PDA

View Full Version : NORTH DAKOTA STATE vs DELAWARE

Pages : [1] 2 3

MR. CHICKEN
September 8th, 2019, 09:14 AM
..........WELL BIZONSSSS........LET US HAVE IT..........:(....BRAWK!

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 8th, 2019, 09:34 AM
Good luck to Delaware trying to stop Trey Lance.

I'll go with the better defense and NDSU's is much better.

superman7515
September 8th, 2019, 09:36 AM
North Dakota State at Delaware will be the first time in FCS history that two non-Ivy League teams with 700 victories will face off, and consequently, will be the first ever non-conference matchup between 700 win teams at the FCS level.

The only other teams are Yale, Harvard, Penn, Princeton, and Dartmouth.

BisonBacker
September 8th, 2019, 09:36 AM
..........WELL BIZONSSSS........LET US HAVE IT..........:(....BRAWK!
Oh your gonna get it. This will be your fans after the game lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B12eVCBbGsw

caribbeanhen
September 8th, 2019, 09:48 AM

why is Trey Lance not at Alabama?

caribbeanhen
September 8th, 2019, 09:49 AM

Did Alabama recruit Trey Lance?

TheKingpin28
September 8th, 2019, 09:55 AM
Trey Lance is going to have his way this coming Saturday. The thing is, he has 4 years of eligibility at NDSU still. Delaware will keep this game respectable and it will give Entz something to ponder.

35-17 NDSU. It will be a tough game in the 1st half, but the Hydra known as the NDSU Backfield will wear down the defense in the 2nd half and Lance will keep the defense honest enough to play Power A gap football.

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 8th, 2019, 10:01 AM
Did Alabama recruit Trey Lance?

I seriously doubt Alabama has ever come this far north looking for recruits with how rich talent wise SEC is.

He turned down a couple of FBS offers.

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 8th, 2019, 10:03 AM
Trey Lance is going to have his way this coming Saturday. The thing is, he has 4 years of eligibility at NDSU still. Delaware will keep this game respectable and it will give Entz something to ponder.

35-17 NDSU. It will be a tough game in the 1st half, but the Hydra known as the NDSU Backfield will wear down the defense in the 2nd half and Lance will keep the defense honest enough to play Power A gap football.

NDSU played base Tampa 2 most of the game and still steam rolled UND. I'm sure some blitz packages are still to come.

True FR RB Kobe Johnson just earned his redshirt lifted. He is the real deal.

UpstateBison
September 8th, 2019, 10:11 AM
North Dakota State at Delaware will be the first time in FCS history that two non-Ivy League teams with 700 victories will face off, and consequently, will be the first ever non-conference matchup between 700 win teams at the FCS level.

Please stop by our NDSU tailgate before the game. I am sure many of the AGS Bison fans would like to say hello and thank you for your work on making AGS great. Also, we encourage any other AGS and Delaware fans to stop by as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TheKingpin28
September 8th, 2019, 10:19 AM
NDSU played base Tampa 2 most of the game and still steam rolled UND. I'm sure some blitz packages are still to come.

True FR RB Kobe Johnson just earned his redshirt lifted. He is the real deal.

It's nice when you can roll out the Hydra and not one back loses a step from the next. Clark and Johnson are going to be a beast of a unit for NDSU.

Gil Dobie
September 8th, 2019, 10:22 AM
I thought we were playing in Newark, New Jersey. Too many small eastern states to keep track of. ;)

MR. CHICKEN
September 8th, 2019, 10:32 AM
Oh your gonna get it. This will be your fans after the game lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B12eVCBbGsw

......BE PREPARED....FO' UH SMATTERIN'....UH BOOS...........NEW-ARK......IS HOME TA SOME.....PHILLY INBREDS.........HOPE DUH BIZON IN YELLAH SUIT.......MISSES DUH PLANE.......SANTA CLAUS.......DOESN'T COME HERE.....ANY MORE...xsmhx......AWK!

MR. CHICKEN
September 8th, 2019, 10:34 AM
I thought we were playing in Newark, New Jersey. Too many small eastern states to keep track of. ;)

....DAT WOOD BE......NEW-IRK.........AWQ!

ming01
September 8th, 2019, 10:34 AM
There is a TGI Fridays across from the stadium. Will be right up our alley. xlolx

cx500d
September 8th, 2019, 11:08 AM
I will finally experience the piss wall

Ivytalk
September 8th, 2019, 11:33 AM
Please stop by our NDSU tailgate before the game. I am sure many of the AGS Bison fans would like to say hello and thank you for your work on making AGS great. Also, we encourage any other AGS and Delaware fans to stop by as well.

Where is your tailgate? 93henfan and I are coming up from downstate for the game.

Gangtackle11
September 8th, 2019, 12:01 PM

Count your lucky Bison horns you aren’t playing in Newark, NJ. xpeacex

dewey
September 8th, 2019, 12:03 PM
Where is the poll Mr. Chicken?

Come one. You are going to get the big bear fired up.

Go Bison!

Dewey

caribbeanhen
September 8th, 2019, 12:17 PM
Much different team than last year

New offense coordinator, more creative

A lot of young players on defense

Delaware fans are hoping for a respectable game but most have an omnious feeling of whats coming

HensRock
September 8th, 2019, 12:19 PM
I will finally experience the piss wall

YEAH you Will !
Please Christen our wall - a model of efficiency

AmsterBison
September 8th, 2019, 12:24 PM

That's very cool.

MR. CHICKEN
September 8th, 2019, 01:04 PM
Where is the poll Mr. Chicken?.........xembarrassedx..........AWK!

Come one. You are going to get the big bear fired up.

Go Bison!

Dewey

........UH.....ERR......EH........UMM.........TOO LATE......AFTERAH DUH FACT.........URSUS.... SAYS YA NEED TA MERGE THREADS....OWN-LAH WAY.........AN' AH'M CLUELESS ANY-WHO...xembarrassedx......AWK!

dewey
September 8th, 2019, 01:10 PM
Much different team than last year

New offense coordinator, more creative

A lot of young players on defense

Delaware fans are hoping for a respectable game but most have an omnious feeling of whats coming

What offensive system are the Blue Hens running now?

Do they still have the out route to Bison stud OLB for a pick 6 in the playbook:D

Dewey

Ivytalk
September 8th, 2019, 01:44 PM
My question for the NDSU fans is: are any of you related to Lawrence Welk?xsmiley_wix

knit35
September 8th, 2019, 01:56 PM
This won’t be close. URI and Delaware was a great game last night but they aren’t in the same league as NDSU. I would expect a similar game to last week against GFCC.

Enjoy the piss wall and some good establishments in New ark.

MR. CHICKEN
September 8th, 2019, 02:03 PM
........DEWEY.......PLEASE-UH TURN OFFAH.....DUH BUBBLE MACHINE.............AWK!

CockyGeek
September 8th, 2019, 02:10 PM
NDSU by 100. Delaware still isn't back.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

AmsterBison
September 8th, 2019, 02:33 PM
My question for the NDSU fans is: are any of you related to Lawrence Welk?xsmiley_wix

Ha! I just heard an old (obviously) Lenny Bruce stand-up routine, the premise was Lawrence Welk from Strasburg, ND needs a new guy on trumpet and one of his interviewees is Miles Davis.

Bisonoline
September 8th, 2019, 02:39 PM
Ha! I just heard an old (obviously) Lenny Bruce stand-up routine, the premise was Lawrence Welk from Strasburg, ND needs a new guy on trumpet and one of his interviewees is Miles Davis.

Now thats funny!!!!

caribbeanhen
September 8th, 2019, 03:27 PM
........DEWEY.......PLEASE-UH TURN OFFAH.....DUH BUBBLE MACHINE.............AWK!

this here

Dewey Beach always provides a good time

Bisonoline
September 8th, 2019, 03:48 PM
This won’t be close. URI and Delaware was a great game last night but they aren’t in the same league as NDSU. I would expect a similar game to last week against GFCC.

Enjoy the piss wall and some good establishments in New ark.

Need eating places. Pizza, Italian sub shops-hot and cold, Any top end steak or seafood places? Greek food? Or any local places of note? Also any places in Baltimore and Philly would be good also.

We are going to fly in to Philly on Wed and head to Baltimore for two days and catch a Orioles game. Then two days in Newark then back to philly on Sunday flying out on Monday.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Bump

cx500d
September 8th, 2019, 04:29 PM
YEAH you Will !
Please Christen our wall - a model of efficiency

I’m going to write out, in cursive pee stream, “North Dakota State University”

Henny
September 8th, 2019, 04:39 PM
Enjoy your trip in NoDak St. and enjoy Newark. One of the nicest college towns in the country. Don't anticipate a love fest... UD is on the way back ,,,,

UpstateBison
September 8th, 2019, 04:42 PM

Congrats. I will stick to NDSU. My age is catching up with me.

Thundar
September 8th, 2019, 04:55 PM
42-14 BISON

caribbeanhen
September 8th, 2019, 04:57 PM
Need eating places. Pizza, Italian sub shops-hot and cold, Any top end steak or seafood places? Or any local places of note?

We are going to fly in to Philly on Wed and head to Baltimore for two days and catch a Orioles game. Then two days in Newark then back to philly on Sunday flying out on Monday.

It will be hard to get out of Delaware with trying some Grotto Pizza, it used to be legendary but now it's just called that...haha

MR. CHICKEN
September 8th, 2019, 05:06 PM

.......YOU'LL NEED.....AT LEAST UH SIX-PACK...........BRAWK!

Ivytalk
September 8th, 2019, 05:31 PM
Need eating places. Pizza, Italian sub shops-hot and cold, Any top end steak or seafood places? Greek food? Or any local places of note? Also any places in Baltimore and Philly would be good also.

Bump
You may want to try Sambo’s Tavern in tiny Leipsic for crabs and beer. It’s an hour or so from Newark, but worth the trip. If you venture up to Wilmington, the Riverfront district has a Big Fish Grill, Iron Hill Brewery for American cuisine and local brews, and Harry’s Seafood Grill for upscale seafood. Newark has an Iron Hill Brewery also. Firebirds Wood Fired Grill near Newark has good steaks.

Bisonoline
September 8th, 2019, 05:43 PM
You may want to try Sambo’s Tavern in tiny Leipsic for crabs and beer. It’s an hour or so from Newark, but worth the trip. If you venture up to Wilmington, the Riverfront district has a Big Fish Grill, Iron Hill Brewery for American cuisine and local brews, and Harry’s Seafood Grill for upscale seafood. Newark has an Iron Hill Brewery also. Firebirds Wood Fired Grill near Newark has good steaks.

Thank you!

caribbeanhen
September 8th, 2019, 06:25 PM
doing a little Bison scouting on yesterday's game..... so far I've learned the cameraman, bless his heart, knows where to put the lens during those lulls in the action..... hotties everywhere ...I might keep watching....haha

knit35
September 8th, 2019, 07:04 PM

Bump

Id recommend:
Two Stones Pub
Horace Shellhammers
Iron Hill Brewery
Stone Ballons Brewery

RootinFerDukes
September 8th, 2019, 07:26 PM
Sorry if this has already been stated in this thread but I wanted to share this for our more google illiterate Bison and Blue Hen fans.

This game will air on NBC Sports Washington+ and stream on Flo Sports. There’s a roku and Apple TV app for flo if you watch it that way, in addition to going to flofootball.com.

Follow this link to a cheaper subscription rate special for the CAA this year. It’s $12.50/month and you can cancel after the game. All archived caa games on Flo are also available if you’re interested.

https://www.flosports.tv/caa/

DO NOT pay the full $20/month they advertise on their regular site. FYI the $8/month rate is if you subscribe to a full year at once.

RootinFerDukes
September 8th, 2019, 07:30 PM
Also, despite horror stories to the contrary, Flo Sports has been working perfectly fine with zero technical issues that I’ve encountered.

IBleedYellow
September 8th, 2019, 07:31 PM
Sorry if this has already been stated in this thread but I wanted to share this for our more google illiterate Bison and Blue Hen fans.

