PDA

View Full Version : Gridirion Classic Agreement Expires This Year

Model Citizen
May 2nd, 2007, 11:49 AM
In 2008, will the PFL and NEC have teams in a postseason game?

BobbyMo
May 2nd, 2007, 12:37 PM
I would like to see it happen. I think there is a chance either league could get an at-large bid, but would probably take a dominating conference performance and a very respectable, if not great OOC schedule.

Model Citizen
May 2nd, 2007, 02:47 PM
Aside from the playoffs, is anything being planned? I could see something like the Gridiron Classic continuing, although there apparently won't be a PFL-NEC matchup after this year.

DetroitFlyer
May 2nd, 2007, 02:53 PM
I'm sure this will be a topic at Patty V's, non-scholarship, fantasy conference this summer.xrolleyesx

PantherRob82
May 2nd, 2007, 06:18 PM
I'd like to see it continue. Gives each team a game against a stronger opponent to build on for the next year.

GeauxColonels
May 2nd, 2007, 06:22 PM
I would like to see it happen. I think there is a chance either league could get an at-large bid, but would probably take a dominating conference performance and a very respectable, if not great OOC schedule.
I know this is WAYYYY off topic...but what helmet is that in your avatar?

BobbyMo
May 2nd, 2007, 06:49 PM
I know this is WAYYYY off topic...but what helmet is that in your avatar?

Its Juniata College. In Huntingdon, PA. I went there for undergrad. It is D3. I was actually gonna ask you if you could make a bar for me :)

GO EAGLES

UNHWildCats
May 2nd, 2007, 06:53 PM
there gonna need to drastically improve there schedules.

BobbyMo
May 2nd, 2007, 07:02 PM
there gonna need to drastically improve there schedules.

Who do you mean? I think some NEC schools have a good enough schedule currently if they go 11-0 to make the playoffs. Albany, Monmouth, and CCSU should get in IF they were to go 11-0. I would also think Albany could lose a OOC game, go 10-1 and still should get in or at least a very hard look.

rmutv
May 2nd, 2007, 07:37 PM
Who do you mean? I think some NEC schools have a good enough schedule currently if they go 11-0 to make the playoffs. Albany, Monmouth, and CCSU should get in IF they were to go 11-0. I would also think Albany could lose a OOC game, go 10-1 and still should get in or at least a very hard look.

Well, CCSU won't go 11-0, unless they pull off the upset of the year and upend FBS Western Michigan. xlolx

But you're right. The top four teams in the NEC - Monmouth, Albany, CCSU, and RMU - could get in with extremely good records. I think RMU has to go 10-0 to get a look and even then it might be tough.

BobbyMo
May 2nd, 2007, 08:01 PM
Well, CCSU won't go 11-0, unless they pull off the upset of the year and upend FBS Western Michigan. xlolx

But you're right. The top four teams in the NEC - Monmouth, Albany, CCSU, and RMU - could get in with extremely good records. I think RMU has to go 10-0 to get a look and even then it might be tough.

Yeah, I do not think it is very likely for anyone to go 11-0, 10-0 but i really think that is probably what it takes for just about everyone except maybe Albany.

I didnt want to be a huge homer with RMU, but i think if they were to go 10-0 they would be worth a look. But then again, that depends on how Albany, CCSU, Mounmonth, everyone else does with their OOC games.

danefan
May 3rd, 2007, 08:34 AM
I am not a fan of the NEC's participation in the Gridiron Classic. Playoffs or go home for Thanksgiving. You want to be big-time, play with the same consequences that the rest of the FCS teams play with. Just my 2 cents though.

DetroitFlyer
May 3rd, 2007, 09:12 AM
The lion's share of FCS has a legitimate shot of actually going to the playoffs every year. At least 8 conferences know for sure that one of their teams will be going.... The NEC agreed to the Gridiron Classic out of pure frustration. I would not be suprised if the thinking was play in the Gridiron Classic or sue the NCAA.... Taking on the NCAA is not exactly an easy thing to do, so the NEC continues to complain, with the hope that the NCAA will do something one day. If the NCAA would do the right thing by expanding the playoffs and providing more autobids, the discussion about nonsense like useless bowl games would vanish.

Seahawks Fan
May 3rd, 2007, 10:34 AM
Aside from the playoffs, is anything being planned? I could see something like the Gridiron Classic continuing, although there apparently won't be a PFL-NEC matchup after this year.

Why do you say that? I haven't read anything that the PFL has decided not to renew it.

Model Citizen
May 3rd, 2007, 11:47 AM
The NEC and PFL signed a two-year contract. Simple as that.

UNHWildCats
May 3rd, 2007, 12:21 PM
OK lets try this...

Pioneer = DRASTICALLY IMPROVE SCHEDULES

NORTHEAST = Not So Much oN the overkill... and CCSU with 2 sub Div I schools agh!

Seahawks Fan
May 3rd, 2007, 01:00 PM
The NEC and PFL signed a two-year contract. Simple as that.

Contracts can be renewed. I don't think it is that apparent that the matchup is over.

Model Citizen
May 3rd, 2007, 02:46 PM
You're right, but it takes two to tango. There are reasons the agreement was for only a couple of years. I guess we'll see what happens.