PDA

View Full Version : JMU vs. Youngstown State in 2005?

JMU Duke Dog
August 4th, 2005, 10:48 AM
Well the PSAC coaches are still on strike and could result in the cancellations of some games in 2005 for Division I-AA teams. JMU is scheduled to play Division II Lock Haven of the PSAC on Saturday, September 3, 2005. Youngstown State also has games scheduled on that week against Slippery Rock from the PSAC. I have no idea how probable it is; however, it could be possible for JMU and Youngstown State to work out a deal. Other considerations from Division II opponents for JMU in no particular order are Fairmont State, Glenville State, Shepherd, West Virginia State, and West Virginia Wesleyan.

henfan
August 4th, 2005, 11:14 AM
I'd be very surprised if any of those games against PSAC schools end up being cancelled. The California (PA) HC already said he'll cross the picket line if he has to and has assured Monmouth that his team will show up for the game scheduled between the 2 teams. I'd expect at least a few other PSAC football coaches will do the scab thing, if need be.

Paladin1aa
August 4th, 2005, 12:43 PM
The Slippery Rock coach is not in the union. He was hired years ago under a faculty contract. All indications are that this game goes forward. Don't know about the others.

My guess is if they don't work out a deal, they will all go forward with a school rep present and players calling plays,etc. They need the revenue from the game, as clumsy as the game may be played. :nod:

FlyYtown
August 4th, 2005, 01:17 PM
That be nice 2 see but the Slippery Rock game is like 90% I'd say to goin off

blukeys
August 4th, 2005, 01:29 PM
I'd expect at least a few other PSAC football coaches will do the scab thing, if need be.

Like a certain former UD quarterback who graduated in 76 and took UD to a D-II National Championship in '74 and doesn't want to jeopardize his current school's ongoing relationship with UD?

GoGuins
August 5th, 2005, 10:42 AM
JMU-take it easy on former YSU O-coordinator John Klacik who just became Lock haven's HC this past year. :)

FlyYtown
August 5th, 2005, 12:09 PM
Hey I see you are using the sig I made.

Well I can make some better one's; thtat was when i was beginning the use of Photoshop...

Paladin1aa
August 5th, 2005, 12:44 PM
Hey , Go. You need to warn JMU about our "record setting OC" becoming LH's HC. He was Sooooooooooooo advanced on offensive strategy that the Dukes heads might spin when they see him in action. :D

FlyYtown
August 5th, 2005, 02:38 PM
I don't want this game anyways and there was anything at all rumored on it; Bob Hannon would've called it by now.

I like and know we can start 7-1 and This would be a most likely loss.

GoGuins
August 5th, 2005, 03:39 PM
Hey , Go. You need to warn JMU about our "record setting OC" becoming LH's HC. He was Sooooooooooooo advanced on offensive strategy that the Dukes heads might spin when they see him in action. :D

Yea, JMU's defensive coordinator has his work cut out for him. A lot of long nights preparing for Klacik's ingenious schemes :p