This game will air on NBC Sports Washington+ and stream on Flo Sports. There’s a roku and Apple TV app for flo if you watch it that way, in addition to going to flofootball.com.

Follow this link to a cheaper subscription rate special for the CAA this year. It’s $12.50/month and you can cancel after the game. All archived caa games on Flo are also available if you’re interested.

https://www.flosports.tv/caa/

DO NOT pay the full $20/month they advertise on their regular site. FYI the $8/month rate is if you subscribe to a full year at once.This also WILL be rebroadcast statewide on NBC in North Dakota stations. Over the air.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Gangtackle11
September 8th, 2019, 08:17 PM
Dear Mr. Bison,

Please don’t run over the dirty filthy birds like u did last season! 35-0 before the Delaware fans got to their handicap seats. Please note that right behind your team’s bench are a bunch of salty old birds that are wearing the same underwear since the Tubby era. They don’t like to see their beloved great football program trounced & more than likely will become a ugly crowd to your players if u guys roll them again.

That said Delaware does support their football. Not much to do in the postage stamp sized state. The fanatics like some here will tell u they are on their way back to glory. Ask them when the last time they won a game on the 3rd Saturday in November? The basketball school that treats football like a leper colony owns them. It ticks off the bingo playing crowd that would like to tell u Delaware is coming back.

Tbh. I hope they represent the CAA against the Bison. I really doubt it though. I think a Bison stampede is very likely.
I know you don’t need any help, but if u do we have 7 straight & 12/13 winning game videos to share.

Enjoy your stay in Delaware. Hold your nose. The dirty filthy birds smell pretty bad most fall Saturdays!xnodx xpeacex

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 8th, 2019, 08:21 PM
I've been to the Fargo Dome and The Tub for games. Both are awesome venues for FCS football. I wish UD was on top of their game because the Bison fans would be in for a treat. I'm not sure The Tub will have its full mojo unless UD can prove they can hang. I think UD stadium is honestly more intimidating than Washington-Griz with the way the seats go straight up. Can be crazy loud....

caribbeanhen
September 8th, 2019, 08:33 PM
Dear Mr. Bison,

Please don’t run over the dirty filthy birds like u did last season! 35-0 before the Delaware fans got to their handicap seats. Please note that right behind your team’s bench are a bunch of salty old birds that are wearing the same underwear since the Tubby era. They don’t like to see their beloved great football program trounced & more than likely will become a ugly crowd to your players if u guys roll them again.

That said Delaware does support their football. Not much to do in the postage stamp sized state. The fanatics like some here will tell u they are on their way back to glory. Ask them when the last time they won a game on the 3rd Saturday in November? The basketball school that treats football like a leper colony owns them. It ticks off the bingo playing crowd that would like to tell u Delaware is coming back.

Tbh. I hope they represent the CAA against the Bison. I really doubt it though. I think a Bison stampede is very likely.
I know you don’t need any help, but if u do we have 7 straight & 12/13 winning game videos to share.

Enjoy your stay in Delaware. Hold your nose. The dirty filthy birds smell pretty bad most fall Saturdays!xnodx xpeacex

enjoy your high profile game against the other Bison Gangsta, Delaware will host the real ones....

Gangtackle11
September 8th, 2019, 08:42 PM
enjoy your high profile game against the other Bison Gangsta, Delaware will host the real ones....

Im just praying you have enough healthy players left for the big Penn game in a few weeks. xlolx xpeacex

ming01
September 8th, 2019, 09:09 PM
Dear Mr. Bison,

I doubt it will be worse than the Youngstown fans in 2013 haha

Derby City Duke
September 8th, 2019, 09:29 PM
Enjoy your trip in NoDak St. and enjoy Newark. One of the nicest college towns in the country. Don't anticipate a love fest... UD is on the way back ,,,,

GPS will be 'recalculating' a new route back for UD on Saturday.

Bison roll -- 42-10 and won't be as close as the scored indicates.

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 9th, 2019, 06:28 AM
42-14 BISON

I'm thinking right around this also.

It will be interesting to see if UD will run blitz on obvious running downs. UND crashed hard into the gaps to try and stop the run. I would like to see more of Clark/Cofield between the tackles.

Daytripper
September 9th, 2019, 06:36 AM
Rocco dials up some motivation for his team in this one, but comes up just short. Bison 35 Hens 31.

MR. CHICKEN
September 9th, 2019, 06:55 AM
.....TREY WHO....xconfusedx..........xdontknowx...BRAWK!

CHIP72
September 9th, 2019, 08:44 AM
For any NDSU fans heading to Newark a couple days early or sticking around for an extra day or two, both the Phillies (roughly 35-40 miles NE of Newark) and Orioles (roughly 45 miles WSW of Newark) will both be playing at home on Thursday 9/12 (Phillies vs Braves, Orioles vs Dodgers; both games start at 7:05 PM), and the Phillies are at home on both Saturday (7:05 PM start - good two sport doubleheader opportunity) and Sunday (1:05 PM start) against the Red Sox.

Additionally, the Wilmington Blue Rocks (Class A Advanced Carolina League, Kansas City Royals affiliate) will be playing in the Carolina League championship series this week, but unfortunately they host the first two games (Tuesday 9/10 and Wednesday 9/11) rather than Games 3-5 over the weekend.

One final thought - if anyone is flying into/out of BWI to get to Newark, make sure you stop somewhere in the Baltimore area and get some authentic crabcakes. I don't even like most seafood, but good crabcakes are mmm mmm good. Also, I'm sure there are good Philly cheesesteak places in or near Newark (and for that matter Wilmington), though I don't know specific locations in northern Delaware/northeastern Maryland.

JSUSoutherner
September 9th, 2019, 08:50 AM
NDSU by at least 3 TDs

bluehenbillk
September 9th, 2019, 01:38 PM
If you're flying outta Philly and want cheesesteaks - get them in Philly versus Delaware....

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 9th, 2019, 03:13 PM
Rocco dials up some motivation for his team in this one, but comes up just short. Bison 35 Hens 31.

He did that last year and it didn't turn out to well.

Bison OL dominates.

GannonFan
September 9th, 2019, 04:08 PM
Im just praying you have enough healthy players left for the big Penn game in a few weeks. xlolx xpeacex

No worries, as nova has shown for multiple years with Penn on the schedule, that's a cupcake game every year. Hopefully the starters get at least a half in for that game.

Gangtackle11
September 9th, 2019, 04:27 PM
No worries, as nova has shown for multiple years with Penn on the schedule, that's a cupcake game every year. Hopefully the starters get at least a half in for that game.

They beat us the week after you guys hit Robertson out of bounds & ended his career. May not be the cupcake u think.xpeacex

GannonFan
September 9th, 2019, 04:36 PM
They beat us the week after you guys hit Robertson out of bounds & ended his career. May not be the cupcake u think.xpeacex

No worries, we have a backup QB on the roster who can actually play. Any team is hard if you don't have a deep enough roster (and nova had no excuse with Robertson, he was one hangnail away from being no longer able to play - great player but unbelievably fragile and injury prone in his career).

Gangtackle11
September 9th, 2019, 04:59 PM
No worries, we have a backup QB on the roster who can actually play. Any team is hard if you don't have a deep enough roster (and nova had no excuse with Robertson, he was one hangnail away from being no longer able to play - great player but unbelievably fragile and injury prone in his career).

Im sure u would like to forget the game, our backup rallied Nova past Delaware that season. Ironic based on your comment. Don’t u think? His name was Zach Bednarczyk. You might want to try beating us before u talk smack. It’s been awhile. Good luck vs. NDSU. xpeacex

caribbeanhen
September 9th, 2019, 05:07 PM
Bison OL dominates.

From what we saw last year and so far this year from Delaware, nodody will argue with that statement

but a few items of note

It will be good to see North Dak State on the road for once...hopefully it's nice and hot, Delaware fans have been known to be loud and they need to greet your boys with some serious noise.... it cant hurt

the deer in the headlights look should not be there at all this time, play with confidence and play loose.... In fact, it's the Bison that everything to lose in this one

this trip to the east coast is a little field trip for the Bison before they get back to class next week at home against UC Davis, and seeing how you whipped us last year, some of your players are probably thinking this game will not be competitive again, more to the same.... keep thinking that way

Not predicting any upsets but if Delaware does not earn some respect this Saturday I will disappointed, we need to let the FCS world know we can compete with the mighty Bison

Gangtackle11
September 9th, 2019, 08:03 PM
From what we saw last year and so far this year from Delaware, nodody will argue with that statement

but a few items of note

It will be good to see North Dak State on the road for once...hopefully it's nice and hot, Delaware fans have been known to be loud and they need to greet your boys with some serious noise.... it cant hurt

the deer in the headlights look should not be there at all this time, play with confidence and play loose.... In fact, it's the Bison that everything to lose in this one

this trip to the east coast is a little field trip for the Bison before they get back to class next week at home against UC Davis, and seeing how you whipped us last year, some of your players are probably thinking this game will not be competitive again, more to the same.... keep thinking that way

Not predicting any upsets but if Delaware does not earn some respect this Saturday I will disappointed, we need to let the FCS world know we can compete with the mighty Bison

I guess NDSU could play a lousy game & keep you in it longer. I’d like to see the dirty filthy birds stand up to Goliath & give them a scare, but I watch Delaware a lot. I don’t see it. They struggled for a half with something called Delaware State. They were down 13-0 at half to an improved Rhode Island team, but not a FCS playoff team more than likely. It took 3 OTs to shake the Rams.

So with that resume as short as it is I’m supposed to believe Delaware is going to give the best FCS team in the country for the past decade a game? That’s laughable. This with a very young defense. Last year with the 2 Kardashians (Reeder boys for u MVFC guys) & the 1st FCS player drafted in Adderley they were curb stomped in Fargo.

Even if u thought Delaware is better (they arent if u ask me) it’s a long putt to think they will stay close. Only chance is NDSU starters are on a plane that doesn’t get here in time. Maybe 5 turnovers would make it a game. This game will be over by half unless someone poisons the team’s meal the night before.

Would love to say a decent Delaware team will hang, but there is a lot of corn stalks being smoked by Delaware fans here who think that is going to happen. It ain’t happening. Kudos for scheduling the game. The world’s largest Bingo palace should be rocking until The Bison drive down the field in a few plays. xpeacex

Bisonoline
September 9th, 2019, 08:37 PM

Bump

Bump

caribbeanhen
September 9th, 2019, 09:15 PM
I guess NDSU could play a lousy game & keep you in it longer. I’d like to see the dirty filthy birds stand up to Goliath & give them a scare, but I watch Delaware a lot. I don’t see it. They struggled for a half with something called Delaware State. They were down 13-0 at half to an improved Rhode Island team, but not a FCS playoff team more than likely. It took 3 OTs to shake the Rams.

So with that resume as short as it is I’m supposed to believe Delaware is going to give the best FCS team in the country for the past decade a game? That’s laughable. This with a very young defense. Last year with the 2 Kardashians (Reeder boys for u MVFC guys) & the 1st FCS player drafted in Adderley they were curb stomped in Fargo.

Even if u thought Delaware is better (they arent if u ask me) it’s a long putt to think they will stay close. Only chance is NDSU starters are on a plane that doesn’t get here in time. Maybe 5 turnovers would make it a game. This game will be over by half unless someone poisons the team’s meal the night before.

Would love to say a decent Delaware team will hang, but there is a lot of corn stalks being smoked by Delaware fans here who think that is going to happen. It ain’t happening. Kudos for scheduling the game. The world’s largest Bingo palace should be rocking until The Bison drive down the field in a few plays. xpeacex

enjoy your epic game with those other pesky Bison of Bucknell GT, on the road no less....haha

You could always start a thread for that game but I guess the grim reality of talking to yourself until Saturday is just that..... grim

and I think the Hens just might be better than they were last year, if Delaware was down 13-0 at half last year we probably lose that game, it's always better to look bad in the first half and make the necessary adjustments to win than vice versa... new offensive coordinator is so much better than last year...

and despite you twisting words like a Philly Pretzel, no Delaware fan has even come close to say we are winning this game, but we do expect the Hens to show up

centennial
September 10th, 2019, 12:54 AM
North Dakota State is one of just 8 schools whose last 2 starting QBs have been taken in the NFL Draft. The others are Oklahoma, NC State, Northwestern, Penn State, USC, Washington State, and WKU.

