PDA

View Full Version : Montana St. Spring Game

GOKATS
April 28th, 2007, 11:30 AM
The Bobcats spring game is this afternoon in Great Falls. Regional telecast live by Altitude Sports at 2:00 p.m. Mountain Time.

Go Cats!!

Bronco
April 28th, 2007, 01:27 PM
Going to be a beautiful day for a game.
Are the QB's back and healthy for today?

GOKATS
April 28th, 2007, 02:21 PM
Carpenter is back, Rolovich is still out with a shoulder injury (non-throwing side).

CopperCat
April 28th, 2007, 03:23 PM
Rasmussen hasn't looked too bad so far. WR's are playing really well too. Offense looks to have some consistency finally. Nice catch by Joe Schreibeis just now!

CopperCat
April 28th, 2007, 04:58 PM
I take my comment back about the offense. They haven't done ANYTHING since those first few plays. No TD's (all called back b/c of sacks) and no FG's. Offense has reason to be concerned.

appfan2008
April 28th, 2007, 05:52 PM
good luck to you guys and your upcoming season!

GOKATS
April 28th, 2007, 06:23 PM
good luck to you guys and your upcoming season!

Thanks, and the same to you guys.xbeerchugx

TulsaBobcat
April 28th, 2007, 09:01 PM
An msubobcats.com article mentioned that there were 5,387 fans at the game. That is a great turnout!

appfan2008
April 28th, 2007, 09:07 PM
that is rather impressive... way to go

Peems
April 28th, 2007, 09:21 PM
one thing i will admit is that the bobcats know how to put on a spring game. They actually made it interesting by haveing 4 quarters and by having events for kids and making it entertaining. tip of the ol hat to the cats

CatFan22
April 28th, 2007, 09:52 PM
An msubobcats.com article mentioned that there were 5,387 fans at the game. That is a great turnout!

Wow. I was there and I didn't think there were that many there, but that's sweet if that number is right!

Hansel
April 28th, 2007, 09:59 PM
Wow. I was there and I didn't think there were that many there, but that's sweet if that number is right!
stands look pretty empty on tv

CatFan22
April 28th, 2007, 10:02 PM
stands look pretty empty on tv

The other side was on TV. That wasn't very full but the main side (under the camera) was full. The official attendance was 5,387. Great job Cat fans!

Grizalltheway
April 28th, 2007, 10:52 PM
Just out of curiosity, why was this game on altitude but not the griz spring game? Or did I just miss it?

CopperCat
April 28th, 2007, 11:46 PM
Just out of curiosity, why was this game on altitude but not the griz spring game? Or did I just miss it?
Because sometimes it is our turn to show our stuff. You don't get your way all the time:p .

In all seriousness, I bet it has something to do with MSU's spring game being later in April than UM's. Just a hunch, but who knows.

GOKATS
April 29th, 2007, 12:40 AM
Huge Electric City Crowd Caps Great Weekend
MSU Bobcats Bobcat Football News : 2007-04-28 : Bozeman, MT
By Bill Lamberty

More than 5,000 fans enjoyed Montana State's Triangle Classic in Great Falls on Saturday

Ask Mike Kramer about his team's performance in Saturday's Triangle Classic scrimmage that finished the team's spring practice session, and the answer may vary.

Ask Kramer about his team's fourth consecutive visit to Great Falls, and be prepared for unrestrained giddiness.

"Spectacular," Kramer said with a grin that cuts through his face like the Missouri River cuts through north-central Montana's high plains. "Fabulous. This event continues to evolve and grow into a very, very special weekend."

More than 5,000 fans - officially 5,387 - watched the Bobcats in near-perfect conditions on Saturday, capping an outstanding weekend. Nearly 1,100 jammed into the Great Falls Civic Center for Friday's Triangle Classic Banquet, highlighted by guest speaker Rocky Bleier.

"This community continues to welcome us in a way that is unprecedented in all my years around college football," Kramer said. "Unprecedented."

© Montana State University 2006 Didn't Find it? Please use our contact list or our site index.

GOKATS
April 29th, 2007, 12:48 AM

You didn't miss it- Altitude didn't carry the griz spring game.

MSU has a relationship with Altitude that um doesn't have, probably due to the um contract with kpax out of Missoula (not to be overly critical, but horrendous tv telecast by kpax).

MplsBison
April 30th, 2007, 09:28 AM
I'm surprised MSU's AD didn't try to buy this game out.

GtFllsGriz
April 30th, 2007, 10:09 AM
Congrats to the Cats for a fine turnout. Great Falls has really stepped up for the event the last two years. My daughter, who will be attending UM next year, worked at the event and had a great time. I went last year and even wore my Griz gear. I had a great time and got harrassed a lot by my "Cat" friends that organize the event. I could not attend this year due to an engagement in Missoula but I would have if I would have been in town.

I would sure like to see the Griz come to town in the future. It would be interesting to see how the two events compared. I think the fan bases in Great Falls are pretty evenly divided between the two schools. Great Falls empties out on game day with cars going both west and south. It is great to have two fine university's in our state playing top notch football.

GOKATS
April 30th, 2007, 10:32 AM

Smack is ---------------->

catbob
April 30th, 2007, 11:45 AM

xbawlingx

MplsBison
April 30th, 2007, 11:49 AM
Why are you crying?

grizbeer
April 30th, 2007, 01:01 PM
The other side was on TV. That wasn't very full but the main side (under the camera) was full. The official attendance was 5,387. Great job Cat fans!
I watched part of it on TV and was surprised when I saw the attendance number. I've never been to memorial stadium, how many does it hold? Is the "Main" side the side under the press box?

BTW, I was very impressed with Kramer on the mic during the practice. He was very entertaining (that crack to the ref about turning down the holding was pretty funny), but also seemed honest in his comments. I can see why his players would really like him.

CopperCat
April 30th, 2007, 01:55 PM
Why are you crying?

I think those are tears of laughter.

catbob
April 30th, 2007, 03:13 PM
I don't know how many seats Memorial Stadium holds, I would guess maybe 7,500-8,000. The "main" side (same side as press boxes) was pretty much full and there were a decent number of people on the other side as well. This was the first year I believe they let people sit on the other side.

CopperCat
May 1st, 2007, 12:54 PM
I don't know how many seats Memorial Stadium holds, I would guess maybe 7,500-8,000. The "main" side (same side as press boxes) was pretty much full and there were a decent number of people on the other side as well. This was the first year I believe they let people sit on the other side.

The local news last night was showing highlights of the scrimmage and they showed the other side where most everyone was sitting. It was damn near full, so I believe that there were 5,000+ people there.

And as far as the scrimmage goes, FIND SOME OFFENSE CATS!!!!xmadx

griz37
May 1st, 2007, 01:59 PM
BTW, I was very impressed with Kramer on the mic during the practice. He was very entertaining (that crack to the ref about turning down the holding was pretty funny), but also seemed honest in his comments. I can see why his players would really like him.

I only watched a little bit of the scrimmage but I agree that it was awesome to have Kramer miked up & available for ?s during the scrimmage.