PDA

View Full Version : Every time I want to post a JSU thread

jsualumnus
August 19th, 2019, 02:18 PM
I think about the 2nd round and back off from posting anything at all...

JSUSoutherner
August 19th, 2019, 02:22 PM
I think about the 2nd round and back off from posting anything at all...

Truth.

ursus arctos horribilis
August 19th, 2019, 02:40 PM
Hmm, that is too bad cuz the beauty (and some ugliness of course) is the national nature of the place and getting input from all areas of the country. So, gotta get over it and help us all out. Even if we needle or if you have some angst over the last playoff appearance.xthumbsupx

F'N Hawks
August 19th, 2019, 02:44 PM
How about I start a UND thread and initially talk about how good they're going to be this year. That will take all the heat off yours and there won't be any smartassinis left for yours!

JacksFan40
August 19th, 2019, 02:59 PM
I’ve posted a few SDSU threads but much like our championship hopes NDSU takes over.

jsualumnus
August 19th, 2019, 03:00 PM
I was just makin a joke, cause it’s definitely a thing!!!

Anyway, I will say that, yes, JSU should be pretty potent this year. The transfer conversation comes up every time we talk about the talent there.

So this year, we had a WR transfer come in (Stepherson) from Notre Dame. Hope he stays out of trouble, but JSU does a great job of getting kids on the right track. Florida signee, Arjei Henderson, a 4* WR from Texas who didn’t quality academically for Florida. Josh Pearson, home grown WR who broke all kinds of records last year and was Cooper’s main target, Jamari Hester, a 6’7” WR who had over 800 receiving yards with 11 TD’s, and also Daniel
Byrd, WR who also doubles as our ST’s punt returner. Our two TE’s, Rice (Auburn transfer), and Barry (homegrown), will at times line up in the slot or wide out to give us a 5 receiver look. Then there is Zerrick Cooper... What a great QB he’s been. Arm like Remington rifle... Our OL is the question mark!

Anyway, good luck to everyone this year and here’s to hoping JSU gets past the 2nd round and back to Frisco. God knows the debacle in Maine last year was brutal. Maine’s D was no joke...

JSUSoutherner
August 19th, 2019, 03:03 PM

Anyway, I will say that, yes, JSU should be pretty potent this year. The transfer conversation comes up every time we talk about the talent there.

So this year, we had a WR transfer come come in (Stepherson) from Notre Dame. Hope he stays out of trouble, but JSU does a great job of getting kids on the right track. Florida signee, Arjei Henderson, a 4* WR from Texas who didn’t quality academically for Florida. Josh Pearson, home grown WR who brokers all kids of records last year and was Cooper’s main target, Jamari Hester, a 6’7” WR who had over 800 receiving yards with 11 TD’s, and also Daniel
Byrd, WR who also doubles as our ST’s punt returner. Our two TE’s, Rice (Auburn transfer), and Barry (homegrown), will at times line up in the slot or wide out to give us a 5 receiver look. Our OL is the question mark! Anyway, good luck to everyone this year and here’s to hoping JSU gets past the 2nd round and back to Frisco. God knows the debacle in Maine last year was brutal. Maine’s D was no joke...

For sake of consistency I'm going to copy/paste a post I made earlier today on GJS.

I want to jump on the hype train. But then I remember Grass can't get us past round two.

We've been loaded before.

Read more: http://gojaxstate.boards.net/thread/4701/new-transfer?page=3#ixzz5x4yOsH3D

Also before some NDSU fan comes in here all gung ho about how transfers will be the death of society, we had a grand total of 3 FBS transfers this season, including the Florida guy who isn't technically even a transfer.

wapiti
August 19th, 2019, 03:10 PM
How about I start a UND thread and initially talk about how good they're going to be this year. That will take all the heat off yours and there won't be any smartassinis left for yours!

This is true. You should see the UND weight room!!! xthumbsupx xsmiley_wix

jsualumnus
August 19th, 2019, 03:11 PM

Go for it!