Saw this on twitter. Wonder if we could be 3 for 3 Trey Lance taken in 3 years with 3 National Championships. For the record Brock Jensen was also on some team's boards for a late round pick(and was a pfa), and even Steve Walker got a try out if I remember correctly.

Gangtackle11
September 10th, 2019, 05:56 AM
enjoy your epic game with those other pesky Bison of Bucknell GT, on the road no less....haha

You could always start a thread for that game but I guess the grim reality of talking to yourself until Saturday is just that..... grim

and I think the Hens just might be better than they were last year, if Delaware was down 13-0 at half last year we probably lose that game, it's always better to look bad in the first half and make the necessary adjustments to win than vice versa... new offensive coordinator is so much better than last year...

and despite you twisting words like a Philly Pretzel, no Delaware fan has even come close to say we are winning this game, but we do expect the Hens to show up

Show me where I wrote that you or any other dirty filthy bird fan thought you’d win the game. I guess when I write you “can hang in there” longer you take that as winning....,I used to think you were a sane Hen fan, but I guess you’ve been sniffing too much sea foam in recent years. You are the twisting one here.

I will enjoy the Bucknell game just like you enjoy Delaware State & Penn......and as recent history shows the Delaware game. It used to be a rivalry game, but it’s not any longer. . Like playing Lehigh now a days. You think of Lehigh & Delaware and realize they used to be great games for Nova, but not much anymore.

Bison 42 Delaware 7. Game will be much like last year’s where NDSU politely takes the foot off the accelerator by half. The world’s largest bingo parlor will be a sea of green & yellow in the 2nd half as Dirty Bird fans head for Route 1 early. I wish I saw it differently with the new OC who has struggled to put up points except when they start on the opponents 25 yard line. xpeacex

bluehenbillk
September 10th, 2019, 06:53 AM
Bump

If you want Philly cheesesteaks I'd suggest any of the following in Philly - D'Alessandros (which is in the Roxborough section), Jim's, Tony Luke's, or John's Roast Pork (John's is closed on Mondays) - all located in South Philly. If you want a quality hoagie find a Primo's Hoagie location - it's a chain but they're awesome. Crabs are coming in season too - nearest place to Newark I know of would be Hilltop Crab House on DE/PA border. You can try Grotto Pizza - it's world famous in Delaware haha, again many locations.

MR. CHICKEN
September 10th, 2019, 09:49 AM
Dear Mr. Bison,

......HOPIN' IT'S INTERESTIN'.....FO' UH WHILE..........STILL PLENTY UH TIME......TA WAX...DUH TRACTORS..........BAWK!

.....DAT BE...SECTION J......(MAH HOME AS WELL)..........AN' MANY UH HEAD COACH.......&.....PLAYERS.......LOST DEY'RE...WAY......BAH PAYIN' MO' ATTENTION...TA US......DEN DUH GAMES........BRAWK!

......IT'S DUH PHILLY REFINERIES.......DAT WILL MAKE YA'S.....GASP.......AWK!

MayorOfHenTown
September 10th, 2019, 10:10 AM
My take on the game is that it will be better than last year's game. Like it's been said, NDSU is like an FBS program. The difference between each level is threefold: strength, speed, and depth. Higher-level programs are usually stronger, faster, and have more depth. I think last year's Delaware team did not know what to expect. Plus, the game was played in the infamous Fargodome. This year, our team remembers what last year was like: they have set goals to be better against teams that are stronger and faster. Last week I saw great improvement from Delaware. I had a friend text me to ask my thoughts on the game and my outlook for the NDSU game so I will retype that here for all to read:

"Loved watching that second half. Shocker that when UD goes to the RPOs and the fast-paced offense they see better results (insert eye roll). Rhody couldn't stop it. Our DBs did give up more than I'd like but still showed signs of promise for future games. I like that they faced this very good WR corps with Parker (preseason All-American) early in the season and will have tape for learning and improving. I do not believe they will see another WR corps this talented in the regular season so I think they will be ok going forward. The pass rush is what scares me, too much time for Priore. We will need to send a blitz or run some stunts to get some pressure. Depth chart wise on offense, Rocco has now seen that Andre Robinson should be the 1st- and 2nd-down back with Will Knight as the change of pace back. DeJoun Lee should only be played sparingly either to spill Knight or as a slot WR. Lee is not UD's every-down back. Overall, I'm excited for the game. Delaware is riding a good second-half performance, and needs to continue that momentum into the NDSU game. Come right out with that RPO game. Delaware is always dangerous at home. I have heard students are excited and are going to pack the stadium. It will be loud and our fans will stick behind our players. I heard an interview by Justis Henley this offseason that said the young defense used the NDSU game tape from last year to prepare for this season. This team wants the win. They are hungry and will come out ready to play. NDSU should not sleep on this 'young and hungry' team."

Now I did not say UD would win, as I do believe NDSU will win, but I do believe it will be more of a game in the first half. NDSU pulls away in the second half though and wins 35-24.

X-Factor
September 10th, 2019, 10:11 AM
It’s been a while since we’ve been on the East Coast. GSU in 06 I believe? I’m glad someone from the CAA is willing to do a home-home with us. At least Delaware has a backbone in that regard. We really need to get more inter conference matchups on the schedule! Should be at least 1 per year

AmsterBison
September 10th, 2019, 10:41 AM
It’s been a while since we’ve been on the East Coast. GSU in 06 I believe? I’m glad someone from the CAA is willing to do a home-home with us. At least Delaware has a backbone in that regard. We really need to get more inter conference matchups on the schedule! Should be at least 1 per year

Well, teams like JMU have the same scheduling philosophy as NDSU... and NDSU isn't too keen on doing home-and-homes in normal seasons.

Would love a home and home with Princeton.

TheKingpin28
September 10th, 2019, 11:19 AM
Until the NCAA committee comes out and says they ardently support the SOS and go away from the SRS/record, the recipe for success is win 10 games a season and schedule teams who will keep you healthy and give you relatively easy wins.

I'd love to see more H-H (as long as NDSU still gets 6 home games a season) with decent/good teams but the NCAA has made it clear it values wins over SOS.

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

Professor Chaos
September 10th, 2019, 11:54 AM
Until the NCAA committee comes out and says they ardently support the SOS and go away from the SRS/record, the recipe for success is win 10 games a season and schedule teams who will keep you healthy and give you relatively easy wins.

I'd love to see more H-H (as long as NDSU still gets 6 home games a season) with decent/good teams but the NCAA has made it clear it values wins over SOS.

They've proven in the past that SOS does matter. Look at Kennesaw last year who got the #4 seed at 10-1 (0 FCS losses) when they were #2 in both national polls or Sam Houston St who got the #5 seed in 2016 at 11-0 even though I think they were #1 in both national polls.

But you're absolutely right that NDSU shouldn't feel any obligation to schedule premier OOC games because they get all the SOS they need in the MVFC. It's similar in the CAA and Big Sky. Of course I, as a fan, enjoy it when NDSU or any MVFC, CAA, or Big Sky team challenges themselves with another good team from one of those conferences on their OOC schedule but it's pretty easy to see why they wouldn't also.

TheKingpin28
September 10th, 2019, 12:24 PM
They've proven in the past that SOS does matter. Look at Kennesaw last year who got the #4 seed at 10-1 (0 FCS losses) when they were #2 in both national polls or Sam Houston St who got the #5 seed in 2016 at 11-0 even though I think they were #1 in both national polls.

But you're absolutely right that NDSU shouldn't feel any obligation to schedule premier OOC games because they get all the SOS they need in the MVFC. It's similar in the CAA and Big Sky. Of course I, as a fan, enjoy it when NDSU or any MVFC, CAA, or Big Sky team challenges themselves with another good team from one of those conferences on their OOC schedule but it's pretty easy to see why they wouldn't also.I guess when I posted it, I knew I was implying from NDSUs vantage point about the SOS not mattering but I did not clarify it. That said, would I love a H-H with Maine, FCS pay day game and depending the year, either another H-H/FBS/pay day game, yes, but with the Valley boosting the schedule, no reason for the foreseeable future to schedule a Big Sky/CAA/Pioneer team when a Pioneer/Non-Power FCS/One Off Game works.

ngineer
September 10th, 2019, 12:30 PM
Hey Bison fans...don't forget to visit the infamous (famous?) "Pee Wall"! Most efficient stadium lavatory. Never a line!xsmiley_wix

AmsterBison
September 10th, 2019, 12:34 PM
Hey Bison fans...don't forget to visit the infamous (famous?) "Pee Wall"! Most efficient stadium lavatory. Never a line!xsmiley_wix

Apparently, for some Bison fans all walls are pee walls.

MR. CHICKEN
September 10th, 2019, 01:24 PM

.........MAKE YER OWN.....BISON PROGRAM COVER.........AWK!

Bisonoline
September 10th, 2019, 01:24 PM
If you want Philly cheesesteaks I'd suggest any of the following in Philly - D'Alessandros (which is in the Roxborough section), Jim's, Tony Luke's, or John's Roast Pork (John's is closed on Mondays) - all located in South Philly. If you want a quality hoagie find a Primo's Hoagie location - it's a chain but they're awesome. Crabs are coming in season too - nearest place to Newark I know of would be Hilltop Crab House on DE/PA border. You can try Grotto Pizza - it's world famous in Delaware haha, again many locations.

Thank you!

GannonFan
September 10th, 2019, 03:20 PM
Im sure u would like to forget the game, our backup rallied Nova past Delaware that season. Ironic based on your comment. Don’t u think? His name was Zach Bednarczyk. You might want to try beating us before u talk smack. It’s been awhile. Good luck vs. NDSU. xpeacex

Huh, is that a rule of smack talk? Did I violate a rule? Come on, man, UD and nova have both been pretty crappy for years now, congrats on being just slightly less crappy than we've been. Have you made a bumper sticker out of that yet?

ASU33
September 10th, 2019, 03:26 PM
I like the Azz Kickin Chickens to keep it close but the Bison pull away late 34-20

CHIP72
September 10th, 2019, 04:10 PM

Thank you!

In Philadelphia, I would add Steve’s Prince of Steaks near 16th and Chestnut in Center City as a good cheesesteak place (and second the Tony Luke’s recommendation; the original location is near Front and Oregon*). I also second the Primo’s recommendation, though even Wawa subs/hoagies are very good. (There’s a Wawa near the MD/DE state line on MD/DE 279 maybe 2 miles from Delaware Stadium that I often stop at when driving to/from Philadelphia and I’m avoiding the Delaware toll on I-95.). Finally, I would get some soft pretzels from the Philadelphia Pretzel Factory at least once during your trip. If you go to a Phillies game, you get can get them after the game along Pattison between the ballpark and Broad Street/SEPTA NRG Station.

In Baltimore, Luna Del Sea near OPACY has really good crabcakes. Actually, many places in the Baltimore area have good crabcakes; you should definitely get crabcakes at least once while in Baltimore. With the Orioles game, I recommend buying food at one of the food stands outside the park and taking your food and drink into the park with you. My favorites are those beyond the LF corner across Paca Street from the ballpark near Pickles Pub. The best of those is the one closest to Pickles Pub next to the minor street Washington Boulevard/Portland Street intersection. They have really good straight from the grill hot sausages and good hamburgers too.

*If you are a pro wrestling fan from the late 1990s, the famous/infamous ECW Arena is near Tony Luke’s, at Swanson and Ritner.

caribbeanhen
September 10th, 2019, 05:30 PM
We should have a cheese steak poll after the game..... I used to make those things out on RT 13 down in Sussex County a very long time ago.... mustard and fried onions!

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 10th, 2019, 07:08 PM

No way on the annual game. Matt Larson said it again today that 6 home games are a priority every year. Heck, I'd love to have 8 home games in a 12 game season.

I have no problem in a 12 game season.

