PDA

View Full Version : AGS Poll Perfection List - A Guide, & Tip of the Cap

ursus arctos horribilis
July 6th, 2019, 11:07 AM
AGS Poll Perfection is an achievement earned by voters that do not miss any required votes in a season. Voting every week of the season and then the final vote after the NC is crowned are required. The preseason vote is not a required vote. This vote, if made, can take the place of one miss during the regular season so it acts as a safety valve if you a voter must miss a vote.

Level: Green
https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/g5nrqCfw5KKZONblqQ1NAd78hqljkb9boi1sm5YReKA0A1Nkr4 kaZtzkGQvEn4VZ7D2g3Uil8Iabxvp-70wnIiImN3AqIJ_8F3pND_5CHO3bU2jGjds-jvkOVNEya0r9bFZ44f5s

This is the entry level for AGS Poll perfection. It is one season of perfection. There are hundreds of voters in the history of the AGS Poll that never reached this level. It ain’t easy.

These are the 30 voters that have the Green banner currently and have taken the steps to earning the bigger badges on the path to perfection.

caribbeanhen
da_Bison
dbackjon
Derby City Duke
DirtyDukes
ElonFirefighter
grizband
McCowboys
Missingnumber7
Preferred Walk-On
Prime Power
Reign of Terrier
RichH2
SCPALADIN
Schism55
semobison
SU DOG
Trumpster
UpstateBison
ursus arctos horribilis (supposed to be silver but can't edit his own profile) xlolx
Vandal03
WestCoastAggie

Level: Blue
https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/exEgaS6qsMlZBgNnmkPvrws4RiiRIo67aCQnMZZyh9uw44ckD4-I52cz6ZpK46rdLyD7U8pbgeRz0Wv8OF8UBDBqVb7PQvrVPvqFr iDoksDKWqOxphF5aU4Vdpbz406ya0FnkSk9

This is the Sophomore year for AGS Poll perfection. It is two consecutive seasons of perfection. As before on Green there are probably another 100 or so that never reached this level.

These are the 8 voters that have the Blue banner currently and have made the effort to working their way into the upper echelons of the AGS Poll.

cx500d
Daytripper
FUBeAR
JSUSoutherner
Pard4Life
polsongrizz
Scrappy94
Thumper 76

Level: Black
https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/w8gzEIm-yDclOROwhlfDnbIn8TDrnj-gG0s5ccyB0h5HPaHw6rDvWgK0YD26aPoT0EfC-YBkceI_BDDby1GdWvLqp_xs5_EhlMTITYJZ5Is9vVRitczP-gZWvPIrwHnadi27TfCc

Starting to get interesting here. Once a voter reaches this level for AGS Poll perfection they are really worthy of some respect for an effort that few will/can make. This level of dedication means that they have at least 3 years of perfection. This badge sticks with the voter until after they have achieved 4 consecutive years of never missing a vote.

There are currently 25 voters that have the Black banner currently. This is a really tough thing to accomplish for most voters. These folks have made a considerable effort.

BisonFan02
Catatonic
Catbooster
clenz
Cocky
Drblankstare
ElCid
Evolution Prime
Gangtackle11
GoAgs72
IBleedYellow
kalm
Kemo
KPSUL
LehighU11
MarkyMark
Mayville Bison
MrTitleist
ngineer
Pant8her
POD Knows
RootinFerDukes
smallcollegefbfan
TheKingpin28
Tribe4SF

Level: Silver
https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/O264KMXmcEno2iMJ3KJx0BaLRiMOpeP_9Oc_mhlAeY1emfna3U sZ_JWJ3LWEx43BeJvnLG9A6nNhvHGSnO1SRTbTJMExKf3TgLHT oOx3ba6LLAi-uccaWkKpxfN2vDCVPoT5inyi

To have reached the silver level here at AGS you will have put together 5,6, or 7 years of never missing a vote. That is a fairly resounding level of consistency that again just becomes a task that even fewer voters can achieve. These folks have a dedication to our poll and this site that is truly amazing.

Currently 13 users here have a Silver banner.