SU DOG
August 19th, 2019, 03:44 PM
Was listening to a sports call-in show last week when a JSU alum called and said that the Southerners would be 550 strong this year. That is no typo, 550. That seems actually too big. Can this be right, or could he have just spent too much time in Brother's?

jsualumnus
August 19th, 2019, 03:47 PM
561 I believe

JSUSoutherner
August 19th, 2019, 03:47 PM
Was listening to a sports call-in show last week when a JSU alum called and said that the Southerners would be 550 strong this year. That is no typo, 550. That seems actually too big. Can this be right, or could he have just spent too much time in Brother's?

Yes and no. After auditions/cuts we are down in the 470-ish on the field. We had 550+ signed up for Southerners though so we now have a slew of alternates.

Also Brother's closed earlier this year. Strut's got a bar and put them in the ground.

ST_Lawson
August 19th, 2019, 04:05 PM
Yes and no. After auditions/cuts we are down in the 470-ish on the field. We had 550+ signed up for Southerners though so we now have a slew of alternates.

Damn...how do you guys even do drill with that many people?

JSUSoutherner
August 19th, 2019, 04:05 PM
Damn...how do you guys even do drill with that many people?

It's bad.

But we sound like someone took the Philharmonic and made them 10x bigger. So it's okay.

Supposedly our director was at a conference and was discussing the music for the Southerners this season. His peers said "why would you march that? It's hard music."

His reply was "Because we're the Southerners and we can."

Milktruck74
August 19th, 2019, 04:19 PM
I thought this was going more along the lines of "I don't want to take the smack talk" and less of Grass is a one and done kinda coach.... I was going to say, I will take any stab I can at JSUSoutherner I possibly can on this board, but I'm sure if we meet up I would buy him an adult beverage (when he gets old enough) and wouldn't even make fun of it being a hard cider.

Milktruck74
August 19th, 2019, 04:21 PM
And as far as bands go, at Chattanooga we prefer quality over quantity....and by quality I mean the triple reinforced seam stitching on our flag girls double XL spandex uniforms. Those are HIGH Quality.

JSUSoutherner
August 19th, 2019, 04:22 PM
I thought this was going more along the lines of "I don't want to take the smack talk" and less of Grass is a one and done kinda coach.... I was going to say, I will take any stab I can at JSUSoutherner I possibly can on this board, but I'm sure if we meet up I would buy him an adult beverage (when he gets old enough) and wouldn't even make fun of it being a hard cider.

Hard Lemonade, thanks.

JSUSoutherner
August 19th, 2019, 04:23 PM
And as far as bands go, at Chattanooga we prefer quality over quantity....and by quality I mean the triple reinforced seam stitching on our flag girls double XL spandex uniforms. Those are HIGH Quality.This was sent to me last week. Apparently this is UTC's whole band.

I do hope they make the trip down. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190819/60fbc865269c34336956a52a215353d4.jpg

Sent from my Galaxy S9+ using Tapatalk

dgtw
August 19th, 2019, 04:34 PM

Also Brother's closed earlier this year. Strut's got a bar and put them in the ground.

Brother’s has reopened.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JSUSoutherner
August 19th, 2019, 04:35 PM
Brother’s has reopened.

Nice.

Been here since 2014. Never been to Brother's.

Did someone else take them over like Hero's or is it the original guys still?

Milktruck74
August 19th, 2019, 04:36 PM
Hard Lemonade, thanks.

There is a ointment that will clear that right up!!!!

JSUSoutherner
August 19th, 2019, 04:37 PM
There is a ointment that will clear that right up!!!!

If you make it down for the game, bring me some.

Milktruck74
August 19th, 2019, 04:38 PM
This was sent to me last week. Apparently this is UTC's whole band.

I do hope they make the trip down. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190819/60fbc865269c34336956a52a215353d4.jpg

Sent from my Galaxy S9+ using Tapatalk

But 7 of them aren't allowed to travel out of state and 3 of them couldn't get their parents to sign the permission slip....so we are down 10 from this picture.

JSUSoutherner
August 19th, 2019, 04:42 PM
But 7 of them aren't allowed to travel out of state and 3 of them couldn't get their parents to sign the permission slip....so we are down 10 from this picture.

I got a link to the secret UTC band hype video and it's literally just footage ripped from WGI championships of other groups performing.

jsualumnus
August 19th, 2019, 04:50 PM
And as far as bands go, at Chattanooga we prefer quality over quantity....and by quality I mean the triple reinforced seam stitching on our flag girls double XL spandex uniforms. Those are HIGH Quality.
Damn, this is funny!!!

