PDA

View Full Version : Hey NDSU, how about a home and home series with Furman in 2021 & 2022

FUGameBreaker
August 25th, 2019, 05:05 PM
New series timeline:

@ NDSU in 2024
@ Furman in 2025

Let's make it happen! xnodx

FUGameBreaker
August 25th, 2019, 05:07 PM
Seems it would fit:

future FU schedules:
https://fbschedules.com/ncaa/furman/

future NDSU schedules:
https://fbschedules.com/ncaa/north-dakota-state/

Bison Fan in NW MN
August 25th, 2019, 05:51 PM
Call our AD and make it happen.

2 cupcake games would be nice!

ST_Lawson
August 25th, 2019, 06:21 PM

But how often do you guys even play on the road OOC? Seems like it's pretty rare generally. I'm aware of Delaware, Eastern Washington, and Montana...but all that's over the last 5 years or something (and 2 are part of the Big Sky vs MVFC "challenge").

JSUSoutherner
August 25th, 2019, 06:22 PM
I would assume NDSU's AD would like to schedule teams he knows will actually show up to play and not just back out at the last second. xcoffeex

POD Knows
August 25th, 2019, 06:23 PM
But how often do you guys even play on the road OOC? Seems like it's pretty rare generally. I'm aware of Delaware, Eastern Washington, and Montana...but all that's over the last 5 years or something (and 2 are part of the Big Sky vs MVFC "challenge").
FBS games when we can get a sucker to play us.

Bison Fan in NW MN
August 25th, 2019, 06:28 PM

Right from our AD......"Gophers turn us down every year".....xcoffeex Plus many other FBS teams have said NO!

We have a fan base, me included, that wants 6 home games every year. 12 game seasons are fine for going on the road to another FCS team. But to lose a home game in an 11 game season just because we should schedule home/home with other FCS teams is nonsense.

- - - Updated - - -

FBS games when we can get a sucker to play us.

Bison beat Oregon next year!!

Calling it now....xnodx

POD Knows
August 25th, 2019, 06:35 PM
Right from our AD......"Gophers turn us down every year".....xcoffeex Plus many other FBS teams have said NO!

We have a fan base, me included, that wants 6 home games every year. 12 game seasons are fine for going on the road to another FCS team. But to lose a home game in an 11 game season just because we should schedule home/home with other FCS teams is nonsense.

- - - Updated - - -

Calling it now....xnodx
I am going. This to me is the best FBS game in the Bison run.

Bison Fan in NW MN
August 25th, 2019, 06:39 PM
I am going. This to me is the best FBS game in the Bison run.

My plan is to be out there also.

If the game was this year, it would be a tough one to win. Montana is going to get curb stomped. The Ducks lose their QB after this year. Next year they will take a step back. Young Bison team with a year under their belt.....esp Lance....

Plus Oregon usually has trouble with Stanford that runs a style similar to the Bison.

Bisonoline
August 25th, 2019, 07:09 PM

I doubt we would travel for a controlled scrimmage.xthumbsupx

Bison Fan in NW MN
August 25th, 2019, 07:13 PM
I doubt we would travel for a controlled scrimmage.xthumbsupx

xlolx

Had to give some rep for this one....xthumbsupx

TheKingpin28
August 25th, 2019, 07:36 PM
@ NDSU in 2021
@ Furman in 2022

Let's make it happen! xnodx

NGTH. If we are on the road for a FBS in 2022, we will be at home for the other 2. If you flip the years around, sure, we could use a warm-up game for when Trey Lance and Co. are Juniors and Seniors.

ST_Lawson
August 25th, 2019, 07:42 PM

- - - Updated - - -

Calling it now....xnodx

Oh, I'm well aware. It was pretty funny seeing that article on SB Nation (https://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2014/8/30/6086977/north-dakota-state-fcs-fbs-STOP-PLAYING-THEM) updated every year when you guys would beat another one. They finally started taking that advice.
You guys expect 6 home games a year and you have the money to make it happen. There's no rule saying you have to play a certain number of games on the road, so why not play nearly all your OOC at home, if you can.

