PDA

View Full Version : In ONE Week The 2019 AGS Countdown Begins

ursus arctos horribilis
May 16th, 2019, 03:23 PM
A Brief History of the FCS Countdown

The countdown had its start in 1998 at the old ESPN I-AA forums, with GreatAppSt (GAS) inventing it. When the I-AA community there moved forward to start AGS in June 2003, GAS continued the countdown until his team moved to FBS in 2014, hereafter Tribe4SF (W&M fan) took over to continue the countdown through the 2018 season. Tribe4SF will not be able to continue in 2019 and has asked bonarae to take the countdown over for the upcoming season.

bonarae is the current countdown master and also a Harvard/ETSU fan.

Here are the basic rules (these are a request by me not really rules but the term is being used loosely here) of the countdown.

Countdown will start 100 calendar days before the FIRST REGULAR SATURDAY of the FCS football season (i.e. if a season has an FCS Kickoff game of the season and there are any other games on the same week as that game, those games count as Week Zero games for this purpose), and will end on the first regular Saturday of the FCS football season (i.e. Saturday August 31, 2019 is the zero day).

Post only players and coaches. You can post the coaches on any open days you have in your numerical roster as that day's submission. You can post your team or any other FCS team, provided that no other poster has done this for that team on the appropriate day’s thread.

You can post only on the appropriate day of the countdown. These threads are very likely to be locked upon the posting of the next days thread. Be on time or you miss out on it.

100 days before the first regular Saturday for 2019 is May 23, 2019, a Thursday.

Threads will be titled as such going forward:

XX DAYS (AGS COUNTDOWN)

I request that you all use this layout:

-Picture
-First Name, Last Name, Position
-Team, #
-Height, Weight
-Class/Playing Year
-Hometown
-High School & any other schools if necessary.
-Highlights of the player, if there are any (e.g. all-conference honors)
-Post links to the player/coach profile whenever possible.

This site is about promotion and discussion of the fine coaches & players that bring us what we all appreciate as a great level of this sport.

If you are new please put a good effort into this. It is not easy and I appreciate the work and pride you guys put into these.

Thank you to bonarae for taking over the chores to start the daily threads for this season. If bonarae does not have a thread started by noon ET then it is open to anyone to open that days thread for us.

This has been handed down from GAS to Tribe to bonarae now by the downstream person being the backup for the starter in case they were out for a day or two. If you want to be next up in the legacy that is the AGS Countdown then please pm me.

ursus arctos horribilis
May 16th, 2019, 03:24 PM
saved

dewey
May 16th, 2019, 10:33 PM
Woo hooo! I will be covering the North Dakota State University Bison again this year.

I think this is my 6-8th year doing it.

Dewey

ursus arctos horribilis
May 16th, 2019, 10:37 PM
Woo hooo! I will be covering the North Dakota State University Bison again this year.

I think this is my 6-8th year doing it.

Dewey

You do one of the finer posts each day. I think it would be a good lesson to show what an upper end post looks like. Would you be interested in grabbing one from last season and posting it up here for reference for any new people wanting to see what a finished product looks like?

Good bump up, keep this one going through the next week if you guys can for me.

The Cats
May 17th, 2019, 11:39 AM
http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=30511&stc=1

dewey
May 18th, 2019, 10:12 PM
You do one of the finer posts each day. I think it would be a good lesson to show what an upper end post looks like. Would you be interested in grabbing one from last season and posting it up here for reference for any new people wanting to see what a finished product looks like?

Good bump up, keep this one going through the next week if you guys can for me.

Sir yes sir. Let me go find one from last year.

Dewey

dewey
May 18th, 2019, 10:15 PM
Here is my post from last year at 4 days to kickoff.

All of the information below is from the North Dakota State University athletic department. I just add in a picture of the player and make sure the formatting is correct. This all takes me about 5 minutes to do.

Here is #4 for the defending FCS and 14 time National Champions the North Dakota State University Bison.