Southerner... I will take you to Brother’s Bar, see a crappy band, and get hammered... My treat! Let me know. Then....you can say you’ve been to Brother’s.

JSUSoutherner
August 19th, 2019, 04:53 PM
Damn, this is funny!!!

Southerner... I will take you to Brother’s Bar, see a crappy band, and get hammered... My treat! Let me know. Then....you can say you’ve been to Brother’s.

Wait until we get a couple weeks into the semester.

By then I'll need all the alcohol I can get.

Taking 18 hours this fall.

jsualumnus
August 19th, 2019, 05:11 PM
Wait until we get a couple weeks into the semester.

By then I'll need all the alcohol I can get.

Taking 18 hours this fall.

Pffffffff..... 18 hours is a flesh wound. 👀

JSUSoutherner
August 19th, 2019, 05:15 PM
Pffffffff..... 18 hours is a flesh wound. 👀

Yeah, maybe for a *insert whatever major you were here* major. xdrunkyx

jsualumnus
August 19th, 2019, 05:19 PM
BioChem... Not really...

JSUSoutherner
August 19th, 2019, 05:33 PM
BioChem... Not really...

Easy.

dgtw
August 19th, 2019, 06:21 PM
Nice.

Been here since 2014. Never been to Brother's.

Did someone else take them over like Hero's or is it the original guys still?

Not sure. I think it may be new people. Never been there, not really my scene.

JSUSoutherner
August 19th, 2019, 07:05 PM
Not sure. I think it may be new people. Never been there, not really my scene.

I haven't been to the new Heroes yet either. You been?

WestCoastAggie
August 19th, 2019, 07:47 PM

Those are SWAC numbers.

SU DOG
August 19th, 2019, 07:49 PM
Well, our Samford Band is bigger than Wofford's, even though we are known as 'The Mighty Marching Dozen.'

POD Knows
August 19th, 2019, 08:00 PM
How about I start a UND thread and initially talk about how good they're going to be this year. That will take all the heat off yours and there won't be any smartassinis left for yours!Oh, we can multi-task, you can take that to the bank.

Cocky
August 19th, 2019, 09:09 PM
If we can talk about eating this thread will be a complete GoJaxState thread...football, Southerners and food.

JSUSoutherner
August 19th, 2019, 09:24 PM
If we can talk about eating this thread will be a complete GoJaxState thread...football, Southerners and food.

I've mentioned Struts and Heroes.

dgtw
August 19th, 2019, 10:09 PM

Bourbon slides and unicorns.

Never been to Heroes.

JSUSoutherner
August 19th, 2019, 10:41 PM
Bourbon slides and unicorns.

Never been to Heroes.

And the Double Dome.

CenMEBlackBearFan
August 20th, 2019, 05:46 AM

So this year, we had a WR transfer come in (Stepherson) from Notre Dame. Hope he stays out of trouble, but JSU does a great job of getting kids on the right track. Florida signee, Arjei Henderson, a 4* WR from Texas who didn’t quality academically for Florida. Josh Pearson, home grown WR who broke all kinds of records last year and was Cooper’s main target, Jamari Hester, a 6’7” WR who had over 800 receiving yards with 11 TD’s, and also Daniel
Byrd, WR who also doubles as our ST’s punt returner. Our two TE’s, Rice (Auburn transfer), and Barry (homegrown), will at times line up in the slot or wide out to give us a 5 receiver look. Then there is Zerrick Cooper... What a great QB he’s been. Arm like Remington rifle... Our OL is the question mark!

Anyway, good luck to everyone this year and here’s to hoping JSU gets past the 2nd round and back to Frisco. God knows the debacle in Maine last year was brutal. Maine’s D was no joke...

If it makes you feel any better you won the battle of the bands with us plus I think Cocky may have put a beat down on our mascot Banana's.xlolx

Bison56
August 20th, 2019, 07:10 AM
JSU goes undefeated, gets a seed, loses ugly first game. Rinse and repeat until Grass is gone.

JSUSoutherner
August 20th, 2019, 07:37 AM
JSU goes undefeated, gets a seed, loses ugly first game. Rinse and repeat until Grass is gone.

Yeah I'm not sure we beat EWU.