Bisonoline
August 25th, 2019, 08:24 PM
Oh, I'm well aware. It was pretty funny seeing that article on SB Nation (https://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2014/8/30/6086977/north-dakota-state-fcs-fbs-STOP-PLAYING-THEM) updated every year when you guys would beat another one. They finally started taking that advice.
You guys expect 6 home games a year and you have the money to make it happen. There's no rule saying you have to play a certain number of games on the road, so why not play nearly all your OOC at home, if you can.

Take a look at Iowas OOC. xthumbsupx

FUGameBreaker
August 26th, 2019, 02:56 AM
This would be an interesting series
It could be other years than what I suggested that was just the basis to start discussions with

PaladinFan
August 26th, 2019, 05:15 AM
This would be an interesting series
It could be other years than what I suggested that was just the basis to start discussions with

I have two thoughts:

1. I'd love to see more home/home games between prominent FCS schools. It's good for the subdivision.

2. As a fan, I'm reluctant to support such games because the playoff committee has indicated that strength of schedule really isn't much of a factor in their selections. I used to think SOS was a key component - that teams would be rewarded for playing top competition. After the last few years, I'm inclined to think it's better to just stay close to home and pick up easier wins. If the committee awarded playing these sorts of games, you'd probably see more of them.

PaladinNation
August 26th, 2019, 06:43 AM
I find the game interesting but IMO it has to have other benefits for both schools.

Recruiting:
Would coming to South Carolina help NDSU with it's recruiting footprint?
I know the Bison recruit Florida, not sure about SC, NC, and GA. From this angle paying a visit to Greenville could help them wrap a recruiting showcase. A plus for NDSU.

Would coming to North Dakota help FU with it's recruiting footprint?
No. Furman sits in fertile recruiting territory. FU recruits GA, SC, TN, NC, FL, AL heavily - since CCH has became HC add TX, and OH. The Dakota teams have built their programs with local talent plus they get talent from the west coast. I'd rate this a minus for Furman.

Fans:
Would NDSU fans travel to GSP? Greenville is now considered a destination city, we've shown we can put on quite a show (NCAA BB). The upstate is a football area, Clemson is 30 miles away, SC is 90 miles away, Wofford is 30 minutes away. If NDSU came to town I'd bet it would be a sold out. 18,000 to 20,000.

Would Furman fans travel to the ND? This fan would, I've had the pleasure to travel extensively in ND/SD for work. I consider several people in SD as my best friends - your great people. If Furman is building into what it appears, and by 2020 or 20201 a top ten team. People in purple would make the trek. How many? 500+ Not as much as NDSU fans travel.

Finally is there a rivalry, or a demand for the game? No. If NDSU wanted to make an east coast trek - it makes more sense to play JMU right now. If Furman makes the playoffs this season and sent out to Fargo and makes it a game or shock's everyone and beats the mighty Bison at home - game on. Right now Furman has to raise the bar and take our program to the next level.

What's not being talked about. Furman just made a new AD hire. He's a 'Nova' basketball guy. My guess is Furman is putting an emphasis on Basketball. This past season woke up a sleepy little giant — Furman BB, and Furman BB fans. I hope football doesn't get crunched by the elevation of basketball. I'll bet you could see packages you play us in BB and we'll come up and play a football game. I won't be surprised to see a FU/Nova home and home or another FU/CAA matchup it just makes more business sense.

gofurman
August 26th, 2019, 06:54 AM
the last two replies by PaladinFan and PaladinNation are very well thought out. It doesn't make sense - especially for Furman. As PaladinFan said, say Furman lost by only 10.. that would be great compared to most FCS schools showing v NDSU.. but the committee has shown that's worth nothing TO THEM (which is ridiculous). Everyone here on AGS knows that would be worth a lot but the committee thinks Furman beating Stetson is worth more than playing close w NDSU (and I am not saying Furman is that close to NDSU AT ALL, I am just making an example). RIDICULOUS as that bias is from the committee .. so FU has to schedule to make the playoffs which is a shame

Thumper 76
August 26th, 2019, 07:24 AM
I have two thoughts:

1. I'd love to see more home/home games between prominent FCS schools. It's good for the subdivision.

2. As a fan, I'm reluctant to support such games because the playoff committee has indicated that strength of schedule really isn't much of a factor in their selections. I used to think SOS was a key component - that teams would be rewarded for playing top competition. After the last few years, I'm inclined to think it's better to just stay close to home and pick up easier wins. If the committee awarded playing these sorts of games, you'd probably see more of them.

