McNeese at ACU
Lamar at SLU
UCA at Hawaii

Bonus: Attendance at SHSU game-

Bonus: Total net yards of Lamar-

BEAR
September 15th, 2019, 03:03 PM
Results from last week:

We had ONE clear winner this week who predicted an 8-1 record.

McNeese72

So far the winners this season are:
Week 1: Wildcat1997
Week 2: Daytripper
Week 3: McNeese72

For games this week Massey has these predictions for VISITING TEAMS chances of winning:
NWST 32%
Nicholls 83%
UIW 38%
McNeese 36%
Lamar 32%
UCA 23%

Wildcat1997
September 15th, 2019, 04:23 PM
NWST at HBU
Nicholls at SFA
UIW at SHSU
McNeese at ACU
Lamar at SLU
UCA at Hawaii

Bonus: Total net yards of Lamar-HBU
Nicholls
UIW
ACU
SLU
Hawaii

#1- 6000
#2- 250

bonarae
September 15th, 2019, 05:36 PM
NWST at HBU
Nicholls at SFA
UIW at SHSU
McNeese at ACU
Lamar at SLU
UCA at Hawaii

SHSU attendance - 5850
Lamar offensive yards - 285

Katfan
September 15th, 2019, 07:14 PM
NWST at HBU
Nicholls at SFA
UIW at SHSU
McNeese at ACU
Lamar at SLU
UCA at Hawaii

Bonus: Attendance at SHSU game - 7,300

Bonus: Total net yards of Lamar- 265

TheRevSFA
September 15th, 2019, 08:13 PM
HBU
Nicholls
UIW
McNeese
SLU
UCA Get another scalp

1) it’ll be announced at 7,200 but there will really only be 4,500 in the stands. Sam doesn’t draw dick
2) 307

bwbear
September 15th, 2019, 09:44 PM
NWST at HBU
Nicholls at SFA
UIW at SHSU
McNeese at ACU
Lamar at SLU
UCA at Hawaii

Thoughts on this week:

UCA should lose. Never say never with this team, but I think this is the week against a better FBS program (combine that with an away game, being away in a timezone 6 hours away, and the fact that our offense, especially the O-line, and play calling, need serious help).

SLU looks stout. Where did they come from? They look like they are in the form they were several years ago and may be the true frontrunner to win the conference.

ACU was strong. Very strong. I'm giving them the need over McNeese due to playing at home.

NWST and HBU look like the bottom dwellers this year, but HBU's win this week was impressive. I give the nod to HBU being at home.

SFA/Nicholls should be a one-sided affair.

And then there's Sammy/Word....I want to believe in SHSU. The conference is better when SHSU is good. UIW fought hard last year, but I just don't have enough info about them this year to this point. SHSU at home.

Daytripper
September 16th, 2019, 05:42 AM
NWST at HBU
Nicholls at SFA
UIW at SHSU
McNeese at ACU
Lamar at SLU
UCA at Hawaii

Thoughts on this week:

UCA should lose. Never say never with this team, but I think this is the week against a better FBS program (combine that with an away game, being away in a timezone 6 hours away, and the fact that our offense, especially the O-line, and play calling, need serious help).

SLU looks stout. Where did they come from? They look like they are in the form they were several years ago and may be the true frontrunner to win the conference.

ACU was strong. Very strong. I'm giving them the need over McNeese due to playing at home.

NWST and HBU look like the bottom dwellers this year, but HBU's win this week was impressive. I give the nod to HBU being at home.

SFA/Nicholls should be a one-sided affair.

And then there's Sammy/Word....I want to believe in SHSU. The conference is better when SHSU is good. UIW fought hard last year, but I just don't have enough info about them this year to this point. SHSU at home.

12,000?? You obviously aren't familiar with Sam Houston State football fans.

