PDA

View Full Version : Question for the board:

Purpleglasses
September 16th, 2019, 02:24 PM
Seeing as how there is 1/4 of the season in the books, who do you think has been the most over-rated teams from the pre-season assumptions?
my vote is Wofford (no disrespect to my fellow SoCon team) followed closely by Colgate.
any thoughts?

Daytripper
September 16th, 2019, 02:27 PM
Sam Houston

ST_Lawson
September 16th, 2019, 02:41 PM
Did a quick check comparing the preseason poll to this week's poll. Biggest changes so far:

Wofford started at #8 and is now unranked.
Colgate started at #16 and is now unranked.
Indiana State went from #19 to #35 (16 spot drop)
Eastern Washington went from #2 to #11 (9 spot drop)

I didn't look at teams that were already outside the top 25 in the first poll and dropped off the poll.

Sader87
September 16th, 2019, 03:58 PM
Colgate looks to have been massively ovahrated....I think prognosticating PL (or Ivies) teams is very difficult... lot of turnover year to year, transfers coming in in some instances etc etc...I know it's basically the same for every league but it's heightened in the PL/IL imo

BisonTru
September 16th, 2019, 04:17 PM
Colgate for me. I was higher on them than Wofford. But both seem to be wet paper bags now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FUGameBreaker
September 16th, 2019, 04:23 PM
Colgates last 4 game scores

35-0 L
34-14 L
48-7 L
38-10 L

Been a rough go of it, and now they play Maine

bonarae
September 16th, 2019, 05:27 PM
Colgates last 4 game scores

35-0 L
34-14 L
48-7 L
38-10 L

Been a rough go of it, and now they play Maine

Hmm. 0-5 into PL play? Yes. Playoff bid for the PL? Somebody else.

gofurman
September 16th, 2019, 08:20 PM
Seeing as how there is 1/4 of the season in the books, who do you think has been the most over-rated teams from the pre-season assumptions?
my vote is Wofford (no disrespect to my fellow SoCon team) followed closely by Colgate.
any thoughts?

Good question. Probably Wofford BUT they have talent to turn it around as witnessed by losing two DL still holding Samford to 21 points. . The talent is there they just are switching systems. Like GT FBS but w FCS they do have talent. A lot of talent, 14 seniors starting ! Probably not the year to switch system w all those seniors. Wouldn’t be surprised to see them improve and win toward year end ( when we have to play them ...). We have all seen teams change drastically. Heck my Paladins 2 years ago ( Hendrix first year) went 0-3 and finished 7-4 and playoffs as we were learning new system.

Colgate is always overrated /. In case of emergency beak glass - “hurricane avoidance package“. JK

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 16th, 2019, 08:32 PM
Colgate's collapse is pretty epic. They lost quite a bit but they also returned some serious talent in Breneman, Wheeler, Daramy-Swaray, a loaded OL etc. They should at least be competitive in these games. One key is the fact that Hunt lost a long time offensive coach to Elon. He opted to take full control of the offense and its been a complete disaster. Now Breneman is hurt, again, so the outlook seems rather grim.

Colgate did this in 2016. Got hot at he end of 2015, made it to the quarterfinals, starter 2016 in the Top 15 then proceeded to tank in the OOC before finishing 5-5.

Hunt and Colgate are a solid program but they can't sustain anything since Biddle left.

If nothing else the Raider could end up being a 2017 type Lehigh team. Start the year ranked, get killed in the OOC and earn the auto bid with a losing record in the awful Patsie League.

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 16th, 2019, 08:41 PM
Hmm. 0-5 into PL play? Yes. Playoff bid for the PL? Somebody else.

I think we'll know if Holy Cross can emerge as a competent PL representative this weekend when they play Yale. I still think Fordham has some potential. They play Stony Brook this weekend.