PDA

View Full Version : FCS Imperialism Map

JSUSoutherner
August 18th, 2019, 06:25 AM
Saw this map this morning. Figured I'd share.

https://www.reddit.com/r/fcs/comments/crlv86/2019_fcs_imperialism_preseason_map/

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190818/0ef8244e3d29b6d74204dbfb289e559a.jpg

dgtw
August 18th, 2019, 07:37 AM
He has done this with FBS for a few years now, glad he has started this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gofurman
August 18th, 2019, 08:39 AM
Yes, it's fun in NCAA basketball as you take over the territories of each team you beat and the team's they beat and the team's they beat ! So if you make the elite eight or final four you own most of the country.

IE, Team X beats team Y (team Y had already beat team Z).. so team X gets the land of team Y and team Z.

Sitting Bull
August 18th, 2019, 09:16 AM
One of the takeaways from this map is the absence of FCS members in Michigan and Wisconsin.

Valparaiso is a nice school though I'm not buying that Michigan, in any way, is "Valpo Country". Ditto with UNi and Wisconsin.

Laker
August 18th, 2019, 09:22 AM
One of the takeaways from this map is the absence of FCS members in Michigan and Wisconsin.

Valparaiso is a nice school though I'm not buying that Michigan, in any way, is "Valpo Country". Ditto with UNi and Wisconsin.

Minnesota and Nebraska don't have FCS teams either.

At times, I wonder if Minnesota has an FBS team. But I digress.

JSUSoutherner
August 18th, 2019, 09:55 AM

FTR the territory is based off the closest FCS stadium to the center of each county.

Also, I have NO idea how EWU has land on the NW side of Alaska.

Bison Fan in NW MN
August 18th, 2019, 10:29 AM
If you include college hockey, UND would cover that much acreage but not for football....xlolx

Shrink that down to a couple of counties in NE ND....

JSUSoutherner
August 18th, 2019, 10:38 AM
If you include college hockey, UND would cover that much acreage but not for football....xlolx

Shrink that down to a couple of counties in NE ND....

It's not a subjective map. It's based off distance to the stadium.

Bisonator
August 18th, 2019, 11:14 AM
It's not a subjective map. It's based off distance to the stadium.
Doesn't make any sense that way either. Dumb map is dumb.

JSUSoutherner
August 18th, 2019, 11:16 AM

Feel free to take up your complaints with the maker.

Bisonator
August 18th, 2019, 11:28 AM
Feel free to take up your complaints with the maker.
Don't care enough to....

Milktruck74
August 18th, 2019, 03:16 PM
FTR the territory is based off the closest FCS stadium to the center of each county.

The Curvature of the Earth....and the availability to cross the mountain passes!!! hahhaha.

dgtw
August 18th, 2019, 03:19 PM

In a few weeks it will belong to us.

Daytripper
August 18th, 2019, 04:08 PM
In a few weeks it will belong to us.

SELA may take over your territory before you get a chance at EWU....

JSUSoutherner
August 18th, 2019, 05:03 PM
SELA may take over your territory before you get a chance at EWU....Assuming SELA had a snowballs chance in hell, them taking our land doesn't prevent us from being able to take EWU's land.

Sent from my Galaxy S9+ using Tapatalk

SonuvaHenx2
August 18th, 2019, 10:18 PM
Smallest starting area on the map belongs to the Hens - just New Castle County, DE.

Thumper 76
August 19th, 2019, 02:14 AM

I love when people can’t grasp the concept of what these maps are xlolx

caribbeanhen
August 19th, 2019, 03:57 AM
Smallest starting area on the map belongs to the Hens - just New Castle County, DE.

The Entire Caribbean should be blue and gold

OhioHen
August 19th, 2019, 06:30 AM
Assuming SELA had a snowballs chance in hell, them taking our land doesn't prevent us from being able to take EWU's land.

