NDSU's is around 2.5 million.

CCU2003
May 6th, 2007, 03:17 PM
I don't think that's CCU's overall football budget- it's the personnel/staff and expsense budget. If you throw in travel and scholarships, we gotta be over a million.

MplsBison
May 6th, 2007, 04:30 PM
Ok, that makes more sense.

CoastalFan2005
May 6th, 2007, 04:38 PM
Article from today's Sun News:

Bonuses
Wins Big South title | $5,000
Reaches national playoffs | $6,000
Reaches second round of playoffs | $8,000
Reaches third round of playoffs | $10,000
Reaches title game | $15,000
Wins national title | $10,000

Summer camp
Bennett retains all profits from Coastal Carolina summer football camp, less rental fees for facilities.

Tickets
Bennett receives 20 tickets for each home game, 12 tickets for every away game and 24 tickets for any postseason game.

Buyouts
If Bennett leaves and takes another FCS position within 90 days, he owes the school 100 percent of remaining base salary.
If CCU fires Bennett during the first five years, the university shall pay him 100 percent of remaining base salary.
If CCU fires Bennett during the second five years, the university shall pay him 50 percent of remaining base salary.
Figures not directly tied to contract (although pre-approval is required):

TV show | $20,000 annually

Radio show | $1,000

Total compensation potential (minus profits from summer camp), 2008 | $247,000

http://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/232/story/59523.html