PDA

View Full Version : What did you learn about your team week 1?

BEAR
September 1st, 2019, 07:43 PM
UCA- They are better than I thought. Especially against an FBS first game of the year. Got to get the jitters out of the way. We always start slow. It's a tradition apparently. xlolx

Coaching: Brown made changes to his game plan when he saw our running game struggling. Plus the players conditioning had the Hilltoppers holding their hips early in the third quarter according to the tv guy.

Offense- UCA's pass game against WKU was tough to stop. QB Breylin Smith completed 72% of his passes for 328 yards and 3 TDs. WR Winningham had 222 yards receiving and 3 TDs. We didn't even use our SEC transfers or some of our returning WRs. That was great to see. Our running game needs work but that's not unusual for us. So we are building our depth at WR and saving the running game backups for conference play.

Defense- Had an issue early stopping the run. But that might have been nerves and maybe also the fact we lost an all- American dlineman and had a bit of loss due to graduation. Either way adjustments were made and WKU had trouble scoring. Pass defense was solid. Yeah they gave up yards between the 20s but red zone stops were nice to see. Hard to stop a 6'4" QB falling forward from the 1 yard line. xlolx

Overall: Many road games this year. Might be tough for such a young team. But I think we will have a pretty good record and fans will be happy with the effort. We'll see as the year goes if we can adjust to the different styles of play found in the SLC.

What are your thoughts about your team?

WestCoastAggie
September 1st, 2019, 08:03 PM
NCAT Aggies: The Aggies continue to "Do Chicken." They held Elon to 92 yards total rushing yards, controlled TOS and out-gained Elon on offense 326 to 221. The Aggies controlled the game for the most part except for a few possessions. If it wasn't for the funky kicking situations in the 2nd half, the game would've been 27 to 21. Honestly, the Aggies left 13 points on the field.

NCAT controlled both lines of scrimmage and looked impressive against a CAA playoff team from a year ago.

They do need to clean up their blocking on special teams as those new rules regarding blindside blocks will be something to watch.

Overall: As long as the Aggies play within themselves and don't make stupid personal foul penalties, 10-1 is a clear possibility.

SFA 93
September 1st, 2019, 08:22 PM
Better organized, didn't look lost, great new schemes, only 4 penalties.

I'm seeing what can be with this team, just going to take time for our young players (played 18 true freshmen) to get their bearings, but this coaching staff knows what they are doing and the Jacks will be a contender in a season or two.

We had several key players out for the first game, so didn't get a true reading.

Here is a good read about it.

https://sfasawmill.com/s/537/what-we-learned-sfa-falls-at-baylor

SonuvaHenx2
September 1st, 2019, 08:57 PM
Our kicking is atrocious xcoolx

NDSUtk
September 1st, 2019, 08:58 PM
Better organized, didn't look lost, great new schemes, only 4 penalties.

I'm seeing what can be with this team, just going to take time for our young players (played 18 true freshmen) to get their bearings, but this coaching staff knows what they are doing and the Jacks will be a contender in a season or two.

We had several key players out for the first game, so didn't get a true reading.Wow, 18 true freshmen. That's a lot! Did any start?

SUPharmacist
September 1st, 2019, 09:02 PM
Withholding judgement until a better opponent, but it was a fun start and enjoyed the party in Minneapolis.

McNeese75
September 1st, 2019, 09:04 PM
Decent defense but giving up 16 penalties for 177 yards is going to lose a lot of games. They did help create 5 turnovers so that was the difference this week.

The offense is probably not going to be productive enough. The new coaching staff needs another year to bring in the personnel needed IMO.

After one week I will be surprised if McNeese wins 50% of their games. BUT, it is the Southland and any given Saturday.

Pokes vs Pokes in Stillwater this week. Legalized homicide. xcoolx

Cocky
September 1st, 2019, 09:07 PM
We pretty much suck.
We will be a top 8 seed and get our asses kicked at home in the first round.
Everyone is hoping to draw JSU in the playoffs

Schism55
September 1st, 2019, 09:17 PM
Decent defense but giving up 16 penalties for 177 yards is going to lose a lot of games. They did help create 5 turnovers so that was the difference this week.

The offense is probably not going to be productive enough. The new coaching staff needs another year to bring in the personnel needed IMO.

After one week I will be surprised if McNeese wins 50% of their games. BUT, it is the Southland and any given Saturday.

You guys trying to be the '76 Raiders?! xeyebrowx

SFA 93
September 1st, 2019, 09:19 PM
Wow, 18 true freshmen. That's a lot! Did any start?

2 started

Coach Carthel lost 30 players (quit, transferred) when he came in.

This is the very definition of building a team from the ground up.

JSUSoutherner
September 1st, 2019, 09:31 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190902/4f259a4446aea19e05fb16633468f74d.gif

Sent from my Galaxy S9+ using Tapatalk

McNeese75
September 1st, 2019, 09:33 PM

More like the 2018 team

ST_Lawson
September 1st, 2019, 09:35 PM
https://i.imgur.com/THzUmSo.gif

TheKingpin28
September 1st, 2019, 09:38 PM

I was unaware that Forgottonia had a skyline. xcoffeex

ST_Lawson
September 1st, 2019, 09:43 PM

Nope...got a couple of stupid-tall dorms though.

Just to be clear, not suicidal, just disappointed and I get the feeling it's going to be a VERY long season (even though it'll be over before Thanksgiving).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Derby City Duke
September 1st, 2019, 09:49 PM
My observations, based on watching about 1/2 our game with West Virginia:

Our defensive front 7 is pretty darn good. Totally shut down West Virginia's run game (though with Neal Brown's scheme, the run is often window dressing), holding them to 34 yds (1.4 ypc). Tired late and couldn't get to the QB and it cost us. We rushed for 170+ for the game.

Special teams were crappy. Muffed punt return, no PR yardage, and a blocked FG attempt.

DiNucci looked in post-season form; after escaping pressure, decided it was a good idea to float a pass inside the numbers where there were not 1, not 2, but 3 WV defenders. Should've thrown it into the 3rd row; instead threw a horrendous interception. Three plays later, WVU iced the game.

You can throw crossing patterns all day against our defense. WV was able to get its receivers the ball in space with minimal resistance. Thought maybe there'd be an adjustment at halftime. First play of the 2nd half? Crossing pattern good for 41 yards.

Thought I was watching an old Mickey Matthews-coached Dukes team vs. an FBS opponent -- play close to the vest, run a lot, and get out of town without getting too beat up physically.

lionsrking2
September 1st, 2019, 10:36 PM
I learned we're athletic, have speed on both sides of the ball, much improved on the offensive and defensive lines, and have two QBs we can with with. And Lance Guidry can coach up a defense. We'll see how the rest of the season plays out.

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 1st, 2019, 10:51 PM

Nailed it! Lehigh is officially in the dumps....