Bison Fan in NW MN
BisonTru
dewey
kdinva
melloware13
MTfan4life
Professor Chaos
RabidRabbit
Sammy94
smilo
Southern Bison
superman7515
WileECoyote06

Level: Gold
https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/zHV1wVAqCpn9aojeRs2hLbeJ703YKBb-LyWswZ5s5DYfZ7fZ0ToT4so5o8cSmMwp8sfKKNOND9SP_EpEaH kMW-OsSX5iVUwC0fViVBNKMhhtevsX6fqkgVh-GnDweSe6ARU8LUdb

If you have made the effort of voting every week for 8,9, & 10 years then you are at the top of the heap here at AGS as far as studying and putting in a vote, without missing one in a long, long time. It is hard to come up with a proper superlative to place on these folks. They are the driving force and have been the backbone that our poll has been built on over the last decade. They have done everything they could every year to make sure that AGS has the best representation of the true top 25 in the FCS over the last decade.

They have reached the penultimate level that can be achieved here at AGS.

So, thank you is really all I can say.

This is the dirty dozen that have achieved Gold.

BlueHenSinfonian
bonarae
Fear the Bird
footballer23
Gil Dobie
Go Lehigh TU owl
GoBlueHens83
McNeese75
MR. CHICKEN
mvemjsunpx
OhioHen
paward

We had 119 voters signed up to vote last season. Most weeks we pushed the 100 voter number last season. We have a very high dedication from voters and if you would like to be part of that group and are not currently then please keep an eye out for registration which will open Monday, July 8th, 2019.

Bison Fan in NW MN
July 6th, 2019, 11:11 AM
Hats off to all the voters on this list!

Dedication to make all the votes is the word that comes to mind.

xthumbsupx

xsmileyclapx

Professor Chaos
July 6th, 2019, 11:45 AM
ursus deserves a big thanks for organizing the poll for us as well. I know it's a pain in his ass from time to time (especially when us voters aren't as vigilant as we should be when submitting our poll ballot).

I think it's a really fun exercise and helps me enjoy more of what's going on nationwide in the FCS each fall Saturday. I'd encourage anyone on the fence to give it a try. I always hear the "I just don't have the time" reasoning but once you get into a rhythm of doing it you can get pretty efficient. Earlier in the season is tougher but usually once we've gotten to midseason and every team has a good body of work to fall back on I can usually get it cranked out in an hour or less on Sunday morning. That said there are different strategies to voting, some voters like to watch games for all the teams they have under consideration and that obviously takes a lot of time. I don't subscribe to that technique but the nice thing about the AGS poll is we have enough voters to help cover for you if you make a mistake by severely overrating or underrating a team. It's just a great way to learn about the rest of the subdivision outside of your team or your conference's teams.

TheKingpin28
July 6th, 2019, 03:22 PM
I am appreciative of everyone who participates in the poll, but especially those who have been doing this for a decade. As PC said, UAH, we appreciate it that you do everything in your power to ensure everyone gets their ballots in properly and I know I have had a slip up each season, so I thank you for being a triple checker for me, when I am unable to properly double check it myself.

Next stop, silver bar.

Go Lehigh TU owl
July 6th, 2019, 08:56 PM
This is super cool! great work!!

McCowboys
July 7th, 2019, 12:55 PM
Just one year of perfection is tough, so all on these lists are worthy of commendation. Those who have more than one year are AGS Poll STARS!

McCowboys
July 7th, 2019, 12:57 PM
ursus deserves a big thanks for organizing the poll for us as well. I know it's a pain in his ass from time to time (especially when us voters aren't as vigilant as we should be when submitting our poll ballot).

I think it's a really fun exercise and helps me enjoy more of what's going on nationwide in the FCS each fall Saturday. I'd encourage anyone on the fence to give it a try. I always hear the "I just don't have the time" reasoning but once you get into a rhythm of doing it you can get pretty efficient. Earlier in the season is tougher but usually once we've gotten to midseason and every team has a good body of work to fall back on I can usually get it cranked out in an hour or less on Sunday morning. That said there are different strategies to voting, some voters like to watch games for all the teams they have under consideration and that obviously takes a lot of time. I don't subscribe to that technique but the nice thing about the AGS poll is we have enough voters to help cover for you if you make a mistake by severely overrating or underrating a team. It's just a great way to learn about the rest of the subdivision outside of your team or your conference's teams.

Ursus goes above and beyond to keep this running!

