PDA

View Full Version : Patriot League Week 2

DFW HOYA
September 2nd, 2019, 09:14 AM
This week's games. While unlikely, an 0-6 finish is not out of the question.

Marist (0-0) at Georgetown (0-1)
Lafayette (0-1) at Monmouth (0-1)
New Hampshire (0-0) at Holy Cross (0-1)
Fordham (0-1) at Ball State (0-1)
Lehigh (0-1) at Villanova (1-0)
Bucknell (0-1) at Sacred Heart (0-1)
Colgate (0-2) is idle.

bonarae
September 2nd, 2019, 09:41 AM
Unfortunately, this will probably shape up as the worst ever OOC season in PL history.

Georgetown - more likely a toss-up now
Monmouth
UNH
Ball State
Villanova
Bucknell - toss-up?

TheValleyRaider
September 2nd, 2019, 05:33 PM
About as bad as it gets for the League last week. Unfortunately much of it was predictable, but a few other losses knocked me down a peg. 4-4 though the first full week.

Marist at Georgetown Georgetown Tough start for the Hoyas, falling behind against Davidson. Not really sure where the Red Foxes fit with Davidson in the Pioneer pecking order, but I'm guessing the Hoyas bounce back at home. Recent history, though, favors the road team in this series.

Lafayette at Monmouth Monmouth Has Lafayette taken the spot formerly occupied by Georgetown where I try not to sound too negative about a team I have little faith in? Maybe, though this matchup doesn't help. The Hawks have designs on a playoff birth, which certainly seems ahead of where the Leopards are now.

New Hampshire at Holy Cross New Hampshire You can't really learn anything from an FBS matchup like the Crusaders had with Navy, so this will be a more interesting barometer of Chesney Year 2. Having a game under their belts will probably help HC in the Wildcats' debut, but how much? I want to be more optimistic like with the Hoya pick, but facing a CAA opponent is a little different.

Fordham at Ball State Ball State Tough loss for the Rams to open the season, though I suppose you can take some optimism from being close to an NEC contender (given where Fordham has been the last couple of years). We'll see how Fordham follows it up, though this is not the week to learn too much. I repeat, FBS games won't tell us much overall, but this is not the Fordham team that has recent FBS wins to suggest this one is possible.

Lehigh at Villanova Villanova I'm surprised the Cats aren't getting more love after their Week 0 victory. They were torn apart by injuries, but a healthy Villanova is a playoff team. Lehigh actually put together a credible defensive performance, and when was the last time you could say that? The offense struggled to score though, which will not serve them well against a good defense. UC Davis looms next week, so, umm, yikes.

Bucknell at Sacred Heart Sacred Heart Hard to read much into the Bison performance against a good Temple team (best FBS opponent seen last week). Will be curious if the step-down in defensive skill helps the Bison get some semblance of offense going. SHU got a big win in Lewisburg last year, and while I'll be rooting for Bucknell, I need to see to believe.

RichH2
September 2nd, 2019, 06:50 PM
Hoyas
Monmouth
UNH
Ball St
Nova
SHU
Relying on Hoyas to avoid a sweep.smh

aceinthehole
September 2nd, 2019, 07:34 PM
Early lines (5Dimes) has the PL as big underdogs:

Ball State (-26) vs. Fordham
Villanova (-24.5) vs. Lehigh
Sacred Heart (-17) vs. Bucknell
Monmouth (-14.5) vs. Lafayette
Holy Cross (+7.5) vs. UNH

The lone favorite: Georgetown (-4) vs. Marist

ngineer
September 2nd, 2019, 08:13 PM
Hoyas do not get a laugh from the Redd Foxes, but they manage to squeak by. 21-19

Leotards showed some life at W&M only to be picked apart in the second half. Something to build one with new QB's but not enough fire power for Monmouth, MU 31-17

UNH not Navy, but more than what the Crusaders can handle. UNH 27-17.

Rams heading west for a ball? Like to be waltzed out by their Willys. 35-20.

Lehigh showed a reinvigorated defense, but the hunt for an offense will go on. A banged up OL makes matters worse. Defense is spirited, but they can't be on the field all the time. 'nova coming off a bye should be prepped and refreshed for their home opener. No welcome mat on the Main Line. Wildcats open it up in the second half, 31-10.

Bucky faces a game that typically would be called a toss-up. But SHU won last year and will be expecting to win this year. SHU won't be BU's Valentine, 32-20

Colgate a well-deserved time out to lick wounds.

Ivytalk
September 2nd, 2019, 09:35 PM
Marist
Monmouth
UNH
Ball State
Nova
Sacre Coeur

Lehigh Football Nation
September 4th, 2019, 03:07 PM
Early lines (5Dimes) has the PL as big underdogs:

Ball State (-26) vs. Fordham
Villanova (-24.5) vs. Lehigh
Sacred Heart (-17) vs. Bucknell
Monmouth (-14.5) vs. Lafayette
Holy Cross (+7.5) vs. UNH

The lone favorite: Georgetown (-4) vs. Marist

I'm not a betting man, but man, Bucknell +17 against Sacred Heart....

ngineer
September 5th, 2019, 11:36 AM
I'm not a betting man, but man, Bucknell +17 against Sacred Heart....

Yes, I would think Cecchini gets them closer than that. SHU by 7-10, imo.

Leopard Loyalist
September 6th, 2019, 06:25 PM
Interest seems low. I wonder why,,,,,,,?

Marist (0-0) at Georgetown (0-1)
Lafayette (0-1) at Monmouth (0-1)
New Hampshire (0-0) at Holy Cross (0-1)
Fordham (0-1) at Ball State (0-1)
Lehigh (0-1) at Villanova (1-0)
Bucknell (0-1) at Sacred Heart (0-1)