PaladinNation
September 1st, 2019, 10:51 PM
Furman looked crisp.
Offensive line lived up to the pre-season hype.
Furman will rotate centers, true freshman Evan Jumper split time with veteran Cole Neeley.
Tailback Devin Wynn has gotten bigger (203) and ran with authority, broke a lot of tackles.
Freshman Wayne Anderson, Jr is going to be another great Furman tailback.
Grainger had a great first start, played a clean game, showed a big arm, was elusive running, only negative overshot two deep balls.
Furman's fullbacks are good, Maples a 235 pound fullback ran 66 yards up the gut of the Bucs D for a TD.
Defense played well most of the game but CSU's air raid no huddle was effective at times. Had 5 sacks against the Bucs.
Furman had 31 players make a tackle, Furman appears to have a much deeper bench.
I think a few freshmen on defense could earn themselves a starting role by the start of SoCon season.
Game ball goes to the offensive line.

FUBeAR
September 1st, 2019, 11:27 PM
Since PaladinNation handled FU, I'll do Mercer...

Learned that...

* If SO WR/KR, David Durden, is not the best Player in the SoCon (which he may very well be), he is definitely the most fun to watch/listen to during a game. Sideline passes are CLUTCH! Mercer should mic him up for an entire game and have an iso cam on him. Young man loves to play the game of Football, never stops talking, laughing, and joking AND goes testicles out every play - Offense and Special Teams / whether he has the ball in his hands or not. If you get a chance to watch a Mercer game live, iso on #13 for the Bears. You won't be disappointed.

* The S&C Coach Mercer hired away from GaSou in the Spring was worth whatever the investment was - lots of different looking (much improved) bodies on the field for the Bears last night.

* FR DE Solomon Zubairu will be FR All SoCon this season, barring injury, and FUBeAR didn't even ID him as an impact Freshman for Mercer this year. Around the ball all night.

* Malique Fleming - in whatever position he's now playing for Mercer (hybrid LB/DB, but more of an LB...and his body looks like it) will cause some SoCon OC's sleepless nights this Fall

* Looks like Mercer may miss the Ancient Aussie, Punter, Matt Shiel, this year....quite a bit. Need to see a bit more field control from the trigger man - though the coverage was solid - except Freshmen should be taught you just can't run over & destroy the Returner 3 seconds BEFORE the ball arrives. I'm sure they'll work on that.

* Chicks dig the long ball...
* David Durden return 82 yards to the WCU18
* Tucker Cannon return 38 yards to the WCU37
* Robert Riddle pass complete to David Durden for 32 yards, TOUCHDOWN
* Robert Riddle pass complete to Tucker Cannon for 85 yards, TOUCHDOWN
* Deondre Johnson rush for 64 yards, TOUCHDOWN
* Robert Riddle pass complete to David Durden for 63 yards to the WCU1, 1ST DOWN MER
* Tyray Devezin rush for 38 yards, TOUCHDOWN

McNeese72
September 1st, 2019, 11:58 PM

I honestly thought we would lose this game. The offense is still not very strong. Defense looked decent for most of the game but if we keep losing DB's to injuries, we are going to be in trouble. I got a feeling this season will be similar to basketball. Not very good but with hope for future seasons on the horizon.

I just hope the officiating gets better than this game. It was terrible.

Now, on to Stillwater to get slaughtered and then collect our check and get home. I just hope we play better against Alcorn St.

Doc

lionsrking2
September 2nd, 2019, 12:25 AM
I honestly thought we would lose this game. The offense is still not very strong. Defense looked decent for most of the game but if we keep losing DB's to injuries, we are going to be in trouble. I got a feeling this season will be similar to basketball. Not very good but with hope for future seasons on the horizon.

I just hope the officiating gets better than this game. It was terrible.

Now, on to Stillwater to get slaughtered and then collect our check and get home. I just hope we play better against Alcorn St.

Doc

I thought you guys looked pretty good considering a new staff and new scheme. Better than I thought to be honest. You'll be rolling by the time we get to town.

BisonTru
September 2nd, 2019, 01:54 AM
Nothing. We played a basketball school on a baseball field. :)

tierre
September 2nd, 2019, 03:24 AM
Our Front 7 looks pretty good against an FBS school (USM). Anytime an FBS school is held to less than 100 yards rushing in a game that is good. I feel that our secondary needs alittle work. Our special teams needs a complete overhaul. Last year we had 4 KO/PR took to the house against us. USM took a kickoff and a punt return to the house.

caribbeanhen
September 2nd, 2019, 04:25 AM
Since PaladinNation handled FU, I'll do Mercer...

Learned that...

* If SO WR/KR, David Durden, is not the best Player in the SoCon (which he may very well be), he is definitely the most fun to watch/listen to during a game. Sideline passes are CLUTCH! Mercer should mic him up for an entire game and have an iso cam on him. Young man loves to play the game of Football, never stops talking, laughing, and joking AND goes testicles out every play - Offense and Special Teams / whether he has the ball in his hands or not. If you get a chance to watch a Mercer game live, iso on #13 for the Bears. You won't be disappointed.

* The S&C Coach Mercer hired away from GaSou in the Spring was worth whatever the investment was - lots of different looking (much improved) bodies on the field for the Bears last night.

* FR DE Solomon Zubairu will be FR All SoCon this season, barring injury, and FUBeAR didn't even ID him as an impact Freshman for Mercer this year. Around the ball all night.

* Malique Fleming - in whatever position he's now playing for Mercer (hybrid LB/DB, but more of an LB...and his body looks like it) will cause some SoCon OC's sleepless nights this Fall

* Looks like Mercer may miss the Ancient Aussie, Punter, Matt Shiel, this year....quite a bit. Need to see a bit more field control from the trigger man - though the coverage was solid - except Freshmen should be taught you just can't run over & destroy the Returner 3 seconds BEFORE the ball arrives. I'm sure they'll work on that.

* Chicks dig the long ball...
* David Durden return 82 yards to the WCU18
* Tucker Cannon return 38 yards to the WCU37
* Robert Riddle pass complete to David Durden for 32 yards, TOUCHDOWN
* Robert Riddle pass complete to Tucker Cannon for 85 yards, TOUCHDOWN
* Deondre Johnson rush for 64 yards, TOUCHDOWN
* Robert Riddle pass complete to David Durden for 63 yards to the WCU1, 1ST DOWN MER
* Tyray Devezin rush for 38 yards, TOUCHDOWN

thanks for pointing Durden out, kid looks iike everything you said, I was thinking he was a Matt Szczur type and sure enough he played minor league baseball for a bit

mvemjsunpx
September 2nd, 2019, 05:06 AM
Montana

- Very few FCS teams will be capable of shutting down Montana's receiving corps. Opposing defensive coordinators should probably focus on frustrating/confusing/hitting Dalton Sneed, because they won't be able to take the WRs away.

- Sneed played quite well against USD, but he still gambles too much in situations that don't call for it.

- Marcus Knight is a better RB than Adam Eastwood. I'm not trying to be insulting here, but I don't see how Eastwood originally got a scholarship at a good Mountain West program.

- The Griz D-Line/pass rush is iffy (only 1 sack against SoDak's patchwork O-Line). That's not a good situation to be in when playing in the Big Sky.

Other Observations

- South Dakota made some questionable coaching decisions. First, they stacked up against the run quite a bit even when they were getting torched through the air. Those 4th. down decisions were also stupid. They got away with the 4th. & 4 one because the Griz didn't cover well, but the decision to go for it on 4th. & 6 from the 7 was just mental. This kinda mirrors last year's opener where UNI likely would've completed the comeback in Missoula if not for some bad clock management & timeout decisions by Mark Farley.