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 10th, 2019, 07:53 PM
Watching UD vs RI, they are on par with UND. Look susceptible to the outside run. Their offense is mediocre at best.

Similar score as last year.

cx500d
September 10th, 2019, 08:11 PM
We should have a cheese steak poll after the game..... I used to make those things out on RT 13 down in Sussex County a very long time ago.... mustard and fried onions!

Are you going to be there?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

caribbeanhen
September 10th, 2019, 08:37 PM
Are you going to be there?

only in spirit, it's hard to get on the plane with this pesky ankle bracelet

cx500d
September 10th, 2019, 08:49 PM
only in spirit, it's hard to get on the plane with this pesky ankle bracelet

Half of DC is wearing ankle bracelets

caribbeanhen
September 10th, 2019, 09:12 PM
Half of DC is wearing ankle bracelets

haha, that's good

glad you are able to make the game CX, If you never had scrapple before, this is your chance....

cx500d
September 10th, 2019, 09:41 PM
haha, that's good

glad you are able to make the game CX, If you never had scrapple before, this is your chance....

I never liked that game, preferred monopoly.

X-Factor
September 10th, 2019, 10:36 PM
No way on the annual game. Matt Larson said it again today that 6 home games are a priority every year. Heck, I'd love to have 8 home games in a 12 game season.

I have no problem in a 12 game season.

I’m pretty sure our schedules already include 1 every year. Gene Taylor used to state he looked for 1 home/home, 1 guarantee at the Dome, and 1 FBS away in years where the home/home was on our side. This hasn’t changed under Larson other than the FBS is really no longer an option because FBS teams are scared of scheduling us.

uni88
September 10th, 2019, 11:13 PM

What if someone wants to eat the trifecta of iconic Philly Cheesesteaks and hit Jim's, Pat's and Geno's one after the other?

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 11th, 2019, 05:32 AM
I’m pretty sure our schedules already include 1 every year. Gene Taylor used to state he looked for 1 home/home, 1 guarantee at the Dome, and 1 FBS away in years where the home/home was on our side. This hasn’t changed under Larson other than the FBS is really no longer an option because FBS teams are scared of scheduling us.

Where have we traveled annually to another FCS school? Sometimes yes. Like I said, 6 home games are a priority and Larson said that again on 1660. So if we get FBS games, the Bison will never travel to an FCS school in an 11 game season. 12 game seasons? Sure, we'll still have 6 home games.

Home/home are fine with the away during a 12 game season. But sacrificing a home game in an 11 game season just to fill out home/home dates is stupid and Larson will not do it.....good!

bluehenbillk
September 11th, 2019, 07:58 AM
What if someone wants to eat the trifecta of iconic Philly Cheesesteaks and hit Jim's, Pat's and Geno's one after the other?

You'd be pretty disappointed actually. Pat's & Geno's get a lot of attention but 9 out of 10 people from the area will tell you they're more tourist spots than good cheesesteak spots. I went to Pat's this past spring, the first time in years, and they could've cared less about how good their steaks were. My advice is do drive through that intersection (9th & Passyunk), even get out & take a pic if you want - but save your stomach for better options that myself & others have already listed. If you do want to indulge yourself with cheesesteaks just google South Philly Taco. And yes it's a real thing!

bluehenbillk
September 11th, 2019, 08:00 AM
My take on the game is that it will be better than last year's game. Like it's been said, NDSU is like an FBS program. The difference between each level is threefold: strength, speed, and depth. Higher-level programs are usually stronger, faster, and have more depth. I think last year's Delaware team did not know what to expect. Plus, the game was played in the infamous Fargodome. This year, our team remembers what last year was like: they have set goals to be better against teams that are stronger and faster. Last week I saw great improvement from Delaware. I had a friend text me to ask my thoughts on the game and my outlook for the NDSU game so I will retype that here for all to read:

"Loved watching that second half. Shocker that when UD goes to the RPOs and the fast-paced offense they see better results (insert eye roll). Rhody couldn't stop it. Our DBs did give up more than I'd like but still showed signs of promise for future games. I like that they faced this very good WR corps with Parker (preseason All-American) early in the season and will have tape for learning and improving. I do not believe they will see another WR corps this talented in the regular season so I think they will be ok going forward. The pass rush is what scares me, too much time for Priore. We will need to send a blitz or run some stunts to get some pressure. Depth chart wise on offense, Rocco has now seen that Andre Robinson should be the 1st- and 2nd-down back with Will Knight as the change of pace back. DeJoun Lee should only be played sparingly either to spill Knight or as a slot WR. Lee is not UD's every-down back. Overall, I'm excited for the game. Delaware is riding a good second-half performance, and needs to continue that momentum into the NDSU game. Come right out with that RPO game. Delaware is always dangerous at home. I have heard students are excited and are going to pack the stadium. It will be loud and our fans will stick behind our players. I heard an interview by Justis Henley this offseason that said the young defense used the NDSU game tape from last year to prepare for this season. This team wants the win. They are hungry and will come out ready to play. NDSU should not sleep on this 'young and hungry' team."

Now I did not say UD would win, as I do believe NDSU will win, but I do believe it will be more of a game in the first half. NDSU pulls away in the second half though and wins 35-24.

Students? I feel like I'm reading something off of CNN vs AGS here. I'll put the over/under of UD students in attendance (minus the marching band/cheerleaders/athletes in uniform) at 450 for Saturday.

caribbeanhen
September 11th, 2019, 08:16 AM
You'd be pretty disappointed actually. Pat's & Geno's get a lot of attention but 9 out of 10 people from the area will tell you they're more tourist spots than good cheesesteak spots. I went to Pat's this past spring, the first time in years, and they could've cared less about how good their steaks were. My advice is do drive through that intersection (9th & Passyunk), even get out & take a pic if you want - but save your stomach for better options that myself & others have already listed. If you do want to indulge yourself with cheesesteaks just google South Philly Taco. And yes it's a real thing!

I can totally vouch for all of this although if you get close enough to take a tourist pic it will be hard not to buy one......

uni88
September 11th, 2019, 08:54 AM
You'd be pretty disappointed actually. Pat's & Geno's get a lot of attention but 9 out of 10 people from the area will tell you they're more tourist spots than good cheesesteak spots. I went to Pat's this past spring, the first time in years, and they could've cared less about how good their steaks were. My advice is do drive through that intersection (9th & Passyunk), even get out & take a pic if you want - but save your stomach for better options that myself & others have already listed. If you do want to indulge yourself with cheesesteaks just google South Philly Taco. And yes it's a real thing!That sucks. I haven't been to either in more than 30 years but loved going back then.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Professor Chaos
September 11th, 2019, 09:10 AM
It will be interesting to see which team comes out of the gate better. This is the first true road game for an NDSU team with a lot of new contributors and it seems like Delaware has a tendency to start slow.

If the Bison take control early it'll be a long day for the Hens but I worry that Delaware will come out swinging after what happened in Fargo last year and get the (presumably big) crowd behind them with a 1st half flurry.

In the end though I think the Bison are too good at the LOS for Delaware to hang with them the whole game. Going with a conservative prediction and say 34-24 Bison.

caribbeanhen
September 11th, 2019, 09:28 AM
It will be interesting to see which team comes out of the gate better. This is the first true road game for an NDSU team with a lot of new contributors and it seems like Delaware has a tendency to start slow.

If the Bison take control early it'll be a long day for the Hens but I worry that Delaware will come out swinging after what happened in Fargo last year and get the (presumably big) crowd behind them with a 1st half flurry.

In the end though I think the Bison are too good at the LOS for Delaware to hang with them the whole game. Going with a conservative prediction and say 34-24 Bison.

Due to ongoing renovations of Delaware Stadium the capacity has been reduced this year down to about 16,500 or so.... every seat should be full but we will see

Schism55
September 11th, 2019, 11:15 AM
Then may God have mercy on your soul, and colon xlolx

Bisonator
September 11th, 2019, 11:25 AM
Watching UD vs RI, they are on par with UND. Look susceptible to the outside run. Their offense is mediocre at best.

Similar score as last year.
This is my take as well. They look very similar to UND.

Henny
September 11th, 2019, 11:36 AM
Don't forget to spend some time in Newark as well!! Main St provides many options and you'll find it's one of the finest college towns in the country.

One of the reasons we are holding out some hope for a respectable performance is that we have a new O-coordinator in Jared Ambrose as well the former Illini Head Coach Bill Cubit who know how to game plan and play call. This wasn't the case last year and I can see why you are all underwhelmed. Things started to come together in the second half last week.

Really looking forward to this one!

Professor Chaos
September 11th, 2019, 11:38 AM
Interesting tweet from NDSU beat writer Jeff Kolpack on the last time the Bison football team went this far east:

https://twitter.com/FGOSPORTSWRITER/status/1171498688864116743

CHIP72
September 11th, 2019, 01:00 PM
I haven’t spent that much time in downtown Newark, but it is a genuinely nice town. Definitely try to spend some time there.

ngineer
September 11th, 2019, 01:15 PM
Students? I feel like I'm reading something off of CNN vs AGS here. I'll put the over/under of UD students in attendance (minus the marching band/cheerleaders/athletes in uniform) at 450 for Saturday.

The virus has infected UD as well? Student attendance is dropping everywhere...

bluehenbillk
September 11th, 2019, 01:29 PM
It's been that way for a few decades in Newark actually, except for the first home game of each season.

93henfan
September 11th, 2019, 05:15 PM
No love for Claymont Steaks? I just had one two weeks ago on the way back from Philly, and it was pretty damn good. That was the flagship store in Claymont. I can't vouch for the Newark location, as I've never been there.

93henfan
September 11th, 2019, 05:22 PM
Weather is supposed to be pretty nice on Saturday after the midweek hot spell we're having now. I was kind of hoping to get the buffaloes out in 90F with 90% humidity, but the current forecast is 82F with 75% humidity.

POD Knows
September 11th, 2019, 05:48 PM
Weather is supposed to be pretty nice on Saturday after the midweek hot spell we're having now. I was kind of hoping to get the buffaloes out in 90F with 90% humidity, but the current forecast is 82F with 75% humidity.
We beat Kansas State in 100 degree heat in Kansas. NDSU does not worry about weather.

POD Knows
September 11th, 2019, 05:49 PM
Planted the Bison Flag in downtown Newark. Had a few drinks at The Santa Fe Grill. Pretty dead.

cx500d
September 11th, 2019, 05:58 PM
Planted the Bison Flag in downtown Newark. Had a few drinks at The Santa Fe Grill. Pretty dead.

Didn’t know you were coming. Hope to see you Saturday.

POD Knows
September 11th, 2019, 06:10 PM
Didn’t know you were coming. Hope to see you Saturday.

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkI am going to the Tailgate that the Carolina guys put together, they are supposed to have my tickets, they cashed my check. I hear Everett is out there with you.

RootinFerDukes
September 11th, 2019, 06:41 PM

It’s a Wednesday. People have lives and jobs.

TheKingpin28
September 11th, 2019, 06:43 PM
It’s a Wednesday. People have lives and jobs.Clearly you dont know POD. His job is to drink and find a boathouse. xlolx

RootinFerDukes
September 11th, 2019, 06:47 PM
Clearly you dont know POD. His job is to drink and find a boathouse. xlolx

For his sake, I hope it pays the bills haha.

UpstateBison
September 11th, 2019, 06:48 PM
I am going to the Tailgate that the Carolina guys put together, they are supposed to have my tickets, they cashed my check. I hear Everett is out there with you.

Look forward to seeing you at the tailgate on Saturday. Hope a few Delaware fans show up to say hello. I know Ivytalk and a buddy are going to stop by.

TheKingpin28
September 11th, 2019, 06:51 PM
For his sake, I hope it pays the bills haha.He also has a solid job on the side that affords him those luxuries. Man works extremely hard.

X-Factor
September 11th, 2019, 07:06 PM
We beat Kansas State in 100 degree heat in Kansas. NDSU does not worry about weather.

