PDA

View Full Version : Thigpen Signs Deal with Reebok

TexasTerror
April 25th, 2007, 07:29 AM
Thigpen has hit the jackpot! If he gets on an NFL roster, he's going to get a mid-five figure deal from Reebok. Not bad for an FCS player who isn't listed amongst those with the best shot at getting drafted...
-------------
Thigpen signs one-year deal with Reebok
The catch? He's got to make an NFL roster to get paid
By Ian Guerin - The Sun News

Tyler Thigpen's professional football career is still in doubt, but Reebok seems to believe in him.

On Tuesday morning, the shoe and apparel company inked a one-year contract with the former Coastal Carolina quarterback. Thigpen's agent, Joel Turner, said he couldn't be specific about the deal, but he did say it was potentially a "mid-five-figure" contract.

The paperwork became official just four days before the first day of the NFL draft on Saturday. It's been speculated Thigpen, if drafted, will be selected in the later rounds.

"The deal we got isn't a standard deal with too many people," Turner said. "It's commensurate with what a day-one draft pick would get."

http://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/167/story/49007.html

OL FU
April 25th, 2007, 08:01 AM
I am happy for him. I certainly hope he makes it.

But are we talking about 50K (not that I am knocking 50K)?

CCU97
April 25th, 2007, 10:13 AM
I would imagine that is the area we are talking....you have to remember...only the 1st round guys get big money...after that on the first day it definitely goes down.

OL FU
April 25th, 2007, 10:18 AM
I would imagine that is the area we are talking....you have to remember...only the 1st round guys get big money...after that on the first day it definitely goes down.

I wasn't knocking it. I hope Thigpen makes and gets that plus whatever football will pay him

youwouldno
April 25th, 2007, 10:44 AM
Thigpen's stock is hard to gauge. The Vikings like him a lot but they won't spend a mid-round pick on him, since they don't anticipate him going before the late rounds (if at all). If he does wind up in Minnesota it would be a good situation because he would probably be the 3rd QB. The Vikes prospective starter next season, Tarvaris Jackson, came out of the FCS ranks.

CCU97
April 25th, 2007, 10:53 AM
Currently the Bengals have told him that if he goes undrafted they want to sign him to a FA deal....so he will get a chance....just not sure if he will be drafted or not.

Peems
April 26th, 2007, 03:16 PM
does he only get the money if he is drafted or if he signs a FA deal?

rokamortis
April 26th, 2007, 03:49 PM

If he makes a roster.

MarkCCU
April 26th, 2007, 03:50 PM
Well best of luck to Thigpen. Maybe one day soon this could be the next Big Ben.

Coastal89
April 26th, 2007, 03:55 PM
I think it's only if he makes a roster.

Peems
April 26th, 2007, 04:21 PM
aah i understand now. thanks to all, and good luck Tyler