View Full Version : NDSU vs UC Davis

Pages : [1] 2

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 15th, 2019, 03:07 PM
Both teams should be top 5 for this game.

Davis loves to throw the ball around in the passing game with Maier. Smaller QB but really good. Can the Bison defense slow him down passing? Can the Bison DL get pressure or do they need to bring extra rushers to do so?

Davis has a mediocre defense. Can it stop the power running game of the Bison? Do they stuff the A gap and make the Bison go to the perimeter and passing game? Will they bring new looks to Lance to try and confuse him?

Personally, I doubt Davis is going to slow down the Bison without NDSU committing a lot of turnovers. Usual formula for the Bison: Run the ball, play action pass and play fundamentally sound defense.

Will the noise affect the Davis offense? 1st time for these players in the Dome.

IMO, the Bison roll.

Thoughts?

BisonBacker
September 15th, 2019, 03:23 PM
Should be the first real test this years Bison have had if UC Davis is as advertised.

TheKingpin28
September 15th, 2019, 03:24 PM
38-21 NDSU

Davis will move the ball, but I except them to get one of their TDs in garbage time.

Bisonator
September 15th, 2019, 03:32 PM
Their offense will definitely test our defense. We should be able to control clock and game with our run game. Keep Maier off the field as much as possible. We should dominate the LOS on both sides. Our special teams need to clean up the issues they had against the hens.

jsualumnus
September 15th, 2019, 03:32 PM
42-28 NDSU

JSUSoutherner
September 15th, 2019, 03:36 PM
I think UC Davis is overrated.

I think NDSU wins by a healthy 4 TDs.

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 15th, 2019, 04:34 PM
Their offense will definitely test our defense. We should be able to control clock and game with our run game. Keep Maier off the field as much as possible. We should dominate the LOS on both sides. Our special teams need to clean up the issues they had against the hens.

This here.

Return coverage and punt blocking need to be cleaned up.

Davis throws a lot. This will be a good test for the defense. Maybe the best defense will be the offense grinding their defense down.

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 15th, 2019, 04:35 PM

Well, their defense is pretty mediocre so that is why I haven't been worrying about this game.

The teams that will challenge NDSU this year in the regular season will be in conference: SDSU, Ill State, UNI and YSU

TheKingpin28
September 15th, 2019, 04:39 PM
This here.

Return coverage and punt blocking need to be cleaned up.

Davis throws a lot. This will be a good test for the defense. Maybe the best defense will be the offense grinding their defense down.

Hopefully, whoever is winning, does not run the score up on the other opponent. xcoffeex

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 15th, 2019, 04:49 PM
Hopefully, whoever is winning, does not run the score up on the other opponent. xcofffeex

Coach Stig runs a lot of crazy stuff at NDSU....oh, the horror!!

Maybe the Bison should take a knee if it is a blowout?

xrolleyesx

MR. CHICKEN
September 15th, 2019, 05:36 PM
........UC DAVIS......HAS NO SHOT IN DUH DOME........DUH NOISE...DUH PASS RUSH......DUH FAKE FG'S........NOPE......NO SHOT......xsmhx......BRAWK!

frozennorth
September 15th, 2019, 06:16 PM
NDSU vs an immobile pocket QB?

56-17

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 15th, 2019, 06:45 PM
........UC DAVIS......HAS NO SHOT IN DUH DOME........DUH NOISE...DUH PASS RUSH......DUH FAKE FG'S........NOPE......NO SHOT......xsmhx......BRAWK!

Over/under on fake FGs??

5-6?

BisonFan02
September 15th, 2019, 07:10 PM
Over/under on fake FGs??

5-6?

0.....I hope we never kick...or punt. :D

Professor Chaos
September 15th, 2019, 07:16 PM
Based on what I understand about UC Davis they are a pass heavy offense with a traditional dropback passer in Maier who can move but isn't going to hurt you with his legs. I may be wrong about that because I haven't watch a ton of their games or listened to much conversation about them but a one dimensional offense with a non-mobile QB is very unlikely to have a lot of success in the Fargodome.

From the Bison perspective I'd like to see the LBs flash a little more and I think they'll have opportunities to do that in this game. Cox has been solid but not spectacular (yet) and Hankey and Mercadel have both been up and down so far this year. Hopefully preseason all-MVFC free safety James Hendricks is back since he's the QB of the secondary (he was actually recruited to NDSU as a QB) and they'll be busy back there in this one.

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 15th, 2019, 07:19 PM
0.....I hope we never kick...or punt. :D

xthumbsupx:D

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 15th, 2019, 07:28 PM
I thought I saw that Saragin has the Bison 28 point favorites in this game.

Gangtackle11
September 15th, 2019, 07:54 PM

My Lehigh peeps agree although they were outclassed. NDSU rolls xpeacex

TheKingpin28
September 15th, 2019, 08:44 PM
I thought I saw that Saragin has the Bison 28 point favorites in this game.

24.24 is the difference plus the 3pt bump for being at home would give a rough estimate of 27 or so, so you are extremely close.

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 16th, 2019, 06:50 AM
Can Davis stop the run? Comes down to this because if the cannot their offense will not see the field much.

BisonBacker
September 16th, 2019, 07:30 AM

Well at least your username fits. Butthurt much?

BisonBacker
September 16th, 2019, 07:34 AM
Can Davis stop the run? Comes down to this because if the cannot their offense will not see the field much.

Better question is can they stop the fake field goal xlolx

caribbeanhen
September 16th, 2019, 07:36 AM
Should be the first real test this years Bison have had if UC Davis is as advertised.

C'mon BB, the only question is how high should the splatter shield be...

The Bison will score at will, UC Davis will miss Doss

POD Knows
September 16th, 2019, 08:10 AM
Bison will be up by 15 with a couple minutes left in the game and fumble on a double reverse fake field goal deep in Davis territory and the fumble is returned for a TD. Davis converts the 2 point conversion and then recovers the onside kick, puts together a 3 play drive for a TD, converts the 2 point conversion for the win. #BOOKIT.

MR. CHICKEN
September 16th, 2019, 08:12 AM
Bison will be up by 15 with a couple minutes left in the game and fumble on a double reverse fake field goal deep in Davis territory and the fumble is returned for a TD. Davis converts the 2 point conversion and then recovers the onside kick, puts together a 3 play drive for a TD, converts the 2 point conversion for the win. #BOOKIT.

....SEND DAT SCRIPT...TA HOLLYWOOD LAD...........BRAWK!

lucchesicourt
September 16th, 2019, 08:20 AM
You mean a team can score 16 points in 20 seconds? Oh wait that has been done before by a coach named Sochor.

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 16th, 2019, 08:57 AM
Better question is can they stop the fake field goal xlolx

I hope Entz calls it again or the holder does!!

slostang
September 16th, 2019, 09:00 AM
I would not call UC Davis’ offense one dimensional. Their passing game is their strength on offense, but they also have a good run game. Davis will put points on the board.

Where I would be concern if I were an Aggie fan is I think they will struggle trying to stop NDSU’s run game. I think they have a good defense, but unfortunately NDSU has a great offense and it all starts up front with their O-line.

That said as a Mustang fan I will pulling for a Big Sky win.

Professor Chaos
September 16th, 2019, 10:29 AM
I would not call UC Davis’ offense one dimensional. Their passing game is their strength on offense, but they also have a good run game. Davis will put points on the board.

Where I would be concern if I were an Aggie fan is I think they will struggle trying to stop NDSU’s run game. I think they have a good defense, but unfortunately NDSU has a great offense and it all starts up front with their O-line.

That said as a Mustang fan I will pulling for a Big Sky win.
If they have a good run game they sure haven't shown it so far this year with 105.7 rush yards per game (83rd in the FCS) and only 3.45 yards per carry. Yeah, they played Cal but they've also played San Diego and Lehigh and only went for 2.8 yards per rush last week against Lehigh. They've only ran the ball 92 times (which includes sacks) and have thrown it 134 times on the season which is about a 40-60 run/pass split.