- I know the Dakota Dome was half closed due to the construction, but the crowd sounded pretty tepid over the TV. Was it actually that quiet?

PaladinFan
September 2nd, 2019, 07:39 AM
Furman looked crisp.
Offensive line lived up to the pre-season hype.
Furman will rotate centers, true freshman Evan Jumper split time with veteran Cole Neeley.
Tailback Devin Wynn has gotten bigger (203) and ran with authority, broke a lot of tackles.
Freshman Wayne Anderson, Jr is going to be another great Furman tailback.
Grainger had a great first start, played a clean game, showed a big arm, was elusive running, only negative overshot two deep balls.
Furman's fullbacks are good, Maples a 235 pound fullback ran 66 yards up the gut of the Bucs D for a TD.
Defense played well most of the game but CSU's air raid no huddle was effective at times. Had 5 sacks against the Bucs.
Furman had 31 players make a tackle, Furman appears to have a much deeper bench.
I think a few freshmen on defense could earn themselves a starting role by the start of SoCon season.
Game ball goes to the offensive line.

Devin Wynn looks like a linebacker and runs like a wide receiver.

Catatonic
September 2nd, 2019, 09:16 AM
ACU’s kick coverage sucked last year. On Saturday I learned the suckage is still strong. 14 of North Texas’ points came as a direct result of coverage breakdowns.

JacksFan40
September 2nd, 2019, 09:19 AM
That we still can’t win big games.

jmu007
September 2nd, 2019, 09:24 AM
JMU Observations by jmu007

Offensive line and defensive line are strength of team. Very impressed by offensive running game vs WVU’s defensive front.

I agree with derby city that the passing game needs work, but I think that was more of a product of playing a Big 12 team and will correct itself with time and returning to more level competition (FCS).

Same logic with defense of underneath routes reference by Derby. I think that was more just a product of trying to limit WVU over the top which work for all but 2 plays.

Overall: I’m higher on JMU post WVU than I was going in. Run game will be more like 2016 than 2018 which will open up the passing game. Solid War corps which I think will be led by Penn st transfer Polk who looked great vs WVU. I expect no less than a seed going into the playoffs out of this team.

SU DOG
September 2nd, 2019, 10:01 AM
That Samford has a defense that teams run through like poop through a goose. Also, that our 2nd string bench warmer QB, who didn't start either of our first 2 games, may just be an all conference type of player - how brilliant is that?

JMUNJ08
September 2nd, 2019, 10:10 AM
JMU Observations by jmu007

Offensive line and defensive line are strength of team. Very impressed by offensive running game vs WVU’s defensive front.

I agree with derby city that the passing game needs work, but I think that was more of a product of playing a Big 12 team and will correct itself with time and returning to more even completion (FCS).

Same logic with defense of underneath routes reference by Derby. I think that was more just a product of trying to limit WVU over the top which work for all but 2 plays.

Overall: I’m higher on JMU post WVU than I was going in. Run game will be more like 2016 than 2018 which will open up the passing game. Solid War corps which I think will be led by Penn st transfer Polk who looked great vs WVU. I expect no less than a seed going into the playoffs out of this team.

Agreed on the above. All 4 RBs looked good and it was more consistent with the run game than last year. Percy coughing up the ball was upsetting (I'm high on him) but all 4 could be a workhorse during the season.

Seed is the thought, but how high and how deep in the playoffs depends on Nooch. He had me out of my seat for some great decisions then had me flashing back to UNH/ Colgate on others. If he does not cut those down, we cannot make it past the semi's...

Carter is going to eat people alive along the DL. The rest of the group is going to benefit as well from others watching tape of this game. No real weak spot to focus on.

Mike296
September 2nd, 2019, 10:28 AM
Austin Peay Observations:

-We beat a team we should have easily beat and we did it handily.

-We have some good players at skill positions that look to do good this year.

- Defense may be suspect against better teams as on a few occasions against NCCU we looked to be struggling.

-Offense looked to be pretty solid and could be one of the best in the OVC if they are at their best on any given week.

-Coaching transition seems to have worked out ok so far but I’m holding my breath until we actually hit the heart of our schedule.

Wildcat1997
September 2nd, 2019, 10:47 AM
ACU’s kick coverage sucked last year. On Saturday I learned the suckage is still strong. 14 of North Texas’ points came as a direct result of coverage breakdowns.Our offense and especially our running game should be amazing this year though.

BEAR
September 2nd, 2019, 10:56 AM
Austin Peay Observations:

-We beat a team we should have easily beat and we did it handily.

-We have some good players at skill positions that look to do good this year.

- Defense may be suspect against better teams as on a few occasions against NCCU we looked to be struggling.

-Offense looked to be pretty solid and could be one of the best in the OVC if they are at their best on any given week.

-Coaching transition seems to have worked out ok so far but I’m holding my breath until we actually hit the heart of our schedule.

I want to hear your observations in the SLC week 2 thread. I don't know anything about your team and I can't make the game in person because I have 2 high schoolers with games hours apart. Gonna be a loooong weekend.

GoBlueHens83
September 2nd, 2019, 11:35 AM
Kicking & the secondary will cost Delaware multiple games this year.

maine612
September 2nd, 2019, 12:18 PM
Hard to judge Maine after one week since they were clearly superior to Sacred Heart... with that said...

- Passing attack crisp. Ferguson has settled in as a veteran starter and has a handful of good options passing.
- Newcomer Reed looked solid out of the backfield. Shifty and fast. Fitzpatrick strong as well so good 1-2 punch there.
- offensive line very powerful...almost zero Sacred Heart pressure on pass and monster gaps for running.
- Undisciplined in terms of penalties. This hasn't changed from year to year. Need to clean it up or it will cost us a game or two.
- Special teams - while much better last year, not great against Sacred Heart. Missed FG and suboptimal performance in punting and kickoffs. We have players who can execute in these areas so hopefully it's first game rust.

Looking forward to the Georgia Southern game this week. Then, the biggie against Towson which will be the first real indicator of where this Maine team stands in 2019.

Sader87
September 2nd, 2019, 12:29 PM
Very little against Navy.....this week against UNH should be much more telling

RabidRabbit
September 2nd, 2019, 12:39 PM
That we still can’t win big games.True dat! But Jacks were 2 bad fresh QB mistakes, and a block in the back 30 yds from the ball carrier for a 98 yd kickoff return from win. Jacks D controlled line of scrimmage against an O line averaging 320 lb. Yes a loss, but sooner close!

Shout out to UNI Panthers. Another year where UNI is going be a very tough game.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Catatonic
September 2nd, 2019, 02:26 PM
Our offense and especially our running game should be amazing this year though.

Yup. Lots of positives about our offense.

BlackNGoldR3v0lut10n
September 2nd, 2019, 02:53 PM
ETSU did a decent job playing one of the best G5 teams as we were down 14 at halftime. Trey Mitchell did a nice job in relief of Thrasher while Cameron Lewis showed me something but that was before an untimely fumble killed their last drive deep in ASU territory. The problem was, we ran into a well-oiled machine that never skipped a beat after Satterfield left to take on a bigger dumpster fire at Louisville.

jmufan999
September 2nd, 2019, 03:20 PM
agree with other JMU posters that there isn't much to complain about.

