PDA

View Full Version : Game Thread - SDSU at Minnesota - the other Minneapolis Week 1 2019 FCS game

bonarae
August 21st, 2019, 09:10 AM
The first Minneapolis-based FCS game I am referring to for Week 1 2019 is of course, Butler vs. NDSU. Time to open a thread for the possible "Best FCS Scalp of Week 1 2019" game, to be played two days earlier than NDSU-Butler.

The Jacks return supporting casts but must replace key members on both O and D. The Goofies are trying to prove themselves ... but ATM, the Jacks are quite of a favorite.

Is a scalp possible for the Jacks? Or will the Goofies have the Jacks' number again? xconfusedx

IBleedYellow
August 21st, 2019, 09:15 AM
Thumper is on a PODCAST:

https://anchor.fm/jackrabbit-illstrtd/episodes/This-is-going-to-be-on-the-internet--Schedule-breakdown--rankings--and-predictions-e51pe7

POD Knows
August 21st, 2019, 09:25 AM
Thumper is on a PODCAST:

https://anchor.fm/jackrabbit-illstrtd/episodes/This-is-going-to-be-on-the-internet--Schedule-breakdown--rankings--and-predictions-e51pe7He has a face for PODCASTING. Also, I don't speak Sconie so is there a translator available??

clenz
August 21st, 2019, 09:39 AM
He has a face for PODCASTING. Also, I don't speak Sconie so is there a translator available??
No...no one here is from Wisconsin or has a long family history in Wisconsin....

Definitely not me. Don't look into that.

Thumper 76
August 21st, 2019, 10:04 AM
He has a face for PODCASTING. Also, I don't speak Sconie so is there a translator available??

If you would like to learn I recommend Charlie Berens videos. Get you immersed in some culture xcoffeex

Also, I resemble that comment sir.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thumper 76
August 21st, 2019, 10:07 AM
Thumper is on a PODCAST:

https://anchor.fm/jackrabbit-illstrtd/episodes/This-is-going-to-be-on-the-internet--Schedule-breakdown--rankings--and-predictions-e51pe7

Yeah it’s myself and Cappin. We’ll hit the goofer game next week, along with some FCS/FBS matchups and upcoming Valley matchups. Also there’s another episode from Jackrabbit Illustrated that drops the day before ours does. Both are under the umbrella title of the Splitting Hares podcast. For anyone interested in another source of FCS entertainment.

https://twitter.com/jackillustrated/status/1164173877444038658?s=21

Matt and Kyle go over the offense position by position and give some thoughts on how Eck is going to call games. They’ll be the in depth Jacks portion of the podcasts.

POD Knows
August 21st, 2019, 10:38 AM
If you would like to learn I recommend Charlie Berens videos. Get you immersed in some culture xcoffeex

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkCripes yea, I have to go to northern Sconie in a couple weeks, need to brush up on my lingo.

Laker
August 21st, 2019, 11:13 AM
Thumper, I made it through the whole thing. Good job.

TheKingpin28
August 21st, 2019, 11:35 AM
I'm tempted to go to the game cause jo matter who loses, I'll be happy.

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

Thumper 76
August 21st, 2019, 12:20 PM
Cripes yea, I have to go to northern Sconie in a couple weeks, need to brush up on my lingo.
Oh jeeze Louise you better. And for cripes sakes get some old fashioned’s into ya.

Thumper, I made it through the whole thing. Good job.

Hey thanks! Glad it’s not intolerable :D

SUPharmacist
August 21st, 2019, 12:30 PM

Agreed, although if I had to pick I am more for SDSU football misery than Minnesota misery. I work with plenty of U of MN grads, and frankly none of them give a **** about the football team.

Also, nice job thumper and cappin. Appreciate the hard work.

Laker
August 21st, 2019, 12:47 PM

$10 tickets tomorrow- but call or get online early. I know a number of people who are planning on buying them.

https://outlook.live.com/mail/inbox/id/AQMkADAwATY0MDABLThiOTItZTQ1YS0wMAItMDAKAEYAAAPLxB k3Xu%2FcR7ehvg15ltwwBwAixZEoo60UTpQgrkGEMCXAAAACAQ wAAAAixZEoo60UTpQgrkGEMCXAAAN%2BoM5bAAAA

TheKingpin28
August 21st, 2019, 01:21 PM
$10 tickets tomorrow- but call or get online early. I know a number of people who are planning on buying them.

https://outlook.live.com/mail/inbox/id/AQMkADAwATY0MDABLThiOTItZTQ1YS0wMAItMDAKAEYAAAPLxB k3Xu%2FcR7ehvg15ltwwBwAixZEoo60UTpQgrkGEMCXAAAACAQ wAAAAixZEoo60UTpQgrkGEMCXAAAN%2BoM5bAAAAI've got a neighbor who is going so I'll see if he wants another person, otherwise I'll have to find someone who wants to sit in misery (due to it being the bunnies vs the goofers) with me while staring at these hideous colors.