I agree with all of this. With how the committee seems to value W/L record over SOS, for a team from the MVFC it doesn’t make a ton of sense to lose home games when you can have a strong enough SOS in conference. Teams like SDSU and ndsu are on the pattern of one decent FCS, one FBS (if they can), and a warm up at home. The years they’re at an FBS they’ll almost always have two home OOC games. That’s the pattern, and it’s been working. I would love to see some big OOC match ups for SDSU, hopefully some get lined up down the road. For all the crap they get I gotta say ndsu has done a pretty decent job of getting some marquee OOC matchups with teams like EWU, Montana, and UD over the past several years despite their scheduling philosophy.

FUGameBreaker
August 26th, 2019, 08:16 AM
the last two replies by PaladinFan and PaladinNation are very well thought out. It doesn't make sense - especially for Furman. As PaladinFan said, say Furman lost by only 10.. that would be great compared to most FCS schools showing v NDSU.. but the committee has shown that's worth nothing TO THEM (which is ridiculous). Everyone here on AGS knows that would be worth a lot but the committee thinks Furman beating Stetson is worth more than playing close w NDSU (and I am not saying Furman is that close to NDSU AT ALL, I am just making an example). RIDICULOUS as that bias is from the committee .. so FU has to schedule to make the playoffs which is a shame

Signing a home and home with NDSU is worth the risk, absolutely, the possible pluses far outweigh the possible negatives

FUGameBreaker
August 26th, 2019, 08:17 AM
I find the game interesting but IMO it has to have other benefits for both schools.

Recruiting:
I know the Bison recruit Florida, not sure about SC, NC, and GA. From this angle paying a visit to Greenville could help them wrap a recruiting showcase. A plus for NDSU.

No. Furman sits in fertile recruiting territory. FU recruits GA, SC, TN, NC, FL, AL heavily - since CCH has became HC add TX, and OH. The Dakota teams have built their programs with local talent plus they get talent from the west coast. I'd rate this a minus for Furman.

Fans:
Would NDSU fans travel to GSP? Greenville is now considered a destination city, we've shown we can put on quite a show (NCAA BB). The upstate is a football area, Clemson is 30 miles away, SC is 90 miles away, Wofford is 30 minutes away. If NDSU came to town I'd bet it would be a sold out. 18,000 to 20,000.

Would Furman fans travel to the ND? This fan would, I've had the pleasure to travel extensively in ND/SD for work. I consider several people in SD as my best friends - your great people. If Furman is building into what it appears, and by 2020 or 20201 a top ten team. People in purple would make the trek. How many? 500+ Not as much as NDSU fans travel.

Finally is there a rivalry, or a demand for the game? No. If NDSU wanted to make an east coast trek - it makes more sense to play JMU right now. If Furman makes the playoffs this season and sent out to Fargo and makes it a game or shock's everyone and beats the mighty Bison at home - game on. Right now Furman has to raise the bar and take our program to the next level.

What's not being talked about. Furman just made a new AD hire. He's a 'Nova' basketball guy. My guess is Furman is putting an emphasis on Basketball. This past season woke up a sleepy little giant — Furman BB, and Furman BB fans. I hope football doesn't get crunched by the elevation of basketball. I'll bet you could see packages you play us in BB and we'll come up and play a football game. I won't be surprised to see a FU/Nova home and home or another FU/CAA matchup it just makes more business sense.

What you mean no rivalry, lol :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W3hbUzV8xCM

Herder
August 26th, 2019, 08:23 AM
Call 1800gobison, and let's Furm it up.

FUGameBreaker
August 26th, 2019, 08:25 AM
Call 1800gobison, and let's Furm it up.

xthumbsupx

Bisonoline
August 26th, 2019, 09:09 AM
Signing a home and home with NDSU is worth the risk, absolutely, the possible pluses far outweigh the possible negatives

xrolleyesx

Bisonator
August 26th, 2019, 09:24 AM
Doubt you'd get us down there in 2022. We are at Arizona that year and it's only an 11 game year so we need 2 OOC home games. Another year might work and I wouldn't be opposed to it.

wapiti
August 26th, 2019, 09:33 AM
Doubt you'd get us down there in 2022. We are at Arizona that year and it's only an 11 game year so we need 2 OOC home games. Another year might work and I wouldn't be opposed to it.

