PDA

View Full Version : Most Annoying FCS Coaches?

bonarae
August 4th, 2019, 06:50 AM
There was an article posted on the FCS group on Facebook ranking the top 5 most annoying FBS coaches.

Who do you think are the most annoying coaches in the FCS?

Original FBS article: https://www.12up.com/posts/5-most-annoying-coaches-in-college-football-01dh9qgqycc8

JSUSoutherner
August 4th, 2019, 06:52 AM
I mean, I hate Alabama, but I don't think Saban is annoying.

Depends on what you're measuring as annoying.

hktribefan
August 4th, 2019, 06:55 AM
Listening to Coach Rocco is always incredibly annoying. His voice drives me up the wall.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JSUSoutherner
August 4th, 2019, 07:03 AM
Listening to Coach Rocco is always incredibly annoying. His voice drives me up the wall.

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkCoach Satterfield was super obnoxious to listen to. He may have been the greatest BS artist I've ever heard. Glad he was fired.

Sent from my Galaxy S9+ using Tapatalk

MR. CHICKEN
August 4th, 2019, 07:17 AM
I mean, I hate Alabama, but I don't think Saban is annoying.

Depends on what you're measuring as annoying.

......HE'S UH GRUFF.....AN'...GRUMPY OL' BAST%$D.......EVEN WHEN WINNIN'....xnodx..AWK!

.....K.C.'s.......UH MOTOR MOUTH......AN'....SHOOD STILL BE IN NEW-ARK....xcoolx...BRAWK!

JSUSoutherner
August 4th, 2019, 07:19 AM
......HE'S UH GRUFF.....AN'...GRUMPY OL' BAST%$D.......EVEN WHEN WINNIN'....xnodx..AWK!

.....K.C.'s.......UH MOTOR MOUTH......AN'....SHOOD STILL BE IN NEW-ARK....xcoolx...BRAWK!Yeah but he tells it as it is. I respect that.

Bison Fan in NW MN
August 4th, 2019, 07:39 AM
I like Saban....no BS.

I'm trying to think of FCS coaches that are annoying. Former North Dakota coach, Mussman, was kind of annoying.

KPSUL
August 4th, 2019, 08:48 AM
The FBS list could aptly be renamed the 5 most "successful" coaches. Well, minus Harbaugh.

I'm surprised there hasn't a dozen posts already naming Bo Pelini the undisputed FCS most annoying.

I also agree with Danny Rocco as a nominee. He sounds more like a chemical engineering professor than a head football coach at his press conferences. He's also whiny, in fact he doesn't just sound it, he is a whiner.

In general, I'm tired of seeing head coaches brought to tears when interviewed after big wins and saying how hard their players have worked and how much they love their teams.

POD Knows
August 4th, 2019, 09:08 AM
The FBS list could aptly be renamed the 5 most "successful" coaches. Well, minus Harbaugh.

I'm surprised there hasn't a dozen posts already naming Bo Pelini the undisputed FCS most annoying.

I also agree with Danny Rocco as a nominee. He sounds more like a chemical engineering professor than a head football coach at his press conferences. He's also whiny, in fact he doesn't just sound it, he is a whiner.

In general, I'm tired of seeing head coaches brought to tears when interviewed after big wins and saying how hard their players have worked and how much they love their teams.Pelini is actually not that annoying, he is pure, raw entertainment. I can't believe this PJ Fleck guy from the Gophers didn't make the list in this article, maybe the Goofers don't have enough national presence to warrant consideration but that guy bugs the hell out of me.

Bison Fan in NW MN
August 4th, 2019, 09:10 AM
Pelini is actually not that annoying, he is pure, raw entertainment. I can't believe this PJ Fleck guy from the Gophers didn't make the list in this article, maybe the Goofers don't have enough national presence to warrant consideration but that guy bugs the hell out of me.

Fleck reminds me of a bad used car salesman.

I bet SDSU beats them....xlolx

grayghost06
August 4th, 2019, 09:44 AM
KC Keeler

Go Lehigh TU owl
August 4th, 2019, 01:02 PM
Lehigh's new coach (Holy Cross's old one) Tom Gilmore enters the year as likely the most annoying in the Patriot League. His rants on the sideline are notorious. He'll be screaming at the refs while his teams are down 4 TD's. Passionate guy who hopefully has mellowed a little bit.