*we were extremely physical on both sides of the ball. no surprise. a ton of bone crushing hits on D.
*Polk has insane speed, we really needed a guy like him last year but didn't have anyone. Dean is very shifty but not a burner. Polk is going to loosen up defenses that want to load the box
*when we get Stapleton back against Chatty, this offense will have a plethora of options.
*Nooch actually took a few "good" sacks. meaning, he just took the sack instead of forcing the ball. he had the one bad decision but i still think it was an improvement in decision making overall. he made some huge plays with his feet, the stats don't show it because of the sacks in the 2nd half. WVU just has a much deeper DL.

i thought we were going to be a contender for at least a CAA crown and nothing i saw dissuades me from that.

McCowboys
September 2nd, 2019, 04:21 PM

Some of those penalties were deserved and I think the coaching staff will get those ironed out, but some were just ridiculous! If anyone has ESPN+ and has time, just watch the last 5 minutes or so of the game and the last two Southern touchdowns. I was at the game and thought these officials were bad. After watching the replay, they were even worse than I had thought.

I learned that McNeese is in pretty good shape physically. Our offense was blowing holes in their defense late in the game.

And miracle of miracles, McNeese was 2 of 2 on 4th down conversions!!!

They say a team improves the most between the first and second game. The Pokes may improve a great deal this week, but will it be evident against the juggernaut offense of Oklahoma State? Not likely.

McCowboys
September 2nd, 2019, 04:24 PM
I thought you guys looked pretty good considering a new staff and new scheme. Better than I thought to be honest. You'll be rolling by the time we get to town.

The Cowboys will need to be rolling by then to face the Top 25 ranked Lions! Congrats!

penguinpower
September 2nd, 2019, 04:35 PM
Youngstown's defense is the real deal and it is good enough for them to be ranked in the top 25. Sadly they are being overlooked but they will make thier eay into the top 25 in the coming weeks if not sooner. How are some of the team in the poll after their losses and the way they lost? I think they are being overlooked.

lionsrking2
September 2nd, 2019, 05:01 PM
Youngstown's defense is the real deal and it is good enough for them to be ranked in the top 25. Sadly they are being overlooked but they will make thier eay into the top 25 in the coming weeks if not sooner. How are some of the team in the poll after their losses and the way they lost? I think they are being overlooked.

YSU is in my top 25.

Redbird 4th & short
September 2nd, 2019, 10:00 PM
ISUr .... defense is what I expected, strong and very physical at all levels. Offense is/was very discouraging from passing standpoint. Run game went nowhere either, but NIU had the #2 run defense in FBS last year .. they lost to 2 stud DEs, but their DTs, LBers, and Safeties all returned and are very good. Our pass blocking was good enough, and we had open receivers ... our QB just wasn't connecting, so they had no reason to not stack tthe box and do what they do best ... stop the run. Bottom line, 21 of 22 starters, plus special teams, played well enough to win our game against NIU, who won the MAC last year ... need our QB to step it up.

DEX
September 2nd, 2019, 10:17 PM
NC A&T - confirmed we have a heck of a coaching staff. Lost 14 starters from last season and took on a bunch of injuries during training camp. In fact we had 3 projected starters and 2 key contributors sit out the Elon game and still managed to eek out a victory.

F'N Hawks
September 2nd, 2019, 10:22 PM
Our offense is no longer the most boring, predictable **** show in all of FCS. They may not set any records but it at least will be somewhat fun to watch.

caribbeanhen
September 2nd, 2019, 10:40 PM
Pat Kehoe, the Delaware Senior QB is healthy and looked mobile, makes a big difference if anyone remembers the last 4 games last year when he was playing on a bad leg

OL - Pass blocking much better than the run block, Del State pretty much had the run game bottled up minus a long one by Freshman ODU transfer Will Knight and another nice one by Lee

TE has been missing for a good while but we have one now in Sophomore Bryce De Maille

WR - All new faces, Pitts seems to be the biggest threat, one of these guys needs to emerge

Defense - several players getting first start and lot's of inexperience but some talent ..... they will have to come together quickly....

Noah Plack a R freshman looks like he might be an impact player, he had a few big hits from the safety position....

not sure what happened to first string FG kicker but we need him back quick

next game against Rhode Island should tell us the truth, Never get to emotional about anything you see or don't see vs Delaware State

ngineer
September 2nd, 2019, 10:59 PM
Lehigh will be a work in progress. Much improved defense. Offense in need of major improvement. OL line will be key to season. With two major obstacles on the road the next two weeks (Villanova and UC Davis) it will be interesting to see how they respond to adversity. Who will grow up? Lehigh fans not used to 'rebuilding' but that's what we got. No options but 'trust the process' and see where we end up. Frosh and sophs will be seeing a lot of time.

HAL_9000
September 3rd, 2019, 03:07 AM
Macomb Has some taller buildings than Fargo. This list does not include the 19 story Higgens or 15 story Wetzel (imploded). Hey kids don't want those high rise dual occupancy communal bathrooms that were the norm 40 years ago. bye bye.

Anyway, Fargo doesn't have a structure taller than Macomb's Thompson Hall.

https://www.emporis.com/statistics/tallest-buildings/city/102736/macomb-il-usa

HAL_9000
September 3rd, 2019, 05:47 AM
Correction Higgins 20 stories, cafeteria was on the 20th floor. BTW Western had more high rise dorms than any other university in the State in the 70s 80s and 90s. Of course Northern built a huge highrise dorm in the 90's and ISU had Waterson towers that were 28 stories and hamilton and whatever that were 14 stories, but thats about it untill Uof I started building three mega structures (in access of 20 stories). Champaign is on the total upswing in an otherwised messed up State.

HAL_9000
September 3rd, 2019, 05:59 AM
[QUOTE=HAL_9000;2794894]Correction Higgins 20 stories, cafeteria was on the 20th floor. BTW Western had more high rise dorms than any other university in the State in the 70s 80s and 90s. Of course Northern built a huge highrise dorm in the 90's and ISU had Waterson towers that were 28 stories and hamilton and whatever that were 14 stories, but thats about it untill Uof I started building three mega structures (in excess of 20 stories). Champaign is on the total upswing in an otherwised messed up State.[/QUO

Champaign Urbana is really getting to a Big Ten Destination place.

Daytripper
September 3rd, 2019, 06:46 AM
Something I never thought I would say about Sam Houston: The defense may be better than the offense. To clarify, that IS because the defense is better but also because the offense doesn't look very crisp. Our DBs look like the strength of the defense. Our cup runneth over with receivers. Our offensive line is big and strong and very prone to holding and false starts. Keeler needs to pick one QB and stick with him. Both Brock and Schmid are capable, but we can't keep rotating them. We have a 4 star transfer RB that barely touched the ball. (One of the few times he did, he took it to the house)

caribbeanhen
September 3rd, 2019, 09:29 AM
Something I never thought I would say about Sam Houston: The defense may be better than the offense. To clarify, that IS because the defense is better but also because the offense doesn't look very crisp. Our DBs look like the strength of the defense. Our cup runneth over with receivers. Our offensive line is big and strong and very prone to holding and false starts. Keeler needs to pick one QB and stick with him. Both Brock and Schmid are capable, but we can't keep rotating them. We have a 4 star transfer RB that barely touched the ball. (One of the few times he did, he took it to the house)

who is that?