Cocky
August 20th, 2019, 07:49 AM

Undefeated this year, we may have a team who can compete in December.

CenMEBlackBearFan
August 20th, 2019, 08:25 AM
Undefeated this year, we may have a team who can compete in December.

I agree, an undefeated season with a W over EWU that should mean alot of success in December.
Is that game on ESPN +?

JSUSoutherner
August 20th, 2019, 08:32 AM
I agree, an undefeated season with a W over EWU that should mean alot of success in December.
Is that game on ESPN +?

Sí Señor.

Thumper 76
August 20th, 2019, 09:04 AM

You severely underestimate the smartassness available around here

jsualumnus
August 20th, 2019, 09:16 AM
If it makes you feel any better you won the battle of the bands with us plus I think Cocky may have put a beat down on our mascot Banana's.xlolx
Ha! I hear ya, but you guys were very impressive. I wanted you to guys to go all the way last year! Your front 4 on D are all back, so how do you think you guys will be this year?

F'N Hawks
August 20th, 2019, 09:21 AM
You severely underestimate the smartassness available around here

That may be true but you could be underestimating the disdain that the unsilent minority has for 'UND'. It's quite possible they forget any other thread exists once they see those three letters and "good" written in the same sentence.

jsualumnus
August 20th, 2019, 09:22 AM
That may be true but you could be underestimating the disdain that the unsilent minority has for 'UND'. It's quite possible they forget any other thread exists once they see those three letters and "good" written in the same sentence.

Man....

Bison56
August 20th, 2019, 09:29 AM
Yeah I'm not sure we beat EWU.

You are probably right.

JSUSoutherner
August 20th, 2019, 09:33 AM

I don't think it's a 'minority' of people who realize UND sucks.

F'N Hawks
August 20th, 2019, 09:43 AM
I don't think it's a 'minority' of people who realize UND sucks.

That may be true, as well.

IBleedYellow
August 20th, 2019, 10:34 AM
I love that it took almost no time for a JSU threat to start taking about the (very good) band.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

JSUSoutherner
August 20th, 2019, 10:35 AM
I love that it took almost no time for a JSU threat to start taking about the (very good) band.

Well if you had a 13 inch d*** you'd brag about it all you could as well.

IBleedYellow
August 20th, 2019, 10:35 AM
Well if you had a 13 inch d*** you'd brag about it all you could as well.You never hear me stop talking, do you?

I wish I could be wise and silent like Teddy Roosevelt.

JSUSoutherner
August 20th, 2019, 10:38 AM
You never hear me stop talking, do you?

I wish I could be wise and silent like Teddy Roosevelt.

Don't we all.

jsualumnus
August 20th, 2019, 02:09 PM

Hey, unless we make it past the 2nd round I’m not too sure there is much else for us to discuss with our team. Granted, 5 OVC rings is great, but in the grand scheme of things it is not acceptable!

JSUSoutherner
August 20th, 2019, 02:19 PM
Hey, unless we make it past the 2nd round I’m not too sure there is much else for us to discuss with our team. Granted, 5 OVC rings is great, but in the grand scheme of things it is not acceptable!

Don't say this on the JSU board in front of Ballerina. That will be a mess.

jsualumnus
August 20th, 2019, 05:14 PM
Don't say this on the JSU board in front of Ballerina. That will be a mess.

I gathered that! LOL!!! You lit a fire over there!

JSUSoutherner
August 20th, 2019, 05:16 PM
I gathered that! LOL!!! You lit a fire over there!
Occupational Hazard.

CenMEBlackBearFan
August 20th, 2019, 07:26 PM
Ha! I hear ya, but you guys were very impressive. I wanted you to guys to go all the way last year! Your front 4 on D are all back, so how do you think you guys will be this year?

The only two negatives after the season were losing HC Harasymiak and RB Ramon Jefferson. The OC, Nick Charlton, was quickly hired and the recruiting class may be the strongest we have seen. We have two FBS transfers at RB and Emanuel Reed from Buffalo will be the #1RB and Jordan Rowel from NIU has a sprained knee and will miss the first game. Went to our final scrimmage last week and our OLine may be just as good as the Dline. This team on paper has no weaknesses but the intangibles like coaching and leadership seem to be the unknowns. Anything less than a strong playoff team would be a major disappointment.