Their offense looks pretty one-dimensional to me but we'll see.

BisonBacker
September 16th, 2019, 12:01 PM
I was shocked at how they struggled with San Diego.

OldAggieAlum
September 16th, 2019, 01:59 PM

This old video shows how Davis scored 16 points in 20 seconds for a come from behind win. The game is real, the video clips are real, but the production and voice-over are a recreation.

https://vimeo.com/32149844

Thumper 76
September 16th, 2019, 02:02 PM
At the beginning of this year I liked Davis’s chances. Now, after some uninspiring games, I think they get shellacked. Hope I’m wrong, I would enjoy seeing ndsu tested and they have the offense to give ndsu a similar game to what EWU did in the dome a couple years back. Should be interesting to watch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lucchesicourt
September 16th, 2019, 02:18 PM
Well, the two teams from 2000 have played each other 6 times and the records for each are 3-3. UC Davis respects the Bison and knows their games relies on a strong running game. And Bison fans have also shown the same respect for the Aggies.

Having met in the D2 playoffs on multiple of occasions we both know what to expect from each other. I believe it will be a good close game as most have been. Will Davis miss Doss sure. How could any team not miss a future NFL caliber player. but, the

offense still possesses quality receivers who can catch and run. And, we definitely have a QB who can get the ball to them. This is how the Aggies played the game until they hired coach Gould. Gould went away from the UCD philosophy of bringing high

caliber passing QBs with several ended up playing pro ball. NDSU brings in a strong line on both sides of the ball, and it will be up to the defense to stop the run. I am unsure if NDSU can run with UCDs WRs. If not, then NDSU will be forced to place pressure

on the QB. If the O-line gives Maier time (which is what I am hoping), it could be a long day for NDSU. This would then open up the running game for our backs. Both of our backs, are the kind of guys who given an opening, can take it to the bank.

But, saying this I do think NDSU is definetly the favorite, and the Aggies will need a few breaks to take this game. NDSU has always been tough! And, I do not think that has changed over the years. After, NDSU left the Big West Conference they

performed better and better as have done the Ags. The key for the Ags was to find a coach who knew what it means to play for the Ags. Gould was never an Aggie at heart. This will be the first meeting since the Big West lost NDSU to the MVFC. Regardless

of the outcome, I will wish the best for our competitor, but I hope we Aggies win!

F'N Hawks
September 16th, 2019, 02:25 PM
Well, the two teams from 2000 have played each other 6 times and the records for each are 3-3. UC Davis respects the Bison and knows their games relies on a strong running game. And Bison fans have also shown the same respect for the Aggies.

Having met in the D2 playoffs on multiple of occasions we both know what to expect from each other. I believe it will be a good close game as most have been. Will Davis miss Doss sure. How could any team not miss a future NFL caliber player. but, the

offense still possesses quality receivers who can catch and run. And, we definitely have a QB who can get the ball to them. This is how the Aggies played the game until they hired coach Gould. Gould went away from the UCD philosophy of bringing high

caliber passing QBs with several ended up playing pro ball. NDSU brings in a strong line on both sides of the ball, and it will be up to the defense to stop the run. I am unsure if NDSU can run with UCDs WRs. If not, then NDSU will be forced to place pressure

on the QB. If the O-line gives Maier time (which is what I am hoping), it could be a long day for NDSU. This would then open up the running game for our backs. Both of our backs, are the kind of guys who given an opening, can take it to the bank.

But, saying this I do think NDSU is definetly the favorite, and the Aggies will need a few breaks to take this game. NDSU has always been tough! And, I do not think that has changed over the years. After, NDSU left the Big West Conference they

performed better and better as have done the Ags. The key for the Ags was to find a coach who knew what it means to play for the Ags. Gould was never an Aggie at heart. This will be the first meeting since the Big West lost NDSU to the MVFC. Regardless

of the outcome, I will wish the best for our competitor, but I hope we Aggies win!

The Davis OL will not be giving Maier time to throw, just forget that. He will need to throw it very quickly by plan.

lucchesicourt
September 16th, 2019, 02:41 PM
So, you think NDSU o-line is better than Cals?

Professor Chaos
September 16th, 2019, 02:44 PM
At the beginning of this year I liked Davis’s chances. Now, after some uninspiring games, I think they get shellacked. Hope I’m wrong, I would enjoy seeing ndsu tested and they have the offense to give ndsu a similar game to what EWU did in the dome a couple years back. Should be interesting to watch.

If Maier was as slippery as Gubrud was I'd agree with your comparison to EWU in '16 but I don't see it (granted I've only watched UC Davis play a couple times and that was in last year's playoffs). What gashed the Bison defense was Gubrud breaking the pocket and giving his receivers 6-7-8 seconds to get open. I don't think they'll have to worry about Maier nearly as much from that perspective.

lucchesicourt
September 16th, 2019, 02:46 PM
I think NDSU will be forced to blitz to put pressure on Maier.

TheKingpin28
September 16th, 2019, 02:53 PM
If Maier was as slippery as Gubrud was I'd agree with your comparison to EWU in '16 but I don't see it (granted I've only watched UC Davis play a couple times and that was in last year's playoffs). What gashed the Bison defense was Gubrud breaking the pocket and giving his receivers 6-7-8 seconds to get open. I don't think they'll have to worry about Maier nearly as much from that perspective.

Wasn't that the game where NDSU ran a 3 front non-spy defense? If so, we deserved everything we got from him.

TheKingpin28
September 16th, 2019, 02:53 PM
I think NDSU will be forced to blitz to put pressure on Maier.

If NDSU runs a traditional 4 front and keeps Cox on Maier, it will be a long day for Davis.

Professor Chaos
September 16th, 2019, 03:00 PM
Wasn't that the game where NDSU ran a 3 front non-spy defense? If so, we deserved everything we got from him.
For part of the game yes. They tried to play coverage and Gubrud was far too mobile for them to do that with how good EWU's receivers were (I believe 3 of them went to NFL camps the next fall and Kupp is obviously still doing well).

In '17 when they played in Cheney they had Gubrud completely baffled (although I do remember at least one critical drop by an EWU receiver) so Entz and company obviously knew the right knobs to turn with their gameplan.

Schism55
September 16th, 2019, 03:00 PM
Yes, never shall the Bison run that shyte again

TheKingpin28
September 16th, 2019, 03:02 PM
For part of the game yes. They tried to play coverage and Gubrud was far too mobile for them to do that with how good EWU's receivers were (I believe 3 of them went to NFL camps the next fall and Kupp is obviously still doing well).

In '17 when they played in Cheney they had Gubrud completely baffled (although I do remember at least one critical drop by an EWU receiver) so Entz and company obviously knew the right knobs to turn with their gameplan.

That is taking nothing away from Gage and his receivers (iirc, Kupp was injured halfway through the game) at all though. He knew how to beat a coverage defense and picked them apart. The fact that NDSU won that game was a little shocking to say the least. That said, if I ever see a 3 man front used on a consistent basis again, to play "coverage defense", I am sending in POD to take care of the issue and find a more "suitable" solution. xlolx

Professor
September 16th, 2019, 03:13 PM
Don't see them winning good game go. NDSU by 10

F'N Hawks
September 16th, 2019, 03:17 PM

Wut? You are now talking about the Davis defensive line?

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 16th, 2019, 03:26 PM

Watching Davis/Cal game?

Yes

The only way Davis will slow down the Bison running game is stacking the box with 8 or 9. But then Lance will run or pick them apart.

Davis is a good team but they are going to get beat raced IMO. Bad match up for them.

