Will be pulling for you.

SoCon48
August 4th, 2005, 01:56 PM
Will be pulling for you.

Make that two of us SoCon'ers.

JCline

putter
August 4th, 2005, 02:16 PM
Having to play in the swamp on November will be a daunting task! You have my prayers also.

Saint3333
August 4th, 2005, 03:01 PM
Looks like even the big boys are taking advantage of the new ruling. That's probably the first NCAA rule which favors 1-AA since its inception.

TxSt02
August 4th, 2005, 03:42 PM
Cats vs Gators next season.

Go to the game if you can. I went to a game there a couple years back. It's a great place to catch a game... Beat the hell out them if you can!

AUTiger3
August 4th, 2005, 08:29 PM
nm

Cincy App
August 5th, 2005, 06:47 AM
Ouch! Enjoy the paycheck but it will be a slaughter - just like ASU's game against LSU this year. I don't care for scheduling games where you have no chance to compete.

blueballs
August 5th, 2005, 09:28 AM
Go to the game if you can. I went to a game there a couple years back. It's a great place to catch a game... Beat the hell out them if you can!

It is a great place to watch a game if you're a Florida fan, other than that...

UF fans are BY FAR the most classless people I've ever seen, and living 120 miles from their campus I've seen most all of 'em. Good luck Cats...

Baldy
August 5th, 2005, 10:28 AM
It is a great place to watch a game if you're a Florida fan, other than that...

UF fans are BY FAR the most classless people I've ever seen, and living 120 miles from their campus I've seen most all of 'em. Good luck Cats...

Amen to that, UF fans are LLLLLosers, better take your hardhat along.

gsuwinsudont
August 5th, 2005, 01:06 PM
You guys do see the irony of calling another group of fans classless when we've been slapped by the NCAA for fan actions? :rolleyes: Pot, have you met kettle.

Obviously i disagree with you to. BHG is a great place to see a game and the fans are no worse then anywhere else. Number one place to catch a college game according to ESPN's gameday. Just be glad the game's in november not september. Whew!

SoCon48
August 5th, 2005, 05:18 PM
Ouch! Enjoy the paycheck but it will be a slaughter - just like ASU's game against LSU this year. I don't care for scheduling games where you have no chance to compete.

Good point. However there are 2 or 3 SEC teams who need to go ahead and call in a forfeit for their games with LSU this Fall as well. I think ASU will do as well vs LSU as some of their their own conference mates this year.
If last year is a good example (and with LSU's pre-season pick as #1 by some, it could be worse) then there are some other teams who will be as embarrassed as we may be. Last season LSU whipped Missippi State 51-0, Arkansas 43-14, and OOC Ark St 55-24. The previous year, they beat Arizona 59-13, Ol Miss 41-6, and Arkansas 55-34. Hawaii who most of us felt embarrassed by in '03, put up 72 points on BYU, beat Army 59-28, and Fresno St 55-28.
I won't hang my head at all since I will feel we were in good company.

No matter what, I'm gonna have a huge good time in Baton Rouge and New Awlin's!!! :) :)

catamount man
August 6th, 2005, 08:18 AM
I'm already kissing the boss's ass to let me off the day before so I can make the 10 hour drive to Gainesville. Win or lose, this should be a special trip, but let's take care of business in 2005 first. 26 MORE DAYS!!! GO CATAMOUNTS!!!

SoCon48
August 6th, 2005, 11:46 AM
I'm already kissing the boss's ass to let me off the day before so I can make the 10 hour drive to Gainesville. Win or lose, this should be a special trip, but let's take care of business in 2005 first. 26 MORE DAYS!!! GO CATAMOUNTS!!!

As an App fan, my sentiments exactly. To me, it's no dishonor for ASU or WCU to lose heavily to a BCS team at their house and with their conf refs in front of a crowd the size of a small city. Big paycheck, good media coverage, and the kids have a memory to relay to their grandkids about playing in that kind of atmosphere.
Especially as long as these BCS teams embarrass some of their fellow BCS teams just as badly.

Those who ridicule these mis-matches are often the same ones who:
1. Their team never plays any OOC's but dinks, patsies and sisters of the poor
2. Jealous because another team has the privilege of facing a national power in I-A
3. Boast to high heaven when their team finally schedules some no-name, low level I-A
4. Say what with their conference reg schedule being so tough that they can't afford another tough game vs a I-A
5. Just plain vain about their team and chicken for them to line up vs the nation's very best.
;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

DCboyWCU
August 6th, 2005, 04:21 PM
That's one reason I like WCU, they aren't afraid to play with the best. Hell, last year I was feeling pretty good when we were down only 14-0 to bama just before the half. Even though that changed real quick. :bang: I know the players enjoyed it. I had a class with one and he talked about it the whole week after. I like the really big games. I think it helps a lot more than it hurts. We just got an OL transfer from auburn. Considering we just played them 2 or 3 years ago, I think it may be a good way to scoop up anyone who may be looking to transfer.

DCboy@WCU