Indiana State Sycamores

Fell Out Of Poll:

Cal Poly Mustangs

Chattanooga Mocs

New Hampshire Wildcats

The Citadel Bulldogs

JSUSoutherner
September 9th, 2019, 11:55 AM
People voting UCA at 10 yet I'm almost half of Austin Peay's total points.

Nonsense. If UCA is 10, Austin Peay is top 15.

1. NDSU
SDSU
UNI
James Madison
5. Maine
Montana
Weber
Kennesaw State
Towson
10. Central Arkansas
Furman
Austin Peay
Montana State
Eastern Washington
15. Nicholls State
Villanova
Illinois State
SELA
UC Davis
20. SEMO
NC A&T
Jax State
Elon
The Citadel
25. Youngstown State

BEAR
September 9th, 2019, 11:56 AM
Yay! We broke the top 10!

Abilene Christian next then a game that might hurt us...Hawaii. xlolx Paycheck game.

Professor Chaos
September 9th, 2019, 11:57 AM
Here's the article for this week's poll: http://thefcswedge.com/ags-poll/ags-poll-week-2-top-25-results-2/

A few thoughts:

No seeds outside of the big 3 conferences? The top 9 are all from the Big Sky, CAA, or MVFC.
Princeton just barely hangs in the top 25. Can they hang on one more week since their season doesn't start until 9/21?
Pretty boring week overall... not much to complain or brag about really.

F'N Hawks
September 9th, 2019, 11:58 AM
I see Dom Jizzo has Southern Illinois at #16 after their massive win at Umass. Forgetting they got no-lubed the week before by SEMO.

Daytripper
September 9th, 2019, 11:59 AM
Yay! We broke the top 10!

Abilene Christian next then a game that might hurt us...Hawaii. xlolx Paycheck game.

Don't look past ACU....just sayin'

JSUSoutherner
September 9th, 2019, 12:00 PM

https://twitter.com/FCS_STATS/status/1170705171296526342

Fun fact: the only D1 win between these 3 teams is Lamar squeaking by MVSU. xthumbsupx

Professor Chaos
September 9th, 2019, 12:00 PM
I see Dom Jizzo has Southern Illinois at #16 after their massive win at Umass. Forgetting they got no-lubed the week before by SEMO.
Your name for Dom got a xlolx out of me.

Bless his heart but he's not very good at the whole ranking thing. He's inconsistent with what he dings and rewards teams for. But he probably follows the FCS as a whole more closely the majority of STATS poll voters do... might be why the poll is the way it is. xcoffeex

Daytripper
September 9th, 2019, 12:01 PM
Not sure why anybody gave Lamar a vote after that vomitous display v. MSVU.

Daytripper
September 9th, 2019, 12:02 PM
https://twitter.com/FCS_STATS/status/1170705171296526342

Fun fact: the only D1 win between these 3 teams is Lamar squeaking by MVSU. xthumbsupx

Because both ACU and SHSU played an FBS and a sub-FCS team. Can't have a FCS win without playing an FCS team. Oh, and how about that other Southland team that you saw.....??

Professor Chaos
September 9th, 2019, 12:03 PM
Not sure why anybody gave Lamar a vote after that vomitous display v. MSVU.
It was so bad ESPN.com's FCS standings page (https://www.espn.com/college-football/standings/_/view/fcs) still shows it as a tie for Lamar and MVSU.

"We're not giving them an official win for that!" xlolx

JSUSoutherner
September 9th, 2019, 12:03 PM
Because both ACU and SHSU played an FBS and a sub-FCS team. Can't have a FCS win without playing an FCS team. Oh, and how about that other Southland team that you saw.....??

Sounds like excuses to me xcoffeex :D

Daytripper
September 9th, 2019, 12:06 PM
Sounds like excuses to me xcoffeex :D

???? Lose a close one to an FBS team and and not playing another D1 yet....not an excuse, just a fact. We put up over 550 yards of offense against New Mexico. I guess we will find out this week.

Catatonic
September 9th, 2019, 12:06 PM

Shhh. We are just fine with being overlooked.

JSUSoutherner
September 9th, 2019, 12:07 PM
???? Lose a close one to an FBS team and and not playing another D1 yet....not an excuse, just a fact. We put up over 550 yards of offense against New Mexico. I guess we will find out this week.

Indeed we will. Oddly enough I'll be hoping for an SHSU win.

BEAR
September 9th, 2019, 12:09 PM

We'll fix that this week. You won't be overlooked after Saturday. :D

Gangtackle11
September 9th, 2019, 12:11 PM
Just so it’s on the record that this Nova season ticket holder has yet to vote Nova into his Top 25.

Im a skeptic until they start winning CAA games. A win at Bucknell this weekend cliches the Patriot for the Cats.

No top 25 until they prove they can play with the best of the CAA. Towson, Maine, W&M, & JMU after Bucknell. Go 2-2 and you’ll get my vote. Do better than that and I’ll consider a top half of the poll vote. xpeacex

Professor Chaos
September 9th, 2019, 12:13 PM
I was a little confused to see Villanova pick up 300+ points and 4 spots. It's probably just that they were the primary beneficiaries of teams like Indiana St and SEMO dropping but they also hopped NC A&T and Delaware. Pretty sure a win over Lehigh couldn't have been that impressive to voters.

JSUSoutherner
September 9th, 2019, 12:14 PM
I was a little confused to see Villanova pick up 300+ points and 4 spots. It's probably just that they were the primary beneficiaries of teams like Indiana St and SEMO dropping but they also hopped NC A&T and Delaware. Pretty sure a win over Lehigh couldn't have been that impressive to voters.

Id have to double check but I think I dropped them a spot or two this week

Edit: nope, they are the same spot for me.

Gangtackle11
September 9th, 2019, 12:16 PM
Just so it’s on the record that this Nova season ticket holder has yet to vote Nova into his Top 25.

Im a skeptic until they start winning CAA games. A win at Bucknell this weekend cliches the Patriot for the Cats.

