PDA

View Full Version : MVFC / OVC Top 19 Rankings

mvfcfan
August 3rd, 2019, 12:11 PM
Since my two favorite schools (in order) are Indiana State and Eastern Illinois I have decided to do my first annual Top 19 (next year it will be Top 20) for both conferences. I can't accurately do a top 25 for FCS since I honestly don't follow the other leagues that closely. I will update the rankings each week once the season begins. Feel free to discuss or criticize my rankings. Should be a fun season in both leagues and I am definitely excited for the season to begin.

Preseason Rankings

1) North Dakota State
2) South Dakota State
3) Jacksonville State
4) Illinois State
5) Northern Iowa
6) Indiana State
7) Southeast Missouri State
8) Eastern Kentucky
9) South Dakota
10) Youngstown State
11) Austin Peay
12) Murray State
13) Western Illinois
14) Southern Illinois
15) Tennessee State
16) Missouri State
17) Eastern Illinois
18) Tennessee Martin
19) Tennessee Tech

Redbird 4th & short
August 3rd, 2019, 04:39 PM
your top 7 makes sense ... put 8-13 in a hat and re-shufffle the deck and you would probably be just as right. Then same for 14-19.

I do think OVC is improving at the top, but jury is still out for sure . I see JSU being better, SEMO being solid, and EKU being better. Not buying the Austin Peay optimism just yet or anyone else below. BUt no longer a 1 bid conference.

Bison Fan in NW MN
August 3rd, 2019, 07:01 PM
IMO, Jacksonville would finish, at best, 5th in the Valley this year.

YSU too low IMO.

JSUSoutherner
August 4th, 2019, 05:55 AM

YSU too low IMO.

Lul.

Bison Fan in NW MN
August 4th, 2019, 06:53 AM
Lul.

NDSU
SDSU
Ill State
YSU

JSU would get beat by all of these teams. They would also have a hard time with UNI, USD and Ind State IMO.

JSUSoutherner
August 4th, 2019, 06:57 AM
NDSU
SDSU
Ill State
YSU

JSU would get beat by all of these teams. They would also have a hard time with UNI, USD and Ind State IMO.If we are honest the same thing could very well be true for NDSU.

You know what they say about opinions.

Sent from my Galaxy S9+ using Tapatalk

Bison Fan in NW MN
August 4th, 2019, 06:59 AM
If we are honest the same thing could very well be true for NDSU.

You know what they say about opinions.

Sent from my Galaxy S9+ using Tapatalk

Yes, NDSU could get beat by any one of those teams this year, except Ind State because they don't play each other. The Valley is going to be tough.

Redbird 4th & short
August 4th, 2019, 08:37 AM

YSU too low IMO.
I do think this will be a strong year for MVFC, especially the top 5 (NDSU, SDSU, ISUr, UNI/ISUb .. and might be along lines of 2014 as far as 7+ teams being top 25 at various points (YSU, USD, WIU) ... so don't disagree. But also won't be surprised if JSU moves back into top 10 or 12 nationally and sticks.

JSUSoutherner
August 4th, 2019, 08:44 AM
I do think this will be a strong year for MVFC, especially the top 5 (NDSU, SDSU, ISUr, UNI/ISUb .. and might be along lines of 2014 as far as 7+ teams being top 25 at various points (YSU, USD, WIU) ... so don't disagree. But also won't be surprised if JSU moves back into top 10 or 12 nationally and sticks.

We are already there, chief.

Bison Fan in NW MN
August 4th, 2019, 08:56 AM

You don't think NDSU/SDSU/Ill State are going to be strong this year?

xeyebrowx

YSU was voted #7 in the preseason poll....no way they end up there. Ind State is not a 4th place team.

Redbird 4th & short
August 4th, 2019, 09:19 AM
You don't think NDSU/SDSU/Ill State are going to be strong this year?

xeyebrowx

YSU was voted #7 in the preseason poll....no way they end up there. Ind State is not a 4th place team.

I can see JSU ranking above UNI and ISUb from my list .. but again, don't disagree strongly with your point. I also think ISUb could be more prone this year .. last year, they came in with no expectations, started slow, then kind of snuck up on people. We completely outplayed them statistically (480 to 280 total yards, similar for 1st downs), but Q2 killed us (21-0) due to 2 TOs they turned into TDs, plus a 3rd. I know you like YSU to rebound .. if anyone slips from my top 5, ISUb would surprise me the least.

Bison Fan in NW MN
August 4th, 2019, 09:26 AM
I can see JSU ranking above UNI and ISUb from my list .. but again, don't disagree strongly with your point. I also think ISUb could be more prone this year .. last year, they came in with no expectations, started slow, then kind of snuck up on people. We completely outplayed them statistically (480 to 280 total yards, similar for 1st downs), but Q2 killed us (21-0) due to 2 TOs they turned into TDs, plus a 3rd. I know you like YSU to rebound .. if anyone slips from my top 5, ISUb would surprise me the least.

I think any one of these teams can win the Valley this year:

NDSU
SDSU
Ill State
YSU

YSU has NDSU/SDSU at home and they play tough at home. NDSU has had a tough time there and so has SDSU. Ill State has the Bison at home....hopefully the Bison have their QB rolling in the passing game. This is the first conference game. I was at the last game down there....weather was awesome!

The Valley is going to be a battle.

Redbird 4th & short
August 4th, 2019, 11:42 AM
I think any one of these teams can win the Valley this year:

NDSU
SDSU
Ill State
YSU

YSU has NDSU/SDSU at home and they play tough at home. NDSU has had a tough time there and so has SDSU. Ill State has the Bison at home....hopefully the Bison have their QB rolling in the passing game. This is the first conference game. I was at the last game down there....weather was awesome!

The Valley is going to be a battle.
yes it is .. you sure seem to know something about YSU offseason .. on paper from last year, hard to see. Weve done well against YSU home or away the last few years .. but the year we crushed them at their place, they had just played all of the other top MVFC teams and were pretty worn down .. we ran all over them on their homecoming in a light rain. But you seem to know something is brewing there.

JSUSoutherner
August 4th, 2019, 12:42 PM
yes it is .. you sure seem to know something about YSU offseason .. on paper from last year, hard to see. Weve done well against YSU home or away the last few years .. but the year we crushed them at their place, they had just played all of the other top MVFC teams and were pretty worn down .. we ran all over them on their homecoming in a light rain. But you seem to know something is brewing there.

After losing to Butler I'd guess the only direction for them is up.

Redbird 4th & short
August 4th, 2019, 05:02 PM
and then Butler went 4-7 playing in Pioneer ... in Reign's eyes, that one game proves me wrong about MVFC .. but only if can convince yourself to let your mind ignore the hundreds of other data points that proves me right no matter how much evidence is presented to you.

Bison Fan in NW MN
August 4th, 2019, 05:20 PM

I have nothing extraordinary about any team. Just looking at what teams have coming back and their conference schedules.

I think the top four are: And that any one of them could win the Valley.

NDSU
SDSU
Ill State
YSU

mvfcfan
August 5th, 2019, 10:17 AM
My best guess is that SDSU and NDSU tie for first, with SDSU winning the tiebreaker. SDSU gets NDSU, ILST, and UNI all at home which will be a definite advantage for them.

I think that ILST, UNI, INST, USD, YSU, and maybe even WIU will all be playoff contenders. We should be able to get at least 4 teams in the playoffs this season.

I think my Sycamores will probably either barely make it or barely miss it. In other words I suspect our last game at Missouri State will be a must win game for us no matter what. I also think that we have to start out at least 3-1 in NC play to make it. Around 8-4 or 7-5 is what I expect from us. 8-4 and we should be in. 7-5 is definite bubble territory. We made it with a 7-5 record in 2014, but I definitely don't want to test that again.

As far as JSU is concerned, if they were in the MVFC I think they'd probably finish either 3rd or 4th this year. They're a pretty good team and they should be better than they were last season.

ysubigred
August 5th, 2019, 10:26 AM

Yup who can figure out football (AGS) one year we beat the pants off of the Pitt Panthers, make a run through Jacksonville to the NC game then one year lose to Butler xconfusedx

ST_Lawson
August 5th, 2019, 11:27 AM
I think my Sycamores will probably either barely make it or barely miss it. In other words I suspect our last game at Missouri State will be a must win game for us no matter what.

At this point, my money would be on you guys winning that game pretty solidly.

Fighting Cock
August 10th, 2019, 04:22 AM
[QUOTE=Redbird 4th & short;2785420]your top 7 makes sense ... put 8-13 in a hat and re-shufffle the deck and you would probably be just as right. Then same for 14-19.

I do think OVC is improving at the top, but jury is still out for sure . I see JSU being better, SEMO being solid, and EKU being better. Not buying the Austin Peay optimism just yet or anyone else below. BUt no longer a 1 bid conference.[/QU

Fighting Cock
August 10th, 2019, 04:30 AM
Since my two favorite schools in order are JSU where I went and SIU where my wife went I will pick those two at the top and every on else FOLDS UPxsmiley_wixWE love going to Jacksonville and Carbondale and on the road as well go COCKS and DOGS!!!!!xdrunkyx

mvfcfan
September 1st, 2019, 07:56 AM
Here is my official Week 2 poll.

1 NDSU
2 SDSU
3 UNI
4 ILST
5 INST
6 SEMO
7 EKU
8 YSU
9 JSU
10 USD
11 APSU
12 MUSU
13 UTM
14 SIU
15 TTU
16 MOSU
17 WIU
18 EIU
19 TSU

mvfcfan
September 1st, 2019, 08:30 AM
Notes for Week 2 Poll:

NDSU- They're still good obviously.
SDSU- Probably should have beaten Minnesota but turnovers hurt them.
UNI- Came so close to upsetting a top 25 FBS team again.
ILST- The question is if NIU's defense is that good ot if ILST's offense is that bad. We'll see.
INST- see SDSU.
SEMO- We'll learn more when they play at MT State.
EKU- We probably won't know where they are until they play INST.
YSU- anything less than a 4-0 start will be a disappointment. The MVFC season is when we will find out more about this team.
JSU- Dropped 6 spots after their poor performance. The question at this point is if that was a dudd performance or a norm for this season.
USD- Looks like they will more than likely be an average team again.
APSU- They did well in destroying NC Central. How they do against UCA will tell me a lot about this team.
MUSU- Giving up 17 points to a non-D1 school in the first half is concerning.
UTM- Was somewhat impressed with their 22 point win over NWST. Moved up 5 spots because of it.
SIU- I sort of expected their game against SEMO to be closer. Now they get to play dumpster fire UMass. It's hard to tell what will happen there.
TTU- Nice comeback win and 2 pt conversion for the win.
MOSU- Their defense will have to do better if they want to compete in the MVFC.
WIU- I was not expecting a 9 pt loss to N Alab. Might be a long year in Macomb.
EIU- played respectable against UTC but anything other than an 0-4 start will be a surprise. Once they get to OVC play they should be able to compete with several teams.
TSU- They won, but only winning by 6 against arguably the worst SWAC school does not impress me at all. This is the rare case where you drop in my poll for a win. If you can't do better than that against MVSU then it's going to be a long year.

*In most cases FBS losses (especially close losses) will not negatively effect a team's ranking.

fmftballmgr
September 5th, 2019, 01:21 PM
As for Murray 17 points to Upike in the first we had a player go for an interception it went through his hands and the dude caught it on the run behind. The other td was missed assignment. But until the 4th period we only gave 17 yards rushing. We really won't know what we got until the 5th game of the year. The result of a bad AD not having a clue about scheduling.
Our next 3 are
at # 3 Georgia
at Toledo
Morehead State.

Glad Alan Ward is out of here.

When I talked with the new AD at an event, he seems to have is mind right about where football needs to be.

mvfcfan
September 5th, 2019, 08:58 PM
Ward was too worried about getting an MVC invite his last two years. I heard the new AD wants to remain in the OVC. Honestly the OVC is probably the better choice. The MVC isn't what it used to be.

penguinpower
September 6th, 2019, 07:04 AM
I have nothing extraordinary about any team. Just looking at what teams have coming back and their conference schedules.

I think the top four are: And that any one of them could win the Valley.

NDSU
SDSU
Ill State
YSU

Having been on this board for several years (mostly as a passive participant) I think you see what I see regarding YSU. They have a consistency problem and I think much is driven by the depth and perhaps leadership on the team. Last year they were plagued by injuries coming out of camp and the team was missing experience and leadership component on the field. Pelini said in a preseason presser that last year was really tough becuase he had to start a lot of young kids once they were devestated by so many to injuries. He said it took them time to learn the system and get comfortable playing. Preparing kids that are not ready and don't know the syste, is is not an easy task on its own let alone trying to navigate the Valley. He said now we have several of the people with key injuries back and the underclass has some experience. However, he has Carl back on his staff and I think Carl is another reason why YSU is better. Bo has the Defense and Carl has the Offiense. I think last year was way different without Carl. YSU has been a much better football team with Carl on the staff. I am actually beginning to wonder if Carl is the better coach.