Professor Chaos
September 16th, 2019, 03:32 PM
I don't know anything about Cal's O-line but it would not surprise me if NDSU's is better. They've got 3 pro prospects IMO. I know that senior RG Zack Johnson is already getting a lot of looks from pro scouts. Junior LT Dillon Radunz is an athletic freak for his size that I would bet will be playing on Sundays in the fall of 2021. Junior RT Cordell Volson is the other guy I think has pro potential. His brother Tanner was an UDFA with the Chargers this year and Cordell has more prototypical NFL size than Tanner did and position versatility since he's played RG and RT in the last 2 years.

lucchesicourt
September 16th, 2019, 03:59 PM
Sorry error- I meant D-line. Which I am sure you know

Professor Chaos
September 16th, 2019, 04:03 PM
Reading the cliffnotes of Entz's presser today I found a couple of things interesting:
1) They were practicing during his press conference today which apparently is out of the norm. Sounds like he wasn't happy with the tackling (or lack thereof) against Delaware when he talked about why they practicing today.
2) Preseason all-MVFC free safety James Hendricks should be back this week.

F'N Hawks
September 16th, 2019, 04:04 PM
Sorry error- I meant D-line. Which I am sure you know

I would put NDSU's defensive line in the same conversation as Cal's. I would also add that it will be 10x louder for Maier to run the offense than it was at Cal.

lucchesicourt
September 16th, 2019, 04:05 PM
I actually agree. 8 in the box, but not until the clock gets down to 3 seconds or less. Too late to change the play. It would be a little gfuesswork on UCD's part. But, UCD will have to stop the NDSU run game or it could be a long day, unless NDSU drops the ball.

Silenoz
September 16th, 2019, 04:05 PM
NDSU by like a billion

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 16th, 2019, 04:16 PM
I don't know anything about Cal's O-line but it would not surprise me if NDSU's is better. They've got 3 pro prospects IMO. I know that senior RG Zack Johnson is already getting a lot of looks from pro scouts. Junior LT Dillon Radunz is an athletic freak for his size that I would bet will be playing on Sundays in the fall of 2021. Junior RT Cordell Volson is the other guy I think has pro potential. His brother Tanner was an UDFA with the Chargers this year and Cordell has more prototypical NFL size than Tanner did and position versatility since he's played RG and RT in the last 2 years.

Cal has a pretty good defense.

NDSUs OL is better IMO, after watching Cal/Davis game.

AmsterBison
September 16th, 2019, 04:18 PM
As far as I can tell, these are the last three regular season games featuring Top 5 matchups between teams not from the same conference:

2008 #5 James Madison 35 - #1 Appalachian State 32
2013 #4 Sam Houston State 49 - #2/3 Eastern Washington 34
2014 #1 North Dakota State 22 - #4/3 Montana 10

It doesn't happen very often.

Notes:
- Home team list first
- Media poll rank/coaches poll rank if the two differ.

lucchesicourt
September 16th, 2019, 04:38 PM
Sounds like you think NDSU is better than #23 Cal. Well, if that is the case we will need lots of luck and less skill.

TheKingpin28
September 16th, 2019, 04:41 PM
Sounds like you think NDSU is better than #23 Cal. Well, if that is the case we will need lots of luck and less skill.

On a neutral field, NDSU would be favored by 8 against Cal. Most people would agree, you take out the usual powerhouses from the FBS, and no team would want that fight. Obviously, they would lose to the big dawgs, but the middle of the pack P5 knows when they see a 701 number popup at the athletic department, they choose to ignore it. That's not arrogance, that's the truth. Our AD has gone on the record by telling others and even saying that he tries to get P5 games, but they do not want to schedule NDSU. If the game was at Cal, I'd be hesitant that they would win, but I can promise you that it would give their HC a heart attack.

Katfan
September 16th, 2019, 05:39 PM
Probably are. And yes you need some luck.

caribbeanhen
September 16th, 2019, 06:47 PM

Truth is they probably are, we don't know how high on the FBS poll the Bison are and instead of the rest of FCS catching up with them they are pulling away even more.....

just hand them trophy now book it

nodak651
September 16th, 2019, 07:06 PM
Bison fans will be disappointed..... because they will have to sit through another boring blow out. Hope I'm wrong.

POD Knows
September 16th, 2019, 07:10 PM
Bison fans will be disappointed..... because they will have to sit through another boring blow out. Hope I'm wrong.I am I the only one that thinks blow outs are completely awesome???

Professor Chaos
September 16th, 2019, 07:19 PM
I am I the only one that thinks blow outs are completely awesome???
http://66.media.tumblr.com/1426c2b97fb8d03a6ca4903624932da5/tumblr_mupbpdKllB1sphl01o1_250.gif

TheKingpin28
September 16th, 2019, 07:27 PM
I am I the only one that thinks blow outs are completely awesome???Not even close. Especially when it's a rival, as it's even better.

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 16th, 2019, 07:57 PM

Heck no. I love a good curb stomping....lol

AggieFinn
September 16th, 2019, 09:12 PM
I don't think Davis has the juice for this game right now but would love to see the Aggies put up an inspired, well planned and executed fight.

dewey
September 16th, 2019, 09:53 PM
If anyone needs 1 ticket for the game this weekend let me know. Section 5 row ii.

Cost: Face value.

PM me if interested.

Dewey

ming01
September 16th, 2019, 10:18 PM

I would take us over Cal and most of the Pac 12.

gumby013
September 16th, 2019, 10:49 PM
Line opens at -24

O/U of 59

Predicted score of ~ 41-17

agalum
September 16th, 2019, 11:34 PM
I don't think Davis has the juice for this game right now but would love to see the Aggies put up an inspired, well planned and executed fight.

Hate to say it but I agree with Finn. I expect this to play out similar to our Cal game. Close in the first half and the Bison pulling away in the second half.

TheKingpin28
September 17th, 2019, 05:42 AM
If anyone needs 1 ticket for the game this weekend let me know. Section 5 row ii.

Cost: Face value.

PM me if interested.

DeweyWinterborn???

dewey
September 17th, 2019, 05:48 AM

Hell no! I love blowouts. No chance to lose on a fluke play or bad call.

Dewey

dewey
September 17th, 2019, 05:49 AM
Winterborn???

If he wants it let me know. It is still available.

Dewey

TheKingpin28
September 17th, 2019, 06:02 AM

DeweyI know his work schedule is tough but I know he likes going to the games.

MR. CHICKEN
September 17th, 2019, 09:56 AM
Truth is they probably are, we don't know how high on the FBS poll the Bison are and instead of the rest of FCS catching up with them they are pulling away even more.....

just hand them trophy now book it

......SOMEBODAH....PUTTIN' SOMETHIN'.....IN DEY'RE.....MASHED POTATOES..............BRAWK!

MR. CHICKEN
September 17th, 2019, 09:59 AM
I would take us over Cal and most of the Pac 12.

..........WOW......JES' WOW!!!!!!!!!..........xeekx.......BRAWK!

Professor Chaos
September 17th, 2019, 10:31 AM
Both Sagarin and Massey would favor NDSU over 8 or 12 Pac-12 teams on a neutral field right now (they do differ in that Sagarin has NDSU a ways above Cal and Massey has NDSU slightly below Cal).

I'd say there's been a lot crazier things written on this board than that.

Silenoz
September 17th, 2019, 10:36 AM
This is news to you?

IBleedYellow
September 17th, 2019, 10:58 AM
Once we play actual competition I will say for sure whether we reloaded or not. Right now I'm feeling pretty confident, though.

uni88
September 17th, 2019, 11:18 AM
Both Sagarin and Massey would favor NDSU over 8 or 12 Pac-12 teams on a neutral field right now (they do differ in that Sagarin has NDSU a ways above Cal and Massey has NDSU slightly below Cal).