No top 25 until they prove they can play with the best of the CAA. Towson, Maine, W&M, & JMU after Bucknell. Go 2-2 and you’ll get my vote. Do better than that and I’ll consider a top half of the poll vote. xpeacex

PS: I voted for the dirty filthy birds of Newark although I don’t believe in them either. xpeacex

Daytripper
September 9th, 2019, 12:17 PM

Probably voters like me inadvertently overlooked them in the Week 1 poll and corrected it this week.

Professor Chaos
September 9th, 2019, 12:20 PM
Probably voters like me inadvertently overlooked them in the Week 1 poll and corrected it this week.
Possibly... I still don't have them in my ballot although if I had to go to 26 they'd probably be it. Colgate has completely **** the bed this year so far so neither of their wins have been all that impressive to me.

But, like Gangtackle said, with their schedule they'll have their chances to prove whether they deserve to be ranked or not.

JSUSoutherner
September 9th, 2019, 12:29 PM
Honestly my biggest issue is the enormous gaping chasm between UCA and APSU.

I'm sure Bear and company are still counting their lucky stars they escaped Fortera with a W.

Daytripper
September 9th, 2019, 12:32 PM
Honestly my biggest issue is the enormous gaping chasm between UCA and APSU.

I'm sure Bear and company are still counting their lucky stars they escaped Fortera with a W.

Damn, as I was reading I was hoping that your first sentence would have ended differently..."the enormous gaping chasm between my legs..."xlolx

McCowboys
September 9th, 2019, 12:35 PM
It was so bad ESPN.com's FCS standings page (https://www.espn.com/college-football/standings/_/view/fcs) still shows it as a tie for Lamar and MVSU.

"We're not giving them an official win for that!" xlolx

xlolxxlolxxlolx

JSUSoutherner
September 9th, 2019, 12:35 PM
Damn, as I was reading I was hoping that your first sentence would have ended differently..."the enormous gaping chasm between my legs..."xlolx

Why would you hope that?

Why do you have an interest in what's between my legs?

Sorry to disappoint you bro, but I dont swing that way.

Daytripper
September 9th, 2019, 12:36 PM
Why would you hope that?

Why do you have an interest in what's between my legs?

Sorry to disappoint you bro, but I dont swing that way.

It was a joke.

JSUSoutherner
September 9th, 2019, 12:48 PM
It was a joke.

And it was hilarious!

Mayville Bison
September 9th, 2019, 01:34 PM
People voting UCA at 10 yet I'm almost half of Austin Peay's total points.

Nonsense. If UCA is 10, Austin Peay is top 15.

They (APSU) held the lead (by 3 points) for what 6 minutes that entire game? I've been impressed by their rush defense after 2 games and they do have some big play potential, so they are in my 30s, but not much else that I can see (as an outsider). Take the one big play away and UCA wins a typical UCA game. If UCA has historically been a team blowing people out by 30, I could get your point, but that's not what they do. They do what they need to in order to win.

BEAR
September 9th, 2019, 01:37 PM
They (APSU) held the lead (by 3 points) for what 6 minutes that entire game? I've been impressed by their rush defense after 2 games and they do have some big play potential, so they are in my 30s, but not much else that I can see (as an outsider). Take the one big play away and UCA wins a typical UCA game. If UCA has historically been a team blowing people out by 30, I could get your point, but that's not what they do. They do what they need to in order to win.

I second this. UCA always starts out slow. Not sure if its a confidence thing or what...but its like this every year. What I like about them though is they NEVER give up. They appear to have the conditioning to hang with the FBS schools too. That will pay off later in the season.

JSUSoutherner
September 9th, 2019, 01:41 PM

APSUs QB also went down early.

APSU held UCA to 32 yards rushing.

Also if you want to take out big plays then UCA never scores because their entire effective offense consists of throwing up 50/50 balls. They got good receivers though, that's for sure.

BEAR
September 9th, 2019, 01:51 PM
APSUs QB also went down early.

APSU held UCA to 32 yards rushing.

Also if you want to take out big plays then UCA never scores because their entire effective offense consists of throwing a 50/50 balls. They got good receivers though, that's for sure.

We do have some big play receivers. But honestly we haven't used many receivers this year. We've used 6 in two games. But you'll have to ask coach who he's saving our SEC transfers for and our regular WRs from last year who haven't played yet. I bet if you give Breylin more options you'd find more wide open WRs. But hey, if Winningham (222 yards and 3 TDs vs WKU, 136 yards and 2 TDs vs APSU)...and Tyler Hudson, (4 for 59 yards and a TD against WKU and 4 for 120 yards and a TD against APSU) want to make plays like that.....I'll be watching. The run game....not good. Gotta get that fixed.

JSUSoutherner
September 9th, 2019, 01:56 PM
We do have some big play receivers. But honestly we haven't used many receivers this year. We've used 6 in two games. But you'll have to ask coach who he's saving our SEC transfers for and our regular WRs from last year who haven't played yet. I bet if you give Breylin more options you'd find more wide open WRs. But hey, if Winningham (222 yards and 3 TDs vs WKU, 136 yards and 2 TDs vs APSU)...and Tyler Hudson, (4 for 59 yards and a TD against WKU and 4 for 120 yards and a TD against APSU) want to make plays like that.....I'll be watching. The run game....not good. Gotta get that fixed.

Yeah, I'll be watching that this weekend. Idk whether WKU and APSU are just that good on DL Or whether UCA just can't run, but if you guys don't get it fixed you ain't staying top 10 for long.

BEAR
September 9th, 2019, 01:59 PM
Yeah, I'll be watching that this weekend. Idk whether WKU and APSU are just that good on DL Or whether UCA just can't run, but if you guys don't get it fixed you ain't staying top 10 for long.

Our fans have been saying that since game one. STATS and COACHES polls have us much lower.

Bisonator
September 9th, 2019, 02:03 PM
I was going to put Nova in my poll last week but somehow ended up having Wofford instead. Made the switch this week though.

Preferred Walk-On
September 9th, 2019, 02:11 PM

Not sure if you were joking or you really are not a fan of Dom Izzo (or both), but he is a stand-up guy to post his rankings (which many do not) and not hide behind a username (which we have the luxury to do). I am hoping it was simply a joke. Also, did not see your rankings yet, but here are mine.

Some movement, but not much in the way of adds/drops.

-----

Hello Preferred Walk-On,

We have received your AGS Top 25 vote on 9/8/2019 10:32:52

Your vote is listed below (previous rank in parentheses).

1: North Dakota State Bison (1)
2: James Madison Dukes (2)
3: South Dakota State Jackrabbits (5)
4: Weber State Wildcats (8)
5: Maine Black Bears (6)
6: Northern Iowa Panthers (7)
7: Eastern Washington Eagles (3)
8: UC Davis Aggies (4)
9: Illinois State Redbirds (12)
10: Montana State Bobcats (16)
11: Towson Tigers (15)
12: Furman Paladins (13)
13: Central Arkansas Bears (10)
14: Nicholls State Colonels (9)
15: North Carolina A&T Aggies (14)
16: Kennesaw State Owls (18)
17: Montana Grizzlies (17)
18: Elon Phoenix (20)
19: Youngstown State Penguins (22)
20: Sam Houston State Bearkats (21)
21: Villanova Wildcats (25)
22: McNeese State Cowboys (23)
23: Southeast Missouri State Redhawks (19)
24: Jacksonville State Gamecocks (NR)
25: Indiana State Sycamores (11)

The Most Significant Win: Montana State Bobcats
The Most Significant Loss: New Hampshire Wildcats
Which Conference Does Your Team Play in?: Missouri Valley Football Conference

Dropped from poll: Eastern Kentucky (24)

F'N Hawks
September 9th, 2019, 02:14 PM
Not sure if you were joking or you really are not a fan of Dom Izzo (or both), but he is a stand-up guy to post his rankings (which many do not) and not hide behind a username (which we have the luxury to do). I am hoping it was simply a joke. Also, did not see your rankings yet, but here are mine.

Some movement, but not much in the way of adds/drops.

-----

Hello Preferred Walk-On,

We have received your AGS Top 25 vote on 9/8/2019 10:32:52

Your vote is listed below (previous rank in parentheses).

1: North Dakota State Bison (1)
2: James Madison Dukes (2)
3: South Dakota State Jackrabbits (5)
4: Weber State Wildcats (8)
5: Maine Black Bears (6)
6: Northern Iowa Panthers (7)
7: Eastern Washington Eagles (3)
8: UC Davis Aggies (4)
9: Illinois State Redbirds (12)
10: Montana State Bobcats (16)
11: Towson Tigers (15)
12: Furman Paladins (13)
13: Central Arkansas Bears (10)
14: Nicholls State Colonels (9)
15: North Carolina A&T Aggies (14)
16: Kennesaw State Owls (18)
17: Montana Grizzlies (17)
18: Elon Phoenix (20)
19: Youngstown State Penguins (22)
20: Sam Houston State Bearkats (21)
21: Villanova Wildcats (25)
22: McNeese State Cowboys (23)
23: Southeast Missouri State Redhawks (19)
24: Jacksonville State Gamecocks (NR)
25: Indiana State Sycamores (11)

The Most Significant Loss: New Hampshire Wildcats

Dropped from poll: Eastern Kentucky (24)

not joking at all, big Dom fanboy. It appears that he and maybe a couple other people total thought SIU was worthy of being voted for. Yet he went full-Saluki and put them at #16. That's egregious.

Professor Chaos
September 9th, 2019, 02:17 PM
Not many poll ballots out there yet so I'll throw mine out there to be critiqued:

1: North Dakota State Bison
2: James Madison Dukes
3: South Dakota State Jackrabbits
4: Eastern Washington Eagles
5: Maine Black Bears
6: Northern Iowa Panthers
7: Central Arkansas Bears
8: UC Davis Aggies
9: Weber State Wildcats
10: Montana State Bobcats
11: Kennesaw State Owls
12: Nicholls State Colonels
13: Illinois State Redbirds
14: Towson Tigers
15: Furman Paladins
16: Montana Grizzlies
17: Southeastern Louisiana Lions
18: Princeton Tigers
19: Youngstown State Penguins
20: Delaware Fightin Blue Hens
21: Southeast Missouri State Redhawks
22: North Carolina A&T Aggies
23: Northern Arizona Lumberjacks
24: Jacksonville State Gamecocks
25: Elon Phoenix

JSUSoutherner
September 9th, 2019, 02:19 PM
Not many poll ballots out there yet so I'll throw mine out there to be critiqued:

6: Northern Iowa Panthers
7: Central Arkansas Bears
9: Weber State Wildcats
10: Montana State Bobcats
11: Kennesaw State Owls
13: Illinois State Redbirds
14: Towson Tigers
15: Furman Paladins
18: Princeton Tigers
19: Youngstown State Penguins
20: Delaware Fightin Blue Hens
22: North Carolina A&T Aggies
23: Northern Arizona Lumberjacks
25: Elon Phoenix

UCA at 7. But no Peay.

Professor Chaos
September 9th, 2019, 02:26 PM
UCA at 7. But no Peay.
Well, I also have UC Davis at #8 and no San Diego. I probably have UCA overrated right now but there's just not much out there to rank after the top 6. I've kind of had that problem all season so far. My #7 and #8 teams feel like they should at #11 or #12 but I can't find anyone to bump them. I guess I could go with Weber St or Montana St up there but other than that I don't feel like I can put anyone below them up that high.

I'm not buying Austin Peay yet. They're among 19 other teams on my watch list for teams under consideration but I need to see them beat a good team not just play with a good team. If they win at Mercer on Saturday I don't think I can leave them out and I'll probably have to give them some extra credit for assuming their close game with UCA last weekend was an anomaly.

The Yo Show
September 9th, 2019, 02:32 PM
My Ballot:

4: Central Arkansas Bears
6: Weber State Wildcats
7: Northern Iowa Panthers
9: Eastern Washington Eagles
10: Kennesaw State Owls
11: Towson Tigers
12: Furman Paladins
13: Nicholls State Colonels
14: Montana Grizzlies
15: Illinois State Redbirds
16: Montana State Bobcats
18: Stony Brook Seawolves
19: Villanova Wildcats
20: Austin Peay Governors
21: North Carolina A&T Aggies
22: Princeton Tigers
23: Elon Phoenix
25: Southeast Missouri State Redhawks

The Yo Show

The Most Significant Win: Dayton Flyers
The Most Significant Loss: Indiana State Sycamores

JSUSoutherner
September 9th, 2019, 02:35 PM
Well, I also have UC Davis at #8 and no San Diego. I probably have UCA overrated right now but there's just not much out there to rank after the top 6. I've kind of had that problem all season so far. My #7 and #8 teams feel like they should at #11 or #12 but I can't find anyone to bump them. I guess I could go with Weber St or Montana St up there but other than that I don't feel like I can put anyone below them up that high.

I'm not buying Austin Peay yet. They're among 19 other teams on my watch list for teams under consideration but I need to see them beat a good team not just play with a good team. If they win at Mercer on Saturday I don't think I can leave them out and I'll probably have to give them some extra credit for assuming their close game with UCA last weekend was an anomaly.

Well their next three are @Mercer, @ETSU, and vs. SEMO so if you're not buying them yet, you will be soon enough.

I dropped UC Davis way down for that game.

clenz
September 9th, 2019, 02:41 PM
Week 2
Last Week

North Dakota St

South Dakota St

James Madison

Eastern Washington

Weber St

UC-Davis

Northern Iowa

Maine

Montana

Central Arkansas

Villanova

Montana State

Illinois State

Towson

Youngstown State

Furman

Kennesaw St

Southeastern Louisiana

North Carolina A&T
NR/NW

Southeast Missouri St

Elon
NR/WL

Delaware

Nicholls
NR/NW

Princeton
NR/WL

Jacksonville St
NR/NW

NR=Not Ranked
NW=Not on my watch list
WL=On my watch list/next group of 7-10

BEAR
September 9th, 2019, 02:41 PM
My Ballot:

4: Central Arkansas Bears
6: Weber State Wildcats
9: Eastern Washington Eagles
10: Kennesaw State Owls
12: Furman Paladins
13: Nicholls State Colonels
14: Montana Grizzlies
15: Illinois State Redbirds
16: Montana State Bobcats
18: Stony Brook Seawolves
21: North Carolina A&T Aggies
22: Princeton Tigers
25: Southeast Missouri State Redhawks

The Yo Show

The Most Significant Win: Dayton Flyers

https://www.bing.com/th?id=OGC.9ff24ca41970cea12c959a47323cf3ea&pid=1.7&rurl=http%3a%2f%2fcdn.fansided.com%2fwp-content%2fblogs.dir%2f276%2ffiles%2f2014%2f02%2ffr ed-sanford-im-coming-o.gif&ehk=EhR2grsjnyL2ihkw%2bota9A

JSUSoutherner
September 9th, 2019, 02:46 PM
https://www.bing.com/th?id=OGC.9ff24ca41970cea12c959a47323cf3ea&pid=1.7&rurl=http%3a%2f%2fcdn.fansided.com%2fwp-content%2fblogs.dir%2f276%2ffiles%2f2014%2f02%2ffr ed-sanford-im-coming-o.gif&ehk=EhR2grsjnyL2ihkw%2bota9A https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190909/4e73f966886c33ef32faff115005637c.gif

Sent from my Galaxy S9+ using Tapatalk

BEAR
September 9th, 2019, 02:49 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190909/4e73f966886c33ef32faff115005637c.gif

xlolx

bwbear
September 9th, 2019, 02:49 PM

LOL. This.

I still contend we are a top 20 team. Definitely not top 10, and no way in hades top 5.

I'd feel different if we were rushing for 100+ a game.

JSUSoutherner
September 9th, 2019, 02:52 PM
LOL. This.

I still contend we are a top 20 team. Definitely not top 10, and no way in hades top 5.

I'd feel different if we were rushing for 100+ a game.

I think UCA is fringe top 10 right now. The running game has been bad but from what I saw APSU and WKU had a lot to do with it. Like you say, the run game is the only real negative for UCA right now and obviously it's not hurting them too bad yet.

Evolution Prime
September 9th, 2019, 02:53 PM
North Dakota State Bison

Eastern Washington Eagles

James Madison Dukes

South Dakota State Jackrabbits

Weber State Wildcats

Northern Iowa Panthers

UC Davis Aggies

Montana State Bobcats

Maine Black Bears

Central Arkansas Bears

Towson Tigers

Kennesaw State Owls

Illinois State Redbirds

Furman Paladins

Montana Grizzlies

Nicholls State Colonels

Southeastern Louisiana Lions

Southeast Missouri State Redhawks

Villanova Wildcats

North Carolina A&T Aggies

Jacksonville State Gamecocks

Delaware Fightin' Blue Hens

Wofford Terriers

Elon Phoenix

Duquesne Dukes

Significant Win: Montana Grizzlies
Significant Loss: Northwestern State Demons

JSUSoutherner
September 9th, 2019, 02:55 PM
North Dakota State Bison

Eastern Washington Eagles

James Madison Dukes

South Dakota State Jackrabbits

Weber State Wildcats

Northern Iowa Panthers

UC Davis Aggies

Montana State Bobcats

Maine Black Bears

Central Arkansas Bears

Towson Tigers

Kennesaw State Owls

Illinois State Redbirds

Furman Paladins

Montana Grizzlies

Nicholls State Colonels

Southeastern Louisiana Lions

Southeast Missouri State Redhawks

Villanova Wildcats

North Carolina A&T Aggies

Jacksonville State Gamecocks

Delaware Fightin' Blue Hens

Wofford Terriers

Elon Phoenix

Duquesne Dukes

Significant Win: Montana Grizzlies
Significant Loss: Northwestern State Demons

What has EWU done this season that warrants top 5 consideration?

Let's talk about that, shall we?

TheKingpin28
September 9th, 2019, 03:02 PM
6: UC Davis Aggies
7: Weber State Wildcats
8: Kennesaw State Owls
9: Northern Iowa Panthers
10: Towson Tigers
11: Montana State Bobcats
13: Furman Paladins
14: Illinois State Redbirds
15: Central Arkansas Bears
17: North Carolina A&T Aggies
18: Southeast Missouri State Redhawks
19: Delaware Fightin' Blue Hens
21: Southeastern Louisiana Lions
22: South Carolina State Bulldogs
25: Villanova Wildcats

Recap:

-16 were either perfect or off by 1

-I guess people are higher on UCA yet they refuse to rank AP? Hmm...

-I want to see one more game from Villanova before I bump them due to Colgate and Lehigh being like awful.

-SCSU still deserves to be ranked IMO.

-I thought about having KSU lower, and I believe I should.

BEAR
September 9th, 2019, 03:06 PM

Recap:

-I want to see one more game from Villanova before I bump them due to Colgate and Lehigh being like awful.

APSU deserves to be ranked in the top 25. However as a side note about UCA...we're not making comebacks weekly because our team is lacking talent...but coaching by the OC is holding these kids back. He hasn't played several returning WRs and since our Oline is having issues blocking for the run he just seems to want to do that over and over and over. Makes no sense. Fans can't figure it out. But I promise you we are better than what we have showed against an FBS and a team that has a tough run defense.

Preferred Walk-On
September 9th, 2019, 03:07 PM
not joking at all, big Dom fanboy. It appears that he and maybe a couple other people total thought SIU was worthy of being voted for. Yet he went full-Saluki and put them at #16. That's egregious.

Perhaps I was not clear with my post. I have no absolutely no problem with you critiquing Dom's picks, as they do indeed warrant critiquing, and I completely agree with you about SIU @ 16.

I was more bothered by the disrespect of his name. That was my reason for posting as such.

Not necessarily a Dom fanboy (don't know him, don't follow his blogs/podcasts), but I do respect him for the work he has put in doing sports in eastern ND/western MN, which I believe has gone above and beyond most sports directors in the area over the past 30 years.

Finally, I must have missed it, but did you post your poll yet?

Professor Chaos
September 9th, 2019, 03:08 PM

Recap:

I mentioned it in my response to Southerner but I think it's pretty dangerous to give too much credit for moral victories. Case in point San Diego led your #6 team with 4 minutes to go in the game. Does that mean San Diego should be ranked?

You start weighting moral victories that heavily and you'll make a lot of extra work for yourself when building your poll ballot. xtwocentsx

F'N Hawks
September 9th, 2019, 03:10 PM
Perhaps I was not clear with my post. I have no absolutely no problem with you critiquing Dom's picks, as they do indeed warrant critiquing, and I completely agree with you about SIU @ 16.

I was more bothered by the disrespect of his name. That was my reason for posting as such.

Not necessarily a Dom fanboy (don't know him, don't follow his blogs/podcasts), but I do respect him for the work he has put in doing sports in eastern ND/western MN, which I believe has gone above and beyond most sports directors in the area over the past 30 years.

Finally, I must have missed it, but did you post your poll yet?

If I want to attempt to be funny by making fun of a person's last name on a ****ing message board I am going to seize that opportunity every time, Dad.

TheKingpin28
September 9th, 2019, 03:14 PM
I mentioned it in my response to Southerner but I think it's pretty dangerous to give too much credit for moral victories. Case in point San Diego led your #6 team with 4 minutes to go in the game. Does that mean San Diego should be ranked?

You start weighting moral victories that heavily and you'll make a lot of extra work for yourself when building your poll ballot. xtwocentsx

APSU lost their starting QB and yet still gave them hell. Similar concept to Montana State. I mentioned in the summer if they could find a competent QB they would be an easy top 15 team. Well look what happened there. If AP can get another competent QB back there, that defense will carry them to the playoffs due to a weak OVC. 1 win over either SEMO or JSU should lock it down, as long as they take care of ETSU and Mercer.

(FTR, I did have SD at #26 and I was tempted to put them in over Nova, difference being SD is 0-2 and AP is 1-1 with a trouncing of NCCU and San Diego being almost equal to Nova in terms of rankings).

F'N Hawks
September 9th, 2019, 03:15 PM
Based on the first two weeks results San Diego and Dayton are going to destroy everybody in the Pioneer.

Preferred Walk-On
September 9th, 2019, 03:16 PM
If I want to attempt to be funny by making fun of a person's last name on a ****ing message board I am going to seize that opportunity every time, Dad.

Still no poll.

F'N Hawks
September 9th, 2019, 03:23 PM
Still no poll.

No cause I don't vote but this would be my poll:

1-25: Not Southern Illinois.

The rest of America agrees with me.

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 9th, 2019, 03:25 PM
SIU beat a horrible FBS team. They have proven over and over they are an underachieving team. They are not a top 25 team IMO. Conference play will weed them out. Maybe I'm wrong.....but I doubt it.

JSUSoutherner
September 9th, 2019, 03:27 PM

I'm not giving credit for morality. I'm giving credit because of their level of play.

Same reason I have UNI so high.

Did they beat Iowa State? No. But they are playing better football than they have in several years.

It works in reverse too. It's why I dropped EWU and UC Davis.

Preferred Walk-On
September 9th, 2019, 03:30 PM

Insightful. Thanks.

JSUSoutherner
September 9th, 2019, 03:45 PM

I vote and my poll looks like this.

1-25: Not North Dakota

#LinemenDontMatter

F'N Hawks
September 9th, 2019, 03:47 PM
I vote and my poll looks like this.

1-25: Not North Dakota

#LinemenDontMatter

Good one, except it doesn't apply to the conversation. But funny for you, though.

JSUSoutherner
September 9th, 2019, 03:49 PM
Good one, except it doesn't apply to the conversation. But funny for you, though.

Oh I'm aware of it's lack of application. Im just bored.

2 more hours to kill before MNF.

HootyHoo
September 9th, 2019, 03:57 PM
That's a solid poll. Unfortunately, I don't think the Owls deserve their ranking. We gave the game away on Saturday. Mistakes and Missed assignments. terrible.

The Yo Show
September 9th, 2019, 04:02 PM

I probably have them too high but eh. Their spot on my poll will change as the weeks go by, they lose and they will drop.

Professor Chaos
September 9th, 2019, 04:05 PM
I'm not giving credit for morality. I'm giving credit because of their level of play.

Same reason I have UNI so high.

Did they beat Iowa State? No. But they are playing better football than they have in several years.

It works in reverse too. It's why I dropped EWU and UC Davis.
Meh... "giving credit because of their level of play" without quality wins starts to get into a real gray area of subjectivity when it comes to ranking teams. Good teams find ways to win and bad teams find ways to lose so I like to see teams actually win but you're right that I did give UNI a lot of credit for their loss to Iowa St. I'm probably being unfair calling it a moral victory for APSU against UCA because that's just what I view it as right now. It could be in a few weeks they show that hanging with UCA was no stroke of luck.... or maybe they fall off the map like they did last year. We'll see.

JSUSoutherner
September 9th, 2019, 04:13 PM
That's a solid poll. Unfortunately, I don't think the Owls deserve their ranking. We gave the game away on Saturday. Mistakes and Missed assignments. terrible.

But you guys have the best defense in the FCS and are supposed to go undefeated.

Katfan
September 9th, 2019, 04:14 PM
Oh I'm aware of it's lack of application. Im just bored.

2 more hours to kill before MNF.
Go Texans!

JSUSoutherner
September 9th, 2019, 04:19 PM
Go Texans!

I have Drew Brees and Will Lutz in Fantasy.

Brees is on my bench but I'd still like him to do well so I can possibly use him as trade bait.

Katfan
September 9th, 2019, 04:23 PM
I have Drew Brees and Will Lutz in Fantasy.

Brees is on my bench but I'd still like him to do well so I can possibly use him as trade bait.
It might be a high scoring affair. Wentz is my fantasy qb. After a slow start he roared back!

JSUSoutherner
September 9th, 2019, 04:34 PM
It might be a high scoring affair. Wentz is my fantasy qb. After a slow start he roared back!

I got Dak. He performed nicely for me. I've had Wentz the past two years. I wasn't about to make that mistake a third time.

bwbear
September 9th, 2019, 04:35 PM
Meh... "giving credit because of their level of play" without quality wins starts to get into a real gray area of subjectivity when it comes to ranking teams. Good teams find ways to win and bad teams find ways to lose so I like to see teams actually win but you're right that I did give UNI a lot of credit for their loss to Iowa St. I'm probably being unfair calling it a moral victory for APSU against UCA because that's just what I view it as right now. It could be in a few weeks they show that hanging with UCA was no stroke of luck.... or maybe they fall off the map like they did last year. We'll see.

If UCA really is good as what the ranking suggest (and I really want to believe they are, but I don't quite yet), then the only thing I think may hurt APSU are the injuries. Three starters went out against us this week. That's tough to come back from. Hopefully they are minor sprains and they can recover quickly. But, credit to the back-ups. They played well. Their QB came in and played fairly fearless. Once the coaches let him do his thing, he made some things happen. UCA's defense just did not give him time to do much for 3 quarters of the game.

Mike296
September 9th, 2019, 04:48 PM
Had some internet issues last night and this morning so I couldn’t get my poll in

FUBeAR
September 9th, 2019, 04:49 PM
Had some issues last night and this morning so I couldn’t get my poll inThey have blue pills that can help you with those issues, y’know.

caribbeanhen
September 9th, 2019, 04:51 PM
JMU with 7 first place votes......hmmm based on hopes and dreams I guess

JSUSoutherner
September 9th, 2019, 04:59 PM
Had some internet issues last night and this morning so I couldn’t get my poll in

Any update on the injuries?

FUBeAR
September 9th, 2019, 05:08 PM
Any update on the injuries?

https://twitter.com/jo2k_4/status/1171141427537043460

ElCid
September 9th, 2019, 05:16 PM
UCA at 7. But no Peay.

I have to agree with the professor on this one. There is a big distance between Cent Ark and the Peay in the poll, but there is a big distance between the "W" and "L." Peay is on my watch list but does not warrant a ranking currently. You get no points for a close L. At least until you show you can actually win the tougher games. Don't I know it. Hence My Dogs are not in the poll, nor should they be, yet.

Sammy94
September 9th, 2019, 05:17 PM
I hope my vote was received. I never got my confirmation email I usually get.

JSUSoutherner
September 9th, 2019, 05:31 PM
I have to agree with the professor on this one. There is a big distance between Cent Ark and the Peay in the poll, but there is a big distance between the "W" and "L." Peay is on my watch list but does not warrant a ranking currently. You get no points for a close L. At least until you show you can actually win the tougher games. Don't I know it. Hence My Dogs are not in the poll, nor should they be, yet.

Disagree. I think El Cid is a top 25 team.

Teams can have postitive attributes and still lose. El Cid's opened with a tough couple teams but have played competitively.

I'm more impressed with a team that challenges itself and can show it belongs than a team that dumps 70 on a sub-D1 nobody and has proved nothing other than it can chomp cupcakes.

I do my ranking off of who has the best team and who plays the best football. Comparing Ws and Ls without taking all the other factors into account is only doing half the job.

Not all wins and losses are equal because everyone is playing different opponents.

BEAR
September 9th, 2019, 05:32 PM
Look Peay lost their starting QB but they had a senior who had played in previous years come in and pick us apart....at their house after we played an FBS on the road...with a coach who won't open up our offense for some stupid reason. No one so far has been able to stop Winningham and when the other WRs get to play I see us getting stronger.

ursus arctos horribilis
September 9th, 2019, 05:36 PM
I hope my vote was received. I never got my confirmation email I usually get.
Go check the poll voter's forum. I can't believe how often I have to say this to voters.

cx500d
September 9th, 2019, 05:54 PM
UCD barely squeaked by San Diego, I’m surprised San Diego isn’t in here, or UCD isn’t lower.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

cx500d
September 9th, 2019, 05:55 PM

Shouldn’t be a problem overlooking you.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Daytripper
September 9th, 2019, 05:58 PM
Look Peay lost their starting QB but they had a senior who had played in previous years come in and pick us apart....at their house after we played an FBS on the road...with a coach who won't open up our offense for some stupid reason. No one so far has been able to stop Winningham and when the other WRs get to play I see us getting stronger.

Do you think your coaches are playing close to the vest to save for conference play? We tend to think Keeler does that.

mvemjsunpx
September 9th, 2019, 06:19 PM
(previous week in parentheses)

1. South Dakota St. (1)
2. James Madison (2)
3. Maine (4)
4. North Dakota St. (6)
5. UC Davis (3)
6. Weber St. (5)
7. Nicholls St. (7)
8. Eastern Washington (8)
9. Northern Iowa (9)
10. Central Arkansas (12)
11. Montana St. (16)
12. Illinois St. (14)
13. Towson (15)
14. Kennesaw St. (13)
15. Yale (17)
16. Sam Houston St. (18)
17. Delaware (19)
18. Southeastern Louisiana (22)
19. Jacksonville St. (23)
20. Eastern Kentucky (21)
21. Furman (NR)
22. North Dakota (11)
23. Wofford (24)
24. Southeast Missouri St. (20)
25. North Carolina A&T (25)

W - Montana St.
L - Indiana St.

Dropped - Indiana St. (10)

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 9th, 2019, 06:19 PM
6: Illinois State Redbirds
7: UC Davis Aggies
8: Montana State Bobcats
9: Nicholls State Colonels
10: Northern Iowa Panthers
12: Weber State Wildcats
13: Central Arkansas Bears
14: Princeton Tigers
15: Kennesaw State Owls
16: North Carolina A&T Aggies
17: Furman Paladins
18: Eastern Kentucky Colonels
20: Yale Bulldogs
22: Elon Phoenix
23: Montana Grizzlies
24: Youngstown State Penguins
25: Jacksonville State Gamecocks

Go Lehigh TU owl

Which Conference Does Your Team Play in?: Patriot League

clenz
September 9th, 2019, 06:26 PM
Do you think your coaches are playing close to the vest to save for conference play? We tend to think Keeler does that.I know Farley does.

He deflated the ball instantly after half

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

BEAR
September 9th, 2019, 06:31 PM
Do you think your coaches are playing close to the vest to save for conference play? We tend to think Keeler does that.

I really don’t know but if we play half the kids I saw in camps that coach himself boasted about then our offense should open up and we should score much earlier. OOC is important but winning that auto bid may mean more to him. Who knows. After ACU we got FBS Hawaii looming which might lower our value in the eyes of poll voters.

aceinthehole
September 9th, 2019, 06:31 PM
6: Illinois State Redbirds
7: UC Davis Aggies
8: Montana State Bobcats
9: Nicholls State Colonels
10: Northern Iowa Panthers
12: Weber State Wildcats
13: Central Arkansas Bears
14: Princeton Tigers
15: Kennesaw State Owls
16: North Carolina A&T Aggies
18: Eastern Kentucky Colonels
20: Yale Bulldogs
22: Elon Phoenix
23: Montana Grizzlies
24: Youngstown State Penguins
25: Jacksonville State Gamecocks

Go Lehigh TU owl

Which Conference Does Your Team Play in?: Patriot League
You have Yale at #20 and they haven't played a game this year? They were a 5-5 teams last year and did not finish the 2018 season in the Top-25 in either the STATS or Coaches poll.

Yet, you've ignored Dartmouth a 9-1 team from a year ago, that finished who finished with a 18/15 nation ranking (STATS/Coaches).

I can't figure out how some people value the Ivy teams before they begin the season, while ignoring teams that have already won games.

Basically you are saying that Yale's membership in the Ivy League is more important than Dayton's win at Indiana State.

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 9th, 2019, 08:23 PM
You have Yale at #20 and they haven't played a game this year? They were a 5-5 teams last year and did not finish the 2018 season in the Top-25 in either the STATS or Coaches poll.

Yet, you've ignored Dartmouth a 9-1 team from a year ago, that finished who finished with a 18/15 nation ranking (STATS/Coaches).

I can't figure out how some people value the Ivy teams before they begin the season, while ignoring teams that have already won games.

Basically you are saying that Yale's membership in the Ivy League is more important than Dayton's win at Indiana State.

My poll is more based on how I think teams are going to finish the year. I really don't like having much movement in my poll unless its warranted. As a result I'm not going to unrank Yale because they haven't played a game yet.

I'm onboard with Yale being the Ivy League favorite this year. They showed their ceiling last year (wins over Maine and Mercer) but injuries killed the potential for a 7 or 8 win season imo. I'm content with having them in the Top 20 and Princeton at 14. I still really like the Tiger's talent base and Surace's creative coaching style.

The IL has 3 potential Top 25 teams. Dartmouth is definitely on my radar. If Colgate beats W&M that will set up an intriguing game between the Big Green and Raiders.

Thumper 76
September 9th, 2019, 08:47 PM
Hello Thumper 76,

We have received your AGS Top 25 vote on 9/8/2019 13:46:45

Your vote is listed below.