MR. CHICKEN
August 4th, 2019, 01:16 PM
.......LIKE AMBROSE.....UH TOWSON.......BEGS FO' EVERAH CALL.......xprayx........AWK!

JSUSoutherner
August 4th, 2019, 01:36 PM
KC Keeler

Oh yeah, he's DEFINITELY high on the list.

SU DOG
August 4th, 2019, 02:31 PM
A few years ago, and even many JSU fans will agree that Jack Crowe would have easily been #1 on this list.

Gangtackle11
August 4th, 2019, 03:39 PM
Rocco in the CAA. Sounds like an insane asylum escapee with a Pennsyl-tucky twang.

Ambrose is the wise guy kid that you wanted to jump in the playground during recess. xpeacex

Ivytalk
August 4th, 2019, 06:34 PM
Whoever is coaching Penn this year.

Back in my day, it was Jake Crouthamel of Dartmouth. Not even close.

Derby City Duke
August 4th, 2019, 06:43 PM
Rocco @ Delaware; once gave himself a game ball. Total tool.

Herder
August 4th, 2019, 08:41 PM
I like Saban....no BS.

I'm trying to think of FCS coaches that are annoying. Former North Dakota coach, Mussman, was kind of annoying.

Sabin cant say a complete sentence without stopping to carefully chew on ever word. IMO that’s very annoying, being so guarded on every word you utter.

Herder
August 4th, 2019, 08:45 PM
Fleck reminds me of a bad used car salesman.

I bet SDSU beats them....xlolx

You guys must not be elite enough to appreciate his elite takes and elite delivery.

Bisonoline
August 4th, 2019, 09:15 PM
Stig and Farly spend some quality time on the field crying to the officials.

BisonTru
August 4th, 2019, 11:09 PM
Nielson. South Dakota.

Dude would wear a suit to a pool party.

Bisonwinagn
August 4th, 2019, 11:28 PM
Pelini is actually not that annoying, he is pure, raw entertainment. I can't believe this PJ Fleck guy from the Gophers didn't make the list in this article, maybe the Goofers don't have enough national presence to warrant consideration but that guy bugs the hell out of me.

Some people just don't like to listen to someone with a positive attitude.

Professor Chaos
August 5th, 2019, 05:40 AM
Bob Stitt was pretty annoying.

McCowboys
August 5th, 2019, 06:57 AM
KC Keeler

I second that nomination!

Reign of Terrier
August 5th, 2019, 07:32 AM
Dabo Sweeney isn't on this list for FBS coaches, so you know it's rigged.

I think Chadwell, who used to coach at CSU but now coaches at Coastal Carolina may have needed to be included on this list, but I didn't pay much attention to FCS football when he was probably at his most annoying.

POD Knows
August 5th, 2019, 07:57 AM
Nielson. South Dakota.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalkxbowx This is freaking funny

clenz
August 5th, 2019, 09:25 AM
KC Keeler
In the 43 year history of the UNIDome there has only been one coach to wear sunglasses INSIDE the dome. It was him....and it was cloudy/overcast thanks to the ice storm that was going on outside.

There is also still a stain from all the grease he had in his hair on the indoor track surface that is under the turf.

That was 3 turfs and 12 years ago.

F'N Hawks
August 5th, 2019, 09:57 AM
I propose there be a one-day, winner take all sell off at Gateway Chevrolet in Fargo. Full Lot on a Saturday - whoever moves the most steel wins.

P.J. Fleck vs. Jason Eck vs. A.J. Blazek

Winner is without a doubt the most annoying coach in football.

McCowboys
August 5th, 2019, 10:26 AM
In the 43 year history of the UNIDome there has only been one coach to wear sunglasses INSIDE the dome. It was him.

There is also still a stain from all the grease he had in his hair on the indoor track surface that is under the turf.

LOL!

ysubigred
August 5th, 2019, 10:30 AM
In the 43 year history of the UNIDome there has only been one coach to wear sunglasses INSIDE the dome. It was him.

