PDA

View Full Version : CAA In-Season Thread

Gangtackle11
August 25th, 2019, 04:41 PM
Might as well get this launched now that Villanova took down the PL champ Colgate 34-14.

Funny, but without using the tactic perfected by KC & his band of fast talking assistants & resurrected recently by Coach Crook-o. I may have been watching the dirty filthy birds walk away with a win over Nova finally.

Nah. Just kidding.

Welcome to transfer QB Dan Smith. He looks to be a very capable signal- caller with a strong & accurate arm & a gutsy runner. Colgate didn’t know what hit them as he guided Nova to a breeze win in Hamilton.

Not sure if the entire CAA should worry about the ‘Cats, but I know a few straggly Blue chicks aren’t sleeping well after Saturday.

Comments for in-season CAA? Post away. Good luck in your season opener! Nova will be back in action on 9/7 vs. Lehigh. xpeacex

Henny
August 25th, 2019, 05:47 PM
First, Congrats on the win. Nova certainly looks impressive and this could be your year!

Second, No one is talking anything in Newark this year. UD starts with an opponent that plays us for blood, the second opponent beat us in Delaware last year and after that UD has NDSU and Pitt.

This combined with a totally revamped defense that loses two players that will be on NFL regular season rosters this season spells trouble.

Also key injuries at LB, OL and DL.

Heck our stadium might not be ready for the opener.

Enjoy the win and the ten other games you have before Delaware!

caribbeanhen
August 25th, 2019, 06:30 PM
Season openers been very kind to Nova last few years, after your boys whipped Temple last year Gangsta I though Nova was top 10....

Yes, you look to be correct about your Cowboy transfer from down south, looks like a winner....

Hope you enjoyed the fresh air yesterday, win win when you can both get out of Philly and bring a win back on the same day...xpeacex

CenMEBlackBearFan
August 25th, 2019, 06:43 PM
Congrats on the win Gangtackle and making me 0-1 to start the seasonxsmhx. Your transfer QB reminds when we got Warren Smith from Iona in 2011 and led us to the playoffs and a W over App. State.

Gangtackle11
August 26th, 2019, 03:13 AM
First, Congrats on the win. Nova certainly looks impressive and this could be your year!

Second, No one is talking anything in Newark this year. UD starts with an opponent that plays us for blood, the second opponent beat us in Delaware last year and after that UD has NDSU and Pitt.

This combined with a totally revamped defense that loses two players that will be on NFL regular season rosters this season spells trouble.

Also key injuries at LB, OL and DL.

Heck our stadium might not be ready for the opener.

Enjoy the win and the ten other games you have before Delaware!

1st off.....thanks.

2nd.......top 20 preseason ranking for Delaware & now we are spelling trouble? What happened to the expectations are championships from the president & AD? Surely just a few weeks hasn’t taken that bravado down to the “spells trouble” notch?

Anyway that rival downstate is a punching bag opponent. After that you guys will have some work to do.

3rd....... never too early to take a jab at the so called “rival”.

and to my little Bermuda Triangle chick-a-dee this team has 2 new coordinators that are young & connecting with today’s players. The team last season wheels came off after Temple for the most part. Don’t see that scenario playing out just yet. That said it’s a nice win, but means little unless the Cats win 4 or more CAA games. xpeacex

MR. CHICKEN
August 26th, 2019, 10:51 AM
.....EASE UP "ONES"......GAME WAS OVERAH....WHEN COLGATE GAVE YOUSE.......DUH TURN-OVERAH TD........AN' YA'S......DARN NEAR.....LET 'EM....BACK IN DUH GAME........YER KICKER IS IN TRUE 'NOVA FORM......AN' FERRANTE.......STILL NEEDS ANDY......LIKE UH SUPPORT PUPPY..............DEL STATE MAY START 10 SENIORS & 10 JUNIORS.......OURAH "D" IS MOSTLAH IN DIAPERS........3 BRAND NEW WR'S......UH STADIUM.....IN DISARAY....RENTED LIGHTS.....IN LIEU UH PRESS BOX.....DELMARVA BUCKETS..........WE'RE UH MASH UNIT.......AN' WHO KNOWS.......WHERE BEER TRUCK.....WILL BE LOCATED.......STUDENT SECTION...MOVED TA OTHERAH END ZONE.......PORT UH POTTIES....LINE LOTS......GOOD LUCK GIRLFRIENDS...xeekx......WE COOD BE LOOKIN' AHEAD....TA DUH GREEN AN' YELLAH.........ALAS GANGSTER.....WHILE WE HAVE PITT...LONG ISLAND......COMES TA PHILLY.....TA TAKE ON YER COURAGEOUS CATS...xrolleyesx......BRAWK!

Gangtackle11
August 26th, 2019, 11:08 AM
.....EASE UP "ONES"......GAME WAS OVERAH....WHEN COLGATE GAVE YOUSE.......DUH TURN-OVERAH TD........AN' YA'S......DARN NEAR.....LET 'EM....BACK IN DUH GAME........YER KICKER IS IN TRUE 'NOVA FORM......AN' FERRANTE.......STILL NEEDS ANDY......LIKE UH SUPPORT PUPPY..............DEL STATE MAY START 10 SENIORS & 10 JUNIORS.......OURAH "D" IS MOSTLAH IN DIAPERS........3 BRAND NEW WR'S......UH STADIUM.....IN DISARAY....RENTED LIGHTS.....IN LIEU UH PRESS BOX.....DELMARVA BUCKETS..........WE'RE UH MASH UNIT.......AN' WHO KNOWS.......WHERE BEER TRUCK.....WILL BE LOCATED.......STUDENT SECTION...MOVED TA OTHERAH END ZONE.......PORT UH POTTIES....LINE LOTS......GOOD LUCK GIRLFRIENDS...xeekx......WE COOD BE LOOKIN' AHEAD....TA DUH GREEN AN' YELLAH.........ALAS GANGSTER.....WHILE WE HAVE PITT...LONG ISLAND......COMES TA PHILLY.....TA TAKE ON YER COURAGEOUS CATS...xrolleyesx......BRAWK!

Delaware is to NDSU as LIU is to Nova. Dumb scheduling for a program that is in such disarray. Anxious for the glory years that have passed your program by. Trying to erase Brock with CRook-o isn’t looking so good now? Total denial in New-ark and the one area code state.

Looks like its shaping up for another over-rated Delaware team making excuses. We’ll see you in November. I can’t focus on the crying coming out now from big bad Delaware football.

Long way from the preseason top 20 ranking that you puffed up your pompadour for. Laughed at Villanova at #9 in the preseason poll. How ya feeling now? You can try to diminish Nova Football, but in the end your mighty Delaware Fighting? Blue Hens May be the team we collectively laugh at being ranked #4 in the poll.

GL with Alabama, I mean Delaware State. Your 30 point fav, but the excuses have been published here already just in case. xpeacex

KPSUL
August 26th, 2019, 05:32 PM
1st off.....thanks.

That said it’s a nice win, but means little unless the Cats win 4 or more CAA games. xpeacex

With no FBS game, a weak remaining OOC schedule (Lehigh, Bucknell and transitioning LIU) and Colgate looking like a 5-6 team, it may take more than a 4-4 Conference record to make the playoffs. With the disappointing 1st Round performances by Elon, Stony Brook and Towson in the playoffs last season, and JMU not even making it to the Quarterfinals, don't expect the CAA to get 6. or even 5, teams in this season.

Gangtackle11
August 26th, 2019, 05:38 PM
With no FBS game, a weak remaining OOC schedule (Lehigh, Bucknell and transitioning LIU) and Colgate looking like a 5-6 team, it may take more than a 4-4 Conference record to make the playoffs. With the disappointing 1st Round performances by Elon, Stony Brook and Towson in the playoffs last season, and JMU not even making it to the Quarterfinals, don't expect the CAA to get 6. or even 5, teams in this season.

Probably correct. 8-4 may not be enough.

caribbeanhen
August 26th, 2019, 05:55 PM

Delmarva buckets?

I was tracking you Mr. C but I lost you on that one.

KPSUL
August 26th, 2019, 05:59 PM
Probably correct. 8-4 may not be enough.

That 12th game could be a big factor, even if it is against the NEC's brand new member. It could be a tie breaker with another 4 loss team.

Thinking about LIU, you have to wondering how that might effect Stony Brook's recruiting. In fact, it may effect UNH's recruiting. We've gotten two excellent Lon'guy'lin RBs in recent years, Dalton Crossan and now Redshirt Freshman, Dylan Laube who will see some significant playing time this season.

hoidOfYolen
August 26th, 2019, 09:13 PM
I think 8-4 gets in, because I think not enough teams from the CAA can get 8-4 or 8-3 to get 6 teams into the playoffs again. Someone has to lose for someone to win, and I think Maine, Elon, JMU, and Towson make the cut and Stony Brook, W&M, Delaware, Albany, Villanova, UNH, Richmond, and Rhode Island get the boot. We all play each other enough that not enough teams can go 8-4/8-3.

bluehenbillk
August 27th, 2019, 07:15 AM
I think 8-4 gets in, because I think not enough teams from the CAA can get 8-4 or 8-3 to get 6 teams into the playoffs again. Someone has to lose for someone to win, and I think Maine, Elon, JMU, and Towson make the cut and Stony Brook, W&M, Delaware, Albany, Villanova, UNH, Richmond, and Rhode Island get the boot. We all play each other enough that not enough teams can go 8-4/8-3.

The CAA didn't do itself any favors last postseason - especially the Towson/Duquesne and JMU/Colgate games. I look for 3 CAA berths this postseason - 4 at the max.

MR. CHICKEN
August 27th, 2019, 07:23 AM
Delmarva buckets?

I was tracking you Mr. C but I lost you on that one.

........BUCKET TRUCKS...........CHERRY PICKERS..........AWQ!

MR. CHICKEN
August 27th, 2019, 07:29 AM
Delaware is to NDSU as LIU is to Nova. Dumb scheduling for a program that is in such disarray. Anxious for the glory years that have passed your program by. Trying to erase Brock with CRook-o isn’t looking so good now? Total denial in New-ark and the one area code state.

Looks like its shaping up for another over-rated Delaware team making excuses. We’ll see you in November. I can’t focus on the crying coming out now from big bad Delaware football.

Long way from the preseason top 20 ranking that you puffed up your pompadour for. Laughed at Villanova at #9 in the preseason poll. How ya feeling now? You can try to diminish Nova Football, but in the end your mighty Delaware Fighting? Blue Hens May be the team we collectively laugh at being ranked #4 in the poll.

GL with Alabama, I mean Delaware State. Your 30 point fav, but the excuses have been published here already just in case. xpeacex

.......LINE DOWN TA 25.5.........DUH DOVERDOWNERS......STARTIN'....TA BELIEVE.....IN......"STATE"........xeekx.......DOODLE-DOO!

Henny
August 27th, 2019, 07:47 AM
"Delaware is to NDSU as LIU is to Nova. Dumb scheduling for a program that is in such disarray. Anxious for the glory years that have passed your program by".

LOL!! , Did I mention we are in the process of building a $60,000,000 football facility that is phase 1 of 3! The future is bright in Hen country but we do have concerns about the current roster which is very youthful and inexperienced.

On a side note , Hope coach McDonnell at UNH is ok.

caribbeanhen
August 27th, 2019, 03:41 PM
Josh Patrick, former Nova LB who saw limited game action as true Freshman is back in Newark and is a late edition to the Hens roster....

https://villanova.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=6883

https://twitter.com/kevintresolini/status/1166397674469429250

How did you let him get away GT.... ?!?

Gangtackle11
August 27th, 2019, 06:27 PM
Josh Patrick, former Nova LB who saw limited game action as true Freshman is back in Newark and is a late edition to the Hens roster....

https://villanova.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=6883

https://twitter.com/kevintresolini/status/1166397674469429250

How did you let him get away GT.... ?!?

Ill be nice and just say he transferred for a reason. xpeacex

Henny
August 27th, 2019, 07:17 PM
i'm sure he might have some good information to share with the coaches....

Gangtackle11
August 27th, 2019, 07:31 PM

Hang your hat on that Henny. GL with that. xpeacex

caribbeanhen
August 27th, 2019, 08:25 PM

what I heard Henny is the kid got in a little trouble with the Nova coaches, he had some trouble getting to the games on time, it's not for lack of trying though.... kid's excuse was due to lack of game day atmosphere, being in the middle of a city with no people, and total lack of fans he just assumed the games were cancelled and kept going back to his room.....

just kidding, but he has admitted to the Delaware coaches he had a hard time playing to Simon and Garfunkel's The sound of Silence......

Gangtackle11
August 27th, 2019, 08:54 PM
what I heard Henny is the kid got in a little trouble with the Nova coaches, he had some trouble getting to the games on time, it's not for lack of trying though.... kid's excuse was due to lack of game day atmosphere, being in the middle of a city with no people, and total lack of fans he just assumed the games were cancelled and kept going back to his room.....

just kidding, but he has admitted to the Delaware coaches he had a hard time playing to Simon and Garfunkel's The sound of Silence......