IBleedYellow
August 21st, 2019, 01:34 PM
I was trying to get Thumper to go with me, because like everyone else was saying: It's a WIN WIN situation for me.

SDSU loses and I can talk **** to Gopher fans even more. SDSU loses and I can give him **** the entire drive home.

Until I get swung at, that is.

SUPharmacist
August 21st, 2019, 01:56 PM

Wouldn't it be worth it though?

IBleedYellow
August 21st, 2019, 02:33 PM
Wouldn't it be worth it though?

Have you met him? and me?

I might die after one punch from him xlolx

Thumper 76
August 21st, 2019, 02:43 PM
Have you met him? and me?

I might die after one punch from him xlolx

Meh, I don’t hit people often.

IBleedYellow
August 21st, 2019, 02:45 PM
Meh, I don’t hit people often.

and Sharks don't want to eat people, either. They just use their jaws to test things via biting. It's not their fault that human bodies don't do well when bitten.

Thumper 76
August 21st, 2019, 02:50 PM
and Sharks don't want to eat people, either. They just use their jaws to test things via biting. It's not their fault that human bodies don't do well when bitten.

I should add I’ve never hit a friend either.

Thumper 76
August 21st, 2019, 02:53 PM
Agreed, although if I had to pick I am more for SDSU football misery than Minnesota misery. I work with plenty of U of MN grads, and frankly none of them give a **** about the football team.

Also, nice job thumper and cappin. Appreciate the hard work.

Thanks! I figure the more options out there for FCS coverage the more people can get into it!

Thumper 76
August 21st, 2019, 02:54 PM
I've got a neighbor who is going so I'll see if he wants another person, otherwise I'll have to find someone who wants to sit in misery (due to it being the bunnies vs the goofers) with me while staring at these hideous colors.

I was trying to get Thumper to go with me, because like everyone else was saying: It's a WIN WIN situation for me.

SDSU loses and I can talk **** to Gopher fans even more. SDSU loses and I can give him **** the entire drive home.

I was real close to going but won’t be able to swing it with work. Wish it was a Saturday game, I’d be there for sure.

TheKingpin28
August 21st, 2019, 03:46 PM
I was real close to going but won’t be able to swing it with work. Wish it was a Saturday game, I’d be there for sure.

You're sick that day, time to get down here for it.

IBleedYellow
August 21st, 2019, 04:15 PM

I'm sorry, I do believe I'm slightly too busy on Saturday to go to a Gopher vs Jackrabbits game.

Laker
August 21st, 2019, 04:18 PM
I'm sorry, I do believe I'm slightly too busy on Saturday to go to a Gopher vs Jackrabbits game.

That shouldn't pose a problem- the Jacks game is on Thursday night.

Bison Fan in NW MN
August 21st, 2019, 04:50 PM
I'm tired of listening to row the boat head cheerleader. Just for that, SDSU is going to win.

bonarae
August 26th, 2019, 11:39 PM
Bumping this up. Betting sites still give a chance that the Goofies will win. That said, SDSU may have a chance but the many question marks may be too much for the scalp to happen.

Schism55
August 26th, 2019, 11:49 PM
Goofers are a 13 point favorite. Cmon Jacks!

TheKingpin28
August 27th, 2019, 05:43 AM
Goofers are a 13 point favorite. Cmon Jacks!That's a tempting bet.

Bison56
August 27th, 2019, 06:29 AM
I'm tired of listening to row the boat head cheerleader. Just for that, SDSU is going to win.

Understatement

Bisonator
August 27th, 2019, 06:39 AM
Don't see the jacks winning, they will fall to the boat rowers again and we'll here how good the goofs are until they play B1G teams and poop themselves as usual. Skiumah, rowtheboat, sellsomecars, blah, blah, blah

dewey
August 27th, 2019, 07:18 AM
Don't see the jacks winning, they will fall to the boat rowers again and we'll here how good the goofs are until they play B1G teams and poop themselves as usual. Skiumah, rowtheboat, sellsomecars, blah, blah, blah

Tim Brewster was the ultimate used car salesman. He was awful to listen to. PJ Fleck has at least won some games as a coach before U of MN.

Here is an interesting article about who has the higher attendance the U of MN vs SDSU or NDSU vs Butler.

https://www.inforum.com/sports/football/4630649-Shama-Gophers-Bison-in-box-office-matchup-in-Minneapolis

Dewey

Laker
August 27th, 2019, 10:05 AM
Nice piece on Stiggy by Pat Reusse.

http://www.startribune.com/coach-stig-first-survived-now-has-succeeded-in-fcs-with-jackrabbits/558438052/

CappinHard
August 27th, 2019, 10:09 AM
That's a tempting bet.

Which way? It's up to 13.5 and I'm hoping it creeps up above 14 so I can feel better about putting money on a Jacks cover (So if you plan on betting on the Jacks and you use 5dimes... wait). I'll of course sprinkle the ML at around +375, because it would make winning just that much sweeter.

