PDA

View Full Version : North Carolina A&T Considering Move To FBS?

SU DOG
August 17th, 2019, 09:43 PM
At least this article reports that the Aggies are serious about the possible move.

https://thespun.com/college-football/north-carolina-at-aggies-football-fbs

DEX
August 17th, 2019, 10:02 PM
Unless we uncover a well-heeled benefactor 2035 would be the soonest.

ST_Lawson
August 17th, 2019, 11:15 PM
Unless we uncover a well-heeled benefactor 2035 would be the soonest.

Timing sounds about right. Cohen retires after a long, successful career as a Bear, invests his money well, then writes a huge check to his alma mater. As a Bears fan, I'm good with this plan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

uni88
August 18th, 2019, 12:24 AM
Timing sounds about right. Cohen retires after a long, successful career as a Bear, invests his money well, then writes a huge check to his alma mater. As a Bears fan, I'm good with this plan.

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkYou forgot to mention that he wins 4 Superbowls.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

DFW HOYA
August 18th, 2019, 06:19 AM
Putting aside the financial costs for a I-A program, is the fan base prepared for it? It's one thing to bring in Norfolk State or NC Central for a big HBCU atmosphere, but will fans show up for Arkansas State and South Alabama, which isn't sending road crowds to Greensboro? And how do fans react for not being able to play older rivals anymore as guarantee games and an eight game Sun Belt schedule fills future schedules?

It's inevitable that some schools will seek to move beyond the MEAC/SWAC orbit. Hampton's move to the Big South is worth watching in this regard.

WestCoastAggie
August 18th, 2019, 11:28 AM
Putting aside the financial costs for a I-A program, is the fan base prepared for it? It's one thing to bring in Norfolk State or NC Central for a big HBCU atmosphere, but will fans show up for Arkansas State and South Alabama, which isn't sending road crowds to Greensboro? And how do fans react for not being able to play older rivals anymore as guarantee games and an eight game Sun Belt schedule fills future schedules?

It's inevitable that some schools will seek to move beyond the MEAC/SWAC orbit. Hampton's move to the Big South is worth watching in this regard.

A rivalry developed with App State would be huge for us, having the ability to host them again in BB&T Stadium. Our fans would should up huge for the in-state PWIs, especially if we could get the big-4 somehow scheduled on a 2 for 1 deal.

Also, a rivalry with Georgia State would be feasible as our schools have the most African-American undergraduates.

But aside from that, playing South Alabama and Arkansas State would be like playing Savannah State and Delaware State already. Those games won't move the needle unless it's homecoming. We'd also still schedule FAMU, Howard and NCCU and they would love to receive a 6-figure check from us.

Bisonator
August 18th, 2019, 11:31 AM
Who will they be taking with them to play in the celebration bowl and be pseudo champions?

WestCoastAggie
August 18th, 2019, 11:42 AM
And. Here. Come. The. Tro... I mean Bison.

Bisonator
August 18th, 2019, 11:46 AM
And. Here. Come. The. Tro... I mean Bison.
It's a fair question. :D