PDA

View Full Version : Chattanooga @ Jacksonville State

JSUSoutherner
August 30th, 2019, 10:42 AM
I have a headache and need a shower.

Ughhh

PaladinFan
August 30th, 2019, 11:51 AM
Pretty big contest for a week 2 game. UTC wants some legitimacy, JSU wants a bounce back. A loss here probably puts JSU out of the conversation for a playoff seed.

BEAR
August 30th, 2019, 11:59 AM
If JSU resembles what they did yesterday.....ugh....

Mocs123
August 30th, 2019, 12:34 PM
We're going to have to play better then we did last night if we are going to beat JSU. They have a great atmosphere and are always tough at home.

JSU probably feels this is a must win game, and then either needs to beat Eastern Washington, or the Mocs to beat James Madison to get a seed. They win the OVC autobid either way. Chattanooga needs to beat JSU and then needs them to beat Eastern Washington to help legitimize the win and help with at at large bid if needed. The SoCon is going to be tough, and we're going to beat up on each other.

This is always a tough, hard fought game, and is usually very competitive.

2005 Mocs win 21-18 at JSU. The biggest win and highlight of Rodney Allison's coaching career.
2006 JSU wins 13-10 at Chattanooga. The Mocs kick a FG tie the game with ten seconds left and no timeouts but JSU has a penalty. Rodney Allison takes points off the board and goes for the win. We throw it short of the end zone and get tackled on the two yard line as time expires. The beginning of the end of Coach Allison.
2010 JSU wins 21-17 in Jacksonville. JSU scores 14 points late in the 4th quarter to win the game. It was a heartbreaking defeat.
2011 Mocs win 38-17 in Chattanooga. The only lopsided score in the series in the past decade.
2012 JSU beats the Mocs 27-24 in Jacksonville
2014 The Mocs fall 26-23 in overtime at Chattanooga
2015 JSU scores 10 points in the 4th to beat the Mocs 23-20 in Chattanooga
2015 Playoffs JSU beats the Mocs 41-35 in OT at Jacksonville
2017 Tom Arths debut game the Mocs fall 27-13 in the kickoff classic.

JSUSoutherner
August 30th, 2019, 01:50 PM
We're going to have to play better then we did last night if we are going to beat JSU. They have a great atmosphere and are always tough at home.

JSU probably feels this is a must win game, and then either needs to beat Eastern Washington, or the Mocs to beat James Madison to get a seed. They win the OVC autobid either way. Chattanooga needs to beat JSU and then needs them to beat Eastern Washington to help legitimize the win and help with at at large bid if needed. The SoCon is going to be tough, and we're going to beat up on each other.

This is always a tough, hard fought game, and is usually very competitive.

2005 Mocs win 21-18 at JSU. The biggest win and highlight of Rodney Allison's coaching career.
2006 JSU wins 13-10 at Chattanooga. The Mocs kick a FG tie the game with ten seconds left and no timeouts but JSU has a penalty. Rodney Allison takes points off the board and goes for the win. We throw it short of the end zone and get tackled on the two yard line as time expires. The beginning of the end of Coach Allison.
2010 JSU wins 21-17 in Jacksonville. JSU scores 14 points late in the 4th quarter to win the game. It was a heartbreaking defeat.
2011 Mocs win 38-17 in Chattanooga. The only lopsided score in the series in the past decade.
2012 JSU beats the Mocs 27-24 in Jacksonville
2014 The Mocs fall 26-23 in overtime at Chattanooga
2015 JSU scores 10 points in the 4th to beat the Mocs 23-20 in Chattanooga
2015 Playoffs JSU beats the Mocs 41-35 in OT at Jacksonville
2017 Tom Arths debut game the Mocs fall 27-13 in the kickoff classic.

Are you kidding?

You'll have to play better to win?

You realize UTC could put out 11 folding chairs on defense and still manage to sack Cooper 7 times and pick him off twice, right?

SEMO showed yesterday they haven't regressed to being garbage. Acting like JSU has the OVC won is insanity.

SU DOG
August 30th, 2019, 01:58 PM
Didn't we hear this same retoric after their first game last year?

JSUSoutherner
August 30th, 2019, 02:05 PM
Didn't we hear this same retoric after their first game last year?

What rhetoric?

Did you see that garbage last night?

Exactly none of this is rhetoric.

ElCid
August 30th, 2019, 02:09 PM
You realize UTC could put out 11 folding chairs on defense and still manage to sack Cooper 7 times and pick him off twice, right?

Ehum. That's pretty funny. You put a smile on my face.

That's it's true, makes it even more funny.