Schism55
August 27th, 2019, 10:24 AM
That's a tempting bet.

Absolutely, even more so with Gophs QB out. Would be awesome if this moved to 14.5 xthumbsupx

TheKingpin28
August 27th, 2019, 02:49 PM
Which way? It's up to 13.5 and I'm hoping it creeps up above 14 so I can feel better about putting money on a Jacks cover (So if you plan on betting on the Jacks and you use 5dimes... wait). I'll of course sprinkle the ML at around +375, because it would make winning just that much sweeter.

Towards the bunnies.

Absolutely, even more so with Gophs QB out. Would be awesome if this moved to 14.5 xthumbsupx

My thoughts exactly. 14.5 and I'd put a 20 down to have sdsu cover the spread.

bonarae
August 28th, 2019, 04:26 AM
FYI - this game will be on FS1 nationally 9 PM EDT tomorrow.

Redbird 4th & short
August 28th, 2019, 10:25 AM
Tough game to predict a win for SDSU .. I can see them upsetting Minnesota, because they had a roller coaster season last year ... some impressive games and some bad games a yar ago. But they played much better at home than on road and have a fair amount returning according to their media guide. The QB returning was statistically the better of the 2 they played last year, plus their top 2 receivers .. only have to replace 2 OL on offense. Defensively, they have to replace a couple LBers, but otherwise they return fair amount.

STARTERS RETURNING (18)

Offense (9)Chris Autman-Bell WRRashod Bateman WRTyler Johnson WRJake Paulson TEDaniel Faalele OLConner Olson OLBlaise Andries OLTanner Morgan QBMohamed Ibrahim RB

Defense (7)Carter Coughlin DLBoye Mafe DLWinston DeLattiboudere DLThomas Barber LBChris Williamson DBConey Durr DBKiondre Thomas DB

I like SDSU because they return a lot and reload better than most programs ... but starting over at QB is big question. They appear to be well stocked everywhere else. I can see them hanging around until Q3, but thinking the Gophers pull away some 2nd half.

Fleck lays it on thick, but he will have his team ready for home opener ... closer at half, but Gophers by 2 TDs.

Redbird 4th & short
August 28th, 2019, 10:28 AM
Tough game to predict a win for SDSU .. I can see them upsetting Minnesota, because they had a roller coaster season last year ... some impressive games and some bad games a yar ago. But they played much better at home than on road and have a fair amount returning according to their media guide. The QB returning was statistically the better of the 2 they played last year, plus their top 2 receivers .. only have to replace 2 OL on offense. Defensively, they have to replace a couple LBers, but otherwise they return fair amount.

STARTERS RETURNING (18)

Offense (9)Chris Autman-Bell WRRashod Bateman WRTyler Johnson WRJake Paulson TEDaniel Faalele OLConner Olson OLBlaise Andries OLTanner Morgan QBMohamed Ibrahim RB

Defense (7)Carter Coughlin DLBoye Mafe DLWinston DeLattiboudere DLThomas Barber LBChris Williamson DBConey Durr DBKiondre Thomas DB

I like SDSU because they return a lot and reload better than most programs ... but starting over at QB is big question. They appear to be well stocked everywhere else. I can see them hanging around until Q3, but thinking the Gophers pull away some 2nd half.

Fleck lays it on thick, but he will have his team ready for home opener ... closer at half, but Gophers by 2 TDs.
just saw post above .... Gopher QB is out ... hmmm ... might be closer, but still picking Minnesota.

POD Knows
August 28th, 2019, 06:18 PM

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkNeed to incorporate more ope into my lingo.

https://www.facebook.com/ohhyoubetcha/videos/1164929480375356/

TheKingpin28
August 28th, 2019, 06:58 PM
Need to incorporate more ope into my lingo.

Only if you drink a Busch Latte.

Bison Fan in NW MN
August 28th, 2019, 08:36 PM
Jacks: Load the box and make the young QB beat you thru the air.

Pierre Strong - I bet the Gophs underestimate this kid and he explodes on them.

No_Skill
August 28th, 2019, 08:52 PM

Oooo...that's cold.

Thumper 76
August 28th, 2019, 09:07 PM

Very odd way to spell Miller.

CappinHard
August 28th, 2019, 09:30 PM
Very odd way to spell Miller.

We can't be friends anymore.

Thumper 76
August 28th, 2019, 10:33 PM
We can't be friends anymore.

It’s better than Busch. Actually in that class of beers is goes:

1)Old Milwaukee
2) Miller High Life

And that’s it. That’s the list.

Thumper 76
August 28th, 2019, 10:38 PM
Some thoughts from Jackrabbit Illustrated. https://twitter.com/jackillustrated/status/1166145613848858624?s=21

TheKingpin28
August 29th, 2019, 05:36 AM
Very odd way to spell Miller.Your choice in beer is about as strong as your choice in your college football team.