Sammy94
September 3rd, 2019, 09:42 AM
who is that?

https://247sports.com/Player/Toneil-Carter-77478/

I learned that we do have a defense. I agree with Daytripper, Keeler needs to decide on a QB. Once that happens and they can clean up the stupid penalties, this team could be one of the better ones since 2011.

McNeese75
September 3rd, 2019, 10:18 AM
McNeese leads the FCS nation in take-a-ways after week one. However I believe they also lead the nation in penalties as well xeyebrowx

HootyHoo
September 3rd, 2019, 10:36 AM
I learned that the Kennesaw State Owls are improved from last year and a lock for a top 4 seed. Daniel David looks like one of the best QBs in the FCS, and the Owls defense is the best in the country. KSU has a real chance of going undefeated. Watch out out for the Owls!

McNeese75
September 3rd, 2019, 10:44 AM
I learned that the Kennesaw State Owls are improved from last year and a lock for a top 4 seed. Daniel David looks like one of the best QBs in the FCS, and the Owls defense is the best in the country. KSU has a real chance of going undefeated. Watch out out for the Owls!

xlolx Kiss of death written all over this one

HootyHoo
September 3rd, 2019, 10:59 AM
xlolx Kiss of death written all over this one

I am confused by the lack of respect from the FCS community towards Kennesaw State. Back to Back Quarterfinalists, who went toe-to-toe with Sam Houston State and South Dakota State in losing efforts. The Owls have won 24 of its last 27 games, 5-2 vs FCS ranked opponents during that stretch. What more do you want?

McNeese75
September 3rd, 2019, 11:13 AM
I have no lack of respect for KS. I think the team has done great since inception. My comment was based on your boasting that they have the greatest this and that after one cupcake win. Beat Kent State or someone with a pulse 59-0 and then maybe.

ST_Lawson
September 3rd, 2019, 12:06 PM
I am confused by the lack of respect from the FCS community towards Kennesaw State. Back to Back Quarterfinalists, who went toe-to-toe with Sam Houston State and South Dakota State in losing efforts. The Owls have won 24 of its last 27 games, 5-2 vs FCS ranked opponents during that stretch. What more do you want?

It was more like a "talking about the no-hitter your pitcher is throwing while still in the 7th inning" type of situation. You've jinxed yourself.

Hanca
September 3rd, 2019, 12:39 PM
Richmond much more disciplined. Jacksonville not much of a test. Passing game neither dynamic nor impressive. Kicking game better but punting still a problem.. Kickoff coverage still poor.

Redbird 4th & short
September 3rd, 2019, 01:16 PM
lawson was way too kind ... it's no where near the 7th inning, nor does the game aganist a bad NAIA team even qualify as real regular season game. So how do you or anyone learn anything from beating a 3-8 NAIA team 59-0. In 2018, my ISUr beat a perennial top 10 (or better) NAIA team 46-0 ... other than realizing my AD needs to be fired for scheduling this game, I didn't learn a thing ... much less boast this win was reason to believe we had improved over 2017.

Maybe you didn't intend to conclude this directly from the 59-0 win over Point, but that is purpose of the thread. KSU might be as good as you think, but the first game provides zero evidence of this. Your 3rd string could probably have beaten them.

AmsterBison
September 3rd, 2019, 01:55 PM
NDSU's QB threw his first incompletion so he's officially out of the Walter Payton running.

TheKingpin28
September 3rd, 2019, 01:57 PM
I learned that the Kennesaw State Owls are improved from last year and a lock for a top 4 seed. Daniel David looks like one of the best QBs in the FCS, and the Owls defense is the best in the country. KSU has a real chance of going undefeated. Watch out out for the Owls!KSU best defense in the FCS? Woof, this is an awful hot take, but you do you.

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

Professor Chaos
September 3rd, 2019, 02:45 PM
NDSU's QB threw his first incompletion so he's officially out of the Walter Payton running.
But he is on the Heisman Watch according to ESPN.com :D

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/page/HeismanWatch190903/heisman-watch-jalen-tops-tua-first-vote

Yes, I agree with the rest of you that this reads way too much into one (really) good game against a team like Butler.

HootyHoo
September 3rd, 2019, 07:14 PM
KSU best defense in the FCS? Woof, this is an awful hot take, but you do you.

Well, Kennesaw State finished last season ranked 2nd in the country in Total Defense and return 9 starters so....xnodx

JSUSoutherner
September 3rd, 2019, 07:49 PM
I learned that the Kennesaw State Owls are improved from last year and a lock for a top 4 seed. Daniel David looks like one of the best QBs in the FCS, and the Owls defense is the best in the country. KSU has a real chance of going undefeated. Watch out out for the Owls!You played Point University.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190904/2015f59b9589560fb49a22393476443d.jpg

Sent from my Galaxy S9+ using Tapatalk

TheKingpin28
September 3rd, 2019, 09:23 PM
I honestly cannot tell if you are throwing out the weak bait or being completely serious. Just remember what happened to Colgate after they had the "best defense in the land" and they ran into The Bison. Play someone with a pulse and then talk. Good news is you play Kent State and North Alabama this year so you might get a decent showing for two games, but when you schedule Point and Reinhardt, you lose credibility real quick.

FUBeAR
September 3rd, 2019, 09:48 PM
I honestly cannot tell if you are throwing out the weak bait or being completely serious. Just remember what happened to Colgate after they had the "best defense in the land" and they ran into The Bison. Play someone with a pulse and then talk. Good news is you play Kent State and North Alabama this year so you might get a decent showing for two games, but when you schedule Point and Reinhardt, you lose credibility real quick.

Hey now! Watch that besmirching of the mighty Reinhardt Eagles, King!

56-14 (.800) since they started their program in 2013, with 2 of those 14 L’s coming at the hands of their fellow start-up Mercer Bears in ‘13 & ‘14. Wouldn’t be surprised to see Reinhardt put a whippin’ on the l’il hOOters in a few weeks, even though they struggled a bit in their win over (Chris) Webber International a couple of weeks ago.

Birdman_
September 3rd, 2019, 09:55 PM
Hard to judge Maine after one week since they were clearly superior to Sacred Heart... with that said...

- Passing attack crisp. Ferguson has settled in as a veteran starter and has a handful of good options passing.
- Newcomer Reed looked solid out of the backfield. Shifty and fast. Fitzpatrick strong as well so good 1-2 punch there.
- offensive line very powerful...almost zero Sacred Heart pressure on pass and monster gaps for running.
- Undisciplined in terms of penalties. This hasn't changed from year to year. Need to clean it up or it will cost us a game or two.
- Special teams - while much better last year, not great against Sacred Heart. Missed FG and suboptimal performance in punting and kickoffs. We have players who can execute in these areas so hopefully it's first game rust.

Looking forward to the Georgia Southern game this week. Then, the biggie against Towson which will be the first real indicator of where this Maine team stands in 2019.