SU DOG
August 30th, 2019, 02:14 PM
Yeah, I saw all of it, and it looked like a BIG waste of talent. I'm just saying that these same or similar comments were made after your debacle in Montgomery last year. Personally, I don't think JSU will look anywhere near this bad again anytime soon. I might be wrong, but UTC will have their hands full IMO.

JSUSoutherner
August 30th, 2019, 02:18 PM
Yeah, I saw all of it, and it looked like a BIG waste of talent. I'm just saying that these same or similar comments were made after your debacle in Montgomery last year. Personally, I don't think JSU will look anywhere near this bad again anytime soon. I might be wrong, but UTC will have their hands full IMO.

Our issue lies within your post.

We have talent. We may have the best receiving corps in FCS football. We looked like ABSOLUTE garbage and still passed for over 400 yards.

But it's being wasted by a braindead coaching staff. They aren't going to suddenly pull their head out of their ***. They haven't for the past 3 seasons so why would they suddenly do it now?

NDSU wasn't a wake up call.
YSU wasn't a wake up call.
Kennesaw wasn't a wake up call.
NC A&T wasn't a wake up call.
FRIGGIN SEMO wasn't a wake up call.
Maine wasn't a wake up call.

But suddenly getting our **** kicked in by SLU will suddenly make our coaches not garbage?

Yeah, right.

If we beat UTC it's because Chatt is trash.

EWU will beat us by 50+.

smilo
August 30th, 2019, 02:40 PM
I had Chattanooga #19 preseason. I have some doubts about them being that good, but I always had this circled as ripe for an upset even if they struggled to finish higher than 4th in their conference. Looks like it won't be much of an upset anymore!

PaladinFan
August 30th, 2019, 03:20 PM
I had Chattanooga #19 preseason. I have some doubts about them being that good, but I always had this circled as ripe for an upset even if they struggled to finish higher than 4th in their conference. Looks like it won't be much of an upset anymore!

That seems fairly aggressive. They could barely find the end zone last year and lost their best defensive player.

Mocs123
August 30th, 2019, 04:01 PM
I'm sure JSU isn't as bad as they looked last night. They bombed the first game last year and turned out alright, so yes, I absolutely believe we'll have our hands full. And yes, I think JSU will win the OVC again this year.

I've had some somber drives back from Jacksonville, where I thought we played well enough to win and something would go wrong. I think Chattanooga is due for a win here, but I imagine JSU will be ready. If they had won we might have caught them looking ahead to EWU.

If you're looking for a new coach, I imagine Arth will be available in a few years!

Mocs123
August 30th, 2019, 04:06 PM
That seems fairly aggressive. They could barely find the end zone last year and lost their best defensive player.

Our offense looked "decent" the first few games of the year. ETSU's D did a great job on us last year and we just seemed to digress to '17 form after that. Of course Arth fired the OC before he flew away back up north. And we lost a lot on D - Mack and Mahaffey on the line, Bean and Schrider as linebackers, and Orr and Fritz as DB's. I think we have some guys that can step up and fill those shoes, but we have to do it quickly. Our schedule gets real tough, real fast.

JSUSoutherner
August 30th, 2019, 04:31 PM
I'm sure JSU isn't as bad as they looked last night. They bombed the first game last year and turned out alright, so yes, I absolutely believe we'll have our hands full. And yes, I think JSU will win the OVC again this year.

I've had some somber drives back from Jacksonville, where I thought we played well enough to win and something would go wrong. I think Chattanooga is due for a win here, but I imagine JSU will be ready. If they had won we might have caught them looking ahead to EWU.

If you're looking for a new coach, I imagine Arth will be available in a few years!

By "turned out alright" you mean "got our **** kicked in by Maine in round 2", right?

Cocky
August 30th, 2019, 04:39 PM
I didnt watch our game last night but we must suck.
The North Shore v Katy game was a great game and I enjoyed watching.

Milktruck74
August 30th, 2019, 04:40 PM
I do not expect JSU to play as bad as they did last night. I also don't think EIU was much of a challenge for the Mocs. We will have to play much better to Leave Calhoun County with a W.... The good news for the Mocs is the "next man up" mentality on the DL is still going. Mack and Mehaffey are huge losses, but I saw some hungry guys getting after it. Our young guys stepped up, which is great...but they are still freshmen, which is not so great. I think the game will probably come down to who makes less mistakes and not who is the better team. The penalties killed us last night, but JSU isnt known for being the most disciplined team on that front either.....

UpstateBison
August 30th, 2019, 06:01 PM

We have talent. We may have the best receiving corps in FCS football. We looked like ABSOLUTE garbage and still passed for over 400 yards.