It’s a typical response from southern fans that haven’t followed the Bison closely. Understandably so. In the times that I’ve watched the Bison play and there have been cramps or heat issues it’s always been from the opposing team

Professor Chaos
September 11th, 2019, 07:18 PM
It’s a typical response from southern fans that haven’t followed the Bison closely. Understandably so. In the times that I’ve watched the Bison play and there have been cramps or heat issues it’s always been from the opposing team
Did someone say cramps????
https://s.yimg.com/ny/api/res/1.2/RB8U70U9YzlEk3fa5axYDg--/YXBwaWQ9aGlnaGxhbmRlcjt3PTY0MDtoPTM1OS40MjU3MDk1MT U4NTk3NQ--/https://s.yimg.com/uu/api/res/1.2/01avUnWW15eMwgCsP2Fy7Q--~B/aD0xNjgyO3c9Mjk5NTtzbT0xO2FwcGlkPXl0YWNoeW9u/http://media.zenfs.com/en_us/Sports/ap/201803011221444697176

93henfan
September 11th, 2019, 07:20 PM
Look forward to seeing you at the tailgate on Saturday. Hope a few Delaware fans show up to say hello. I know Ivytalk and a buddy are going to stop by.

That's me (with Ivytalk). We're heading up from beautiful Slower Delaware (should be a different state, but we're stuck with New Castle County) early Saturday morning. Looking forward to meeting you all.

93henfan
September 11th, 2019, 07:24 PM

Delaware's a southern state now? Ya learn something new every day.

I'm really looking forward to checking out this green juggernaut that is not affected by the physics and biology that trouble mere mortals. No wonder nobody can beat them. They're not human.

caribbeanhen
September 11th, 2019, 07:28 PM
He also has a solid job on the side that affords him those luxuries. Man works extremely hard.

he does? I thought he just drove a company truck around and ate a greasy spoon diners with Flo.....

Henny
September 11th, 2019, 07:43 PM

As a Newark resident, i'm really curious where you put the flag?!?

Each bar has "their night" You'll get company at the right spot!, UD was the #1 party school in the nation last year, # 3 this year!

93henfan
September 11th, 2019, 07:55 PM

Each bar has "their night" You'll get company at the right spot!, UD was the #1 party school in the nation last year, # 3 this year!

Yep. If you can't find a party at the U of D, you're not trying. Top party school in the nation in 2018 and dropped between Alabama and West Virginia to #3 in the 2019 rankings.

https://www.princetonreview.com/college-rankings?rankings=party-schools

POD Knows
September 11th, 2019, 07:57 PM
For his sake, I hope it pays the bills haha.I do OK, just kidding on the downtown stuff, decent amount of people but no Bison fans were visible.

POD Knows
September 11th, 2019, 07:59 PM
he does? I thought he just drove a company truck around and ate a greasy spoon diners with Flo.....That is actually the job description for the job I do, I have it down to a science.

93henfan
September 11th, 2019, 08:03 PM
If you're on Main Street during the day, make sure you take a short detour south and walk the Green. It's one of the more stunning campus centers in the country.

https://s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/asset.plexuss.com/college/overview_images/750_university-of-delaware_01.jpg

POD Knows
September 11th, 2019, 08:03 PM

Each bar has "their night" You'll get company at the right spot!, UD was the #1 party school in the nation last year, # 3 this year!Had a few drinks at the Santa Fe Grill and then a place just up the street. Was only down there for a couple hours, pretty nice night, some locals milling around, saw a homeless guy, flashed him the Bison horns, he didn't respond so I guess he isn't a fan.

POD Knows
September 11th, 2019, 08:07 PM
If you're on Main Street during the day, make sure you take a short detour south and walk the Green. It's one of the more stunning campus centers in the country.

https://s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/asset.plexuss.com/college/overview_images/750_university-of-delaware_01.jpgDrove around the campus a little bit, it is nice. Campus is real close to downtown which is cool.

Hammersmith
September 11th, 2019, 08:18 PM

I'm really looking forward to checking out this green juggernaut that is not affected by the physics and biology that trouble mere mortals. No wonder nobody can beat them. They're not human.

Scoff if you want, but there's a little truth to it. An understated part of the success of NDSU is a great sports medicine partnership with Sanford Health(previously Meritcare). Mainly due to this partnership, NDSU just doesn't cramp.

The reason: Around a decade or more back, Sanford and/or Meritcare developed a program to analyze and treat cramping. What they found was that some players cramp more than others(wasn't a surprise) and that in-game treatments for cramps are useless. Cramps happen when certain salts are depleted from muscle tissue. The time it takes from consuming salts through fluids to those salts getting into the muscles is measured in hours. No matter how much gatorade you drink or bananas you eat, by the time the important stuff gets to where it needs to go, the game is long over. Even IVs don't help all that much within the necessary time frame.

What does work is to pre-load your body with extra salts in the hours leading up to the game. But who needs to do it, and how much do they need? Meritcare/Sanford put players on treadmills and sealed gauze patches on their bodies. After a certain amount of hard exercise, those patches were removed and the sweat collected was analyzed to determine how much sweat was expelled and how much salt it contained. The doctors were able to determine how much salt the players would lose over the course of a game, and whether it would be enough to cause a danger of cramping.

To combat this, players who sweat out excess salts were prescribed a fluid regimen for game days. Starting the night before, they take warm gatorade(or other drinks) and add spoonfuls of salt to it, shake it up, and force it down(all the players agree the stuff is disgusting). Many with histories of cramping have to wake up a couple times during the night to do this again. All in all, some have to take 4-6 doses of the salt solution from late-evening the night before the game to right up to game time.

I suspect the testing system may have been streamlined over the last decade, but I believe the overall program is still in place at NDSU. And it's no secret. Many pro and college teams of all types use similar programs if they have problems with players cramping. But not everyone uses it by far, and many pro and upper level programs ignore it to their peril. I remember when LeBron was still in Miami and cramping seemingly every other game. I thought it was incredibly stupid because the Heat had a bench player at the time that had the same issue but never cramped anymore. The difference was the bench player had spent time at the D-League program in Sioux Falls, which also partnered with Sanford Health. When he was cramping regularly up there, the Sanford doctors put him on the same salted gatorade and, boom, no more cramping. Why the Heat never forced LeBron to do the same, I'll never know.

So when you see opposing teams dropping like flies to cramping in the third and fourth quarters while NDSU players never do, now you know the reason.

Hammersmith
September 11th, 2019, 08:28 PM
Here was the story. I believe the Sanford doctor in the story(nicknamed Dr. Sweat) has either worked with, or consulted with, the NDSU football program.

https://abcnews.go.com/Sports/science-lebrons-cramping/story?id=24047849

93henfan
September 11th, 2019, 08:43 PM
Oh I'll scoff alright at Dakota medicine. Maybe not at North Dakota, but certainly South Dakota. I went on a road trip in June through the Dakotas with my sons. We traveled the width of ND, stopping in Fargo and later touring both units of Teddy Roosevelt NP. We then proceeded through a bit of Montana on the way to Devil's Tower, and then down to Rapid City to see Mt Rushmore and the rest of the sites.

So when we got to Rapid City, I starting getting chest pain that evening, which worsened overnight, and I checked into the Regional Health Rapid City Hospital emergency room. They gave me nitroglycerine, a mobile chest x-ray, and a stress test. They were sure I had a cardiac problem, so they never bothered to give me a CT scan, which would have quickly revealed the 10cm mass of Hodgkins Lymphoma that was surrounding my heart. But no, they wanted to admit me to the hospital and cardiac catheter me. I refused admission (thank God) because I was the only guardian with my sons and state policy for an anesthesia patient with kids is that the kids must be placed in protective custody while the guardian is under. So I refused admission, my dad flew to Rapid City, and drove us home.

University of Pennsylvania Hospital found the mass about 30 minutes after I checked in to their ER. I go for chemo #4 on Friday. If I look a little green on Saturday at the tailgate, it's not because I'm an NDSU fan.

caribbeanhen
September 11th, 2019, 09:09 PM
Oh I'll scoff alright at Dakota medicine. Maybe not at North Dakota, but certainly South Dakota. I went on a road trip in June through the Dakotas with my sons. We traveled the width of ND, stopping in Fargo and later touring both units of Teddy Roosevelt NP. We then proceeded through a bit of Montana on the way to Devil's Tower, and then down to Rapid City to see Mt Rushmore and the rest of the sites.

So when we got to Rapid City, I starting getting chest pain that evening, which worsened overnight, and I checked into the Regional Health Rapid City Hospital emergency room. They gave me nitroglycerine, a mobile chest x-ray, and a stress test. They were sure I had a cardiac problem, so they never bothered to give me a CT scan, which would have quickly revealed the 10cm mass of Hodgkins Lymphoma that was surrounding my heart. But no, they wanted to admit me to the hospital and cardiac catheter me. I refused admission (thank God) because I was the only guardian with my sons and state policy for an anesthesia patient with kids is that the kids must be placed in protective custody while the guardian is under. So I refused admission, my dad flew to Rapid City, and drove us home.

University of Pennsylvania Hospital found the mass about 30 minutes after I checked in to their ER. I go for chemo #4 on Friday. If I look a little green on Saturday at the tailgate, it's not because I'm an NDSU fan.

Well all of the sudden the game is not so important anymore

Get Well 93, I'm pulling for you big time

93henfan
September 11th, 2019, 09:14 PM
Well all of the sudden the game is not so important anymore

Get Well 93, I'm pulling for you big time

BS. The game is more important. I got this sh't. Don't worry about me.

I have the good Hodgkins:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zd-AEkvmg54

cx500d
September 11th, 2019, 10:48 PM

Did you let the ****ty Dr in South Dakota know about their misdiagnosis?

cx500d
September 11th, 2019, 11:02 PM
I am going to the Tailgate that the Carolina guys put together, they are supposed to have my tickets, they cashed my check. I hear Everett is out there with you.

He's flying in Friday afternoon. I'm in CA for work, will be flying in about 30 minutes before him. I think its about a 2 hour drive from DC to New-Ark

cx500d
September 11th, 2019, 11:05 PM

It was a slave state....

93henfan
September 12th, 2019, 05:05 AM
It was a slave state....

As was Maryland, but neither is considered a southern state, as they both fought for the Union in the Civil War. Another historical footnote is that New Jersey also held slaves during the Civil War up until the 13th Amendment in 1865.

RootinFerDukes
September 12th, 2019, 08:06 AM
I do OK, just kidding on the downtown stuff, decent amount of people but no Bison fans were visible.

But wait, I thought you all show up to Frisco in February? Lame!

POD Knows
September 12th, 2019, 08:24 AM
But wait, I thought you all show up to Frisco in February? Lame!
No. We go to Frisco in January but we make our plans and reservations a year in advance.

Bisonoline
September 12th, 2019, 11:41 AM
I do OK, just kidding on the downtown stuff, decent amount of people but no Bison fans were visible.

We are at little Italy for lunch. Then heading to the inner harbor. Crab cakes for supper. Then the baseball game at 7.

ursus arctos horribilis
September 12th, 2019, 12:21 PM
You NDSU guys should take some direction from 93Hen on where to grab a bite. He's an old timer on here and has been gone for a long time but he does organize some crab eating festivities and likes some doggy beer place around there that he just swears by.

caribbeanhen
September 12th, 2019, 12:40 PM
We are at little Italy for lunch. Then heading to the inner harbor. Crab cakes for supper. Then the baseball game at 7.

An old Coast Guard Cutter is now a museum on the Inner Harbor, last warship ship floating that fought at Pearl Harbor, one of her sister ships was the USCGC BIBB that I actually served on in early 80's .... toured TANEY with the kids about 10 years ago, that's when they realized there Dad used to be a Sailor....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USCGC_Taney_(WHEC-37)

last I heard the galley was closed so I doubt you will be interested in a tour Oline.... haha

uni88
September 12th, 2019, 01:16 PM
You NDSU guys should take some direction from 93Hen on where to grab a bite. He's an old timer on here and has been gone for a long time but he does organize some crab eating festivities and likes some doggy beer place around there that he just swears by.

xthumbsupx Dogfish Head.