Whatever it is, I see it too. YSU had a couple of blown coverages in the Samford game, but overall they looked very, very good and deserving of a ranking. I think the QB position is a liability, but they have a true Freshman that Pelini talks about as having an extremely high ceiling. Not sure why he isn't starting the kid. I think he likes to wreck QB's by running them so maybe that is what he is doing (who knows). I think YSU will definitely be a tough out. There are still a few kids that were on the National Championship run a few years ago and they think they have the team to get back there. We will see. I think the Defense is the strength and will casue all kinds of problems this year.

ysubigred
September 6th, 2019, 07:20 AM
Having been on this board for several years (mostly as a passive participant) I think you see what I see regarding YSU. They have a consistency problem and I think much is driven by the depth and perhaps leadership on the team. Last year they were plagued by injuries coming out of camp and the team was missing experience and leadership component on the field. Pelini said in a preseason presser that last year was really tough becuase he had to start a lot of young kids once they were devestated by so many to injuries. He said it took them time to learn the system and get comfortable playing. Preparing kids that are not ready and don't know the syste, is is not an easy task on its own let alone trying to navigate the Valley. He said now we have several of the people with key injuries back and the underclass has some experience. However, he has Carl back on his staff and I think Carl is another reason why YSU is better. Bo has the Defense and Carl has the Offiense. I think last year was way different without Carl. YSU has been a much better football team with Carl on the staff. I am actually beginning to wonder if Carl is the better coach.

Whatever it is, I see it too. YSU had a couple of blown coverages in the Samford game, but overall they looked very, very good and deserving of a ranking. I think the QB position is a liability, but they have a true Freshman that Pelini talks about as having an extremely high ceiling. Not sure why he isn't starting the kid. I think he likes to wreck QB's by running them so maybe that is what he is doing (who knows). I think YSU will definitely be a tough out. There are still a few kids that were on the National Championship run a few years ago and they think they have the team to get back there. We will see. I think the Defense is the strength and will casue all kinds of problems this year.

+1 ^ To add I think bringing Carl back brought another level of attitude (good) on the team. Watching the Samford game, I have not seen a more spirited YSU team since the glory days.

Redbird 4th & short
September 6th, 2019, 08:12 AM
Notes for Week 2 Poll:

NDSU- They're still good obviously.
SDSU- Probably should have beaten Minnesota but turnovers hurt them.
UNI- Came so close to upsetting a top 25 FBS team again.
ILST- The question is if NIU's defense is that good ot if ILST's offense is that bad. We'll see. BOTH on that day
INST- see SDSU.
SEMO- We'll learn more when they play at MT State.
EKU- We probably won't know where they are until they play INST.
YSU- anything less than a 4-0 start will be a disappointment. The MVFC season is when we will find out more about this team.
JSU- Dropped 6 spots after their poor performance. The question at this point is if that was a dudd performance or a norm for this season.
USD- Looks like they will more than likely be an average team again.
APSU- They did well in destroying NC Central. How they do against UCA will tell me a lot about this team.
MUSU- Giving up 17 points to a non-D1 school in the first half is concerning.
UTM- Was somewhat impressed with their 22 point win over NWST. Moved up 5 spots because of it.
SIU- I sort of expected their game against SEMO to be closer. Now they get to play dumpster fire UMass. It's hard to tell what will happen there.
TTU- Nice comeback win and 2 pt conversion for the win.
MOSU- Their defense will have to do better if they want to compete in the MVFC.
WIU- I was not expecting a 9 pt loss to N Alab. Might be a long year in Macomb.
EIU- played respectable against UTC but anything other than an 0-4 start will be a surprise. Once they get to OVC play they should be able to compete with several teams.
TSU- They won, but only winning by 6 against arguably the worst SWAC school does not impress me at all. This is the rare case where you drop in my poll for a win. If you can't do better than that against MVSU then it's going to be a long year.

*In most cases FBS losses (especially close losses) will not negatively effect a team's ranking.

answered if for you .. we'll see if it is what Spack said with QB Davis being too amped combined with how good their front 7 was. But as good as their front 7 was, there were holes in their secondary and Davis usually had enough time. NIU pass defense will get shredded by anyone that can throw it. Though to be fair, their corners are very young and developing.

Our run game will be just fine, but yes we need the pass game to keep great defenses honest or our playbook shrinks and things get claustrophobic.

fmftballmgr
September 6th, 2019, 09:51 AM
Ward was too worried about getting an MVC invite his last two years. I heard the new AD wants to remain in the OVC. Honestly the OVC is probably the better choice. The MVC isn't what it used to be.

So true.

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 6th, 2019, 10:12 PM

YSU always plays NDSU tough at their place....always. Plus they have a favorable home schedule. IMO, the Penguins are right up there with the other 3 as Valley contenders this year. Plus Bo is a very good defensive coach.

IMO, any one of the 4 could win it. Plus UNI cannot be counted out also.

mvfcfan
September 8th, 2019, 08:12 AM
My official Week 3 Poll:

1 NDSU
2 SDSU
3 UNI
4 ILST
5 YSU
6 JSU
7 SEMO
8 APSU
9 EKU
10 INST
11 USD
12 SIU
13 MUSU
14 UTM
15 TTU
16 MOSU
17 WIU
18 TSU
19 EIU

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Week 3 Poll Notes:

NDSU- Still rolling.
SDSU- Every year they seem to play a totally random school they blow out. At least it wasn't 90-6.
UNI- I was a little worried that they would turn around and lose after their great performance against IAST, but they rolled and are looking pretty good so far.
ILST- Took care of their Pioneer League opponent.
YSU (+3)- I was expecting them to beat Howard worse than they did, but they still move up 3 spots due to everyone else losing.
JSU (+3)- They sort of redeemed themselves a little after beating UTC by 21.
SEMO (-1)- They did good for a half against MTST, but that 3rd Quarter was disastrous.
APSU (+3)- Played UCA pretty good despite the loss.
EKU (-2)- Would have liked to have seen them at least score against Louisville.
INST (-5)- Losing to a PFL school, no matter how good they are, is a good way to drop a lot in my poll. INST has a lot of problems and they will have to fix a lot of things if they want to beat EKU and avoid an 0-3 start.
USD (-1)- Played an unwinnable game.
SIU (+2)- Usually you'd move up more for blowing out an FBS opponent, but I think we can all agree that UMASS is in contention for being the worse current FBS program. I guess the MVFC keeps it's annual streak of beating at least one FBS opponent going.
MUSU (-1)- See USD
UTM (-1)- See USD
TTU- See USD
MOSU- Bye
WIU- Didn't expect much after their loss to UNA. Now they have to play MT ST at home next week (yikes).
TSU- They jumped EIU after playing a somewhat respectable game against Middle TN.
EIU- IU is not known for their defense and not being able to score at all says a lot.

fmftballmgr
September 9th, 2019, 09:24 AM
Yea Murray had a very unwinnable game but we did score more on them then Vandy did and had about as many fans in attendance as Vandy did the week prior.

mvfcfan
September 15th, 2019, 09:32 AM
My Week 4 Poll

1 NDSU
2 SDSU
3 UNI
4 ILST
5 YSU
6 JSU
7 APSU
8 SEMO
9 INST
10 EKU
11 SIU
12 USD
13 MUSU
14 UTM
15 TTU
16 WIU
17 MOSU
18 EIU
19 TSU

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NOTES:

NDSU- Passed their non-conference road test with little doubt
SDSU- Was surprised they didn't beat Drake worse, but they still won by 28.
UNI- BYE
ILST- ILST's defense is good, but their lack of offense (especially passing) is definitely a big concern.
YSU- Dominated a decent (by NEC standards) Duquesne team.
JSU- Would have jumped YSU, except YSU is undefeated. Very impressed with the EWU comeback win.
APSU- Impressed with their 14 point win on the road at Mercer.
SEMO- Jumped by APSU because APSU has played better overall so far, although SEMO has had tougher opponents.
INST- Jumped EKU due to head to head match up.
EKU- see INST
SIU- Outscored UTM 28-0 after trailing 14-0. A win is a win and they are on a 2 game winning streak.
UTM- It looked good at first for UTM, and then it all fell apart.
TTU- Beat a sub D1 school by 17. Not great, but they won
WIU- It's true that their defense is good, but their offense needs a lot of work.
MOSU- WIU jumped the Bears since their defense is capable of keeping them in games.
EIU- jumped TSU since they played a respectable game against ILST.
TSU- Jackson State is not a good team. This is the second time TSU has played very poor against SWAC competition.

chattownmocs
September 15th, 2019, 09:43 AM
I guess this is a decent place to congratulate Javaughn Craig(Austin Peay) for his victory over his former teammate Robert Riddle(Mercer.) If I'm not mistaken Riddle took his job when they were both playing here in Chattanooga at the Mcallie School, but I guess Javaughn gets the last laugh.

fmftballmgr
September 16th, 2019, 09:20 AM
Murray's schedule this year is not helping us one bit.

mvfcfan
September 18th, 2019, 05:05 PM
At least Murray State's next 4 games are all very winnable.

fmftballmgr
September 19th, 2019, 05:22 PM
But I wish I knew more about where our team is at this point. Hopefully we will know more after this week.

ST_Lawson
September 19th, 2019, 08:30 PM
But I wish I knew more about where our team is at this point. Hopefully we will know more after this week.

Be careful what you wish for. I know where our team is at this point...and I kinda wish I didn't.

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 20th, 2019, 06:23 AM
Be careful what you wish for. I know where our team is at this point...and I kinda wish I didn't.

All those injuries you listed earlier....are some of those guys getting healthy now?

ST_Lawson
September 20th, 2019, 08:51 AM
All those injuries you listed earlier....are some of those guys getting healthy now?

For reference for anyone that didn't see it: https://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?220956-MVFC-Megathread-2019-Edition&p=2798769&viewfull=1#post2798769

Coaching staff is being pretty tight-lipped about things (and of course are somewhat limited on what they can say due to them being students), but it looks likely that the ones who haven't played at all this season so far may not get on the field this year. Hopefully a few of them are able to get medical waivers from the NCAA and be able to come back next year...most of those guys are seniors.

All I really know for sure is the 2-deep for this weekend's game, which shows:
Senior RB Max Norris - out all season so far
Junior RB Vic Johnson - out all season so far
Junior RB Kendon Walker - out last weekend against Montana State, listed as out again this weekend
Senior RB Deontez Thompson - in (minor injury in the UNA game, was out against Colorado State, but back against Montana State last weekend and listed on 2-deep for this weekend)
Senior WR John Brunner - out all season so far, spotted at Montana State game on the sideline in a walking boot
Senior DB Darron Wheeler - out all season (see below)

The only one I've seen posting about things online is DB Darron Wheeler, who had surgery a couple of weeks ago:
https://twitter.com/DWheely/status/1171151706207543299

Also an issue for the offense is our particularly young O-Line. Listed in the 2-deep for this weekend: 0 seniors, 2 juniors, 3 sophomores, 3 redshirt freshmen, 2 true freshmen.
I feel like Sampson could be a pretty decent QB...maybe not quite Sean McGuire level...but above average for the MVFC this year, if it weren't for the fact that most of his primary offensive weapons are injured and the young o-line isn't opening many holes or giving him much time to make throws.

mvfcfan
September 22nd, 2019, 06:42 AM
My Week 5 Poll:

1 NDSU
2 SDSU
3 UNI
4 ILST
5 YSU
6 JSU
7 APSU
8 SEMO
9 INST
10 EKU
11 SIU
12 TTU
13 MUSU
14 USD
15 UTM
16 MOSU
17 WIU
18 EIU
19 TSU

NOTES: Not much movement this week. Despite their loss APSU has done more to win me over so far than SEMO which is why APSU is still above them. TTU made the biggest jump after beating WIU on the road by 14. Murray jumped USD because the Coyotes have just looked awful so far. Can't seem to figure out if WIU or MOSU is the worst team in the MVFC. MOSU did good for a half against Kennesaw so I gave them the edge this week. Tennessee St confirmed their last place spot after losing to a 2nd SWAC school.

fmftballmgr
September 23rd, 2019, 03:58 PM
Murray's real season starts saturday. Hopefully we can start climbing some

mvfcfan
September 29th, 2019, 01:26 PM
My poll going into Week 6:

1 NDSU
2 SDSU
3 YSU
4 ILST
5 UNI
6 APSU
7 SEMO
8 JSU
9 INST
10 EKU
11 TTU
12 SIU
13 UTM
14 MUSU
15 USD
16 MOSU
17 WIU
18 EIU
19 TSU

JSUSoutherner
September 29th, 2019, 01:48 PM
Eagerly awaiting the start of basketball season.

ST_Lawson
September 29th, 2019, 02:34 PM

Same, although it's women's basketball for me. Our men's team is as bad as our football team is this year.

