PDA

View Full Version : Is the FCS down overall in 2019?

bonarae
September 20th, 2019, 04:25 PM
Looks interesting...

http://www.fcs.football/cfb/story.asp?i=20190919125020760000704

FUGameBreaker
September 20th, 2019, 04:32 PM
You can't just mainly look at the fact that only 3 FCS teams have pulled out wins, I would say that the FBS has not only tightened up is scheduling (ie. not playing NDSU type scheduling, ect.) but has also gotten a strangle hold on how these games are officiated (ie. rigged), as the review process in FCS vs. FBS games is grossly biased and for the most part only used to aid the FBS team.

mvemjsunpx
September 20th, 2019, 05:17 PM
3 wins over FBS is lower than normal, but it seems like there have been more competitive FBS/FCS games than usual.

ElCid
September 20th, 2019, 05:32 PM
Not a big deal.

2005 and 2008 had only 2 all year. 2009 had 5, 2010 had 7, and 2011 had 6. Last year only had 7. I expect we can bank on 1-3 more. I actually think just the opposite is true. Lots of close games. And even if it is true, it goes in cycles. We got spoiled with years like 2013 when we had 16.

caribbeanhen
September 20th, 2019, 07:10 PM
hate to say it but it's down and probably not going to get any better

PAllen
September 20th, 2019, 07:17 PM
The PL certainly is. Looks like the CAA is too. The Ivy haven't played yet. Outside of that, I really haven't paid that much attention this year.

bonarae
September 20th, 2019, 08:32 PM
SoCon may have a new king on the gridiron this season.

JacksFan40
September 20th, 2019, 10:51 PM
The top of the MVFC is dominant but after that it’s terrible. I’d say as a whole the conference is definitely down.

MTfan4life
September 21st, 2019, 01:17 AM
Those thugs stole our topic! We talked about this very same question last week on The FCS Wedge!! We're on to you Mr. Haley! Don't be surprised if next week he talks about the impending threat of Houston Baptist becoming this year's Incarnate Word in the Southland!! xlolx

Plus, I don't really get why they're dogging San Diego as if they're down. They've been a terrible non-conference team whenever they've made the playoffs. Their two losses this year are to Cal Poly and UC Davis. The year they beat NAU, they got slaughtered by UC-Davis. The year they beat Cal Poly, they had gotten slaughtered by the very same Cal Poly team. In fact, you have to go back to 2014 to find their last FCS win during non-conference regular season play. They're like the polar opposite of NC A&T in that they are not at all a September team. Yes, the FCS has taken a little step back, but San Diego isn't one of the reasons.

Last year was a pretty solid year for a lot of the FCS. There was so much depth across the country and the best team was full of seniors. It's hard to match that year in and year out.