I’m excited for the Maine / GaSo matchup as well. Really enjoyed following Maine in the playoffs last year.

pvdogteam
September 3rd, 2019, 10:54 PM
Prairie View

We need to clean up penalties, glad for the win against a division foe

Bison56
September 4th, 2019, 08:05 AM
Well, Kennesaw State finished last season ranked 2nd in the country in Total Defense and return 9 starters so....xnodx

https://media1.tenor.com/images/ed12d3f4d97969f8a5932cd766d9b3c1/tenor.gif?itemid=11859512

HootyHoo
September 4th, 2019, 09:42 AM

Colgate? really? The school named after the toothpaste? I hope the rest of your fan base is as clueless about the Owls as you are. Bison fans are something. You put down other schools for their weak schedule, while avoiding the fact that North Dakota State has remained in the FCS to beat up on the small programs that can't compete on your level. The Bison are a bunch of Bottom Feeders.

Professor Chaos
September 4th, 2019, 09:50 AM
Colgate? really? The school named after the toothpaste? I hope the rest of your fan base is as clueless about the Owls as you are. Bison fans are something. You put down other schools for their weak schedule, while avoiding the fact that North Dakota State has remained in the FCS to beat up on the small programs that can't compete on your level. The Bison are a bunch of Bottom Feeders.
Wait, so does that mean since Kennesaw St is in the FCS that they're a small program that can't compete on NDSU's level? I thought they were a powerhouse??? My whole world has been turned upside down by this new revelation!

JSUSoutherner
September 4th, 2019, 09:50 AM

As someone who has been EXACTLY where you are now, do yourself a favor, and hush.

ST_Lawson
September 4th, 2019, 09:53 AM

https://i.imgur.com/Nv30f7h.gif?noredirect

HootyHoo
September 4th, 2019, 10:05 AM
As someone who has been EXACTLY where you are now, do yourself a favor, and hush.

Dude, you lost by 21 to Southeastern Louisiana.

JSUSoutherner
September 4th, 2019, 10:37 AM
Dude, you lost by 21 to Southeastern Louisiana.

In 2015 there was a guy who was a fan of his team, much like you. His team had just punched it's first ever ticket to Frisco. They had beaten Sam Houston in a blowout to do it. Along the way, the only blemish on their record was an OT loss to #6 Auburn. He was on top of the world and viewed his team as unstoppable, much like you.

Two weeks later they got their **** kicked in.

Trust me, you're making yourself look bad.

The toughest team you guys have ever beaten is us, and like you said, we got killed by SELA.

clenz
September 4th, 2019, 11:37 AM
In 2015 there was a guy who was a fan of his team, much like you. His team had just punched it's first ever ticket to Frisco. They had beaten Sam Houston in a blowout to do it. Along the way, the only blemish on their record was an OT loss to #6 Auburn. He was on top of the world and viewed his team as unstoppable, much like you.

Two weeks later they got their **** kicked in.

Trust me, you're making yourself look bad.

The toughest team you guys have ever beaten is us, and like you said, we got killed by SELA.
EIU GONNA CRUSH UNI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JSUSoutherner
September 4th, 2019, 11:41 AM

I didn't go that far.

clenz
September 4th, 2019, 11:44 AM
I didn't go that far.
You want I should pull the quotes....again?

ST_Lawson
September 4th, 2019, 11:44 AM

Wheeee.....I'm a helicopter.

https://i.imgur.com/jH2qXbP.jpg

JSUSoutherner
September 4th, 2019, 11:47 AM
You want I should pull the quotes....again?

You can if you feel like wasting your time.

I said EIU would be competitive. I never said they would crush UNI.

clenz
September 4th, 2019, 11:47 AM
Wheeee.....I'm a helicopter.

https://i.imgur.com/jH2qXbP.jpg
Perfect representation of that game....and Saxy's build up of the OVC leading into that game

clenz
September 4th, 2019, 11:48 AM
You can if you feel like wasting your time.

I said EIU would be competitive. I never said they would crush UNI.
You didn't say that would be competitive

You were as obstinate as I've ever seen that UNI wasn't better and EIU would at the extreme very least keep it like a 1 score game.

ST_Lawson
September 4th, 2019, 11:52 AM
...and EIU would at the extreme very least keep it like a 1 score game.

Spoiler alert....they didn't (for the benefit of those who were not around these parts back then)
https://www.espn.com/college-football/game/_/gameId/400853513

JSUSoutherner
September 4th, 2019, 11:56 AM
You didn't say that would be competitive

You were as obstinate as I've ever seen that UNI wasn't better and EIU would at the extreme very least keep it like a 1 score game.

Yeah, expecting a team to stay within a score is completely the same as predicting a demolition.

Bison56
September 4th, 2019, 12:02 PM
Did Chattown change his name and team?xlolx

JSUSoutherner
September 4th, 2019, 12:06 PM
Did Chattown change his name and team?xlolx

Certainly looks like it

uni88
September 4th, 2019, 12:21 PM
Stop beating up on Southerner. His important message to Hootie is getting lost in the smack.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

IBleedYellow
September 4th, 2019, 12:27 PM
Stop beating up on Southerner. His important message to Hootie is getting lost in the smack.

Agreed. However at the same time, Southerner found out the hard way....I think Hooty is going to have to as well.

JSUSoutherner
September 4th, 2019, 12:29 PM

Honestly it's not like it matters. My advice is so that when it comes time for him to eat crow he won't have to, but he'll probably just disapeer anyway.

uni88
September 4th, 2019, 12:33 PM
Honestly it's not like it matters. My advice is so that when it comes time for him to eat crow he won't have to, but he'll probably just disapeer anyway.You stuck around and the board is better for it. Hopefully Hootie does too.

JSUSoutherner
September 4th, 2019, 12:35 PM
You stuck around and the board is better for it. Hopefully Hootie does too.

It's always a pleasure to grace you all with my presence.

IBleedYellow
September 4th, 2019, 12:51 PM
12,490 posts since 2015.

Damn, son.

clenz
September 4th, 2019, 12:52 PM
12,490 posts since 2015.

Damn, son.
Yeah...but do you know how many of those came trying to tell everyone EIU was basically every bit as good as UNI?

JSUSoutherner
September 4th, 2019, 01:06 PM
Yeah...but do you know how many of those came trying to tell everyone EIU was basically every bit as good as UNI?

Why don't you go count them?

IBleedYellow
September 4th, 2019, 01:09 PM
Why don't you go count them?

I know exactly what you did here. @Clenz I'm excited to know the count.

HootyHoo
September 4th, 2019, 01:13 PM
Agreed. However at the same time, Southerner found out the hard way....I think Hooty is going to have to as well.

In KSU's defense, the Owls played the Jackrabbits in the QF and lost by 10. It's not like we get blown out by 50. Now Brian Bohannon's recruiting starts to kick in this season and the offense gets a major talent upgrade. Kennesaw State has much more in common with Appalachian State and Georgia Southern than Jacksonville State or Sam Houston state.

JSUSoutherner
September 4th, 2019, 01:17 PM
In KSU's defense, the Owls played the Jackrabbits in the QF and lost by 10. It's not like we get blown out by 50. Now Brian Bohannon's recruiting starts to kick in this season and the offense gets a major talent upgrade. Kennesaw State has much more in common with Appalachian State and Georgia Southern than Jacksonville State or Sam Houston state.

You guys lost to a team that NDSU beat by 3TDs a week later.

If I were you I'd cool it on talking about the Bison.

Also, we went to 5OTs. You guys are very much our level.