Hey didn't Keeler have the eye problem the douche bag coach the Miami Dolphins had? Had to wear sunglasses because of sensitivity to light natural or artificial.

clenz
August 5th, 2019, 10:34 AM
Hey didn't Keeler have the eye problem the douche bag coach the Miami Dolphins had? Had to wear sunglasses because of sensitivity to light natural or artificial.
No.

Also this is him at SHSU

http://image.cdnllnwnl.xosnetwork.com/pics33/400/SK/SKUFCQKAMYQRIAI.20141123012225.jpghttp://image.cdnllnwnl.xosnetwork.com/pics33/400/SK/SKUFCQKAMYQRIAI.20141123012225.jpghttps://c8.alamy.com/comp/PR80MF/overtime-29th-sep-2018-sam-houston-state-bearkats-head-coach-kc-keeler-observes-game-action-during-the-ncaa-football-game-between-the-central-arkansas-bears-and-the-sam-houston-state-bearkats-at-bowers-stadium-in-huntsville-texas-sam-houston-state-defeated-central-arkansas-34-31-in-overtime-prentice-c-jamescsmalamy-live-news-PR80MF.jpg

https://media.gettyimages.com/photos/sam-houston-state-bearkats-head-coach-kc-keeler-looks-on-from-the-picture-id860672600

and other games at Delaware

https://www.gannett-cdn.com/-mm-/d3540385323c2db3b2d38a7b9e2f28dbe34a4767/c=45-0-754-533/local/-/media/Wilmington/NG/2014/01/23/keelermain.jpg?width=534&height=401&fit=crop

So....no

Just him being a douche

Daytripper
August 5th, 2019, 11:12 AM
Haters gonna hate.

TheKingpin28
August 5th, 2019, 01:26 PM
I propose there be a one-day, winner take all sell off at Gateway Chevrolet in Fargo. Full Lot on a Saturday - whoever moves the most steel wins.

P.J. Fleck vs. Jason Eck vs. A.J. Blazek

Winner is without a doubt the most annoying coach in football.Eck is just a turd in the punch bowl. Fleck is a douchebag on steroids. Blazek is just ready for the Rams to run a train on the Valley.

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

McCowboys
August 5th, 2019, 01:44 PM
No.

Also this is him at SHSU

http://image.cdnllnwnl.xosnetwork.com/pics33/400/SK/SKUFCQKAMYQRIAI.20141123012225.jpghttp://image.cdnllnwnl.xosnetwork.com/pics33/400/SK/SKUFCQKAMYQRIAI.20141123012225.jpghttps://c8.alamy.com/comp/PR80MF/overtime-29th-sep-2018-sam-houston-state-bearkats-head-coach-kc-keeler-observes-game-action-during-the-ncaa-football-game-between-the-central-arkansas-bears-and-the-sam-houston-state-bearkats-at-bowers-stadium-in-huntsville-texas-sam-houston-state-defeated-central-arkansas-34-31-in-overtime-prentice-c-jamescsmalamy-live-news-PR80MF.jpg

https://media.gettyimages.com/photos/sam-houston-state-bearkats-head-coach-kc-keeler-looks-on-from-the-picture-id860672600

and other games at Delaware

https://www.gannett-cdn.com/-mm-/d3540385323c2db3b2d38a7b9e2f28dbe34a4767/c=45-0-754-533/local/-/media/Wilmington/NG/2014/01/23/keelermain.jpg?width=534&height=401&fit=crop

So....no

Just him being a douche

This is just a theory, but I don't think the man likes the color orange. He seems to prefer the white and blue colors. The one and only time I remember him decked out in orange, it wasn't really orange but a kind of salmon (pinkish) color. Now I may be wrong, and I haven't watched every SHSU game since he became coach, and I am sure Bearkats will correct me if I am wrong, but that is my theory.
I am not doubting he is a very good coach.

Daytripper
August 5th, 2019, 02:13 PM
This is just a theory, but I don't think the man likes the color orange. He seems to prefer the white and blue colors. The one and only time I remember him decked out in orange, it wasn't really orange but a kind of salmon (pinkish) color. Now I may be wrong, and I haven't watched every SHSU game since he became coach, and I am sure Bearkats will correct me if I am wrong, but that is my theory.
I am not doubting he is a very good coach.