TheKingpin28
September 29th, 2019, 02:43 PM

Same, although it's women's basketball for me. Our men's team is as bad as our football team is this year.

What is this round ball you speak of?

mvfcfan
September 29th, 2019, 03:07 PM

Losing Jason Burnell is going to hurt. JSU's basketball team the last 3 years has been the most fun team to watch in my opinion. You guys have been having some pretty good teams and no matter how far down they are you can never count them out (they always play hard). I think you guys will still be pretty good even with the losses from last year's squad.

ST_Lawson
September 29th, 2019, 03:13 PM
What is this round ball you speak of?

It's like hockey, except:
- instead of a puck, it's a big round ball
- instead of ice, it's wood
- instead of an occasional fight, they...um...don't

JSUSoutherner
September 29th, 2019, 03:15 PM
Losing Jason Burnell is going to hurt. JSU's basketball team the last 3 years has been the most fun team to watch in my opinion. You guys have been having some pretty good teams and no matter how far down they are you can never count them out (they always play hard). I think you guys will still be pretty good even with the losses from last year's squad.

We've lost big scorers each of the past three years with Giga, Drumwright, so I'm not as worried about losing Brunell as I am about losing Cunningham.

We have people who can shoot. But I really hope we have someone who is as much of a lockdown defender as Cunningham was for us.

TheKingpin28
September 29th, 2019, 03:19 PM
It's like hockey, except:
- instead of a puck, it's a big round ball
- instead of ice, it's wood
- instead of an occasional fight, they...um...don't

Uh

ST_Lawson
September 29th, 2019, 05:00 PM
Uh

Sorry...long way for a joke that wasn't funny. Just ignore me.

TheKingpin28
September 29th, 2019, 05:02 PM
Sorry...long way for a joke that wasn't funny. Just ignore me.No, I got it. That's why I responded the way I did. I thought it was a solid response.

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

mvfcfan
September 29th, 2019, 05:07 PM
We've lost big scorers each of the past three years with Giga, Drumwright, so I'm not as worried about losing Brunell as I am about losing Cunningham.

We have people who can shoot. But I really hope we have someone who is as much of a lockdown defender as Cunningham was for us.

The thing that I've noticed is that JSU is super aggressive on defense. Your offense also seems to be at it's best when they take it to the basket and crash the boards. I think as long as Harper has those types of players on the team you guys will be just fine this year, especially in OVC play.

JSUSoutherner
September 29th, 2019, 07:47 PM
The thing that I've noticed is that JSU is super aggressive on defense. Your offense also seems to be at it's best when they take it to the basket and crash the boards. I think as long as Harper has those types of players on the team you guys will be just fine this year, especially in OVC play.

Yeah, I love the play-style Harper brings and I also love how his teams are always playing their best ball in March when it counts. I'm looking forward to the season. Hopefully we manage to keep him here after this season.

fmftballmgr
October 1st, 2019, 10:21 AM

you are starting to sound like most Racer fans

fmftballmgr
October 1st, 2019, 10:24 AM
well murray **** the bed in football last week. I would have dropped us further than you did. Just not prepared to play. How does one coming off the biggest crowd we had in 20 years, come out and play with no heart or motivation against a conference opponent who is less than an hour away and has a history of running up the score on you (which they did again)

There are way more question than answers right now

mvfcfan
October 1st, 2019, 03:50 PM
well murray **** the bed in football last week. I would have dropped us further than you did. Just not prepared to play. How does one coming off the biggest crowd we had in 20 years, come out and play with no heart or motivation against a conference opponent who is less than an hour away and has a history of running up the score on you (which they did again)

There are way more question than answers right now

14th was definitely a toss up between Murray and S. Dakota. This upcoming weekend will help determine who is better since Indiana State and Eastern Illinois played each other (ISU won 16-6) and are both the Racers' and Coyotes opponents. So far the Racers have outperformed the schools in spots 16-19 for sure. If you guys lose either of the next two games though that will definitely hurt your ranking since Murray St has not beaten a scholarship FCS opponent yet, and because of simply how bad EIU and TSU have been so far.

fmftballmgr
October 1st, 2019, 04:43 PM
14th was definitely a toss up between Murray and S. Dakota. This upcoming weekend will help determine who is better since Indiana State and Eastern Illinois played each other (ISU won 16-6) and are both the Racers' and Coyotes opponents. So far the Racers have outperformed the schools in spots 16-19 for sure. If you guys lose either of the next two games though that will definitely hurt your ranking since Murray St has not beaten a scholarship FCS opponent yet, and because of simply how bad EIU and TSU have been so far.

and if we play like we did against UTM we wont beat a scholarship team this year.

lets see this year we heard

This is one of the deeper teams we have had recently,

This is the year we make a run

I believe in my guys

This will not happen again (two different weeks)

mvfcfan
October 1st, 2019, 04:52 PM
My prediction for Murray State is that they win their next two games, but lose their last five to finish (4-8)(2-6 OVC). EIU's defense has shown signs of being good, but their offense has really struggled. Tennessee State barely beat a SWAC school and then turned around and lost to 2 SWAC schools after that. They are just awful this year.

I have serious doubts that Murray State can win road games at JSU and SEMO. I also think Austin Peay will be too much, even in Murray, KY. If Murray State can win any of their last five my guess is that TN Tech or EKU would be the most likely victim and I'm not too high on either upset occurring right now.

Redbird 4th & short
October 1st, 2019, 05:13 PM
No, I got it. That's why I responded the way I did. I thought it was a solid response.