He can bask in the collective sounds of groaning that Delaware fans have done the past 7 seasons. Kid was 3rd string here. Enjoy. xnodx xpeacex

BDKJMU
August 27th, 2019, 11:08 PM
8-4/5-3 will get in.
7-4/5-3 might get in, would get in ahead of 8-4/4-4.
8-4/4-4 probably won’t get in. When was the last time a 4-4 CAA, with no bonus from a I-A win, got in? Probably never. Going off the top of my head, UNH around 2006 might have gotten in at 7-4/4-4, but also had P5 win I think (Northwestern)

8-4 with 4 I-AA losses would be behind virtually every 8 win CAA/MVFC/Big Sky/So-Con because almost all of them would have only 3 I-AA losses. Also most of the 7-4 teams would only have 3 I-AA losses. After last year’s playoff disaster, CAA isn’t getting 6 in again, unlikely 5, probably 4. VU will need probably need to go 9-3/5-3 to get in.

bluehenbillk
August 28th, 2019, 07:23 AM

Middle of a city? You mean Radnor? haha

KPSUL
August 28th, 2019, 10:40 AM
8-4/5-3 will get in.
7-4/5-3 might get in, would get in ahead of 8-4/4-4.
8-4/4-4 probably won’t get in. When was the last time a 4-4 CAA, with no bonus from a I-A win, got in? Probably never. Going off the top of my head, UNH around 2006 might have gotten in at 7-4/4-4, but also had P5 win I think (Northwestern)

8-4 with 4 I-AA losses would be behind virtually every 8 win CAA/MVFC/Big Sky/So-Con because almost all of them would have only 3 I-AA losses. Also most of the 7-4 teams would only have 3 I-AA losses. After last year’s playoff disaster, CAA isn’t getting 6 in again, unlikely 5, probably 4. VU will need probably need to go 9-3/5-3 to get in.

I think you are right on target projecting what it will take for a CAA team to make the playoffs! But your supporting data is a bit flawed. UNH was 9-3 in 2006 with a 6-3 Conference Record. Also, since 2010, UNH has made the playoffs 5 times with a 7-4 record, but each time had a winning conference record. (2010 5-3, 2013 6-2, 2015 5-3, 2016 6-2, 2017 5-3)

caribbeanhen
August 28th, 2019, 09:52 PM
Middle of a city? You mean Radnor? haha

Gilda Radnor? I know next to nothing about Philly .....

bluehenbillk
August 29th, 2019, 07:54 AM
Nova is Delco, not Philly. Gangtackle & the other two fans don't want to admit that though....

Gangtackle11
August 29th, 2019, 08:02 AM
Nova is Delco, not Philly. Gangtackle & the other two fans don't want to admit that though....

tbh Idc. It’s my school not where I grew up or live.

caribbeanhen
August 29th, 2019, 03:47 PM

I never knew Villanova was not actually in Philadelphia, Never too old to learn something

Gangtackle11
August 30th, 2019, 04:37 AM
Yes CAA Scores:

Week 0:
Villanova 34 Colgate 14

Week 1:
Delaware 31 Delaware State 13
Stony Brook 35 Bryant 10
Richmond 38 Jacksonville 19
Central Michigan 38 Albany 21
NC A&T 24 Elon 21
W&M 30 Lafayette 17
West Virginia 20 JMU 13
Towson 28 The Citadel 21
Ohio 41 Rhode Island 20
Maine 42 Sacred Heart 10

Out-of-Conference Records:
vs. Patriot: 2-0
vs. NEC: 2-0
vs. Pioneer: 1-0
vs. MEAC: 1-1
vs. FBS: 0-3

Gangtackle11
August 30th, 2019, 06:29 AM
Typical Danny Crook-o style to attempt a FG on final play up 31-13. Kid missed it.

Crook-o is a douche. xpeacex

Ivytalk
August 30th, 2019, 06:38 AM
Typical Danny Crook-o style to attempt a FG on final play up 31-13. Kid missed it.

The UD kicker appears to suck. Hope not too many games come down to his foot. Does Carly Lloyd have any eligibility left?

bluehenbillk
August 30th, 2019, 07:04 AM
Delaware did indeed look very Nova-esque in the kicking game last night.

Go Green
August 30th, 2019, 07:04 AM

Didn't see the game. But it appears that it wasn't as close as the score indicated.

Richmond got a big lead, and Jacksonville got most of their points in the fourth against the Spiders' scrubs...

Henny
August 30th, 2019, 07:12 AM
On a side note, the leading tackler in the CAA in 2018, Troy Reeder has made final cuts and is officially a member of the 53 man roster of the LA Rams!

caribbeanhen
August 30th, 2019, 07:27 AM

I didn't know we had a Nova transfer kicker....

CenMEBlackBearFan
August 30th, 2019, 08:06 AM
CAA Scores:

Week 0:
Villanova 34 Colgate 14

Week 1:
Stony Brook 35 Bryant 10

vs. Patriot: 1-0
vs. NEC: 1-0
vs. MEAC: 1-0
vs. FBS: 0-1

Good start for the CAA, hoping we make it 2-0 against SHU. SHU makes me nervous with a top 50 running back, transfer Temple QB and a very good defense. Watched alot of the SELA complete domination of JSU and see alot similarities in our opponent. We are probably the top team SHU will face and for them to come to Orono and beat the #7 team would be huge for them. Will find out tonite if we are a contender or a pretender.xdrunkyx

KPSUL
August 30th, 2019, 08:21 AM
The UD kicker appears to suck. Hope many games come down to his foot. Does Carly Lloyd have any eligibility left?

Here you go; FIFY

KPSUL
August 30th, 2019, 08:23 AM
Good start for the CAA, hoping we make it 2-0 against SHU. SHU makes me nervous with a top 50 running back, transfer Temple QB and a very good defense. Watched alot of the SELA complete domination of JSU and see alot similarities in our opponent. We are probably the top team SHU will face and for them to come to Orono and beat the #7 team would be huge for them. Will find out tonite if we are a contender or a pretender.xdrunkyx

If Sacred Heart at home makes you nervous with almost your entire defense back, and Ferguson at 100% again, you may suffer a break down once the conference play commences.

Gangtackle11
August 30th, 2019, 08:34 AM
On a side note, the leading tackler in the CAA in 2018, Troy Reeder has made final cuts and is officially a member of the 53 man roster of the LA Rams!

Another Kardashian in Hollywood. Congrats Uncle Henny! xpeacex

Gangtackle11
August 30th, 2019, 08:36 AM
I didn't know we had a Nova transfer kicker....

Fortunately like the past decade or more of Nova-Delaware games the missed kick didn’t matter. xpeacex

KPSUL
August 30th, 2019, 08:39 AM
Certainly no CAA surprises last night. Delaware, Stony Brook and Richmond all easily handled their OOC patsies at home and Albany put up a respectable, but unsuccessful performance vs. their FBS opponent. I watched parts of all of the games except for Richmond - I could never get that one to load on good old FLO Sports. The contrast between the quality of the ESPN3 streaming (Albany@CMU) vs the lack-there-of for CAA FLO broadcasts was significant. The Stony Brook broadcast was done with two stationary Cameras, and even with that, the camera work was terrible - poor job of zooming in and out, unsteady cameras - particularly from the end zone. It got a little better later in the game, but I've seen better broadcasts from college communications students. The Delaware game was better, but still a limited number of cameras.

CenMEBlackBearFan
August 30th, 2019, 09:17 AM
If Sacred Heart at home makes you nervous with almost your entire defense back, and Ferguson at 100% again, you may suffer a break down once the conference play commences.

I think what makes me nervous is watching how the #6 team got embarrased by SELA. I know we are a 16 pt favorite but also know that SHU and Duquense are superior to the rest of the NEC and trying not to get to "Cocky"xlolx

hoidOfYolen
August 30th, 2019, 09:42 AM
Certainly no CAA surprises last night. Delaware, Stony Brook and Richmond all easily handled their OOC patsies at home and Albany put up a respectable, but unsuccessful performance vs. their FBS opponent. I watched parts of all of the games except for Richmond - I could never get that one to load on good old FLO Sports. The contrast between the quality of the ESPN3 streaming (Albany@CMU) vs the lack-there-of for CAA FLO broadcasts was significant. The Stony Brook broadcast was done with two stationary Cameras, and even with that, the camera work was terrible - poor job of zooming in and out, unsteady cameras - particularly from the end zone. It got a little better later in the game, but I've seen better broadcasts from college communications students. The Delaware game was better, but still a limited number of cameras.

Unfortunately, Flosports doesn't produce the actual broadcast. That would be the schools themselves.

SonuvaHenx2
August 30th, 2019, 09:42 AM

Believe it or not, the football last night was the highest "quality" I've ever seen from Flo (and I've had to use them for several years across multiple activites/sports).

"Highest", if course, being a relative term.

CenMEBlackBearFan
August 30th, 2019, 10:09 AM
Believe it or not, the football last night was the highest "quality" I've ever seen from Flo (and I've had to use them for several years across multiple activites/sports).

"Highest", if course, being a relative term.

Why the frig couldn't the CAA just be like every other league and stay with ESPN. The quality of the JSU-SELA video was fantastic and just $5 vs $19.95, ugh!!!

ccd494
August 30th, 2019, 10:33 AM
I think what makes me nervous is watching how the #6 team got embarrased by SELA. I know we are a 16 pt favorite but also know that SHU and Duquense are superior to the rest of the NEC and trying not to get to "Cocky"xlolx

Traditionally Maine's MO has been low expectations lead to big results and vice versa.

caribbeanhen
August 30th, 2019, 11:04 AM
Why the frig couldn't the CAA just be like every other league and stay with ESPN. The quality of the JSU-SELA video was fantastic and just $5 vs $19.95, ugh!!!

Flo was $12 a month for me and I signed up earlier this week, maybe cheaper because I only went for the football package? I was watching Delaware game on Roku and tried to bring up the Stony game up on cell phone and I got a message on the Roku screen saying I had been bumped off as my account was being used on a different device

Flo might have been an old floozy but she don't like two timing... ha

RootinFerDukes
August 30th, 2019, 12:38 PM
You know the season is in swing when gang tackle is dishing it fast and heavy to the dirty birds.

You gotta beat cupcakes by more than 19 points. BROCK!

Gangtackle11
August 30th, 2019, 12:58 PM
You know the season is in swing when gang tackle is dishing it fast and heavy to the dirty birds.

Its why Crook-o lined up Scott Norwood’s son for a FG at the buzzah! WIDE RIGHT.

dirty filthy birds xpeacex

RootinFerDukes
August 30th, 2019, 01:04 PM

Each school is producing their own streams on Flo. They all worked wonderfully for me from a technical standpoint. Sorry to hear about your issue. Give the replay a try.

ESPN invests in better production quality for the MAC compared to each CAA school making their own broadcast and put it on flo.

Watch some of the FCS streams on ESPN+ and see how some of them leave much to be desired.

Joey D said the production game was supposed to improve but it looks like the same ole same ole from stony brook. They don’t have enough camera angles.

RootinFerDukes
August 30th, 2019, 01:15 PM

If you’re paying $20, you’re over paying bud. Google “CAA Sports FLO Sports” and a within a few links, you’ll see the caasports.com article linking to the $12.50/month CAA rate.

Also, the caa has never had a deal with ESPN, so there’s nothing to “stay with”.

RootinFerDukes
August 30th, 2019, 01:19 PM
Flo was $12 a month for me and I signed up earlier this week, maybe cheaper because I only went for the football package? I was watching Delaware game on Roku and tried to bring up the Stony game up on cell phone and I got a message on the Roku screen saying I had been bumped off as my account was being used on a different device

Flo might have been an old floozy but she don't like two timing... ha

FWIW, I was watching two games on two devices at the same time, but they were already archived. I’ll have to try it with live games.

KPSUL
August 30th, 2019, 01:41 PM

You mean that #6 team you guys demolished in the playoffs? We all get a little over-concerned about our own teams; but I've got Maine by 28 pts over Sacred Heart in Orono. Relax and enjoy the show!

RootinFerDukes
August 30th, 2019, 05:30 PM
LOL at the Maine fan worried about sacred heart. Black bears are rolling, like they should.

caribbeanhen
August 30th, 2019, 05:46 PM
LOL at the Maine fan worried about sacred heart. Black bears are rolling, like they should.

camera man needs to calm down.... to much pregame coffee

what happened to Ernest Edwards the talented WR?

Gangtackle11
August 30th, 2019, 06:28 PM
camera man needs to calm down.... to much pregame coffee

what happened to Ernest Edwards the talented WR?

He scored the 1st TD. He may have more. I turned it off pretty quickly when I saw SHU was overmatched. xpeacex

SonuvaHenx2
August 30th, 2019, 06:32 PM
Maine has 400+ passing yards and it isn't halftime yet.
That is all.

maine612
August 30th, 2019, 06:44 PM
Ferguson 20-25 for 404 yards and 3 scores in the first half. That'll play.

Gangtackle11
August 30th, 2019, 06:45 PM
SHU is pretty bad. I get Maine is good, but this is a tomato can for an opener. xpeacex

maine612
August 30th, 2019, 06:46 PM
SHU is pretty bad. I get Maine is good, this is a tomato can for an opener. xpeacex

Appears that way. But as a Maine fan who has watched us play down to "tomato cans" for years, I am encouraged by this performance.