I don't have any inside info, but it wouldn't surprise me if he didn't wear orange because he doesn't like it. Blue did become a more prominent color in the uniforms after he became coach.

cx500d
August 5th, 2019, 05:10 PM
Nielson. South Dakota.

I think it’s classy

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

mvemjsunpx
August 5th, 2019, 05:52 PM
Jeff Choate. He sounds like he's on coke every time he talks to the media.

JSUSoutherner
August 5th, 2019, 10:25 PM
Haters gonna hate.

And losers gonna get blown TF out.

So which one is Keeler?

caribbeanhen
August 5th, 2019, 10:49 PM
Rocco in the CAA. Sounds like an insane asylum escapee with a Pennsyl-tucky twang.

Ambrose is the wise guy kid that you wanted to jump in the playground during recess. xpeacex

Ambrose Is so annoying his own little brother defected from Towson to be the offensive coordinator at Delaware

Daytripper
August 5th, 2019, 11:32 PM
And losers gonna get blown TF out.

So which one is Keeler?

Who has more playoff wins in the last decade? That's right. Your obsession with Sam borders on pathological.

JSUSoutherner
August 5th, 2019, 11:37 PM
Who has more playoff wins in the last decade? That's right. Your obsession with Sam borders on pathological.I'd bet than 5% of what I post here relates Sam. But sure, go crazy.

Daytripper
August 5th, 2019, 11:40 PM
I'd bet than 5% of what I post here relates Sam. But sure, go crazy.

Only you troll on every thread that relates to Sam, which aren't very many... So, yeah, about 5%.

JSUSoutherner
August 5th, 2019, 11:44 PM
Only you troll on every thread that relates to Sam... So, yeah, about 5%.

Don't make it so easy then.

Daytripper
August 5th, 2019, 11:45 PM
Don't make it so easy then.

? You mean like our playoff record that is second only to NDSU in the last decade? Okay.

JSUSoutherner
August 5th, 2019, 11:46 PM
? You mean like our playoff record that is second only to NDSU in the last decade? Okay.

Living in the past.

Daytripper
August 5th, 2019, 11:50 PM
Living in the past.
Admittedly, last year was not our best, but I don't recall that last time you got out of the second round??? Insecure much? We were in the Semis in 2017. When was the last time you were there?

JSUSoutherner
August 5th, 2019, 11:51 PM
Admittedly, last year was not our best, but I don't recall that last time you got out of the second round??? Insecure much? We were in the Semis in 2017. When was the last time you were there?

When we clubbed you guys like baby seals.

Daytripper
August 5th, 2019, 11:53 PM
When we clubbed you guys like baby seals.

Living in the past.

JSUSoutherner
August 5th, 2019, 11:53 PM
Living in the past.

Excuse me, you asked.

Daytripper
August 5th, 2019, 11:55 PM
Excuse me, you asked.

And you answered: A long time ago. G'night felicia.

JSUSoutherner
August 5th, 2019, 11:56 PM
And you answered: A long time ago. G'night felicia.

Goodnight, fan of unranked nobody. xthumbsupx

Try not to have any nightmares. I know there is much trauma in your past. :D

Bison56
August 6th, 2019, 06:45 AM
Goodnight, fan of unranked nobody. xthumbsupx

Try not to have any nightmares. I know there is much trauma in your past. :D

Pot meet kettle.

JSUSoutherner
August 6th, 2019, 06:48 AM
Pot meet kettle.I don't recall losing by 50+, even to top 10 P5 teams, but go ham I guess.

Bison56
August 6th, 2019, 06:58 AM
I don't recall losing by 50+, even to top 10 P5 teams, but go ham I guess.

You also probably don't remember making it to the Championship twice either, or the semis multiple times, or even the quarters multiple times, but you do remember beating that team 1 time by 50 xcoffeex

JSUSoutherner
August 6th, 2019, 07:00 AM
You also probably don't remember making it to the Championship twice either, or the semis multiple times, or even the quarters multiple times, but you do remember beating that team 1 time by 50 xcoffeexWe've beat a lot of teams by 50. But as I said, I don't usually dwell on the past.

ngineer
August 6th, 2019, 12:29 PM

.....K.C.'s.......UH MOTOR MOUTH......AN'....SHOOD STILL BE IN NEW-ARK....xcoolx...BRAWK!