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

https://www.anygivensaturday.com/image/jpeg;base64,/9j/4AAQSkZJRgABAQAAAQABAAD/2wCEAAkGBxMTEhUSExIWFRUXFRUXFxgVFRUVFxcVFRUXGBcVFR UYHSggGBolGxYXITEiJSkrLi4uGB8zODMtNygtLisBCgoKDg0O GhAQGi0dHR8tLS0tLS0rLS0tLSstLS0tLS0tLS0tLS0tLS0tLS 0tLS0rNy0tLS0tLS0tLS03LTctN//AABEIAMIBAwMBIgACEQEDEQH/xAAcAAAABwEBAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAQIDBAUHBgj/xABSEAACAQMCAwUFAwcJAwcNAAABAgMABBESIQUTMQYHQVFhFC IycYGRobEII0KCwdHwFSQzUnJ0krPhssPxFhclNVN1tCY0NkNU YmVzhZOio7X/xAAYAQADAQEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAQIDBP/EACARAQEAAgMAAwEBAQAAAAAAAAABAhESITEDE1FBYXH/2gAMAwEAAhEDEQA/AMzkkyceFEJCc7 FR ZSlasHVF9wHhM15NHaQtGrsrsDKzKvuAEjKqxz9PCry07vL W6uLQG2DwLCzsZJdBEysUCERZPwnOQOlVndneheL2Rz/6x1/8AuQyL JFeg7K0WO7upztzVtlJ89AdVH2v99aYyaZZZWXphPDO7W/uZLiJGtlNtLynLSSgM2kNlMRHIww6461Di7BXZsP5SD2/J0GQDXLzNIbT8PKxn61ukcfsycUnOwMskw8NlsoP2o1VHYrhq3 PZ6CB35ayQFS23ujmHffanxifsy/WUdq 7q9txbRStbE3FzHDGUklOmR9gX1RD3fPGT6U3xnuXv7aCW4ea1 KRRvIwV5ixVFJIUGIDO3iRWtd6v9Nwj/vS2/GovfXwOSa2adL1oFhgmLQgnE42Ok4cDwI3B605NJtt9Y/xTutvYILe4Z4GS4khjXQ0hKGf4GkzGMLkgEjO5HWqztp2Kn4ZI kU7xO0iFxymdhgHGDrRd8ivTlrw5bjh1vE3/AGNs6 jRcuRT/iVayL8osfz21/u7f5hpk5ObuxvFtra6EkDx3LwJGEeQsDc4CawYwAASAcE7 dO8U7r72K7hsg0Es0yM4ETuRHGpwZJS6LpXOcYznBHXGdV7lLl brha28m5tbkYzucLIs8R WSVH9mkdkeLC67SX7DdYbbkJ6COWMP8A/s1mgM57QdzF/bQNOHhm0KWkSIvrAAyxUMo1ADJ8D5A1U2vdrdvw48TEkHJEbya S0nM0xsykaeXpzlT lXoPsxu/Fc/ 2v8A Dtq5Lgv/oi391uf82SgMq7ad291wyJJp5IHV30ARNIxzpLZOqNRjCnxpfY zu2u JwvPBJAqpIYyJXkVtQVWyAsbDGHHj51p/wCUef5jbf3kf5UlD8n64EfC7qQ9EuZWPyW3hJ/CgM 4R3R3873EayW6m3l5Tl3lAZtCvlMRnIwy9cdelV1p3eXU3EJeG q8ImhUuzFpOXgBDswTVn84v6PnXpqztVgllbxubjX8itqif7jP 61cN2Mswe0PFpvFEgj kqox/yhQGP9tO7274XHHLcPC6uxQcpnYhgpb3taL4A fSrPivdJfwGBWe3c3EywpoeU4Zkd9T6oxhAqMTjJ9DWg98TC74 EtyN9E6SZ9CzxfZ79afLZq5hdhvExdPRjG0ZP F2H1paPbzcO6e9N2bITWplEAnPvzaQhfQATys6id8Y6VWduO7e 74bEk9xJAyvIIwImkY6irNk6o1GMKfGtR7AX0k3aPijSAgqjRg HwSKWNEx81UN tXMd/PA5I5PaTetKks2FtiW0wkR9QNZHgf0R8VMtuM7C9g7ninN9neJ OTo1c1nUHmasadCNn4D5eFNdt x1xwySOK4aNjImtWiZmXAbBB1Kpz9PEVqXcU3s/Cb 7O2l5Dn0ggD/ixpr8o621w2NwOmZEJ8 YqOv w1AZz2D7E3PE aLd4V5QQtzWdc8zVjToRv6h648KsOzvd5e3s88MfLUW8rRSyuz cvWjFSseF1Ods9BtjOMiuw/Jn K /s2/wCM1dt3ejFvxQ fEuIfsoLTFO3HdzecPVJJDHJE7BRJEWwrHoHVgCud9xkbdfCpv E 56/hkt42ktma4lMaaHlIBEbSFnzGMKFRumT6Vo/a8f S9t/d G/jBWmz2avJHI25j1FfQsukn/CSP1qDeaYu6K9a8eyE1qZUhSZjrl0BXcqFzys6vdzjGMEb1B7a 93V1wyNJbiSBlkfQOU0jEHSW31RrtgVqHdpfSTce4s8gIYZTB8 FilEaD/AAqK5Xvx4HJDL7Q160yTTvpgJbEGFzsC5Hp8IoDLlpLUYojUqI xQo8UKCWdnb6hqJwv40qWFT0JpAfw8KbTOv51k7ZJIs zkwhvLWUkAJc27kk4ACyrnJ8sZr0B3k9rbeGweSKeJ5BJbkKki MxC3EbMAAf6oavOElORIvXSOnkKrHLUY5/HuvR3eL2htRwy85dxCzPC6AJKjMxkAj2AOTsa5my4pB/yYERni5nsxGgyJqzzDtpznNYwY16hQPoKXFCpO6j7BT wvov63XvO4xbvLwopcRMF4nbs2mVDpUHdmwdh6mo/e7wmyvoWuPb4g9tbzsiJJE3MbTrC9c7lANt96wLiChWZAoGDvs Kf4TCAGkYAqgGfmdx9wNVvrbLj3p6Il7WQQR8JxcREM8UMoEiE qslqygvg 6BJoJJ6YrPO/ /ilvLZopUkAgYEo6uAeYdjpNZIxzvRxdapLafyeeIxRG 5s0cer2bTrdUzjnZxqO/UVUd1XaKC14xcNPIqRzCdBIxAQNzg6ln6BSFO/TcVmhHSlXA/CkT1De8VteHQ31zJdRsJ5XmjRWXWxMEcYjQZ94kx9emDv0JrlO 7jiNve8CPDPaY4p XPEVcgEB3dldVJBdcOMkeNYABQpm278oftFbyRQWkUqySLKZH0 MGCAIVAYjox1Zx1wPUZR3R8QhTgd/G80aOzXOlWdVY5tYwMKTk77VidACgPVK9rreSbh384iw8Msrky phWEMYCvv7rHmnY R8qZ7I8QtUveKTG5gHNuYlBMsY1LHbRkEb7jMjDPnmvL4Wplhw x5nCIMnx9B /0oE7b9xrtFacQ7PzkGGAtFKywCVNSmCZmTC 6ctyw2MfpeNdPxvtZbxyWWm5hKvccuTEqHCtbzYJw2w5gj3NYR YdliozywceLYJz5Y/jpVfxeHSzKIwM41EKo28dsVFzXwbZYS2sPHp7lbmDRcWSktzo8 c1JERl67HSqH6muC75OA2au3EIrtZpJ7hFaJGjbQpib3hpJbYx r/irPnsSQNKKoPiQNh 0 P8bNpaeWk46krj76OcHCtv7uOM2tpwBnd4XYLdSmB5EVpMM4VC pyfeVFHQ7HoaY74OKW95wWKRJIg4a3mESyIzLrQqU0jfbmeXhW Ho4B3VSM IH3Gn57NSNSD5g42J9fLrRzLi2DuHW1tLWW7mvYUM5VTHI8cZj ELSDJLNk6tWeg6eOase63tXaS/wAoWxnRGlvbqaLWQnMin6FNWMkaSSOuCK89SJg4NLRatNb13oc Xt7XhFvwwTpLOFtYiEIOFg0apHAPuKSmBnf3vQ47bjPay2juLM LcwlZJZI5CJUIVTC7qTg7DWiDfzrylIMCmKA9L8IltYeOXc4uY eXcWsT6ubHp5ivoZc564QN tWed8nZ20jZr G8WaSe4w0atGwRWRzkaST1UD61leKdApUDoUQo6SoKioUKAnp4 USSgvihDUSHZqzkdVvixkWgpo2OaStSYwacRqRQFBlX1sZAGUZ I2b5eBP4Uzf3SrCsCHJ1FpG8Cx2AHoAPx86sbRMqw8CNJ R/1xXOyJg48tq0w76YfLNd/pIWlKtORxZp9bMmtnNtHHhRTvmpk1gVxUea1IpaG0UUdChUqJN KjG9JNGnWmEqKLJxWkdguyUs7jQNAwCzHfCnpnyzXP9i zz3UqxqNsgsfr4 niT6Y8a9H8D4dHbRCNBgeJ8WbxJqL3dKl4xCtOzEaKF6nG5I/jFReJdi7dxsg1efT7flXSpLn0/H/Sm5Z06awCfXenxiZayztF2QES5C7Ab436/TpWcca4YfAbZ/RxivRXGpI9Jyw vj9azjjvAUcFoyB09Ppmovx68a45b9Y3cxhQV0jw38ftNP2s lGU Ix6Zz922PsrpuOdnCFJ3P2H8K40Agsp65H7aPZ2WXV6SLiIOuR jPltnHiT6VExjY05CxHzH8fZSrqI41YqsbrpGU2YkNRxTrUlEq 0wQFOUWKOlTgCjoqOkqE0KOhQEq1bwqRKoxuN6hgYOanMc71lf XXj5o0DRrSc0paQLFKUUS0pOtBnHn0AeuapZDuasL9t8eQqsc7 1rhNRy/LlbdJ1p1q4t13FU1m9WIuwprRgm3w3Wq 6G1SLm8B01Hnk2NFCkaipUnWkVKxqMmp1rAAwzjzx44H4Go9pE S2wOfSruwtDrVcglioPj1PTNTllpWMbJ3V8L5cPO04aT7h4CtB mkwMDc NU3BrflwooHQKMDbr/x 6pd1c /jOFA3I9SRuTTxmojK7qSurrgfLJP7qhSks2WiJx5lfDyWmbjia Lj843z2wPL9lRJb6RQoDhmcjAYb7 J6fwKezk/Fbx3ica7NEwH9kkfLbp9lUX8rR41JvjwH44PSrq LyuyjHu4HzJ8gen21TcQ4UnXIjkHmuQw 2pta4yK6biKyZz8ulZ72os9D616E/srsrq3dDlo8jxKnINU/am0zblhuMZ8yMeFB5TpxXMKsGHX9h8PUYq0CqULKMEAZUbjSeu PlVUynA WR8qciuNJyPIfupZTbOHWg8R0qN0qere7kdKrSfeNPG7KzQzQF EaMVRBRiipQqThNFR0KZpTCgDSiKTWTr0UtOLSAKWKAcWlx9aa Bp2OkaDcyZdvnUKTrTmrr8zTb1vHFfT0B2opW3puNqBaqRrs/A24qRM1QomwaXczZ6Ugbk60cQGd/ NIzTlumWFTVRdwXGnGgKC2d8AYUeJwMb9KtOzFsZLuBNyWkX7A etUsakAFh16fwP43rvO7DhhN7FKQdAjkkUnxIGPxrGetLdR2He V2taxWOOLAd9TE SjYAffWU3fbmdurt9D61fd7ReS6P5tzoA6bgrpBB8/srORFnqwHmPGttonUdQvbuYlc7gEEZP8ZrtbPtMJHViT7iDGD1 Zv3b/AG1j0kY8DWgdjeyN3LaSXYIRN9GobyBdiR5DO3rihX/VxxPtKY3GD6sdsk74quv 1IYhy rbdScnBrh MXT50sdwSDVaHNHdPcjWrHiUbYZZAAVOVJIz8hVfx9gY2VRjI3 9cjqKzmO6YeJrpeDX5lQxuckDY nlRfBLLXOSZAA f o 0Uh/Wpd7Fg49WI v8GmV3X9/4iltNSrXoV9M/x9MVDkT3jTtq2D60VzUzqj GCaFIzS6tIGlCk0oUHCaFDNCg080nFLIosVk7AFGKLFAUiLFCe TSpNGtOcvUjDxxkfSiFfOlQlJA3pYFGkZzW7jLdNqjYqdIMCoR plBCg1KC06LY4zS2ejNPWzYP0pphipfDcZJI8NvnSvhz1M6DJ6 n8fnWn91y45zEbCIAZ6 V6emAPvrOJGAUHOTnYY2261qPYWFhaQyE 68aZOevLaUMPQgaRWfxzdXl4sOJQI7GSRQFI6Ejou3vHw QriOOdmoJPehiZd/DfOenWtDazMpywBXwz/Hyqzs Dqg1aQPHzOPAZ8Nq34b/qOck8Zx2T7sUZ9V0SNiyJ5/2/Tpt61pXbC6FrZBEULlSAPBRjy8AB4elTIJ44hrkIXbK56lfP5V x3anjImzlsrgjH4VOtHjd1jXG7MszOMZzv65qqjGk7g12sUP5w jG4yMeY8vlSb3hAJBwAep8j6Gom2mWO7txUpydqm8JkIJP31cn haHOwXGx8R9nlSUtAuQNj5dR/G1FvRTG72iXwwN/Ejfy6/dvVSRjNWfEj4ep/ZVe67fhSxTkKN9vX99PTtlc1FUVJUjG9O lEOlUbpg0BVJFShSaUKDgqKjoqDWJoYpRFACsXYKjC0hHBJAqQ i0J3skQN/VP2VLtoiuS223SjjJ0nehO3u70tq1pTyxjVn1qaMYApm4gwoNR opyWAq/WHWNTr62zjFQY4d8GrSViMVDZcMTSmV0MsO9jltwBU61QFQp86 bU5FJSXH0pbtaTGTtO4zw1dGRjOPSqiyjAG5H0OanNel1IJqut Dg NVN6Z5yb3E4DxPhsB5EjIFd92DvsWMinJEMjjb q lzjzO5rP3YjJ6DOceuMZNdp2EwbC6HnI P1YoyPwowTdbaz2at/zIaTY9cEgkA7gFh1OMZq1jQSsQR7g6 Gf9K5rhfEk5ESB8e6CzHrv8/0iR18PsqS3aNBlY2zj16devid62x8Rnj3Waduba/juJJJncx6iqkqQpH6JVgdvlXIXHE3XYDWc7 9j7Nq07tjxozLyQVdmIyqsGIz8qzriNnokKkdD0yNhUZetMd67 TrS6DtGSMMBhvXpjPrV3coAA23Tz2qg4Sy7jbfxPpUmS60 6x RB2Pp86JTs2h3Pic dR qhvHAqTMd nWoguBkx P3GoqpOlZxFCBq9QPvqslb671eX0ZZMZwOp8/SqGbqcGnizzJjFSAuV2piJsHPr91Trdc/U5 WT0p5JxiNIvpTTD0xVvHEC NNHf2wxUzNf1XSmC56b0YWrrg1nkE1H4vEFIIq9omF1tW4oqkq ooUtq4JlwNJIPgSKZB1AipPGQOZqHRwG/YagBsHNTppctkxqUNT4n2zSHYNipNnEM486PSk4 H Gx65FXOzECui49whUTA8MfhXNGTluMeBzV/cXzTISfHG3ypSLyu/HO3G66RVbZ2xEm9dLHwthuRtjP0qFNIurIGfAetPCW9FnrqhJb kkHwqPPYktnUtHJck9TTZlrox DGeoy TZcdqQMahTfsZ394URkpLS VX9WETctzRyK0wMFxTltbBd9QP24HrUbX50Qc9TSvx4FyO38gI 65A3 Z8/lXT93d8Ck8fiGWQfUaT9Nh9tcJcXBztUrs/fGGcSeAB1gf1fH9h lYzGSpt26W54/LCWi JRsOucA5G9QGup58BToXyBO/qfOr/j3Bg4SZNwwG9QuH28qgxiPcnG/8dPWs8sbPHb8fyYZd5KEW2lvdlwd8kgjH1BpltaHZ9XyJ/bXU3HZd8DJUeJ6jJ8cZ6 P2VTT2WjIpas9PLPC IKcRI67fx6VKl4uzDT4eG SD55NR5LQ4Oab9kI3p7ZzSSeIMcZOcZ pltEMFz1x19OpqHa2e T0p3i1xoiIzuw0geh6/d NE7pZZSTpW3vFdS6VBGepP4CqwGio61k05bbTyNU 0XZmH6OP3kfZ FVgNWVupxjpq/d41GUVj6sEUlmOKZvnIWpsLAK5qtmnDKRmsp66r1Nfq04ccQ58 6rLl9XXfBqdaHEWPSqLmHUQPM1eM2jO6kh/FCmyTQp6RsbykgDypnXThcURwauxlMhCU1IhuCN6jUFOTU6abW MEmp8mui4cQWC FcpbE6sVa2PEOWxb rv8AXw iTdVM9RddsL8Rn2dDvtzCPDxCj8TXKmSmGmLuzMckkkn1J3pLv vXRjNMbdpAbNKIyP21Hh8TS9eKoh68HBpRP0pDkMMHajU4GGOc eXiKVoGFpm7mwMCnHnAG37Krzlmx1JNRaAjX9I9B958qm8Lh1a yT4Y 3/hTEidQPhTb5nxNWHBAND/P8BUpdpwvimIQp FgD/ZYbH6ZFW8MyRgyAKTglehwSep36VwVjd6coTgEnB/jzqUbxhsDtUTLXVa633HR3N4Hyzls48SM5z0AxsOtUF1JqO/8Ar9aaN7nqTn1NJa5XzpW7VOhqPOiaHxqPNdr0z9lR5uIHG2w8 z1qVbTpp1jXU32furmry6aRtR g8APKhdXGr OtR60xmmWeWwoxRUKpBYNS0l8airg9dj91O6SKViokPee6RUBH IojRUSSDLK1cQXnuH5VC4eff3piNsA0cQIIpcdbVc7df46dbUY o6hrdkDFCsdVtyig1UavSKFdDlSFbNHE2DUcGvQvcM4g4ZJM 3NvURT56zDCv8A bEUtHthKSAEGl3kgydJzny/ZXojsNw1V4px2JlyjvbMQehE6Tu326zT89gbe64Bbk5MS3MWfP l2JXP3USaPl08zwv8AF50ktXpjt3J7Tw3iyzKrezyMsR07rogg lU5/ranbfy2rm/yfjJ/J99ydPN5h5ev4eZyRo1Y8M4zV76SxNWAAGRQ1Dzr0NwsXF3w7i ttecsXAmkVxFnQMwxOujO/XP1ro5rzPG4oc/Bw2d8f/ADLq3X/dU YeUnaiU16Z7MPdnjN37YIgwtIxFys4MHtE2gvk/Hu2fpXJ98XCvZODWtuPhS fR6RsLpox9FZaVyDD5T5Uq190M3jjA Zr0D3V9q534NcuRHmyiZIcKcEQ2 peYNXvHI3xirLsUZuIcKDkosr3yzN8Sp Zvo5XC9SPdjIHrjfxqQ83NgR48TuRVlwwKItyM51EeQyfi8unj XpWD/r6X/uyH/xMtZP27e7PEv56IhKBbhOTnTyefIY85JOvOrPh0okLTgbqZTn3 h P8f60zbXm2lj08f316V7wpbwS2gjEXsjXdkJic83X7ZEU0b4xk LnPrU25/844l/c7f/ZuqVm1S6eX3uF86iSXAr1F2X4UJuH8Ik/St47eQeoNsYmX5Ykz qKjcC4atynGrZjgS3k0efLXbQgMPUHB lTMIrnXmJpz4CmHJO5zXqO/4qbfjPD4W2E9nLCwzsHUq6n13Qr tWdd cq21vw/hUZ92KPmOPUDlxn/O 2qkkTbax8igFPlXrPsYZv5O4UIwChiiE cbQ ySYIyf 1EQ2z18s1F7NLItlejh4i5gvbsQh88rPO3B0/o/FjHpTJ5W0nypUUTMQqgsT0ABJPyAr1P2Ae5PDEIMYnN5MZc50Y PEH9oC/qczT64qBwW6tF45xGKMpFcyQwCMsmkmQK5l0BgNXWFiB8WknfG aA8zyxspKsCpHUEEEfMGnnjePGpWXUMjUpGR5jPUV6EulkuOOc PivbMJJBFO/NyskdwQi6WU6BjQ4LAEZUsNh4zO8L c8J4gZgGMFy3KOkZTlyRgaTjrgsCeuGNAebWQHpsfKmSuK9mzc JBvYrsYytvNC3mRJJC6/QGNv8VeQLh/fcEZGtv8AaNM0a3G9OP1pQiH6J njRSbVF9VJ0lh6FQBNQqeJ8jFChQrRmFbd2I7f8Os E21vI6STLOrSRtFKQgN1q5obQVLImHGDnKjG9YjQoDfuJd4fDl l4nNBde/cWUCwnkzjVcRLdKF3j2xqh3OB73XY4c4t3mcNmvOF3HtGFhNw0/wCam/NmW2KKPg973zj3c/ZWBs/u00KA3rtf2/4WbG/jt7lppbtiwXkzJhmjji J0A0hYweuaoO6PtNY21jd215O0JnLAFYpXOh4tBYFEYAjfrWUB MsB9KnSbbCqmOw1nu37VcN4dcX8Ru3e1k9nMEkkUzM5CNzcqse RuwG4Hwiptr3h2H8vS3jTkW3sIgSTlTHU/NjkK6Amofp7kY2rFia6Ds32Hvr NprWFXRXMZJkRPfCqxGGI8GG9O4yBoPZ/tNwizvbuaO kdLmEks8M 0zSuxjUCIEKAwO/n1qq7zu3dtf8KtIkl1XSvE8yaJF0sIJFc6mUKRrYdCetcbP2Jv 0uksmtmE7jUi6kIK75cSA6dIwcnO1Pdo 7jiFoYudEumWRY1ZHVl5jnCox/R Z29aih0ndp2ptLfhXELaaUrLMJeWojlfVqg0D3kUqvvbbkVZdk u21lFweO2ecrMLyGRkEcxxGt/FKx1KhU/m1Y4znw67VyvFO7riVpBqktx7zpH7skbktIwRFVVOSSSB9aXxX u34laW3PltxoRdUmiRHZB4llHgPHTnHypX/AAq0mPvH4YOLyXRucQtYxwhuTcbyLPI5XTy9XwsDnGN6zXtPcW cVyrWtxJNA7xSNJJG6EPz3aRVBRSyhQh6H4uvhUW57v IF7aPkANdB2h/OR4YJHzDk5wp074PXfyp8d3HE5wuiFSBJLDvNEPzsLOsg LoDGwz449acDoO8zt1aT8RsLq2lM0du0byAJInwTB8ASKuTgV2 vGe8XhaxXV1Fdc2S4gWJIRG4fXGJQNWR7oJk3JwMLtnIrIeNd3 F/ZRG4uYVWJSoJEkbbsQF2Bz1NQrvsrd wjiJjHsxOz60znmGP4M6viGKDa12d7z7CCPhkZuDiO1MNz bmxG4iiKk 57/vRlfdz8XlvUW37ybGFOIulwTJJfLPAojmHMRRb JTC55bjDEVnHZ7u34jewLcW8KtGxYAmSNSSpKnZjnqDUThPYi9 uLZ7uKIGFHKMS6KQw05GknP6QoDvu8PttY3PFOGXMFxqigljaV uXKuhROjE6WQFvdB6A1yne/x63veIGe2k5kfKjUNpdN1zkYcA PlUa67uOIpcx2ZgzNKpdQrowCKcF2YHCgHz9PMUOPd3HELR4Ul hH5 RIo3V1ZDK5wqFv0T88dD5GgOo7Y9tLaXgdjaW9y3tERg5qKsqY VIJFcFyoVhqKjAJqf2F7U8MHBW4feXjQO7yatEUzMqlwwIZY2X wrkP avifMki5Ka440lcc6LZJDIFOdW 8T7enrXFUBt/CO2nDIOGx2a3ZZor N11RTajBHxNZhIxEeM8ldeOvhjO1SZ 2fBrjic7zNG8ctvAsNw9ux5U0ZlzjWmpD76nUAB7g32FYPR0Bv vF 8uxiu GgXDXK26yJcThG31wiPX/wC8SwDtpzsMbmmu3/bfh68Pube3uRPJdy68KjARq7ozaifIKRjrkjasIFHgUB6Sh72 Gi kJuj7O1tCFbkz4EySz6108vVko8ZzjHu15yncF2I6FmI RJpqgTTBxWp/UGGD9vjUUGlBqZlm1PgRQow1CkaLQoUKSQoUKFAHmgKKjFASrN dy3kPvpRNJVsLimy9XLoFlq2Xuxcjs5xNgSCHuSCCQQRbRYII6 GsV1V3nYTvHSws5rOSyFyksju2qbQCroiFCvLbI9zz8aWVDeLw f9NW39xuv8 2rnuLf9V/8A1d//AOy9Zxe98sz8QhvVtlVIoniMXMLF1kIZsyaRg5VCPd20 NPdqe9ITQxRQWnJhFwty4aTU0jiYzso29wGQls7/ICpDtO9y7jhvLSVZ53uke2aOyTWY5lWdjqwFI5hOQN8 6Nqk9tI5bqxu7qxmkgZoT7Xa3EIVyixEFSrrrik5fQqSrYGOuq s 7Td7KXemReGRR3MbwtFcNIJHTkzCUL/AESnSSGBAYfEanca74VlguFiseVPcx8uWQy61A0FAwXSMkKxx0 6 NAbHwi0jkhsGb44Y45U/WtmhP0xKfurAON9qLoX0tmsxSJOKTuAmVbL3DqwLg5KkM23rVt B3yPFLbSCz92C2e3ZfaD c1ckh88v3SDD0wfiO9cRNxMTXMt1oAL3Dz6M5wWlMmjXjwzjOP pRsNP8AygJW9ot4 YwjMDMy6iELCTYsucEimuIY/wCR6Y6a9vl7a9cV3k9szxSWKT2fk8uMrgS83OW1ZzoXFWnZ3vS it Hx8Pm4alzGmrJkmAViZGkBMZiYbFvPwpT0Nb7s42g4ZwyJVYiQ OzkKSFWRJpgXI EaioGfQVUdnbPk8M4nFjATiNyo/siSLT92K4nh/fJJDHZRR2hCWyKjjn/06pAYgGxF7nvYfx3AFFw3vfVZbsTWOq3uZRLyxL7yPy40b3tI1 gmNT0XBJ60w151/6cQ//DZPvuo/3VynEYLgW1oefbyW/wDKduwCwyCUM18SymUylSVYsp9wdK4Nu Cb VBf zryxCbfk6znlF9ZbXjGvUAc4xgY9ac4x3upJGkMVhy447qK5X8 8cnRMJnVhoO7Pq3ztq6HFAbpNHD7RdMrkzm1hEi/orEGueUw26ljKDufhGw8fG1a9/wA9v84nn9g/poIYdPtHw8pp21Z5W ef0wPh677ZFigCoUdXfBOzpuE1iVE9/QAwckkmNR8IOBqlQb vlQFJR5rql7ESZANxEMpEw/pCMSB26hfARsc9DtQPYaYLkyxf0ZkwNbHGM C4xjbV0B2oDlc0VdbJ2DlDcvnw6sqAPzgBy0ak6tOwHMB9RuKb PYmTLjnRkpHJI2A yxsV8R1JB28MUBy9DNdTf9i3j5jc5dCGTBKSBmCM6jAxgklDkA nGpM/FSLbsVK6qebGpKM7KwcMmlYzpYaev5wZx0wfLFAc3qoVM47w8W 87whtYXGGK6chlDA48t/rRUBAoUKFAChQoUAKMUVCgJEtNmjoUwSaTQoUgAqZxHw VChTIxBTzUdCs76m mZakWXRvl 2ioU/4qHJOhqDQoUYmkmmmoqFOkSelN0KFMBR0KFBgKBoUKYDFOwXck eoJI6BhpbSxXUp/RbHUehoUKAYo6KhSAzRUKFAKoUKFAf//Z (https://memegenerator.net/instance/80508444/not-sure-joker-when-you-make-a-joke-and-even-the-funny-person-doesnt-laugh)