I'd say there's been a lot crazier things written on this board than that.I would love to see NDSU play Utah.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

AmsterBison
September 17th, 2019, 11:26 AM
Once we play actual competition I will say for sure whether we reloaded or not. Right now I'm feeling pretty confident, though.

Yeah, non-conference opponents coming to the FargoDome have some disadvantages compared to conference foes. The main one is that UC Davis hasn't been game planning for NDSU for the last 10 years or so.

In short, I don't think that MVFC teams who play NDSU close are necessarily all that much better than non-conference teams that get beat soundly... it's just that they have spent a lot more time preparing (including spring ball) specifically to beat NDSU. A great coaching staff can mitigate some of that.

I'd be very impressed if UC Davis wins in Fargo this Saturday.

MR. CHICKEN
September 17th, 2019, 11:27 AM

......HENS HUNG....22 ON YA'S........LAST YEARS BIZONSSSSS....DIDN'T LET IT HAPPEN.....AN' WE HAD MO' EXPERIENCE LAST YEAR..........BRAWK!

....HAS'NT BEEN ANY COMPETITION....FO' YEARS...IN FCS.......SINCE YA'S OWN DUH PAC.......'BAMA CLEMSON GA.............MIGHT GIVE YA'S UH GAME.........BRAWK!

POD Knows
September 17th, 2019, 11:35 AM
......HENS HUNG....22 ON YA'S........LAST YEARS BIZONSSSSS....DIDN'T LET IT HAPPEN.....AN' WE HAD MO' EXPERIENCE LAST YEAR..........BRAWK!

....HAS'NT BEEN ANY COMPETITION....FO' YEARS...IN FCS.......SINCE YA'S OWN DUH PAC.......'BAMA CLEMSON GA.............MIGHT GIVE YA'S UH GAME.........BRAWK!
This year's NDSU team is not as good as last year, I will state that with confidence, particularly on defense.

JSUSoutherner
September 17th, 2019, 11:46 AM
This year's NDSU team is not as good as last year, I will state that with confidence, particularly on defense.

But they are better at fake field goals.

Professor Chaos
September 17th, 2019, 11:58 AM
Yup, missing some explosiveness at DE and some consistency at LB. But that tends to happen when you lose 3 of your top 4 DEs and 2 of your top 3 LBs. The impressive thing is the rest of the team doesn't seem to have skipped a beat (yet) and they lost quality players all over the lineup on both sides.

Schism55
September 17th, 2019, 12:03 PM
https://twitter.com/jeffculhane/status/1173969302048968704

POD Knows
September 17th, 2019, 12:22 PM
Yup, missing some explosiveness at DE and some consistency at LB. But that tends to happen when you lose 3 of your top 4 DEs and 2 of your top 3 LBs. The impressive thing is the rest of the team doesn't seem to have skipped a beat (yet) and they lost quality players all over the lineup on both sides.This might be a better team offensively than last year but I think there are a ton of questions on the D yet. We will see this weekend. I like Entz's approach on this, he doesn't seem to "accept" sloppiness and has called the D out a few times even though the defense has played a lot better than I actually expected at this point in the year.

Silenoz
September 17th, 2019, 12:40 PM
So instead of being the 3rd or 4th best team in the history of FCS, they're only like 8th?

Silenoz
September 17th, 2019, 12:42 PM

That might be a few years (if ever). UNI might pretend to be good for a little while, but we know how that always goes.

POD Knows
September 17th, 2019, 12:42 PM
So instead of being the 3rd or 4th best team in the history of FCS, they're only like 8th?More like 9th at this point, the previous 7 NDSU teams that actually won National Championships would have to be ranked in front of them and I suppose Marshall has to be in there some place. :D

Ivytalk
September 17th, 2019, 01:31 PM
I don’t see Davis coming within 20 of the Big Bovidae from Fargo.

Bisonator
September 17th, 2019, 01:59 PM

So did we, a lot more experience and we were at home last year.

Of course not, you're comparing a senior laden team with about 3-4 years of starting experience across the board to a very young team with about 1 year of experience. Not to mention pretty much a whole new coaching staff or at least new roles among them. This team is only going to get better and it's already pretty damn good! There will be some lumps along the way I'm sure but it's fun to watch these guys develop.

IBleedYellow
September 17th, 2019, 02:14 PM

Of course not, you're comparing a senior laden team with about 3-4 years of starting experience across the board to a very young team with about 1 year of experience. Not to mention pretty much a whole new coaching staff or at least new roles among them. This team is only going to get better and it's already pretty damn good! There will be some lumps along the way I'm sure but it's fun to watch these guys develop.

That's the scary part. They pretty much can only go UP from here (at least with regards to experience).

gregatim
September 17th, 2019, 02:26 PM

I don't think we reloaded so much as we grabbed a new gun with bigger bullets and more range. Once the gun, bullets, and scope are all dialed in, this team will be an absolute nightmare for opposing teams.

frozennorth
September 17th, 2019, 02:30 PM
not yet maybe.

The offense might be better.

POD Knows
September 17th, 2019, 02:55 PM
not yet maybe.

The offense might be better.
Yea. I had clarified my statement about the offense on another post. They appear to be really freaking good on offense with all sorts of upside.

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 17th, 2019, 03:42 PM

I agree. This team is very young. By the middle to end of the regular season, they will be a machine.

They're going to stomp Davis on Saturday!!

cx500d
September 17th, 2019, 04:36 PM

Dewey

I don’t think he had a ticket. I’ll send him a text

cx500d
September 17th, 2019, 04:42 PM
Winterborn???

Winterborn says he has one

TheKingpin28
September 17th, 2019, 04:51 PM
Winterborn says he has one

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkAlright. Wasnt sure so I thought I'd suggest him.

caribbeanhen
September 17th, 2019, 06:01 PM

is # 25 any good? he seemed only mortal in the plays I saw him

ASU33
September 17th, 2019, 06:21 PM
I like the Bison to pull off a close one.

Lehigh'98
September 17th, 2019, 06:45 PM
Serious question, what FCS teams stay within 3 TD’s of NDSU at home? There can’t be more than 3 or 4.

Hammerhead
September 17th, 2019, 07:26 PM
Sagarin has something like 6 or 7 FCS teams less than a 21-point underdog vs. NDSU.

Serious question, what FCS teams stay within 3 TD’s of NDSU at home? There can’t be more than 3 or 4.

TheKingpin28
September 17th, 2019, 07:32 PM

SDSU
EWU (If they can find a defense)
Montana (Wa-Grizz is a fortress)
UNI
JMU
Towson (The offense would move the ball)

That would be my guess.

AmsterBison
September 17th, 2019, 07:56 PM

Close. From 2011 and on:

Montana 1 out of 2 times
Wofford: 1 for 2
Charleston Southern: 1 for 1
Eastern Washington: 1 for 1
Georgia Southern: 1 for 2
James Madison: 2 for 2
Coastal Carolina: 1 for 2

Looks like 28 out of 36 non-conference games (including playoffs) have been decided by 21 or more points in NDSU's favor (from 2011 on.) Before then, it was pretty easy to win at NDSU.

POD Knows
September 17th, 2019, 08:13 PM
is # 25 any good? he seemed only mortal in the plays I saw himWho, Tutsie? He is mortal, for now, but he is only a sophomore. We have had a lot of pretty good D backs up here, some played in the NFL for a while. The NDSU D has had strong linebackers for quite a while, we are down this year in that area but we are young. The NDSU offense could be really something in the next few years, lights out good. We will see.

caribbeanhen
September 17th, 2019, 08:23 PM

and maybe only a dozen or so FBS teams for that matter, we just don't know how good they really are playing at FCS

Lorne_Malvo
September 17th, 2019, 08:24 PM
is # 25 any good? he seemed only mortal in the plays I saw him

2 picks against UND.

caribbeanhen
September 17th, 2019, 08:31 PM
Who, Tutsie? He is mortal, for now, but he is only a sophomore. We have had a lot of pretty good D backs up here, some played in the NFL for a while. The NDSU D has had strong linebackers for quite a while, we are down this year in that area but we are young. The NDSU offense could be really something in the next few years, lights out good. We will see.

in a couple of years, they looked pretty good right now

Why not schedule the FBS champ? I would love to see that game....