ST_Lawson
July 7th, 2019, 03:08 PM
All you guys are awesome...Ursus and all the voters (especially you multiple years of "perfection" folks).
It's hard enough keeping an eye on just one conference, I can't imagine the work some of you put in week in and week out to submit your educated input to the best human-based poll in the FCS.

dbackjon
July 7th, 2019, 03:11 PM
I made the list!! I am somebody!!

https://media.tenor.com/images/1deece554cfec8badf124f22d10a4eeb/tenor.gif

Redbird 4th & short
July 7th, 2019, 03:14 PM
AGS has become the best subjective poll, bar none. If I were on the Coaches or STATS poll, I would have 2 favorites at top of my browser list ... Massey Composite of 40 polls, and AGS ... those 2 plus Massey's own rankings ... not as much for rankings themselves, but for SOS since they make it so easy to work quickly when it comes to SOS.

Nice job to all involved in AGS Polling for FCS ... again, usually the most "dead-on balls accurate"

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/SameConventionalBrahmanbull-small.gif (https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&source=images&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwiQ3Z24z6PjAhUWBs0KHVKCBCAQjRx6BAgBEAU&url=https%3A%2F%2Fgfycat.com%2Fsameconventionalbra hmanbull&psig=AOvVaw0fYLpwdizDqswFExIYrKM5&ust=1562616826079224)

Redbird 4th & short
July 7th, 2019, 03:17 PM
I made the list!! I am somebody!!

https://media.tenor.com/images/1deece554cfec8badf124f22d10a4eeb/tenor.gif
very well played sir !

ursus arctos horribilis
July 7th, 2019, 03:28 PM
Thanks for the kind words. PC made some really good points as to my feelings on the subject as well. When you participate you force yourself to be involved and be part of it which generally makes you more knowledgeable on the overall product and those teams that have done something to be in the polls.

Just for the record at this point no one has reached the full decade yet because I started doing the badges when I took it over. Some may have a full decade when you include voting prior to my stewardship but I can't verify or look at any stats on voters from that time. So, this is only under what I can verify which is what I have done. The most we have so far is the current Gold members and those voters have just dipped their toes in at that spot. The most so far is 8 yrs., not 10 yet....

Once a voter completes 10 yrs. they will be a member of the AGS Poll HOF and unlike other poll voter badges that one will remain with them for as long as AGS is around and if they continue voting their ballots will have more weight than the non HOF voter but I have not really figured that part out yet as far as pluses and minuses so that is to be figured out at a later date.

If you are not yet a voter you should be so think about signing up tomorrow or over the next couple of weeks when registration is open.

RootinFerDukes
July 7th, 2019, 05:22 PM
The key to perfection at least one time per season:

1) you have to put your poll before any drop everything urgent work your boss pushed to you at 10 AM, when you’re also realizing “oh ****, I forgot to do my AGS poll” or
2) wait until you’re back from a home game 2 hours away and your family is finally asleep and you’re tiredly completing it at 1 AM.

Either way, my personal method for completing it gets better each season and SOS with your record matters to me more than anything. Thank you to others who go out of their way to get their polls too. It’s not always easy with real life getting in the way.

footballer23
July 9th, 2019, 11:31 PM
Damn... I didn't realize I'd been doing it for that long! Thanks, Ursus, for organizing it and for catching me when I screw something up from time to time. Looking forward to the next season!

OhioHen
July 10th, 2019, 06:28 AM
I used to skip the preseason poll because I see little value in it and because my method of ranking depends on this season's on-field performance.

Last season, I needed the one free pass the preseason poll provides because of a vacation where I had ZERO internet access available to me. I am now a believer in submitting a preseason poll, just in case.

Sycamore62
July 10th, 2019, 09:19 AM
Ive always been afraid to get in the poll because outside the MVFC and the standard top teams, my knowledge starts to get weak. Nice work everyone on the lists.

POD Knows
July 10th, 2019, 09:28 AM
Ive always been afraid to get in the poll because outside the MVFC and the standard top teams, my knowledge starts to get weak. Nice work everyone on the lists.This was kind of where I was when I started this, I knew a fair amount about the Big Sky and the CAA but not much else. It sort of forced me to look at other teams and conferences and know a watch a fair amount of other games on ESPN3 and know the lay out pretty well.

Professor Chaos
July 10th, 2019, 10:29 AM
Ive always been afraid to get in the poll because outside the MVFC and the standard top teams, my knowledge starts to get weak. Nice work everyone on the lists.