fmftballmgr
October 1st, 2019, 05:23 PM
My prediction for Murray State is that they win their next two games, but lose their last five to finish (4-8)(2-6 OVC). EIU's defense has shown signs of being good, but their offense has really struggled. Tennessee State barely beat a SWAC school and then turned around and lost to 2 SWAC schools after that. They are just awful this year.

I have serious doubts that Murray State can win road games at JSU and SEMO. I also think Austin Peay will be too much, even in Murray, KY. If Murray State can win any of their last five my guess is that TN Tech or EKU would be the most likely victim and I'm not too high on either upset occurring right now.

That may be enough to force a change Mitch is a good guy but the results are not there. He got extended last year cause we did not have a full time president or AD at the time. And now with a new AD in place and wanting to improve the football team. Hopefully he has took some of the 900K we got for our two FBS games this year and set it back for his buy out. And the new AD was the assistant at Kentucky last year he hopefully has some good contacts to call upon.

mvfcfan
October 6th, 2019, 11:59 AM
My Week 7 Rankings and mid-season review:

As an intro there were quite a few changes this week and since I have time I will go into detail with each team this week. Note that I have no intention of doing this each week. As far as playoffs are concerned I think 8-4 in the MVFC will get you into the playoffs. UNI could maybe get in with a 7-5 record due to their 3OT loss to IAST and since they played a top 10 FCS opponent on the road. In the OVC I think 9 wins is a must, especially for SEMO, to make the playoffs. 8 wins is definite bubble territory in the OVC.

Color Codes:
Green- playoff bid likely
Blue- in the hunt
Orange- playoff bid not likely
Red- will not make the playoffs

Playoff bid predictions per conference (my picks for most likely teams to receive invites in parenthesis):
MVFC: 3-4 bids (NDSU, SDSU, YSU, UNI)
OVC: 1-2 bids (APSU, JSU)

1) NDSU- The Bison are quite simply on another level than everyone else. It doesn't seem to matter who their coach is or which players they lose, they just reload no matter what. If anyone beats them this year it will be without question an upset. I still believe that SDSU has the best chance to make the upset, but it will be an uphill battle for sure. At this point it's starting to look like NDSU might be on their way to home field advantage throughout the playoffs; and more than likely will bring home another national championship.
2) SDSU- The Salukis had SDSU on the ropes in the first half, but then the Jackrabbits outscored them 19-0 in the second half to avoid the upset. I still believe SDSU is a really good team and I would be surprised if they can't at least make it to the FCS semifinals.
3) UNI- Thanks to the dropped pass by YSU they were able to escape with the win. This was almost a must win for UNI to stay in the playoff hunt. After next weekend's game, barring a major upset, they will be 3-3. Four of their last six games are very winnable. Road games at ILST and SDSU appear to be the biggest challenges. UNI might be able to squeak in the field with a 7-5 record, but finishing 8-4 would be the preferred route.
4) YSU- Youngstown State faced their first real challenge of the year after playing a relatively easy non-conference schedule. Let's admit that anything less than a 4-0 start would have been a disappointment. They played UNI tough, but just didn't quite have what it took to make the upset. Now they turn around and go back to Youngstown to play SDSU. I think YSU can make the playoffs if they can go 4-4 in MVFC play. While I'm not going to call the SDSU game a "must win", I think avoiding an 0-2 start would be preferable and it would give them a "good" win.
5) ILST- The Redbirds can't seem to move the ball in the air and they were completely embarrassed by the Bison. Their upcoming game in Carbondale will not be easy and I think it is a "must win" for their playoff hopes. However even if they go beat SIU, I'm just not convinced this team will have what it takes to make the playoffs unless they can get their passing game going. They have the best RB in the league, but when you take him out of the game they have no offense.
6) APSU- Austin Peay has looked like the best team in the OVC so far this season. They host SEMO their next game and a win against them makes them the team to beat.
7) SEMO- They survived OT against Tennessee Tech in what felt like a must win game for SEMO. Their last 5 games of the season are all must wins at this point. They also need to beat either APSU or Jax St to stay alive. I think a 9-3 season is a must for them to make the playoffs, since their game against WV St doesn't really count.
8) JSU- I'm not sure what is actually going on in Alabama. I think this team is talented, but they just can't seem to play consistent. Trailing 17-0 to TN State was not what anyone was expecting. Nevertheless they are still 4-2. If they can finish the season 5-1 they should still make the playoffs if they can't get the auto-bid. However a home game against SEMO and two road games against TTU and UTM might pose a tough challenge for this team.
9) TTU- They came oh so close to upsetting SEMO and starting off the season 5-1. The good news for the Eagles however is that four of their last six games are in Cookesville. The bad news is that UTM, APSU, and JSU are still all on the schedule, but they do get to host all three. I'm not sure if they will be able to make the playoffs or not, but they are much improved over last season.
10) SIU- This team has looked better than I expected them to look this season. I do not think they have a chance of making the playoffs this year. I do think that a 5-3 or 4-4 record in MVFC play is a real possibility.
11) UTM- As luck would have it they are in sole possession of first place in the OVC thanks to APSU and SEMO only playing one conference game so far. They have a big game against TTU this coming up weeked. A win would give them an excellent chance at a 4-0 start. However then there's three straight games against SEMO, JSU, and APSU. Then their last game of the season is at FBS Kentucky. I don't like their chances of making the playoffs.
12) USD- The Coyotes looked like a completely different team this past weekend beating INST 38-0. They are a tough team to figure out, but anyone from spots 12 and below are basically not even in the playoff hunt anymore unless something crazy happens.
13) INST- A simplistic offense and a below average defense are not the recipe of winning. While most thought the MSU-WIU game was the battle for last place in the MVFC, the INST-WIU game this coming up weekend might actually end up being the real game that determines who will finish last in the MVFC. Losing Ryan Boyle is going to hurt this team the remainder of the year.
14) EKU- I really thought EKU would be a good team this season, but so far they just have not lived up to the hype. They look like a middle of the road OVC team.
15) MUSU- The Racers survived by half a yard against the Panthers. Murray State showed signs of promise early in the season, but they are looking like a lower tier OVC school this season.
16) MOSU- I kept questioning whether MOSU or WIU was the worse team for weeks now. Apparently it was a pretty good question considering it took 3OT's to figure out. MOSU won on the road, so I guess that confirms that MOSU is ranked one spot ahead of WIU.
17) WIU- I hate to break the news, but if WIU can't win at Indiana State this coming up weekend, they probably won't win a game this season.
18) EIU- EIU's loss to Murray St was heartbreaking. They have been improving, but their best chance to win a game this year will be at Tennessee State on November 9th.
19) TSU- The Tigers looked like they might be able to beat JSU yesterday and took a very surprising 17-0 lead early. Regardless of the loss it was a pretty good performance for this team. They still get to host Murray St and Eastern Illinois this season, so they could potentially win another game or two.