K.C.'s shades are annoying...

BlackNGoldR3v0lut10n
August 6th, 2019, 01:34 PM
Dabo Sweeney isn't on this list for FBS coaches, so you know it's rigged.

I think Chadwell, who used to coach at CSU but now coaches at Coastal Carolina may have needed to be included on this list, but I didn't pay much attention to FCS football when he was probably at his most annoying.

Funny to think I had Chadwell as a slam dunk for the ETSU role when it opened up but that was before an OC with two national championship rings on the FBS level landed on our lap. It's working out oh so well for us and he's running a clean program, something Chadwell can't claim.

Go Green
August 7th, 2019, 10:21 AM
Back in my day, it was Jake Crouthamel of Dartmouth. Not even close.

Got stories?

Not disputing you. But it was before my time, and I really haven't heard anyone say much of anything about Crouthamel when he was coaching Dartmouth (even though he had great success).

Go Green
August 7th, 2019, 10:30 AM
Among current Ivy coaches, Al Bagnoli would probably win the vote. Many Ivy fans observe (accurately) that Bags badgers the refs during the games more than the rest of the coaches in the league combined.

My personal vote would go to Yale's Tony Reno. **** like this:

https://www.al.com/sports/2012/10/dartmouth_uses_water_bottle_as.html

Sader87
August 7th, 2019, 01:18 PM
Buddy Teevans can be pretty annoying :)

Go Green
August 7th, 2019, 01:57 PM

He was polite enough to empty his bench in the middle of the third quarter in Worcester last year, wasn't he?

:)

Sader87
August 7th, 2019, 02:02 PM
I also saw him get knocked out as a player at Fitton in a 35-0 Purple win :)

Go Green
August 7th, 2019, 02:17 PM
I also saw him get knocked out as a player at Fitton in a 35-0 Purple win :)

Looks like you are correct. It happened in the first quarter, which explains why Dartmouth was shut out...

https://s3.amazonaws.com/dartmouthsports.com/documents/2014/6/12/780930_HolyCross.pdf

Sader87
August 7th, 2019, 05:06 PM
That was a good HC team in '78...beat Air Force and BC

Ivytalk
August 7th, 2019, 09:10 PM
Got stories?

Not disputing you. But it was before my time, and I really haven't heard anyone say much of anything about Crouthamel when he was coaching Dartmouth (even though he had great success).
Jake had great success during his first three years as HC, with three straight Ivy titles, but was mediocre the last four. Jake stoked the Harvard rivalry and leveraged it to Trump-Clinton hatred levels. My personal Jake story was my sophomore year, when you guys came to Harvard and beat us by 6. That was Jake’s last title year. After the game, a chunk of the drunken Dartmouth band invaded my house dining hall and “serenaded” us. One of the House leaders, a junior, scooped up some mashed potatoes and fired it at the band leader, nailing him in the head. An epic food fight ensued, and we routed the overmatched D band, chasing them into our house library and pelting them with all sorts of organic matter. One of the grandest memories of my youth!

vutomcat
August 8th, 2019, 11:09 AM
Ambrose in the CAA is by far the worst on the sidelines.

Haven't been a fan of Gattuso since he went off on Talley in 2014 during Talley's press conference. Talley gave a senior running back who was a four year walk on two carries at the end of a 48-31 game. Really?

KPSUL
August 8th, 2019, 04:48 PM
I'd bet than 5% of what I post here relates Sam. But sure, go crazy.

Trying not to pick sides in the stimulating and enlightening discourse, but; 5% of 12,019 = 601. That's quite a bit of annoyance!

KPSUL
August 8th, 2019, 04:52 PM

I find him very annoying - he's the first Dartmouth coach in 45 years to beat UNH. And to think he only allows his players to tackle those cute little motorized robots in practice. Very embarrassing!

penguinpower
August 8th, 2019, 08:25 PM
Mickey Matthews