This was kind of where I was when I started this, I knew a fair amount about the Big Sky and the CAA but not much else. It sort of forced me to look at other teams and conferences and know a watch a fair amount of other games on ESPN3 and know the lay out pretty well.
I don't think you even need to watch much for games outside of your our team/conference to be able to make an educated vote on those other teams. I think the best way to improve your ballots as the season goes on is to post your ballot and let it get picked apart. Be receptive to criticism but also be willing to defend your position. It really helps you understand more about those teams outside of your comfort zone without having to spend a ton of time watching their games. xtwocentsx

EDIT: I'll add that if there is a team from a conference I don't usually watch games for like the Big South that's getting a lot of love from other voters I will go out of my way to watch one of their games as we get later into the season but I'm still not a big believer in the "eye test" just because unless you watch every game that team plays the eye test can be just as deceiving as box score diving.

dbackjon
July 10th, 2019, 11:34 AM

I think that would be true for most voters. While we all try to keep up with all leagues, the deepest knowledge will always be the teams we are most exposed to.

Daytripper
July 10th, 2019, 12:04 PM
I think that would be true for most voters. While we all try to keep up with all leagues, the deepest knowledge will always be the teams we are most exposed to.

That's why we need to have more representation in the poll from conferences outside of the MVFC, CAA, and Big Sky. Come on people, step up!

Daytripper
July 10th, 2019, 12:06 PM
By the way, if you have a "poll perfection" badge and no "AGS DONOR" badge to accompany it, you are a free-rider. Just sayin'.

IBleedYellow
July 10th, 2019, 12:20 PM
By the way, if you have a "poll perfection" badge and no "AGS DONOR" badge to accompany it, you are a free-rider. Just sayin'.

Accurate.

BisonTru
July 10th, 2019, 12:37 PM

I don't agree with this. The Poll voters put a lot of time into the poll. The Donors put up money to support this site. I don't think it should be expected to do both or looked down upon if you can only do the poll. Many people don't do the poll nor donate and use this site often.

Btw, I do both, and if ursus needs money I know we usually get a pretty good turnout in short order.

ursus arctos horribilis
July 10th, 2019, 12:41 PM

I was that same way but making the commitment changes what you look at, what you discuss because you now have an expanded interest which leads to...expanded knowledge on the topics by the discussions you have and the questions you ask.

ursus arctos horribilis
July 10th, 2019, 12:57 PM
I don't agree with this. The Poll voters put a lot of time into the poll. The Donors put up money to support this site. I don't think it should be expected to do both or looked down upon if you can only do the poll. Many people don't do the poll nor donate and use this site often.

Btw, I do both, and if ursus needs money I know we usually get a pretty good turnout in short order.

That is pure truth. This community does a very good job of showing up when requested and I appreciate all donations but I know some can't do it all the time and that is just fine as well.

Everybody on here, and especially poll voters bring a lot to the table as far as entertainment, thought, and so on so in my mind we do not have free rides around here but appreciate IBY and Daytripper trying to increase the donations next go around.

dbackjon
July 10th, 2019, 01:07 PM
That's why we need to have more representation in the poll from conferences outside of the MVFC, CAA, and Big Sky. Come on people, step up!

Yup - the more from the "other" conference, the more balanced it gets.

ursus arctos horribilis
July 10th, 2019, 01:41 PM
Yup - the more from the "other" conference, the more balanced it gets.

Well that might be true but it is probably not in the direction you expect. I've done "tests" over the years to check conference bias by members of a conference as a group. In all bot one time I've checked the conference voters were harder on their conference mates than the rest of the group of voters were. It was not dramatic but the conference voters are NOT ranking their teams higher than other voters are. I've made that point many times on here over the years.

But as always, more people more better.

JSUSoutherner
July 10th, 2019, 01:44 PM
Well that might be true but it is probably not in the direction you expect. I've done "tests" over the years to check conference bias by members of a conference as a group. In all bot one time I've checked the conference voters were harder on their conference mates than the rest of the group of voters were. It was not dramatic but the conference voters are NOT ranking their teams higher than other voters are. I've made that point many times on here over the years.

But as always, more people more better.

Idk, in the case of the OVC, we rank our conference mates lower because they deserve it.