Daytripper
September 16th, 2019, 05:47 AM
NWST at HBU - HBU - I'm buying the hype
Nicholls at SFA - Nicholls - Hope SFA gives them a game
UIW at SHSU - UIW - The Bearkats couldn't beat their way out of a paper bag
McNeese at ACU - ACU - Wildcats rebound from their close loss to UCA
Lamar at SLU - SELA - They may be the best team in the conference
UCA at Hawaii - Hawaii - Would love to see UCA pick up another scalp, but I doubt it.

Bonus: Attendance at SHSU game- 4,132

Bonus: Total net yards of Lamar-397

Catatonic
September 16th, 2019, 07:36 AM
NWST at HBU. HBU makes it two in a row and escapes the SLC cellar.
Nicholls at SFA. Nicholls isn’t firing on all cylinders yet but they will get by SFA.
UIW at SHSU. Looking for a breakout performance from one of these two. Home team gets the nod.
McNeese at ACU. ACU needs to come back strong. This is a must win game for the Cats.
Lamar at SLU. I’d call them SELA just to annoy their fans but they have earned my respect after 2 games.
UCA at Hawaii. The string of 4th Quarter come from behind wins comes to an end.

Bonus: Attendance at SHSU game- 4753

Bonus: Total net yards of Lamar- 212

BEAR
September 16th, 2019, 08:25 AM
NWST at HBU
Nicholls at SFA
UIW at SHSU
McNeese at ACU
Lamar at SLU
UCA at Hawaii

Bonus: Attendance at SHSU game- 7400

Bonus: Total net yards of Lamar- 324

McNeese75
September 16th, 2019, 09:24 AM
NWST at HBU
Nicholls at SFA
UIW at SHSU
McNeese at ACU
Lamar at SLU
UCA at Hawaii

Bonus: Attendance at SHSU game- 7650

Bonus: Total net yards of Lamar- 295

Gotta swim against the tide to make up ground xlolx

BEAR
September 16th, 2019, 07:12 PM
Bump

Outsider1
September 16th, 2019, 07:33 PM
Not that my picking is getting any better, but here I go again. Snake out.....

NWST at HBU
Nicholls at SFA
UIW at SHSU
McNeese at ACU
Lamar at SLU
UCA at Hawaii

Bonus: Attendance at SHSU game-7620

Bonus: Total net yards of Lamar- 320

McNeese72
September 16th, 2019, 10:58 PM
NWST at HBU
Nicholls at SFA
UIW at SHSU
McNeese at ACU
Lamar at SLU
UCA at Hawaii

Bonus: Attendance at SHSU game- 7500

Bonus: Total net yards of Lamar- 250

Doc

SpreadTheWord
September 17th, 2019, 12:19 PM
NWST at HBU
Nicholls at SFA
UIW at SHSU
McNeese at ACU
Lamar at SLU
UCA at Hawaii

Bonus: Attendance at SHSU game- 5,850

Bonus: Total net yards of Lamar- 360

Puddin Tane
September 17th, 2019, 02:07 PM
greetings from Beaumont..the land of never ending rain..its rained ever since we abandoned the pass 3 yrs ago

NWST at HBU ---------- I think they have one of the better qbs in SLC..there is that no defense thing ,tho.
Nicholls at SFA ----------- Carthel a year or two away from building a power
UIW at SHSU ------------- so far, sam is a train wreck
McNeese at ACU -------- SLC sleeper, good coach
Lamar at SLU ------------- homer pick! Thru 3 games, we have no clue if we a good or bad
UCA at Hawaii ---------- hard place to play, I think refs are Hawaii staff members

Bonus: Attendance at SHSU game- 3400 (...may amend if tropical storm passes thru earlier)

Bonus: Total net yards of Lamar- 437 (we had #3 offense in nation after 2 games; against national powerhouses!xlolx)

Outsider1
September 18th, 2019, 01:11 PM
Bump...

Anyone hearing how things are going with their teams this week? How are injuries?

Daytripper
September 18th, 2019, 01:18 PM
Bump...

Anyone hearing how things are going with their teams this week? How are injuries?

All is quiet in Huntsville. They are still learning how to play football.

Outsider1
September 18th, 2019, 01:31 PM
ACU is becoming like McNeese trying to get info.....