POD Knows
September 17th, 2019, 08:44 PM

Why not schedule the FBS champ? I would love to see that game....How are we supposed to do that. We play Oregon next year, and Arizona in 2022, it is hard to get a decent FBS game when your program is known for cheating and flagrant tricksterism.

caribbeanhen
September 17th, 2019, 08:58 PM
How are we supposed to do that. We play Oregon next year, and Arizona in 2022, it is hard to get a decent FBS game when your program is known for cheating and flagrant tricksterism.

Your Coach is turning out to be a regular Randall McMurphy..... crazy like a fox

https://www.bfi.org.uk/sites/bfi.org.uk/files/styles/full/public/image/one-flew-over-the-cuckoos-nest-1975-002-jack-nicholson-portrait.jpg?itok=cstJgUaF

ElCid
September 17th, 2019, 09:02 PM
It sure would be nice if Davis won and threw a wrench into everybody's polls...but probably won't happen. I think NDSU can be beat if the balls bounce the right way, but UC Davis will need some luck. I can see a 10-20 point win for the Bison though. Doubt it will be a blow out.

X-Factor
September 17th, 2019, 09:07 PM

Yeah, fun leading up to it but I bet we get beat quite soundly if it was taken seriously by the opposition

We have Oregon next fall. That will be a big enough test.

MR. CHICKEN
September 17th, 2019, 09:26 PM
It sure would be nice if Davis won and threw a wrench into everybody's polls...but probably won't happen. I think NDSU can be beat if the balls bounce the right way, but UC Davis will need some luck. I can see a 10-20 point win for the Bison though. Doubt it will be a blow out.

.....YOU HAVEN'T...BEEN PAYIN' ATTENTION.....LAST SEVERAL YEARS..........AWK!

ElCid
September 17th, 2019, 09:36 PM
.....YOU HAVEN'T...BEEN PAYIN' ATTENTION.....LAST SEVERAL YEARS..........AWK!

It could very well be, but I doubt it. They might be looking ahead to the next couple weeks and not play perfect. Plus I think UC Davis is better than people think. They played Cal pretty tough.

Professor Chaos
September 17th, 2019, 10:46 PM

According to a recent interview from former head coach Chris Klieman they "tried to schedule Bama" while he was at NDSU but that it "didn't happen" (obviously). Yet Nick Saban says they'll play anyone who wants to play them. Something doesn't add up.

Schism55
September 17th, 2019, 10:52 PM
According to a recent interview from former head coach Chris Klieman they "tried to schedule Bama" while he was at NDSU but that it "didn't happen" (obviously). Yet Nick Saban says they'll play anyone who wants to play them. Something doesn't add up.
If you've paid any attention to Alabama's schedule, that's obviously bullshyte.

JacksFan40
September 17th, 2019, 11:10 PM
Alabama from what I’ve seen only schedules regional FCS games, Citadel, Chattanooga, WCU etc.
And Alabama has had some problems with FCS teams like Citadel last year and Georgia Southern back in like 2012 or something. If Alabama played NDSU like they played Citadel last year during the first half NDSU would keep it close. Until of course they get a classic Saban halftime speech and Bama wins by 30.

dewey
September 17th, 2019, 11:12 PM

Do you have a link to that article/interview? I would love to hear the entirety.

Thanks.

Dewey

Professor Chaos
September 17th, 2019, 11:43 PM
Do you have a link to that article/interview? I would love to hear the entirety.

Thanks.

Dewey
Not sure if there's audio. Someone on Bisoville posted this tweet from K-State's 247sports guy.

https://twitter.com/Riley_Gates/status/1171482116309151745

AmsterBison
September 18th, 2019, 07:40 AM

Alabama like to play FCS teams in November. No way is NDSU going to play Alabama right before the playoffs. That's probably why the game never happened.

Hammerhead
September 18th, 2019, 08:35 AM

Considering Sagarin had NDSU favored by 9 over Cal in the Fargodome, I'd say yes.

- - - Updated - - -

Considering Sagarin had NDSU favored by 9 over Cal in the Fargodome, I'd say yes.

Professor Chaos
September 18th, 2019, 08:44 AM
Alabama from what I’ve seen only schedules regional FCS games, Citadel, Chattanooga, WCU etc.
And Alabama has had some problems with FCS teams like Citadel last year and Georgia Southern back in like 2012 or something. If Alabama played NDSU like they played Citadel last year during the first half NDSU would keep it close. Until of course they get a classic Saban halftime speech and Bama wins by 30.

Alabama like to play FCS teams in November. No way is NDSU going to play Alabama right before the playoffs. That's probably why the game never happened.
Yep, usually the week before the Iron Bowl. They've had a tendency to come out a little sluggish is those games too. There was that Georgia Southern game in '11 where they gave up a metric **** ton of rushing yards and then I think just a year or two ago they were consensus #1 at the time but were down 3-0 to Chattanooga at the end of the 1st quarter.

I know they prefer to play regional FCS schools (as long as it's not Jacksonville St) but Saban isn't dumb either... they schedule their FCS game in week 12 to give themselves a pseudo-bye week before the big rivalry each game year. NDSU is not a good choice for a pseudo-bye week for anyone, Alabama included.

Schism55
September 18th, 2019, 01:08 PM
Sadly, I have yet to see UC Davis play at all this season. The San Diego score was an eye opener. Intrigued to see Maier sling it around the dome. Really hoping James Hendricks is going to play, anyone know his status for this week?
Go Bison!

Bisonator
September 18th, 2019, 01:14 PM
Sadly, I have yet to see UC Davis play at all this season. The San Diego score was an eye opener. Intrigued to see Maier sling it around the dome. Really hoping James Hendricks is going to play, anyone know his status for this week?
Go Bison!
Sounds like James is good to go, could have played last week but they kept him out for precautionary reasons.

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 19th, 2019, 05:58 AM
Go Bison!

The Davis defense is very mediocre. Bison steamroll that line. No way the Davis defense slows down the Bison offense.

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 19th, 2019, 05:45 PM
Bison 45-17

Davis does not have the defense to stop the Bison. The Bison OL is too good and will have their way with the Davis DL. This Bison offense is turning out to be very good. Too many weapons to defend. The Bison defense is good enough to slow down and stop Davis IMO, but not the other way for Davis.

NDSU rolls Davis.

AggiePride
September 19th, 2019, 05:50 PM
I’m liking these odds; any good place I could bet on the game?

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 19th, 2019, 05:57 PM
I’m liking these odds; any good place I could bet on the game?

Vegas has been spot on with the Bison so far this year.

Your coach has been on the radio 3-4 times on different stations here this week and he seems like a good one.

Finesse versus power. I like the match up.

AggiePride
September 19th, 2019, 06:08 PM
Finesse only gets you so far; D-line is gonna have to bring it. Not concerned about our O-line.

TheKingpin28
September 19th, 2019, 06:35 PM
Finesse only gets you so far; D-line is gonna have to bring it. Not concerned about our O-line.

I will let you in a little secret. Your Oline is not prepared for the Bison Dline. That is no sleight at them, just that, unless Maier plans on doing 5/7 step dropbacks, he'll be making sure he brings in protection real quick. If they allow Cox to roam free, Maier will get frustrated real quick.