CappinHard
August 29th, 2019, 08:11 AM
Gameday. Let's. Go.

WeAreThePride
August 29th, 2019, 08:56 AM
GameDay, boys. First and last time I will pull for the bunnies.

ming01
August 29th, 2019, 09:09 AM
Gophers have a shot at winning the West. Very manageable schedule compared to the other teams.

POD Knows
August 29th, 2019, 09:26 AM
Gameday. Let's. Go.Don't embarrass the conference, sorry, that is the best I can do.:D

JacksFan40
August 29th, 2019, 01:41 PM
Been looking around the Minnesota fan forums and happy to see none of them are taking SDSU seriously, they seem far more concerned with getting to Big 10 conference play. I'm not saying I'm 100% sure we'll win but I like our odds.

X-Factor
August 29th, 2019, 01:51 PM
Been looking around the Minnesota fan forums and happy to see none of them are taking SDSU seriously, they seem far more concerned with getting to Big 10 conference play. I'm not saying I'm 100% sure we'll win but I like our odds.

I don’t like your odds at all, but against the spread that’s a different story.

Should be a good game and I hope to find a channel to watch it on tonight. No better way to kick off football season than a good FCS vs B10 cellar matchup

Schism55
August 29th, 2019, 02:45 PM
I don’t like your odds at all, but against the spread that’s a different story.

Should be a good game and I hope to find a channel to watch it on tonight. No better way to kick off football season than a good FCS vs B10 cellar matchup
It's on FS1 nationally xthumbsupx

Thumper 76
August 29th, 2019, 03:41 PM

My favorite one I’ve seen over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again is “our line is huge so we’re gunna kill them”. Um, that’s.....not accurate. It could be, but Big does not automatically equate into good or great. In fact, when you have a guy who is 400 lbs (not a typo) I seriously question his foot speed and ability to move well enough for anything other than straight ahead run blocking.

dewey
August 29th, 2019, 03:46 PM
My favorite one I’ve seen over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again is “our line is huge so we’re gunna kill them”. Um, that’s.....not accurate. It could be, but Big does not automatically equate into good or great. In fact, when you have a guy who is 400 lbs (not a typo) I seriously question his foot speed and ability to move well enough for anything other than straight ahead run blocking.

It is not like the Jackrabbits ever play a team (or teams) that have big physical offensive lines. but...errrr....drrrrr....FBS is so much better than FCS.....errrrr.....row......duh.....boat....

I will be cheering for SDSU to win tonight.

Dewey

NEBison
August 29th, 2019, 03:54 PM

100% agree with your point but I thought that dude would look a lot fatter than he does. 400 lbs is a lot to get moving regardless of the shape you're in obviously. I am also a Jacks fan tonight. I'm sure that means a lot to you guys

Bison56
August 29th, 2019, 03:59 PM
Never met a goofer fan I liked, go bunnies!

JSUSoutherner
August 29th, 2019, 04:24 PM
Minnesota is an embarrassment to the B1G.

Keep the tradition alive.

TheKingpin28
August 29th, 2019, 04:32 PM
Let the Joose flow and the bunnies roll.

*caveat (I am only saying this due to mutual detestment of a common foe.)

POD Knows
August 29th, 2019, 04:37 PM
Never met a goofer fan I liked, go bunnies!I know, every time I see one with that stupid M on their $5 bargain table shirt, I want to beat the **** out of them. My youngest kid played youth hockey for Moorhead and they had that same M on their jerseys (different color but you get the drift) and I wanted to burn that jersey every time I saw it.

In any event, hate the Bunnies too, they can blow me, I don't care who wins. xlolx

mmiller_34
August 29th, 2019, 07:04 PM
Just hope we can keep it within 40 today. #BookIt

WeAreThePride
August 29th, 2019, 07:06 PM
Just hope we can keep it within 40 today. #BookIt
I would bet my farm the Jacks keep it within 40.

TheKingpin28
August 29th, 2019, 07:09 PM
I would bet my farm the Jacks keep it within 40.

https://i.imgur.com/qGhiEIe.gif

WeAreThePride
August 29th, 2019, 07:14 PM
Need to incorporate more ope into my lingo.

Ope, sowrry there, didn't see ya.

Bison Fan in NW MN
August 29th, 2019, 08:05 PM
Almost time to go!!

- - - Updated - - -

Looks like a lot of empty seats on FS1

bonarae
August 29th, 2019, 08:05 PM
Game is about to kick off...

Bisonator
August 29th, 2019, 08:08 PM
How do you line up offsides with the ball on the 25? xlolx

JSUSoutherner
August 29th, 2019, 08:10 PM
How do you line up offsides with the ball on the 25? xlolx

JSU could probably do it.

Bison Fan in NW MN
August 29th, 2019, 08:13 PM
Nice stand for the Jacks.

WeAreThePride
I haven’t seen anyone remark at how big 2 guys are since last night’s porn session.

Bison Fan in NW MN
Man, nice run by Johnson!!