McNeese75
September 18th, 2019, 02:46 PM
I hear Antonio Brown and Colon Kaepernick are coming to Abilene in blue and gold to prop up the RPO for the Pokes ;)

If CK is there I'm Not!! xlolx

BEAR
September 18th, 2019, 04:45 PM
All quiet on the bear front. I imagine the Hawaiin beaches are pretty this time of year....xlolx

Outsider1
September 18th, 2019, 04:53 PM
All quiet on the bear front. I imagine the Hawaiin beaches are pretty this time of year....xlolx

When our BB team went to the Virgin Islands this Summer, I offered to be a chaperone but no luck.....

BEAR
September 18th, 2019, 05:10 PM
When our BB team went to the Virgin Islands this Summer, I offered to be a chaperone but no luck.....

I told them I would serve high quality h2o if they took me! No luck.......

Katfan
September 18th, 2019, 06:08 PM
I’ll take a shot this week at the SLC power rankings

1. SLU
2. UCA
3. Nicholls
4. ACU
5. SHSU
6. McNeese
7. UIW
8. Lamar
9. HBU
10. SFA
11. NWST

Puddin Tane
September 18th, 2019, 08:35 PM
Bump...

coach said qb had bad hammy vs aggy, should be ready saturday. We had a safety and lineman hurt during game. I reckon Schultz will update their status on radio tomorrow. Big problem is rain messing with practice...its pretty nasty out

BEAR
September 18th, 2019, 09:11 PM
coach said qb had bad hammy vs aggy, should be ready saturday. We had a safety and lineman hurt during game. I reckon Schultz will update their status on radio tomorrow. Big problem is rain messing with practice...its pretty nasty out

Rain? What's that?

Puddin Tane
September 18th, 2019, 09:56 PM
Rain? What's that?

maybe this will work its way up there and give ya a little relief. 8” today and still coming down.

lionsrking2
September 18th, 2019, 10:03 PM
Bump...

All good here.

Puddin Tane
September 19th, 2019, 02:46 AM
Rain? What's that?

Major flooding in parts of Southeast Texas now.....water rescues in areas south of town. Bayous are full. This is some bad stuff goin on.

McCowboys
September 19th, 2019, 07:02 AM
Major flooding in parts of Southeast Texas now.....water rescues in areas south of town. Bayous are full. This is some bad stuff goin on.

Just awful! Prayers to those affected and to the rescuers!

SFA 93
September 19th, 2019, 07:05 AM
With more injuries on the O-line, SFA will be starting 3 true freshmen up front in the middle, 4 in total on the offense.

@Baylor 17-56
#5 Tarleton State 26-37
@Southern Utah 38-45 OT

We are getting closer and closer every week to a win! :)

Puddin Tane
September 19th, 2019, 07:46 AM
It’s really, really bad. Homes that didn’t flood in Harvey are flooding. Insane amount of rain. Places are approaching 30” of rain.

SUPharmacist
September 19th, 2019, 07:55 AM
HBU
Nicholls
UIW
ACU
SLU
Hawaii

Bonus: Attendance at SHSU game - 7,100

Bonus: Lamar net yards - 293

McCowboys
September 19th, 2019, 07:58 AM
It’s really, really bad. Homes that didn’t flood in Harvey are flooding. Insane amount of rain. Places are approaching 30” of rain.

It looks like it is doing much like Harvey did and just sitting there while dumping tons of rain. McNeese's CBuck just posted a travel warning on McNeese's Facebook page about the I-10 corridor Beaumont-Winnie-Houston -- many areas of the interstate are closed and service roads are flooded.

McNeese72
September 19th, 2019, 08:04 AM
Bump...

Everything is locked up tight here and not a word coming out. Director of Football Operations talked to one of the booster clubs last night and refuse to take questions and just left.

Doc

Outsider1
September 19th, 2019, 08:07 AM

Crap, I really was hoping it wouldn't stall out on you guys down there and it would keep moving northward. My prayers are with everyone and hope you dry out quickly.