But it's being wasted by a braindead coaching staff. They aren't going to suddenly pull their head out of their ***. They haven't for the past 3 seasons so why would they suddenly do it now?

But suddenly getting our **** kicked in by SLU will suddenly make our coaches not garbage?

Yeah, right.

EWU will beat us by 50+.

I think it is a combination of talent (OL & DL) not equaling the perception and the head coach/staff.

Has Grass ever dismissed a player for disciplinary reasons?

My guess is not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JSUSoutherner
August 30th, 2019, 06:10 PM
I think it is a combination of talent (OL & DL) not equaling the perception and the head coach/staff.

Has Grass ever dismissed a player for disciplinary reasons?

My guess is not.

Yes. He has. Several good players too.

And to be fair the OL and DL are very young. We're starting 4 new guys on OL. I'm not as bothered by their play as I am about the fact that we only ran the ball 12 times.

TWELVE.

UpstateBison
August 30th, 2019, 06:17 PM
Yes. He has. Several good players too.

And to be fair the OL and DL are very young. We're starting 4 new guys on OL. I'm not as bothered by their play as I am about the fact that we only ran the ball 12 times.

TWELVE.

Thanks. That surprises me with the ongoing discipline issues.

FUBeAR
August 30th, 2019, 07:00 PM

ETSU, dang near losing to, possibly, the 7th best Team in the SoCon wasn’t a wake up call.

Yeah, right.

EWU will beat us by 50+.
FYP

JSUSoutherner
August 30th, 2019, 07:11 PM
FYP

You mean the team that beat Furman?

blueGOldMOCS
August 31st, 2019, 05:39 PM
I dread facing a team that unexpectedly loses. We have a lot to clean up.

ursus arctos horribilis
August 31st, 2019, 05:48 PM
I dread facing a team that unexpectedly loses. We have a lot to clean up.

Welcome to the board. Good first post cuz I think we all know how that feels.

UpstateBison
August 31st, 2019, 07:33 PM
You mean the team that beat Furman?

Yeah, the 2018 SoCon champs lost to the OVC & Big South champs and they are still talking. It just amazes me. FuNear knows better.

chattownmocs
September 1st, 2019, 11:31 PM
Idk. I think they can throw the ball on us. Hopefully we can turn them over. I think Bryce is going to have to get behind their secondary, probably twice. Its hard to compare because Southeastern has some guys who can make you miss and run by you with the ball in their hands and UTC doesnt. I think Jacksonville State will outgain us fairly significantly but it should be a close game in the 20s. Maybe we can pull one out finally.

POD Knows
September 2nd, 2019, 08:34 AM
I got JSU in this one which should put chills down the spines of the soon to be 0-2 JSU Halfcocks.

Milktruck74
September 2nd, 2019, 08:59 AM
I got JSU in this one which should put chills down the spines of the soon to be 0-2 JSU Halfcocks.

You should do a POD’s picks newsletter, like the old Leonard’s Losers. Anyway, as a Moc fan, I appreciate the help!!! Ha

TheKingpin28
September 2nd, 2019, 09:05 AM

#bookit

rtzlunar
September 2nd, 2019, 09:08 AM
Since JSU has owned UTC for awhile I can’t pick the Mocs until this curse lifts. JSU 21-20.

POD Knows
September 2nd, 2019, 09:09 AM
#bookitNot gonna waste any karma on this game but wait until you see my FCS pick 'em results from this past weekend. Unless I wrote them down wrong I had a pretty rough weekend and I was actually trying to get the games right. Woof.

POD Knows
September 2nd, 2019, 09:12 AM
You should do a POD’s picks newsletter, like the old Leonard’s Losers. Anyway, as a Moc fan, I appreciate the help!!! Ha

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkThat is actually a pretty good idea, I could share my thoughtful game analysis ideas, the insights and methods that pave the way to the lower tier of prognostication.

TheKingpin28
September 2nd, 2019, 09:13 AM
Not gonna waste any karma on this game but wait until you see my FCS pick 'em results from this past weekend. Unless I wrote them down wrong I had a pretty rough weekend and I was actually trying to get the games right. Woof.

That's what happens when you are #OffTheGrains Can't get the picks right without the proper juice flowing.

Mocs123
September 3rd, 2019, 09:24 AM
So, looking at the stats from last weeks game, I can't help but notice, that while JSU had ton of yards overall, they only rushed for 74 yards. That's not the JSU teams I remember. Is the lack of a running game due to playcalling or is it personnel? I know the OL has a lot of new people, is it an o-line issue or does JSU not have the workhorse running backs they are used to having?