93's also a big spender so make sure he picks up the tab! ;)

CHIP72
September 12th, 2019, 01:21 PM
He's flying in Friday afternoon. I'm in CA for work, will be flying in about 30 minutes before him. I think its about a 2 hour drive from DC to New-Ark

Depends on where in the DC area one is located, but that's about right.

If I lived on the east or south side of DC and was going to the game, I'd probably use US 50 and US 301 and drive up the Eastern Shore rather than dealing with I-95 (which isn't so bad on Saturdays but can potentially be a pain at any time during daylight hours, particularly between DC and Baltimore and on the 3 lane section of I-95 north/east of Maryland Exit 77).

ursus arctos horribilis
September 12th, 2019, 02:51 PM
xthumbsupx Dogfish Head.

93's also a big spender so make sure he picks up the tab!

Save yourself any shame though and DO NOT be around when he asks for the refund.;)

93henfan
September 12th, 2019, 03:17 PM
So many lies.

uni88
September 12th, 2019, 03:30 PM
So many lies.

Tell me all your sweet, sweet little lies
All about the dark places you hide
Tell me all your problems, make them mine
Tell me all your sweet, sweet little lies

xsmiley_wix

ursus arctos horribilis
September 12th, 2019, 03:42 PM
So many lies.

https://thenypost.files.wordpress.com/2015/08/tv_carson1a.jpg?quality=90&strip=all&w=1236&h=820&crop=1

"Phrase uttered by Customer Service desk employees at Walmarts all across Delaware after being visited by LowDel Waynzie."

Bisonoline
September 12th, 2019, 03:42 PM
An old Coast Guard Cutter is now a museum on the Inner Harbor, last warship ship floating that fought at Pearl Harbor, one of her sister ships was the USCGC BIBB that I actually served on in early 80's .... toured TANEY with the kids about 10 years ago, that's when they realized there Dad used to be a Sailor....

last I heard the galley was closed so I doubt you will be interested in a tour Oline.... haha

Yep. Saw all of that. Also took a harbor tour to kill time. They also have a submarine, and a ship that worked as a lighthouse. We are now at the crab cake place next to Orioles stadium.

uni88
September 12th, 2019, 03:58 PM
https://thenypost.files.wordpress.com/2015/08/tv_carson1a.jpg?quality=90&strip=all&w=1236&h=820&crop=1

"Phrase uttered by Customer Service desk employees at Walmarts all across Delaware after being visited by LowDel Waynzie."

xlmaox

Are you heading to Eugene this weekend?

ursus arctos horribilis
September 12th, 2019, 04:07 PM
xlmaox

Are you heading to Eugene this weekend?

No, I do love that place though. Last time was a blast but no go this time around.

uni88
September 12th, 2019, 04:35 PM
No, I do love that place though. Last time was a blast but no go this time around.

I was thinking about heading down there and would have bought you a beer. What about Portland State in November?

ursus arctos horribilis
September 12th, 2019, 04:57 PM
I was thinking about heading down there and would have bought you a beer. What about Portland State in November?

Doubtful but still possible, haven't been there in a while now either. I will get in touch if we squeeze that one in.xdrunkyx

POD Knows
September 12th, 2019, 05:08 PM
We went down to the “beaches” today. Laid around there for a while. Ate some really marginal seafood at a place called Matt’s down there someplace. Looks like big time rain up here now

93henfan
September 12th, 2019, 05:35 PM
We went down to the “beaches” today. Laid around there for a while. Ate some really marginal seafood at a place called Matt’s down there someplace. Looks like big time rain up here now

Ivytalk already told you to go to Sambo's, and you drove on by it twice. We have our annual ChampionshipSubdivision.com crab feast there annually. All the NASCAR teams head there on the two Dover race weekends as well.

Bisonoline
September 12th, 2019, 05:58 PM
In Philadelphia, I would add Steve’s Prince of Steaks near 16th and Chestnut in Center City as a good cheesesteak place (and second the Tony Luke’s recommendation; the original location is near Front and Oregon*). I also second the Primo’s recommendation, though even Wawa subs/hoagies are very good. (There’s a Wawa near the MD/DE state line on MD/DE 279 maybe 2 miles from Delaware Stadium that I often stop at when driving to/from Philadelphia and I’m avoiding the Delaware toll on I-95.). Finally, I would get some soft pretzels from the Philadelphia Pretzel Factory at least once during your trip. If you go to a Phillies game, you get can get them after the game along Pattison between the ballpark and Broad Street/SEPTA NRG Station.

In Baltimore, Luna Del Sea near OPACY has really good crabcakes. Actually, many places in the Baltimore area have good crabcakes; you should definitely get crabcakes at least once while in Baltimore. With the Orioles game, I recommend buying food at one of the food stands outside the park and taking your food and drink into the park with you. My favorites are those beyond the LF corner across Paca Street from the ballpark near Pickles Pub. The best of those is the one closest to Pickles Pub next to the minor street Washington Boulevard/Portland Street intersection. They have really good straight from the grill hot sausages and good hamburgers too.

*If you are a pro wrestling fan from the late 1990s, the famous/infamous ECW Arena is near Tony Luke’s, at Swanson and Ritner.

Luna del sea...crab cakes.. freaking great

POD Knows
September 12th, 2019, 06:49 PM
Ivytalk already told you to go to Sambo's, and you drove on by it twice. We have our annual ChampionshipSubdivision.com crab feast there annually. All the NASCAR teams head there on the two Dover race weekends as well.3.5 stars on Yelp for Sambo's, I thought about going there and in hindsight, I should have went there. I am thinking about blowing off Philly tomorrow and heading down to Sambo's and give it another try, the wife is not a yuge seafood fan and looked at me funny when I mentioned it. Yelp can suck my dick because the place I ate at today had significantly better reviews on there than Sambo's and it was decent but pretty average.

I an going to start a crab cake war on hear and declare that the crab cakes on the west coast are better than east coast crab cakes. xlolx

93henfan
September 12th, 2019, 07:20 PM
3.5 stars on Yelp for Sambo's, I thought about going there and in hindsight, I should have went there. I am thinking about blowing off Philly tomorrow and heading down to Sambo's and give it another try, the wife is not a yuge seafood fan and looked at me funny when I mentioned it. Yelp can suck my dick because the place I ate at today had significantly better reviews on there than Sambo's and it was decent but pretty average.

I an going to start a crab cake war on hear and declare that the crab cakes on the west coast are better than east coast crab cakes. xlolx

If you give two poops about birdwatching, there's a world class spot about three miles from Sambo's called Bombay Hook National Wildlife Refuge.

Sambo's is a bit unique. It's 70s chic with wood-paneled walls, domestic beer neon signs galore, and many signed pictures of NASCAR drivers who stopped there. If you're looking for a button-down yacht yuppie spot, you'll probably be disappointed, but the food is legit. I'm a blue crab rather than crabcake guy, but I do order a crabcake at Sambo's once in awhile, because they're really f'ing good there. Crabcakes are perfect for non-locals who don't have the skills to pick crabs, but want a little tasty taste. Also, Sambo's crabs are delivered fresh from boat to their dock every morning. No trucking of their food between the boat and your table.

Note, beach traffic starts to get vicious on Friday afternnons, and it's also bike week in Ocean City, MD, so that adds to the fun. Be vigilant.

caribbeanhen
September 12th, 2019, 07:44 PM

Did you make it to Dewey Beach yet....Bottle and Cork used to be the night spot.....

boardwalk? Rehoboth Beach

slice of Grotto Pizza yet?

scrapple?

caribbeanhen
September 12th, 2019, 07:47 PM
If you give two poops about birdwatching, there's a world class spot about three miles from Sambo's called Bombay Hook National Wildlife Refuge.

Sambo's is a bit unique. It's 70s chic with wood-paneled walls, domestic beer neon signs galore, and many signed pictures of NASCAR drivers who stopped there. If you're looking for a button-down yacht yuppie spot, you'll probably be disappointed, but the food is legit. I'm a blue crab rather than crabcake guy, but I do order a crabcake at Sambo's once in awhile, because they're really f'ing good there. Crabcakes are perfect for non-locals who don't have the skills to pick crabs, but want a little tasty taste. Also, Sambo's crabs are delivered fresh from boat to their dock every morning. No trucking of their food between the boat and your table.

Note, beach traffic starts to get vicious on Friday afternnons, and it's also bike week in Ocean City, MD, so that adds to the fun. Be vigilant.

balls on.... growing up in that area I always thought crabcakes ruined the crab....much rather pick the meat and eat that way

cx500d
September 12th, 2019, 08:01 PM

That's horrible, they should rename that ship; Roger Taney was a racist

cx500d
September 12th, 2019, 08:02 PM
Depends on where in the DC area one is located, but that's about right.

If I lived on the east or south side of DC and was going to the game, I'd probably use US 50 and US 301 and drive up the Eastern Shore rather than dealing with I-95 (which isn't so bad on Saturdays but can potentially be a pain at any time during daylight hours, particularly between DC and Baltimore and on the 3 lane section of I-95 north/east of Maryland Exit 77).

I have to go via Bethesda.

POD Knows
September 12th, 2019, 08:05 PM
Did you make it to Dewey Beach yet....Bottle and Cork used to be the night spot.....

scrapple?We were at Dewey Beach for a while, went further down south to Bethany Beach. Parking sucked at Dewey Beach. I am pizza'd out, had pizza in Minneapolis on the way down and also at a place in PA. We are staying up at Newark and got back up here at about 7:00 p.m. The beaches are really nice down there and not to crowded this time of year and it was hot and beautiful down there.

cx500d
September 12th, 2019, 08:06 PM

A man could starve eating a pile of blue crab

Henny
September 12th, 2019, 08:06 PM
Gotta pick em clean Carib.xthumbsupx We've had a lot of success catching them in the Indian River Bay over the years..

Consensus among Hen fans, plenty of surprises coming for the Bison. We'll need everything to work in order to hang in!

POD Knows
September 12th, 2019, 08:10 PM

Note, beach traffic starts to get vicious on Friday afternnons, and it's also bike week in Ocean City, MD, so that adds to the fun. Be vigilant.That place we went to didn't even have Blue Crabs, I just assumed they did and got in there and they weren't on the menu. My wife doesn't eat crab and it was just me and her and she kinds of cramps my style when it comes to seafood because she doesn't eat shellfish.

93henfan
September 12th, 2019, 08:13 PM
The game will be much more fun for everyone if we do not step on our dicks right out of the gate like last year. That game was over in about 7 minutes of clock, which really was a bummer.

Look, we have no business winning the match, but hopefully we can go the distance on Saturday. UD running back Will Knight spotted at 1:50:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_YYmfM2TfUA

caribbeanhen
September 12th, 2019, 08:14 PM
That's horrible, they should rename that ship; Roger Taney was a racist

the ship is decommissioned so all is good, sailing on the ocean on a ship with no name .....

cx500d
September 12th, 2019, 08:28 PM
That place we went to didn't even have Blue Crabs, I just assumed they did and got in there and they weren't on the menu. My wife doesn't eat crab and it was just me and her and she kinds of cramps my style when it comes to seafood because she doesn't eat shellfish.

There is more meat in in a crawfish then a blue crab

93henfan
September 12th, 2019, 08:30 PM
If you don't get full eating blue crabs, you don't know what you're doing. A lot of people don't know what they're doing. That's why crabcakes exist.

cx500d
September 12th, 2019, 08:35 PM
The game will be much more fun for everyone if we do not step on our dicks right out of the gate like last year. That game was over in about 7 minutes of clock, which really was a bummer.

Look, we have no business winning the match, but hopefully we can go the distance on Saturday.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s9MMa76RB9Q

FYP

cx500d
September 12th, 2019, 08:36 PM
If you don't get full eating blue crabs, you don't know what you're doing. A lot of people don't know what they're doing. That's why crabcakes exist.

That's very possible....Last time I ate them I cut my hand on a sharp shell and bled all over

93henfan
September 12th, 2019, 08:40 PM
That's very possible....Last time I ate them I cut my hand on a sharp shell and bled all over

Blue crab picking can be a bitch for the uninitiated. You're talking to a guy who was born and raised on Delmarva, eats probably 6 to 10 blue crab feasts a year, and even did a sixth grade project on better ways to pick crabs.

