PDA

View Full Version : The FCS Wedge Questions, Suggestions, & Topics

ursus arctos horribilis
August 15th, 2019, 06:37 PM
So Kris & Lance mentioned on the last podcast they would like to get more involvement from the FB and AGS community as far as topics you'd like and questions you would pose etc.

Two more shows in the preseason if you want to get something in post it up. Keep this rolling all through the season too ladies and gents.

maine612
August 16th, 2019, 03:03 PM
I always thought it was cool when CBS did the "where are they now" segments during NFL games. Might be cool to highlight an FCS player that has gone on to do something significant in the world in or out of football. For example, Ex-FCS award winner who is now saving lives as a firefighter, etc.

ursus arctos horribilis
August 16th, 2019, 03:12 PM
I always thought it was cool when CBS did the "where are they now" segments during NFL games. Might be cool to highlight an FCS player that has gone on to do something significant in the world in or out of football. For example, Ex-FCS award winner who is now saving lives as a firefighter, etc.

Oh, that is great man. Good first idea on the books here!

SUPharmacist
August 16th, 2019, 11:17 PM
How about when discussing rivalry games from around the country occasionally going more into the history of the rivalry and discussing extra reasons for grudges or why it is so important to the schools. Everyone knows the rivalries near them, but do we know the reasons schools hate each other in other parts of the country. Who stole recruits/coaches from each other? What play does one side think is dirty while the other side celebrates?

kalm
August 18th, 2019, 09:31 PM
These are great suggestions. Any additional help with source material is greatly appreciated. Keep 'em coming!

Mike296
August 18th, 2019, 11:15 PM
Guests on the podcast would be nice *hint hint*

Mike296
August 18th, 2019, 11:18 PM
My real suggestion though is that maybe you should highlight current NFL players who came from FCS in recent years and tell their journey of their FCS days and what ultimately got them noticed by the NFL.