McCowboys
July 11th, 2019, 07:43 AM
Idk, in the case of the OVC, we rank our conference mates lower because they deserve it.

xlolxxlolx

POD Knows
July 11th, 2019, 07:51 AM
Idk, in the case of the OVC, we rank our conference mates lower because they deserve it.:D Brutal but totally balls on

Evolution Prime
July 11th, 2019, 08:50 AM

I was definitely the same way. What I did was an attempt a way to help me out across the board by by building an excel spreadsheet to construct a "power point" system. It is based on a much of differing factors (opponent record, opponent ranking, point spread, etc.). I then used this to assist in my rankings. It is definitely not a perfect system, as it takes several weeks to get a clearer picture, but it is a tool I use. I did my own poll for several years before becoming a regular voter. I would compare my poll with the AGS, Coaches, and STATS polls weekly to see how I was doing. After doing this for several years, I thought I was confident enough to become a regular voter. If you wanted to become a voter, I would recommend something like this as I was in your same shoes.

If anyone wants to see the spreadsheet, let me know and I can email you a copy of it.

POD Knows
July 11th, 2019, 09:03 AM
By the way, if you have a "poll perfection" badge and no "AGS DONOR" badge to accompany it, you are a free-rider. Just sayin'.Word

ngineer
July 11th, 2019, 01:19 PM

Most of us are in the same boat. Once you get into AGS it's fun to do some 'research' on the schools and conferences that are unfamiliar, but more so, you learn to respect the opinions of others on the Board who have experience watching teams you don't have the luxury of seeing or following. I trust a number of the guys on here as to what they see and report, especially for those out in the Midwest and far West. I've been hangin' around here for about 15 years and it has been very therapeutic !

TheKingpin28
July 12th, 2019, 04:00 PM

Preach

skinny_uncle
July 15th, 2019, 06:35 AM
I tried this one year but quit after being accused of being a Valley homer. It ended up being the year NDSU played Ill State for the title.

ursus arctos horribilis
July 15th, 2019, 03:04 PM
I tried this one year but quit after being accused of being a Valley homer. It ended up being the year NDSU played Ill State for the title.

I normally keep these things private but if you want to bring out the cudgel please allow me to retort.

You were one of the people that are too sensitive to be questioned on a ballot and in that case it is just fine to not have you involved. I have the emails and you were questioned on having nearly the whole conference in the T15 midway through the season.

You were the reason I use a qualifier every time I explain that there is "not much if any" homerism when people bring up the topic...you are one of the few that truly were a homer for a conference and you did it consistently.

You did not stop voting after being questioned you continued on and at the end of the season I was just fine with you bowing out at that point. Thank you for that.

Nobody questioned your having those two teams highly ranked and even #1 & #2 as they were both clearly at that level that year so don't try and use that as some "proof" of you being correct...almost all of the voters had those two fairly highly ranked since both were T10 at the time. Your point doesn't hold up as we all were doing that part of it.

But the rest, you were alone on. Here was your ballot when you were questioned. I stopped there because you nearly ran out of MVFC teams at that point. South Dakota was the only team you left out at 2-4.

October 19, 2014

1: North Dakota State Bison
2: Illinois State Redbirds
3: South Dakota State Jackrabbits
4: Villanova Wildcats
5: Eastern Washington Eagles
6: New Hampshire Wildcats
7: Youngstown State Penguins
8: Southern Illinois Salukis
9: Indiana State Sycamores
10: Missouri State Bears
11: Coastal Carolina Chanticleers
12: Jacksonville State Gamecocks
13: Northern Iowa Panthers
14: Southeastern Louisiana Lions
15: Western Illinois Leathernecks

Here is the How They Fared from said week:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/17a1ZlzVJvPwuhQxno3_p-7au4WZU9Bifi12tRJxfNHU/edit#gid=0

This had been an ongoing thing with skinny for the season and as it got later in the season I got in touch with him over his very slanted ballots. This was an email sent on the above ballot that season. It was much more pointed than a normal question would be due to the fact that is truly appeared wierd to jump SDSU up like this after a 45-10 loss the week prior even if it was to his #2.

Hey, your votes are by far the most homeristic in our poll. I've not said much thus far because I do believe the MVFC teams are very good and as such most of your overly high ranked picks are at least arguable.

The fact that this week you jumped SDSU up to #3 so you could keep MVFC teams in the top 3 spots is fairly telling of what you are attempting to do here. I will put your ballot before the poll committee but I'd sure appreciate if you'd take a look at things outside your region and stop trying to skew the results of this poll toward your conference. Your own conference mates value your conference but they don't do anything like you are doing here. Your SDSU move up is now about 10 spots higher than the rest on average.

