PDA

View Full Version : Athlon preseason top 25

Schism55
June 4th, 2019, 10:43 AM
https://athlonsports.com/college-football/athlon-sports-preseason-fcs-top-25-2019
All on one page, no multiple clicks needed!

JSUSoutherner
June 4th, 2019, 11:22 AM
Honestly, I don't have many problems with this list right now. Lots of teams hit hard by graduation, preseason rankings are pretty much worthless because it's difficult to gauge how teams will perform with new players. Not really worth arguing any of the preseason lists.

Professor Chaos
June 4th, 2019, 11:24 AM
Death, taxes, and Jacksonville St being overrated....

JSUSoutherner
June 4th, 2019, 11:45 AM

U mad?

Professor
June 4th, 2019, 11:51 AM
I feel like we are under ranked but ehh. We got the games to prove it

Professor Chaos
June 4th, 2019, 12:01 PM
U mad?
Seething!

https://media.giphy.com/media/ZKZiW6GSx8eSA/200.gif

JSUSoutherner
June 4th, 2019, 12:17 PM
Seething!

https://media.giphy.com/media/ZKZiW6GSx8eSA/200.gif

Good. Good. The bribes are working.

Reign of Terrier
June 4th, 2019, 01:52 PM
For as long as I can remember, whenever Wofford's been ranked 8-15 in preseason polls, my immediate reaction is "seems about right."

And, well, this seems about right.

I think Maine is a touch overrated here, as is Towson and Illinois State. Maybe JSU is overrated, I don't really know, I typically think it's safe to rank most of the teams in the top 15 in the top 15 and the order doesn't really matter outside of the top 5.

McNeese72
June 4th, 2019, 04:51 PM
Huh??? What??? McNeese rated?????

Doc

Outsider1
June 4th, 2019, 06:08 PM
We don't deserve a ranking yet, but being on a watchlist would have been a nice runner up participation trophy.....

Bisonator
June 4th, 2019, 09:52 PM
Living on our past here apparently.... overrated

Reign of Terrier
June 5th, 2019, 08:28 AM
Living on our past here apparently.... overrated

Bud, it's called Bayesian probability

Bison56
June 5th, 2019, 09:46 AM

After a season of chest thumping by JSU fans I always enjoy watching the playoff meltdown.

JSUSoutherner
June 5th, 2019, 09:58 AM
After a season of chest thumping by JSU fans I always enjoy watching the playoff meltdown.

What goes around comes around, chief.

Preferred Walk-On
June 6th, 2019, 01:25 PM
I haven’t read a single post in this thread and I already know it’s filled with Bison butthurt.

I know this is from the Hero Sports thread, but thought this probably applied to Dukes' fans in this thread. Sorry, had to do it. xdrunkyx

- - - Updated - - -

I haven’t read a single post in this thread and I already know it’s filled with Bison butthurt.

I know this is from the Hero Sports thread, but thought this probably applied to Dukes' fans in this thread. Sorry, had to do it. xdrunkyx

PaladinFan
June 6th, 2019, 10:07 PM
For as long as I can remember, whenever Wofford's been ranked 8-15 in preseason polls, my immediate reaction is "seems about right."

And, well, this seems about right.

I think Maine is a touch overrated here, as is Towson and Illinois State. Maybe JSU is overrated, I don't really know, I typically think it's safe to rank most of the teams in the top 15 in the top 15 and the order doesn't really matter outside of the top 5.

I've been surprised too at how much respect Furman has gotten in these polls, especially after being elbowed out of the playoffs.

gofurman
June 6th, 2019, 10:58 PM
I've been surprised too at how much respect Furman has gotten in these polls, especially after being elbowed out of the playoffs.
PaladinFan. I agree. A little surprised that after we didn't make the playoffs (and weren't in the first few out by most accounts though AGS had us in). ... Yet several polls now have us top 20 or 25. And this with a RFr or Sophomore QB. A new QB Either way. I woulda thought we would be in 'others rec vote' territory.

Ill take it but I think 2020 is where Furman gets dangerous in Hendrix fourth year as coach w more if his players recruited for his style play and a 2nd year QB as soph or Junior.

Hendrix year 1 at Furman 2017 - playoffs
Hendrix year 2 at Furman 2018 SoCon Champs ( no playoffs)
hendrix year 3 at Furman 2019? I'll say 7-5. And then 2020 could be strong

takes 4 years to get your OL and DL guys recruited and in weight room

PaladinFan
June 7th, 2019, 10:42 AM
PaladinFan. I agree. A little surprised that after we didn't make the playoffs (and weren't in the first few out by most accounts though AGS had us in). ... Yet several polls now have us top 20 or 25. And this with a RFr or Sophomore QB. A new QB Either way. I woulda thought we would be in 'others rec vote' territory.

Ill take it but I think 2020 is where Furman gets dangerous in Hendrix fourth year as coach w more if his players recruited for his style play and a 2nd year QB as soph or Junior.

I think Furman is dangerous right now and will be the team to beat in the SoCon. Call me a homer, that's just how I see it.

I think you make too much of QB experience. While QB is an unknown (as it is for many teams), whomever is under center for Furman will have a ton of support and a very good offensive line. We will have some tremendous athletes in that conversation this year and consistent play from that position will make the Paladin offense quite dangerous in my opinion.

Frankly, from what I've seen, if Wofford is Top 10 team - and they are in many of these polls - then Furman is in that conversation too.

- - - Updated - - -

I think Furman is dangerous right now and will be the team to beat in the SoCon. Call me a homer, that's just how I see it.

I think you make too much of QB experience. While QB is an unknown (as it is for many teams), whomever is under center for Furman will have a ton of support and a very good offensive line. We will have some tremendous athletes in that conversation this year and consistent play from that position will make the Paladin offense quite dangerous in my opinion.

Frankly, from what I've seen, if Wofford is Top 10 team - and they are in many of these polls - then Furman is in that conversation too.

Bison56
June 7th, 2019, 03:00 PM
What goes around comes around, chief.
Yes it doesxnodx