Drblankstare
August 29th, 2019, 08:14 PM
Lmao Jacks run a trick reverse for like 30 yards to start off

Bisonator
August 29th, 2019, 08:19 PM
Then they run on 3rd and 7. WTF!

Bison Fan in NW MN
August 29th, 2019, 08:22 PM
Wow....nice INT by the Jacks!!

Thumper 76
August 29th, 2019, 08:23 PM
YEAAAAAHHHH

Drblankstare
I’ve seen a lot of rah rah bs that college coaches spew forth for motivation, but personalized oars has to be the dumbest

Bisonator
Jacks get an int. Goofers suck!

WeAreThePride
August 29th, 2019, 08:25 PM
Buck the Funnies! But Guck the Fophers more.

Bison Fan in NW MN
August 29th, 2019, 08:27 PM
I’ve seen a lot of rah rah bs that college coaches spew forth for motivation, but personalized oars has to be the dumbest

Ya, those oars made me laugh!

SDSU is doing fine so far. RB was wide open in the flat but the run game looks pretty good so far.

344Johnson
August 29th, 2019, 08:27 PM
Bunnies look just fine out there

344Johnson
August 29th, 2019, 08:29 PM
The hate many have for Minnesota is fascinating. I like seeing them do well. Some of the fans are annoying but that's pretty typical of all teams.

Drblankstare
August 29th, 2019, 08:31 PM
The right tackle for Minnesota is just a massive human being. Wow

Bison Fan in NW MN
August 29th, 2019, 08:34 PM
The right tackle for Minnesota is just a massive human being. Wow

Huge but he doesn't move that well.

bonarae
August 29th, 2019, 08:44 PM
Goofies in the RZ.

Laker
August 29th, 2019, 08:46 PM
The hate many have for Minnesota is fascinating. I like seeing them do well. Some of the fans are annoying but that's pretty typical of all teams.

I think the hate comes from hockey. Pride on Ice is really annoying. The rest of the sports are OK.

Go Lehigh TU owl
August 29th, 2019, 08:46 PM
TD Gophers!

Bisonator
August 29th, 2019, 08:48 PM
I don't think the ball crossed the goal line before his knee was down but goofs get the call.

Bison Fan in NW MN
I think the hate comes from hockey. Pride on Ice is really annoying. The rest of the sports are OK.

Football has been bad to mediocre for so long that Gopher fans grasp for any glimmer of hope. Gophs were decent with Ricky Foggy when I was in HS and Mason had some decent teams but overall Gopher football is not relevant.

bonarae
Oh no. My live stats feed isn't updating.

Laker
August 29th, 2019, 08:51 PM
Football has been bad to mediocre for so long that Gopher fans grasp for any glimmer of hope. Gophs were decent with Ricky Foggy when I was in HS and Mason had some decent teams but overall Gopher football is not relevant.

Last BIG title- 1967. I was in 8th grade. Now I'm retired. Still waiting.

Bison Fan in NW MN
August 29th, 2019, 08:55 PM
Last BIG title- 1967. I was in 8th grade. Now I'm retired. Still waiting.

Might be waiting awhile longer for a Big 10 title....:D

POD Knows
August 29th, 2019, 08:56 PM
JFC. That SDSU receiver got mugged on that last 3rd and long.

bonarae
August 29th, 2019, 08:56 PM
Might be waiting awhile longer for a Big 10 title....:D

Minnesota - the Columbia of the B1G? xchinscratchx

Bison Fan in NW MN
August 29th, 2019, 09:04 PM
Minnesota - the Columbia of the B1G? xchinscratchx

xthumbsupx

Nice drive by the Jacks

- - - Updated - - -

TD Jacks!

Drblankstare
August 29th, 2019, 09:05 PM
That was an impressive drive by SDSU. Gibbs looked much more confident

POD Knows
August 29th, 2019, 09:05 PM
Suck it Goofers.

Bisonator
August 29th, 2019, 09:14 PM
What a catch by the goof for a TD!

Bison Fan in NW MN
Great one handed catch by the Gophs WR

gsf23nd
wow....hell of a catch...

Thumper 76
August 29th, 2019, 09:15 PM
Wow. We’re usually the ones doing that type of catch. Hell of a catch. Bound to happen with young cbs.

Bisonator
August 29th, 2019, 09:17 PM
WTF is with the pipe wrench?

Bison Fan in NW MN
August 29th, 2019, 09:17 PM
Wow...no TD on a hold....:(

Bisonator
August 29th, 2019, 09:18 PM
Must be another one of Flecks gimmicks.xconfusedx

Drblankstare
August 29th, 2019, 09:18 PM
Yeah it was probably a hold but Jesus what a kick to the nuts

WeAreThePride
August 29th, 2019, 09:19 PM
Weak ass holding call.

Thumper 76
August 29th, 2019, 09:19 PM
Wow we just got ****ed. Ticky tack AF.