I gave the opportunity to rethink it and cast a new ballot after informing that the poll committee determined his vote be too far out of line to accept that week.

So, you serve as a good warning to all new voters. If you do things like this then you will be challenged. Homer votes are not gonna cut it.

F'N Hawks
July 15th, 2019, 03:11 PM
^^^^^Ursus: "You were one of the people that are too sensitive to be questioned on a ballot and in that case it is just fine to not have you involved. I have the emails and you were questioned on having nearly the whole conference in the T15 midway through the season"

LMFAO. xlolxxlolx

FUBeAR
July 15th, 2019, 04:24 PM
I normally keep these things private but if you want to bring out the cudgel please allow me to retort.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dXinJIvpPOo

ursus arctos horribilis
July 15th, 2019, 04:38 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dXinJIvpPOo

I was hoping that drift would be caught.:)

paward
July 15th, 2019, 06:07 PM
Hmmmmmm a mouth full has been said.........

Reign of Terrier
July 16th, 2019, 01:35 PM
My theory about the causality between "voter representation" and team ranking is that people only get involved enough in paying attention to FCS football (by being on here) when their team is good.

So more people vote for a given team/conference because a team is good, but when they suck, they fall of the face of the earth.

For me personally, I didn't pay attention to FCS football after, like, October of any year between 2013-2015 because I never got excited enough to care like I did between 2008-2012 (you can check Wofford's record and see why). I didn't start voting again until last year, didn't start paying attention to FCS until, I don't know, the Citadel game (regular season) in 2016I have to say, one of the problems at the FCS level is that they don't deal with disruption too well, none of the playoff outcomes for Wofford were the surprising, but it was taken as one.

Given all that, I think one of the charms of this poll, relative to other polls is that it's probably more responsive, or at least parallel in responsiveness to disruption at the FCS level, compared to other polls. Media polls don't consult well with new information, computer polls have serious flaws for football (especially FCS football), and coaches polls are terrible. But AGS polls seems pretty legit in the sense that I've gotten into fights on here on polling positions on a Sunday with homers (and I have been called out as a homer--rightfully so at times) and the end result of the conversation is usually somewhere in between what was argued.

MR. CHICKEN
July 16th, 2019, 02:33 PM
My theory about the causality between "voter representation" and team ranking is that people only get involved enough in paying attention to FCS football (by being on here) when their team is good.

So more people vote for a given team/conference because a team is good, but when they suck, they fall of the face of the earth.

For me personally, I didn't pay attention to FCS football after, like, October of any year between 2013-2015 because I never got excited enough to care like I did between 2008-2012 (you can check Wofford's record and see why). I didn't start voting again until last year, didn't start paying attention to FCS until, I don't know, the Citadel game (regular season) in 2016I have to say, one of the problems at the FCS level is that they don't deal with disruption too well, none of the playoff outcomes for Wofford were the surprising, but it was taken as one.

Given all that, I think one of the charms of this poll, relative to other polls is that it's probably more responsive, or at least parallel in responsiveness to disruption at the FCS level, compared to other polls. Media polls don't consult well with new information, computer polls have serious flaws for football (especially FCS football), and coaches polls are terrible. But AGS polls seems pretty legit in the sense that I've gotten into fights on here on polling positions on a Sunday with homers (and I have been called out as a homer--rightfully so at times) and the end result of the conversation is usually somewhere in between what was argued.

.....LOOKS LIKE 5 UH US....IN DUH DIRTY DOZEN......AN'......BLUEHENS.......HAVEN'T BEEN RELATIVE........IN HOW LONG...xconfusedxxconfusedxxconfusedxxconfusedxxco nfusedx......AWK!

Reign of Terrier
July 16th, 2019, 02:50 PM
I have seen very few Delaware fans relative to ~10 years ago.

clenz
July 16th, 2019, 03:57 PM
I have seen very few Delaware fans relative to ~10 years ago.That's an age thing

They were an old fanbase a decacde ago

Most are dead now.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

cx500d
July 16th, 2019, 04:32 PM
That's an age thing

They were an old fanbase a decacde ago

Most are dead now.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Joe Biden’s the youngest member of the booster club.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

McCowboys
July 18th, 2019, 06:16 AM
Joe Biden’s the youngest member of the booster club.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

At least Joe does know about McNeese!