HootyHoo
September 4th, 2019, 01:25 PM
You guys lost to a team that NDSU beat by 3TDs a week later.

If I were you I'd cool it on talking about the Bison.

Also, we went to 5OTs. You guys are very much our level.

But, we're not. Kennesaw State went into your house in our first road playoff game and ended your season. Jacksonville State is a second-rate program that gets all the SEC/ACC's sloppy seconds once they wash out at their first choice school. The Gamecocks do not have the culture of a winning team and that is why you will always lose in December.

JSUSoutherner
September 4th, 2019, 01:29 PM
But, we're not. Kennesaw State went into your house in our first road playoff game and ended your season. Jacksonville State is a second-rate program that gets all the SEC/ACC's sloppy seconds once they wash out at their first choice school. The Gamecocks do not have the culture of a winning team and that is why you will always lose in December.

Chattown, I think I found a quote to insert into my signature to accompany yours.

Bison56
September 4th, 2019, 01:52 PM
This. Is. Awesome.

IBleedYellow
September 4th, 2019, 01:56 PM
Chattown, we've missed you.

knit35
September 4th, 2019, 02:09 PM

You are fun.

clenz
September 4th, 2019, 02:14 PM
I know exactly what you did here. @Clenz I'm excited to know the count.
Do I really want too though?

IBleedYellow
September 4th, 2019, 02:18 PM
Do I really want too though?

We know you've already started counting and you're just posting here while you double check your numbers.

FUBeAR
September 4th, 2019, 02:20 PM
Jacksonville State is a second-rate program that gets all the SEC/ACC's sloppy seconds once they wash out at their first choice school.
sez the BarnRatEater with 20 transfers on his team’s roster

clenz
September 4th, 2019, 02:25 PM
We know you've already started counting and you're just posting here while you double check your numbers.
I actually haven't.

That's a hard thread to find. It's now 4 years buried. I should actually do real work at work

TheKingpin28
September 4th, 2019, 03:02 PM

Still can't tell if serious. That said, your team has been in my poll since Week 10 of 2017, and in the top 10 for all of 2018, just fyi. If you want to assume things about me, go ahead, but please make sure you have your facts in order so you do not come off as some ****ish airhead. However, if you should wish to continue your train of thought, and assume things, be my guest as we all know what assume means? It makes an ass out of just you.

JSUSoutherner
September 4th, 2019, 03:12 PM
I should actually do real work at work
Oh please. Like that's ever stopped you before.

clenz
September 4th, 2019, 03:17 PM
Oh please. Like that's ever stopped you before.
I've lost a lot of ambition as I've aged.

JSUSoutherner
September 4th, 2019, 03:18 PM
I've lost a lot of ambition as I've aged.

Jeez.

Redbird 4th & short
September 4th, 2019, 08:29 PM
Wait .... did you just reference a game in which you only beat the "2nd rate program" by 8 and in same said game, your defense gave up 52 points (in a 60-52 win) again to that "2nd rate program".

Now you claim the same team who in a game you bragged about, despite giving up 52 points to a "2nd rate program", is this years best defensive team by virtue of you 59-0 win over a bad NAIA team ???

Do you see how nothing you say holds together ???

Now again, KSU may turn out to be a good team in 2019 like you believe ... but that won't change how little sense you are making in this exchange. You might try a different strategy fo ramking your argument ... or wait for a game to be played against a team with a pulse.

Speaking of teams with a pulse .. I just looked at your schedule ... wow, talk about a cupcake schedule. Massey currently ranks your SOS #124 out of 126 FCS teams .... nice scheduling by your AD !!!!! And before you brag about winning the upcoming FBS game against Kent St .. they were 2-10 with 1 win against a bad FCS team last year, and ranked 125th out of 130 FBS teams last year. Any legit top 20 FCS team should beat an FBS team this bad ... now if you beat them handily, then sure .. you can boast about it. Last year, we beat 3-9 Colorado State (ranked # 109) by 16 (up 22 before going prevent in last 2 mins and we bascally let them drive down field) .. we finished 6-5. We were excited at time because a year prior they were a bowl team that lost good Marshall team by 3 .. they were not nearly as good in 2018, but again we led by 22 against a 2017 bowl team with less than 1 minute in game. But again, your SOS this year ranks 124 out of 126. Good luck against against those Reinhardt Eagles .. the 2nd of 2 NAIA teams you play this year.

POD Knows
September 4th, 2019, 08:37 PM
Colgate? really? The school named after the toothpaste? I hope the rest of your fan base is as clueless about the Owls as you are. Bison fans are something. You put down other schools for their weak schedule, while avoiding the fact that North Dakota State has remained in the FCS to beat up on the small programs that can't compete on your level. The Bison are a bunch of Bottom Feeders.You have 30K plus freaking students, who is the big school here. Get your punk assed troll out of here.

SUPharmacist
September 4th, 2019, 08:48 PM
But he is on the Heisman Watch according to ESPN.com :D

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/page/HeismanWatch190903/heisman-watch-jalen-tops-tua-first-vote

Yes, I agree with the rest of you that this reads way too much into one (really) good game against a team like Butler.

Are you telling me he is not going to win the Heisman? I guess its good publicity, but this is just stupid.

JSUSoutherner
September 4th, 2019, 10:14 PM
Wait .... did you just reference a game in which you only beat the "2nd rate program" by 8 and in same said game, your defense gave up 52 points (in a 60-52 win) again to that "2nd rate program".

Now you claim the same team who in a game you bragged about, despite giving up 52 points to a "2nd rate program", is this years best defensive team by virtue of you 59-0 win over a bad NAIA team ???

Do you see how nothing you say holds together ???

Now again, KSU may turn out to be a good team in 2019 like you believe ... but that won't change how little sense you are making in this exchange. You might try a different strategy fo ramking your argument ... or wait for a game to be played against a team with a pulse.

Speaking of teams with a pulse .. I just looked at your schedule ... wow, talk about a cupcake schedule. Massey currently ranks your SOS #124 out of 126 FCS teams .... nice scheduling by your AD !!!!! And before you brag about winning the upcoming FBS game against Kent St .. they were 2-10 with 1 win against a bad FCS team last year, and ranked 125th out of 130 FBS teams last year. Any legit top 20 FCS team should beat an FBS team this bad ... now if you beat them handily, then sure .. you can boast about it. Last year, we beat 3-9 Colorado State (ranked # 109) by 16 (up 22 before going prevent in last 2 mins and we bascally let them drive down field) .. we finished 6-5. We were excited at time because a year prior they were a bowl team that lost good Marshall team by 3 .. they were not nearly as good in 2018, but again we led by 22 against a 2017 bowl team with less than 1 minute in game. But again, your SOS this year ranks 124 out of 126. Good luck against against those Reinhardt Eagles .. the 2nd of 2 NAIA teams you play this year.

In quintuple overtime, no less.

BearDownMU
September 4th, 2019, 10:19 PM
In Reinhardt's defense. They are pretty darn good. Right FUBeAR?!?

xrotatehx

FUBeAR
September 4th, 2019, 11:37 PM

xrotatehx

Post #72

Hey now! Watch that besmirching of the mighty Reinhardt Eagles, King!