What is ya? CHICKEN!! xdrunkyx

FUGameBreaker
August 26th, 2019, 10:00 AM

Ok, 2021, 2023 or 2024

Bisonator
August 26th, 2019, 10:22 AM
Ok, 2021, 2023 or 2024

Works for me, let me know when you get it ironed out. xthumbsupx

UpstateBison
August 26th, 2019, 11:10 AM

This would be awesome. A 40 minute drive for me compared to driving to the MVFC locations would be fantastic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FUGameBreaker
August 26th, 2019, 11:34 AM

For sure, we are flexible xnodx

This would be awesome. A 40 minute drive for me compared to driving to the MVFC locations would be fantastic.

I had you in mind of course haha

gofurman
August 26th, 2019, 11:40 AM

Recruiting:

Fans:

-----------

read the point on recruiting etc. I don't think this makes sense for Furman. Exciting on the surface? yes. sense? no

walliver
August 26th, 2019, 11:49 AM
I doubt FU's AD would be excited about this. An extra plane trip and the only benefit would be selling more tickets to the home game, and even then the game would be overshadowed by Clemson and South Carolina. There are no recruiting advantages. A win over Gardner-Webb would be much more helpful for playoff purposes than a loss to NDSU, and a win over NDSU would only be marginally better than a win over Gardner-Webb.

Big Time OOC games make little sense in FCS.

BisonTru
August 26th, 2019, 11:58 AM

Recruiting:

Fans:

I don't see much of a recruiting plus for NDSU. We recruit Florida a bit but not the rest of the South. IMO, that's pretty well saturated with the number of college teams down there plus a lot of the FBS programs up here going down there as well to recruit. Our bread basket is ND/MN/WI and with only two FBS programs in those three states, it's worked quite well for us.

With that put away, I don't think recruiting is ever a big plus for an FCS home and home. We're generally all pretty regional recruiting wise. As a fan though, getting more quality inter-conference matchups is always a plus. I have the excitement level of a snail to watch us beat up on Butler.

Herder
August 26th, 2019, 02:38 PM
My plan is to be out there also.

If the game was this year, it would be a tough one to win. Montana is going to get curb stomped. The Ducks lose their QB after this year. Next year they will take a step back. Young Bison team with a year under their belt.....esp Lance....

Plus Oregon usually has trouble with Stanford that runs a style similar to the Bison.

Lots of people said that current incoming FR class at Oregon was their top of all time. It aint getting easier.

Thumper 76
August 26th, 2019, 03:00 PM
, and a win over NDSU would only be marginally better than a win over Gardner-Webb.

Big Time OOC games make little sense in FCS.

I was on board till you said this. Anyone saying a W over ndsu is marginally better than a win over freaking Garner-Webb needs their head examined.

FUGameBreaker
August 26th, 2019, 06:53 PM
I was on board till you said this. Anyone saying a W over ndsu is marginally better than a win over freaking Garner-Webb needs their head examined.

That was said by a Woffy fan, FU fan here and I would relish a big time FCS regular season home and home series with you guys! I don't want our schedule philosophy to be because we are scared to play anybody, I am tired of playing piss ant schools in Paladin Stadium, home and home series with the likes of NDSU, JMU ect. are what we need again. We use to have great home games with Marshall, App St., GSU, Delaware, JSU ect., I want that again!

FUGameBreaker
August 26th, 2019, 07:05 PM
Don't tell me playing NDSU in Greenville does not benefit Furman's recruiting, there is no better game to host for Furman than NDSU, bring every recruit and put on a spectacle, gotta think big to do big things

Bisonoline
August 26th, 2019, 07:11 PM
Don't tell me playing NDSU in Greenville does not benefit Furman's recruiting, there is no better game to host for Furman than NDSU, bring every recruit and put on a spectacle, gotta thing big to do big things

Considering how you bad mouthed every aspect of NDSU last year I am sure you must be trolling in supposedly wanting this game.

FUGameBreaker
August 26th, 2019, 08:57 PM
Considering how you bad mouthed every aspect of NDSU last year I am sure you must be trolling in supposedly wanting this game.

What did I say about NDSU 'last season'?

Bisonoline
August 26th, 2019, 09:08 PM

Its might be easier to discern what you didnt say.

