PDA

View Full Version : AGS Top 25 - How They Fared Week 1 2019

superman7515
August 31st, 2019, 11:02 PM
Reminder that as long as you see asterisks in front of the Sagarin and Massey ratings, they are the ratings from before this weekends games. They usually update on Sunday morning, but it's hit or miss on what time they get updated on there.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1aA1LHkfJqmuGcVaEbN51_eHzxnGDwZnGirFDYnRNxOs/edit?usp=sharing

frozennorth
August 31st, 2019, 11:09 PM
the top 16 lost 12 games xrotatehx

ursus arctos horribilis
August 31st, 2019, 11:10 PM
You da man supey.

RootinFerDukes
August 31st, 2019, 11:24 PM
Crap... we lost to an FCS team today. We're going to take a hit in the rankings. They weren't even ranked.

RootinFerDukes
August 31st, 2019, 11:33 PM
Colgate is 0-2 and lost to Air Force today. Samford also 0-2, lost to TN Tech today.

Cocky
September 1st, 2019, 06:49 AM
Who had the worst loss? JSU or Wofford

caribbeanhen
September 1st, 2019, 07:25 AM
Who had the worst loss? JSU or Wofford

Wofford, they looked totally out of sorts, not running the Option anymore?.... didnt know that

PaladinNation
September 1st, 2019, 07:52 AM
Wofford, they looked totally out of sorts, not running the Option anymore?.... didnt know that

Conklin is hell-bent to bringing a passing game to Wofford, I just don't see them being able to do it with an option QB.

ElCid
September 1st, 2019, 08:36 AM
Conklin is hell-bent to bringing a passing game to Wofford, I just don't see them being able to do it with an option QB.

At least they were smart and didn't try it against a conference opponent. I would have loved to played them today.

superman7515
September 1st, 2019, 08:40 AM
Massey Ratings is doing a server upgrade
Please check back Sunday afternoon.
Sorry for the inconvenience.

Inconveniently enough, both sites are down this morning. I'm not sure when I'll be able to update guys, apologies.

This page isn’t workingsagarin.com didn’t send any data.

ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE

TheKingpin28
September 1st, 2019, 09:15 AM
Inconveniently enough, both sites are down this morning. I'm not sure when I'll be able to update guys, apologies.

No worries. I have adjusted my poll more times than I have fingers and toes and I get this strange feeling, it will continue to happen more and more in the next hour or so. xsmhx

WestCoastAggie
September 1st, 2019, 09:29 AM
Which teams that weren't ranked in the pre-season are you all looking at this week? And on paper, as of now, Wofford's loss is more devastating than Jacksonville State's but the Gamecocks had bigger national title hopes.

WestCoastAggie
September 1st, 2019, 09:33 AM
No worries. I have adjusted my poll more times than I have fingers and toes and I get this strange feeling, it will continue to happen more and more in the next hour or so. xsmhx

Massey Ratings are updated now.

RootinFerDukes
September 1st, 2019, 10:18 AM
Massey is now working and updated. Sagarin is working but doesn't appear to be updated.

gofurman
September 1st, 2019, 10:19 AM
So JSU, Wofford, Colgate and Elon lost but Elon is to NC A&T and close game so that’s one a little different ... JSU and Wofford are also different than the Colgate loss but Colgate doesn’t look good

RootinFerDukes
September 1st, 2019, 10:43 AM
There is usually a Massey SOS ranking on these spreadsheets but I notice it's not there this week. Any chance that can be added?

It's important we take SOS into consideration. a 6-4 strong SOS team could be better than a 10-0 team playing NAIA teams all season. (You know who you are)

melloware13
September 1st, 2019, 10:54 AM
I don't think Sagarin updates until after all of the (FBS) games are done for the weekend, so it won't update until Tuesday morning this week

polsongrizz
September 1st, 2019, 02:41 PM
I could be wrong but I thought North Alabama was now a full fledged FCS member. I can't seem to find them in our poll list though.

clenz
September 1st, 2019, 02:59 PM
I could be wrong but I thought North Alabama was now a full fledged FCS member. I can't seem to find them in our poll list though.They aren't FCS until 2022

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

jsualumnus
September 1st, 2019, 03:11 PM
My GOD, JSU sucked so hard! I still had them at 25, which is still 100 teams too high, but Wofford’s loss looked worse. Sorry Southerner... I’m still hoping this was a fluke and not a true representation of a sorry-a** team with s****y coaching, a s****y OL, and s****y defense. So, until this Saturday they get a vote from me. Wofford is a joke.

NDSU stays #1, and Central Arkansas had the most impactful (meaningful) win... JSU had the most impactful loss. As stated, Wofford had worst looking loss.

