PDA

View Full Version : The 30th Annual Southern Heritage Classic

ASU33
September 12th, 2019, 01:38 PM
This weekend in Memphis Jackson State and Tennessee State will link up in the 30th edition of the Southern Heritage. Over 50,000 expected to be on hand in the Liberty Bowl on Saturday.

https://hbcugameday.com/2019/09/12/southern-heritage-classic-tennessee-state-jackson-state/amp/

Daytripper
September 12th, 2019, 02:06 PM
Looks like that's gonna be a good time.

TheKingpin28
September 12th, 2019, 02:50 PM
Still need to get an HBCU event. The battle of the bands alone would be worth it, but adding the festivities, food, and music is just icing on the cake.

GAD
September 12th, 2019, 03:22 PM
The game got cancel last season because of lightning, this game will usually go down to the wire

JSUSoutherner
September 12th, 2019, 05:40 PM
I hope Jackson State beats them into next week.

ASU33
September 12th, 2019, 06:42 PM
I hope Jackson State beats them into next week.

You and Jackson State fans do too! Jackson State hasn't beaten them since 2011.

unknown3
September 12th, 2019, 06:43 PM
Still need to get an HBCU event. The battle of the bands alone would be worth it, but adding the festivities, food, and music is just icing on the cake.

IMO there's nothing like it. Whether it be the Southern Heritage, Magic City, Bayou, Florida, Boombox, etc... you will have a ball. My first magic city classic I think it took me about a week to recover.xlolx

ASU33
September 12th, 2019, 06:57 PM
IMO there's nothing like it. Whether it be the Southern Heritage, Magic City, Bayou, Florida, Boombox, etc... you will have a ball. My first magic city classic I think it took me about a week to recover.xlolx

I took a friend of mine who went to undergrad at Bowling Green to the Magic City Classic and he was completed dumfounded on how two FCS schools could draw over 100,000 to a city and it be the biggest sporting weekend in a city that's in the heart of SEC Country.

unknown3
September 12th, 2019, 09:08 PM
I took a friend of mine who went to undergrad at Bowling Green to the Magic City Classic and he was completed dumfounded on how two FCS schools could draw over 100,000 to a city and it be the biggest sporting weekend in a city that's in the heart of SEC Country.

Magic city classic is just on another level. Man the stories I could tell.

MR. CHICKEN
September 12th, 2019, 10:03 PM
Magic city classic is just on another level. Man the stories I could tell.

...GOT ANY GIRL ONES...xconfusedx..........BRAWK!

unknown3
September 13th, 2019, 01:20 PM
...GOT ANY GIRL ONES...xconfusedx..........BRAWK!

Well, my roommate was a kappa and I ended up staying at a house they rented for the weekend. A house full of kappas, women, alcohol and wee...um, party favors. Let's just say it was memorable.

ASU33
September 13th, 2019, 09:08 PM
Just made it up to Memphis and their are blue flags all over the city but they're not Memphis flags they're JSU and TSU flags. Nice to see Gladys Knight in many others in the city this weekend. I wonder what the overall economic impact will be on the city of Memphis.

GAD
September 15th, 2019, 08:01 PM
It's always funny when you get people who say "There is nothing these two schools will do impress me I've been to SEC/B1G/Big XII/ games" Two hours later they're coming to you already planning next years trip

dgtw
September 15th, 2019, 08:05 PM
White boy here who would love to walk through the parking lot at Legion Field one day during Classic week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk