PDA

View Full Version : Eastern Washington @ Jax State

jsualumnus
September 8th, 2019, 11:17 AM
Is this game still one of the biggest FCS games of the year? Tale of two QB’s!!! Did JSU’s win vs Chatty renew the excitement for this game? Also, Bison fans err’where are putting JSU at the #2 seed now, cough cough Bison56, or even higher, cough cough, but one can’t deny this will be one of the funnest games to watch offensively. Cooper’s arm and weapons vs EWU’s everything... One thing is for sure, JSU’s OL and DL will have their hardest work day of the year, maybe even since 16’ against NDSU!

cx500d
September 8th, 2019, 11:19 AM
Ewu will pound JSU

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TheKingpin28
September 8th, 2019, 11:33 AM
Barriere (I think that is how one spells it) will pick JSU apart. One of the best pure athletes I have seen play the QB position. I believe he is Lil Shooter part 2 and that does not bode well for JSU. EWU also decided they want to have a decent defense as of late which will Zerrick and Co the fits. Barriere will make you regret stacking the box and if you don't spy him, will burn you with his legs.

Prime Power
September 8th, 2019, 11:38 AM
I expect the score of this to be somewhere around 65 - 55 with EWU escaping with the win.

JSUSoutherner
September 8th, 2019, 12:01 PM
Add. A. Poll.

Rookie.

jsualumnus
September 8th, 2019, 12:34 PM
Add. A.

Rookie.

Can’t Add. A. Poll from my phone, for some reason. Nice call out... Will try again...

Ever heard the term “I was in Bagdad before you were in your Dad’s bag?”

JSUSoutherner
September 8th, 2019, 12:37 PM
Can’t Add. A. Poll from my phone, for some reason. Nice call out... Will try again...

Ever heard the term “I was in Bagdad before you were in your Dad’s bag?”

Amateur hour over here. :D

jsualumnus
September 8th, 2019, 12:42 PM
Amateur hour over here. :D
Not having a great day here, yo. Not only do we have holier than thou Bison fans here to deal with (sarcasm), but apparently their Bisonery comes out during Vikings games as well. Damn, do I wish to be a part of constant freakin winning!!!!

JSUSoutherner
September 8th, 2019, 02:35 PM
Not having a great day here, yo. Not only do we have holier than thou Bison fans here to deal with (sarcasm), but apparently their Bisonery comes out during Vikings games as well. Damn, do I wish to be a part of constant freakin winning!!!!

I'm sorry about you're less than great day. At least we won last night.

I was just giving you a hard time. My apologies.

UpstateBison
September 8th, 2019, 04:53 PM
This should be an EWU curb stomping. If it is not, then I am not too worried about EWU. JSU will not stop Barriere as he is better than Cooper. EWU’s defense is better so I predict a 24 point EWU win.

You JSU guy’s can thank me later based on my past predictions.

Bison56
September 8th, 2019, 05:00 PM

Fyi I hate the vikings

JSUSoutherner
September 8th, 2019, 05:06 PM
Because I want a poll.

mvfcfan
September 8th, 2019, 05:11 PM
Between the MVFC and OVC this is the only game I have not made a pick for yet. I honestly think this game could go either way. If I was being completely honest, I am leaning towards picking EWU just because I feel like JSU tends to lose these kinds of games more times than not. However neither team has done much to really impress me so far.

MR. CHICKEN
September 8th, 2019, 05:12 PM
Because I want a poll.

....OK......AH VOTED IGGLES..............BRAWK!

Ivytalk
September 8th, 2019, 05:41 PM
EWU by 10.

jsualumnus
September 8th, 2019, 08:39 PM
I'm sorry about you're less than great day. At least we won last night.

I was just giving you a hard time. My apologies.
Hey!!!! No apologies yo!!!! I knew you were joking!!!! Beers on me in Jville whenever! C’mannnnn...

jsualumnus
September 8th, 2019, 08:40 PM
Fyi I hate the vikings
Ha! I hope you don’t feel profiled!

jsualumnus
September 8th, 2019, 08:47 PM
Ok... He wanted a poll... Sooooo... Im picking JSU by 3... Lots of Offense.

Professor Chaos
September 8th, 2019, 08:48 PM
EWU by 14-17... too much northern speed for JSU.

jsualumnus
September 8th, 2019, 08:57 PM
Dude... Christmas is too much speed for JSU lately. Hopefully, we righted the ship.

Preferred Walk-On
September 8th, 2019, 09:09 PM
I am voting Jacksonville State, because:

1. EWU gave up 31 pts to a D2 team last week - this would seem to indicate that the defense is not great and/or the offense does not assist with TOP (TOP for game was only +4 min for EWU).
2. EWU has to travel across the country to play JSU - I have been informed by others on this forum that travel factors in. Plus this is a 3 hr differential, even if EWU is playing this game at a similar time to when they play most of their games.
3. The field is not red, so automatically EWU is at a disadvantage.

I am not high on JSU necessarily, but I think EWU is still finding their identity (and hopefully for them, some defense) this year. I expect this game to be high scoring.

JSUSoutherner
September 8th, 2019, 09:15 PM
Every time everyone has predicted JSU to be in a track meet it's either been a slugfest or a blowout.

If this is was December I'd pick EWU, but it's not. It's September.

I think Barriere's mobility will be the difference maker in this game.

Derby City Duke
September 8th, 2019, 09:38 PM
EWU wins but closer than many seem to think. Barriere > Cooper. Question is will the EWU's defense from this weekend show up. If so, JSU could pull out a narrow win.

JSUSoutherner
September 8th, 2019, 09:38 PM
Hey!!!! No apologies yo!!!! I knew you were joking!!!! Beers on me in Jville whenever! C’mannnnn...

Free beers you say?

jsualumnus
September 8th, 2019, 09:41 PM
Free beers you say?
Yeah, next time I tailgate... come over. Likely the UNA game.

lionsrking2
September 8th, 2019, 09:41 PM
Interesting game. It'll come down to who can affect the other team's QB the most, and who can protect theirs.

Schism55
September 8th, 2019, 09:45 PM
I expect the score of this to be somewhere around 65 - 55 with EWU escaping with the win.
Agreed, EWU defense is putrid.

JSUSoutherner
September 8th, 2019, 09:48 PM
Yeah, next time I tailgate... come over. Likely the UNA game.

Lit.

ursus arctos horribilis
September 8th, 2019, 10:59 PM
Ok... He wanted a poll... Sooooo... Im picking JSU by 3... Lots of Offense.
I requested this at the beginning of the season for game threads so I'm gonna combine yours and this one.

clenz
September 8th, 2019, 11:02 PM
I am voting Jacksonville State, because:

1. They gave up 31 pts to a D2 team last week - this would seem to indicate that the defense is not great and/or the offense does not assist with TOP (TOP for game was only +4 min for EWU).
2. EWU has to travel across the country to play JSU - I have been informed by others on this forum that travel factors in. Plus this is a 3 hr differential, even if EWU is playing this game at a similar time to when they play most of their games.
3. The field is not red, so automatically EWU is at a disadvantage.

I am not high on JSU necessarily, but I think EWU is still finding their identity (and hopefully for them, some defense) this year. I expect this game to be high scoring.
I went EWU - but I'd be lying if I said I didn't almost go JSU

I had a conversation with JSUSoutherner off the board where I told him I thought SELA might have been a wake up call for JSU. They have the talent where if they ever got their heads right they could be actually be a force.

JSUSoutherner
September 8th, 2019, 11:13 PM

I had a conversation with JSUSoutherner off the board where I told him I thought SELA might have been a wake up call for JSU. They have the talent where if they ever got their heads right they could be actually be a force.

If our team continues to progress it could be really good.

There's lots of growing still to do, but this week was a step in the right direction and I think Grass and the team understand there's still a lot to do.

With the schedule we're playing this season, if the team keeps getting better each week we may have a helluva team come playoff time. Maybe we might even get to the quarterfinals for once.

But as we saw last season, we can just as easily sink back into mediocrity and sloppiness and get whupped.

lionsrking2
September 9th, 2019, 02:27 AM

IMO, JSU will have to outscore them in a shootout because I don't think they can generate enough pass rush with their front four, without having to blitz, especially as mobile as Barriere is. On the other side of the ball, can they protect the QB? I haven't seen enough of EWU to know how athletic they are on defense, but if they have speed and quickness up front, they'll cause some problems for JSU's O-line. If they can't get to Cooper, it could be a long night for both defenses.

Daytripper
September 9th, 2019, 06:00 AM

If the SELA speed gave them trouble..EWU will have their heads spinning. EWU by 17.

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 9th, 2019, 06:19 AM
EWU by 2 TDs

Mocs123
September 9th, 2019, 06:21 AM
I'm not sure how Chattanooga's speed compares to SLU or EWU but Cooper was not sacked at all in last weeks game. My guess is Kevin Revis (a Chattanooga product and current JSU O-Line coach) made some improvements after week 1.

I'm not sure about EWU's defense, so I'm picking JSU in a high scoring affair.

Iridebikes
September 9th, 2019, 06:58 AM
I placed my vote for the EAGS but I don't have a lot of confidence. So far our (EWU)defense has not found its footing, our special teams are not performing well, we're down a running back and to sum it all up, we just have not looked very good as a football team.

POD Knows
September 9th, 2019, 07:40 AM
JSU wins this one just because

McCowboys
September 9th, 2019, 07:52 AM
I requested this at the beginning of the season for game threads so I'm gonna combine yours and this one.

I have put two polls in threads the last two weeks for the McNeese contests. One of the options says to make the votes public. I assume that means you can see who voted for what. Maybe I am not doing something correctly because that does not work. ? (My apologies for crashing this thread.)

I am looking for an exciting high scoring game!

Professor Chaos
September 9th, 2019, 08:10 AM
I have put two polls in threads the last two weeks for the McNeese contests. One of the options says to make the votes public. I assume that means you can see who voted for what. Maybe I am not doing something correctly because that does not work. ? (My apologies for crashing this thread.)

I am looking for an exciting high scoring game!
If you hover over the vote totals in a public poll you should be able to click on them and then see a list of who voted for each team/option.

McCowboys
September 9th, 2019, 08:43 AM
If you hover over the vote totals in a public poll you should be able to click on them and then see a list of who voted for each team/option.

Thank you! I actually have to click on the first poll number to see results. But at least I know how now. Much obliged!

Professor Chaos
September 10th, 2019, 09:01 AM
Right now 5dimes has EWU as a 13.5 point road favorite. The O/U is at 72.5 so they're predicting a 43-30 final. I would bet that more points than that are scored in this game.

BEAR
September 10th, 2019, 09:10 AM
It will be as close as this poll results.....xcoffeex xlolx

MSUBobcat
September 10th, 2019, 12:48 PM
I went with JSU. Prior to Saturday, I would have gone with EWU by a bunch. I think the SLA loss was a hiccup like last year's first game for JSU, and that appears to be the case after the Chatty game. And then there's EWU's defense.... giving up 47 to Washington is understandable. Giving up 31 to a 4-7 DII team that only managed 31 points 4x in 2018 is not. Combined with what should be a packed house.... I think JSU pulls off a tight upset.

Bison56
September 10th, 2019, 08:53 PM
Going to be a fun game to watch. I dont expect many drives to end with a punt.

cx500d
September 10th, 2019, 08:57 PM
Going to be a fun game to watch. I dont expect many drives to end with a punt.

Fumbles or interceptions?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Bison56
September 10th, 2019, 09:01 PM
Fumbles or interceptions?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm sure there will be a couple.
I picked EW only because they have a better OL.

JSUSoutherner
September 10th, 2019, 09:07 PM
I picked EW only because they have a better OL.
This worries me.

Fortunately though our OL doesn't have to be better than their OL. They just have to be better than EWUs DL.

They improved tremendously between SLU and Chattanooga and in eager to see if they continue to progress at a such a quick pace.

Honestly though, win or lose, I just hope the team continues to get better. We have lots of young players, particularly on the OL. Playing a team as good as EWU to get a litmus test now will pay dividends come playoff time.

cx500d
September 10th, 2019, 09:44 PM
This worries me.

Fortunately though our OL doesn't have to be better than their OL. They just have to be better than EWUs DL.

They improved tremendously between SLU and Chattanooga and in eager to see if they continue to progress at a such a quick pace.

Honestly though, win or lose, I just hope the team continues to get better. We have lots of young players, particularly on the OL. Playing a team as good as EWU to get a litmus test now will pay dividends come playoff time.

Better doesn’t mean fatter. If being fatter was important, JSU would win by default.

clawman
September 10th, 2019, 10:58 PM
The weather will have an impact especially later in the game when cramping (EB3) will be an issue. If Talkington comes in 2nd half he is capable of picking a secondary apart. Speedy d-end Chris Ojho went out of the game last week with a sprained knee, hopefully he is ready. The EWU D-line is not real big but VERY athletic. On offense we have been spoiled with outstanding receivers and, with the exception of Dorton, missing that now. O-line is very experienced and deep, leaving no doubt as to protection.
EWU by two scores.

lionsrking2
September 11th, 2019, 01:16 AM
The EWU D-line is not real big but VERY athletic.

If you're athletic up front, and have some depth, you will give JSU's O-line problems. We're very athletic up front and had six sacks, 13 TFL's, three or four batted balls, and a bunch of pressures, several resulting in holding calls; and four or five more that could have been called. If Cooper has time, it'll be a long day for your defense. He can spin it and they have big, reliable receivers who are open, even when they're covered.

Bison56
September 11th, 2019, 07:54 AM
This worries me.

Its good to see JSU play some tough games. I believe the past couple of years, give or take, they steam rolled everyone, and didn't really know what to do when the other team hit back in the playoffs. IMO a lot of JSUs problems have to do with the coaches, I think, and always have thought, Grass was way over his head.

jsualumnus
September 11th, 2019, 11:54 AM
Its good to see JSU play some tough games. I believe the past couple of years, give or take, they steam rolled everyone, and didn't really know what to do when the other team hit back in the playoffs. IMO a lot of JSUs problems have to do with the coaches, I think, and always have thought, Grass was way over his head.
Speaking our language!!!

JSUSoutherner
September 11th, 2019, 01:09 PM
Fun fact: JSU can't kick field goals from beyond the 20 yard line.

Cocky
September 13th, 2019, 03:30 PM
Fun fact: JSU can't kick field goals from beyond the 20 yard line.

Its the humidity, UAT has the same problems

JSUSoutherner
September 13th, 2019, 04:10 PM
Its the humidity, UAT has the same problems

There hasn't been humidity here for like two weeks.

I think UATs problem is their early kickoffs.

CockyGeek
September 13th, 2019, 10:18 PM
I don't think the weather is going to play any kind of factor tomorrow. It'll be SOUTHERN SPEED.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

MR. CHICKEN
September 13th, 2019, 10:32 PM
I don't think the weather is going to play any kind of factor tomorrow. It'll be SOUTHERN SPEED.

.......YER MASCOT....SHOOD BE UH.....SLOTH.......AN' YER LINEMEN ARE PUDGEY...............EXPOSED....LAST YEAR....BAH...."DUH BEARS"..........AWK!

cx500d
September 13th, 2019, 10:50 PM
.......YER MASCOT....SHOOD BE UH.....SLOTH.......AN' YER LINEMEN ARE PUDGEY...............EXPOSED....LAST YEAR....BAH...."DUH BEARS"..........AWK!
#SouthernSloth

jsualumnus
September 14th, 2019, 01:45 AM
So dumb...

jsualumnus
September 14th, 2019, 02:45 PM
Forget about the heat... The game has just been delayed for lightning. A balmy 90 degrees...

JSUSoutherner
September 14th, 2019, 03:01 PM
Kickoff is now 3:35 Central for this one. Barring more lightning.

As long as it doesn't rain I'm happy. These clouds and the breeze are completely awesome.

Bison56
September 14th, 2019, 03:36 PM
EW returns opening kick for a TD!

#southernheatandhumidity

CockyGeek
September 14th, 2019, 03:36 PM
I'm ready to go home. Nobody prepared for this game.

Milktruck74
September 14th, 2019, 03:37 PM
Ok Jax State don’t crap the bed

Milktruck74
Too late.

JSUSoutherner
I hate our special teams.

So

F***ing

Much

Milktruck74
September 14th, 2019, 03:38 PM
Answer?

Milktruck74
September 14th, 2019, 03:40 PM
Y’all killed us on the jumpball. I think y’all gotta find a run game to play with the eagles.

JSUSoutherner
September 14th, 2019, 03:40 PM
Game over.

Congratulations on the win EWU.

Bison56
September 14th, 2019, 03:42 PM
3 and out for JSU

- - - Updated - - -

If EW scores again Grass will go into panic mode.

JSUSoutherner
September 14th, 2019, 03:43 PM
3 and out for JSU

- - - Updated - - -

If EW scores again Grass will go into panic mode.

He's already there.

CockyGeek
September 14th, 2019, 03:48 PM
Here comes the dagger

JSUSoutherner
September 14th, 2019, 03:51 PM
Trash.

Bison56
September 14th, 2019, 03:52 PM
Woof, was hoping for a good entertaining game.

Daytripper
September 14th, 2019, 03:53 PM
Wow.

CockyGeek
September 14th, 2019, 03:56 PM
Live or die by the big plays. We can't sustain a drive worth crap, but can do that.

Daytripper
September 14th, 2019, 03:56 PM
Good answer by JSU.

JSUSoutherner
September 14th, 2019, 03:57 PM
Live or die by the big plays. We can't sustain a drive worth crap, but can do that.

In other words, we can't run the ball.

Bison56
September 14th, 2019, 03:58 PM
In other words, we can't run the ball.

They should try

Milktruck74
Yep.

Schism55
Hester
is
a
Problem

JSUSoutherner
September 14th, 2019, 03:59 PM
Hester
is
a
Problem

All of them are problems.

Hester is our 3rd best target.

JSUSoutherner
September 14th, 2019, 04:01 PM
There it is.

Barriere is going to be a problem.

JSUSoutherner
September 14th, 2019, 04:03 PM
Lol aside from Marlon Bridges, our DBs are trash.

Milktruck74
September 14th, 2019, 04:05 PM
Lol aside from Marlon Bridges, our DBs are trash.

Basically it appears the guys in the white are going to be the problem.

Bison56
First to 100 wins.

Milktruck74
Jax State can play, but they gotta get the QB confused.

Bison56
September 14th, 2019, 04:06 PM
Nice catch

Milktruck74
September 14th, 2019, 04:07 PM
Gotta answer and slow it down.

Bison56
September 14th, 2019, 04:09 PM
These guys calling the game are awesome,"if he doesnt make that tackle he would have got more yards"

- - - Updated - - -

Its pouring on JSU right now.

veinup
September 14th, 2019, 04:09 PM
oh boy.. fumblerooskie

JSUSoutherner
September 14th, 2019, 04:10 PM
Why do we even play special teams?

We could put 11 folding chairs on the field for kickoffs and be better off than what we are now.

CockyGeek
September 14th, 2019, 04:11 PM
Beginning of the end for Grass. Blowouts by every team not named Chattanooga.

Bison56
September 14th, 2019, 04:13 PM
Too easy for EW, JSU D looks completely unprepared.

ddmann
September 14th, 2019, 04:16 PM
Never thought this game would get out of hand much less before the end of the first quarter.

Bison56
September 14th, 2019, 04:17 PM
Wow

JSUSoutherner
September 14th, 2019, 04:18 PM
We are getting Sam Houston'd

FargoBison
September 14th, 2019, 04:19 PM
https://media0.giphy.com/media/rcEdGNwV67gWI/giphy.gif

CockyGeek
September 14th, 2019, 04:21 PM
WTF

Milktruck74
September 14th, 2019, 04:23 PM
Day-yum. I thought my Mocs looked pretty good against JSU and we would be OK in the SoCon....but I didn’t realize how crappy JSU is.

Bison56
September 14th, 2019, 04:24 PM
JSU D puts 7 on the board with a pick 6.

JSUSoutherner
September 14th, 2019, 04:26 PM
I can't wait to watch Bridges on Sundays when he gets to play for a real team.

Bison56
September 14th, 2019, 04:29 PM
All day to throw, have to make a decision.

JSUSoutherner
September 14th, 2019, 04:33 PM
Need to cash in here to stay in it.

ElCid
September 14th, 2019, 04:35 PM
Look who woke up!

CockyGeek
September 14th, 2019, 04:36 PM
Day-yum. I thought my Mocs looked pretty good against JSU and we would be OK in the SoCon....but I didn’t realize how crappy JSU is.

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkIf we're crappy then what are y'all?

Bison56
Really

Milktruck74
If we're crappy then what are y'all?

Extra crappy.

JSUSoutherner
September 14th, 2019, 04:38 PM
NAME: Josh Pearson

Bison56
September 14th, 2019, 04:39 PM
I remember when I scored my first touchdown.

JSUSoutherner
September 14th, 2019, 04:39 PM
I remember when I scored my first touchdown.

What did you play?

ElCid
September 14th, 2019, 04:42 PM
What was the over/under on this game...140?

Bison56
September 14th, 2019, 04:45 PM
What did you play?

FB, but I was just making a funny about all the dancing.

Milktruck74
September 14th, 2019, 04:46 PM
JSU has to hold to a FG.

Bison56
September 14th, 2019, 04:48 PM
JSU has to hold to a FG.

Opps

- - - Updated - - -

I am impressed that JSU fought back into this game, I was expecting the worst when they got that far behind early.

JSUSoutherner
September 14th, 2019, 04:51 PM
Opps

- - - Updated - - -

I am impressed that JSU fought back into this game, I was expecting the worst when they got that far behind early.

Yeah. Same. Currently the difference in score can be attributed to special teams mistakes.

JSUSoutherner
September 14th, 2019, 05:03 PM
Grass is a p***y

Milktruck74
September 14th, 2019, 06:48 PM
We it has become better than we thought initially. But JSU has some Chattanooga-esque clock management going on. I realize you have 7 mins, but have a little urgency. You gotta score twice.

CockyGeek
September 14th, 2019, 06:52 PM
The idiot running the clock is an idiot.

Professor Chaos
September 14th, 2019, 06:56 PM
3 point lead with 5 minutes left and EWU snaps it with 20 on the play clock.

Whaaaaa?????

ElCid
September 14th, 2019, 07:06 PM
3 point lead with 5 minutes left and EWU snaps it with 20 on the play clock.

Whaaaaa?????

They may need the time.xlolx

Bison56
September 14th, 2019, 07:10 PM
May have left too much time on the clock.

ElCid
September 14th, 2019, 07:11 PM
This is rather remarkable.

Schism55
September 14th, 2019, 07:14 PM
This is a freaking crazy game!

kdinva
INT for the gamecocks!

veinup
wow fam

Bison56
September 14th, 2019, 07:15 PM
I cant believe EW blew a big lead.xcoffeex

JSUSoutherner
September 14th, 2019, 07:16 PM
THAT'S WHAT A 21 POINT COMEBACK LOOKS LIKE BOYS!

LETS
F***ING
GO

ElCid
September 14th, 2019, 07:17 PM
Unbelievable come back after being in the hole early. Congrats JSU.

wapiti
September 14th, 2019, 07:18 PM
Is EWU way overrated???

jsualumnus
September 14th, 2019, 07:18 PM
Holy hell at this environment here!!!! Hard fought game by both teams... Wow!!!!

Schism55
September 14th, 2019, 07:19 PM
What a wild game.
Huge win for JSU, take a lap Cocky fans, you've earned it xdrunkyx

Bison56
September 14th, 2019, 07:20 PM
Is EWU way overrated???

Looked like it last week, and then blows a 21 point lead to JSU doesnt look good.

- - - Updated - - -

Way to fight back JSU, you guys earned that win.

CockyGeek
September 14th, 2019, 07:50 PM
Most fun I've had in 5 years here. Student section bolted in 1st quarter. I almost did but glad I stayed.

Ivytalk
September 14th, 2019, 07:52 PM
Congrats, Gamecocks! Great comeback!

93henfan
September 14th, 2019, 07:55 PM
Poor EWU. I am sad.

Psyche!

Bisonator
September 14th, 2019, 08:50 PM
Is EWU way overrated???
Their offense is top 10 caliber their defense is complete garbage. I'm noticing alot of teams are like that this year.

penguinpower
September 14th, 2019, 09:35 PM
Their offense is top 10 caliber their defense is complete garbage. I'm noticing alot of teams are like that this year.

Their defensive scheme is bad and it is how YSU beat them at their place in the playoff a few years ago. I thought they had more talent at the time.

JSUSoutherner
September 14th, 2019, 10:16 PM
Outside of the first quarter JSU outscored EWU 42-17.

14 of EWU's first quarter points were directly tied to special teams blunders on JSU's part.

Professor Chaos
September 14th, 2019, 10:38 PM
Their offense really **** the bed in the 4th quarter though... put their defense in some tough spots. You gotta give JSU's defense some credit for that though. They had Barriere flustered and finally locked in on Custer in the run game.

Outside of the first quarter JSU outscored EWU 42-17.

14 of EWU's first quarter points were directly tied to special teams blunders on JSU's part.
The blunders worked both ways in this one. Starting with the pick 6 and then the blocked punt which gave JSU a 12 yard field after Barriere's boneheaded decision to turn his back to the rush at his own goal line backed them up.

JSUSoutherner
September 14th, 2019, 11:02 PM
Their offense really **** the bed in the 4th quarter though... put their defense in some tough spots. You gotta give JSU's defense some credit for that though. They had Barriere flustered and finally locked in on Custer in the run game.

The blunders worked both ways in this one. Starting with the pick 6 and then the blocked punt which gave JSU a 12 yard field after Barriere's boneheaded decision to turn his back to the rush at his own goal line backed them up.

The defense in the 4th quarter was lights out. That was as good a defense performance as I've seen since the 2017 team.

I'm excited to see how far this team progresses as the season goes on.

We lost to SLU by 3 TDs two weeks ago and beat a top 10 team tonight.

What a turn around.

Professor Chaos
September 14th, 2019, 11:54 PM
The defense in the 4th quarter was lights out. That was as good a defense performance as I've seen since the 2017 team.

I'm excited to see how far this team progresses as the season goes on.

We lost to SLU by 3 TDs two weeks ago and beat a top 10 team tonight.

What a turn around.
If only they could figure out how to do that for a whole game. ;)

JSUSoutherner
September 15th, 2019, 12:11 AM
If only they could figure out how to do that for a whole game. ;)

No kidding.

If we can get some defensive consistency and get the running game going we could be a pretty good team.

CockyGeek
September 15th, 2019, 05:45 AM
This team can't run the ball. That's how we got to the championship many moons ago, but that philosophy has been abandoned. We can probably run against OVC opponents at will, but not against actual defenses.

POD Knows
September 15th, 2019, 06:20 AM
This team can't run the ball. That's how we got to the championship many moons ago, but that philosophy has been abandoned. We can probably run against OVC opponents at will, but not against actual defenses.

Sent from my SM-G960U using TapatalkEWU has an actual defense, don't think so.

CockyGeek
September 15th, 2019, 06:30 AM
Well we beat EWU on deep balls. There was no running game at all.

Cocky
September 15th, 2019, 07:27 AM
Wasnt overly impressed with either team. The great OL of EWU wasnt what it was billed up to be. JSUs DL isnt real good but did look decent Saturday.

Our OL looked avg. but handled EWUs DL well enough to allow Cooper some time.

EWUs RB is a helluva player and the QB is extremely accurate.

Our WRs cant catch balls which hit them in the hands. Running game?
Cooper had a great game and was probably the difference in the game. Very patience and made some great decisions. Play calling in the 2nd half was the best in awhile

92 for JSU should be playing more.

Weather ended up not a factor. Mid 80s and humidity was less than the EWU campus, a breeze to end make it feel cooler . Unless the weather delay was a factor.

Mocs123
September 15th, 2019, 07:36 AM
Congratulations on JSU on the huge win.

jsualumnus
September 15th, 2019, 09:31 AM
Congratulations on JSU on the huge win.
Thanks, Mocs! Pulled for you guys yesterday!

chattownmocs
September 15th, 2019, 09:36 AM
Damn, crazy game. I thought if JSU had any chance they'd have to be the ones to jump out big. I guess they are back.

CenMEBlackBearFan
September 15th, 2019, 09:40 AM
No kidding.

If we can get some defensive consistency and get the running game going we could be a pretty good team.

Nice comeback and bounce back game guys!!!
Looks like EWU and Maine are not what we thought they were. We need a bounce back and a running game would be helpful as well.

jsualumnus
September 15th, 2019, 09:40 AM
Damn, crazy game. I thought if JSU had any chance they'd have to be the ones to jump out big. I guess they are back.
Is that really you, Chattown????

Bison56
September 15th, 2019, 10:01 AM
Is that really you, Chattown????

I had to read that twice, and I still cant believe it.

MSUBobcat
September 15th, 2019, 10:54 AM
Nice comeback and bounce back game guys!!!
Looks like EWU and Maine are not what we thought they were. We need a bounce back and a running game would be helpful as well.

EWU is what 17.39% of us thought they were...xcoffeex

SU DOG
September 15th, 2019, 01:12 PM
Congrats JSU on an unbelievable comeback win. You can't count out a FCS team that has more of a very good G5 player talent level, and JSU definitely seems to stockpile that every year. I'm a Samford fan, who would love to see our support be maybe one-third that of the Gamecocks. Having said that, however, I have a question for the JSUers. IMO, the attendance listed as almost 21,000 for the game yesterday is a joke. No - folks in suites, boxes, standing areas, or whatever, wouldn't come close to that figure, in counting actual attendance. Even season ticket sales when added wouldn't add up to that number discrepancy. Now it was a good crowd, but I'm just curious to know what I'm missing here? The video cameras don't lie.

JSUSoutherner
September 15th, 2019, 01:12 PM
Congrats JSU on an unbelievable comeback win. You can't count out a FCS team that has more of a very good G5 player talent level, and JSU definitely seems to stockpile that every year. I'm a Samford fan, who would love to see our support be maybe one-third that of the Gamecocks. Having said that, however, I have a question for the JSUers. IMO, the attendance listed as almost 21,000 for the game yesterday is a joke. No - folks in suites, boxes, standing areas, or whatever, wouldn't come close to that figure, in counting actual attendance. Even season ticket sales when added wouldn't add up to that number discrepancy. Now it was a good crowd, but I'm just curious to know what I'm missing here? The video cameras don't lie.

A lot of people left early.

SU DOG
September 15th, 2019, 01:16 PM
OK, and you think there were over 20,000 there initially? Also, you know the crowd NEVER thins until the Southerners play at halftime. LOL

Cocky
September 15th, 2019, 01:18 PM
Crowd counters are not very accurate anywhere, including JSU.

- - - Updated - - -

Unless there is a sellout. Forgot about NDSU

JSUSoutherner
September 15th, 2019, 01:24 PM
OK, and you think there were over 20,000 there initially? Also, you know the crowd NEVER thins until the Southerners play at halftime. LOL

At the beginning, probably pretty close. It was a good crowd then we went down 28-7 and the sun came out and it got hot. A lot of people (student section) bailed then.

The reason the back sideline was empty is because most of the people sitting over there were from band day. They went down early in the second quarter to warm up and after half time everyone crowded in on the home side. There was probably 13k left at the end of the game.

JaxSinfonian
September 15th, 2019, 03:19 PM

With 30-45 minutes to go before kickoff there was a 30-minute lightning delay, and the announcer asked fans to clear the stands. Most of the die-hards took a look at the sky and/or the weather radar on their smartphones, knew the weather was already on its way out and stayed put. Some of the more casual fans who’d already had their tickets scanned, though, probably decided to ditch the game and find something else to do for the evening.

Roamingriz
September 15th, 2019, 09:26 PM
I think edub is going to be dandgerous to anyone they'll probably put up points on anyone really, great response by jax though most entertaining game I've watched this season so far. Looked like a playoff game

jsualumnus
September 15th, 2019, 09:44 PM
I had to read that twice, and I still cant believe it.
I gotta buy him a beer!!! Or two or three...

jsualumnus
September 15th, 2019, 09:46 PM
I think edub is going to be dandgerous to anyone they'll probably put up points on anyone really, great response by jax though most entertaining game I've watched this season so far. Looked like a playoff game
I would agree... Felt like a playoff game. Except............ JSU won?????????

JSUSoutherner
September 15th, 2019, 09:53 PM

Weird, isn't it?

Roamingriz
September 15th, 2019, 10:32 PM
True that, and I don't mind anyone taking edub down a peg or two....

ElCid
September 16th, 2019, 06:20 AM

Now that is just funny.xthumbsupx