KPSUL
August 30th, 2019, 06:56 PM
SHU is pretty bad. I get Maine is good, but this is a tomato can for an opener. xpeacex

No, as much as I hate to say it, Maine is that good. Most of you guys didn't see Ferguson at 100%. He was fighting injuries most of the season after the first couple games. I was wondering how the coaching changes would effect them, but with the players they have Moe Howard and Larry Fine could coach that team to big victories vs the likes of Sacred Heart.

KPSUL
August 30th, 2019, 07:06 PM
Still waiting for FLO to GO. They must be at their capacity of 11 streaming customers per game. One of you guys want to drop off so I can watch for a while?

KPSUL
August 30th, 2019, 07:24 PM
Streaming now, but the play by play guy sounds like he's broadcasting from a Blackhawk helicopter.

Gangtackle11
August 30th, 2019, 08:03 PM
CAA Scores:

Week 0:
Villanova 34 Colgate 14

Week 1:
Stony Brook 35 Bryant 10
Maine 42 Sacred Heart 14

vs. Patriot: 1-0
vs. MEAC: 1-0
vs. FBS: 0-1

caribbeanhen
August 30th, 2019, 08:05 PM
He scored the 1st TD. He may have more. I turned it off pretty quickly when I saw SHU was overmatched. xpeacex

Missed the first TD, he must of went out for a few series before he came back in, Maine deep in receivers .... RB not so sure

RootinFerDukes
August 30th, 2019, 10:20 PM
Still waiting for FLO to GO. They must be at their capacity of 11 streaming customers per game. One of you guys want to drop off so I can watch for a while?

Maybe it's your internet speed? I've watched all four games flawlessly. Works just as good as ESPN.

Go Lehigh TU owl
August 30th, 2019, 10:26 PM
Really impressive win for Maine. Sacred Heart is suppose to be pretty good this year.

CenMEBlackBearFan
August 31st, 2019, 06:19 AM
Really impressive win for Maine. Sacred Heart is suppose to be pretty good this year.

OK, Maybe we are as good as advertised or maybe SHU is not as good as thought. One week is tough to tell but we should squeak by JSUxlolx

Gangtackle11
August 31st, 2019, 06:53 AM

but, but, but they are spending $60 million to be a football power. All the big time recruits are flocking to the 302....Administration expects championships....You just don’t get it RFD.....xpeacex

caribbeanhen
August 31st, 2019, 08:57 AM
but, but, but they are spending $60 million to be a football power. All the big time recruits are flocking to the 302....Administration expects championships....You just don’t get it RFD.....xpeacex

Hey GT, may I suggest your talents be used on The Valley Boys for a bit.... surely you must have some old wounds lingering out in the Mid West

The MVFC thread died out rather quickly after the clean sweep on Thursday night.... they won't even take the bait on my juxtaposition (fancy wording from the farm) that the MVFC is basically...... Paul McCartney and Wings xcoffeex

early indications are the CAA is back in business!

KPSUL
August 31st, 2019, 10:16 AM
Hey GT, may I suggest your talents be used on The Valley Boys for a bit.... surely you must have some old wounds lingering out in the Mid West

The MVFC thread died out rather quickly after the clean sweep on Thursday night.... they won't even take the bait on my juxtaposition (fancy wording from the farm) that the MVFC is basically...... Paul McCartney and Wings xcoffeex

Looking pretty good after half of Week 0. The conference needs to pick up a couple FBS wins and continue winning FCS OOC. We have a ways to go to live down the 1st round playoff games last season.

Gangtackle11
August 31st, 2019, 10:19 AM

My talents are focused on those who want us to believe that Delaware football is any more important to the FCS then Rhode Island, or Richmond, or Stony Brook, or any other CAA football program. Focused on those who want to tell us how great football is today at Delaware. It’s focused on the guys who wear MDGA (Make Delaware Great Again) hats here.

Very few to no one cares about a middle of the road FCS football program named Delaware.
The FCS isn’t better if they are great or not. The CAA is not better if they are great or not. The rest of us don’t give a hill of beans (soybeans in DE) about Delaware being great again. When that noise stops.....I’ll stop.

Delaware football is not great again. In fact by the looks of things it appears to be a big waste of someone’s $$$ so far. Hung your hat on a slightly above average FCS coach isn’t working for you. Crook-o is Brock on steroids.

Sorry, but honestly other CAA programs deserve our attention here. Not Delaware. That’s for certain. They look like the rest of us. Flawed. Blue Hen fanatics have to accept their lot in life now. The state follows them loyalty. That’s great, but I wonder if more than half the crowd thought they were going to a large bingo tournament most Saturdays! xpeacex

Gangtackle11
August 31st, 2019, 10:53 AM
Looking pretty good after half of Week 0. The conference needs to pick up a couple FBS wins and continue winning FCS OOC. We have a ways to go to live down the 1st round playoff games last season.

Yes. CAA can’t crow until they erase that playoff disaster. Beating teams from the bottom of FCS ranked conferences isn’t going to do it. xpeacex

KPSUL
August 31st, 2019, 10:57 AM
My talents are focused on those who want us to believe that Delaware football is any more important to the FCS then Rhode Island, or Richmond, or Stony Brook, or any other CAA football program. Focused on those who want to tell us how great football is today at Delaware. It’s focused on the guys who wear MDGA (Make Delaware Great Again) hats here.

Very few to no one cares about a middle of the road FCS football program named Delaware.

Delaware football is not great again. In fact by the looks of things it appears to be a big waste of someone’s $$$ so far. Hung your hat on a slightly above average FCS coach isn’t working for you. Crook-o is Brock on steroids.

Sorry, but honestly other CAA programs deserve our attention here. Not Delaware. That’s for certain. They look like the rest of us. Flawed. Blue Hen fanatics have to accept their lot in life now. The state follows them loyalty. That’s great, but I wonder if more than half the crowd thought they were going to a large bingo tournament most Saturdays! xpeacex

GangTackle your an excellent member of the CAA community on AGS. But your incessant Blue Hens baiting acts as an accelerant to the Hen's fans. It increases what you say you are concerned about, at times comical, but getting a bit tiresome.

Gangtackle11
August 31st, 2019, 11:37 AM
GangTackle your an excellent member of the CAA community on AGS. But your incessant Blue Hens baiting acts as an accelerant to the Hen's fans. It increases what you say you are concerned about, at times comical, but getting a bit tiresome.

Ill let u comment on the next “Look Delaware really is a great FCS program again” rant from the dirty filthy birds fans. We’ll just look to beat’em again. Enjoy your season. See ya 11/2 at your joint. xpeacex

KPSUL
August 31st, 2019, 12:12 PM
Ill let u comment on the next “Look Delaware really is a great FCS program again” rant from the dirty filthy birds fans. We’ll just look to beat’em again. Enjoy your season. See ya 11/2 at your joint. xpeacex

I get it and I also voted Rocco as the most annoying FCS coach - in fact I think I nominated him. But it was way worse when Brawwwwk was the head coach. Some of the Hen's fans were so butt hurt and envious that they disparaged every success of other conference teams incessantly. (Mr Chicken and Melloware being exceptions) They may overplay their hand, but at least they now have little of their own success to cluck about as a 5th or 6th place conference team.

RootinFerDukes
August 31st, 2019, 12:19 PM
OK, Maybe we are as good as advertised or maybe SHU is not as good as thought. One week is tough to tell but we should squeak by JSUxlolx

I think it's a little bit of both. Maine will still be relatively competitive and SHU isn't going to be a 7 win team this year. You can't really gauge much from cupcake games other than you "beat then how you were supposed to beat them".

KPSUL
August 31st, 2019, 12:29 PM
I think it's a little bit of both. Maine will still be relatively competitive and SHU isn't going to be a 7 win team this year. You can't really gauge much from cupcake games other than you "beat then how you were supposed to beat them".

I thought it was a class act by UMaine Head Coach Nick Charlton to play 2nd and 3rd teamers for almost the full 2nd half. That included key defenders, the QB, WRs. If he waited until the 4th Qtr, it could have ended up sixty-something to 7.

caribbeanhen
I get it and I also voted Rocco as the most annoying FCS coach - in fact I think I nominated him. But it was way worse when Brawwwwk was the head coach. Some of the Hen's fans were so butt hurt and envious that they disparaged every success of other conference teams incessantly. (Mr Chicken and Melloware being exceptions) They may overplay their hand, but at least they now have little of their own success to cluck about as a 5th or 6th place conference team.

you Birds of Feather must be reading Gohens... nobody on this site is doing any such thing.... actually the only 2 Butt hurts on here are Gangtackle and yourself, and if you dont believe that read your posts.......Butt you guys keep doing what you do.... Good show....

RootinFerDukes

I stand corrected. I was thinking of the spatters underwhelming performance against the non-scholarship dolphins. UD actually won by only 18. Even sadder.

KPSUL
August 31st, 2019, 12:30 PM
you Birds of Feather must be reading Gohens... nobody on this site is doing any such thing.... actually the only 2 Butt hurts on here are Gangtackle and yourself, and if you dont believe that read your posts.......Butt you guys keep doing what you do.... Good show....

Are you still here? It's been years since you posted anything worth reading.

caribbeanhen
August 31st, 2019, 12:33 PM
Are you still here? It's been years since you posted anything worth reading.

but you read it all anyway..... what does that say about you?

Gangtackle11
August 31st, 2019, 12:47 PM
I thought it was a class act by UMaine Head Coach Nick Charlton to play 2nd and 3rd teamers for almost the full 2nd half. That included key defenders, the QB, WRs. If he waited until the 4th Qtr, it could have ended up sixty-something to 7.

Agreed. No need to kick a last second FG either. xpeacex

KPSUL
August 31st, 2019, 01:29 PM
but you read it all anyway..... what does that say about you?

You're finally right about something, I screwed up paying any attention to you. But you did quote me, even so, I'll use better judgment in the future.

caribbeanhen
August 31st, 2019, 01:58 PM
https://wvusports.com/watch/?Live=2684&type=Live

West Virgina JMU game for free

RootinFerDukes
August 31st, 2019, 02:48 PM
JMU leads WVU 7-3 to start the 3rd quarter. WVU with the ball.

MayorOfHenTown
August 31st, 2019, 03:20 PM
Maine LB Deshawn Stevens being evaluated for possible Achilles tendon tear suffered against Sacred Heart last night, according to the Portland Press Herald.

Gangtackle11
August 31st, 2019, 03:33 PM
Maine LB Deshawn Stevens being evaluated for possible Achilles tendon tear suffered against Sacred Heart last night, according to the Portland Press Herald.

Geez.....hate to read this. Very good FCS LB. xpeacex

Schism55
August 31st, 2019, 04:08 PM
Color guy on Towson v The Citadel game sounds high AF.

RootinFerDukes
August 31st, 2019, 04:09 PM
Elon fans, does Curt Cignetti always play to not lose? Very poorly coached game today.

wcugrad95
August 31st, 2019, 04:49 PM
Color guy on Towson v The Citadel game sounds high AF.

Afraid not - that is what he has sounded like the last couple of years I have heard him on any Citadel home games. Or I guess he could be high all the time???

ElCid
August 31st, 2019, 06:20 PM
Afraid not - that is what he has sounded like the last couple of years I have heard him on any Citadel home games. Or I guess he could be high all the time???

No, he is a squared away young man. Just has that voice. Didn't hear him today as I was at the game.

Towson pretty much couldn't stop our run, but we pretty much couldn't stop Flacco's passing game. He is really a great QB and shifty as hell. Smart guy that can see the entire field. He is patient as well. We had some game 1 errors early on that put us in a hole, otherwise I wasn't too disappointed. It was a winable game.

Henny
August 31st, 2019, 08:51 PM
Agreed. No need to kick a last second FG either. xpeacex

You were watching the game but not paying attention. Much like the rest of the time you spend on this board. The FG team is in shambles and no better practice than in game.

Also UD was up 31-6 and put in many back ups, third team players were in the game when Del St got their TD.

Cant wait for your snappy response since you're never wrong....Its beyond irritating

Henny
August 31st, 2019, 08:57 PM

My God somebody needs a life.....

Henny
August 31st, 2019, 09:02 PM

The FCS isn’t better if they are great or not. The CAA is not better if they are great or not. The rest of us don’t give a hill of beans (soybeans in DE) about Delaware being great again. When that noise stops.....I’ll stop.

I actually feel sorry or you.

Let me know when this becomes a CAA thread again as oppose to an all GT anti Delaware rant thread. .... I'm done with the dysfunction GT goes on the ignore list.