For those that have noticed, we've had problems running the ball the past few years as well. I know Wright wants to run the ball, so our problems against EIU weren't from a lack of trying, and we seemed to have finally found some success with true freshman Ailym Ford. After watching film coach Wright said the holes were there but we missed cuts. Hopefully we can figure that out, and while I don't think you're going to see runner like Craine or Williams back there, we hope to be able to run enough to have a balanced attack.

Milktruck74
September 3rd, 2019, 09:27 AM
I think Ford can be like Craine or Williams. Keep in mind he was playing against HS kids last year. He finds the hole and hits it hard.

Mocs123
September 3rd, 2019, 09:48 AM
I thought Ford played awesome and he was a night and day improvement. I have no doubt that he can be good, and I hope JSU sees large doses of him, but I'm not going to anounce him as the second coming of Craine just yet. We have a pretty small sample size to date, and I don't know how good the EIU defense was.

Cocky
September 3rd, 2019, 10:29 AM
So, looking at the stats from last weeks game, I can't help but notice, that while JSU had ton of yards overall, they only rushed for 74 yards. That's not the JSU teams I remember. Is the lack of a running game due to playcalling or is it personnel? I know the OL has a lot of new people, is it an o-line issue or does JSU not have the workhorse running backs they are used to having?

For those that have noticed, we've had problems running the ball the past few years as well. I know Wright wants to run the ball, so our problems against EIU weren't from a lack of trying, and we seemed to have finally found some success with true freshman Ailym Ford. After watching film coach Wright said the holes were there but we missed cuts. Hopefully we can figure that out, and while I don't think you're going to see runner like Craine or Williams back there, we hope to be able to run enough to have a balanced attack.

Play calling or lack of.

Mocs123
September 3rd, 2019, 10:38 AM
Same OC as previous years?

JSUSoutherner
September 3rd, 2019, 11:23 AM
Same OC as previous years?

Yup.

Mocs123
September 4th, 2019, 09:44 AM
Here's my scouting report: On offense Tiano has a good arm and throws a nice deep ball when he is given time. His top target is Nunally, and he was the only reciever coming into the season with any catches. He has a group of newcomers in redshirt Freshman Juwan Tyus (who was listed at TE last year), another redshirt Freshman in Lameric Tucker, and Sophmore Jeffery Wood II. We also picked up three transfers, one from Georgia Military College, Kanore McKinnon, Reginald Henderson was a DB at MTSU (for now UTC DB coach David Bibee), and lastly grad transfer Tyrin Summers from Cincinnati who was hurt and DNP against EIU.

Our offensive line was terrible in '17, and improved, particularly in pass protection in '18, but was still the weak link on offense. All five starters return, but there are two new faces in the starting lineup in McClendon Curtis sophomore, and Kyle Miskelley a JR transfer from DII Minot State (ND). We signed Kyle's brother at LB last year and they wanted to play together. We also brought back offensive line coach Chris Malone who was at UTC from '13 to '16 and did an excellent job coaching the line during those years.

At running back we return All So-Con (2nd team) back Tyrell Price, who did not run well in the opener. We also have Albany transfer Elijah Ibitokun-Hanks who was an All American while at Albany. The surprise against EIU was true freshman Ailym Ford, who looked night and day like or best back (at least last Thursday) - He'd be a name I'd watch for in the future.

On Defense we're running a 3-3-5 scheme and unlike Huesman, who preferred to play straight up defense, our new DC, likes to blitz and will come at you from all different angles.

We lost two great Defensive Linemen from last years squad (of interesting note, Huesman signed Derick Mahaffey from Juco as a result of needing more meat up front in the JSU playoff game in 2015) but have Devonnsha Maxwell, a sophomore who looks like the next great Chattanooga lineman, along with seniors Telvin Jones, who has played well but struggled to remain healthy, and Khayyan Edwards, who has moved back and forth between DE and OLB throughout his Chattanooga Career.

We have top returning tackler, senior Marshall Cooper at linebacker, but you will also see Ty Boeck playing quite a bit, as well. It's obvious Wright felt like we needed some help at linebacker as after the spring he brought in some transfers, two of which are starting, sophomores Kam Jones (who played for DC Ward at Louisville) and UNC transfer Kanye Roberts.