<Picture here>

#4 Dimitri Williams
Class: Senior
Position: Running Back
Height: 5'11"
Weight: 204
Hometown: Lakeville, Minn.
High School: Rosemount HS

2017 SEASON (JUNIOR): Played in 14 of 15 games including seven starts...Missed the Eastern Washington game in Week 2 with an injury...Caught seven passes for 143 yards, averaging 20.4 yards per catch...Rushed five times for 64 yards, averaging 12.8 yards per carry...Career-long 77-yard reception against South Dakota...Targeted four times and made two catches in the national championship win over James Madison...Averaged 21.6 yards on 15 kickoff returns with a long of 41 yards against Wofford in the NCAA quarterfinal game.

2016 SEASON (SOPHOMORE): Played in all 14 games including three starting assignments...Made 11 catches for 86 yards...Career-high three receptions in the season-opener against Charleston Southern...Often used in the Bison rushing game...Carried 10 times for 40 yards...Returned kicks for two games late in the regular season...Averaged 22.3 yards on four kick returns including a long of 38 yards against Youngstown State...Made seven tackles on kickoff coverage.

2015 SEASON (FRESHMAN): Played in the season opener at Montana and appeared in 12 games including one start in the home win over Western Illinois...Made two catches for 17 yards...Rushed nine times for 59 yards including a career-long 27-yard run for his only touchdown against Missouri State...Also returned two kickoffs averaging 19.0 yards.

HIGH SCHOOL: Three-year starter for Rosemount under coach Jeff Erdmann...Part of a 2012 Class 6A state semifinalist and the 2013 state runner-up team that went 11-2...Team won back-to-back conference and section championships in 2013 and 2014...2014 AP all-state first team all-purpose and KARE 11 all-metro first team...2013 all-state second team and all-metro first team...2013 South Suburban Conference co-Offensive Player of the Year...Saw time at running back, wide receiver, cornerback, kick returner and punt returner...Accounted for more than 3,900 rushing, receiving and return yards and 53 touchdowns in three seasons...State qualifier in track and field...Competed in the 100 meters, 200 meters and long jump.

PERSONAL: Majoring in economics...Son of Andre Mitchell...Family includes six brothers and one sister.

Good luck with the upcoming season and in the classroom Dimitri.

Go Bison!

Dewey

Tribe4SF
May 19th, 2019, 05:48 AM
Countdown is in good hands with bonarae!

Roll Tribe!!!

The Cats
May 19th, 2019, 08:37 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D67wCXVX4AA1goH.jpg

ursus arctos horribilis
May 19th, 2019, 06:10 PM
Great job guys, keep up the timely bumps etc.

Daytripper
May 20th, 2019, 08:11 AM
Looking forward to the countdown. I enjoy learning about players from different programs. Hopefully, there will be a high participation rate. I will try to post for SHSU when I can.

The Cats
May 20th, 2019, 01:28 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D7B7OX_WwAMuTB1.jpg

ursus arctos horribilis
May 20th, 2019, 03:58 PM
The countdown to the countdown is going well. xlolx

Thanks for keeping it bumped up.

bonarae
May 21st, 2019, 05:25 AM
Just two days to go now!

dewey
May 21st, 2019, 07:02 AM
Just two days to go now!

If you ever need a backup for a day(s) just let me know and I can take care of it.

2 days until the countdown begins.

Dewey

bonarae
May 22nd, 2019, 02:32 AM
Less than 24 hours before the countdown begins anytime between 12 and 6 AM EDT tomorrow.

Read the first post on this thread for some format suggestions for your contributions. Thanks. xscanx

The Cats
May 22nd, 2019, 01:45 PM
http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=30539&stc=1

dbackjon
May 22nd, 2019, 06:24 PM
Bump!!

bonarae
May 23rd, 2019, 12:00 AM
The countdown has officially begun! I'm excited to lead this year's countdown and thank you for being patient with me and Ursus.

Here is the thread for the 1st day of the Countdown - http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?229274-100-DAYS!-(AGS-Countdown-2019)