Gangtackle11
August 31st, 2019, 09:13 PM
CAA Scores:

Week 0:
Villanova 34 Colgate 14

Week 1:
Stony Brook 35 Bryant 10
NC A&T 24 Elon 21
W&M 30 Lafayette 17
West Virginia 20 JMU 13
Towson 28 The Citadel 21
Ohio 41 Rhode Island 20
Maine 42 Sacred Heart 10

Week 2:
New Hampshire @ Holy Cross
The Citadel @ Elon
Richmond @ Boston College
Maine @ Georgia Southern
Lehigh @ Villanova
St.Francis, PA. @ James Madison
NC Central @ Towson
Delaware @ Rhode Island
Bryant @ Albany
Stony Brook @ Utah State

vs. Patriot: 2-0
vs. MEAC: 1-1
vs. Southern 1-0
vs. FBS: 0-3

Gangtackle11
August 31st, 2019, 09:48 PM
I’ll let the comments pass as I want the rest of the CAA teams to have this thread.

Thus I’ll let u have the last words no matter how misguided they are. Good luck to Delaware at Rhode Island. I’m thinking that may be a tough game to win up there, but u never know. xpeacex

KPSUL
August 31st, 2019, 11:08 PM
No, he is a squared away young man. Just has that voice. Didn't hear him today as I was at the game.

Towson pretty much couldn't stop our run, but we pretty much couldn't stop Flacco's passing game. He is really a great QB and shifty as hell. Smart guy that can see the entire field. He is patient as well. We had some game 1 errors early on that put us in a hole, otherwise I wasn't too disappointed. It was a winable game.

How many times would The Citadel have to run the same play, QB steps back, delays for a moment and runs behind the right guard through the B or A gap, before Towson would come up with something to defend it? He must have done that 10 times on the last Citadel scoring drive gaining 5 or 6 yards a pop.
If Tom Flacco was the smartest guy on the field, whoever was calling the shots on the Towson D may have been the not-so brightest.

caribbeanhen
September 1st, 2019, 06:29 AM
How many times would The Citadel have to run the same play, QB steps back, delays for a moment and runs behind the right guard through the B or A gap, before Towson would come up with something to defend it? He must have done that 10 times on the last Citadel scoring drive gaining 5 or 6 yards a pop.
If Tom Flacco was the smartest guy on the field, whoever was calling the shots on the Towson D may have been the not-so brightest.

that is the beauty of Option football, they defended it well enough to win the game

You try to stop that play and you will get burned on the outside

ElCid
September 1st, 2019, 08:06 AM

Dude, I laughed so hard every time he did it. I kept thinking, it won't work this time...and it did.

maine612
September 1st, 2019, 02:16 PM
Strong showing by the CAA this weekend. There were a lot of fun games to watch...and FLOsports wasn't half bad to catch many of them. Looking forward to the rest of the season. Hopefully Maine doesn't sustain any more injury at Georgia Southern because that next game versus Towson should be a doozy.

KPSUL
September 1st, 2019, 04:20 PM
Strong showing by the CAA this weekend. There were a lot of fun games to watch...and FLOsports wasn't half bad to catch many of them. Looking forward to the rest of the season. Hopefully Maine doesn't sustain any more injury at Georgia Southern because that next game versus Towson should be a doozy.

612 I heard the announcer talking about one significant injury for the Black Bears, do you know who he was referring to?

Georgia Southern got clobbered by LSU yesterday. When UNH beat Georgia Southern in 2017 they were coming off a big loss to an SEC opponent - I think Auburn. Could be time for another Northern NE team to catch them at the right time.

MR. CHICKEN
September 1st, 2019, 04:32 PM
]I heard the announcer talking about one significant injury for the Black Bears, do you know who he was referring to? [/SIZE]

Georgia Southern got clobbered by LSU yesterday. When UNH beat Georgia Southern in 2017 they were coming off a big loss to an SEC opponent - I think Auburn. Could be time for another Northern NE team to catch them at the right time.

......POST #88 IN THIS THREAD.....MENTIONS MAINE LB...DESHAWN STEVENS......POSSIBLE ACHILLES TENDON TEAR.........AWK!

KPSUL
September 1st, 2019, 04:49 PM
......POST #88 IN THIS THREAD.....MENTIONS MAINE LB...DESHAWN STEVENS......POSSIBLE ACHILLES TENDON TEAR.........AWK!

Thanks Mr. C! Good to see you posting again, I was afraid you might have flown the Blue Hens Coop and started a new career as a Gamecock!

melloware13
September 1st, 2019, 07:00 PM
I heard the announcer talking about one significant injury for the Black Bears, do you know who he was referring to?

It also was a hurricane-influenced game, I think played in Birmingham

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 1st, 2019, 09:05 PM
Based on how several of the top FCS teams did against FBS teams I have hope Maine can make a run at it. I took a trip over to the GSU board. They seem a bit clueless as to how good Maine might be. Even if GSU is solid, a top 5 FCS team should be able to roll with them. The Eagles are likely in the Cal, Northern Illinois, West Virginia, Les Miles coached Kansas team territory.....

KPSUL
September 1st, 2019, 09:26 PM
It also was a hurricane-influenced game, I think played in Birmingham

Yes it was, I was there. I had bought tickets for a home game at GA So, but there was actually no charge at Legion Field - anyone could get in for free. Maybe 1500 GA So fans, 150 UNH and several hundred local folks. I met some UNH alumni who had to evacuate Florida and decided to go to the Birmingham area and attend the game. A few weeks later GA So athletic department offered me a ticket refund but I donated the money to their football program - they appeared to need it at the moment. As it turned out parts of AL got hit worse that Statesville GA. Unexpectedly the hurricane came up the gulf coast of FL instead of the Atlantic side as expected. Birmingham got torrential rains a day and a half after the game, but the weather was perfect when the game was played. Coincidentally, UNH had played @ GA So once previously in a playoff game in Tropical Storm conditions and upset them in that game also.

Hurricane Dorian is suppose to be well past the coast of GA before the Maine game Saturday evening. However, effects of the storm could have an effect on facilities and attendance for both fan bases.

BDKJMU
September 1st, 2019, 10:57 PM
Elon fans, does Curt Cignetti always play to not lose? Very poorly coached game today.
Don't think it was poorly coached at all. Offensively maybe on the conservative side, but JMU lost by only 7 because of 3 turnovers (to none for WVU) + having a blocked chip shot FG, not because of any poor coaching.

jmu007
September 2nd, 2019, 09:13 AM
Yeah, I agree. JMu game was coached just fine. Some of the takes the past 48 hours from a vocal minority of JMU posters in various places is getting to the point of mind numbing.

melloware13
September 2nd, 2019, 11:50 AM
Week 2 Capsules:
Delaware (1-0) @ Rhode Island (0-1)
Series All-Time: DEL 22-10
Series in Kingston: DEL 8-6
Series in Newark: DEL 14-4
Streak: URI 2

First Meeting: @URI 7, DEL 0 (10/21/1922)
Last Meeting: URI 21, @DEL 19 (8/30/2018)
Last DEL Win: @DEL 28, URI 13 (11/1/2014)

Delaware Last Game: W 31-13 v Delaware State
Rhode Island Last Game: L 41-20 @ Ohio

William & Mary (1-0) @ Virginia (1-0, 1-0 ACC)
Series All-Time: UVA 29-6-1
Series in Charlottesville: UVA 24-4
Series in Williamsburg: UVA 3-1-1
Series in Norfolk, VA: UVA 2-1
Streak: UVA 3

First Meeting: @UVA 11, W&M 0 (9/26/1908)
Last Meeting: @UVA 28, W&M 10 (9/2/2017)
Last W&M Win: W&M 26, UVA 14 (9/5/2009)

William & Mary Last Game: W 30-17 v Lafayette
Virginia Last Game: W 30-14 @ Pittsburgh

William & Mary v ACC: 49-128-9
Virginia v CAA: 60-10-3

New Hampshire (0-0) @ Holy Cross (0-1)
Series All-Time: UNH 9-7
Series in Worcester: HC 5-3
Series in Durham: UNH 5-2
Series in Manchester, NH: UNH 1-0
Streak: UNH 1

First Meeting: @HC 13, UNH 0 (10/2/1909)
Last Meeting: @UNH 28, HC 0 (10/6/2018)
Last HC Win: @HC 51, UNH 26 (9/16/2017)

New Hampshire 2018: 4-7, 3-5 CAA
Holy Cross Last Game: L 45-7 @ Navy

New Hampshire v Patriot: 39-14
Holy Cross v CAA: 38-32-1

The Citadel (0-1) @ Elon (0-1)
Series All-Time: CIT 8-5
Series in Elon: ELON 3-2
Series in Charleston: CIT 6-2
Streak: CIT 2

First Meeting: @CIT 21, ELON 13 (9/25/1954)
Last Meeting: CIT 35, @ELON 10 (11/9/2013)
Last ELON Win: @ELON 18, CIT 15 (9/24/2011)

The Citadel Last Game: L 28-21 v Towson
Elon Last Game: L 24-21 @ North Carolina A&T

The Citadel v CAA: 33-45
Elon v SoCon: 63-76-2

Richmond (1-0) @ Boston College (1-0, 1-0 ACC)
Series All-Time: BC 4-1
Series in Chestnut Hill: BC 1-0
Series in Richmond: BC 1-0
Series in Boston, MA: BC 2-1
Streak: BC 2

First Meeting: @BC 21, RICH 7 (11/2/1951 - Boston, MA)
Last Meeting: BC 24, @RICH 0 (10/2/1971)
Last RICH Win: RICH 14, @BC 0 (10/31/1953 - Boston, MA)

Richmond Last Game: W 38-19 v Jacksonville
Boston College Last Game: W 35-28 v Virginia Tech

Richmond v ACC: 28-124-8
Boston College v CAA: 54-26-2

Maine (1-0) @ Georgia Southern (0-1)
Series All-Time: GSU 3-0
All Games in Statesboro
Streak: GSU 3

First Meeting: @GSU 31, MAINE 28 (11/28/1987)
Last Meeting: @GSU 35, MAINE 23 (12/10/2011)

Maine Last Game: W 42-14 v Sacred Heart
Georgia Southern Last Game: L 55-3 @ LSU

Maine v Sun Belt: 3-3
Georgia Southern v CAA: 25-9

North Carolina Central (0-1) @ Towson (1-0)
Series All-Time: TOW 2-0
Series in Towson: TOW 1-0
Series in Durham: TOW 1-0
Streak: TOW 2

First Meeting: TOW 35, @NCCU 17 (9/21/2013)
Last Meeting: @TOW 31, NCCU 20 (9/20/2014)

North Carolina Central Last Game: L 41-10 @ Austin Peay
Towson Last Game: W 28-21 @ The Citadel

North Carolina Central v CAA: 3-13
Towson v MEAC: 38-14

Lehigh (0-1) @ Villanova (1-0)
Series All-Time: NOVA 10-5
Series in Villanova: NOVA 4-1
Series in Bethlehem: NOVA 6-4
Streak: NOVA 7

First Meeting: @LEH 71, NOVA 0 (10/17/1903)
Last Meeting: NOVA 31, @LEH 9 (9/8/2018)
Last LEH Win: LEH 31, @NOVA 28 (9/9/2006)

Lehigh Last Game: L 14-13 v St. Francis
Villanova Last Game: W 34-14 @ Colgate

Lehigh v CAA: 49-72
Villanova v Patriot: 71-38-5

St. Francis (1-0) @ James Madison (0-1)
Series All-Time: JMU 3-0
All Games in Harrisonburg
Streak: JMU 3

First Meeting: @JMU 55, SFU 7 (9/1/2012)
Last Meeting: @JMU 38, SFU 22 (9/13/2014)

St. Francis Last Game: W 14-13 @ Lehigh
James Madison Last Game: L 20-13 @ West Virginia

St. Francis v CAA: 0-34
James Madison v NEC: 8-1

Bryant (0-1) @ Albany (0-1)
Series All-Time: Tied 2-2
Series in Albany: Tied 1-1
Series in Smithfield: Tied 1-1
Streak: ALB 1

First Meeting: @ALB 20, BRY 17 (10/17/2009)
Last Meeting: ALB 31, @BRY 14 (10/6/2012)
Last BRY Win: BRY 31, @ALB 17 (11/5/2011)

Bryant Last Game: L 35-10 @ Stony Brook
Albany Last Game: L 38-21 @ Central Michigan

Bryant v CAA: 4-12
Albany v NEC: 73-21-1

Stony Brook (1-0) @ Utah State (0-1)
First Meeting

Stony Brook Last Game: W 35-10 v Bryant
Utah State Last Game: L 38-35 @ Wake Forest

Stony Brook v MWC: 0-1
Utah State v CAA: 0-0

RootinFerDukes
September 2nd, 2019, 01:13 PM
I'm curious what JMU's one loss to an NEC program was. It looks like it was a 1981 home loss to the then C.W. Post (now Long Island Sharks as of this season).

melloware13
September 2nd, 2019, 03:15 PM
I'm curious what JMU's one loss to an NEC program was. It looks like it was a 1981 home loss to the then C.W. Post (now Long Island Sharks as of this season).
I counted CW Post as a NEC for those records, most of the rest of JMU's games against the NEC have been in this decade

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 2nd, 2019, 09:37 PM
Sounds like Georgia Southern's weekly routine might be affected, perhaps significantly, by the hurricane. Not going to be an easy bounce back after getting crushed by LSU.

maine612
September 3rd, 2019, 07:53 AM
Sounds like Georgia Southern's weekly routine might be affected, perhaps significantly, by the hurricane. Not going to be an easy bounce back after getting crushed by LSU.