Sader87
August 26th, 2019, 09:11 PM
As some have said here, intersectional FCS-FCS OOC games really don't make much sense save for extenuating circumstances.

It's why we play at this level in the 1st place....keep D1 football somewhat in perspective, academic concerns, local rivalries, keep finances somewhat in check etc.

We aren't playing in the SEC or Big 12....

PaladinNation
August 26th, 2019, 09:25 PM
Don't tell me playing NDSU in Greenville does not benefit Furman's recruiting, there is no better game to host for Furman than NDSU, bring every recruit and put on a spectacle, gotta think big to do big things

Are you not following Furman's recruiting this season? No dis meant to the Bison, but Furman's doing just fine. I'm not sure there is a team hotter right now than Furman in recruiting for 2020. Not my words check out some of Brian McLaughlin comments about Furman's early season recruiting on twitter.

Just one of the big boys committed to the Dins for 2020:

https://youtu.be/a-rZI_Vfr5k

UpstateBison
August 26th, 2019, 09:38 PM

You have to go back to the Youngstown State game in 2015. He went ballistic. He goes back to his mom’s basement when Furman loses. He thinks the SoCon parity means they are relevant and good. I hope that changes soon but it has to happen on the field.

Thumper 76
August 26th, 2019, 10:13 PM
That was said by a Woffy fan, FU fan here and I would relish a big time FCS regular season home and home series with you guys! I don't want our schedule philosophy to be because we are scared to play anybody, I am tired of playing piss ant schools in Paladin Stadium, home and home series with the likes of NDSU, JMU ect. are what we need again. We use to have great home games with Marshall, App St., GSU, Delaware, JSU ect., I want that again!

You’re referring to SDSU here playing y’all right? (The correct answer is why yes, Thumper, I would never call you a ndsu fan)

FUGameBreaker
August 26th, 2019, 11:30 PM
You have to go back to the Youngstown State game in 2015. He went ballistic. He goes back to his mom’s basement when Furman loses. He thinks the SoCon parity means they are relevant and good. I hope that changes soon but it has to happen on the field.

Sounds like 4 or 5 year old sour grapes from you to me, I've long since forgotten about all that and could not care less at all, to many good things going on in life xnodx

FUGameBreaker
August 26th, 2019, 11:31 PM
Are you not following Furman's recruiting this season? No dis meant to the Bison, but Furman's doing just fine. I'm not sure there is a team hotter right now than Furman in recruiting for 2020. Not my words check out some of Brian McLaughlin comments about Furman's early season recruiting on twitter.

Just one of the big boys committed to the Dins for 2020:

https://youtu.be/a-rZI_Vfr5k

Of course we are getting better talent now, but no matter who you are there is always more room for improvement

FUGameBreaker
August 26th, 2019, 11:33 PM
You’re referring to SDSU here playing y’all right? (The correct answer is why yes, Thumper, I would never call you a ndsu fan)

Lol, woops my mistake xsmiley_wix

TheKingpin28
August 27th, 2019, 05:44 AM
You’re referring to SDSU here playing y’all right? (The correct answer is why yes, Thumper, I would never call you a ndsu fan)I mean you do enjoy putting up avatars with Bison affiliated images.

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

dewey
August 27th, 2019, 07:16 AM
I mean you do enjoy putting up avatars with Bison affiliated images.

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

You are right. With Thumper living in Fargo and his Bison avatar it is easy to do:-)

Dewey

Bisonoline
August 27th, 2019, 02:07 PM

He was then and last year and is still a dick. Pretty simple When one has to ask what he did or said shows a complete lack of self awareness. Trolls are gonna be trolls.

TheKingpin28
August 27th, 2019, 02:44 PM
You are right. With Thumper living in Fargo and his Bison avatar it is easy to do:-)

Dewey

I mean he did wear a Bison helmet.

IBleedYellow
August 27th, 2019, 02:53 PM
I mean he did wear a Bison helmet.Intentionally. Even.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

FUGameBreaker
August 28th, 2019, 05:09 AM
He was then and last year and is still a dick. Pretty simple When one has to ask what he did or said shows a complete lack of self awareness. Trolls are gonna be trolls.