McCowboys
September 19th, 2019, 08:08 AM
Everything is locked up tight here and not a word coming out. Director of Football Operations talked to one of the booster clubs last night and refuse to take questions and just left.

Doc

:(

Outsider1
September 19th, 2019, 08:10 AM
With more injuries on the O-line, SFA will be starting 3 true freshmen up front in the middle, 4 in total on the offense.

@Baylor 17-56
#5 Tarleton State 26-37
@Southern Utah 38-45 OT

We are getting closer and closer every week to a win! :)

Ouch, those injuries won't make the wins any easier, hopefully no season ending ones. With Cartel, you guys will get there.

McCowboys
September 19th, 2019, 08:10 AM
https://www.accuweather.com/en/us/beaumont-tx/77701/weather-radar/331129

Outsider1
September 19th, 2019, 08:13 AM

Doc

I can't tell if we are really doing well with injuries so far or if everything got locked down like with you guys.... We haven't heard of much. The only one I really know of is Bill Mac still having trouble with his shoulder. It isn't anything keeping him out of pads, but part of the reason you will probably continue to see more from James and White. They have both been so productive, our running game hasn't fallen off at all. Our lines seem to be remaining healthy.

BEAR
September 19th, 2019, 08:25 AM
Not much happening on the islands....

McNeese72
September 19th, 2019, 08:29 AM
I can't tell if we are really doing well with injuries so far or if everything got locked down like with you guys.... We haven't heard of much. The only one I really know of is Bill Mac still having trouble with his shoulder. It isn't anything keeping him out of pads, but part of the reason you will probably continue to see more from James and White. They have both been so productive, our running game hasn't fallen off at all. Our lines seem to be remaining healthy.

The only ones we know are the three that were lost for the year. An offensive linemen early in fall workouts with a fractured vertebra, our best cornerback in the first quarter of the first game with a broken ankle (?), and a linebacker near the end of the last game with a broken leg. It is hard to hide those kind of injuries, especially when they are carted off the field with an inflatible cast on.

Doc

McCowboys
September 19th, 2019, 08:36 AM
The only ones we know are the three that were lost for the year. An offensive linemen early in fall workouts with a fractured vertebra, our best cornerback in the first quarter of the first game with a broken ankle (?), and a linebacker near the end of the last game with a broken leg. It is hard to hide those kind of injuries, especially when they are carted off the field with an inflatible cast on.

Doc

David Berry says WR Davion Curtis may see more action this week after being inexplicably absent the past few games. My home boy McCoy was back in the game last week on defense. There was no explanation why he hadn't been seeing action. There are others who aren't playing without reason why. Maybe they are just in Gilbert's doghouse for some reason. Who knows?

- - - Updated - - -

Beaumont flooding - short video clip: https://twitter.com/JordanJamesTV/status/1174622946603802624

McNeese75
September 19th, 2019, 09:00 AM
David Berry says WR Davion Curtis may see more action this week after being inexplicably absent the past few games. My home boy McCoy was back in the game last week on defense. There was no explanation why he hadn't been seeing action. There are others who aren't playing without reason why. Maybe they are just in Gilbert's doghouse for some reason. Who knows?

- - - Updated - - -

Beaumont flooding - short video clip: https://twitter.com/JordanJamesTV/status/1174622946603802624

David Berry knows absolutly zilch about what is going on with the football program.

BEAR
September 19th, 2019, 09:06 AM

Against North Texas you had 183 yards.
Against UCA you had 123 yards.

How are you defining "not fallen off at all"?

McCowboys
September 19th, 2019, 09:18 AM
David Berry knows absolutly zilch about what is going on with the football program.

Probably just like the rest of us and for the same reasons. At least he is trying and he does interview coaches and players.

Outsider1
September 19th, 2019, 09:19 AM

1) Different games always have somewhat different results.
2) Still above 100+ yards each of those two tough games.
3) Still above what we had been doing in the past.

I guess I can choose "substantually", "not too much", etc...