They also have a couple of significant injuries. QB Werts is iffy and one of their starting DE is out for the year. Those big boy games always seem to come at a price. Hopeful everyone in Statesboro and across the south east stay safe through this.

Gangtackle11
September 8th, 2019, 05:30 AM
CAA Scores:

Week 3:
North Dakota State @ Delaware
Albany @ Monmouth
Morgan State @ JMU
Elon @ Richmond
Colgate @ W&M
Wagner @ Stony Brook
Towson @ Maine
Villanova @ Bucknell
New Hampshire @ Florida International

Week 2:
New Hampshire 10 @ Holy Cross 13
The Citadel 28 @ Elon 35
Richmond 13 @ Boston College 45
Maine 18 @ Georgia Southern 26
Lehigh 10 @ Villanova 38
St.Francis, PA. 7 @ James Madison 44
NC Central 3 @ Towson 42
Delaware 44 @ Rhode Island 38 (3OT)
Bryant 3 @ Albany 45
Stony Brook 7 @ Utah State 62

Week 1:
Stony Brook 35 Bryant 10
NC A&T 24 Elon 21
W&M 30 Lafayette 17
West Virginia 20 JMU 13
Towson 28 The Citadel 21
Ohio 41 Rhode Island 20
Maine 42 Sacred Heart 10

Week 0:
Villanova 34 Colgate 14

vs. Patriot: 3-1
vs. NEC: 4-0
vs. MEAC: 2-1
vs. Southern 2-0
vs. FBS: 0-6

melloware13
September 8th, 2019, 11:30 AM
Week 3 Capsules:
Elon (1-1) @ Richmond (1-1)
Series All-Time: RICH 7-2
Series in Richmond: RICH 3-1
Series in Elon: RICH 3-1
Series in Greensboro, NC: RICH 1-0
Streak: ELON 2

First Meeting: RICH 34, @ELON 0 (10/20/1928 - Greensboro, NC)
Last Meeting: @ELON 38, RICH 28 (10/20/2018)
Last RICH Win: RICH 35, @ELON 7 (10/22/2016)

Elon Last Game: W 35-28 v The Citadel
Richmond Last Game: L 45-13 @ Boston College

Towson (2-0) @ Maine (1-1)
Series All-Time: MAINE 8-6
Series in Orono: TOW 4-3
Series in Towson: MAINE 5-2
Streak: MAINE 1

First Meeting: TOW 13, @MAINE 7 (9/8/1979)
Last Meeting: MAINE 35, @ TOW 28 (11/3/2018)
Last TOW Win: TOW 10, @MAINE 7 (11/7/2015)

Towson Last Game: W 42-3 v North Carolina Central
Maine Last Game: L 26-18 @ Georgia Southern

North Dakota State (2-0) @ Delaware (2-0, 1-0 CAA)
Series All-Time: NDSU 1-0
Game was in Fargo
First/Last Meeting: @NDSU 38, DEL 10 (9/22/2018)

North Dakota State v CAA: 7-1
Delaware v MVFC: 10-2

North Dakota State Last Game: W 38-7 v North Dakota
Delaware Last Game: W 44-36 @ Rhode Island (3OT)

Albany (1-1) @ Monmouth (1-1)
Series All-Time: ALB 11-4
Series in West Long Branch: ALB 4-2
Series in Albany: ALB 7-2
Streak: ALB 7

First Meeting: @ALB 31, MONM 28 (9/19/1998)
Last Meeting: @ALB 28, MONM 14 (9/16/2017)
Last MONM Win: MONM 19, @ALB 0 (11/11/2006)

Albany v Big South: 11-4
Monmouth v CAA: 11-27

Albany Last Game: W 45-3 v Bryant
Monmouth Last Game: W 24-21 v Lafayette

Morgan State (0-1) @ James Madison (1-1)
Series All-Time: JMU 1-0
Game was in Harrisonburg
First/Last Meeting: @JMU 76, MORG 7 (9/2/1995)

Morgan State v CAA: 7-27-1
James Madison v MEAC: 6-1

Morgan State Last Game: L 46-3 @ Bowling Green
James Madison Last Game: W 44-7 v St. Francis

Colgate (0-2) @ William & Mary (1-1)
Series All-Time: W&M 6-4
Series in Williamsburg: W&M 4-3
Series in Hamilton: W&M 2-1
Streak: COLG 1

First Meeting: COLG 49, @W&M 42 (11/10/1973)
Last Meeting: COLG 23, @W&M 0 (9/29/2018)
Last W&M Win: W&M 44, @COLG 26 (11/7/1992)

Colgate v CAA: 26-36
William & Mary v Patriot: 24-10

Colgate Last Game: L 48-7 @ Air Force
William & Mary Last Game: L 52-17 @ Virginia

Wagner (0-2) @ Stony Brook (1-1)
Series All-Time: WAG 9-5
Series in Stony Brook: SBU 4-3
Series on Staten Island: WAG 6-1
Streak: SBU 3

First Meeting: @WAG 26, SBU 10 (9/28/1985)
Last Meeting: @SBU 38, WAG 10 (11/11/2017)
Last WAG Win: @WAG 21, SBU 13 (9/18/2004)

Wagner v CAA: 12-21
Stony Brook v NEC: 39-31

Wagner Last Game: L 24-14 v East Stroudsburg
Stony Brook Last Game: L 62-7 @ Utah State

Villanova (2-0) @ Bucknell (0-2)
Series All-Time: NOVA 13-11-2
Series in Lewisburg: BUCK 5-4
Series in Villanova: NOVA 6-2-1
Series in Scranton, PA: BUCK 3-2-1
Series in Wilkes-Barre, PA: NOVA 1-0
Series in Harrisburg, PA: BUCK 1-0
Streak: NOVA 7

First Meeting: BUCK 0, @NOVA 0 (11/24/1900)
Last Meeting: @NOVA 49, BUCK 7 (9/22/2018)
Last BUCK Win: BUCK 27, @NOVA 6 (11/18/1944)

Villanova v Patriot: 72-38-5
Bucknell v CAA: 34-63-2

Villanova Last Game: W 38-10 v Lehigh
Bucknell Last Game: L 30-10 @ Sacred Heart

New Hampshire (0-1) @ Florida International (0-2, 0-1 C-USA)
First Meeting

New Hampshire v C-USA: 1-3
Florida International v CAA: 1-3

New Hampshire Last Game: L 13-10 @ Holy Cross
Florida International Last Game: L 20-14 v Western Kentucky

tigonian02
September 9th, 2019, 12:18 AM
They also have a couple of significant injuries. QB Werts is iffy and one of their starting DE is out for the year. Those big boy games always seem to come at a price. Hopeful everyone in Statesboro and across the south east stay safe through this.

We also had 3 different centers in that game (created terrible high snaps which ruined drives)

Gangtackle11
September 9th, 2019, 06:33 AM
8319 at the Lehigh-Nova game. That’s about as good as it gets for Nova. Student section was full as was the entire home side. Beer now allowed at your seats. We’ll see if this can hold up into the CAA season which of course is hoops season for many at Nova.

https://twitter.com/novafootball/status/1170526699454423040?s=21

xpeacex

ncspiderfan
September 11th, 2019, 05:09 PM
Spiders just found out today their starting RB Xavier Goodall is done for season and likely his career could have come to an end. Third time injuring same knee.

Richmond still has good backs, but tough luck for the young man to put in the work to come back as the starter and be injured again in second game of the year.

Gangtackle11
September 11th, 2019, 07:01 PM
Spiders just found out today their starting RB Xavier Goodall is done for season and likely his career could have come to an end. Third time injuring same knee.

Richmond still has good backs, but tough luck for the young man to put in the work to come back as the starter and be injured again in second game of the year.

i hate to see this. Best of luck to the young man. xpeacex

Derby City Duke
September 11th, 2019, 09:59 PM
Sorry to hear this. Wishing him well in his recovery.

Sitting Bull
September 12th, 2019, 10:00 AM
8319 at the Lehigh-Nova game. That’s about as good as it gets for Nova. Student section was full as was the entire home side. Beer now allowed at your seats. We’ll see if this can hold up into the CAA season which of course is hoops season for many at Nova.

https://twitter.com/novafootball/status/1170526699454423040?s=21

xpeacex

That's good though I was more impressed that URI had over 8,500 for their game with UD. That has to be one of the larger crowds there in years. Believe it was their first night game which was likely a big factor. Good for URI.

Gangtackle11
September 15th, 2019, 09:58 AM
​CAA Scores:

Week 3:
North Dakota State 47 @ Delaware 22
Albany 35 @ Monmouth 38 OT
Morgan State 12 @ JMU 63
Elon 42 @ Richmond 20
Colgate 10 @ W&M 38
Wagner 10 @ Stony Brook 26
Towson 45 @ Maine 23
Villanova 45 @ Bucknell 10
New Hampshire 17 @ Florida International 30

Week 2:
The Citadel 28 @ Elon 35
Lehigh 10 @ Villanova 38
NC Central 3 @ Towson 42
Bryant 3 @ Albany 45
William & Mary 17 @ Virginia 52

Week 1:
Stony Brook 35 Bryant 10
NC A&T 24 Elon 21
W&M 30 Lafayette 17
West Virginia 20 JMU 13
Towson 28 The Citadel 21
Ohio 41 Rhode Island 20
Maine 42 Sacred Heart 10

Week 0:
Villanova 34 Colgate 14

vs. Patriot: 5-1
vs. NEC: 5-0
vs. MEAC: 3-1
vs. Southern 2-0
vs. MVFC 0-1
vs. Big South 0-1
vs. FBS: 0-8

melloware13
September 15th, 2019, 03:01 PM
Week 4 Capsules:
Rhode Island (0-2, 0-1 CAA) @ New Hampshire (0-2)
Series All-Time: UNH 59-29-5
Series in Durham: UNH 32-10-2
Series in Kingston: UNH 26-19-2
Series in Manchester, NH: 0-0-1
Series in Dover, NH: UNH 1-0
Streak: URI 1

First Meeting: UNH 6, URI 0 (9/23/1905 - Dover, NH)
Last Meeting: @URI 24, UNH 21 (11/17/2018)
Last UNH Win: @UNH 28, URI 14 (9/23/2017)

Rhode Island Last Game: L 44-36 v Delaware (3OT)
New Hampshire Last Game: L 30-17 @ Florida International

Villanova (3-0) @ Towson (3-0, 1-0 CAA)
Series All-Time: NOVA 9-6
Series in Towson: NOVA 4-3
Series in Villanova: NOVA 5-3
Streak: TOW 1

First Meeting: @NOVA 41, TOW 6 (10/23/2004)
Last Meeting: TOW 45, @NOVA 35 (9/15/2018)
Last NOVA win: NOVA 24, @TOW 9 (9/30/2017)

Villanova Last Game: W 45-10 @ Bucknell
Towson Last Game: W 45-23 @ Maine

Maine (2-1, 0-1 CAA) @ Colgate (0-3)
Series All-Time: COLG 2-1
Series in Hamilton: COLG 1-0
Series in Orono: MAINE 1-0
Series in Utica, NY: COLG 1-0
Streak: MAINE 1-0

First Meeting: @COLG 28, MAINE 0 (10/4/1916 - Utica, NY)
Last Meeting: @MAINE 34, COLG 10 (9/8/2001)
Last COLG Win: @COLG 28, MAINE 21 (9/4/1999)

Maine v Patriot: 15-19-1
Colgate v CAA: 26-37

Maine Last Game: L 45-23 v Towson
Colgate Last Game: L 38-10 @ William & Mary

Elon (2-1, 1-0 CAA) @ Wake Forest (2-1)
Series All-Time: WF 10-0-1
Series in Winston-Salem: WF 2-0
Series in Elon: WF 2-0
Series in Greensboro, NC: WF 1-0
Series in Wake Forest, NC: WF 5-0-1
Streak: WF 4

First Meeting: @WF 29, ELON 0 (11/6/1920 - Wake Forest, NC)
Last Meeting: @WF 41, ELON 3 (9/3/2015)

Elon v ACC: 1-26-2
Wake Forest v CAA: 34-18-3

Elon Last Game: W 42-20 @ Richmond
Wake Forest Last Game: W 24-18 v North Carolina

Penn (0-0) @ Delaware (2-1, 1-0 CAA)
Series All-Time: PENN 3-2
Series in Newark: DEL 1-0
Series in Philadelphia: PENN 3-1
Streak: DEL 2

First Meeting: @PENN 89, DEL 0 (10/11/1919)
Last Meeting: @DEL 40, PENN 7 (9/24/1983)
Last PENN Win: @PENN 89, DEL 0 (9/24/1921)

Penn v CAA: 11-24
Delaware v Ivy: 6-3

Penn 2018: 6-4 (3-4 Ivy)
Delaware Last Game: L 47-22 v North Dakota State

Lafayette (0-3) @ Albany (1-2)
First Meeting

Lafayette v CAA: 24-50
Albany v Patriot: 10-8

Lafayette Last Game: L 56-40 v Sacred Heart
Albany Last Game: L 38-35 @ Monmouth (OT)

James Madison (2-1) @ Chattanooga (1-2)
First Meeting

JMU v SoCon: 20-9
Chattanooga v CAA: 8-8

James Madison Last Game: W 63-12 v Morgan State
Chattanooga Last Game: L 45-0 @ Tennessee

Fordham (1-2) @ Stony Brook (2-1)
Series All-Time: SBU 2-1
Series in Stony Brook: SBU 1-0
Series in The Bronx: 1-1
Streak: SBU 2

First Meeting: @FORD 14, SBU 6 (10/24/1987)
Last Meeting: SBU 28, @FORD 6 (9/15/2018)

Fordham v CAA: 25-40-4
Stony Brook v Patriot: 10-7

Fordham Last Game: W 29-14 v Bryant
Stony Brook Last Game: W 26-10 v Wagner

William & Mary (2-1) @ East Carolina (1-2, 0-1 AAC)
Series All-Time: ECU 12-4-1
Series in Greenville: ECU 6-3
Series in Williamsburg: ECU 6-0-1
Series in Norfolk, VA: W&M 1-0
Streak: ECU 3

First Meeting: ECU 7, @W&M 7 (9/17/1966)
Last Meeting: @ECU 38, W&M 23 (9/22/2001)
Last W&M Win: W&M 31, @ECU 21 (11/14/1981)

William & Mary v AAC: 19-61-3
East Carolina v CAA: 36-25-1

William & Mary Last Game: W 38-10 v Colgate
East Carolina Last Game: L 42-10 @ Navy

Hanca
September 16th, 2019, 10:08 AM
Richmond is so bad. Bye this week is a pick'em. Lack of coaching, top to bottom, is so obvious. May have worst special team kick coverage in nation for yet another year.