One thing I have never done is attack another poster, just discuss stuff from the football field, so you go right ahead and think you are something special with your personal insults, lol

FUGameBreaker
August 28th, 2019, 05:11 AM
The point remains, this would be a really good home and home series xnodx

Bison Fan in NW MN
August 28th, 2019, 06:03 AM
The point remains, this would be a really good home and home series xnodx

NDSU will never lose a home game in a 11 game season to travel to another FCS team.

FUGameBreaker
August 28th, 2019, 08:41 AM
NDSU will never lose a home game in a 11 game season to travel to another FCS team.

Point being? Unless NDSU finds the money they need to go FBS, there are 12 game regular seasons on the horizon

FUGameBreaker
August 28th, 2019, 08:42 AM
Furman @ NDSU 2021

NDSU @ Furman 2024

FUGameBreaker
August 28th, 2019, 08:46 AM
That would be:

Furman 2022
Colgate
@ NC State
@ NDSU

NDSU 2022
@ North Dakota
Furman
Other FCS home game

Furman 2024
@ Ole Miss
NDSU
1 FCS home game
1 FCS road game

NDSU 2024
@ Colorado
@ Furman
2 FCS home games

FUGameBreaker
August 28th, 2019, 08:53 AM
Is there a way for me to change the thread title to instead read 2021 & 2024?

Bison Fan in NW MN
August 28th, 2019, 09:04 AM
Point being? Unless NDSU finds the money they need to go FBS, there are 12 game regular seasons on the horizon

The point is that Furman could come and get a payday in Fargo but a home/home will never happen in an 11 game season.

And with NDSU going FBS....$$$$$$$

FUGameBreaker
August 28th, 2019, 10:34 AM
The point is that Furman could come and get a payday in Fargo but a home/home will never happen in an 11 game season.

And with NDSU going FBS....$$$$$$$

What does that have to do with 2021 & 2024?

uni88
August 28th, 2019, 11:58 AM
One thing I have never done is attack another poster, just discuss stuff from the football field, so you go right ahead and think you are something special with your personal insults, lol

I do enjoy giving the Bison faithful crap but OLine takes it well and you were a dick over the whole Furman not qualifying for the playoffs kerfuffle last year.

Being a dick isn't always a bad thing as long as you don't take it too far. It can get a thread riled up and drive a lot of discussion which is good for the board. So stop whining about being called a dick and embrace it.

FUGameBreaker
August 28th, 2019, 12:21 PM
I do enjoy giving the Bison faithful crap but OLine takes it well and you were a dick over the whole Furman not qualifying for the playoffs kerfuffle last year.

Being a dick isn't always a bad thing as long as you don't take it too far. It can get a thread riled up and drive a lot of discussion which is good for the board. So stop whining about being called a dick and embrace it.

Yes I attacked the integrity of the Playoff selection committee, No I have never personally attacked another poster on this message board

Just putting things into perspective

Bisonator
August 28th, 2019, 01:29 PM
That would be:

Furman 2022
Colgate
@ NC State
@ NDSU

NDSU 2022
@ North Dakota
Furman
Other FCS home game

Furman 2024
@ Ole Miss
NDSU
1 FCS home game
1 FCS road game

NDSU 2024
@ Colorado
@ Furman
2 FCS home games
How's the negotiations coming with our AD? When will the announcement be coming??

uni88
August 28th, 2019, 01:31 PM
Yes I attacked the integrity of the Playoff selection committee, No I have never personally attacked another poster on this message board

Just putting things into perspective

It wasn't the attack on the integrity of the selection committee, it was the incessant whining that was dickish.

FYI - your avatar looks a lot like an Evansville Purple Ace.

PaladinNation
August 28th, 2019, 01:38 PM
looks like 2021 and 2025 are out… Furman to play NCA&T

https://furmanpaladins.com/news/2019/8/28/football-furman-north-carolina-a-t-state-to-meet-in-2021-2025.aspx

Bisonoline
August 28th, 2019, 03:42 PM

Youre a liar. You just cant remember or choose to deny all the trolling youve done. Which is typical of that ilk.. I will just leave it at that.

FUGameBreaker
August 28th, 2019, 06:07 PM
Youre a liar. You just cant remember or choose to deny all the trolling youve done. Which is typical of that ilk.. I will just leave it at that.