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 19th, 2019, 06:45 PM
I will let you in a little secret. Your Oline is not prepared for the Bison Dline. That is no sleight at them, just that, unless Maier plans on doing 5/7 step dropbacks, he'll be making sure he brings in protection real quick. If they allow Cox to roam free, Maier will get frustrated real quick.

Quick passes will be what they do IMO to try and neutralize the Bison pass rush.

IMO, Davis is going to run blitz on most obvious running downs. The Bison RBs if they get by the 1st level will be gone. I bet Kobe and Ty have very good rushing numbers. If they sit back in their defense they will get steamrolled.

Trey will have a good day also. Passing game should open up with the running game getting attention. Davis has good corners so I'm guessing they will leave them on an island to bring extra defenders in the box.

Bison roll.

TheKingpin28
September 19th, 2019, 06:51 PM
Quick passes will be what they do IMO to try and neutralize the Bison pass rush.

IMO, Davis is going to run blitz on most obvious running downs. The Bison RBs if they get by the 1st level will be gone. I bet Kobe and Ty have very good rushing numbers. If they sit back in their defense they will get steamrolled.

Trey will have a good day also. Passing game should open up with the running game getting attention. Davis has good corners so I'm guessing they will leave them on an island to bring extra defenders in the box.

Bison roll.

TE slants and quick outs is what I'd expect too. They will get yards, but I expect a bend but don't break mentality. If they continually send 8 and 9, I'd like to see Lance send it up to Watson and Sproles or call for the PA Screen play and burn them. They will be forced to unstack the box (even though that is not a good things since Lance is a solid passer) and I want to see Power A-Gap smashmouth football.

AggiePride
September 19th, 2019, 07:00 PM

I have read the thread, I understand the consensus is we have no chance and will be steamrolled. Sorry for triggering you.

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 19th, 2019, 07:39 PM
TE slants and quick outs is what I'd expect too. They will get yards, but I expect a bend but don't break mentality. If they continually send 8 and 9, I'd like to see Lance send it up to Watson and Sproles or call for the PA Screen play and burn them. They will be forced to unstack the box (even though that is not a good things since Lance is a solid passer) and I want to see Power A-Gap smashmouth football.

Delaware crashed hard on the A gap along with UND. Perimeter runs will be open then.

Going to be another version of the spread.....xboringx

cx500d
September 19th, 2019, 10:02 PM
I have read the thread, I understand the consensus is we have no chance and will be steamrolled. Sorry for triggering you.

I for one am not as confident as these two...then again, I never am. My nerves will be frazzled. I hope the tailgate will allow my nerves to mellow. Kpin, are you bringing the mich golden light? My girlfriend thinks that is skunk beer.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

BisonFan02
September 19th, 2019, 10:09 PM
I for one am not as confident as these two...then again, I never am. My nerves will be frazzled. I hope the tailgate will allow my nerves to mellow. Kpin, are you bringing the mich golden light? My girlfriend thinks that is skunk beer.

It is.

cx500d
September 19th, 2019, 10:48 PM
It is.

Must be why I like it.

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 20th, 2019, 06:22 AM

No being pessimistic for you at the tailgate....xrolleyesx:D

Plus you better be ready for getting bumped around during the game cus I will probably be pretty animated in my cheering....:D

semobison
September 20th, 2019, 07:02 AM
Vegas has been spot on with the Bison so far this year.

Your coach has been on the radio 3-4 times on different stations here this week and he seems like a good one.

Finesse versus power. I like the match up.

Dan Hawkins has been around. He was the head coach at Boise State when they started to get some national attention in the early 2000's. He moved on to Colorado where he had limited success.

TheKingpin28
September 20th, 2019, 07:26 AM

Sent from my iPad using TapatalkYou're damn right I am bringing the goods! They will be bottles, as usual. She will realize that Golden Light is the good stuff.

TheKingpin28
September 20th, 2019, 07:27 AM
It is.#Wrong

TheKingpin28
September 20th, 2019, 07:27 AM
I have read the thread, I understand the consensus is we have no chance and will be steamrolled. Sorry for triggering you.I didnt realize I was a snowflake.

TheKingpin28
September 20th, 2019, 07:28 AM

Plus you better be ready for getting bumped around during the game cus I will probably be pretty animated in my cheering....:DWe might cut you off from your tea if you get too animated. xlolx

MR. CHICKEN
September 20th, 2019, 07:30 AM
You're damn right I am bringing the goods! They will be bottles, as usual. She will realize that Golden Light is the good stuff.

....GIVE DAT GIRL....WHAA SHE REALLY NEEDS.......DOGFISH HEAD.............................................. .............xbeerchugx.......BRAWK!

POD Knows
September 20th, 2019, 11:50 AM
I got Davis in this one, that bench jockey Henderson from UDpicked the Bison secondary apart, what is going to happen when UC Davis shows up. This game ends up being a shootout with the Bison on the short end of a 42-35 score. Sell the stocks, the bonds, the house, bet it all because this is a lock #BOOKIT

AggiePride
September 20th, 2019, 12:18 PM
I didnt realize I was a snowflake.

I had not realized you had a whole 9 sacks this season when I made that comment; you will have to forgive me.

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 20th, 2019, 01:05 PM
I got Davis in this one, that bench jockey Henderson from UDpicked the Bison secondary apart, what is going to happen when UC Davis shows up. This game ends up being a shootout with the Bison on the short end of a 42-35 score. Sell the stocks, the bonds, the house, bet it all because this is a lock #BOOKIT

Dang it.....I was hoping the POD was going to stay quiet on this one....xsmhx

Anyone need some tickets for this game?

I'm staying home!

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 20th, 2019, 01:07 PM
Dan Hawkins has been around. He was the head coach at Boise State when they started to get some national attention in the early 2000's. He moved on to Colorado where he had limited success.

I like this match up for the Bison.

IMO, the David defense will not hold up against the Bison offense. And the Bison defense is good enough to get stops and keep the ball in the offense's hands.

TennBison
September 20th, 2019, 01:13 PM

That's it, you are not allowed to post any more, giving away our top secret secrets. How are we going to win games with that kind of info getting out??

lucchesicourt
September 20th, 2019, 02:08 PM
The Aggie fans are keeping our best secret a secret.

I thought I read the NDSU Bisons have 9 sacks as do the Aggies. Also, the top ranked defenses as predicted in all of football has Cal at #5 (https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2836930-predicting-the-top-10-defenses-in-college-football-for-2019#slide7).

So, I do not think NDSU can be in anyway better than Cal, but I guess the Bison and fans think they are. That is good for the UCD offense. Just relax a little bit is all it takes.

Bisonator
September 20th, 2019, 02:16 PM
I like how both sides are confident in their teams.

Bison fans need to remember when we thought our team would thump Charleston Southern and EWU when they came to Fargo in 2016. Yeah that didn't go as planned did it. I'm not saying Davis will do the same but ya never know with a young team like we have either.

Davis fans talking up Cal reminds me of the 2011 game against Georgia Southern........but 'bama haha

cx500d
September 20th, 2019, 02:28 PM

Plus you better be ready for getting bumped around during the game cus I will probably be pretty animated in my cheering....:D

That’s fine! I’m sure I will be too

cx500d
September 20th, 2019, 02:29 PM

I'm staying home!

I’ll take two

AggiePride
September 20th, 2019, 02:30 PM

Bison fans need to remember when we thought our team would thump Charleston Southern and EWU when they came to Fargo in 2016. Yeah that didn't go as planned did it. I'm not saying Davis will do the same but ya never know with a young team like we have either.

Davis fans talking up Cal reminds me of the 2011 game against Georgia Southern........but 'bama haha

I don’t know about confident, playing in the dome is a nightmare, and our first game against EWU last year in a tough away game hangs in my mind. But I guess saying you have faith in any aspect of your team is crossing the line at NDSUsaturday.com

lucchesicourt
September 20th, 2019, 02:31 PM
Well, Cal is 3-0 and beat #22 Washington or had you not noticed. Your record is no better. 3-0 is 3-0 am I right or am I right?

cx500d
September 20th, 2019, 02:35 PM
Well, Cal is 3-0 and beat #22 Washington or had you not noticed. Your record is no better. 3-0 is 3-0 am I right or am I right?