Sitting Bull
September 16th, 2019, 02:15 PM
​CAA Scores:

Week 3:
Morgan State 12 @ JMU 63
Elon 42 @ Richmond 20
Colgate 10 @ W&M 38
Towson 45 @ Maine 23

Week 2:
The Citadel 28 @ Elon 35
Lehigh 10 @ Villanova 38
NC Central 3 @ Towson 42
Bryant 3 @ Albany 45

Week 1:
Stony Brook 35 Bryant 10
NC A&T 24 Elon 21
W&M 30 Lafayette 17
West Virginia 20 JMU 13
Towson 28 The Citadel 21
Ohio 41 Rhode Island 20
Maine 42 Sacred Heart 10

Week 0:
Villanova 34 Colgate 14

vs. Patriot: 5-1
vs. NEC: 5-0
vs. Southern 2-0
vs. MVFC 0-1
vs. Big South 0-1
vs. FBS: 0-7

You are missing Tribe vs UVA week 2 (17-52). I assume you are just keeping this a running doc.

Henny
September 18th, 2019, 07:29 PM
Nolan Henderson has been named UD's starting QB vs Penn this week.

Gangtackle11
September 18th, 2019, 07:56 PM

He’s your best option to win games. xpeacex

caribbeanhen
September 18th, 2019, 09:02 PM

now we need the other half of our Day Knight combination to be named the starter, with Henderson being the Day

Gangtackle11
September 19th, 2019, 08:52 AM
now we need the other half of our Day Knight combination to be named the starter, with Henderson being the Day

Maybe Henderson should be Gladys? xpeacex

melloware13
September 19th, 2019, 12:57 PM
Massey Projecting the rest of the year by percent:
1. James Madison (9.31 - 2.69, 6.41 - 1.59 CAA)
2. Towson (8.32 - 3.68, 5.31 - 2.69 CAA)
3. Delaware (6.95 - 5.05, 5.14 - 2.86 CAA)
4. Maine (6.69 - 5.31, 4.67 - 3.33 CAA)
5. Villanova (8.50 - 3.50, 4.57 - 3.43 CAA)
6. Elon (5.42 - 5.58, 4.38 - 3.62 CAA)
7. Stony Brook (7.21 - 4.79, 4.25 - 3.75 CAA)
8. William & Mary (5.45 - 6.55, 3.21 - 4.79 CAA)
9. New Hampshire (3.81 - 7.19, 3.09 - 4.91 CAA)
10. Rhode Island (4.96 - 7.04, 3.07 - 4.93 CAA)
11. Albany (3.97 - 8.03, 2.14 - 5.86 CAA)
12. Richmond (3.77 - 8.23, 1.70 - 6.30 CAA)

By rounding:
1. James Madison (11-1, 8-0 CAA)
2. Towson (10-2, 7-1 CAA)
3. Villanova (10-2, 6-2 CAA) [55% chance to win v Maine]
4. Maine (8-4, 6-2 CAA)
5. Elon (6-5, 5-3 CAA) [54% chance to win v Delaware]
6. Delaware (7-5, 5-3 CAA)
7. Stony Brook (7-5, 4-4 CAA)
8. William & Mary (5-7, 3-5 CAA)
9. New Hampshire (3-8, 2-6 CAA)
T10. Rhode Island (3-9, 1-7 CAA) [Both projected to only beat Albany]
T10. Richmond (3-9, 1-7 CAA)
12. Albany (2-10, 0-8 CAA)

Derby City Duke
September 19th, 2019, 01:42 PM
Massey Projecting the rest of the year by percent:
1. James Madison (9.31 - 2.69, 6.41 - 1.59 CAA)
2. Towson (8.32 - 3.68, 5.31 - 2.69 CAA)
3. Delaware (6.95 - 5.05, 5.14 - 2.86 CAA)
4. Maine (6.69 - 5.31, 4.67 - 3.33 CAA)
5. Villanova (8.50 - 3.50, 4.57 - 3.43 CAA)
6. Elon (5.42 - 5.58, 4.38 - 3.62 CAA)
7. Stony Brook (7.21 - 4.79, 4.25 - 3.75 CAA)
8. William & Mary (5.45 - 6.55, 3.21 - 4.79 CAA)
9. New Hampshire (3.81 - 7.19, 3.09 - 4.91 CAA)
10. Rhode Island (4.96 - 7.04, 3.07 - 4.93 CAA)
11. Albany (3.97 - 8.03, 2.14 - 5.86 CAA)
12. Richmond (3.77 - 8.23, 1.70 - 6.30 CAA)

By rounding:
2. Towson (10-2, 7-1 CAA)
3. Villanova (10-2, 6-2 CAA) [55% chance to win v Maine]
4. Maine (8-4, 6-2 CAA)
5. Elon (6-5, 5-3 CAA) [54% chance to win v Delaware]
6. Delaware (7-5, 5-3 CAA)
7. Stony Brook (7-5, 4-4 CAA)
8. William & Mary (5-7, 3-5 CAA)
9. New Hampshire (3-8, 2-6 CAA)
T10. Rhode Island (3-9, 1-7 CAA) [Both projected to only beat Albany]
T10. Richmond (3-9, 1-7 CAA)
12. Albany (2-10, 0-8 CAA)

Albany's still in the CAA? Really?

Dukie95
September 20th, 2019, 11:27 AM
Albany's still in the CAA? Really?

No kidding. JMU hasn't played Albany since 2015, two coaches ago. JMU will see former all-CAA Elijah Ibitokun-Hanks for the first time ever in an OOC game.

caribbeanhen
September 20th, 2019, 03:48 PM
Maybe Henderson should be Gladys? xpeacex

How about Florence Henderson and Gladys Knight and the Pipps? what ever it takes to finally take down your preppies GT... call em whatever you want

Gangtackle11
September 20th, 2019, 05:53 PM
How about Florence Henderson and Gladys Knight and the Pipps? what ever it takes to finally take down your preppies GT... call em whatever you want

Its proven to be an insurmountable task even in Kardashian era. Might want to lower your sights. xsmiley_wixxpeacex

RootinFerDukes
September 21st, 2019, 08:51 PM
Great win by Nova tonight. It's clear the Dirty Birds won't be breaking their Battle of the Blue streak this year.

The JMU revenge tour starts next week. ALL ABOARD!!!!! TOOT TOOOOOOOOT!

Seawolf97
September 21st, 2019, 08:55 PM
Stony Brrook rolls over Fordham 45-10 . It could have been worse but sat n the ball on the 4 yard and tried not to score with two minutes to go.

melloware13
September 22nd, 2019, 11:43 AM
Week 5 Capsules:
James Madison (3-1) @ Elon (2-2, 1-0 CAA)
Series All-Time: JMU 6-1
Series in Elon: JMU 2-0
Series in Harrisonburg: JMU 4-1
Streak: ELON 1

First Meeting: @JMU 19, ELON 12 (9/26/1998)
Last Meeting: ELON 27, @JMU 24 (10/6/2018)
Last JMU Win: JMU 31, @ELON 3 (11/18/2017)

James Madison Last Game: W 37-14 @ Chattanooga
Elon Last Game: L 49-7 @ Wake Forest

Maine (2-2, 0-1 CAA) @ Villanova (4-0, 1-0 CAA)
Series All-Time: NOVA 12-10
Series in Villanova: NOVA 7-4
Series in Orono: MAINE 6-5
Streak: MAINE 1

First Meeting: MAINE 20, @NOVA 17 (11/19/1988)
Last Meeting: @MAINE 13, NOVA 10 (10/6/2018)
Last NOVA Win: @NOVA 31, MAINE 0 (10/7/2017)

Maine Last Game: W 35-21 @ Colgate
Villanova Last Game: W 52-45 @ Towson (OT)

William & Mary (2-2) @ Albany (2-2)
Series All-Time: W&M 1-0
Game was in Williamsburg

Only Meeting: @W&M 25, ALB 22 (10/6/2018)

William & Mary Last Game: L 19-7 @ East Carolina
Albany Last Game: W 36-7 v Lafayette

Stony Brook (3-1) @ Rhode Island (0-3, 0-2 CAA)
Series All-Time: SBU 6-0
Series in Kingston: SBU 3-0
Series in Stony Brook: SBU 3-0
Streak: SBU 6

First Meeting: SBU 24, @URI 0 (9/7/2013)
Last Meeting: @SBU 52, URI 14 (10/20/2018)

Stony Brook Last Game: W 45-10 v Fordham
Rhode Island Last Game: L 27-24 @ New Hampshire

Delaware (3-1, 1-0 CAA) @ Pittsburgh (2-2, 0-1 ACC)
Series All-Time: PITT 1-0
Game was in Pittsburgh

Only Meeting: @PITT 62, DEL 0 (8/30/2014)

Delaware v ACC: 0-5
Pittsburgh v CAA: 12-0

Delaware Last Game: W 28-27 v Penn
Pittsburgh Last Game: W 35-34 v Central Florida

Duquesne (2-1) @ New Hampshire (1-2, 1-0 CAA)
First Meeting

Duquesne v CAA: 7-12
New Hampshire v NEC: 11-0

Duquesne Last Game: W 35-31 @ Dayton
New Hampshire Last Game: W 27-24 v Rhode Island

Richmond (1-2, 0-1 CAA) @ Fordham (1-3)
Series All-Time: RICH 1-0-1
Series in The Bronx: 0-0-1
Series in Richmond: RICH 1-0
Streak: RICH 1

First Meeting: RICH 3, @FORD 3 (10/21/1995)
Last Meeting: @RICH 52, FORD 7 (9/8/2018)

Richmond v Patriot: 12-11-1
Fordham v CAA: 25-41-4

Richmond Last Game: L 42-20 v Elon
Fordham Last Game: L 45-10 @ Stony Brook

Towson (3-1, 1-1 CAA) @ Florida (4-0, 2-0 SEC)
First Meeting

Towson v SEC: 0-1
Florida v CAA: 2-4

Towson Last Game: L 52-45 v Villanova (OT)
Florida Last Game: W 34-3 v Tennessee

RootinFerDukes
September 22nd, 2019, 12:55 PM
Florida is 2-4 all time against the current CAA?! I have to see what those games are. Probably in 1913.

Sitting Bull
September 22nd, 2019, 02:09 PM
I'm guessing Villanova or UR years ago. W&M has never played Florida (though 1-1 with the Seminoles).

smilo
September 22nd, 2019, 02:18 PM
Villanova beat UF four times in the 40s per sports reference.

Gangtackle11
September 22nd, 2019, 02:43 PM
Villanova beat UF four times in the 40s per sports reference.

Owned the Gators (They were called Delaware Southern back in the day) xpeacex

caribbeanhen
September 22nd, 2019, 05:12 PM
Great win by Nova tonight. It's clear the Dirty Birds won't be breaking their Battle of the Blue streak this year.

The JMU revenge tour starts next week. ALL ABOARD!!!!! TOOT TOOOOOOOOT!