1: James Madison Dukes
2: North Dakota State Bison
4: Maine Black Bears
5: Furman Paladins
6: Eastern Washington Eagles
8: Weber State Wildcats
9: UC Davis Aggies
10: Illinois State Redbirds
12: Central Arkansas Bears
13: Montana State Bobcats
14: Nicholls State Colonels
15: Montana Grizzlies
16: Sam Houston State Bearkats
17: Elon Phoenix
18: Youngstown State Penguins
19: North Carolina A&T Aggies
20: Kennesaw State Owls
22: Villanova Wildcats
23: The Citadel Bulldogs
24: Delaware Fightin' Blue Hens
25: San Diego Toreros

Thumper 76

The Most Significant Win: Montana Grizzlies

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JSUSoutherner
September 9th, 2019, 08:49 PM
Hello Thumper 76,

Thumper 76

Yikes.

Thumper 76
September 9th, 2019, 08:51 PM
Yikes.

Go on. Use your words.

caribbeanhen
September 9th, 2019, 09:21 PM
Go on. Use your words.

why is JMU over the Bison?

what did JMU do over the off season to erase that nasty loss to Colgate?

if Schor was still there, maybe....but the JMU QB has some WTF moments.....

Thumper 76
September 9th, 2019, 09:24 PM
why is JMU over the Bison?

what did JMU do over the off season to erase that nasty loss to Colgate?

if Schor was still there, maybe....but the JMU QB has some WTF moments.....

I’ve been mulling that one and I might redo that if I could. That said, I do think that returning as much talent as they have is a huge deal for a team that was in the playoffs. And the interesting thing about the game against Colgate was that it was last year, so I’m not sure why I would vote on this years poll in the season based on a game from last year.

caribbeanhen
September 9th, 2019, 09:35 PM
I’ve been mulling that one and I might redo that if I could. That said, I do think that returning as much talent as they have is a huge deal for a team that was in the playoffs. And the interesting thing about the game against Colgate was that it was last year, so I’m not sure why I would vote on this years poll in the season based on a game from last year.

fair point on last year, but sometimes hangovers can linger on longer than we would like.... basically, as long as JMU has that QB they will never beat the Bison..... book it
having said that, He does have a lot of positives and if he can limit the mistakes he is a serious threat

McCowboys
September 10th, 2019, 08:04 AM
Hello Thumper 76,

Thumper 76

I also chose Montana as the most significant win, not because they won, but they annihilated a good (transitional) UNA team -- a team some AGS pollsters would have been voting for if they were eligible. I would be interested to know when anyone handled a UNA team like that.

Professor Chaos
September 10th, 2019, 08:18 AM
I also chose Montana as the most significant win, not because they won, but they annihilated a good (transitional) UNA team -- a team some AGS pollsters would have been voting for if they were eligible. I would be interested to know when anyone handled a UNA team like that.
I wasn't too impressed with it honestly. UNA was up 17-16 at the half and Montana ran it up in the 2nd half. Yes, I give them credit for a convincing victory over a decent, probably fringe top 25 team if they were eligible, but the 44 point margin was pretty misleading IMO.

Derby City Duke
September 10th, 2019, 02:19 PM
For your perusal; constructive and non-constructive criticism welcome. Poll voter reserves the right to disregard said criticism, mostly because he can. xthumbsupx

I'm way too bullish on the CAA this early. When NDSU embarrasses (probably) UDel this weekend expect they'll disappear and the conference race will kick others to the curb. For me 15-30 is like the old Scrabble tile bag -- just reach in and grab a handful and see what you come with. I always seem to draw the X, J, Q, and Z and am left trying to figure out where to fit them in the board.

Hello Derby City Duke,

We have received your AGS Top 25 vote on 9/8/2019 19:38:55

2: South Dakota State Jackrabbits
3: Eastern Washington Eagles
4: James Madison Dukes
5: Northern Iowa Panthers
8: Nicholls State Colonels
9: Towson Tigers
10: Central Arkansas Bears
11: Maine Black Bears
12: Montana Grizzlies
13: Kennesaw State Owls
14: North Carolina A&T Aggies
15: Montana State Bobcats
16: Elon Phoenix
19: Illinois State Redbirds
20: Jacksonville State Gamecocks
21: Villanova Wildcats
22: Duquesne Dukes
23: Stony Brook Seawolves
25: Youngstown State Penguins

Derby City Duke

mvemjsunpx
September 10th, 2019, 03:11 PM
I wasn't too impressed with it honestly. UNA was up 17-16 at the half and Montana ran it up in the 2nd half. Yes, I give them credit for a convincing victory over a decent, probably fringe top 25 team if they were eligible, but the 44 point margin was pretty misleading IMO.

What I saw of UNA was nothing close to a top-25 team. All the Griz did was blitz a few times and the Lion QB fell apart and panicked repeatedly. UNA then appearted to quit over the last 15-20 minutes after the Griz went up 2+ scores.

North Alabama has good talent in some positions (WR especially), but they seemed a bit lacking in discipline & mental toughness. As I said in the Big Sky picks thread last week, I think North Alabama's win over Western Illinois was more about WIU being bad than about UNA being real good.

clenz
September 10th, 2019, 04:07 PM
What I saw of UNA was nothing close to a top-25 team. All the Griz did was blitz a few times and the Lion QB fell apart and panicked repeatedly. UNA then appearted to quit over the last 15-20 minutes after the Griz went up 2+ scores.

North Alabama has good talent in some positions (WR especially), but they seemed a bit lacking in discipline & mental toughness. As I said in the Big Sky picks thread last week, I think North Alabama's win over Western Illinois was more about WIU being bad than about UNA being real good.
Agreed.

I watched the UNA/WIU game.

WIU is another level of bad right now by MVFC standards. We're talking bottom 2 MVFC for sure (they can progress I get). I'm thinking right there with Missouri State. UNA and WIU were more or less even with an edge to UNA. I'd put UNA like 7th in the MVFC right now.

Some MVFC fans would tell you that's borderline top 25 but it's not.

POD Knows
September 10th, 2019, 08:15 PM
Hello POD Knows,

We have received your AGS Top 25 vote on 9/8/2019 7:00:39

5: Weber State Wildcats