TheKingpin28
August 29th, 2019, 09:21 PM
Homecooking is on full display.

POD Knows
August 29th, 2019, 09:23 PM
Wow we just got ****ed. Ticky tack AF.

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkYep. Weak as ****.

Bisonator
August 29th, 2019, 09:23 PM
Refs gotta help fleck and the goofs out

WeAreThePride
August 29th, 2019, 09:24 PM
I see shades of NDSU Iowa. A few good passes leaves the B1G team ahead. The lowly MVFC team playing better, containing the run. The F’n Bunnies will win.

TheKingpin28
You know it's a bad call when even the halftime show guys are saying it should be 14-13.

Bison56
Terrible call.

Thumper 76
August 29th, 2019, 09:26 PM
Oh well **** happens. You don’t win by complaining about the officials. I love how our d line is playing and Gibbs got into a rhythm at the end of the half.

Kemo
August 29th, 2019, 09:32 PM
Well that holding call sucked, but it reminded me why we continue to put Cade Johnson at kick returner even though he's our start receiver as well.

mvfcfan
August 29th, 2019, 09:33 PM
If you expect Big Ten refs to call a fair game then you will be disappointed. We got screwed at IU in 2012 all game and lost by 7.

bonarae
August 29th, 2019, 09:39 PM
If you expect Big Ten refs to call a fair game then you will be disappointed. We got screwed at IU in 2012 all game and lost by 7.

So who have the more biased officials? FBS or FCS? I think we need to have a separate thread regarding officiating alone.

Bison Fan in NW MN
August 29th, 2019, 09:43 PM
Ouch!

Shouldn't have thrown that one....:(

Schism55
August 29th, 2019, 09:43 PM
Oh no!

Bison56
August 29th, 2019, 09:44 PM
Young QB mistake.

Laker
Ouch!

Shouldn't have thrown that one....:(

What a turnaround. Pick 6 to begin the second half.

Bisonator
Gibbs with a big mistake there.

WeAreThePride
Ouch.

Bison Fan in NW MN
August 29th, 2019, 09:45 PM
Still plenty of time left.

Growing pains but he has the talent.

bonarae
August 29th, 2019, 09:48 PM
Ugh. The MVFC may not have a single scalp to their name this week... this could've been the best chance for a scalp from the MVFC this week.

Thumper 76
August 29th, 2019, 09:48 PM
Young QB mistake.

Ding ding ding. That hurts. Oh well. Good drive and a stop here and we’ll be ok.

Bison Fan in NW MN
August 29th, 2019, 09:53 PM
Holy wheel route from the Bison...

Penalty....:(

- - - Updated - - -

Geez...2nd TD called back....:(

Thumper 76
August 29th, 2019, 09:54 PM
xlolx WOW

gsf23nd
August 29th, 2019, 09:55 PM
Holy wheel route from the Bison...

Penalty....:(

- - - Updated - - -

Geez...2nd TD called back....:(

Looked like some Delta formation as well...

WeAreThePride
Home cooking.

Bisonator
TD Jacks!

Bison Fan in NW MN
August 29th, 2019, 09:56 PM
TD Jacks!!

Nice response to that TD taken away!

POD Knows
August 29th, 2019, 09:57 PM
Nice drive. The SDSU QB can play. At least one MVFC team showed up to play today

Bison56
August 29th, 2019, 09:58 PM
Nice TD after that demoralizing penalty.

Thumper 76
Keep fighting through boys.

WeAreThePride
This game should be 28-20.

Bison Fan in NW MN
August 29th, 2019, 10:01 PM
Nice defense !!

WeAreThePride
August 29th, 2019, 10:03 PM
Great field position. Go get em, boys!

Bison Fan in NW MN
August 29th, 2019, 10:03 PM
Fleck has been pimping his OL. They might be big but they cannot move well.

Jacks smaller DL is quicker and faster. The stunts are eating up the Gopher OL....xsmileyclapx

WeAreThePride
August 29th, 2019, 10:04 PM
Fleck has been pimping his OL. They might be big but they cannot move well.

Jacks smaller DL is quicker and faster. The stunts are eating up the Gopher OL....xsmileyclapx
But muh 400 pound fatass RT.

Thumper 76
August 29th, 2019, 10:04 PM
Where TF did this pass rush come from. My goodness eating a B1G line for lunch.

Thumper 76
August 29th, 2019, 10:06 PM

xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx no ****

Bison Fan in NW MN

Jacks OL is better.....period!

Bisonator
Keep pounding it right at them! Show Fleck what a real FB team looks like hehe

Bison56
August 29th, 2019, 10:08 PM
Someone get Fleck a bucket, the boat is starting to sink.

WeAreThePride
August 29th, 2019, 10:09 PM
Bunny OL is eating a vaunted BIG TEN defensive line for breakfast.

Bison Fan in NW MN
August 29th, 2019, 10:14 PM
What a call!!!!!

Fake run and TE pass!!

