PDA

View Full Version : Rashad Barksdale, Albany NY Drafted By Eagles

smallcollegefbfan
April 29th, 2007, 02:50 PM
Barksdale went 201 overall in the 6th round to the Eagles.

alumNEC
April 29th, 2007, 03:12 PM
Both Barksdale and Hairston getting drafted, and by very respectable teams (Patriots/Eagles) is a very good sight for all NEC fans and FCS fans

smallcollegefbfan
April 29th, 2007, 03:15 PM
Both Barksdale and Hairston getting drafted, and by very respectable teams (Patriots/Eagles) is a very good sight for all NEC fans and FCS fans

I really like Barksdale. Would not be surprised if he ended up being a starter in 3-4 years. He will need time to develop obviously after playing college football just one season.

smallcollegefbfan
April 29th, 2007, 03:17 PM
http://www.nfl.com/draft/profiles/2007/barksdale_rashad

rmutv
April 29th, 2007, 03:22 PM
Barksdale and Hairston caused problems for lots of teams in the NEC. Thankfully, Robert Morris got the best of Hairston in the second overtime, when CCSU ran him out on an option pass and rookie defensive back Jacky Candy picked his floater of a pass off. RMU won 23-17 on the ensuing posession.

Hairston still had 249 yards on 49 carries!

Barksdale was a heavy hitter and good coverage guy for Albany. He only had one tackle, 3 assists, against the Colonials this year.

I'm hoping for WR/TE Jarvis Powers and DT Matt Brunck to maybe get picked up in this last round from RMU, but if anything, they'll probably be free agents.

downbythebeach
April 29th, 2007, 10:09 PM
Against SFU I think he scored on his first two touches.....ahhhhhhhh

rmutv
April 29th, 2007, 10:27 PM
Against SFU I think he scored on his first two touches.....ahhhhhhhh

Don't feel bad. He....he had some pretty good games. xeekx

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/player/profile?playerId=146309

Four games with 200+ yards, including a high of 332 versus the Red Flash. ON TWENTY THREE CARRIES!

The stretch from September 30th to October 21st had to be one of the best in all of football last year.

ngineer
April 29th, 2007, 10:32 PM
Way to Go Albany--TWO draftees...xthumbsupx

stonywolf
April 30th, 2007, 09:27 AM
not to be a hater, and i played in the NEC last season, and... who the heck is Rashad Barksdale!?!? I mean, to get drafted, i figured he would make a lot more noise. Dont get me wrong, i'm glad the NEC is getting some NFL love, but isnt this kinda out of left field? Whats this guys story???

smallcollegefbfan
April 30th, 2007, 09:30 AM
not to be a hater, and i played in the NEC last season, and... who the heck is Rashad Barksdale!?!? I mean, to get drafted, i figured he would make a lot more noise. Dont get me wrong, i'm glad the NEC is getting some NFL love, but isnt this kinda out of left field? Whats this guys story???

Played baseball for Albany, walked on football team in preseason camp. The Hudson, NY product was an all-state defensive back at the high school level. He batted .277 with 22 stolen bases last spring for the Great Danes. Barksdale (5-11 5/8, 208 pounds) ran his 40s in 4.38 and 4.46. He also had a 34 ½-inch vertical jump, a 10-foot-7 long jump and 14 bench presses.

He was drafted more on potential than what type of player he is today.

aceinthehole
April 30th, 2007, 09:50 AM
Way to Go Albany--TWO draftees...xthumbsupx

Correction, the NEC had 2 draftees! Both players were taken in the 6th Round.

#201 - Rashad Barksdale, DB, Albany - Philadelphia Eagles
#208 - Justise Hariston, RB, Central Connecticut St. - New England Patroits

alumNEC
April 30th, 2007, 11:54 PM
Barksdale's team (Albany) seemed to be one of the only ones to handle Hairston (I believe he had 50-75 yards in that game)... I have seen both play and I am very excited they have the chance to play at the next level... Both players are great and should represent the NEC respectfully

alumNEC
May 1st, 2007, 12:01 AM
Ok, I just checked out the game stats from the Albany/CCSU game and Hairston had 58 yards on 21 carries... It was bothering me that I did not give the correct numbers in the above post... Hairston had monster games all year though, and I am pretty sure he ended up with 989729873 yards (maybe a little exaggerated, but I'm not checking that one it is past my bed time :p )

BigApp
May 1st, 2007, 07:02 PM
congrats to Barksdale! http://planetsmilies.net/happy-smiley-541.gif