I'm sure our DB's will be tested on Saturday and hopefully they are up for it. Safties Brandon Dowdell and Jerrell Lawson are both returning starters from last season. Our corners have been Jordan Jones, a Junior who has played quite a bit the past few years but this is his first year starting, and Cameron Turner, a senior, who had been buried in the depth chart under Arth (and was a surprise starter for me). At the dime or third Safety, you will see both Rashun Freeman and Adiran King. King started last week, but Freeman is listed as the starter vs JSU. You'll also see DJ Jackson a starter from last year, CaMiron Smith, a sophomore who played quite a bit last season, and Kam Brown, a true freshman who played last week.

JSUSoutherner
September 6th, 2019, 11:39 AM
One day to go, the stadium has been powerwashed, the beer installed, the video boards tested, and the banners hung.

Let's goooooooohttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190906/e6c74059e87d24a49034617bb90bca14.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190906/bcb9edc3ec8df5a75296eab83f482753.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190906/94c102b24a97ca542815070edf4f8936.jpg

Sent from my Galaxy S9+ using Tapatalk

FUGameBreaker
September 6th, 2019, 11:48 AM
Should be a good game for sure, both teams with a lot to play for here

rtzlunar
September 6th, 2019, 03:10 PM
I’ll go with JSU until UTC ends the streak. Cocks 21-20. Mocs fumble a punt or kickoff in a tie game in the 4th quarter. Score a late TD but miss extra point to lose. They’ve lost every possible painful way to JSU recently.

JSUSoutherner
September 6th, 2019, 03:14 PM
I’ll go with JSU until UTC ends the streak. Cocks 21-20. Mocs fumble a punt or kickoff in a tie game in the 4th quarter. Score a late TD but miss extra point to lose. They’ve lost every possible painful way to JSU recently.

Not every possible way I'm sure.

I'm positive we'll discover a new way to beat UTC tomorrow.

cx500d
September 6th, 2019, 05:30 PM
Not every possible way I'm sure.

I'm positive we'll discover a new way to piss a game away tomorrow.

Fyp

JSUSoutherner
September 6th, 2019, 05:31 PM
Fyp

No, that's next week.

penguinpower
September 6th, 2019, 09:56 PM
Come on Jax State get your **** together. I want another playoff game with Y'all (If we can get in) I live in the south. Easy drive and you have great fans

JSUSoutherner
September 6th, 2019, 10:53 PM
Come on Jax State get your **** together. I want another playoff game with Y'all (If we can get in) I live in the south. Easy drive and you have great fans

Well if you're so close you're always welcome to come out whether YSU is here or not.

jsualumnus
September 7th, 2019, 05:48 AM

Amen, brotha!!!

Milktruck74
September 7th, 2019, 04:35 PM
Day-yum!!! is that press box a 4 story trailer?

JSUSoutherner
September 7th, 2019, 04:40 PM
Day-yum!!! is that press box a 4 story trailer?It was built in the 60s or 70s.

But this one wasn't. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190907/86a5b2219c9dbeb1ce44f4209500e25c.jpg

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190907/6f7a94c33cc075c56cdca18d29b5da3d.jpg

Milktruck74
September 7th, 2019, 05:06 PM
I'll bet that new one has underpinning and everything!

Milktruck74
September 7th, 2019, 06:22 PM
The Mocs ran it 11 times vs 2 pass attempts. The drive stalled on the 15 and yielded a FG. The chicks bowed up when it mattered and saved a TD. Good start. Let’s see what the chicks got on O.

Professor Chaos
September 7th, 2019, 06:24 PM
Can someone link the GoFundMe to upgrade the announcers' (particularly the color guy's) ham radio to a post 1960s model???

Milktruck74
September 7th, 2019, 06:50 PM
Back Up center is in for the Mocs. That could be an issue.

JSUSoutherner
September 7th, 2019, 06:56 PM
. Let’s see what the chicks got on O.

I'm happy right now.

We ran the ball.

I'm on the verge of tears. :D

Milktruck74
September 7th, 2019, 06:58 PM
Losing that big boy might hurt. Maxwell is about to line up over a newb.

rtzlunar
September 7th, 2019, 06:59 PM
UTC = JSU’s bitch

JSUSoutherner
September 7th, 2019, 07:01 PM
Chattanooga players getting chippy.

I'd be mad too if I was getting my butt kicked by a team that lost to SELA.

Milktruck74
September 7th, 2019, 07:03 PM
Chattanooga players getting chippy.

I'd be mad too if I was getting my butt kicked by a team that lost to SELA.

I’d be mad if I got beat by SELA too.

JSUSoutherner
September 7th, 2019, 07:03 PM
I’d be mad if I got beat by SELA too.

