PDA

View Full Version : A message to the Dads

Bub
August 6th, 2005, 11:53 PM
We dropped our first born off at preseason football camp today. It is a time of pride and anxiousness. For all of you dads out there in the same situation, good luck and congratulations.

grizfnz
August 7th, 2005, 02:45 AM
Mine are still seven and 11 years away from playing college football (I started late) ...

Them's the ones Ralph knows about.....he might have a NFLer out there for all we know ;)

ISUMatt
August 7th, 2005, 07:06 AM
Ralph if your boys are NFL material, please send them to Illinois State... PLEASE

FL connection
August 7th, 2005, 10:05 AM
Been there and done that Bub........sucks all the way home!!!!! But what a great feeling sitting in the stand that first time they come out of the tunnel......and every time after!!!! Good luck to Rob and the Boys at Drake!! connection out!!

charliej
August 7th, 2005, 12:11 PM
We dropped our first born off at preseason football camp today. It is a time of pride and anxiousness. For all of you dads out there in the same situation, good luck and congratulations.

Thanks Bub,same to you & yours.

Red Hawk
August 8th, 2005, 09:23 AM
Good luck to all your sons, I dropped my son off at SEMO on Friday. He's been down there all summer for voluntary work outs so it wasn't that bad. It also helps that he's been waiting for this moment for years. The first time he told me he wanted to play college football he was 9. He hardly looked back!

njhoya
August 8th, 2005, 09:59 AM
by so quickly? Dropping him off tomorrow and can't believe how 18 years could've gone by so quickly. Good thing I didn't get older!

LBPop
August 8th, 2005, 10:22 AM
by so quickly? Dropping him off tomorrow and can't believe how 18 years could've gone by so quickly. Good thing I didn't get older!

I can remember (like it was yesterday, as the cliche' goes) doing that last year at the same beautiful campus in DC. If your son enjoys his freshman year half as much as mine did last year, he will rave about the "Hilltop". Welcome to Georgetown! :p

LBPop
August 8th, 2005, 10:26 AM

Yes, it does happen fast. I can't believe that mine is already 1/4 done with college. Welcome to a terrific University and a classy program. Hope your son enjoys his time on the "Hilltop" half as much as my son did in his freshman year. Welcome to Georgetown.

89Hen
August 8th, 2005, 10:28 AM
More Hoyas! I love it!!

faxjusfax
August 8th, 2005, 11:07 AM
Yes, it does happen fast. I can't believe that mine is already 1/4 done with college.

and I found that it isn't easier dropping him off for his second year either, especially having him around awile and seeing what a fine young man he is turning out to be.

So let's all rejoice, the season is around the corner, and pray for the well being of all our sons. Make us proud boys! (if it's possible to make us any prouder)

njhoya
August 8th, 2005, 01:46 PM
I know he'll enjoy it as long as they win. Hopefully, that'll start to happen w/ some regularity this yr

LBPop
August 8th, 2005, 03:28 PM
and I found that it isn't easier dropping him off for his second year either, especially having him around awile and seeing what a fine young man he is turning out to be.

Yes, it will be difficult to drop him off tomorrow with the exception of the disappearance of all the clutter. By Wednesday the house will feel about 30% bigger and 50% smaller all at the same time. :) :( :o

LBPop
August 8th, 2005, 03:31 PM
More Hoyas! I love it!!

There goes the neighborhood. :D

Bub
August 8th, 2005, 04:06 PM
Yes, it will be difficult to drop him off tomorrow with the exception of the disappearance of all the clutter. By Wednesday the house will feel about 30% bigger and 50% smaller all at the same time. :) :( :o

This is absolutely true. It will take some time to adjust to the feeling.

blukeys
August 8th, 2005, 06:06 PM

Well for you youngsters just getting the kids out of the house, the reality is they never leave. I have tons of my son's stuff and he stops by whenever he needs help for this or that. We sit around drink beer talk about his mom (my ex wife) and her husband (a peach of a guy in my book. He puts up with her!) and work life and most important Delaware football. As long as you have food and beer in the frig and a welcoming attitude your sons come back (as long as his girl friend likes you but this is easy as your competition is the mom!) Don't worry about it too much. feel sorry for guys like 89 Hen who only has daughters. Now that is a guy who has problem to look forward to.

DUPFLFan
August 15th, 2005, 03:22 PM
I have always said that I feel blessed. How many fathers are watching their sons play college football - at any level. :cool:

Bub
August 16th, 2005, 11:38 PM
I have always said that I feel blessed. How many fathers are watching their sons play college football - at any level. :cool:

How true. I know of a boy who was supposed to attend college to play ball and shortly before camp he told his parents he didn't want to play. He was a good football player. I'm sure it broke his father's heart.

Do you make it to the games?

Red Hawk
August 17th, 2005, 08:22 AM
Amen. This year I get to watch sons play JFL, high school and college football in one weekend. I don't know how it gets any better than that.

Bub
August 17th, 2005, 10:40 AM
I'm with you on that Red Hawk. Besides the college freshman, I have a high school junior who plays. Should be a great fall! :)