56-14 (.800) since they started their program in 2013, with 2 of those 14 L’s coming at the hands of their fellow start-up Mercer Bears in ‘13 & ‘14. Wouldn’t be surprised to see Reinhardt put a whippin’ on the l’il hOOters in a few weeks, even though they struggled a bit in their win over (Chris) Webber International a couple of weeks ago.

Redbird 4th & short
September 5th, 2019, 08:58 AM
In quintuple overtime, no less.
yeesh ... so KSU actually tied your "2nd rate program" 4 times before finally sqeaking out the win ... you can't make this sh-t up.

To be honest, I love the KSU story and how they snuck up on everyone in 2017 and became legit top 20. The confirmed they were legit in 2018. Sad part is he is will tooting their horn relentlessly in a season where there SOS ranks 124th of 126 teams ... how/why on earth did they pull that off after 2 successful playoff seasons. Pollsters and FCS Selection Committee need to be aware of these things ... KSU schedule is loaded with cupcakes, including their FBS game.

https://www.masseyratings.com/team.php?t=3766&s=308075 .. just click FCS near top to filter their rankings to FCS only teams

Can I have like a dozen cupcakes to go please !!

https://www.trophycupcakes.com/sites/default/files/styles/custom_cupcake_320x170/public/cupcakes/themed-cupcakes-pinata-dozen.jpg
(https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&source=images&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwjj1qD66rnkAhVvFjQIHd_QAU4QjRx6BAgBEAQ&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.trophycupcakes.com%2Fthemed-cupcakes&psig=AOvVaw1sNhLgdLpykzEIwSko6yrI&ust=1567778098623844)

Redbird 4th & short
September 5th, 2019, 09:07 AM

xrotatehx
yes they are a pretty good NAIA team, went 9-2 last year but lost in 1st round of NAIA playoffs by 10. We beat NAIA St Xavier 46-0 and played 3rd stringers in Q3 ... STX actually won a playoff game and are a perenial NAIA power. Comparable to being a top 10 D-II team IMO.

Daytripper
September 5th, 2019, 09:36 AM
yeesh ... so KSU actually tied your "2nd rate program" 4 times before finally sqeaking out the win ... you can't make this sh-t up.

To be honest, I love the KSU story and how they snuck up on everyone in 2017 and became legit top 20. The confirmed they were legit in 2018. Sad part is he is will tooting their horn relentlessly in a season where there SOS ranks 124th of 126 teams ... how/why on earth did they pull that off after 2 successful playoff seasons. Pollsters and FCS Selection Committee need to be aware of these things ... KSU schedule is loaded with cupcakes, including their FBS game.

https://www.masseyratings.com/team.php?t=3766&s=308075 .. just click FCS near top to filter their rankings to FCS only teams

Can I have like a dozen cupcakes to go please !!

https://www.trophycupcakes.com/sites/default/files/styles/custom_cupcake_320x170/public/cupcakes/themed-cupcakes-pinata-dozen.jpg
(https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&source=images&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwjj1qD66rnkAhVvFjQIHd_QAU4QjRx6BAgBEAQ&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.trophycupcakes.com%2Fthemed-cupcakes&psig=AOvVaw1sNhLgdLpykzEIwSko6yrI&ust=1567778098623844)

Oh, my. That is quite the Junior Varsity schedule....

JSUSoutherner
September 5th, 2019, 09:37 AM
Oh, my. That is quite the Junior Varsity schedule....

Yeah, too bad they couldn't snag Oklahoma Panhandle rather than Kent.

Daytripper
September 5th, 2019, 09:43 AM
Yeah, too bad they couldn't snag Oklahoma Panhandle rather than Kent.

One cupcake instead of ten. Enjoy being 0-2 after this weekend.

JSUSoutherner
September 5th, 2019, 09:44 AM
One cupcake instead of ten. Enjoy being 0-2 after this weekend.

Want to put a wager on that?

FUBeAR
September 5th, 2019, 09:48 AM
yes they are a pretty good NAIA team, went 9-2 last year but lost in 1st round of NAIA playoffs by 10. We beat NAIA St Xavier 46-0 and played 3rd stringers in Q3 ... STX actually won a playoff game and are a perenial NAIA power. Comparable to being a top 10 D-II team IMO.Hey now - let’s be fair with the Eagles...yes, they lost in the 1st round in 2018, but they played in the NAIA Championship game in 2017 & lost in the NAIA semifinals in 2016.

Your St. Xavier Cougars have gotten DRILLED in Round 2 the past 2 years & last made it to the Semifinals in 2014 (where they were also DRILLED). Sure, the Cougs took the big prize in 2011, but that’s coming up on a decade ago. Seem to be a program on the way down...unlike the SOARING EAGLES!

#PluckTheOwwwwwwls

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0eaDz1noRg

clenz
September 5th, 2019, 09:56 AM
If you're trying to justify how good on NAIA opponent is compared to another then

1. ****ing schedule better
2. It's a ****ing NAIA opponent. I don't care if it's Morningside (IA) the reigning undefeated national champs or Sioux Falls during their 4 straight trips to the title game with 3 titles (or whatever it was earlier this decade). They are ****ing NAIA. You SHOULD drill them even if you aren't very good.

Daytripper
September 5th, 2019, 10:34 AM
Want to put a wager on that?

Nope. I'm not a gambler. If JSU beats Chatty, then I will admit I'm wrong.

JSUSoutherner
September 5th, 2019, 10:41 AM
Nope. I'm not a gambler. If JSU beats Chatty, then I will admit I'm wrong.

I was going to suggest an avatar bet but so be it.

Derby City Duke
September 5th, 2019, 10:47 AM
Hey now - let’s be fair with the Eagles...yes, they lost in the 1st round in 2018, but they played in the NAIA Championship game in 2017 & lost in the NAIA semifinals in 2016.

Your St. Xavier Cougars have gotten DRILLED in Round 2 the past 2 years & last made it to the Semifinals in 2014 (where they were also DRILLED). Sure, the Cougs took the big prize in 2011, but that’s coming up on a decade ago. Seem to be a program on the way down...unlike the SOARING EAGLES!

#PluckTheOwwwwwwls

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0eaDz1noRg

So what you're saying is St. X is the NAIA equivalent of SHSU when it comes to the playoffs? xpeacex

fmftballmgr
September 5th, 2019, 01:36 PM
Little late coming in this one but

Murray State

We need to learn how to play with a big lead. took our foot off the gas up 31-3 half way through the 2nd. They scored two late 2nd quarter TD's before we got our mind right.

Our new QB is going to be a gamer.

Had way too many very stupid penalties 3 or 4 unsportsmanlike one, a couple after TD's and then we kicked the ball out of bounds so they started on 50.

Bottom line we have a ways to go but won't really know until we face same competition in week 5

Thumper 76
September 5th, 2019, 03:03 PM
Here’s a late addition.

SDSU: new qb Gibbs doesn’t get rattled by his own mistakes. Our O and D lines might be the best we’ve ever had, they dominated a B1G team up and down the field in the second half. Our new coordinators were really aggressive and creative. They weren’t kidding about blitzing and stunting more. Lot of fun to watch. Eck did a phenomenal job at being creative and getting every playmaker some touches. Our young cbs need to tackle better in space and will likely be our weak spot.

JSUSoutherner
September 7th, 2019, 03:19 PM
Hey Hooty, how's that undefeated season going?