SCOREBOAARRRRRDDDDDDD

Milktruck74
September 7th, 2019, 07:05 PM
SCOREBOAARRRRRDDDDDDD

Dude, I know you are just a young pup, but you do know the score after 3 quarters really doesn’t matter in this series. Ha.

rtzlunar
September 7th, 2019, 07:10 PM
Chattanooga’s secondary didn’t make the trip. Gonna be a blowout.

Milktruck74
September 7th, 2019, 07:11 PM
Don’t have an answer for the big tall WRs.

JSUSoutherner
September 7th, 2019, 07:13 PM
Dude, I know you are just a young pup, but you do know the score after 3 quarters really doesn’t matter in this series. Ha.

Yeah I know.

That's why I hope we keep our foot on the gas through the third.

Schism55
September 7th, 2019, 07:13 PM
Cocky came to play today!

Milktruck74
September 7th, 2019, 07:14 PM
If the Mocs can go to the break down 11, there is a shot.

JSUSoutherner
September 7th, 2019, 07:14 PM
Cocky came to play today!

Third quarter will make or break this game.

I'm excited but this game is FARRRRRRR from over.

Like Milktruck says, epic comebacks are all too common in this series.

jsualumnus
September 7th, 2019, 07:17 PM
I am feeling more confident that last week was just a bad bad screw up. Cooper 9-9 167 yds... 1 TD and 1 rushing TD, thus far.

Milktruck74
September 7th, 2019, 07:17 PM
That was a six for Nunnely is Bridges didn’t hold his arm down.

jsualumnus
September 7th, 2019, 07:18 PM

We got a return favor from the personal foul in the 1st qtr. Total BS call...

JSUSoutherner
September 7th, 2019, 07:18 PM

It was also 6 for our DT if Tiano had thrown a better spiral

jsualumnus
September 7th, 2019, 07:20 PM
At this Maine/Ga Southern game. Maine is playing pretty dang good!

JSUSoutherner
September 7th, 2019, 07:23 PM
I hate our special teams.

Schism55
September 7th, 2019, 07:29 PM
I hate our special teams.
Fat punter cost you 15 yards on that return xlolx

JSUSoutherner
September 7th, 2019, 07:44 PM
I know no one here cares...

But this year's edition of the Marching Southerners is something special.

If you get a chance to come to a game, do it.

Bison56
September 7th, 2019, 07:45 PM
Fat punter cost you 15 yards on that return xlolx

A fat JSU player, weird.

Milktruck74
September 7th, 2019, 07:47 PM
I know no one here cares...

But this year's edition of the Marching Southerners is something special.

If you get a chance to come to a game, do it.

I’m pretty sure our flag girls can take yours. Maybe not in actual twirling, but absolutely it competitive eating and sumo wrestling.

JSUSoutherner
September 7th, 2019, 07:56 PM
I’m pretty sure our flag girls can take yours. Maybe not in actual twirling, but absolutely it competitive eating and sumo wrestling.

You mean your flag girl?

Milktruck74
September 7th, 2019, 07:58 PM
Cooper’s arm is impressive and his targets are really good. If that OL can figure out a way to give him time, JSU will run the tables In the OVC. If they figure out how to get a push and find a ground game, y’all might find a way to win in the playoffs. Ha.

JSUSoutherner
September 7th, 2019, 08:03 PM
Cooper’s arm is impressive and his targets are really good. If that OL can figure out a way to give him time, JSU will run the tables In the OVC. If they figure out how to get a push and find a ground game, y’all might find a way to win in the playoffs. Ha.

If we get a Defense on top of that we might be half decent

jsualumnus
September 7th, 2019, 08:05 PM
Seems we have a shotgun pointed at our feet.

Milktruck74
September 7th, 2019, 08:08 PM
Your D is fine For the OVC. And you got a Moc as your OL coach...of course that means he is smarter than most of your players....and All of your Fans...so...if he can dumb it down to where they understand, y’all
Will be fine. Haha.

JSUSoutherner
September 7th, 2019, 08:11 PM
Your D is fine For the OVC. And you got a Moc as your OL coach...of course that means he is smarter than most of your players....and All of your Fans...so...if he can dumb it down to where they understand, y’all
Will be fine. Haha.

So that's why our OL is the worst unit on our team.

Milktruck74
September 7th, 2019, 08:13 PM
So that's why our OL is the worst unit on our team.

Young kids. Give him a few games. He has been your OL coach for 4 years.

JSUSoutherner
September 7th, 2019, 08:21 PM
Our special teams are sooooooo baddddddddd.

jsualumnus
September 7th, 2019, 08:22 PM
He was a really good player from what I remember. IMHO, he‘s been given responsibility over very young and in experienced OL.