You should have just left your mouth shut to begin with instead of rambling on about nothing

FUGameBreaker
August 28th, 2019, 06:09 PM
looks like 2021 and 2025 are out… Furman to play NCA&T

https://furmanpaladins.com/news/2019/8/28/football-furman-north-carolina-a-t-state-to-meet-in-2021-2025.aspx

That's a good series!

FUGameBreaker
August 28th, 2019, 06:16 PM
Alright new timeline for FU vs. NDSU home and home series is @ NDSU in 2024, @ Furman in 2025

This is a fluid situation xcoffeex

Bisonoline
August 28th, 2019, 06:46 PM
You should have just left your mouth shut to begin with instead of rambling on about nothing

You are correct. You are nothing and I shouldnt waste my time on a POS worthless troll like yourself. Thanks for the heads up.xthumbsupx

FUGameBreaker
August 28th, 2019, 06:48 PM
You are correct. You are nothing and I shouldnt waste my time on a POS like yourself. Thanks for the heads up.xthumbsupx

Still name calling and rambling I see xsmileyclapx

Bison Fan in NW MN
August 28th, 2019, 07:22 PM
You are correct. You are nothing and I shouldnt waste my time on a POS worthless troll like yourself. Thanks for the heads up.xthumbsupx

The longer he continues this the more I agree with you that he is just a troll.

NDSU is not going down to Furman unless we are a lower seed in the playoffs.....period. Or just maybe a home/home in a 12 game season to make a return trip.

- - - Updated - - -

Still name calling and rambling I see xsmileyclapx

Well, the longer you keep at this the more he is right about you being a troll.

FUGameBreaker
August 28th, 2019, 08:07 PM
The longer he continues this the more I agree with you that he is just a troll.

NDSU is not going down to Furman unless we are a lower seed in the playoffs.....period. Or just maybe a home/home in a 12 game season to make a return trip.

- - - Updated - - -

Well, the longer you keep at this the more he is right about you being a troll.

Series @ NDSU in 2024 and @ FU in 2025

Bison Fan in NW MN
August 28th, 2019, 08:16 PM
Series @ NDSU in 2024 and @ FU in 2025

Run it by our AD!

If '25 is a 12 game season then maybe. But I really liked our 7 home games last year in an 11 game season. Add in 3 playoff games, that is 10 home games.....cannot beat that!

Saturday will be a home game also. Between 35-40K Bison fans will be at Target Field.

FUGameBreaker
August 28th, 2019, 08:20 PM
Run it by our AD!

If '25 is a 12 game season then maybe. But I really liked our 7 home games last year in an 11 game season. Add in 3 playoff games, that is 10 home games.....cannot beat that!

Saturday will be a home game also. Between 35-40K Bison fans will be at Target Field.

Yes I believe 2024 and 2025 are both 12 game seasons

You can host us in 2024 at Target Field if you like, either would be cool

I am working on it, everything has got to start somewhere right :D

Bison Fan in NW MN
August 28th, 2019, 08:33 PM
Yes I believe 2024 and 2025 are both 12 game seasons

You can host us in 2024 at Target Field if you like, either would be cool

I am working on it, everything has got to start somewhere right :D

That avatar makes me laugh every time I see it......Macho Man Savage!

FUGameBreaker
August 28th, 2019, 09:05 PM
That avatar makes me laugh every time I see it......Macho Man Savage!

"I am the tower of power, to sweet to be sour"

Bisonoline
August 28th, 2019, 10:18 PM
Run it by our AD!

Why pay them to come to Fargo and then take a haircut playing out there? Nope. Financially it makes no sense and it does nothing for recruiting.

POD Knows
August 29th, 2019, 08:19 AM
"I am the tower of power, to sweet to be sour":D Do you wear those digs to the game, it does have a Pro Wrestling vibe to it.

FUGameBreaker
August 29th, 2019, 09:03 AM
:D Do you wear those digs to the game, it does have a Pro Wrestling vibe to it.

I have a few times but its been several years, my wife says with the whole recent women's movement my purple pimpesque suit might not go over all that well, she's probably right lol

FUGameBreaker
August 29th, 2019, 09:16 AM
Why pay them to come to Fargo and then take a haircut playing out there? Nope. Financially it makes no sense and it does nothing for recruiting.

What is your contract with Delaware? What was it with Montana? EWU?