Sent from my Galaxy S9+ using Tapatalk

If SELA has already taken your territory, THEY would inherit EWU's land if JSU beats EWU.

dgtw
August 19th, 2019, 06:48 AM
If SELA has already taken your territory, THEY would inherit EWU's land if JSU beats EWU.

You only get whatever land your opponent owns at the time of the game. So if SELA beats JSU, they get the land you see on the map now. They would not get whatever land JSU wins after that.

EWU has parts of Alaska because that part of the state is closer to their stadium than it is to Portland.

Laker
August 19th, 2019, 07:27 AM

Home of the only arc line state boundary in the US. At least that I've ever heard of.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twelve-Mile_Circle

UpstateBison
August 19th, 2019, 09:18 AM

I think that honor belongs to Fordham.

UAalum72
August 19th, 2019, 10:46 AM

Or Columbia, which is between Fordham, Wagner, and now LIU

SonuvaHenx2
August 19th, 2019, 10:53 AM

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkCan't zoom in far enough to tell - do they -only- get the Bronx? If so, that is incredibly small!

Bronx County is 42 sq mi
New Castle County is 426 sq mi

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Laker
August 19th, 2019, 11:10 AM
From that site:

Abilene Christian begins with the most counties (166), while San Diego has the largest population (20,519,280), and Portland State has the most total area (657,119 sq mi). Surprisingly, they do not own all of Alaska. In fact, both Alaska and Hawaii are split to begin the season.

Fordham- 57 square miles is the smallest territory.

clenz
August 19th, 2019, 11:12 AM
You....feel free to correct it because I've already had this exact conversation with POD showing it to be correct in another thread

It's clear you don't get what it is

SonuvaHenx2
August 19th, 2019, 11:16 AM
Fordham- 57 square miles is the smallest territory. [/FONT][/COLOR]

If so, then they have more than one county

Number of counties versus area covered are different things, of course

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

grizband
August 19th, 2019, 12:58 PM
The section of Northern Wyoming owned by Idaho State is surprising; would have thought Montana State or Weber State would own that area. Pretty cool to see this done for FCS regular season, though.

Bisonator
August 19th, 2019, 02:03 PM
You....feel free to correct it because I've already had this exact conversation with POD showing it to be correct in another thread

It's clear you don't get what it is
IDGAF how you do it, if that's what you come up with it's ****ing stupid! Don't be ****ing stupid!xsmiley_wix

uni88
August 19th, 2019, 03:12 PM
IDGAF how you do it, if it doesn't show the Bison to be the absolute overlords of FCS, it's ****ing stupid! Don't be ****ing stupid!xsmiley_wix

FYP

Bison Fan in NW MN
August 19th, 2019, 08:51 PM
FYP

Pretty much a recurring theme with your posts about NDSU.

I'll play along.

Compared to UNI football? Ya, NDSU are the "overlords".....xnodx....NDSU was better when they were both D2 and they are infinitely better at 1AA. How's that?

uni88
August 20th, 2019, 05:22 PM
Pretty much a recurring theme with your posts about NDSU.

I'll play along.

Compared to UNI football? Ya, NDSU are the "overlords".....xnodx....NDSU was better when they were both D2 and they are infinitely better at 1AA. How's that?

You would be correct. NDSU was better in D2 and they are better in FCS/IAA. See, I can admit that my school isn't the greatest at everything.

I do like to poke the Bison. There are more Bison posters on here than any other fanbase, maybe more active posters than all of the other fanbases combined. That is understandable with the success that the Bison have had. I do think that because there are so many Bison posters it sometimes turns into an echo chamber where Bison fans agree with each others opinions so much that they start to believe their opinions are facts/truths. They then get upset when someone presents a differing opinion or isn't complimentary toward NDSU. Based on the echo chamber, those opinions must be wrong. If you mock the Bison poster's statements of "fact", you are being disrespectful but it's ok for the Bison poster to mock differing opinions or other schools. It's a double standard.

The Bison are the cocks of the FCS walk right now but I find the thin skin and insecurity of some of the Bison posters humorous.