Game I just saw... Maine was very good! Ferguson is a beast.

- - - Updated - - -

Our special teams are sooooooo baddddddddd.

What happened?

JSUSoutherner
September 7th, 2019, 08:26 PM
He was a really good player from what I remember. IMHO, he‘s been given responsibility over very young and in experienced OL.

Game I just saw... Maine was very good! Ferguson is a beast.

- - - Updated - - -

What happened?

Our kick coverage is atrocious, we apparently can't kick a 42 yard field goal, and we missed a PAT.

Also that PI was a gift from God for Chattanooga.

jsualumnus
September 7th, 2019, 08:29 PM
Back at tailgate watching the feed... DL is also atrocious... Secondary having a real bitch of a time. Good gosh! Another f’in penalty...

JSUSoutherner
September 7th, 2019, 08:29 PM
Back at tailgate watching the feed... DL is also atrocious...

Our defense is atrocious.

JSUSoutherner
September 7th, 2019, 08:31 PM
Is it just me or does this feel a lot like 2015?

jsualumnus
September 7th, 2019, 08:31 PM
Now that I’m listening, these announcers suck!!!!

Milktruck74
September 7th, 2019, 08:32 PM
Hey Southerner, how much heartburn is that missed XP giving you? Hahah. As I said before, this series is always a 4th quarter game.

Milktruck74
September 7th, 2019, 08:32 PM
Is it just me or does this feel a lot like 2015?

I hope so.

Milktruck74
September 7th, 2019, 08:33 PM
Now that I’m listening, these announcers suck!!!!

Yes. They have butchered names. And called the wrong player multiple times.

jsualumnus
September 7th, 2019, 08:36 PM
I could go in with a damn hair lip and do a better job that this analyst...

JSUSoutherner
I hope so.

You remember how it ended, right?

JSUSoutherner
Hey Southerner, how much heartburn is that missed XP giving you? Hahah. As I said before, this series is always a 4th quarter game.

Yes.

Milktruck74
September 7th, 2019, 08:40 PM
You remember how it ended, right?

Yeah, but being in it at the end is all I ask.

JSUSoutherner
September 7th, 2019, 08:42 PM
The fact we can't kick a field goal from inside the 30 is completely pathetic.

In other news, TREY F***ING BARRY!

Milktruck74
September 7th, 2019, 08:44 PM
Catch?

jsualumnus
September 7th, 2019, 08:44 PM
Holy hell that’s luck!

JSUSoutherner
September 7th, 2019, 08:46 PM
Trey Barry earned himself a nice ribeye for that drive.

JSUSoutherner
September 7th, 2019, 08:49 PM
This is setting up to be the a nearly identical score line to the 2015 playoff game. The only difference is JSU missed a PAT. But UTC kicked two FGs instead of a TD so if the rally from 14 down again it will still go to OT.

JSUSoutherner
September 7th, 2019, 08:53 PM
HELLO DEFENSE. OH HOW IVE MISSED YOU.

EAT **** SHATTANOOGA.

Yeah, I'm humble.

Milktruck74
September 7th, 2019, 08:55 PM
Ball game.

JSUSoutherner
September 7th, 2019, 08:57 PM
Ball game.

Only if we score here.

Milktruck74
September 7th, 2019, 08:57 PM
No. That’s it.

CockyGeek
September 7th, 2019, 08:58 PM
This is no longer a rivalry of any kind.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

JSUSoutherner
September 7th, 2019, 08:58 PM
Only if we score here.

WHICH WE DO.

HEY CHATTANOOGA, WHOSE YOUR DADDY?!

JSUSoutherner
September 7th, 2019, 08:59 PM
This is no longer a rivalry of any kind.

Unfortunately.

Maybe UNA will step up.

Daytripper
September 7th, 2019, 09:00 PM

EAT **** SHATTANOOGA.

Yeah, I'm humble.

Nice game. Told you I would admit I'm wrong, and here I am.

kdinva
September 7th, 2019, 09:02 PM
do we vote for Jax. state tomorrow?

Milktruck74
September 7th, 2019, 09:03 PM
My Mocs have some
Work to do, but I’m not upset with the effort. We found a RB in Ford. I saw good Things. And there was no quit. Last year we would have lost by 50.

JSUSoutherner
September 7th, 2019, 09:04 PM
do we vote for Jax. state tomorrow?

I will but there is still room for improvement.

This isn't quite the top 10 squad that was hyped preseason, but it's rankable.

JSUSoutherner
September 7th, 2019, 09:07 PM
BONUS POINTS. LEGGO.