So yeah, there's all of that. :D

Whenever my mom's side of the family visits from Kentucky, we tell them to order crab cakes, and then we give them a crab or two to frustrate the living crap out of them trying to pick.

POD Knows
September 12th, 2019, 08:41 PM
There is more meat in in a crawfish then a blue crabI agree with you on Blue Crabs, I like them but they are a pain in the ass, give me a plate of King Crab legs all day. I also prefer crawfish to blue crabs, they are easier to eat.

93henfan
September 12th, 2019, 08:42 PM
FYP

I was fortunate enough to have seen Cake in a tiny basement venue in San Diego called SOMA in the mid/late 90s while I was stationed at Camp Pendleton. That was an absolutely incredible show.

POD Knows
September 12th, 2019, 08:47 PM
If you don't get full eating blue crabs, you don't know what you're doing. A lot of people don't know what they're doing. That's why crabcakes exist.You can burn more calories trying to eat them than you get from the actual crabs but they are good.

caribbeanhen
September 12th, 2019, 08:58 PM

you can always try soft shell crabs, you just eat the whole thing no picking

marenlee
September 12th, 2019, 09:56 PM
Interesting tidbit I heard this morning. NBC North Dakota will be controlling the broadcast for cameras even though the game is in Delaware. Interesting how NDSU was able to finagle that. I’m guessing since they have better equipment?

Bisonoline
September 12th, 2019, 10:28 PM

s

Ate their(Grotto) last night. Ahhhhh I probably wouldnt go back.
Had lunch at Amiccis in Little Italy. Great. Then had the best crab cakes Ive ever had at Luna Del Sea.They were also the most expensive Ive ever had also.xlolx But they were worth it.

Bisonoline
September 12th, 2019, 10:34 PM
you can always try soft shell crabs, you just eat the whole thing no picking

I like them also.

BisonFan02
September 12th, 2019, 10:49 PM
Dalessandro's for steaks......

BisonFan02
September 12th, 2019, 10:50 PM
The POD already taunted me with pizza pictures from a place I used to frequent. xlolx

grizband
September 13th, 2019, 01:07 AM
The POD already taunted me with pizza pictures from a place I used to frequent. xlolx
Shame you stopped frequenting Casey's.

POD Knows
September 13th, 2019, 04:28 AM
Dalessandro's for steaks......
Going today hopefully. Will send more taunting pictures.

93henfan
September 13th, 2019, 05:20 AM
I wouldn't recommend Grotto pizza to anyone. It has a crumbly crust (strike one), enough grease on top of the cheese to clog a major artery (strike two), and is laughably thin and unsubstantial and if you don't keep an eye on the slice you're holding, the cheese might slide right off (you're out).

Grotto was originally a pizza stand in Rehoboth that essentially became associated with sun and fun in the minds of the Pennsylvanians and Upstaters who flood my beaches every summer. Grotto decided to expand upstate in the early 90s (if I recall correctly) and was wildly popular upstate as people could get their warm, fuzzy beach memories rekindled in February.

But make no mistake. Their pizza has always been hot garbage.

Gangtackle11
September 13th, 2019, 06:21 AM
You know it’s not going to be much of a game when 95% of this thread has been focused on points of interest & places to eat. xpeacex

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 13th, 2019, 06:30 AM
You know it’s not going to be much of a game when 95% of this thread has been focused on points of interest & places to eat. xpeacex

NDSU run game = Hot knife thru butter

93henfan
September 13th, 2019, 07:03 AM

Are you always an insufferable douchebag, or only in Delaware threads?

I'm hopeful it's just the latter for your sake. I'd hate to go through life like that.

caribbeanhen
September 13th, 2019, 07:26 AM
I wouldn't recommend Grotto pizza to anyone. It has a crumbly crust (strike one), enough grease on top of the cheese to clog a major artery (strike two), and is laughably thin and unsubstantial and if you don't keep an eye on the slice you're holding, the cheese might slide right off (you're out).

Grotto was originally a pizza stand in Rehoboth that essentially became associated with sun and fun in the minds of the Pennsylvanians and Upstaters who flood my beaches every summer. Grotto decided to expand upstate in the early 90s (if I recall correctly) and was wildly popular upstate as people could get their warm, fuzzy beach memories rekindled in February.

But make no mistake. Their pizza has always been hot garbage.

haha, spoken like a whippersnapper Delawarean.....

So Let's give Dominik his due here 93, I mean for serving up "hot garbage" he has done pretty well for himself to the tune of Multi Millionaire.... I mean it's the legendary Taste...haha

He actually came down to the "Boardwalk" from Pennsylvania in the early 60's and started the business on Rehoboth beach

I go way back with Grotto Pizza, back when Dominick used to hand toss and roll the dough for every pizza individually, people used to line up just to watch him make the Pizza much less eat it, I mean Pizza was a novelty
back in those days, and besides where else in Lower Delaware could you see a real live Guido :) the place was a true tourist attraction....

this would of been back in the early 70's when Grotto was still just a seasonal joint.... I remember when I heard they would be opening "Year Round" this was big news to be able to eat at Grotto during the off season.....

By the time I left Delaware in 1981, the original place was booming, and they enlarged the capacity to the next building.... Grotto Pizza was the place to be on Rehoboth Beach....

So I was in the Coast Guard now and traveling to a lot of different places and nothing could touch Grotto, I didn't realize it was so good until I left home.....

so now it's 1990, I'm married and back in Delaware to say Hi to Mom and Dad and show off the wife haha, I say let's go to Grotto Pizza, I'm stunned when Mom announces "it's not any good now".... are you kidding me...
anyway, we go and my wife said it was the best she ever had, but I noticed it was no longer quite the same..... something was a little off.....

and a few years ago we tried it again in Seaford (against Mom's wishes who used to love it) and it was really down hill....... They let it get out of the Box so to speak...

too bad you're to young to remember the original place where the "legenday Taste" was born and has since passed away...

- -

Gangtackle11
September 13th, 2019, 07:41 AM

I'm hopeful it's just the latter for your sake. I'd hate to go through life like that.

Just Delaware threads. Lol. My comment that it won’t be much of a game is probably truthful. Not allowed to say that to Delaware fans. The reaction of their fans to their fall from grace is priceless. xpeacex

cx500d
September 13th, 2019, 07:44 AM

It must only be Delaware threads, he’s generally a good poster.

93henfan
September 13th, 2019, 08:05 AM
- - - Updated - - -

I was just getting the lay of the land. I quit this site during the mass exodus ten years ago when it was run my a deranged meth head who penalized and banned everyone who didn't love Kraftwerk or China. It was a weird time.

Gangtackle11
September 13th, 2019, 08:10 AM

Tbh. I’d like Delaware to show up & play NDSU tough (good for CAA psyche) , but having watched Delaware play Delaware State & Rhody it’s pretty much a pie in a sky comment to say they will. A low % chance, but I guess it could happen.

Maybe it can, but looking at this from an objective standpoint (something some Delaware fans don’t like to do) it’s better that the focus here of food & points of interest than the game itself. Some Delaware fans want to ignore how their team played in the 1st 2 games & think they will play out of their minds against the defending National Champion.

The fact that it comes from a guy who roots for Villanova makes it tough to swallow for Hen fans. You get a little edgy when you haven’t beaten a team that football is an after thought in a long while.

Comes down to the truth hurts. I made a snarky comment about this thread. A NDSU fan says it’s a blowout it’s acceptable. A Nova guy says it & the venom flows. So be it. NDSU 42 Delaware 7.

Delaware proves me wrong great if they don’t then they should just shut up. Find out tomorrow. Either way I’m entitled to my opinion no matter how much some here get butt hurt.. xpeacex

93henfan
September 13th, 2019, 08:15 AM
The fact you have to get involved in every Delaware thread is equivalent to a tell in poker. You appear envious of a program that you spend an inordinate amount of time trying to besmirch.

We at Delaware are very happy that even after nearly a decade of misfortune, we still have a much better crowd, stadium, and gameday atmosphere than Villanova.

Gangtackle11
September 13th, 2019, 08:19 AM
The fact you have to get involved in every Delaware thread is equivalent to a tell in poker. You appear envious of a program that you spend an inordinate amount of time trying to besmirch.

We at Delaware are very happy that even after nearly a decade of misfortune, we still have a much better crowd, facilities, and gameday atmosphere than Villanova.

You do. Can’t deny that. It’s the state’s team for sure. Congrats!

I follow CAA football very closely. I’m in almost every thread about CAA teams not just Delaware BTW.

If winning the Battle of Blue game doesn’t matter then u are very happy. xpeacex

93henfan
September 13th, 2019, 08:28 AM
Honestly, what does it matter? We haven't been to the chipper since 2010 season. Beating Villanova wouldn't change that. And I think Villanova football only really matters to our old fans who remember when Nova was D1 when we were D2. Nova football was a big deal to them.

Now Villanova is just another CAA opponent. I feel more of a rivalry with JMU than Villanova. I'm still pissed about Iosing to them in the 91 playoffs. I honestly don't care at all about Villanova. Villanova has never stopped Delaware from accomplishing anything.

Gangtackle11
September 13th, 2019, 08:30 AM
Honestly, what does it matter? We haven't been to the chipper since 2010 season. Beating Villanova wouldn't change that. And I think Villanova football only really matters to our old fans who remember when Nova was D1 when we were D2. Nova football was a big deal to them.

Now Villanova is just another CAA opponent. I feel more of a rivalry with JMU than Villanova. I'm still pissed about Iosing to them in the 91 playoffs. I honestly don't care at all about Villanova. Villanova has never stopped Delaware from accomplishing anything.

Pretty much no CAA team has for a decade now. xpeacex

centennial
September 13th, 2019, 08:38 AM
I came here for the football talk. What defense does Delaware run? What kind of offense? WR, QB, RB? OLB? Anything?

bluehenbillk
September 13th, 2019, 08:39 AM
You guys will thank us for the Dalessandro's recommendation!

Gangtackle11
September 13th, 2019, 08:51 AM
I came here for the football talk. What defense does Delaware run? What kind of offense? WR, QB, RB? OLB? Anything?

They play a base 3-4 defense.

Changed OC’s this year. More uptempo. Spread with 1 back sets. QB is efficient. Great on good days not so much on lesser days. Have a shifty backup QB who can make u miss. Should see him at some point in game.
Will probably see a lot of their ODU transfer & PSU transfer at RB. WRs are young, but talented. TE has been productive in 1st 2 games.

Defense lost a lot of quality players. Young. I think that’s where NDSU will find success running power at that 3-4.

FG kicking looks like a problem early.

An objective view from a once rival Nova fan who watches a lot of CAA football. xpeacex

Professor Chaos
September 13th, 2019, 08:56 AM
ESPN Gameday reportedly had this game on their short list for possibilities to host the show at. I guess a matchup and unbeaten and ranked teams for Iowa/Iowa St in Ames was too much to pass up.

93henfan
September 13th, 2019, 09:05 AM
ESPN Gameday reportedly had this game on their short list for possibilities to host the show at. I guess a matchup and unbeaten and ranked teams for Iowa/Iowa St in Ames was too much to pass up.

I would find it odd to have GameDay in Newark when we are a rebuilding program playing in a stadium currently under major construction. Come back when our program has righted itself after a decade of neglect from an anti-football University President (Patrick Harker) who is now thankfully long gone.

caribbeanhen
September 13th, 2019, 09:37 AM
They play a base 3-4 defense.

Changed OC’s this year. More uptempo. Spread with 1 back sets. QB is efficient. Great on good days not so much on lesser days. Have a shifty backup QB who can make u miss. Should see him at some point in game.
Will probably see a lot of their ODU transfer & PSU transfer at RB. WRs are young, but talented. TE has been productive in 1st 2 games.

Defense lost a lot of quality players. Young. I think that’s where NDSU will find success running power at that 3-4.

FG kicking looks like a problem early.