NICE!

POD Knows
August 29th, 2019, 10:15 PM
Yea. Suck another dick Goofers.

CenMEBlackBearFan
August 29th, 2019, 10:15 PM
Jacks take the lead 21-20, nice fake by the QB!!!!

POD Knows
August 29th, 2019, 10:16 PM
First Goofer fan surrender cobra sighting.

Schism55
August 29th, 2019, 10:16 PM
Go Jacks... Man the Gophers just cant ever get over the hump

WeAreThePride
August 29th, 2019, 10:17 PM
I love this. I love this so ****ing much.

Bisonator
August 29th, 2019, 10:17 PM
Gibbs appears to have it. Bunny turds looking good.

JacksFan40
August 29th, 2019, 10:18 PM
So far so good. Nice to see that BS holding didn’t demoralize SDSU.

Bison Fan in NW MN
August 29th, 2019, 10:21 PM
xlolx

Fleck feeling the pressure!

SDSU is the better team.

4th down for the Gophs

POD Knows
August 29th, 2019, 10:27 PM
Great play call on 3rd down. Nice

JacksFan40
August 29th, 2019, 10:28 PM
Keep the gas on during the 4th Quarter, Minnesota is falling apart don’t give them any hope.

POD Knows
August 29th, 2019, 10:30 PM
Run the freaking ball

LeeshaJo
August 29th, 2019, 10:32 PM
No moral victories....win the freaking game. Rabbits

Thumper 76
August 29th, 2019, 10:33 PM
Welp. Let’s go D. Wars back and bring the pain.

Bison Fan in NW MN
August 29th, 2019, 10:40 PM
TD drive here would be a killer!!

Gophs OL is overrated.

Jacks look good.

Bison Fan in NW MN
August 29th, 2019, 10:44 PM
Uggh.

Fumble

VandalBasher
August 29th, 2019, 10:45 PM
The Jacks can be proud however this game ends up. The play calling by the SDSU staff has been superb. Their defense, especially their LBs, are stellar.

Bisonator
August 29th, 2019, 10:45 PM
Another mistake by Gibbs. The RFreshman is taking his lumps but he's got a lot of talent.

Thumper 76
August 29th, 2019, 10:46 PM
Well ****

Thumper 76
August 29th, 2019, 10:46 PM
Get after it D

smilo
August 29th, 2019, 10:47 PM
Jackrabbits are clearly the superior team. What a shame that momentum turned so quickly. Time for the offense to shine once more.

WeAreThePride
August 29th, 2019, 10:48 PM
Next time I hear these announcers blather on about the weight of the Goof O Line I’m chucking my TV out the window.

JacksFan40
Typical SDSU choke job. Jesus Christ can we ever win a meaningful game?

Bisonator
Damn goofs retake the lead.

Thumper 76
August 29th, 2019, 10:49 PM
Gibbs came out and shined after his last mistake. Let’s see if he does again.

RowdyRabbit
August 29th, 2019, 10:50 PM
The Jacks can be proud however this game ends up. The play calling by the SDSU staff has been superb. Their defense, especially their LBs, are stellar.

No. The Jacks can be proud if they WIN the game, and win the game only.

RowdyRabbit
August 29th, 2019, 10:52 PM
Typical SDSU choke job. Jesus Christ can we ever win a meaningful game?

If we don't pull this thing off, this game definately gets added to "The List".

Thumper 76
August 29th, 2019, 10:52 PM
No. The Jacks can be proud if they WIN the game, and win the game only.

Yup. And a guarantee the team feels the same way. It ain’t over yet.

ST_Lawson
August 29th, 2019, 10:53 PM
ok Bunnies...time to drive down the field, use up most of the rest of the time, punch it in, then convert the 2 points to win the game

https://i.giphy.com/media/b7f0X8Okk1uyk/giphy.gif

POD Knows
August 29th, 2019, 10:53 PM
Yes. Nice return.

Bison56
August 29th, 2019, 10:54 PM
Nice KR

Laker
August 29th, 2019, 10:58 PM
I didn't like that third down call.

Thumper 76
August 29th, 2019, 11:00 PM
Just....wow. ****

WeAreThePride
August 29th, 2019, 11:01 PM
Playing to lose. **** you, Stig.

Bisonator
August 29th, 2019, 11:01 PM
Welp that should do it. Jacks should have won this game. Gibbs is going to be kicking himself on the ride home.

bonarae
August 29th, 2019, 11:02 PM
Another scalp chance wasted. Waiting on UNC and NAU now... then I'll call it a day for AGS.

POD Knows
August 29th, 2019, 11:04 PM
Nice win Gophers. You useless ****s.

Thumper 76
****ing Gophers don’t deserve this win.

Schism55
Jacks every bit the equal of the Gophs... Jacks gonna do some damage again this season

JacksFan40
August 29th, 2019, 11:10 PM
Another day another classic SDSU choke. How many moral victories will we get before Steig finally accomplishes something in his mediocre career? 23 years and 2 conference titles, real legendary coach.