Our running game is still very much intact. Do we wish to have Billy in more? Yeah, but just like with our receivers, we are much deeper at RB even beyond Tyrese.

McNeese75
September 19th, 2019, 09:30 AM
Probably just like the rest of us and for the same reasons. At least he is trying and he does interview coaches and players.

And he surfs fan forums and includes that in his articles as if it were credible. Example, the posts from the USF forum last year with Gilbert was hired. He has shot himself in the foot with his stupid reporting at times and the coaching staff does not trust him so he gets nothing from them above press conference info. Prior beat writers developed relationships with the staff (and I include different writers and different staffs in this pool) and therefore were better informed.

He has however picked against the Pokes the past three weeks and hopefully he does again this wee so we have a ghost of a chance against ACU. xlolx

BEAR
September 19th, 2019, 09:42 AM
1) Different games always have somewhat different results.
2) Still above 100+ yards each of those two tough games.
3) Still above what we had been doing in the past.

I guess I can choose "substantually", "not too much", etc...

Our running game is still very much intact. Do we wish to have Billy in more? Yeah, but just like with our receivers, we are much deeper at RB even beyond Tyrese.

I wasn't being critical. Just comparing the two division I games you've played. No UCA fan has any reason to be critcal of any team. We're averaging 33 YPG in our first 3 games. At least you have a running game. xlolx

lionsrking2
September 19th, 2019, 09:44 AM

Sorry to hear this. Praying that you and your family are safe.

Catatonic
September 19th, 2019, 09:48 AM

Yup. Billy Mac had 80 of those yards against NT on just 8 carries. Both James and White are power backs. McCrary is an explosive speed back that is a threat to go all the way anytime he touches the ball.

McCowboys
September 19th, 2019, 09:57 AM
And he surfs fan forums and includes that in his articles as if it were credible. Example, the posts from the USF forum last year with Gilbert was hired. He has shot himself in the foot with his stupid reporting at times and the coaching staff does not trust him so he gets nothing from them above press conference info. Prior beat writers developed relationships with the staff (and I include different writers and different staffs in this pool) and therefore were better informed.

He has however picked against the Pokes the past three weeks and hopefully he does again this wee so we have a ghost of a chance against ACU. xlolx

I let him have it on Twitter and on Facebook over some of his early missteps, but everyone makes mistakes and it is time to move on. Coach Gilbert is not exactly forthcoming with anyone about anything. Did you read Doc's post above about the director of football operations who wouldn't even take any questions.

I have looked but I can't find your newspaper article, and so his information is all I have to go on as well as what I can glean from here. He is, as far as I know, the only one who has addressed why some players are not playing and why. I guess we will see Saturday in Abilene if he knows of what he speaks.

jayhawkdaddy
September 19th, 2019, 10:03 AM
SLC Pick'em 2019: Week 4
HBU
Nicholls
SHSU
ACU
SLU
Hawaii

Bonus: Attendance at SHSU game-6,200

Bonus: Total net yards of Lamar-328

Outsider1
September 19th, 2019, 10:44 AM
I wasn't being critical. Just comparing the two division I games you've played. No UCA fan has any reason to be critcal of any team. We're averaging 33 YPG in our first 3 games. At least you have a running game. xlolx

I rarely see you as overtly or overly critical. I was typing quickly at work between things. The difference there is Billy to a large degree although he did play some at the UCA game. He just wasn't getting much that game; blocking or decreased playing I don't know.

**edit** I am usually the one who is critical of my team more than anything else.

BEAR
September 19th, 2019, 11:28 AM
I rarely see you as overtly or overly critical. I was typing quickly at work between things. The difference there is Billy to a large degree although he did play some at the UCA game. He just wasn't getting much that game; blocking or decreased playing I don't know.

**edit** I am usually the one who is critical of my team more than anything else.

You need to see the things I post about my own team...xlolx Critical is a nice way to put it on game day.

Outsider1
September 19th, 2019, 11:56 AM
You need to see the things I post about my own team...xlolx Critical is a nice way to put it on game day.