Lotta Bird watchers up and down the CAA

Gangtackle11
September 22nd, 2019, 09:47 PM
Lotta Bird watchers up and down the CAA

Yes. We’re all anxious here to have them return to national prominence. xpeacex

Gangtackle11
September 23rd, 2019, 09:08 PM
CAA Scores:

Week 5:
JMU 45 Elon 10
Pitt 17 Delaware 14
Fordham 23 Richmond 16
UNH 23 Duquesne 6
Villanova 33 Maine 17
Florida 38 Towson 0
Albany 39 W&M 31
Stony Brook 31 Rhode Island 27

Week 4:
Wake Forest 49 Elon 7
Maine 35 Colgate 21
Delaware 28 Penn 27
Albany 36 Lafayette 7
James Madison 37 Chattanooga 14
East Carolina 19 William & Mary 7
New Hampshire 27 Rhode Island 24
Stony Brook 45 Fordham 10

Week 3:
Morgan State 12 @ JMU 63
Elon 42 @ Richmond 20
Colgate 10 @ W&M 38
Towson 45 @ Maine 23

Week 2:
The Citadel 28 @ Elon 35
Lehigh 10 @ Villanova 38
NC Central 3 @ Towson 42
Bryant 3 @ Albany 45
William & Mary 17 @ Virginia 52

Week 1:
Stony Brook 35 Bryant 10
NC A&T 24 Elon 21
W&M 30 Lafayette 17
West Virginia 20 JMU 13
Towson 28 The Citadel 21
Ohio 41 Rhode Island 20
Maine 42 Sacred Heart 10

Week 0:
Villanova 34 Colgate 14

vs. Patriot: 8-2
vs. NEC: 6-0
vs. Southern 3-0
vs. MVFC 0-1
vs. Big South 0-1
vs. FBS: 0-12

Henny
October 3rd, 2019, 11:45 AM
Troy Reeder, the leading tackler in the Colonial in 2018 with be starting for the LA Rams this evening against Seattle.

Derby City Duke
October 3rd, 2019, 03:11 PM
Troy Reeder, the leading tackler in the Colonial in 2018 with be starting for the LA Rams this evening against Seattle.

1 guy ain't fixing that 'defense.'

Henny
October 3rd, 2019, 08:30 PM
Nope, he's in to do his job, I like to keep this updated since some people had some varying opinions regarding this particular player. So far so good for this undrafted rookie.

Gangtackle11
October 3rd, 2019, 09:28 PM
Nope, he's in to do his job, I like to keep this updated since some people had some varying opinions regarding this particular player. So far so good for this undrafted rookie.

Lol. He’s got more tackles than he had in 3 years vs. Villanova!

Honestly, Good for him. Congrats Uncle Henny. Pet the family dog for me. xpeacex

Henny
October 4th, 2019, 06:50 AM
Lol. He’s got more tackles than he had in 3 years vs. Villanova!

Honestly, Good for him. Congrats Uncle Henny. Pet the family dog for me. xpeacex

LOL!! He ended up with 13 tackles, 8 solo but the Rams lost..

CenMEBlackBearFan
October 4th, 2019, 02:49 PM
LOL!! He ended up with 13 tackles, 8 solo but the Rams lost..

Holy crap, that is an impressive debut. I am in a fantasy league where we play a DB or safety and you get one point for each solo and 1/2 a point for an assist, 10.5 is a very good game. I would love to play a CAA play Let me know what u here about him going forward.

Gangtackle11
October 13th, 2019, 05:47 AM
I’ve been accused of swaying the AGS poll voters on Delaware by a AGS poster in their fan forum. xlolx

Claimed that my criticism of Delaware football here has been a reason for them being lower in the AGS poll than the others. xcoffeex

I’ll leave it up to you all to decide where they belong now. I’m sleeping comfortably with my observations that they aren’t anything special. I’d say my assessment here of Delaware has been right on actually. xpeacex

PS: Villanova may have been too high in the polls, but they played a competitive game against the CAA’s King of the Hill. We are the team on the rise in the Mid-Atlantic region of the CAA. xpeacex

jmu007
October 13th, 2019, 08:30 AM
I’ve been accused of swaying the AGS poll voters on Delaware by a AGS poster in their fan forum. xlolx

Claimed that my criticism of Delaware football here has been a reason for them being lower in the AGS poll than the others. xcoffeex

I’ll leave it up to you all to decide where they belong now. I’m sleeping comfortably with my observations that they aren’t anything special. I’d say my assessment here of Delaware has been right on actually. xpeacex

PS: Villanova may have been too high in the polls, but they played a competitive game against the CAA’s King of the Hill. We are the team on the rise in the Mid-Atlantic region of the CAA. xpeacex

You guys are solidly top 10 and probably top 5 by end of the year. QB gets the ball out too quick to be challenged by very many teams left on the schedule.

Gangtackle11
October 13th, 2019, 08:40 AM
You guys are solidly top 10 and probably top 5 by end of the year. QB gets the ball out too quick to be challenged by very many teams left on the schedule.

We shall see. Week off, Stony Brook, & @UNH will be telling. xpeacex

Dukie95
October 13th, 2019, 11:40 AM
I thought Delaware had moved on from Kehoe. Were their other options injured?

caribbeanhen
October 13th, 2019, 12:41 PM
I thought Delaware had moved on from Kehoe. Were their other options injured?

Yes, Henderson took a wicked hit to the head and if that was not a concussion Ive never seen one

he might be out next week as well based on how he looked coming off field

but that was not the reason for the bad loss

whoanellie
October 13th, 2019, 01:01 PM
I hope Henderson recovers quickly, It was wicked and looked worse when his helmet flew off while rolling out left on a keeper. The officials had to call something as the rules are different. I do not think it was malicious but it after review I agree with the call. and expulsion. Turnovers or lack of them are so pivotal We made them vs UNH and did not yesterday and Delaware did. What a league We play in major tests every Saturday.
Yes, Henderson took a wicked hit to the head and if that was not a concussion Ive never seen one

he might be out next week as well based on how he looked coming off field

but that was not the reason for the bad loss

hoidOfYolen
October 14th, 2019, 09:39 AM
It really feels like Elon lives and dies by its offensive line play. Here's some stats from this year:

L NC A&T 21pts- 0.57ypc, 5 sacks
W The Citadel 35pts - 6ypc, 0 sacks
W Richmond 42pts - 3.7ypc, 0 sacks
L Wake Forest 7pts - 2.7ypc, 2 sacks
L James Madison 10pts - 1.4ypc, 5 sacks
L UNH - 10pts 2.16ypc, 6 sacks
W Delaware 42pts - 4.54ypc, 0 sacks

Elon's offense is dependent on their Offensive Line for so much. When they have a bad game, we can't push the ball down the field. Part of the reason we had no sacks against Delaware was because they were just begging us to throw the bubble screen on every play, and when they tried to adjust for it, we just ran it up the middle and got 5 yards. But on the few plays that we did drop-back pass they were stellar as well. I hope the Line play continues where it left off with Delaware, because when it does, Elon is a scary team.

caribbeanhen
October 14th, 2019, 09:48 AM
It really feels like Elon lives and dies by its offensive line play. Here's some stats from this year:

L NC A&T 21pts- 0.57ypc, 5 sacks
W The Citadel 35pts - 6ypc, 0 sacks
W Richmond 42pts - 3.7ypc, 0 sacks
L Wake Forest 7pts - 2.7ypc, 2 sacks
L James Madison 10pts - 1.4ypc, 5 sacks
L UNH - 10pts 2.16ypc, 6 sacks

Elon's offense is dependent on their Offensive Line for so much. When they have a bad game, we can't push the ball down the field. Part of the reason we had no sacks against Delaware was because they were just begging us to throw the bubble screen on every play, and when they tried to adjust for it, we just ran it up the middle and got 5 yards. But on the few plays that we did drop-back pass they were stellar as well. I hope the Line play continues where it left off with Delaware, because when it does, Elon is a scary team.

Yolen, Delaware has not sacked anyone all year.... I would caution you about getting overly optimistic by anything you saw last Saturday...

HensRock
October 14th, 2019, 09:55 AM

Don't anoint your O-line just yet...
Delaware has ONE (1) sack through 6 games this year. No other team in all of Div I has less than 3 at this point. UD is dead last by a comfortable margin.
On the other side, UD has allowed 21 sacks. Only 4 FCS teams have allowed more sacks per game.

Gangtackle11
October 16th, 2019, 02:52 PM
It’s official. Justin Covington top Nova RB is done for the season with ACL tear suffered at W&M.

Here’s his twitter statement:

https://twitter.com/jcov3_/status/1184497479116640256?s=21

Article:

https://www.vuhoops.com/2019/10/16/20917803/villanova-wildcats-football-justin-covington-announces-torn-acl-injury

hoidOfYolen
October 20th, 2019, 05:35 PM
Who would have thought I would be glad that we (Elon) don't play Villanova and Albany this year...

That being said, the CAA is so tough this year it's ridiculous. Richmond, Albany, Villanova, W&M, URI. All assumed to be in the lower tier, all scary for teams this season.

melloware13
October 20th, 2019, 06:37 PM
Massey Projected CAA Standings, first by win likelihood
1. James Madison (10.66 - 1.34, 7.66 - 0.34 CAA)
2. Villanova (9.79 - 2.21, 5.79 - 2.21 CAA)
3. Albany (6.77 - 5.23, 4.77 - 3.23 CAA)
4. New Hampshire (5.75 - 5.25, 4.75 - 3.25 CAA)
5. Delaware (6.59 - 5.41, 4.59 - 3.41 CAA)
6. Elon (5.45 - 5.55, 4.45 - 3.55 CAA)
7. Stony Brook (6.78 - 5.22, 3.78 - 4.22 CAA)
8. Towson (6.40 - 5.60, 3.40 - 4.60 CAA)
9. Richmond (4.20 - 7.80, 3.20 - 4.80 CAA)
10. Maine (4.33 - 7.67, 2.33 - 5.67 CAA)
11. William & Mary (3.98 - 8.02, 1.98 - 6.02 CAA)
12. Rhode Island (3.27 - 8.73, 1.30 - 6.70 CAA)

By Rounding:
2. Villanova (11-1, 7-1 CAA)
T3. Delaware (7-5, 5-3 CAA)
T3. Elon (6-5, 5-3 CAA)
T3. New Hampshire (6-5, 5-3 CAA)
6. Stony Brook (7-5, 4-4 CAA) [Favored v TOW + ALB]
7. Albany (6-6, 4-4 CAA) [Won v TOW]
8. Towson (7-5, 4-4 CAA)
9. Richmond (4-8, 3-5 CAA)
10. Maine (4-8, 2-6 CAA)
11. William & Mary (3-9, 1-7 CAA)
12. Rhode Island (2-10, 0-8 CAA)

Derby City Duke
October 20th, 2019, 07:21 PM
It’s official. Justin Covington top Nova RB is done for the season with ACL tear suffered at W&M.

Here’s his twitter statement:

https://twitter.com/jcov3_/status/1184497479116640256?s=21

Article:

https://www.vuhoops.com/2019/10/16/20917803/villanova-wildcats-football-justin-covington-announces-torn-acl-injury

Sucks to hear that. Hope he heals up completely w/o complications.

Hanca
October 21st, 2019, 10:05 AM
Do not foresee another win for Richmond. Huesman and staff are clueless. No running game and OC 's play calling is baffling. Special teams still bad and db's struggle

reeder
October 23rd, 2019, 03:16 PM
Can UNH and / or Elon make the playoffs with 7 wins? They each play an 11 game schedule this year.

UNH has Villanova and JMU back to back - if they lose those two games but beat Albany and Maine to finish the year, will that 7-4 record be enough for the playoffs?

Elon has Rhode Island, William and Mary, Maine and Towson left. They’ll be favorites in 3 of the 4 games. If they run the table, will that 7-4 record make it?

My thought is that UNH won’t get in at 7-4 unless one of the wins is JMU. I also think Elon will have a tough time getting in - they do have the win over Delaware so if Delaware ends the year ranked, that would help.

Also, any thoughts on why they’re only playing 11 games?

MR. CHICKEN
October 23rd, 2019, 03:32 PM
[QUOTE=reeder;2817418]Can UNH and / or Elon make the playoffs with 7 wins? They each play an 11 game schedule this year.

UNH has Villanova and JMU back to back - if they lose those two games but beat Albany and Maine to finish the year, will that 7-4 record be enough for the playoffs?

Elon has Rhode Island, William and Mary, Maine and Towson left. They’ll be favorites in 3 of the 4 games. If they run the table, will that 7-4 record make it?

My thought is that UNH won’t get in at 7-4 unless one of the wins is JMU. I also think Elon will have a tough time getting in - they do have the win over Delaware so if Delaware ends the year ranked, that would help.

Also, any thoughts on why they’re only playing 11 games?

.........NEW HAMPSHIRE IS ALREADY 4-3.......IN YER SCENARIO......DEY'D BE 6-5......SO NO PLAYOFFS..........ELON....@ 7-4......MAYBE/COOD.....DEPENDS........BRAWK!

Gangtackle11
October 24th, 2019, 10:15 AM
CAA Weekly Notes

https://s3.amazonaws.com/sidearm.sites/caasports.com/documents/2019/10/23/CAAFB_Notes_Week_9.pdf

Gangtackle11
October 31st, 2019, 02:32 PM
CAA Week 10 Notes:

https://s3.amazonaws.com/villanova.com/documents/2019/10/31/Week10.pdf

RootinFerDukes
November 3rd, 2019, 06:30 PM
Stop 2 on the JMU Revenge Tour next week. Too bad Colgate has derailed off their tracks themselves.