BigGoosie13
August 29th, 2019, 11:12 PM
****ing Gophers don’t deserve this win.
Two times in a row we gift wrap the ****ing game to the Gophers.

Thumper 76
August 29th, 2019, 11:26 PM
LIU is really ****ed though.......

Bison56
August 30th, 2019, 06:27 AM
"But this was SDSUs super bowl." People that say that should be punched in the mouth, 3 times.

WeAreThePride
August 30th, 2019, 07:21 AM
At least I can go back to hating the Bunnies again.

POD Knows
August 30th, 2019, 07:23 AM
At least I can go back to hating the Bunnies again.I felt dirty cheering for them, I took a 45 minute shower after the game was over, it didn't help.

Bison56
August 30th, 2019, 07:49 AM
I felt dirty cheering for them, I took a 45 minute shower after the game was over, it didn't help.

Try this.
http://www.imustgarden.com/media/catalog/product/r/a/ra1g.jpg

POD Knows
August 30th, 2019, 08:26 AM
Try this.
http://www.imustgarden.com/media/catalog/product/r/a/ra1g.jpgCan I brush my teeth with it because the bad taste in my mouth is almost like what I imagine the next morning would taste like after going down on Hillary Clinton for 3 hours.

Bison56
August 30th, 2019, 08:39 AM
Well i wont be eating today.:pumpuke:

POD Knows
August 30th, 2019, 08:40 AM
Well i wont be eating today.:pumpuke:
Mission Accomplished

Professor
August 30th, 2019, 09:03 AM
Another day another classic SDSU choke. How many moral victories will we get before Steig finally accomplishes something in his mediocre career? 23 years and 2 conference titles, real legendary coach.

7 years straight of playoff appearances. I know plenty of schools that will take that

IBleedYellow
August 30th, 2019, 09:50 AM
Snatched defeat from the jaws of victory.

Classic Stig!

NDB
August 30th, 2019, 10:48 AM
Not that it needs to be said, but SDSU you are the wind beneath our Buffalo Wings.

Just kidding. Way to choke. Again!

Thumper 76
August 30th, 2019, 11:09 AM
One thing needs to be added. FS1 did the best job I’ve ever seen with a FCS game. They didn’t spend the whole game pimping FBS games elsewhere, and their halftime show actually talked about the game at hand and did so afterwards with actual attention paid to the game. Makes me wish like hell they had the playoffs instead of ESPN.

kdinva
August 30th, 2019, 11:17 AM
One thing needs to be added. FS1 did the best job I’ve ever seen with a FCS game. They didn’t spend the whole game pimping FBS games elsewhere, and their halftime show actually talked about the game at hand and did so afterwards with actual attention paid to the game. Makes me wish like hell they had the playoffs instead of ESPN.

I agree here 110%.

SUPharmacist
August 30th, 2019, 11:19 AM

Didnt get a chance to watch the game and dont have FS1, so I dont know how their normal FCS coverage is. But, I felt the same way with coverage of the NDSU-K-State game years ago. Glad to hear they did a nice job again.

NDB
August 30th, 2019, 12:38 PM
I was just going to mention the kstate broadcast. I love it when they actually cover the game.

marenlee
August 30th, 2019, 04:31 PM
Same with Iowa State vs NDSU. FS1 did a great job.

kab
August 31st, 2019, 12:48 PM
I noticed when SDSU qb was going to run the ball he put his mouth guard in
when he wasn’t going to run it himself he always had the mouth guard stuck up in his helmet
a good defensive coordinator will pick up 0n that.

CappinHard
September 4th, 2019, 03:21 PM
when he wasn’t going to run it himself he always had the mouth guard stuck up in his helmet

http://giphygifs.s3.amazonaws.com/media/4DKJDEsK22SR2/giphy.gif

TheKingpin28
September 4th, 2019, 04:34 PM
http://giphygifs.s3.amazonaws.com/media/4DKJDEsK22SR2/giphy.gif

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/42/0a/51/420a51999da1e79f7a8c226727ee0134.jpg

Redbird 4th & short
September 5th, 2019, 09:32 AM
dude, nice scouting work .. but I would have preferred you PM scoops like this to me directly, so i can pass along to Spack.

on a more serious note .. that is a pretty bad tell if true and a penalty right ?? But you can bet this will make it's way back to SDSU coaches and get fixed ... so again, try PM next time !!!!

xbangxxbangxxbangx

clenz
September 5th, 2019, 09:53 AM
dude, nice scouting work .. but I would have preferred you PM scoops like this to me directly, so i can pass along to Spack.

on a more serious note .. that is a pretty bad tell if true and a penalty right ?? But you can bet this will make it's way back to SDSU coaches and get fixed ... so again, try PM next time !!!!

xbangxxbangxxbangx
The number of skill players that leave the mouth guard in their facemask/dangling down on every play is astonishing yet is never called.