Congrats to UCA, UNI (hard loss), Furman, and SLU (showing JSU for what we really are maybe)...

polsongrizz
September 1st, 2019, 03:16 PM
They aren't FCS until 2022

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

HHHHHMMM, I did not know that, thanks.

ursus arctos horribilis
September 1st, 2019, 03:50 PM
I could be wrong but I thought North Alabama was now a full fledged FCS member. I can't seem to find them in our poll list though.
Brother, we even had a vote on this very issue a month or so back that I sent out an email to all poll voters on...it is amazing how much you don't pay attention to anything at all in the summers! xlolx

clenz covered the basics for you though.

Mike296
September 1st, 2019, 04:08 PM
Can I just say that this is one of the most difficult Weeks I’ve had to pick? Ffs like 60% of the teams lost(half to FBS but still) like how tf is this going to turn into a legible poll.....

polsongrizz
September 1st, 2019, 04:21 PM
Brother, we even had a vote on this very issue a month or so back that I sent out an email to all poll voters on...it is amazing how much you don't pay attention to anything at all in the summers! xlolx

clenz covered the basics for you though.
Dude, after I thought about it I remember voting NOT to include them...I might have been drinking, maybe, probably. LOL

KPSUL
September 1st, 2019, 04:42 PM
Voting the week one poll is maybe the most challenging. You're working from the Pre-Season Poll which is pure speculation. Couple that with the fact that many, if not most of the games are mismatches: either FBS games, or OOC games between conferences sometimes scheduled to enhance early season W-L records of historically strong teams or pull off that long odds signature win for the upstarts.

ursus arctos horribilis
September 1st, 2019, 05:25 PM
Dude, after I thought about it I remember voting NOT to include them...I might have been drinking, maybe, probably. LOLxlolx

aceinthehole
September 1st, 2019, 05:28 PM
Which teams that weren't ranked in the pre-season are you all looking at this week?

Duquesne

ElCid
September 1st, 2019, 06:18 PM
Which teams that weren't ranked in the pre-season are you all looking at this week?

Well, the obvious ones, Nova and SELA.

Maybe some not so obvious ones, Mercer, ND.

The one thing that gets me is that when a favorite loses, everyone thinks that the favorite has fallen rather than the underdog may have risen a lot. I do it as well. Things may take a week or two to flush out so we can see which is which.

NDSUtk
September 1st, 2019, 06:31 PM
Dude, after I thought about it I remember voting NOT to include them...I might have been drinking, maybe, probably. LOLDrinking then or now?? LOL

SUPharmacist
September 1st, 2019, 09:03 PM
Drinking then or now?? LOL

Can't it be both.

NDSUtk
September 1st, 2019, 09:06 PM
Can't it be both.I see nothing wrong with that

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 1st, 2019, 09:12 PM
I really didn't penalize anyone for FBS losses. Most teams get a mulligan or two if the schedule is really tough. Still need to win!

There shouldn't be a Patriot League team within shouting distance of the Top 60 right now.

I'm a fan of North Carolina A&T. Just a really good, solid program that wins OOC games!

Gil Dobie
September 2nd, 2019, 05:32 AM
I think UNA is about 19, if they were eligible.

JSUSoutherner
September 2nd, 2019, 09:37 AM
I think UNA is about 19, if they were eligible.

I had UNA (unofficially) at 22 in my preseason poll.

I have them about 16 (again, unofficially) now.

JSUSoutherner
September 2nd, 2019, 09:39 AM
My GOD, JSU sucked so hard! I still had them at 25, which is still 100 teams too high, but Wofford’s loss looked worse. Sorry Southerner... I’m still hoping this was a fluke and not a true representation of a sorry-a** team with s****y coaching, a s****y OL, and s****y defense. So, until this Saturday they get a vote from me. Wofford is a joke.

NDSU stays #1, and Central Arkansas had the most impactful (meaningful) win... JSU had the most impactful loss. As stated, Wofford had worst looking loss.

Congrats to UCA, UNI (hard loss), Furman, and SLU (showing JSU for what we really are maybe)...

I didn't vote for JSU.

We weren't even on my first five out.

Anyone who voted for JSU is absolutely kidding themselves.

ursus arctos horribilis
September 2nd, 2019, 10:03 AM
Under an hour left to vote so if you have not get that vote in now.

JSUSoutherner
September 2nd, 2019, 10:06 AM
Under an hour left to vote so if you have not get that vote in now.And I didn't even wait until the last second this time. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190902/438fd0d082a21b7d4b52707b67ea9e04.jpg

Sent from my Galaxy S9+ using Tapatalk