fmftballmgr
October 7th, 2019, 10:00 AM
Yea, that was a painful game to watch. My racers again played undisciplined, had 5 fumbles, more roughing the punter, passer penalties etc. Same offense we ran for 5 years. lots of frustrated boosters and former players. Will be lucky to win again this year. because last year at the time we did not have a full time president or ad so they extended him 3 more years. So we are watching to see what happens now that we have both a new president. Hopefully they pull the trigger and go a new direction.

mvfcfan
October 9th, 2019, 07:03 PM
I picked Murray State to beat TN State in my notebook. I just don't have much respect for them after losing to 2 SWAC schools. The SWAC is just awful every year. I was mildly impressed with their showing against JSU, but I also feel like that is more of a reflection on JSU than anything.

fmftballmgr
October 10th, 2019, 09:04 AM
we ave shown some flashes of hey they get it, but then follow it up with a dumb penalty that gives a team a drive extending play and they go on to score on that drive. So it is a toss up.

Yote 53
October 10th, 2019, 09:11 AM
My Week 7 Rankings and mid-season review:

12) USD- The Coyotes looked like a completely different team this past weekend beating INST 38-0. They are a tough team to figure out, but anyone from spots 12 and below are basically not even in the playoff hunt anymore unless something crazy happens.

USD won't need anything crazy to happen if we just win the games on our schedule in front of us. Admittedly, tall task, but we won't need any help or some crazy other results. We could even drop 2 in conference, go 6-2, 7-5 overall, and still be on the bubble for a playoff spot. Not saying that will happen, but it could. The team seems to have figured some things out after some early season struggles.

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 10th, 2019, 10:38 AM
USD won't need anything crazy to happen if we just win the games on our schedule in front of us. Admittedly, tall task, but we won't need any help or some crazy other results. We could even drop 2 in conference, go 6-2, 7-5 overall, and still be on the bubble for a playoff spot. Not saying that will happen, but it could. The team seems to have figured some things out after some early season struggles.

USD needs to prove it against an upper echelon Valley team. Beating Ind State is not too impressive. Beat NDSU/SDSU/UNI/YSU/Ill State and then minds might change.

mvfcfan
October 11th, 2019, 07:00 AM
My "something crazy" comment was basically saying those teams would have to turn around and start winning almost all of their games starting now. If USD went 6-2 in MVFC play after starting off 1-3 that would be a pretty big turnaround. Even at that it's possible they still wouldn't make the playoffs. At 7-5 you would need stuff outside of USD's control to happen as well (other bubble teams to lose, hoping the committee would give an MVFC team the benefit of the doubt, etc).

If South Dakota wants any chance of making it I think their game @UNI next weekend is 100% a "must win". UNI will likely be a bubble team as well and a Coyote win there would likely put USD ahead of UNI in the committee's eyes if both schools were on the bubble at the end of the season (see UNI/INST last season).

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 11th, 2019, 07:12 AM
My "something crazy" comment was basically saying those teams would have to turn around and start winning almost all of their games starting now. If USD went 6-2 in MVFC play after starting off 1-3 that would be a pretty big turnaround. Even at that it's possible they still wouldn't make the playoffs. At 7-5 you would need stuff outside of USD's control to happen as well (other bubble teams to lose, hoping the committee would give an MVFC team the benefit of the doubt, etc).

If South Dakota wants any chance of making it I think their game @UNI next weekend is 100% a "must win". UNI will likely be a bubble team as well and a Coyote win there would likely put USD ahead of UNI in the committee's eyes if both schools were on the bubble at the end of the season (see UNI/INST last season).

With who USD has on their schedule the remaining games, the likelihood they go 6-2 in conference play is probably zero.

UNI's defense will shut down that offense. But I agree that UNI is a must win for them if they have any hopes of the playoffs.

F'N Hawks
October 11th, 2019, 09:01 AM
USD needs to prove it against an upper echelon Valley team. Beating Ind State is not too impressive. Beat NDSU/SDSU/UNI/YSU/Ill State and then minds might change.

I was gonna say....uhh...6-2 in the conference? Struggling with Northern Colorado and beating Indiana State at home - may want to pump the brakes a bit on the playoff talk. They may have 'figured things out" based on the fact they played UNC and ISUB?

mvfcfan
October 13th, 2019, 06:33 AM
My Week 8 Rankings

1) NDSU
2) SDSU
3) YSU
4) ILST
5) APSU
6) UNI
7) UTM
8) SEMO
9) JSU
10) TTU
11) USD
12) SIU
13) INST
14) EKU
15) MUSU
16) MOSU
17) WIU
18) EIU
19) TSU

NOTES:

* No changes in the top 2. SDSU had to go on a 22-0 run to take the lead from YSU, but they won and remain in 2nd.
* YSU, ILST, and APSU jumped UNI. UNI is 3-3 and I can't continue to reward them for losing, even to good teams. APSU has looked strong beating Jax St and SEMO (both were ranked in last week's STATS Top 25).
* UTM looked really good against TTU. I'm not sure whether that game was a fluke or not (TTU looking that bad), but UTM is now 3-0 in the OVC and will likely be 4-0 after their game against EIU. UTM jumped from 11th to 7th.
* SEMO remains ahead of JSU by one spot. They play each other this next weekend, so we will find out who is better.
* The spot for 11th was a toss up between TTU and USD. I decided to go with TTU since they have the better overall record. USD has looked a lot better the past 2 weeks, but INST and MOSU are also bottom tier MVFC teams this season.
* SIU dropped to 12th after their loss.
* Spots 13-19 stayed the same. INST beat WIU; and MUSU beat TSU, but it didn't affect any of those team's rankings. Everyone else lost or in EKU's case had a bye week.

MarkG87
October 13th, 2019, 08:21 AM
9) TTU- They came oh so close to upsetting SEMO and starting off the season 5-1. The good news for the Eagles however is that four of their last six games are in Cookesville. The bad news is that UTM, APSU, and JSU are still all on the schedule, but they do get to host all three. I'm not sure if they will be able to make the playoffs or not, but they are much improved over last season.

FYI, No "s" in Cookeville.

RabidRabbit
October 13th, 2019, 03:42 PM

Two words for ya, ST - South Dakota xsmiley_wix

Whether State or U. Summit will likely be a South Dakota team. Hope WIU plays great also. Would love to see 3 Summit teams to the NCAAs.

RabidRabbit
October 13th, 2019, 03:56 PM
My Week 8 Rankings

1) NDSU
2) SDSU
3) YSU
4) ILST
5) APSU
6) UNI
7) UTM
8) SEMO
9) JSU
10) TTU
11) USD
12) SIU
13) INST
14) EKU
15) MUSU
16) MOSU
17) WIU
18) EIU
19) TSU

NOTES:

* No changes in the top 2. SDSU had to go on a 22-0 run to take the lead from YSU, but they won and remain in 2nd.
* YSU, ILST, and APSU jumped UNI. UNI is 3-3 and I can't continue to reward them for losing, even to good teams. APSU has looked strong beating Jax St and SEMO (both were ranked in last week's STATS Top 25).
* UTM looked really good against TTU. I'm not sure whether that game was a fluke or not (TTU looking that bad), but UTM is now 3-0 in the OVC and will likely be 4-0 after their game against EIU. UTM jumped from 11th to 7th.
* SEMO remains ahead of JSU by one spot. They play each other this next weekend, so we will find out who is better.
* The spot for 11th was a toss up between TTU and USD. I decided to go with TTU since they have the better overall record. USD has looked a lot better the past 2 weeks, but INST and MOSU are also bottom tier MVFC teams this season.
* SIU dropped to 12th after their loss.
* Spots 13-19 stayed the same. INST beat WIU; and MUSU beat TSU, but it didn't affect any of those team's rankings. Everyone else lost or in EKU's case had a bye week.

In the MVFC, there's the top two, IMHO, they don't lose a game in conference except a ____ Dakota State. Two weeks til that game.
UNI, IL St, and YSU should round robin on each other, and UNI already has 1 blood in that with win over YSU. So this week, I'd put these three - UNI, IL St, YSU
USD appears to be the best of the rest, altho SIU may have something to say about that.
MoSt and InSU need to work ou't their order. WIU - you've had your best chances for a W the last two weeks. Think it'll be an 0-12 year in Macomb. Shame for what has typically been a competitive team, with several play-off appearances this decade.

In the OVC, really surprised by A. Peay. This may be their year.

ST_Lawson
October 13th, 2019, 06:10 PM
Two words for ya, ST - South Dakota xsmiley_wix

Whether State or U. Summit will likely be a South Dakota team. Hope WIU plays great also. Would love to see 3 Summit teams to the NCAAs.

Oh, I'm well aware of the southern Dakota schools success on the court. I just meant that women's basketball is currently the only major sport for us where I don't feel like we're going to routinely embarrassed. We should finish in the top half of the conference, and if luck goes our way, could find ourselves playing in a postseason tournament of some variety.

I don't hold out that kind of hope for our men's basketball team, and as I've mentioned elsewhere, a win in football this season would be a pretty big surprise.

fmftballmgr
October 14th, 2019, 09:29 AM
I did not go across town to watch MSU /Tsu to be honest I had had enough of dealing with Nashville traffic all week, did not feel like messing with on Saturday. But we still had some bad mistakes and coaches stubbornness to develop a go to running back in maddening. We play EKU for homecoming this week so hopefully that will help the guys a little. In the past couple of year we beat teams we should not have (semo last year) but then turn around the following week and lose to teams we should not (TTU last year)

Seeing how well UTM has played in conference so far make me wonder were we that bad when we played them or were they that much better, I think the answer lies in between.

mvfcfan
October 20th, 2019, 07:42 AM
My WEEK 9 Rankings

1 NDSU
2 SDSU
3 ILST
4 UNI
5 UTM
6 APSU
7 SEMO
8 JSU
9 SIU
10 YSU
11 TTU
12 USD
13 EKU
14 MUSU
15 INST
16 TSU
17 MOSU
18 WIU
19 EIU

YSU dropped 7 spots. I think the teams above them probabaly could have went 4-0 with their soft non-conf schedule. At 0-3 in MVFC play it is clear they were just way overrated in my previous polls.

I didn't want to rank UTM 5th but I felt like they deserved it over the other teams. They have played extremely well the past 4 weeks. UTM plays at SEMO next so we will soon find out how good they really are.

I wanted to drop APSU more than 1 spot but they beat SEMO and JSU in head to head matches. I think the TSU game was a little bit of a fluke and APSU had tons of chances to win it. I will be keeping an eye on the Govs however in future weeks.