Now I’m really worried

cx500d
September 20th, 2019, 02:39 PM

Now you say this, after I spent money on airfare and hotel? You couldn’t have said something last week when I saw you? I don’t like wasting all that money on an unwinnable game.

Bisonator
September 20th, 2019, 02:48 PM
I don’t know about confident, playing in the dome is a nightmare, and our first game against EWU last year in a tough away game hangs in my mind. But I guess saying you have faith in any aspect of your team is crossing the line at NDSUsaturday.com
Said I liked the confidence in your team. Sheeesh.

Yep, not sure what that has to do with our game on Saturday. We aren't playing Cal.:D

Lorne_Malvo
September 20th, 2019, 03:17 PM

Sagarin has Cal 20 spots behind NDSU. Just something I noticed.

lucchesicourt
September 20th, 2019, 03:36 PM
That would make them # -3 in all of D1 at this time. Now that would be pretty darn good. I would concede now. Because I know we cannot beat Cal or Bama! But, you would be 3 spots better than Bama. So, I guess Sagarin Also has you ranked over Bama.

That is the nice thing about playing the game. Computer rankings are not really indicative of actual results. There are at least 10-20 D1 teams that would beat NDSU. And some quite handily.

caribbeanhen
September 20th, 2019, 03:45 PM

Nice, usually Bison fans don't like to bring this up..... I mean a top 20 FBS team whippin up on lil ole FCS....

AggiePride
September 20th, 2019, 03:54 PM

You really believe that, don’t you?

caribbeanhen
September 20th, 2019, 04:11 PM

they don't want you to know it but you better believe it....

AggiePride
September 20th, 2019, 04:23 PM
they don't want you to know it but you better believe it....

The pinnacle of hubris.

POD Knows
September 20th, 2019, 04:26 PM

I'm staying home!You should, the Bison are going to get exposed, big time in the secondary. I am thinking about going golfing just so I can miss the carnage. #BOOKIT

I need to stay home and think about my AGS poll when the Bison lose, #BOOKIT #Blownuppoll

POD Knows
September 20th, 2019, 04:33 PM
Now you say this, after I spent money on airfare and hotel? You couldn’t have said something last week when I saw you? I don’t like wasting all that money on an unwinnable game.

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkWhat the hell is wrong with you, why would you book a ticket to a game we clearly can't win #BOOKIT, you should have came to the UND game. I think I am going to double down to recoup my losses in this game, lost $200 on the UND loss to Richmond, I am going to get it back in this game, Davis, even money, that bet will be gold, yea, I am feeling it. #BOOKIT

frozennorth
September 20th, 2019, 05:57 PM
I would expect NDSU to beat Cal. Touchdown favorites sounds about right.

AggiePride
September 20th, 2019, 06:10 PM
I would expect NDSU to beat Cal. Touchdown favorites sounds about right.

OK.

cx500d
September 20th, 2019, 06:50 PM
Who from Davis is actually going to the game?

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 20th, 2019, 08:46 PM

Yeah maybe.

I'd pick the Bison against the Patriots....xthumbsupx

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 21st, 2019, 04:50 AM
Bison Gameday!!!!!!

http://www.fcs.football/cfb/story.asp?i=20190919070956367984504&ref=rec&tm=&src=FCS

Pretty good write up by Haley.

Davis 2 deep roster on defense looks like the front 7 are small. LBs are 215 and smaller. Pretty easy to guess what the Bison will try to do: Run the ball!!

Herder
September 21st, 2019, 06:06 AM
That would make them # -3 in all of D1 at this time. Now that would be pretty darn good. I would concede now. Because I know we cannot beat Cal or Bama! But, you would be 3 spots better than Bama. So, I guess Sagarin Also has you ranked over Bama.

That is the nice thing about playing the game. Computer rankings are not really indicative of actual results. There are at least 10-20 D1 teams that would beat NDSU. And some quite handily.

Sure, agree. But Cal ain’t one of them 20. We are talking about the Cal Bears, right. Did you just use Cal and Bama in the same sentence?

TheKingpin28
September 21st, 2019, 06:41 AM
Up and ready to get this train rolling.

TennBison
September 21st, 2019, 07:02 AM
Yeah maybe.

I'd pick the Bison against the Patriots....xthumbsupx
How about if the Bison played DA Bears? I would pick DA BEARS. Or How about if the Bison played against Mike Ditka, I would pick Ditka.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9NO24hbe8Q

Thumper 76
September 21st, 2019, 09:43 AM

https://media1.giphy.com/media/uUIFcDYRbvJTtxaFNa/giphy.gif

Ah, someone hasn’t dealt with ndsu fans before a game I see xlolx

Lorne_Malvo
September 21st, 2019, 10:33 AM

What kind of math did you learn in school to come up with this ridiculous statement?

dewey
September 21st, 2019, 10:52 AM
Happy Gameday all!

Here is the NDSU Gameday preview of UC Davis.

https://youtu.be/YtA-QvPhygY

My humble prediction
NDSU 45
UC Davis 24

Dewey

dewey
September 21st, 2019, 01:11 PM
Sure, agree. But Cal ain’t one of them 20. We are talking about the Cal Bears, right. Did you just use Cal and Bama in the same sentence?

Well Cal is #23 right now.

Today will be a really good test for both teams.

Go Bison!

Dewey

dewey
September 21st, 2019, 02:34 PM
There has been talk by the Bison 1660 am radio show (The Insiders) about how UC Davis agreed to the game without much persuasion.

Kudos to the Aggies for taking on the game.

Go Bison!

Game time!

Dewey

dewey
September 21st, 2019, 02:37 PM
Nice 3 and out forced by the Bison.

Good pressure on 3rd down.

Dewey

JSUSoutherner
September 21st, 2019, 02:37 PM
UC Davis looks overrated already?

Shocker.

dewey
September 21st, 2019, 02:38 PM
Big punt return by Trevor Heit!

Bison 1st and 10 at the 35 or so of UC Davis.

Dewey

JSUSoutherner
September 21st, 2019, 02:38 PM
LMFAO

dewey
September 21st, 2019, 02:39 PM
Dang official can't get out of the way on a wide open reciever that would have been a 1st down.

1st down at the 16.

Dewey

X-Factor
September 21st, 2019, 02:40 PM
That ump is going to likely get downgraded

CassBison
September 21st, 2019, 02:41 PM
The umpire looks like the best defensive player for UC Davis

dewey
Nice run by Lance. 1st and goal from 3.

Dewey

dewey
TOUCHDOWN BISON! Adam Cofield.

7-0 1158 to go 1st quarter.

Dewey

Drblankstare
September 21st, 2019, 02:43 PM
JC that was easy. I know Davis isn’t exactly known for their defense but damn

JSUSoutherner
September 21st, 2019, 02:46 PM
Maier ain't looking good yet.

dewey
September 21st, 2019, 02:47 PM
Back to back 3 and outs by the Bison defense.

Dewey

Christiank22
September 21st, 2019, 02:54 PM
UC Davis Qb is supposed to be good?

Drblankstare
September 21st, 2019, 02:58 PM
Here we go. That was a great pass from Meier

Prime Power
September 21st, 2019, 02:58 PM
7-7 NDSU looking like Dbags.

Daytripper
September 21st, 2019, 02:59 PM

Yes. See that throw?

Prime Power
September 21st, 2019, 03:00 PM

He is good? What game are you watching?

semobison
September 21st, 2019, 03:00 PM
7-7, the last two plays Meier had all day to throw!