KPSUL, how is the UNH offense and Brosmer this season?

Mattymc727
November 4th, 2019, 06:50 AM
Stop 2 on the JMU Revenge Tour next week. Too bad Colgate has derailed off their tracks themselves.

Brosmer is a true freshman, and he shows it at times. We feel he has the potential to be special, but he isn't quite a big threat just yet. The playbook is pretty tame and simple, due to his "freshness". Up until Nova, the offense struggled against almost everyone. However, they had their best output this weekend, particularly the second half. The offensive line has improved each week, and so has the running game. The UNH offense is sub par, and nowhere near what it was in the heyday. Improvement every week is all we can ask for at the moment (and limit turnovers).

If JMU is as good as advertised, nothing to worry about for the Dukes. The UNH defense is pretty good this year, but not enough to get over the hump in Harrisonburg.

Good news is this a very young UNH offense, so look for it to be a threat in 2020 and beyond!

Gangtackle11
November 4th, 2019, 08:21 AM
Brosmer is a true freshman, and he shows it at times. We feel he has the potential to be special, but he isn't quite a big threat just yet. The playbook is pretty tame and simple, due to his "freshness". Up until Nova, the offense struggled against almost everyone. However, they had their best output this weekend, particularly the second half. The offensive line has improved each week, and so has the running game. The UNH offense is sub par, and nowhere near what it was in the heyday. Improvement every week is all we can ask for at the moment (and limit turnovers).

If JMU is as good as advertised, nothing to worry about for the Dukes. The UNH defense is pretty good this year, but not enough to get over the hump in Harrisonburg.

Good news is this a very young UNH offense, so look for it to be a threat in 2020 and beyond!

Kid had a nice game vs. Nova. It’s amazing that Nova choose this game to not run multiple blitz packages at the young QB. They choose to sit back & let him pick them apart until UNH got the lead. They went to the ground & pound to seal the deal. Nova is a hot mess right now. xpeacex

MacThor
November 4th, 2019, 08:57 AM
Do not foresee another win for Richmond. Huesman and staff are clueless. No running game and OC 's play calling is baffling. Special teams still bad and db's struggle
Hmm.

Gangtackle11
November 13th, 2019, 01:58 PM
2 Villanova players take CAA Weekly Awards:

https://youtu.be/yC3fXpiDTiU

Gangtackle11
November 14th, 2019, 09:52 AM
Weekly Notes:

https://s3.amazonaws.com/sidearm.sites/caasports.com/documents/2019/11/13/CAAFB_Notes_Week_12.pdf

KPSUL
November 14th, 2019, 05:42 PM

Sorry to take so long to respond, I've been on the couch curled up in a fetal position since Saturday night. Offense? mediocre at best. Defense? Excellent until visiting the "burg". I was very disappointed in the "Nooche". Zero turnovers? I expected more help in getting a 4th CAA team in the playoffs this year.

RootinFerDukes
November 15th, 2019, 12:31 PM
Sorry to take so long to respond, I've been on the couch curled up in a fetal position since Saturday night. Offense? mediocre at best. Defense? Excellent until visiting the "burg". I was very disappointed in the "Nooche". Zero turnovers? I expected more help in getting a 4th CAA team in the playoffs this year.

Wow. A CAA Offensive Player of the Week performance isn't enough to convince you? Nothing will.

I said in the off season you'd get to know Percy Agyei-Obese. I wasn't wrong.

RootinFerDukes
November 15th, 2019, 12:32 PM
Spatters! Where are you at?! You could hear a pin drop this week.

Gangtackle11
November 15th, 2019, 04:02 PM
Spatters! Where are you at?! You could hear a pin drop this week.

Here u go:

https://youtu.be/jwsbRQ2ujGA

ncspiderfan
November 15th, 2019, 04:56 PM
Here u go:

https://youtu.be/jwsbRQ2ujGA
We were trying to keep all the secrets quite, but you found us out.

Nice win by your guys last week by the way. I admit to being shocked when our offense got shut down half way through the 3rd quarter, though is was going to be a shootout until then.
GL this week, a win should put you guys in would guess.

caribbeanhen
November 15th, 2019, 06:27 PM
the much anticipated Sharks vs Jets urban gang up game has started, looks like Long Island has been sipping some Iced Teas

Gangtackle11
November 15th, 2019, 06:34 PM
the much anticipated Sharks vs Jets urban gang up game has started, looks like Long Island has been sipping some Iced Teas

You get them next season. xpeacex

MR. CHICKEN
November 15th, 2019, 06:36 PM
14-0.....NO SHAME ON MAIN LINE........xsmhx....AWK!

caribbeanhen
November 15th, 2019, 06:36 PM
You get them next season. xpeacex

We need that win

MR. CHICKEN
November 15th, 2019, 06:43 PM
....WHAA PLAY BIZONSSSS....WHEN LAND SHARKS...GIVIN' DUBBYA'S AWAY............AWK!

MR. CHICKEN
November 15th, 2019, 06:45 PM
21-0

caribbeanhen
November 15th, 2019, 06:46 PM
....WHAA PLAY BIZONSSSS....WHEN LAND SHARKS...GIVIN' DUBBYA'S AWAY............AWK!

The Tiberones need a bigger boat....

MR. CHICKEN
November 15th, 2019, 06:58 PM
21-7....C'MON 'NOVA........AH WENT WHIFF 'CAT'S.......IN GOHENS SPREAD POOL....AWK!

Gangtackle11
November 15th, 2019, 07:32 PM
28-7 half.

Nova like a cat playing with a mouse. Batting them around before they eventually put it out of its misery.

Is what it is. xpeacex

Gangtackle11
November 16th, 2019, 06:29 AM
35-7 final. Await the dirty filthy birds to end the regular season. xpeacex

MR. CHICKEN
November 16th, 2019, 06:39 AM
.......? IS.......WILL YOUSE....TAKE YER FOOT OFFAH DUH GAS.........AFTERAH HALF........DAT WAS KIND DOUGH......KEEPS DUH SPECIES...FROM EXTINCTION................AWK!

ps..............BET YA'S MISSED DUH FG....ON PURPOSE....:D.....BRAWK!

Gangtackle11
November 16th, 2019, 09:50 AM
.......? IS.......WILL YOUSE....TAKE YER FOOT OFFAH DUH GAS.........AFTERAH HALF........DAT WAS KIND DOUGH......KEEPS DUH SPECIES...FROM EXTINCTION................AWK!

ps..............BET YA'S MISSED DUH FG....ON PURPOSE....:D.....BRAWK!

I find myself rooting for Albany & dare I say Delaware today. xpeacex

Gangtackle11
November 16th, 2019, 03:13 PM
I find myself rooting for Albany & dare I say Delaware today. xpeacex

Thank you! xpeacex

RootinFerDukes
November 17th, 2019, 01:06 PM
The little brother football program becomes the big brother. I'm anxious to see what dig UR fans will try to develop next as they continue to lose their edge.

Maybe the fact that our campus was built around an interstate is all they have to work with?

Dukie95
November 18th, 2019, 08:50 AM
I wonder if a 7-0 team has ever faced an 0-7 team before in the CAA.

melloware13
November 18th, 2019, 12:52 PM
I wonder if a 7-0 team has ever faced an 0-7 team before in the CAA.
Since the switch from A10 to CAA, no. The teams to enter the last week 7-0 were:
2008 James Madison (beat 1-6 Towson)
2013 Maine (lost to 5-2 New Hampshire)
2014 New Hampshire (beat 4-3 Maine)
2016 James Madison (beat 1-6 Elon)
2017 James Madison (beat 6-1 Elon)

jmufan999
November 18th, 2019, 02:06 PM
Since the switch from A10 to CAA, no. The teams to enter the last week 7-0 were:
2008 James Madison (beat 1-6 Towson)
2013 Maine (lost to 5-2 New Hampshire)
2014 New Hampshire (beat 4-3 Maine)
2016 James Madison (beat 1-6 Elon)
2017 James Madison (beat 6-1 Elon)

ugh, i just spent 5 minutes working on answering/researching thisxpeacex

Gangtackle11
November 19th, 2019, 07:24 PM
Rooting for Stony Brook (they owe us a solid), UNH, our Nova boys south at Elon (Coach Trisch/Crocker/Lucas), & Nova for the 8th straight game. xpeacex

Gangtackle11
November 22nd, 2019, 07:23 PM
2019 CAA FOOTBALL PREDICTED ORDER OF FINISH
(Selected by a vote of Head Coaches and Media Relations Directors)

James Madison (20 first-place votes) 238
Towson (3 first-place votes) 217
Maine (1 first-place vote) 201
Elon 164
Delaware 162
Stony Brook 151
New Hampshire 109
Rhode Island 104
Villanova 84
Richmond 62
William & Mary 58
UAlbany 34

cx500d
November 25th, 2019, 08:13 PM
I see Maine’s QB is too big for his britches and is transferring; hope he doesn’t crash and burn like his old running back

caribbeanhen
November 25th, 2019, 08:19 PM
I see Maine’s QB is too big for his britches and is transferring; hope he doesn’t crash and burn like his old running back

Fagano or Ferguson?

cx500d
November 25th, 2019, 08:33 PM
Fagano or Ferguson?
Ferguson

CenMEBlackBearFan
November 26th, 2019, 07:40 AM
Here is the yahoo sports article. Can see why Fergie transferred as he goes out a season ending injury and his replacement, Fagnano a true freshman comes in and takes the team to a 4-2 record and has real good numbers as well. The college transfer portal certainly helps in this area especially for senior grad transfers. Is it limited to senior grad transfers or can any year player transfer via the transfor portal?

https://t.co/5RlwYLZksL?amp=1

Gangtackle11
November 26th, 2019, 09:10 AM
Here is the yahoo sports article. Can see why Fergie transferred as he goes out a season ending injury and his replacement, Fagnano a true freshman comes in and takes the team to a 4-2 record and has real good numbers as well. The college transfer portal certainly helps in this area especially for senior grad transfers. Is it limited to senior grad transfers or can any year player transfer via the transfor portal?

https://t.co/5RlwYLZksL?amp=1

Any year

Anthony215
November 26th, 2019, 09:25 AM

Followed this young man in HS and then at Maine, he's a team guy first with a great skill set. I can see him transferring to a G5 institution and battling for a starting position in spring ball, maybe UCONN takes a flier on him since they'll be independent and their offense was garbage this year but has improved slightly. Hell even Rutgers could take a flier on him seeing as though he has college experience under his belt and can't be worse than what they've thrown on the field this current season.

yorkcountyUNHfan
November 26th, 2019, 11:23 AM
2019 CAA FOOTBALL PREDICTED ORDER OF FINISH
(Selected by a vote of Head Coaches and Media Relations Directors)

James Madison (20 first-place votes) 238
Towson (3 first-place votes) 217
Maine (1 first-place vote) 201
Elon 164
Delaware 162
Stony Brook 151
New Hampshire 109
Rhode Island 104
Villanova 84
Richmond 62
William & Mary 58
UAlbany 34

1) JMU 8-0
2) Albany 6-2 (+10)
3) Nova 5-3 (+6)
4) UNH 5-3 (+3)
5) Towson 4-4 (-3)
6) Maine 4-4 (-3)
7) Elon 4-4 (-3)
8) Richmond 4-4
9) Delaware 3-5 (-4)
10) W&M 3-5 (+1)
11) Stony Brook 2-6 (-5)
12) URI 0-8 (-2)

Nice season for Albany

Gangtackle11
November 26th, 2019, 12:01 PM
1) JMU 8-0
2) Albany 6-2 (+10)
3) Nova 5-3 (+6)
4) UNH 5-3 (+3)
5) Towson 4-4 (-3)
6) Maine 4-4 (-3)
7) Elon 4-4 (-3)
8) Richmond 4-4
9) Delaware 3-5 (-4)
10) W&M 3-5 (+1)
11) Stony Brook 2-6 (-5)
12) URI 0-8 (-2)

Nice season for Albany

Apology accepted MR.CHICKEN. xpeacex

CenMEBlackBearFan
November 26th, 2019, 12:21 PM
Followed this young man in HS and then at Maine, he's a team guy first with a great skill set. I can see him transferring to a G5 institution and battling for a starting position in spring ball, maybe UCONN takes a flier on him since they'll be independent and their offense was garbage this year but has improved slightly. Hell even Rutgers could take a flier on him seeing as though he has college experience under his belt and can't be worse than what they've thrown on the field this current season.

Cannot say anything bad about Fergie, it was all team, class act and a good leader. He had a bad game or two, Towson and Nova but never got down on himself or the team. But an injury allowed a true freshman Fagnano to step in and play far better than any freshman QB Maine has had, so with this situation and the ability to transfer as a grad senior and not sit out a year why not. Wish him nothing but the best and if he goes to UConn even better as long as we beat the Huskies on 10/10 of next yearxnodx

maine612
November 26th, 2019, 12:38 PM
I agree. Ferguson represented Maine well and I wish him nothing but the best for him. Also looking forward to watching Fagnano and our returning players battle next year.