Redbird 4th & short
October 20th, 2019, 10:01 AM
Not sure why you have my ISUr ahead of UNI ... we are still struggling though our 5-2 record is exactly what anyone could have expected ... just not getting the quality wins we would have expected. Defensively, we are showing some dominance but still a little sloppy compared to last year. Offensively, we just dont like to throw the ball when game is close .. starting to think Spack is obsessed with his QB not losing game to point of hurting our pass game. It works against weaker teams, not against top tier teams. In MVFC, that means 6-5 more often than not.

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 20th, 2019, 10:07 AM
Not sure why you have my ISUr ahead of UNI ... we are still struggling though our 5-2 record is exactly what anyone could have expected ... just not getting the quality wins we would have expected. Defensively, we are showing some dominance but still a little sloppy compared to last year. Offensively, we just dont like to throw the ball when game is close .. starting to think Spack is obsessed with his QB not losing game to point of hurting our pass game. It works against weaker teams, not against top tier teams. In MVFC, that means 6-5 more often than not.

The Redbirds still have plenty of opportunity to prove they are a quality playoff team.

Two home games in a row now, Ind State and UNI. At SDSU also.

If Davis can play consistently, Ill State is a tough out for any team.

POD Knows
October 20th, 2019, 11:40 AM
The Redbirds still have plenty of opportunity to prove they are a quality playoff team.

SDSU plays the top MVFC all at home this year, UNI, NDSU, ISUr, they also had SIU at home who is looking to maybe be a tough out. The stars are aligned for SDSU this year, very soft OOC schedule (yea, the Gophers, big deal) and virtually all of the tough MVFC games at home. This is the year for SDSU #BOOKIT

mvfcfan
October 20th, 2019, 12:27 PM
I picked SDSU to win the conference just because of their schedule. I am sticking to that prediction and will pick the Bunnies in this week's pickem challenge.

As for ILST I have them 3rd over UNI due to their record. It is a toss up so I gave the edge to ILST.

fmftballmgr
October 21st, 2019, 10:58 AM
Win some on a last second defensive stop and lose some on a last second defensive stop. Did not really play great till the 4th quarter. Again some bad play calling got us early. If they would get rid of that damn swing pass where the receiver steps behind the los to catch it that they have ran for 5 years and everybody knows it is coming. Good things happen when we do a vertical passing game but they don't want to use that till we are down a whole lot. EKU - Murray game was chippy Penalties for game were EKU 8-114 MSU 9-57 we would have had a lot more if our 3 unsportsmenlike penalties on one drive were not have the distance. We have the players that could contend just not being put in right positions to do so.

Redbird 4th & short
October 21st, 2019, 12:26 PM

100% agreed ... BUT .... we're just not clicking at all on offense and our defense, while dominating in sacks and red zone, is not as stout as last year.

Our defensive rankings were very strong a year ago (very close to NDSU levels) in every phase except sacks and TFLs. This year, we're not nearly as dominant except for sacks and red zone ... # 1 in FCS in both. I'm beginning to think we're getting a little sack happy and not maintaining assigment and gap discipline as well as we did a year ago.

Offensively, we just can't establish a pass game. And we tend to get evebn more conservative when things aren't going well and we're clinging to a smaller lead. Teams know they can stack the box to contain Robinson, and we still won't throw much more ... except for NAU game. I just wish we would throw more ... one to keep the defenses more honest, but two ... we need to develop our pass game and our very young receiver group. Can't do that running 45 times and passing 17 times like we did against WIU. Davis looked good early, but we just just kept running .. only had 3 sustained drives all game .. so it's not like we were having lot of success running.

Just not where I thought we'd be by now. Still believe in our defense, but we have to shore some things up on both side of ball .. and we have to change our mindset about our pass game ... or we're looking at 7-5 this year and more 6-5 seasons therafter.

mvfcfan
October 27th, 2019, 06:15 AM
My WEEK 10 Rankings

1 NDSU
2 SDSU
3 ILST
4 UNI
5 APSU
6 SEMO
7 UTM
8 JSU
9 SIU
10 YSU
11 USD
12 EKU
13 TTU
14 MUSU
15 INST
16 TSU
17 MOSU
18 WIU
19 EIU

Not much changed this week. APSU is once again my top team in the OVC after UTM lost. JSU continues to struggle and should have lost to Murray St. TN Tech went from looking good to looking bad. Not sure what happened there.

In the MVFC all of the teams remained in the same order. At this point NDSU could lose to YSU or SIU and they would still be #1 in my rankings. UNI plays at ILST this coming up week to determine who the real #3 team is.

fmftballmgr
October 27th, 2019, 09:37 AM
This is what Racers fans have been dealing with for 5 years a lot of could’ve, should’ve , would’ve but hey they played hard. If the program is going to grow we got to win these games

mvfcfan
October 27th, 2019, 10:11 AM
This is what Racers fans have been dealing with for 5 years a lot of could’ve, should’ve , would’ve but hey they played hard. If the program is going to grow we got to win these games

I felt bad for the Racers. I didn't watch the game, but I heard that the Racers lost because of a missed FG at the end. I also heard that John Grass went out and talked to the kicker after the game. A lot of JSU fans don't like Grass but they all agreed that it was a very classy move. I personally like Grass and think he gets gets treated unfairly by their fan base. You can't win every game every year. Sometimes you just have down years.

CockyGeek
October 27th, 2019, 10:24 AM
Grass is just straight up oblivious to the program being on a decline. His post game interviews are infuriating. He acts like OVC bottom feeders are NFL teams. If we were to face a decent team right now, we would lose by 40+ points. The same four offensive plays year after year, the same zone defense that's so easy to beat, and still hasn't found a single kid on the planet who can kick a field goal.

And he's still talking about PLAYOFFS.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

fmftballmgr
October 27th, 2019, 10:47 AM
I felt bad for the Racers. I didn't watch the game, but I heard that the Racers lost because of a missed FG at the end. I also heard that John Grass went out and talked to the kicker after the game. A lot of JSU fans don't like Grass but they all agreed that it was a very classy move. I personally like Grass and think he gets gets treated unfairly by their fan base. You can't win every game every year. Sometimes you just have down years.

But Grass also called two timeouts before the kick.

He missed 3 fg’s should not have came down to a 53 yard attempt
Kid can kick the crap out of it. Where it is going is a different story.
The kid is a freshman who was expected to redshirt but got thrown into the job when our preseason all ovc kicker broke his toe messing around in the locker room

skinny_uncle
October 27th, 2019, 04:19 PM
My WEEK 10 Rankings

1 NDSU
2 SDSU
3 ILST
4 UNI
5 APSU
6 SEMO
7 UTM
8 JSU
9 SIU
10 YSU
11 USD
12 EKU
13 TTU
14 MUSU
15 INST
16 TSU
17 MOSU
18 WIU
19 EIU

Not much changed this week. APSU is once again my top team in the OVC after UTM lost. JSU continues to struggle and should have lost to Murray St. TN Tech went from looking good to looking bad. Not sure what happened there.

In the MVFC all of the teams remained in the same order. At this point NDSU could lose to YSU or SIU and they would still be #1 in my rankings. UNI plays at ILST this coming up week to determine who the real #3 team is.

Why do you have Martin 2 spots ahead of SIU? When they played each other, the Salukis won by two TDs.

mvfcfan
November 3rd, 2019, 07:43 AM
To answer the question above. Martin seemed to really improve after the SIU game while SIU lost a couple of games. In Week 9 UTM had a 5-2 record while SIU was only 3-4. And since then UTM hasn't given me a reason to drop them lower than SIU.

mvfcfan
November 3rd, 2019, 08:18 AM
My Week 11 Rankings

1 NDSU (9-0)(5-0)
2 SDSU (7-2)(4-1)
3 UNI (6-3)(4-1)
4 ILST (6-3)(3-2)
5 APSU (6-3)(4-1)
6 SEMO (6-3)(4-1)
7 UTM (6-3)(5-1)
8 JSU (6-4)(3-3)
9 SIU (5-4)(3-2)
10 EKU (5-4)(3-2)
11 YSU (5-4)(1-4)
12 TTU (5-4)(2-3)
13 USD (3-6)(2-3)
14 MUSU (4-6)(2-4)
15 INST (3-6)(1-4)
16 TSU (2-7)(1-4)
17 MOSU (1-7)(1-4)
18 WIU (1-8)(1-4)
19 EIU (0-9)(0-5)

Playoff Picture

NDSU- Lock
SDSU- Lock with 1 more win
UNI- Should make it. (2 of their last 3 are against INST and WIU)
ILST- Could be in trouble (need to win home game against SDSU or road game @YSU; and obviously need to beat MSU)
SIU- Doubtful / On the bubble (should win next two but they play NDSU their last game and that would only give them 7 wins)
YSU- Can still be done (need to win @USD and @INST; then it might come down to their senior day against ILST)

APSU- Likely (they play UTM next week, but even if they lose they then play Murray St and EIU which should be wins)
SEMO- Somewhat likely (they need to win out but should be able to win their last 3 games)
UTM- Must win situation (if they beat APSU they should be able to tie for the OVC with SEMO which would likely get them in. They play UK their last game which will likely be a loss)
JSU- Somewhat Likely (their last two games are winnable, but they have to win both)
EKU- Unlikely (they play @SEMO and @JSU yet and they have to win out to make it)
TTU- Unlikey (they would have to win out and hope the committee overlooked some of their blowout losses)

At this point it looks like the MVFC will get 4 (5 if they let SIU in) bids and the OVC will get anywhere from 2-4.

OVC Race

The OVC race is looking really interesting right now. UTM is 5-1, while APSU and SEMO are 4-1. APSU owns the tiebreaker with SEMO and APSU plays UTM in Clarksville this coming up week. If APSU wins, APSU should win the AQ. If UTM wins then SEMO will likely win the AQ due to SEMO owning the tiebreaker over UTM.

Redbird 4th & short
November 3rd, 2019, 10:26 AM
My Week 11 Rankings

1 NDSU (9-0)(5-0)
2 SDSU (7-2)(4-1)
3 UNI (6-3)(4-1)
4 ILST (6-3)(3-2)
5 APSU (6-3)(4-1)
6 SEMO (6-3)(4-1)
7 UTM (6-3)(5-1)
8 JSU (6-4)(3-3)
9 SIU (5-4)(3-2)
10 EKU (5-4)(3-2)
11 YSU (5-4)(1-4)
12 TTU (5-4)(2-3)
13 USD (3-6)(2-3)
14 MUSU (4-6)(2-4)
15 INST (3-6)(1-4)
16 TSU (2-7)(1-4)
17 MOSU (1-7)(1-4)
18 WIU (1-8)(1-4)
19 EIU (0-9)(0-5)

Playoff Picture

NDSU- Lock
SDSU- Lock with 1 more win
UNI- Should make it. (2 of their last 3 are against INST and WIU)
ILST- Could be in trouble (need to win home game against SDSU or road game @YSU; and obviously need to beat MSU)
SIU- Doubtful / On the bubble (should win next two but they play NDSU their last game and that would only give them 7 wins)
YSU- Can still be done (need to win @USD and @INST; then it might come down to their senior day against ILST)

APSU- Likely (they play UTM next week, but even if they lose they then play Murray St and EIU which should be wins)
SEMO- Somewhat likely (they need to win out but should be able to win their last 3 games)
UTM- Must win situation (if they beat APSU they should be able to tie for the OVC with SEMO which would likely get them in. They play UK their last game which will likely be a loss)
JSU- Somewhat Likely (their last two games are winnable, but they have to win both)
EKU- Unlikely (they play @SEMO and @JSU yet and they have to win out to make it)
TTU- Unlikey (they would have to win out and hope the committee overlooked some of their blowout losses)

At this point it looks like the MVFC will get 4 (5 if they let SIU in) bids and the OVC will get anywhere from 2-4.

OVC Race

The OVC race is looking really interesting right now. UTM is 5-1, while APSU and SEMO are 4-1. APSU owns the tiebreaker with SEMO and APSU plays UTM in Clarksville this coming up week. If APSU wins, APSU should win the AQ. If UTM wins then SEMO will likely win the AQ due to SEMO owning the tiebreaker over UTM.

ISUr offensive imploded with 4 TOs starting with first on last drive of 1st half ... our offensive inconsistency and conservative mindset is frustrating Redbird Nation. We have a top 10 roster the last 4 years, and the conservative play-calling and QB position does us in every year.

That said, we could easily finish 8-4 .. historically, we usually match up well with YSU (game 12) and they seem to be slipping some. I still love our roster, just depends on if our offense shows up or not. Still missing our top 2 WRs in what is a very young unproven WR group to begin with .. so that isn't helping our pass attack. We hope to get all conference WR Edgar back for MoST and YSU .. that will give our offense a lift. But I don't see us putting up much of a fight with SDSU this coming saturday .. our only chance is they lost their QB and lose some dimension offensively.