An objective view from a once rival Nova fan who watches a lot of CAA football. xpeacex

that was last year, I saw 4-3

Professor Chaos
September 13th, 2019, 09:52 AM
I would find it odd to have GameDay in Newark when we are a rebuilding program playing in a stadium currently under major construction. Come back when our program has righted itself after a decade of neglect from an anti-football University President (Patrick Harker) who is now thankfully long gone.
I'm sure they would've found somewhere different to set up. They seem to like setting up in areas away from the stadium/tailgate. They've been in downtown Fargo both times they were up here which is a good couple miles from the Fargodome/NDSU campus.

OhioHen
September 13th, 2019, 10:13 AM
Anybody else surprised that the line is only NDSU -28.5?

93henfan
September 13th, 2019, 10:25 AM
Anybody else surprised that the line is only NDSU -28.5?

It's NDSU -30 now.

Gangtackle11
September 13th, 2019, 10:29 AM
that was last year, I saw 4-3

Yep saw that in Rhody game....I had the Kardashians on my mind. xpeacex

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 13th, 2019, 11:03 AM
30 points is a big spread on the road.

Bisonoline
September 13th, 2019, 11:52 AM

At Harris crab house right now.

caribbeanhen
September 13th, 2019, 12:31 PM
At Harris crab house right now.

Are you even going to go to the game ?

BisonFan02
September 13th, 2019, 02:28 PM

I've tried to get the POD to go there multiple times. xlolx

dewey
September 13th, 2019, 02:36 PM
It's NDSU -30 now.

Too many points. That is a big spread.

I think it is 31-13 Bison.

Dewey

ursus arctos horribilis
September 13th, 2019, 02:43 PM
3.5 stars on Yelp for Sambo's, I thought about going there and in hindsight, I should have went there. I am thinking about blowing off Philly tomorrow and heading down to Sambo's and give it another try, the wife is not a yuge seafood fan and looked at me funny when I mentioned it. Yelp can suck my dick because the place I ate at today had significantly better reviews on there than Sambo's and it was decent but pretty average.

First thing here POD is that if someone on AGS or CS that you interact with even mildly suggests a local place to you...you go there. You don't f'n check in with Yelp and trip advisor and all the other tourist ****.

Hell when I get a suggestion from someone around here I go if I can cuz the locals outside of some of the Fargo crowd that used to talk up national chains (not you or your boy) let you get the stuff the locals know about which is always better than what some dip**** flying through the area gives you.

Sounds like all you guys are having a great time over on that side of the playground though. Good to see.

BisonFan02
September 13th, 2019, 02:45 PM
First thing here POD is that if someone on AGS or CS that you interact with even mildly suggests a local place to you...you go there. You don't f'n check in with Yelp and trip advisor and all the other tourist ****.

Hell when I get a suggestion from someone around here I go if I can cuz the locals outside of some of the Fargo crowd that used to talk up national chains (not you or your boy) let you get the stuff the locals know about which is always better than what some dip**** flying through the area gives you.

Sounds like all you guys are having a great time over on that side of the playground though. Good to see.

Chain restaurants are the bane of my existence. :D

POD Knows
September 13th, 2019, 02:50 PM
I've tried to get the POD to go there multiple times. xlolx
It was pretty average. Why is the food so freaking bland out here. I must have fried my taste buds with all the spice I use on food back home. I would rate Dalessandros ahead of Pats and Genos but I am just not enamored with that sandwich. I need jalapeños or habanero peppers on the thing or something

ursus arctos horribilis
September 13th, 2019, 03:07 PM
Chain restaurants are the bane of my existence. :D
Thank god, your suggestions are golden brother.

5 years later though and I am still pissed about missing out on the breakfast spot because I did not understand when they were open and closed. I still want to rectify that one.

BisonFan02
September 13th, 2019, 03:08 PM

5 years later though and I am still pissed about missing out on the breakfast spot because I did not understand when they were open and closed. I still want to rectify that one.

The place changed hands but it is still good. It's now called "Deaners Diner"

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 13th, 2019, 03:11 PM
30 points is a big spread on the road.

Watching UD highlights, that probably is about right for a spread.

Rhode Island passed for over 400 on UD. Trey Lance could have a monster day both passing and running.

Henny
September 13th, 2019, 03:16 PM

Rhode Island passed for over 400 on UD. Trey Lance could have a monster day both passing and running.

He might just throw for 600 and run for 600,,, why not? LOL!!!

POD Knows
September 13th, 2019, 03:24 PM

Agree and disagree I have seen some completely stupid eating place recommendations from AGS and Bisonville people for Fargo. There have been places suggested in Fargo that are complete garbage. I should have listened on the seafood place. I ****ed that one up. I mean, the food was good at the one we visited but not great.

POD Knows
September 13th, 2019, 03:28 PM

The Shack on north Broadway in Fargo has the best breakfast in town. It is way north on Broadway.

BisonFan02
September 13th, 2019, 04:22 PM
The Shack on north Broadway in Fargo has the best breakfast in town. It is way north on Broadway.

The lunch at the old TNT/Deaners is what I recommend anyway....hot Turkey FTW

Bison56
September 13th, 2019, 04:37 PM

Cajun cafe has the best biscuits and gravy.

Bisonoline
September 13th, 2019, 04:42 PM
Are you even going to go to the game ?

Sure. After that we are going to Malins Deli.

That Harris Crab House was something else. All you can eat crab 32.00 The rest of the menu looked great as well.

93henfan
September 13th, 2019, 04:58 PM
Sure. After that we are going to Malins Deli.

That Harris Crab House was something else. All you can eat crab 32.00 The rest of the menu looked great as well.

I missed that part of the thread. Did you go to Harris down at Kent Narrows? That place indeed rocks. By the way, I park my car just on the on other side of the Narrows right there, next to the big Boatel in the park and ride lot. I catch MTA commuter bus # 250 all the way into downtown DC from there.

Ivytalk
September 13th, 2019, 05:10 PM
Tired of looking at your Notre Dame and Boston College rejection letters, Gangbanger?xcoffeex

POD Knows
September 13th, 2019, 05:16 PM
The lunch at the old TNT/Deaners is what I recommend anyway....hot Turkey FTW
Oh yea, the hot turkey sandwich was bitchin.

93henfan
September 13th, 2019, 05:24 PM
Tired of looking at your Notre Dame and Boston College rejection letters, Gangbanger?xcoffeex

https://media1.tenor.com/images/b85c382d8207ede978885f594fb88464/tenor.gif?itemid=5695067

Bisonoline
September 13th, 2019, 05:30 PM
I missed that part of the thread. Did you go to Harris down at Kent Narrows? That place indeed rocks. By the way, I park my car just on the on other side of the Narrows right there, next to the big Boatel in the park and ride lot. I catch MTA commuter bus # 250 all the way into downtown DC from there.

The narrows. Great food.

cx500d
September 13th, 2019, 05:33 PM
Picked up Winterborn at DCA, we are having a beer at an outside bar in Alexandria

93henfan
September 13th, 2019, 05:39 PM
Picked up Winterborn at DCA, we are having a beer at an outside bar in Alexandria

Are you all headed to the tailgate behind left field tomorrow? I need to meet Winterborn, as I'm much more active on ChampionshipSubdivision.com and he posts regularly there.

I believe it was mentioned earlier. Ivytalk and I are heading up from Slower Delaware and plan to hit up the bison tailgate around 10:30.

Here's a recent picture of us for reference. We look like the typical Delaware fans (or in this case Harvard and Delaware fans):

https://alchetron.com/cdn/statler-and-waldorf-0ee2c120-ad2d-474e-af86-6d2a537adf4-resize-750.jpg

ursus arctos horribilis
September 13th, 2019, 06:03 PM
Agree and disagree I have seen some completely stupid eating place recommendations from AGS and Bisonville people for Fargo. There have been places suggested in Fargo that are complete garbage. I should have listened on the seafood place. I ****ed that one up. I mean, the food was good at the one we visited but not great.

I don't think we disagree. xlolx I said other than you and your boy I have seen some of what you just said there from some of the others in your crowd. I saw it quite a bit in years previous to us coming to your place and when we were coming I stated right out of the gate that anybody with BWW as a suggestion should just keep to themselves as I would not be taking their suggestions. Your boy took care of real well on that end of things.xthumbsupx

ursus arctos horribilis
September 13th, 2019, 06:10 PM
Are you all headed to the tailgate behind left field tomorrow? I need to meet Winterborn, as I'm much more active on ChampionshipSubdivision.com and he posts regularly there.

I believe it was mentioned earlier. Ivytalk and I are heading up from Slower Delaware and plan to hit up the bison tailgate around 10:30.

Here's a recent picture of us for reference. We look like the typical Delaware fans (or in this case Harvard and Delaware fans):

https://alchetron.com/cdn/statler-and-waldorf-0ee2c120-ad2d-474e-af86-6d2a537adf4-resize-750.jpg

That's a picture from a decade ago! Swipe left Bison fans, swipe left.

caribbeanhen
September 13th, 2019, 06:49 PM

Well Rhode Island Does have a pretty good passing game, And besides the bison have nothing close to Aaron Parker at wide receiver

edit - forgot to add I’m having an ice cream at the grocery store Ha

93henfan
September 13th, 2019, 07:59 PM
Here's gameday email information for anyone not on UD's mailing list: https://mailchi.mp/udel.edu/gameday-central-1541005?e=e031f46196
(https://mailchi.mp/udel.edu/gameday-central-1541005?e=e031f46196)
Here's the full website: https://bluehens.com/feature/gameday

Bisonoline
September 13th, 2019, 08:26 PM
Oh yea, the hot turkey sandwich was bitchin.

Thursday---Swedish Meatballs!!!

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 13th, 2019, 08:30 PM
Well Rhode Island Does have a pretty good passing game, And besides the bison have nothing close to Aaron Parker at wide receiver

edit - forgot to add I’m having an ice cream at the grocery store Ha

NDSU's TEs are a huge talent pool this year. Expect TDs from them.

Bisonoline
September 13th, 2019, 08:40 PM

^^^^^^^^^^^^
Truth

caribbeanhen
September 13th, 2019, 09:23 PM
NDSU's TEs are a huge talent pool this year. Expect TDs from them.

Delaware has a pretty good one, Sophmore Bryce De Maille

On Defense, player to watch is #29 Noah "The Biblical Hitman" Plack..... this freshman likes to hit

BisonFan02
September 13th, 2019, 09:38 PM
I don't think we disagree. xlolx I said other than you and your boy I have seen some of what you just said there from some of the others in your crowd. I saw it quite a bit in years previous to us coming to your place and when we were coming I stated right out of the gate that anybody with BWW as a suggestion should just keep to themselves as I would not be taking their suggestions. Your boy took care of real well on that end of things.xthumbsupx

I understood my target audience....it was unfortunate that Grizo died. Poor feller.

ming01
September 13th, 2019, 09:58 PM
Lettts goooooooo

MR. CHICKEN
September 13th, 2019, 10:14 PM
Lettts goooooooo

..........GETTIN' NERVOUS....FARGO?............BRAWK!

cx500d
September 13th, 2019, 10:55 PM
..........GETTIN' NERVOUS....FARGO?............BRAWK!
Are you coming to the game Mr. Chicken? Are you going to stop over in the Bizon sovereign tailgate space?

MR. CHICKEN
September 13th, 2019, 11:17 PM
......SEASON TIX....SINCE 1986....OCCASIONAL GAMES......B/4 DAT..........BRAWK!

POD Knows
September 14th, 2019, 06:03 AM
Wakey wakey, eggs and bakey, it is Gameday bitches.

caribbeanhen
September 14th, 2019, 06:06 AM
Wakey wakey, eggs and bakey, it is Gameday bitches.

scrapple

POD Knows
September 14th, 2019, 06:15 AM
scrapple
FMP. Wakey wakey, eggs and scrappley

93henfan
September 14th, 2019, 06:39 AM
Scrapple is one of those delicacies that you enjoy and ensure that you never read about how it's made or what from.

As a kid growing up on a farm with pigs, I have seen it made from the slug in Mr. Piggy's skull at 3am to the old ladies at the slaughterhouse sterile boiling the meats by 3pm. I was desensitized early.

And I love me some properly prepared scrapple:. crispy on the outside and soft on the inside.