Redbird 4th & short
July 18th, 2019, 08:52 AM

since I was adamant in my disagreement with you over the strength of MVFC and selection committee desisions over in recent years ... I'll completely agree with you on this one .. this statement is THE reason AGS FCS poll has become the best subjective poll, bar noone. The open forum for debate forces voters to hear feedback from others across the country .. generally it usually takes about 5-6 weeks with OOC and then Conf games for any poll or computer to sort out the best teams ("statistically well connected") .. but the open forum for debate accelerates that recognition on AGS. Coaches and STATS Polls don't have this opportunity and they are mainly focused on their next game and their conference ... and of course naturally believe their conference is better than others would think. So you wind up with teams in top 25 that shouldn't be in top 40 in these Coaches and STATS polls. Worse yet, these 2 polls usually mirror each other to some extent .. as if to substantiate each other.

- Massey Composite of 40 polls
- AGS poll
- Massey SOS Ranking .. some statistical clustering bias occurs as season progresses, but still better and mroe objective than Coaches or STATS poll.

All can be found easily on Massey Composite site: https://www.masseyratings.com/cf/compare1aa.htm

Reign of Terrier
July 18th, 2019, 09:43 AM
MVFC still benefits from systemic problems with computer polling (shrug emoji). Massey is particularly bad.

Gil Dobie
July 18th, 2019, 10:17 AM

I've been voting since the beginning, when NDSU first went I-AA as is used to be called, and haven't missed a week. The closest was 2006, the week my little brother passed away. I remember all the arguments about NDSU not being poll worthy, because they were not in a conference, not playoff eligible, etc. Then they had a rough start in the MVFC, and the doubters got louder. UNI with their 20 something conference titles was king, and NDSU would never overtake them. The rest is history. Poll has been fun, and the reminders are helpful. Ursus does a great job with this site.

Here is an early reference to the AGS Poll

Go Bison Link (https://gobison.com/news/2005/5/26/47763.aspx)

Preferred Walk-On
July 18th, 2019, 08:13 PM
I've been voting since the beginning, when NDSU first went I-AA as is used to be called, and haven't missed a week. The closest was 2006, the week my little brother passed away. I remember all the arguments about NDSU not being poll worthy, because they were not in a conference, not playoff eligible, etc. Then they had a rough start in the MVFC, and the doubters got louder. UNI with their 20 something conference titles was king, and NDSU would never overtake them. The rest is history. Poll has been fun, and the reminders are helpful. Ursus does a great job with this site.

Here is an early reference to the AGS Poll

Go Bison Link (https://gobison.com/news/2005/5/26/47763.aspx)

Thank you for the bit of poll history. Found it interesting how many teams received 1st place votes. Curious how often more than 5 different teams received 1st place votes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mayville Bison
July 18th, 2019, 09:10 PM
Level: Gold
https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/zHV1wVAqCpn9aojeRs2hLbeJ703YKBb-LyWswZ5s5DYfZ7fZ0ToT4so5o8cSmMwp8sfKKNOND9SP_EpEaH kMW-OsSX5iVUwC0fViVBNKMhhtevsX6fqkgVh-GnDweSe6ARU8LUdb

If you have made the effort of voting every week for 8,9, & 10 years then you are at the top of the heap here at AGS as far as studying and putting in a vote, without missing one in a long, long time. It is hard to come up with a proper superlative to place on these folks. They are the driving force and have been the backbone that our poll has been built on over the last decade. They have done everything they could every year to make sure that AGS has the best representation of the true top 25 in the FCS over the last decade.

They have reached the penultimate level that can be achieved here at AGS.

So, thank you is really all I can say.

This is the dirty dozen that have achieved Gold.

BlueHenSinfonian
bonarae
Fear the Bird
footballer23
Gil Dobie
Go Lehigh TU owl
GoBlueHens83
McNeese75
MR. CHICKEN
mvemjsunpx
OhioHen
paward

xbowxxbowxxbowxxbowxxbowxxbowxxbowxxbowxxbowxxbowx xbowxxbowxxbowxxbowxxbowxxbowxxbowxxbowxxbowx

To all the voters and to ursus, thanks for putting together the best FCS poll out there!

McNeese75
July 19th, 2019, 10:37 PM
Hummmm I wonder what the average age is of that dirty dozen xlolx