Bubble will be deep with 5 loss teams this year, but not liking our chances if we finish 7-5 .. this year, 4-4 in MVFC is not nearly as impressive as prior years. We need to beat MoST and then YSU, assuming we lose to SDSU.

Paladin1aa
November 3rd, 2019, 10:29 AM
I would agree with YSU. They need to win out to get in. Anything less and they sit at home.

Professor Chaos
November 3rd, 2019, 01:57 PM
I think you're underselling SIU. I think they're in the playoffs at 7-5 even if they don't beat NDSU. They'd have no bad losses. They've got good wins, as of now, against UT Martin and YSU that they'd need to hold up but they also have that wild card of an FBS win (something very few teams in playoff contention have this year). Yeah, UMass is an awful team but I could see the committee looking at the plethora of mediocrity on the bubble and giving SIU the nod because of that FBS win.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 3rd, 2019, 02:02 PM
I think you're underselling SIU. I think they're in the playoffs at 7-5 even if they don't beat NDSU. They'd have no bad losses. They've got good wins, as of now, against UT Martin and YSU that they'd need to hold up but they also have that wild card of an FBS win (something very few teams in playoff contention have this year). Yeah, UMass is an awful team but I could see the committee looking at the plethora of mediocrity on the bubble and giving SIU the nod because of that FBS win.

Agree on SIU in at 7-5.

NDSU is a bad matchup for SIU. NDSU finishes 12-0.

Cocky
November 3rd, 2019, 04:26 PM
Teams 9-19 must really suck.

ST_Lawson
November 3rd, 2019, 07:08 PM

I think I'd move SIU ahead of JSU right now, personally. You get down past #12 there, and you're really scraping the bottom of the barrel though.

Redbird 4th & short
November 3rd, 2019, 07:15 PM
Agree on SIU in at 7-5.

NDSU is a bad matchup for SIU. NDSU finishes 12-0.

just looking at all the 3 and 4 loss teams in the top 25, there is bound to be a handful of 7-5 teams getting bids from tough conferences (i.e. tougher SOS) this year.

it's all about quality wwins and quality losses .. unless youre reign. ... then you excuse when mediocre teams beat bad teams by 3.

skinny_uncle
November 4th, 2019, 09:32 AM
It is frustrating to see Martin ranked higher than an SIU team that beat them head to head by a couple of TDs. That makes no sense to me.

Professor Chaos
November 4th, 2019, 09:44 AM
It is frustrating to see Martin ranked higher than an SIU team that beat them head to head by a couple of TDs. That makes no sense to me.
I feel for you, if UT Martin is on the bubble at 8-4 it would be a travesty if they got in over a 7-5 SIU team. I'm confident the selection committee will be well researched enough to pick up on that even if the pollsters are not.

fmftballmgr
November 4th, 2019, 12:34 PM
Cant really add anything for the Murray Game this week since I was in Vegas at time time and all I could get was a few updates to the stats while at a slot machine. At least at that time i was winning more they did.

fmftballmgr
November 4th, 2019, 12:37 PM

cant speak for the others but # 14 does and need a new coach very badly

mvfcfan
November 4th, 2019, 05:42 PM

As mentioned UTM is ranked higher than SIU because in Week 9 UTM was 5-2 while SIU was 3-4. UTM is currently 5-1 in the OVC and I have had no reason to rank them lower than SIU yet. UTM's one loss since then was by 7 to a team that beat SIU by 18.

I will say that if APSU beats UTM, I will likely rank SIU ahead of both UTM and JSU next week assuming SIU wins. Admittedly the rankings can get tricky sometimes. I do respect that SIU beat UTM and I hated ranking UTM ahead of SIU, but I just can't ignore the 5-1 start UTM has had in the OVC since that game.

Penguin Nation
November 4th, 2019, 05:53 PM
If an 8-4 Scumbag U is selected over a 7-5 SIU...then FBS games...or even competitve FCS OOC games....should be obsolete from that day forward.

mvfcfan
November 9th, 2019, 07:38 PM
Week 12 Rankings since all the games are over already.

1 NDSU
2 UNI
3 ILST
4 SDSU
5 APSU
6 SEMO
7 SIU
8 UTM
9 TTU
10 JSU
11 EKU
12 USD
13 YSU
14 MUSU
15 INST
16 TSU
17 MOSU
18 WIU
19 EIU

NOTES:
UNI>ILST>SDSU so far in games played.
TSU has a better win (and an extra win) than MOSU, WIU, and EIU.

Playoffs:

Lock: NDSU
Likely Make It: UNI, ILST, SDSU, APSU, SEMO
On The Bubble: SIU, TTU
Not Likely, but mathematically possible: UTM

Looks like MVFC will be a 4 or 5 bid league depending on SIU, while the OVC is looking like a 2 bid league.

Redbird 4th & short
November 9th, 2019, 08:01 PM
Week 12 Rankings since all the games are over already.

1 NDSU
2 UNI
3 ILST
4 SDSU
5 APSU
6 SEMO
7 SIU
8 UTM
9 TTU
10 JSU
11 EKU
12 USD
13 YSU
14 MUSU
15 INST
16 TSU
17 MOSU
18 WIU
19 EIU

NOTES:
UNI>ILST>SDSU so far in games played.
TSU has a better win (and an extra win) than MOSU, WIU, and EIU.

Playoffs:

Lock: NDSU
Likely Make It: UNI, ILST, SDSU, APSU, SEMO
On The Bubble: SIU, TTU
Not Likely, but mathematically possible: UTM

Looks like MVFC will be a 4 or 5 bid league depending on SIU, while the OVC is looking like a 2 bid league.

Yes, we beat SDSU .. but that is only one game. If we're judging our entire resume, SDSU has a much better resume than my ISUr. This win just shored up our 4th place and playoff bid chances. We hope to get our best WR back next week so we can finish season strong against MoST (home) and then YSU (road).

fmftballmgr
November 11th, 2019, 09:41 AM
Murray could still drop more since we have the two best team in the OVC left. Not for if the team has quit on him or not. I would love to spoil Austin Peay hope for a championship but it is going to take a better effort then they have put up all year.

fmftballmgr
November 14th, 2019, 11:48 AM
on one hand I would nothing more than to spoil Austin Peay's chance at a conference championship It will take a whale of an effort to do that.

I have done conceded that we will get it handed to us by semo after what we did to them last year, and them being in the same situation this year and it being at their place.

But on the other hand if we get it handed to us the last two games of the year - which could very well happen and we finish 4-8 and get embarrassed by the three closet in-conference school this year it may be enough to make the new administration and AD pull the trigger and get a new coach in.

mvfcfan
November 14th, 2019, 12:21 PM
I guess it depends on if the AD is actually serious about football as you claimed he is. I've always felt like no one at Murray State really cared about football that much. There was an article ranking the prestige of OVC basketball programs with various anonymous comments from other OVC schools. The coach said that MSU doesn't care about football and dumps all their resources into basketball.

I guess it is always possible that the AD cares but won't make a change if he faces pressure from the basketball supporters and donors. Not too sure what the situation is like down there, but at the mid-major level it seems like most are either good at football or in basketball. Not very many are good at both. UNI is the one exception I can think of in the FCS level and maybe the Dakota States. Then there are a ton of mid or low majors that are average or not good in either football or basketball.

fmftballmgr
November 14th, 2019, 02:02 PM
He is saying all the right things but money plays a big part in it, and not knowing the full details of the contract that was signed.

He said at the M-club breakfast that our old AD was spending 300,000 less on football then the other ovc schools which he was trying to figure out a way to fix that. It is a balancing act trying to keep the basketball supporters happy and showing that he cares about football so he can get more donations for football

clenz
November 14th, 2019, 02:26 PM
He is saying all the right things but money plays a big part in it, and not knowing the full details of the contract that was signed.

He said at the M-club breakfast that our old AD was spending 300,000 less on football then the other ovc schools which he was trying to figure out a way to fix that. It is a balancing act trying to keep the basketball supporters happy and showing that he cares about football so he can get more donations for footballI mean...Indiana State has the second highest football budget in the MVFC at like 4.5-4.6 million.

Figure that one out.

fmftballmgr
November 14th, 2019, 02:39 PM
I mean...Indiana State has the second highest football budget in the MVFC at like 4.5-4.6 million.

Figure that one out.

guess it is all how they use it.

clenz
November 14th, 2019, 03:07 PM
guess it is all how they use it.
But...how are they using it.

That has been the single biggest mystery to me in the MVFC for the last few years.

It's not going to facilities - I've heard from players past and recent that hate it
It's not going to coaching salaries
It's not going to travel - theY took buses to Cedar Falls for 8 hours rather than a 1 hour flight
It's not going to recruiting

Where the hell is it going?

fmftballmgr
November 14th, 2019, 03:49 PM

That has been the single biggest mystery to me in the MVFC for the last few years.

It's not going to facilities - I've heard from players past and recent that hate it
It's not going to travel - the took a buses to Cedar Falls for 8 hours rather than a 1 hour flight

that i don't have an answer for but does raise a lot of questions

mvfcfan
November 14th, 2019, 03:57 PM
I don't have an answer for you either. I don't have much confidence in the people running our athletic department. They named our practice field after a couple because they donated $50000 to have it rebuilt. And it was built under Trent Miles. And clenz nothing about ISU you have said is really wrong. I would trade spots with Murray State in a heartbeat too. If we are going to operate like an OVC school, then we should be in the OVC. That's nothing against the OVC either. I want to be there and I respect most of the programs in it (SIUe probably shouldnt have been added). I think long term we would have more success there. We just don't have the support or the facilities to be competitive in football in the MVFC and our basketball is just way underfunded for an MVC school.

fmftballmgr
November 14th, 2019, 04:49 PM
the basketball supporters at Murray would jump all over that. The football side is a heck no. we can't compete right now in the ovc much less in the MVFC

Sycamore62
November 15th, 2019, 11:25 AM

It's not going to travel - the took a buses to Cedar Falls for 8 hours rather than a 1 hour flight

I dont know if they are counting the repairs they have made and updates they have made to the field stadium and locker room. If so I can see that but if not Im not sure whats going on.

mvfcfan
November 17th, 2019, 05:52 PM
Week 13 Rankings

1 NDSU
2 ILST
3 SDSU
4 UNI
5 APSU
6 SEMO
7 SIU
8 UTM
9 EKU
10 TTU
11 JSU
12 USD
13 INST
14 YSU
15 MUSU
16 TSU
17 MOSU
18 WIU
19 EIU

1-3 are locks for the NCAA tournament.
4-7 are in with a win and on the bubble with a loss.
8 (UTM) is in with a win over UK but out with a loss.
9-19 are eliminated.

fmftballmgr
November 18th, 2019, 09:38 AM
i would put us at 19 with some of the stupidity I saw Saturday

mvfcfan
November 18th, 2019, 09:41 AM
i would put us at 19 with some of the stupidity I saw Saturday

At least you have basketball to look forward to. I have to wait for baseball to start before I expect my school to do anything xlolx.

fmftballmgr
November 18th, 2019, 09:47 AM
At least you have basketball to look forward to. I have to wait for baseball to start before I expect my school to do anything xlolx.

true

ysubigred
November 18th, 2019, 09:52 AM

Ugly situation at YSU, all we have to look forward to is the Bowling team xbabycryx

ST_Lawson
November 18th, 2019, 11:14 AM
Ugly situation at YSU, all we have to look forward to is the Bowling team xbabycryx

We don't even have a bowling team anymore.

mvfcfan
November 23rd, 2019, 07:35 PM
My Final Poll to end the season:

1 NDSU
2 UNI
3 SDSU
4 APSU
5 SEMO
6 ILST
7 SIU
8 UTM
9 EKU
10 TTU
11 JSU
12 USD
13 INST
14 YSU
15 MUSU
16 TNST
17 MOSU
18 WIU
19 EIU

My Playoff Field if I selected the teams:

WEBER
SAC ST
MT ST
MT

MONM
KENN

JMU
ALB
NOVA

NDSU
UNI
SDSU
ILST

CCSU

APSU
SEMO

HC

S DIEGO

WOFF
FURM

NICHOLLS
C ARK
SELA

UND

ST_Lawson
November 23rd, 2019, 08:09 PM
We could be worse!
We could be worse!
We could be worse!

mvfcfan
November 24th, 2019, 12:54 PM
My Final Poll to end the season:

1 NDSU
2 UNI
3 SDSU
4 APSU
5 SEMO
6 ILST
7 SIU
8 UTM
9 EKU
10 TTU
11 JSU
12 USD
13 INST
14 YSU
15 MUSU
16 TNST
17 MOSU
18 WIU
19 EIU

My Playoff Field if I selected the teams:

WEBER
SAC ST
MT ST
MT

MONM
KENN

JMU
ALB
NOVA

NDSU
UNI
SDSU
ILST

CCSU

APSU
SEMO

HC

S DIEGO

WOFF
FURM

NICHOLLS
C ARK
SELA

UND

I don't want to brag too much, but I got the entire playoff field correct.