BEAR
September 19th, 2019, 03:34 PM
UPDATE: Massey Ratings has updated the chances NWST to beat HBU:

WAS -----------> NOW
NWST 32%-----> 55%

Is there something we should know or news from either school that would cause a 23% jump in favor of NWST? xconfusedx

BEAR
September 19th, 2019, 04:07 PM
Game ball to a UCA player who lost his father just 48 hours earlier....and still showed up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CiHp7qf806I&feature=youtu.be

CONWAY, Ark. — Just 48 hours following the passing of his father, UCA long snapper Reiv Wood played a pivotal role in the Bears’ 31-30 victory Saturday night.

“He’s my hero and he was just a great man,” Reiv said.

Last week, Reiv returned home to Mississippi to be with his family. Just prior to Saturday, Reiv’s mother encouraged him to rejoin the team in time to play against Abilene Christian on Saturday.

Outsider1
September 19th, 2019, 04:22 PM
Game ball to a UCA player who lost his father just 48 hours earlier....and still showed up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CiHp7qf806I&feature=youtu.be

Thanks Bear, that's awesome!

Katfan
September 19th, 2019, 05:33 PM
Unless HBU qb went down I don’t see it

Puddin Tane
September 19th, 2019, 08:35 PM
Thanks

wouldnt surprise me if LU cancels. City is a wreck.

Sammy94
September 20th, 2019, 08:44 AM
NWST at HBU
Nicholls at SFA
UIW at SHSU
McNeese at ACU
Lamar at SLU
UCA at Hawaii

Bonus: Attendance at SHSU game- 7439

Bonus: Total net yards of Lamar- 381

Outsider1
September 20th, 2019, 09:32 AM
Thanks

wouldnt surprise me if LU cancels. City is a wreck.

Is the rain finally died down at least?

BEAR
September 20th, 2019, 11:33 AM
Man it just hit me that when all the other games are done we will still be about an hour from kickoff in our game! UGH! 11 p.m. til about 2 a.m. xlolx

That time change will make our team look like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XdOiF_qdQLI

SFA 93
September 22nd, 2019, 11:39 AM
Good crowd yesterday.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EFCnNfOXsAYm7Dq?format=jpg&name=4096x4096

lionsrking2
September 22nd, 2019, 09:16 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WVxNTDQLiCg

Outsider1
September 22nd, 2019, 09:41 PM
The final two offensive plays by ACU that won the game. It was a freak catch after an ugly defensive battle all evening.

https://twitter.com/ACUsports/status/1175850359803301896?s=20

lionsrking2
September 22nd, 2019, 11:27 PM
The final two offensive plays by ACU that won the game. It was a freak catch after an ugly defensive battle all evening.

Nice dubya. xthumbsupx

McCowboys
September 23rd, 2019, 06:12 AM

Since UCA entered the SLC, hardly a game has gone by without some freak play happening between the bears and Cowboys. This ACU game topped them all! The last two minutes of the game were a rollercoaster of emotions and bizarre plays -- a punt for -1 yard, an almost interception ricocheted back to a Wildcat player, McNeese hero on one play turns to goat on another -- If you have ESPN+, watch the last two minutes. Unreal! One good thing, a targeting review was overturned.

Outsider1
September 23rd, 2019, 08:33 AM
Since UCA entered the SLC, hardly a game has gone by without some freak play happening between the bears and Cowboys. This ACU game topped them all! The last two minutes of the game were a rollercoaster of emotions and bizarre plays -- a punt for -1 yard, an almost interception ricocheted back to a Wildcat player, McNeese hero on one play turns to goat on another -- If you have ESPN+, watch the last two minutes. Unreal! One good thing, a targeting review was overturned.

Completely agree with the roller coaster ride. I know both sides had no clue what to expect and emotions all over the place.

McCowboys
September 23rd, 2019, 11:24 AM
Completely agree with the roller coaster ride. I know both sides had no clue what to expect and emotions all over the place.

I guess that's how rivalries are made. Every game in the modern era has been very close. See y'all in The Hole next year!