Prime Power
September 21st, 2019, 03:04 PM
And 3 and out for Bison......

dewey
September 21st, 2019, 03:05 PM
Big broken coverage by NDSU that allowed UC Davis to get that big 1st down.

3 and out by Bison.

Dewey

Drblankstare
September 21st, 2019, 03:06 PM
UCD defense fast running line to line. Bison offense should concentrate on the middle maybe

dewey
September 21st, 2019, 03:07 PM
Nice big hit by Cox on that wr screen.

Big 3rd down for the Bison.

Dewey

Drblankstare
September 21st, 2019, 03:13 PM
Good game so far. UCD defense looks good after getting stuck with a short field on the 1st drive

Lorne_Malvo
September 21st, 2019, 03:15 PM
NDSU looking terrible so far. Stupid mistakes, dumb penalties, broken coverage, high snaps, fumbles, etc...

dewey
September 21st, 2019, 03:20 PM
Big TFL by Biegler.

Dewey

JSUSoutherner
September 21st, 2019, 03:21 PM
UCD came to play!

dewey
September 21st, 2019, 03:23 PM
UCD came to play!

Yep. Big response by UC Davis. Beautiful call on the screen.

Big call on the offensive pass interference. That was really close.

Dewey

Prime Power
NDSU not as good as they think they are. Looking at you Entz.

AggiePride
UCD came to play!

xthumbsupx

JSUSoutherner
September 21st, 2019, 03:24 PM
Wow.

Bison56
September 21st, 2019, 03:24 PM
Wow huge call.

JSUSoutherner
September 21st, 2019, 03:26 PM
Bison lucked out with that call.

dewey
September 21st, 2019, 03:27 PM
Wow huge call.

The side replays it looked the the correct revised call.

Big 49 yard field goal by UC Davis.

10-7 Aggies lead.

Dewey

Bison56
Bison lucked out with that call.

Big time, now they have to get something on offense going.

TheKingpin28
Davis line needs help but they are just making plays when they need to.

Bison56
September 21st, 2019, 03:28 PM
The side replays it looked the the correct revised call.

Big 49 yard field goal by UC Davis.

10-7 Aggies lead.

Dewey

It did but imo it was close enough to go either way, I was surprised.

JSUSoutherner
September 21st, 2019, 03:34 PM
How did that play not get reviewed?

Drblankstare
September 21st, 2019, 03:35 PM
We got a good game here in the 1st half

dewey
September 21st, 2019, 03:35 PM
Big run by Brooks and then Lance on 3rd down luckily didn't have his knees touch.

14-10 Bison mid 2nd quarter.

Dewey

gregatim
September 21st, 2019, 03:36 PM

Had to be reviewed. Correct call was made.

dewey
September 21st, 2019, 03:36 PM

Agreed. It didn't seem that obvious to me. Maybe the official had the best angle but in real time not to check.

Dewey

grizband
September 21st, 2019, 03:37 PM
His foot was out of bounds

JSUSoutherner
September 21st, 2019, 03:43 PM
Talk about a momentum shift.

dewey
September 21st, 2019, 03:43 PM
Big hit on the stunt by Tzuska to force a bad throw and then a nice pick by Cox.

Dewey

Drblankstare
September 21st, 2019, 03:45 PM
Huge, Possession here, UCD can keep the pressure on with a stop

dewey
September 21st, 2019, 03:48 PM
Gindorf with a big drop that would have kept this drive going.

14-10 317 to go 2nd quarter.

Dewey

dewey
September 21st, 2019, 03:51 PM
Destin Talbert (NDSU #33) has had a few bad plays today.

Dewey

dewey
September 21st, 2019, 03:57 PM
NDSU now starting to bring pressure via the blitz.

4th down for UC Davis.

Dewey

JSUSoutherner
September 21st, 2019, 03:58 PM
Just got to hold on here. Can't let the Bison get points before half.

dewey
September 21st, 2019, 03:58 PM
Big 44 yard field goal by UC Davis.

14-13 NDSU 0:54 to go 2nd quarter.

Does NDSU do anything offensively before the half?

Dewey

Prime Power
September 21st, 2019, 04:01 PM
NDSU offense is hot garbage right now. Trey Lance Heisman hype derailed.

dewey
September 21st, 2019, 04:07 PM
Big kick by NDSU kicker to take a 17-13 lead into the half.

Nice drive by the Bison.

Dewey

centennial
September 21st, 2019, 04:09 PM
What a disappointing half of football...

dewey
September 21st, 2019, 04:10 PM
NDSU gets the ball to start the 2nd half. Make some halftime adjustments about making sure to catch the ball and get the busted coverages and mistakes on defense taken care of.

This is still a young team that is prone to mistakes.

Dewey

POD Knows
September 21st, 2019, 04:11 PM
Davis came to play. No fear on offense. Little surprised the Bison are struggling this much on offense. The punter for Davis can flat out punt.

semobison
September 21st, 2019, 04:21 PM
Nice to get 3 before the half. When is the last time we did that?
Meier reminds me a little bit of Drew Bree's. Damn good QB!
TOP and yardage fairly even at the half. A nice long drive to start the 3rd qtr. would go a long way in deciding this game. I think we can wear them down.

Bisonator
September 21st, 2019, 04:21 PM
Good game so far. Aggies came to play. Impressed with Maier but more so their defense has done a good job tackling and plugging up our ground game so far. We are making mistakes in the secondary that need to be cleaned up. Tackling has been an issue as well. Couple crazy plays, ref calls and replays but I think the officials got them right for the most part. Make some adjustments and pound the rock down their throats to start the second. Huge opening drive for both teams coming up.

centennial
September 21st, 2019, 04:25 PM
Good game so far. Aggies came to play. Impressed with Maier but more so their defense has done a good job tackling and plugging up our ground game so far. We are making mistakes in the secondary that need to be cleaned up. Tackling has been an issue as well. Couple crazy plays, ref calls and replays but I think the officials got them right for the most part. Make some adjustments and pound the rock down their throats to start the second. Huge opening drive for both teams coming up.

When teams are more closely matched you take whatever the defense gives you. A short passing game can easily open up the running game. Plenty of ways to get the TOP.

centennial
September 21st, 2019, 04:32 PM
More ****.

Bison56
September 21st, 2019, 04:33 PM
Huge D stand after the turnover.

dewey
September 21st, 2019, 04:33 PM
Huge D stand after the turnover.

Absolutely! Huge stop!

Dewey

centennial
September 21st, 2019, 04:34 PM
What a stupid series of events. Take the 3 points.

dewey
September 21st, 2019, 04:36 PM
What a stupid series of events. Take the 3 points.

Agreed. Their kicker appears solid. Cut the lead to 1.

Dewey

Bison56
September 21st, 2019, 04:36 PM
Nice pass to Watson.

Drblankstare
September 21st, 2019, 04:37 PM
When did Kermit the Frog join the booth?

dewey
September 21st, 2019, 04:37 PM
Big throw and catch from Lance to Watson.

1st ang goal the 9.

Dewey

dewey
September 21st, 2019, 04:38 PM
UC Davis has done a nice job scouting some of the NDSU tirickery.

Dewey

dewey
September 21st, 2019, 04:40 PM
Nice drive taking 7 minutes off the clock to go ahead 20-13.

Dewey

centennial
September 21st, 2019, 04:42 PM
The offensive play calling swings between weird to conservative. I feel like I am watching Tim Polasek play call. Especially with all these spread concepts mixed into WC.

Bisonator
September 21st, 2019, 04:46 PM
Get Talbert out of the game he is awful today.

dewey
September 21st, 2019, 04:47 PM

100% agreed. He has struggled today.

Dewey

Bison56
September 21st, 2019, 04:51 PM

Yeah he is not having a good game at all. Getting turned all around.