PDA

View Full Version : Montana St. Signs Another Great In-state Recruit

GOKATS
May 3rd, 2007, 10:10 PM
Leo Davis had signed with Colorado St., but changed his mind and has been schollied at Montana St. Great get for the Bobcats!

Leo Davis DL 6-5 240 Billings, Mont./Skyview
Finalist for the Wendy's High School Heisman Award presented by Wendy's...regarded as one of the state's premier prep players...named to the Super State team as selected by the GREAT FALLS TRIBUNE newspaper...two-time all-conference and all-state selection...also a starter on the school's basketball squad as a junior and senior...selected to play in the annual state all-star game...two-year starter and three-time varsity letterwinner at Skyview...led the team with 74 tackles in 2006...also led the team with 15 quarterback sacks, and forced three fumbles...in 2005 as a junior, also led the team in total tackles and had five quarterback sacks.

CrazyCat
May 3rd, 2007, 10:16 PM
NICE. xthumbsupx

CopperCat
May 3rd, 2007, 11:41 PM
Awesome! Keep those Montana raised boys coming!!!!

Tod
May 4th, 2007, 02:07 AM
xbowx xbawlingx xbowx xbawlingx xbowx xbawlingx xbowx xbawlingx xbowx xbawlingx xbowx xbawlingx xbowx xbawlingx xbowx

MplsBison
May 4th, 2007, 07:46 AM
Finalist for the Wendy's High School Heisman Award presented by Wendy's

Wow.

Nothing gets by the MSU athletic department!

CopperCat
May 4th, 2007, 05:57 PM
Wow.
Nothing gets by the MSU athletic department!
They are really good about keeping the community involved by letting us all know what is going on with various atheltic events. On the whole, our athletic department is solid as far as administration goes IMO.

GRZZ
May 4th, 2007, 06:04 PM
I didn't realize you guys still had scholarships left to fill. Did someone leave or did Kramer hold onto one or two in hopes of getting someone like this?

CopperCat
May 4th, 2007, 06:06 PM
I didn't realize you guys still had scholarships left to fill. Did someone leave or did Kramer hold onto one or two in hopes of getting someone like this?
Not surexeyebrowx but maybe some dummy flunked out and a scholarship was freed up by that (hopefully this wasn't the case).

CrazyCat
May 4th, 2007, 06:23 PM

I think they were holding 2.

GOKATS
May 4th, 2007, 06:45 PM

I think Kramer had 6 schollies left going into spring ball, he said he'd bring in two safeties and two wide outs by fall- obviously Davis took one and Kramer awarded at least a couple to current players at the end of spring ball last weekend. My guess is he still has a couple to fill.

HiddenGriz
May 10th, 2007, 07:41 PM
I heard that he may not be able to sign now because you have lost schollies due to the low academics by the team. They must be spending to much time selling drugs.
You have heard about MSU's drug problem?They get drug from one side of the field to the other.

CrazyCat
May 10th, 2007, 08:18 PM
Go back into hiding.

CatFan22
May 10th, 2007, 08:34 PM
How about you nut up and be a man. Represent your griz community better, like most of them do around here.

Appstate29
May 10th, 2007, 09:06 PM
Leo Davis had signed with Colorado St., but changed his mind and has been schollied at Montana St. Great get for the Bobcats!

Leo Davis DL 6-5 240 Billings, Mont./Skyview
led the team with 74 tackles in 2006...also led the team with 15 quarterback sacks, and forced three fumbles....

thats a lot of tackles for a DL good pickup for MSU.

catbob
May 10th, 2007, 10:04 PM
I heard that he may not be able to sign now because you have lost schollies due to the low academics by the team. They must be spending to much time selling drugs.
You have heard about MSU's drug problem?They get drug from one side of the field to the other.

Bozeman is the supply, Missoula is the demand. xthumbsupx

GOKATS
May 10th, 2007, 10:33 PM

Smoke another doob (snort, shoot up, whatever) & take a nap.

Smack is------------------------------->xrulesx

Grizo406
May 10th, 2007, 11:32 PM
Sounds like a great pick up for the Cats, GOKATS!xthumbsupx Thanks for the info.

Happy to see Coach Kramer going after the in-state talent!

grizchik
May 11th, 2007, 01:09 AM
Montana recruits playing college football in their home state seem to have an amazing acceleration of skills and aptiude for the game. It could be that they are under-coached in high school, or that the level of coaching in college and training in college brings out their best..............whatever the case may be, I am always excited to see that the Montana teams recruit a lot of in-state boys. Griz are usually at least 50 - 60% MT boys. Cudos to those superior high school boys that decide to stay in Montana, Griz or Cat, who can fault them for finding a home in a winning program without leaving our amazing state.

CopperCat
May 11th, 2007, 01:19 AM
You heard wrong.

And where did you hear that? Newspaper, coaches, any reliable source?

GtFllsGriz
May 11th, 2007, 09:20 AM
Another Montana boy staying home to show what Montana football is all about. Good for him and good for the Cats. Congrats to both!

bustingnut
May 11th, 2007, 04:44 PM
Mmmm... Wendy's

CrazyCat
May 15th, 2007, 11:03 AM
I was glad we got Leo as a football recruit but I think we are getting a great student and role model.

There's more to the story than a young man playing for the team he grew up adoring, than joining the team his father once player for, than enrolling at a school countless relatives have attended.

Leo Davis says he “wants to be part of that elite group of Native Americans that makes it through college.” It's about leading the way.

Leo Davis isn't weighed down by the burden of expectations. Or by the fact that college graduation rates among Native Americans are among the lowest in the country. Or that the eyes of his well-extended family, and those outside the brood, will be watching - to see him play football for Montana State University, to see if he can increase that small percentage of graduates by even a tenth of a point.

http://dailychronicle.com/articles/2007/05/13/sports/000davis.txt (http://dailychronicle.com/articles/2007/05/13/sports/000davis.txt)

CopperCat
May 15th, 2007, 05:28 PM
I was glad we got Leo as a football recruit but I think we are getting a great student and role model.

There's more to the story than a young man playing for the team he grew up adoring, than joining the team his father once player for, than enrolling at a school countless relatives have attended.
Leo Davis says he “wants to be part of that elite group of Native Americans that makes it through college.” It's about leading the way.
Leo Davis isn't weighed down by the burden of expectations. Or by the fact that college graduation rates among Native Americans are among the lowest in the country. Or that the eyes of his well-extended family, and those outside the brood, will be watching - to see him play football for Montana State University, to see if he can increase that small percentage of graduates by even a tenth of a point.
http://dailychronicle.com/articles/2007/05/13/sports/000davis.txt (http://dailychronicle.com/articles/2007/05/13/sports/000davis.txt)

Role models are something all athletes should be since so many young people watch them. This guy will be a huge asset to the Kramer era because of his desire to be a leader and a role model (especially with all the morons we've had in recent memory).