RUN. IT. UP.

Milktruck74
September 7th, 2019, 09:08 PM
BONUS POINTS. LEGGO.

RUN. IT. UP.

Have some class.... oh, wait, never mind.

JSUSoutherner
September 7th, 2019, 09:09 PM
Have some class.... oh, wait, never mind.

NO.

Milktruck74
September 7th, 2019, 09:11 PM
Just remember the more plays you run the more chance you have of getting somebody hurt.

JSUSoutherner
September 7th, 2019, 09:12 PM
Just remember the more plays you run the more chance you have of getting somebody hurt.

Our backups are in, they need the reps.

Milktruck74
September 7th, 2019, 09:13 PM
Our backups are in, they need the reps.

Starting OL and Cooper.

JSUSoutherner
September 7th, 2019, 09:13 PM
Starting OL and Cooper.

10 is Zion Webb Chief.

Honestly the starting OL could use the reps.

Scrappy94
September 7th, 2019, 09:14 PM

EAT **** SHATTANOOGA.

Yeah, I'm humble.Do you have any sense of sportsmanship and decency? This is why I have no respect for jsu

JSUSoutherner
September 7th, 2019, 09:19 PM
Do you have any sense of sportsmanship and decency? This is why I have no respect for jsu

Oh please. If this was reversed would you not rub it in?

Scrappy94
September 7th, 2019, 09:41 PM
Oh please. If this was reversed would you not rub it in?

Absolutely not! I'm not that kind of person. Do I love to see the Mocs win? Of course, but I would never rub a win in an opponents face. It's called being respectful, which we need a lot more of in this world. Maybe you should try it.

dgtw
September 7th, 2019, 09:43 PM
Go Gamecocks!!!!

I almost died from the heat.

JSUSoutherner
September 7th, 2019, 09:50 PM
Absolutely not! I'm not that kind of person. Do I love to see the Mocs win? Of course, but I would never rub a win in an opponents face. It's called being respectful, which we need a lot more of in this world. Maybe you should try it.

Disappointing.

jsualumnus
September 7th, 2019, 11:22 PM
Good win, and yes to ranking top 15 maybe.

Scrappy... Take it easy, as it’s all in good fun. Chattanooga is good this year.

JSUSoutherner
September 7th, 2019, 11:25 PM
Yes to ranking top 15

Let's see more improvement in the run game and with the defense and special teams.

Then we can talk about this.

JSU is rankable, but not top 15 IMO.

Bison56
September 7th, 2019, 11:26 PM
JSU won, put them down for the 2 seed.xcoffeex

Mocs123
September 8th, 2019, 07:45 AM
Congratulations to JSU. We didn't have an answer to Cooper and your big wideouts (and TE). Good Luck in the rest of your season.

By the way - How did that team get killed against SLU?

Cocky
September 8th, 2019, 08:09 AM
Congratulations to JSU. We didn't have an answer to Cooper and your big wideouts (and TE). Good Luck in the rest of your season.

By the way - How did that team get killed against SLU?

Didnt watch the SELA game, but this was the first game is some time with no dancing on the sidelines (at least till the game was decided). Fewer stupid penalties and we snapped the ball before the play clock ran out. Our kicking game stayed on the sidelines which at least gives us an opportunity for success. Also and probably most important we handed the ball to the RBs more. Good or great teams can run the football while avg teams throw. It is still a mans game not a boys game.

UTC does have some good RBs. The QB is not very accurate.

CockyGeek
September 8th, 2019, 09:00 AM

By the way - How did that team get killed against SLU?Much better decision making by Cooper and better play calling all around. Every single drive wasn't derailed by 50 penalty yards. The killer instinct was there. I haven't seen that in a year.

jsualumnus
September 8th, 2019, 11:09 AM
JSU won, put them down for the 2 seed.xcoffeex
Dude, your sarcasm is getting old. It was funny a couple years ago... okay, truthfully, this is sarcasm! Don’t take offense...

JSUSoutherner
September 8th, 2019, 02:37 PM
Dude, your sarcasm is getting old. It was funny a couple years ago... okay, truthfully, this is sarcasm! Don’t take offense...

Just tune out 56. His only purpose here is to serve woefully weak smack. I usually gloss over his posts entirely as they rarely contain anything of substance.

jsualumnus
September 10th, 2019, 07:15 PM
Just tune out 56. His only purpose here is to serve woefully weak smack. I usually gloss over his posts entirely as they rarely contain anything of substance.
I was just messin with him... he good he good...

Bison56
September 10th, 2019, 08:48 PM

Ouch