PDA

View Full Version : 2019-09/21 AGS GOTW Week 4

Preferred Walk-On
September 15th, 2019, 09:07 PM
Not quite the list of matchups that made the cut in week 3, but a few good ones, nonetheless. The vote this week will likely be dictated by what people value more, ranks or intrigue.

#6 UC Davis (Big Sky) @ #1 North Dakota State (MVFC) - Highest ranked matchup this week, and of course, part of the conference challenge series.

#17 Villanova (CAA) @ #9 Towson (CAA) - Despite being only the second highest ranked matchup this week, the intrigue factor is high. The Tigers are coming off a big win over an AGS Top 5 team and are looking to make a CAA title run this year. The Wildcats have started the season with three definitive victories; however, Towson poses their first real challenge

#29 Mercer (SoCon) @ #13 Furman (SoCon) - Both are coming off of losses, but these appear to be two teams capable of vying for the SoCon title.

#39 Lamar (Southland) @ #20 Southeastern Louisiana (Southland) - Although the Cardinals have been relatively unimpressive thus far, they do provide an early litmus test for the Lions, who have been impressive in beating an AGS Top 10 team and had a very good showing against a P5 FBS team last week.

Harvard (Ivy) @ San Diego (Pioneer) - Welcome to the season Ivy League. This is the best matchup involving an Ivy team to start their season, and the longest distance traveled this week. Despite being 0-2, the Toreros have shown that they are not ready to surrender the Pioneer League title just yet. Both of San Diego's losses have been to Big Sky competition, including most recently, a three point loss to the AGS #6 team.

ST_Lawson
September 15th, 2019, 09:34 PM
There's not a lot of great options, but I think the top two both have the potential to be really good an interesting games.

JSUSoutherner
September 15th, 2019, 09:56 PM
I picked Villanova @ Towson because the NDSU game is gonna be a S-L-A-U-G-H-T-E-R.

dewey
September 15th, 2019, 10:02 PM
I picked Villanova @ Towson because the NDSU game is gonna be a S-L-A-U-G-H-T-E-R.

I hope you are right.

I voted for NDSU because it is a top 10 matchup.

Dewey

jsualumnus
September 15th, 2019, 10:17 PM
I voted UC Davis @ NDSU because we get to see where UC Davis really is.

Preferred Walk-On
September 16th, 2019, 11:18 PM
Daily bump for voting purposes.

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 17th, 2019, 05:27 AM
The two best games are Villanova/Towson and Mercer/Furman.

Daytripper
September 17th, 2019, 06:12 AM
I picked the UC Davis/NDSU game. Hopefully Davis makes it a game. SLU will beat Lamar by 4 touchdowns.

Derby City Duke
September 17th, 2019, 10:53 AM
UCD - NDSU: good barometer on UCD.

Silenoz
September 17th, 2019, 10:57 AM
What does it say if the GOTW is gonna be decided by 28+?

bobcathpdevil56
September 18th, 2019, 03:56 PM
Bump

TheValleyRaider
September 18th, 2019, 07:42 PM
Starting to get conference matchups, but how often do you get a Top 10 OOC game (I know there's a thread, the question is rhetorical)? We want games like this, gotta reward it.

Harvard-San Diego is probably the most intriguing matchup, all things considered

Catbooster
September 19th, 2019, 08:53 AM
Bump

lucchesicourt
September 19th, 2019, 05:35 PM
If UCD wins are they #1?