How would flying to play at Furman be taking a haircut but not Delaware? What do you have in that contract that is so appealing that we could not offer?

You sellout your home game in Fargo or get 30k+ at Target field, and we sellout our stadium 16k, how is that not fairly similar to what you have with Delaware?

Maybe you are correct, but I am asking to see if you know any specifics

Paladin Stadium:
https://furmanpaladins.com/sports/2019/6/6/paladin-stadium-pearce-horton-football-complex.aspx

Greenville, SC
https://www.google.com/search?q=Greenville+SC&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjUwYmcoqjkAhXtRt8KHUK_DRUQ_AUIEygD&biw=1440&bih=820

POD Knows
August 29th, 2019, 09:25 AM
I have a few times but its been several years, my wife says with the whole recent women's movement my purple pimpesque suit might not go over all that well, she's probably right lol
Dude, that is all the more reason to wear it and wear it with pride. xnodx

Bisonator
August 29th, 2019, 09:54 AM
Pay them to come to Fargo? That's not how a home and home works. We wouldn't be paying them anything. It would be just like the Delaware games.

FUGameBreaker
August 29th, 2019, 09:59 AM
Pay them to come to Fargo? That's not how a home and home works. We wouldn't be paying them anything. It would be just like the Delaware games.

Yeah that's how I was thinking as well xthumbsupx

Bisonoline
August 29th, 2019, 01:05 PM

Even with home and homes weve had to sweenten the pot in the past with the lessor teams.

Bisonator
August 29th, 2019, 02:47 PM
Even with home and homes weve had to sweenten the pot in the past with the lessor teams.
Such as?

FUGameBreaker
August 29th, 2019, 06:11 PM

Yeah specifics??

Bison Fan in NW MN
August 29th, 2019, 08:40 PM

Home/home PL. Maybe in a 12 game season. No pay game for them.

FUGameBreaker
August 29th, 2019, 09:45 PM

Home and Home / 12 game regular seasons / 2024 @ NDSU - 2025 @ Furman

Bisonoline
August 29th, 2019, 10:33 PM

I understand that is the usual deal. But there were a couple over the last 14 years where we added some to the pay off because we were in need of a game badly. Ms Valley? I remember because it kind of through me off when I heard it.

I could have misinterpreted what I heard. But I would never do that??? xlolx

FUGameBreaker
August 30th, 2019, 04:31 AM
I understand that is the usual deal. But there were a couple over the last 14 years where we added some to the pay off because we were in need of a game badly. Ms Valley? I remember because it kind of through me off when I heard it.

I could have misinterpreted what I heard. But I would never do that??? xlolx

Of course you had to pay Miss Valley, that was not a home and home series, that was a 'buy' one off home game

POD Knows
August 30th, 2019, 07:29 AM
Home and Home / 12 game regular seasons / 2024 @ NDSU - 2025 @ FurmanI would be all over this and would go to the game. Greenville to me seems like a better destination than a lot of places.

Hammersmith
August 30th, 2019, 11:04 AM
Of course you had to pay Miss Valley, that was not a home and home series, that was a 'buy' one off home game

We had a home/home with them back in 2006/2007 toward the end of our transition. It's possible we needed to sweeten the pot a little back then as we were desperate for games(new to FCS and the GWFC was only five teams so we had seven OOC game slots to fill). I think we may have paid travel costs for their leg of the H/H.

Or we could be confusing elements of the 2006/2007 H/H with the 2017 money game.

Bisonoline
August 30th, 2019, 01:44 PM
We had a home/home with them back in 2006/2007 toward the end of our transition. It's possible we needed to sweeten the pot a little back then as we were desperate for games(new to FCS and the GWFC was only five teams so we had seven OOC game slots to fill). I think we may have paid travel costs for their leg of the H/H.

Or we could be confusing elements of the 2006/2007 H/H with the 2017 money game.

That was it.

FUGameBreaker
August 31st, 2019, 07:46 AM

Ah ok!

FUGameBreaker
August 31st, 2019, 07:48 AM
I would be all over this and would go to the game. Greenville to me seems like a better destination than a lot of places.

I think it would be a good series for FCS, I did not get to make it up to Fargo for the 2013 playoff game but would certainly plan to get up there if this series were to happen, and I know our fan base would ultimately be pretty jacked to host the Bison as well!